PDA

View Full Version : Lindenwood at EIU

BS50
October 13th, 2022, 10:14 AM
LU sitting at 3-2, with a 2-2 record vs FCS opponents. Those FCS schools have a combined 13-10 record so far. If you told me this is where we'd be sitting at this point in the season prior to the start of it, I'd be content.

Considering LU learned about the move to the OVC 2 days prior to NSD, they're still essentially a D2 built team, and a year behind in recruiting. I don't think it will take them long to catch up though.

Regarding this game.... I see it as winnable based on what the offense has been doing. It's going to have to be a game like they played vs. UCA... score as much as you possibly can and hope for a couple of stops or an EIU mistake. The Panthers look to run the ball really well and the Lions haven't shown the ability to stop the run in any shape or form. I would imagine they may be last in the nation in run defense tbh.

I had LU's ceiling at 4 wins prior to the season. I can see us reaching 5-6 now.

Let's go Lions!

Ridge1982
October 13th, 2022, 06:28 PM
EIU is also the former training facility of the NFL St. Louis Cardinals (1982-87)

Libertine
October 14th, 2022, 08:04 AM
EIU is also the former training facility of the NFL St. Louis Cardinals (1982-87)

And locals say that, on quiet moonless nights, the ghost of Neil Lomax still haunts the grounds.

But they also say that it could just be a vagrant in a red shirt who has nothing better to do.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2022, 08:44 AM
LU sitting at 3-2, with a 2-2 record vs FCS opponents. Those FCS schools have a combined 13-10 record so far. If you told me this is where we'd be sitting at this point in the season prior to the start of it, I'd be content.

Considering LU learned about the move to the OVC 2 days prior to NSD, they're still essentially a D2 built team, and a year behind in recruiting. I don't think it will take them long to catch up though.

Regarding this game.... I see it as winnable based on what the offense has been doing. It's going to have to be a game like they played vs. UCA... score as much as you possibly can and hope for a couple of stops or an EIU mistake. The Panthers look to run the ball really well and the Lions haven't shown the ability to stop the run in any shape or form. I would imagine they may be last in the nation in run defense tbh.

I had LU's ceiling at 4 wins prior to the season. I can see us reaching 5-6 now.

Let's go Lions!

......ARE YOU.....MUHAWKS COUSIN......xconfusedx......BRAWK?

BS50
October 14th, 2022, 08:55 AM
......ARE YOU.....MUHAWKS COUSIN......xconfusedx......BRAWK?

I have no idea what this means, lol

mvfcfan
October 14th, 2022, 09:02 AM
EIU fan here. Hoping we can win this game to get up to 2-0 in the OVC. All of our offense against NWSU came in the first half, so we'll have to be more balanced to win this game. Lindenwood so far has adjusted nicely to Division 1 and I'm happy they are in the OVC.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2022, 09:06 AM
I have no idea what this means, lol

......SEE....YA JES' NEEDED SOMEONE....TA TALK TO.....BRAWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2022, 01:39 PM
I watched Lindenwood last week against UCA and they are impressive both in look and action. They look like a legit challenge to the vast majority of FCS teams to me.

BS50
October 15th, 2022, 03:34 PM
Lions lead Panthers 14-10 at half.
Lindenwood has turned the ball over 3 times, but otherwise has played better than EIU, accounting for their narrow lead.

BS50
October 15th, 2022, 05:52 PM
Lions win in OT.
Lindenwood 4-2.
3-2 vs their FCS schedule

BS50
October 16th, 2022, 06:45 PM
I predicted 4 wins for the Lions this year. Two vs their 2 D2 opponents, 1 against their NAIA opponent, and I figured there would be an upset of at least one of their FCS opponents.

They've hit the 4 win mark with 4 games left on their schedule, 2 of which are against their old GLVC goes where they should be heavily favored.

I think the floor is now at 6 wins, with the ceiling being winning out and finishing with 8 wins.

Coach Stugart and his staff have done an incredible job. This is still mostly a D2 built (recruited) team. Looking forward to seeing what the Lions can put together in the years to come!