PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 6, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
October 8th, 2022, 10:11 PM
As we wind down another week of FCS football, and with one game remaining to be finished (Northern Colorado - 0 @ Sac State - 31; Qtr 3), I am posting this week's AGS Top 25 (and beyond) How They Fared sheet.

While a couple of teams in the Top 25 had some lackluster showings against perceived-to-be-inferior opponents, only 4 teams in the Top 25 lost. Three of these losses (#6 Delaware, #19 Missouri State, and #24 Eastern Washington) were to other teams (and conference opponents) within the Top 25 (#17 William & Mary, #18 Southern Illinois, and #7 Weber State), while #11 Southeastern Louisiana lost a head-scratcher to unranked FCS newcomer Texas A&M-Commerce. All teams ranked #26-36 won their matchups, while teams #37-39 suffered losses.

To see the full breakdown and links to delve even deeper into each team, game, and stats, CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PP0pTt3xXRHByPhvRUZIDXOtUkNxQKeYU0ASvf0kOtE/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared (Week 6 Edition).

Gil Dobie
October 8th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Curious to see if NDSU stays #1

gofurman
October 9th, 2022, 12:29 AM
Thanks. Go Furman!

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2022, 07:18 AM
Curious to see if NDSU stays #1
Bet they will in the Coaches and STATS Polls... AGS Poll not so sure - they've been leaking points for a few weeks. Hard to justify them there when just looking at this year considering Montana destroyed the same Indiana St that NDSU just struggled mightily with and SDSU easily handled the same USD team that NDSU trailed at halftime.

This week's placement for NDSU and SDSU will be pretty trivial though - I get the feeling whoever wins next Saturday will be #1 unless/until they lose or one of the top 4 Big Sky teams run the table.

Tribal
October 9th, 2022, 08:31 AM
I think a team, especially a proven team, should remain #1 until they lose. So many great teams in the top 5, it’s difficult to firmly state who is better.

RabidRabbit
October 9th, 2022, 09:16 AM
I think a team, especially a proven team, should remain #1 until they lose. So many great teams in the top 5, it’s difficult to firmly state who is better.However, we're now far enough into season so those at the top should be there due to schedule to date and a perfect or tight loss to a good FBS program. Sac St and Weber St. have an FBS win and over top 25 FCS programs. NDSU has the quality loss to AZ, but no quality W vs FCS. SDSU has the close FBS loss, but has three games vs FCS 2021 playoff teams, and mostly won those handily.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Cats
October 9th, 2022, 09:58 AM
As we wind down another week of FCS football, and with one game remaining to be finished (Northern Colorado - 0 @ Sac State - 31; Qtr 3), I am posting this week's AGS Top 25 (and beyond) How They Fared sheet.

While a couple of teams in the Top 25 had some lackluster showings against perceived-to-be-inferior opponents, only 4 teams in the Top 25 lost. Three of these losses (#6 Delaware, #19 Missouri State, and #24 Eastern Washington) were to other teams (and conference opponents) within the Top 25 (#17 William & Mary, #18 Southern Illinois, and #7 Weber State), while #11 Southeastern Louisiana lost a head-scratcher to unranked FCS newcomer Texas A&M-Commerce. All teams ranked #26-36 won their matchups, while teams #37-39 suffered losses.

To see the full breakdown and links to delve even deeper into each team, game, and stats, CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PP0pTt3xXRHByPhvRUZIDXOtUkNxQKeYU0ASvf0kOtE/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared (Week 6 Edition).

Thanks for all the hard work!!!!

caribbeanhen
October 9th, 2022, 10:04 AM
I think a team, especially a proven team, should remain #1 until they lose. So many great teams in the top 5, it’s difficult to firmly state who is better.

Still #1 but certainly not a resounding #1

As far as the Delaware at William & Mary game, you put a beat down on us in the first half but The Hens came back tough in second half only to let it slip away... fumbled a punt, bad snap and refs calling back a TD run that put us up, William is top 10 in my book so the road loss shouldn’t knock Delaware down 10 spots or anything

Preferred Walk-On
October 9th, 2022, 11:34 AM

As far as the Delaware at William & Mary game, you put a beat down on us in the first half but The Hens came back tough in second half only to let it slip away... fumbled a punt, bad snap and refs calling back a TD run that put us up, William is top 10 in my book so the road loss shouldn’t knock Delaware down 10 spots or anything

While I am usually a bit more positive about NDSU than some of my fellow fans on this site...and NDSU usually gets the other team's best each week...and this was a trap week for NDSU (SDSU on the horizon), I'd have to say that I do not think they are #1 at this point. There is just too much inconsistency, too much lack of discipline, too many mistakes, an inability to take control of a game, and they have the more difficult part of their schedule remaining (SDSU, SIU, UND, and even ISUr...sorry WIU). I cannot in good faith rank NDSU #1 (and did not last week either), but next weekend will help tease this out a bit (just like it will once the Montanas, Weber, and Sac actually start playing each other). I think NDSU is a championship contender, but not the way they are currently playing.

KPSUL
October 9th, 2022, 02:03 PM

I agree, I only dropped them 9 places.

Only joking. W&M top CAA team in the AGS 25 - for now. 3 spots ahead of Da Hens. When you're talking about top 10, one slip up hurts you more - the teams right behind are too good to ignore.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 9th, 2022, 08:17 PM
I had 5 CAA teams ranked but none in the Top 10, highest being 11th. Not sure what to make of that development....

Likely a bit higher on Holy Cross and UT-Martin than others. Both have semifinal potential with the "right draw" imo....

Preferred Walk-On
October 9th, 2022, 08:37 PM
I had 5 CAA teams ranked but none in the Top 10, highest being 11th. Not sure what to make of that development....

Likely a bit higher on Holy Cross and UT-Martin than others. Both have semifinal potential with the "right draw" imo....

I have definitely been higher on Tennessee-Martin than others...Holy Cross was the highest I have ever ranked them this week.

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2022, 09:40 PM
UTM is losing steam in a hurry for me... that loss to Missouri St that at one time was pulling them higher is now dragging them down.

SEMO is the OVC team I'm higher on that most.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 9th, 2022, 09:44 PM
UTM is losing steam in a hurry for me... that loss to Missouri St that at one time was pulling them higher is now dragging them down.

Context imo. Missouri State and Petrino were still motivated thus playing their best, elite-level ball when UTM visited Springfield. Since the 4th quarter against Arkansas the wheels have fallen off due to Petrino's extremely questionable leadership. Missouri State always had a boom or bust potential given their coach and roster composition....

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2022, 09:49 PM
Context imo. Missouri State and Petrino were still motivated thus playing their best, elite-level ball when UTM visited Springfield. Since the 4th quarter against Arkansas the wheels have fallen off due to Petrino's extremely questionable leadership. Missouri State always had a boom or bust potential given their coach and roster composition....
That's a lot of guess-timation IMO... I try to apply Occam's Razor as much as possible when putting my ballot together because it gets real tough to apply ranking criteria evenly when you try to account for a lot of subjective variables rather than just accepting the simplest explanation.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2022, 10:21 AM
Just over 40 minutes left to vote so get them in folks!