PDA

View Full Version : I hate Thursday night games!

woffordgrad94
October 22nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
Why, oh why do we have to play on a Thursday night? I simply can't make it to this game because I have work Friday morning...Cullowhee is just too far to go on a weeknight. Why was this game even scheduled for Thursday? It's not even that big of a game since Western Carolina is in last place and is undoubtebly the weakest team in the conference (there is no smack intended here-that is simply a fact). I guess it was scheduled when it was so that ESPNU could show it, maybe so they could showcase Wofford. I'm flattered, but here's some reality- hardly anyone will watch, beacuse many still don't get ESPNU, and because Virginia Tech and Boston College are on at the same time. I am lucky enough to get ESPNU so I can watch, but I'll be one of a handfull. Bottom line- I think this stinks. It is Any Given SATURDAY, not Any Given Thursday.

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 10:30 PM
I agree... sorry you are in that situation...

it is one thing for espn to have a thursday night game each week bc people will actually watch bc and vt but this one just doesnt make since

The Cats
October 23rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
I simply can't make it to this game because I have work Friday morning...Cullowhee is just too far to go on a weeknight.

Poor baby...... it's a whole 111 miles Spartanburg, SC to Cullowhee, NC, thats a total of two hours (at night no less). A true fan would not think twice about driving two hours and working the next day to see their team play. Give me a break.

citdog
October 23rd, 2007, 10:02 AM
gotta agree with The Cats on this one! get in your freaking Range Rover that Daddy bought you Woffyboy and drive to the game!

terrierbob
October 23rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
gotta agree with The Cats on this one! get in your freaking Range Rover that Daddy bought you Woffyboy and drive to the game!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

terrierbob
October 23rd, 2007, 10:09 AM
It REALLY pisses me off that Comcast won't hook up with ESPNU.

bluehenbillk
October 23rd, 2007, 10:38 AM
I'll be watching, well actually flipping between this game & BC - VaTech.

T-Dogg
October 23rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'll be watching from the sea islands of good ol' SC. Hope I can enjoy it more than Saturday's game against the "Fightin Phoenix". This Thursday game will give us a little more time to prepare for GSU. (we may need it)

Let's get it back together.............Go Terriers!!

woffordgrad94
October 23rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
I don't own a range rover. I have a car that I, not my dad,paid for in full. My dad didn't pay my way through college either. I got a partial academic scholorship, and the rest of it was financed through suffering at Burger King with unreliable employees and crazy customers. See, everything I've got or accomplished was done through hard work, much like yourself, citdog. So bite my butt.

Pauly LB
October 23rd, 2007, 10:58 AM
Why, oh why do we have to play on a Thursday night? I simply can't make it to this game because I have work Friday morning...Cullowhee is just too far to go on a weeknight. Why was this game even scheduled for Thursday? It's not even that big of a game since Western Carolina is in last place and is undoubtebly the weakest team in the conference (there is no smack intended here-that is simply a fact). I guess it was scheduled when it was so that ESPNU could show it, maybe so they could showcase Wofford. I'm flattered, but here's some reality- hardly anyone will watch, beacuse many still don't get ESPNU, and because Virginia Tech and Boston College are on at the same time. I am lucky enough to get ESPNU so I can watch, but I'll be one of a handfull. Bottom line- I think this stinks. It is Any Given SATURDAY, not Any Given Thursday.

If you hate Thursday night games, you probably also hate blue football fields (Boise State) that are also played on Thursday night...

appstate38
October 23rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
Thursday Nights game aren't that bad. As a matter of fact I wish the Apps would play more night games in general. They did for a while but have gotten away from it recently. Nothing like playing under the lights.

SuperJon
October 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
I absolutely love Thursday night games. Man up and go. I went to a basketball game on a Tuesday night at Winthrop (3.5 hours away) with class at 7:50 the next morning. I went to a game a High Point after being in class 8-4 with class 8-4 the next day as well. Just go.

CID1990
October 23rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
I don't own a range rover. I have a car that I, not my dad,paid for in full. My dad didn't pay my way through college either. I got a partial academic scholorship, and the rest of it was financed through suffering at Burger King with unreliable employees and crazy customers. See, everything I've got or accomplished was done through hard work, much like yourself, citdog. So bite my butt.

LOL.... you're just mad that you're going to have to miss the latest rerun of Gilmore Girls.

woffordgrad94
October 23rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
I'm starting to reconsider and go now. The closer it gets to the game, the more I feel like I won't be able to stay away after all!

Eaglesrus
October 23rd, 2007, 02:58 PM

Oh, and how many hours is it from the SC lowcountry to Statesboro? Oh, yeah, you won't stoop to to crossing the SC / GA line. Quite a supporter of the Cadets, huh? Or are you planning to show up now?

CID1990
October 23rd, 2007, 03:06 PM
Oh, and how many hours is it from the SC lowcountry to Statesboro? Oh, yeah, you won't stoop to to crossing the SC / GA line. Quite a supporter of the Cadets, huh? Or are you planning to show up now?

If Citdog attends the game, matters of national importance get neglected.

If YOU attend the game, the Slurpee machine at the Statesboro 7-Eleven doesn't get refilled.

hawkeye
October 23rd, 2007, 03:12 PM
Im sure the players like it because they do not have to get up early on Saturday. Also get to watch other games possibly if a short practice on Saturday.........thats uh......if you win on Thursday. And.......not the case for the Skyhawks.

dungeonjoe
October 23rd, 2007, 03:16 PM
I will TiVo most of the first quarter, as I have a meeting Thursday night. Football passion is one thing, being employed is another.

citdog
October 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
If Citdog attends the game, matters of national importance get neglected.

If YOU attend the game, the Slurpee machine at the Statesboro 7-Eleven doesn't get refilled.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx :D xrulesx xoopsx

you must spread some reputation around before..........

walliver
October 23rd, 2007, 04:57 PM
If you hate Thursday night games, you probably also hate blue football fields (Boise State) that are also played on Thursday night...

If it's blue, it's not a football field.

The Cats
October 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM
It REALLY pisses me off that Comcast won't hook up with ESPNU.

I totally agree. What can we do to get ESPNU on Comcast?

catamount man
October 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Dude, you and I live in the same area, although I'm a little to the west, and I gotta be at work Friday morning. Come on up!xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

woffordgrad94
October 24th, 2007, 05:55 PM
LOL.... you're just mad that you're going to have to miss the latest rerun of Gilmore Girls.

What the hell is Gilmore Girls?

Appaholic
October 24th, 2007, 07:36 PM

Yeah Citdog....Wofford students don't get bellhops like those at Citadel.....huh?..what?....oh, the bellhops were THE students?....sorry for the misunderstanding.....my fault....

WoCoTerrier
October 24th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I'd have to agree that a thursday night game is tough, but oh well. I won't be going (I don't like traveling, but don't accuse me of not being a fan, oh and I don't have a nice range rover to travel in either.) I will however being having friends over to watch the game, since I do have ESPNU. Attendance from the Wofford fans probably won't be too large, since it is a thursday, and the Wofford students will be going home as it is fall break. But besides all that, GO TERRIERS!!!!

Old Montana State Grad
October 24th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Hey, I laughed my arse off reading this thread. I've gotta confess that I'm starting to hate the Thursday and Friday night games also but only because they tend to steal a few folks away from high school games. I'd rather watch a j.v. high school game on Thursday and a real good high school game on Friday.

KiddBrewer
October 24th, 2007, 10:55 PM
is this going to end up on the smack thread?

Appaholic
October 24th, 2007, 11:47 PM
is this going to end up on the smack thread?

Yeah....sorry about that....I should know by now that any mention of Citdog usually end up in Smack......

What sucks about the Thusday game is that I don't get ESPNU to watch the game and wife will be out all evning.....could have turned into a good football-and-beer "Little Friday".....xrotatehx

proasu89
October 25th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Thursday Nights game aren't that bad. As a matter of fact I wish the Apps would play more night games in general. They did for a while but have gotten away from it recently. Nothing like playing under the lights.

I can think of 2 night games recently that were fun to watchxnodx My first game as a freshman, in then Conrad Stadium, was a night game against Western Kentucky.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 25th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Poor baby...... it's a whole 111 miles Spartanburg, SC to Cullowhee, NC, thats a total of two hours (at night no less). A true fan would not think twice about driving two hours and working the next day to see their team play. Give me a break.

That's an easy trip............111 miles..are you kidding me!!!!!