PDA

View Full Version : Kennesaw State to C-USA?

Pages : 1 [2]

FUBeAR
October 12th, 2022, 06:04 PM
Y'all are so right. When people ask me (in Savannah, 30 miles from Statesboro) what conference Mercer is in I usually have to reply "SoCon", then add the qualifier "you know the conference Georgia Southern used to be in."
You’re leaving off the last (best) part of that… “…you know the Conference GaSou used to be very successful in before they decided to change and become completely irrelevant.”

katss07
October 12th, 2022, 06:14 PM
You’re leaving off the last (best) part of that… “…you know the Conference GaSou used to be very successful in before they decided to change and become completely irrelevant.”
That’d be a mouthful.

FUBeAR
October 12th, 2022, 07:00 PM
That’d be a mouthful.
He’s a Doctor. They’s good with big words.

HootyHoo
October 12th, 2022, 07:15 PM

Riiiight, KSU would hate to be GA Southern. Hiring the former head coach of the University of Southern California. What losers! hahahahaha

*sarcasm

Daytripper
October 12th, 2022, 07:25 PM
There are literally legitimate pros and cons to both leaving for the possibilities of FBS and staying for familiarity and structure of the FCS. To each their own. I hope we are successful in the move to CUSA but there is no guarantee. The Sunbelt was the bottom dwelling FBS conference at one point and now they are the darlings of the G5. You never know what the future holds.

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2022, 07:25 PM
Riiiight, KSU would hate to be GA Southern. Hiring the former head coach of the University of Southern California. What losers! hahahahaha

*sarcasm

G5 Football: Hey! Do you see that *insert retread P5 coach* we hired! That's almost like winning.

HootyHoo
October 12th, 2022, 07:35 PM
G5 Football: Hey! Do you see that *insert retread P5 coach* we hired! That's almost like winning.

Helton was a good hire. Dang, there is a lot of cynicism on the board these days. He has been instantly competitive with a team recruited to play an opposite brand of football. That is a good coaching job.

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2022, 07:39 PM
Helton was a good hire. Dang, there is a lot of cynicism on the board these days. He has been instantly competitive with a team recruited to play an opposite brand of football. That is a good coaching job.

I'm just trying to figure out how, KSU, when trying to "Be like GA Southern", would revert to some random coaching hire versus having a program that has won **** and the overall pedigree of a relevant program.

ElCid
October 12th, 2022, 07:59 PM

*sarcasm

You are seriously, easily impressed.

*Not sarcasm

FUBeAR
October 12th, 2022, 09:52 PM
You are seriously, easily impressed.

*Not sarcasmApparently, owlets, like moths and other insects, are easily attracted to any bright light…

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/448a79cd-705a-4c51-a70e-5b9e7652a147.ee72716d620db4894cd8bb35dea3b8df.gif

Mocs123
October 13th, 2022, 07:52 AM

*sarcasm

Of course GSU has 6 National Championships. Even if they aren't relevant now, they were at one time.

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2022, 10:17 AM
Of course GSU has 6 National Championships. Even if they aren't relevant now, they were at one time.
Depends on what you consider "relevant". Some probably consider being New Orleans Bowl champs to be more relevant than being FCS national champs.

kdinva
October 13th, 2022, 11:18 AM
From a university standpoint, Kennesaw is far more FBS appropriate than JSU or SHSU.

From an athletics standpoint, woof. They got some serious work to do.

what about their stadium? Build new; or get expanded the current venue?

JSUSoutherner
October 13th, 2022, 11:42 AM
what about their stadium? Build new; or get expanded the current venue?

Level Brandsmart and build a new one.

Someone on the JSU board also pitched buying the Town Center mall and putting it there, but I doubt that could be swung. Even though it would be a super dope area for the stadium.

Mocs123
October 13th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Obviously the NCAA doesn't enforce minimum attendance requirements anymore as most of the new FCS to FBS teams don't have a prayer of meeting them (JMU and JSU excluded)

kdinva
October 13th, 2022, 12:25 PM
Obviously the NCAA doesn't enforce minimum attendance requirements anymore ...

See the MAC

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 13th, 2022, 01:00 PM
I think it's funny that fans of teams with no realistic chance of winning an FCS national championship (even if NDSU moved on) are going to tell fans of other teams they shouldn't go FBS because "they won't be relevant".

It's fine to prefer the FCS playoffs to bowls (I sure do) but you have to weigh that against being in a conference with peer schools, better TV exposure (and being paid to be on TV) and getting a piece of the CFP pie that's only going to go up after it is expanded (with G5 teams getting in). There's just not any FCS natural home for southeastern teams like KSU and JSU and anyone who is honest with themselves knows if they were fans of one of these two schools knows they'd at least get the argument for moving on.

I wish that there was another subdivision with most of the G5 and a real post-season, but there isn't and probably never will be one.

Daytripper
October 13th, 2022, 01:07 PM
I think it's funny that fans of teams with no realistic chance of winning an FCS national championship (even if NDSU moved on) are going to tell fans of other teams they shouldn't go FBS because "they won't be relevant".

It's fine to prefer the FCS playoffs to bowls (I sure do) but you have to weigh that against being in a conference with peer schools, better TV exposure (and being paid to be on TV) and getting a piece of the CFP pie that's only going to go up after it is expanded (with G5 teams getting in). There's just not any FCS natural home for southeastern teams like KSU and JSU and anyone who is honest with themselves knows if they were fans of one of these two schools knows they'd at least get the argument for moving on.

I wish that there was another subdivision with most of the G5 and a real post-season, but there isn't and probably never will be one.

^^^This^^^

JSUSoutherner
October 13th, 2022, 01:15 PM

Excuse me, could your repeat this, but this time turn up your megaphone?

Daytripper
October 13th, 2022, 02:36 PM
This is a good sign of things to come for us. Our relationship with the people at NRG made this happen. Looking forward to a new visitor every year.

https://gobearkats.com/news/2022/10/13/football-kats-air-force-to-open-series-at-nrg-stadium-in-2023.aspx

Story Links

HUNTSVILLE – Sam Houston football has played annually at NRG Stadium since 2010 and that will continue into the FBS and the 2023 season after the program announced a home-and-home series with Air Force on Thursday.

The 2-game series will be the first meetings ever between the Bearkats and Falcons and will begin September 9, 2023 at NRG Stadium. Sam Houston will return the game on September 13, 2025 when it travels to Colorado Springs for a game at Falcon Stadium on the United States Air Force Academy campus.

The Kats will be considered the home team for the game in Houston, similar to the alternating home/visitor format it has had with the Battle of the Piney Woods.

JSUSoutherner
October 13th, 2022, 02:44 PM
This is a good sign of things to come for us. Our relationship with the people at NRG made this happen. Looking forward to a new visitor every year.

https://gobearkats.com/news/2022/10/13/football-kats-air-force-to-open-series-at-nrg-stadium-in-2023.aspx

Story Links

HUNTSVILLE – Sam Houston football has played annually at NRG Stadium since 2010 and that will continue into the FBS and the 2023 season after the program announced a home-and-home series with Air Force on Thursday.

The 2-game series will be the first meetings ever between the Bearkats and Falcons and will begin September 9, 2023 at NRG Stadium. Sam Houston will return the game on September 13, 2025 when it travels to Colorado Springs for a game at Falcon Stadium on the United States Air Force Academy campus.

The Kats will be considered the home team for the game in Houston, similar to the alternating home/visitor format it has had with the Battle of the Piney Woods.
Or y'all could just get your own stadium that's worth a damn and have this game on campus.

Daytripper
October 13th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Or y'all could just get your own stadium that's worth a damn and have this game on campus.

Ya work with what ya got.

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2022, 03:06 PM
Seriously - should this thread be moved to “Other Interests > Other Sports” or these posts to the G5 thread already in that Forum?

Just doesn’t seem to be “FCS Discussion” to FUBeAR.

JSUSoutherner
October 13th, 2022, 03:17 PM
Seriously - should this thread be moved to “Other Interests > Other Sports” or these posts to the G5 thread already in that Forum?

Are Sam Houston, Jacksonville State, and Kennesaw currently in FCS conferences, playing FCS schedules, and being included in FCS Ranking systems like Massey?

katss07
October 13th, 2022, 03:21 PM
Air Force is a game that should be played on campus IMO. I don’t care that they’re playing it at NRG, it’s good exposure regardless and the game should draw a decent crowd. But in the long run, I’d prefer to only have P5 opponents in Houston. G5 teams should come to SHSU.

Stadium improvements better be in the works, and I’m not talking about terraces.

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2022, 03:40 PM
Are Sam Houston, Jacksonville State, and Kennesaw currently in FCS conferences, playing FCS schedules, and being included in FCS Ranking systems like Massey?
Dunno…ain’t studyin’ any of ‘em

Daytripper
October 13th, 2022, 04:35 PM

Daytripper is pretty sure nobody is forcing you to click on this thread, FUBeAR.

UNAPride
October 13th, 2022, 04:41 PM
Very interesting podcast interview with Matt Brown.

Listen starting at 8:00 but stick around to about 32:00 as well.

youtu.be/HjNnzqBTudE?t=481 (http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2139a887ad501313cd8cce3053c5&subId=3210402&u=https%3A//youtu.be/HjNnzqBTudE%3Ft%3D481)

HootyHoo
October 13th, 2022, 04:49 PM
http://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1580649546345873408?s=20&t=cqJdsJFbIb2RWzQ5pt9XLA

HootyHoo
October 13th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Hooty will never share a tweet correctly. As is Tradition. Well, it sounds like this plan will be moving forward and the plans will be announced soon. It will interesting to see how much $$$ will be dedicated to facility upgrades.

JSUSoutherner
October 13th, 2022, 05:30 PM
Hooty will never share a tweet correctly. As is Tradition. Well, it sounds like this plan will be moving and the plans will be announced soon. It will interesting to see how much $$$ will be dedicated to facility upgrades.
Any idea when the BOT will discuss facility upgrades?

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2022, 05:45 PM
Daytripper is pretty sure nobody is forcing you to click on this thread, FUBeAR.
Don’t make it right though. Now, does it?

FUBeAR feels unsafe when FBS talk, with all of its disease and impurity, is commingled with the truth and beauty of the FCS world.

UNAPride
October 13th, 2022, 05:59 PM
Don’t make it right though. Now, does it?

FUBeAR feels unsafe when FBS talk, with all of its disease and impurity, is commingled with the truth and beauty of the FCS world.

That podcast link I shared is of ETSU guys and they had Matt Brown on but afterward they discuss their thoughts about the SoCon expanding.

HootyHoo
October 13th, 2022, 06:23 PM
Any idea when the BOT will discuss facility upgrades?

I do not. It sounds like an official announcement is coming by the end of the month. It would be nice to know the direction we are taking the Athletic program.

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Try to join a league that doesn't play on Saturday so you don't have to compete with the real FBS schools for attendees.

HootyHoo
October 13th, 2022, 08:12 PM
Try to join a league that doesn't play on Saturday so you don't have to compete with the real FBS schools for attendees.

Hooty cannot wait until the MWC gets raided and then brings up Montana, Montana State, North Dakota State, and South Dakota State. You will change your tune so fast we will all get whiplash.

dgtw
October 13th, 2022, 10:00 PM

AFA probably told them Houston or forget about it.

UNHWildcat18
October 13th, 2022, 11:52 PM
Hooty cannot wait until the MWC gets raided and then brings up Montana, Montana State, North Dakota State, and South Dakota State. You will change your tune so fast we will all get whiplash.
It wont, if anything the pac 12 gets raided and WSU and OSU head to the MWC

Bisonoline
October 13th, 2022, 11:59 PM

Get off your high horse. Youve been irrelevant for years in FCS. You think FBS is going to change that?

ElCid
October 14th, 2022, 07:37 AM
Get off your high horse. Youve been irrelevant for years in FCS. You think FBS is going to change that?

No joke. This guy is entertaining. This must be the highlight of his life.

Daytripper
October 14th, 2022, 07:57 AM
No joke. This guy is entertaining. This must be the highlight of his life.

He is young. With age comes wisdom...and cynicism. He will get there eventually.

ElCid
October 14th, 2022, 08:11 AM
He is young. With age comes wisdom...and cynicism. He will get there eventually.

Yup. You're right. With age comes perspective, and wisdom.

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2022, 08:39 AM
Yup. You're right. With age comes perspective, and wisdom.
Yeah the perspective that everything is f***ed and the wisdom to know it's only gonna get worse.

Sorry, am I projecting? xdrunkyx

clenz
October 14th, 2022, 09:21 AM
Yeah the perspective that everything is f***ed and the wisdom to know it's only gonna get worse.

Sorry, am I projecting? xdrunkyx
Nope. That sounds about right.

HootyHoo
October 14th, 2022, 09:49 AM

Yes, i know i'm naive, young(at heart), and stupid. But i do think increased revenue, TV exposure, and investment in facilities will make KSU more relevant than it is today. Which is not hard because FCS is completely irrelevant.

The Bison are playing the Jackrabbits in a 1 vs 2 showdown and literally nobody cares outside of the frozen tundra that is your home. Do you think North Dakota State is relevant now? When you can't even beat a bad arizona squad? Are you not tired of watching your former coaches go off and have success at the P5 level while you are stuck beating up on a bunch of small private schools?

Newsflash people: The FCS you know is dead. Either adapt or die with it.

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2022, 09:55 AM
Yes, i know i'm naive, young(at heart), and stupid. But i do think increased revenue, TV exposure, and investment in facilities will make KSU more relevant than it is today. Which is not hard because FCS is completely irrelevant.

The Bison are playing the Jackrabbits in a 1 vs 2 showdown and literally nobody cares outside of the frozen tundra that is your home. Do you think North Dakota State is relevant now? When you can't even beat a bad arizona squad? Are you not tired of watching your former coaches go off and have success at the P5 level while you are stuck beating up on a bunch of small private schools?

Probably wouldn't call anyone out on their FBS wins when y'all couldn't beat Kent State.

FUBeAR
October 14th, 2022, 09:59 AM

Newsflash people: The FCS you know is dead. Either adapt or die with it.FBS schedule update…

UNDEFEATED & RANKED former 2-time FCS Natl Champion, JMU, is playing former 6-time FCS/I-AA Natl Champion tomorrow…

James Madison vs Georgia Southern

Date: Saturday, October 15
Game Time: 4:00 ET
Venue: Allen E Paulson Stadium, Statesboro, GA
How To Watch: ESPN+

WOO-HOO…SO RELEVANT!!

HootyHoo
October 14th, 2022, 10:06 AM
FBS schedule update…

UNDEFEATED & RANKED former FCS Natl Champion, JMU, is playing former 6-time FCS/I-AA Natl Champion tomorrow…

James Madison vs Georgia Southern

Date: Saturday, October 15
Game Time: 4:00 ET
Venue: Allen E Paulson Stadium, Statesboro, GA
How To Watch: ESPN+

WOO-HOO…SO RELEVANT!!

Thank you for making my point. I have seen more advertising for this game than i have for the Marker. This game is rotating right now on the ESPN Bottom Bar on national TV. I was having lunch with my father this week(old UGA alum who has a soft spot for Erk) and he noticed the game and made a comment about how he might catch a few plays to see how the new coach was doing in Statesboro.

The perfect example of how being FBS automatically puts you on the national radar. People see the scores, they get updates. Nobody knows we exist down here. Sure if the Bison beat Iowa St, ESPN will pat them on the head and tell them how special they are, but then they dump em and don't even mention them again until Frisco.

Daytripper
October 14th, 2022, 11:27 AM
Thank you for making my point. I have seen more advertising for this game than i have for the Marker. This game is rotating right now on the ESPN Bottom Bar on national TV. I was having lunch with my father this week(old UGA alum who has a soft spot for Erk) and he noticed the game and made a comment about how he might catch a few plays to see how the new coach was doing in Statesboro.

The perfect example of how being FBS automatically puts you on the national radar. People see the scores, they get updates. Nobody knows we exist down here. Sure if the Bison beat Iowa St, ESPN will pat them on the head and tell them how special they are, but then they dump em and don't even mention them again until Frisco.

I hate to admit it but there is quite a bit of truth in this post.

There must be a glitch in the matrix...xeyebrowx

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2022, 12:24 PM
Yes i know i',m naive, young(at heart), and stupid. But i do think increased revenue, TV exposure, and investment in facilities will make KSU more relevant than it is today. Which is not hard because FCS is completely irrelevant.

Didnt have to read any further. But I do agree with the statement.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Anyone moving up from FCS with the intention of going to the CFP is missing the boat.

I have no delusions that Jax State will ever sniff a CFP appearance. Even JMU has next to no chance. Like you said even UCF and Cincinnati (which are both basically P5 programs anyway) had to both move mountains to even get into the conversation.

The way I see it, if Jacksonville State can come into the FBS, rekindle some old rivalries, start some new ones, and be competitive for the conference title and a nice bowl game against a middling SEC west team in the Birmingham Bowl. I can live with that.

One of the things I've realized over the past little while is that I just could not care less about our regular season slate.

The only regular season games I truly cared about were the games we had with you guys back when y'all had Huesman and they were spectacular fun to watch and be at. And the Kennesaw games that were the same thing even though we may have been on the other end of the stick. Those were about it. Nobody in our fanbase cares about a regular season game vs Murray State or Nicholls. For us, the regular season has largely just been a necessary step taken to get to the postseason where there were no stakes because we were blowing teams out be 40 every week.

I'd rather have games against Troy, Georgia Southern, and other regional rivals where the games get to matter and people recognize the schools we play for reasons other than "they're in our conference and we will beat them by 45 like every other year".

The OVC provided no challenge to us in the regular season.

The ASun only provided a challenge last year because of Grass and since then it's taken us giving the ball away 5 times to get a competitive game.

I want to be able to look forward to the regular season again and not just be sitting around watching blowouts all season waiting for our chance to maybe draw a good game in the playoffs.

Does that mean the ceiling now is a CUSA championship and a Birmingham Bowl Bid rather than a National Championship?

Yup. And that's fine by me personally as long as we come out and compete for it.

I have said this before, to the shagrin of some of the more annoying NDSU fans on here: if enjoying college football was predicated on one's ability to win a national title, the sport would fizzle out long ago. The overwhelming majority of programs who have fielded a team have not won a title in living memory, if at all.

What makes college football fun is the regional rivalries and the atmosphere of the games.

Sure, some of this is taking one's ball's home on some level. I won't dispute it. But, speaking as a fan of the conference that has had the most turnover in terms of champions and teams in the last decade, I have come to appreciate playing in the socon a lot more. Yeah, we aren't national title contenders yet/any more, but each game feels a lot more special than it did even a decade ago because of the competitiveness and rivalries that have developed as new teams came in, bad teams got better, and history played out.

Part of the reason I don't love the FCS as much as I used to is because the 24 team field, with all of the shortcomings it has, distracts and belittles this.

Catbooster
October 14th, 2022, 01:54 PM
*chagrin

xthumbsupx

FUBeAR
October 14th, 2022, 02:13 PM

This makes your point?

A game only available on the same platform as many FCS Teams, played in a podunk town with a population smaller than KSU’s enrollment, in a stadium that has avg’d about 60% of capacity.

This is Hooty Hoo’s vision of Big Time College Football.

You did not mistype…

Yes, i know i'm naive…and stupid.

JacksFan40
October 14th, 2022, 04:03 PM

Adding on to this, when people think of App State from 2005-2007 what is the first thing that comes to mind? That’s right, the Michigan game in 2007. The fact that they went on to win their third straight FCS title that same year is an afterthought, or not even known by casual fans, but everyone knows about that blocked kick to upset the Wolverines.

Being an FCS powerhouse isn’t worth much in the eyes of the national media unless you upset an FBS team.

FUBeAR
October 14th, 2022, 04:16 PM
Adding on to this, when people think of App State from 2005-2007 what is the first thing that comes to mind? That’s right, the Michigan game in 2007. The fact that they went on to win their third straight FCS title that same year is an afterthought, or not even known by casual fans, but everyone knows about that blocked kick to upset the Wolverines.

Being an FCS powerhouse isn’t worth much in the eyes of the national media unless you upset an FBS team.
Being another random G5 in a Conference no one knows isn’t worth much in the eyes of anyone, ever.

FUBeAR lives in Atlanta. FUBeAR hears just as much about Georgia State Football as he hears about Lagrange College Football - a D3 an hour away.

If you’re not P5, you’re just an “other” to everyone except (maybe) your Alumni & your few local fans. If it works for you financially, great…but don’t think you are anything other than just another other.

JacksFan40
October 14th, 2022, 04:38 PM
Being another random G5 in a Conference no one knows isn’t worth much in the eyes of anyone, ever.

FUBeAR lives in Atlanta. FUBeAR hears just as much about Georgia State Football as he hears about Lagrange College Football - a D3 an hour away.

If you’re not P5, you’re just an “other” to everyone except (maybe) your Alumni & your few local fans. If it works for you financially, great…but don’t think you are anything other than just another other.
Nobody cares about Georgia State because they’re a middle of the road team. Even in the P5 you don’t hear much about the middle of the road teams unless they’re a national brand (Texas A&M and Nebraska for example) but nobody cares about South Carolina, Boston College, or Maryland outside of when they get matched up against someone like Georgia, Clemson, or Michigan.

The top G5 teams receive pretty good recognition, especially when they’re ranked and in contention for the NY6 bowl bid. UCF, Cincinnati, Memphis, Houston, Boise State, San Diego State, BYU have all become fairly well known programs. Even the lesser programs like Northern Illinois, Appalachian State, Marshall, and UTSA have all received good national recognition during their successful seasons. Far more than any FCS team save for maybe NDSU, and that’s because NDSU is an absolute exception, nobody will ever match what they’ve done in the FCS.

JMU, App State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Coastal Carolina, and Liberty have all boosted their programs far more then they ever could’ve in the FCS.

UNAPride
October 14th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Congrats Owls Nation!! It's official.

Kennesaw State to Join Conference USA in 2024-25

https://ksuowls.com/news/2022/10/14/general-kennesaw-state-to-join-conference-usa-in-2024-25.aspx

https://ksuowls.com/images/2022/10/14/C-USA-KSU_mark__black_bg__oISnt.png?width=1920&height=1080&mode=crop&quality=80&format=jpg

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2022, 05:28 PM
Congrats Owls Nation!! It's official.

Kennesaw State to Join Conference USA in 2024-25

https://ksuowls.com/news/2022/10/14/general-kennesaw-state-to-join-conference-usa-in-2024-25.aspx

https://ksuowls.com/images/2022/10/14/C-USA-KSU_mark__black_bg__oISnt.png?width=1920&height=1080&mode=crop&quality=80&format=jpg

Nothing in there about plans to update their Fisher-Price football stadium.

dbackjon
October 14th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Well, Bye!

FUBeAR
October 14th, 2022, 06:01 PM
I’m sure that perspective is accurate from Watertown, SD.

DEAD WRONG about South Carolina - FUBeAR lived in SC (GVL & COLA) and the SE (in addition to PHL & CA) for many years.

If you ain’t P5, you’re an other.

JacksFan40
October 14th, 2022, 06:25 PM
I’m sure that perspective is accurate from Watertown, SD.

DEAD WRONG about South Carolina - FUBeAR lived in SC and the SE (in addition to PHL & CA) for many years.

I would hope the Gamecocks were a big deal in their own state. Just because Minnesota is popular here in our region doesn’t mean they’re relevant at the national level. Nobody outside of South Carolina cares about South Carolina, they always have and always will be Clemson’s little brother. They actually got some national buzz when Spurrier was there and getting them 10 win seasons, but now nobody cares about them. I’ve seen far more coverage for Cincinnati, UCF, Houston, and even App State this year compared to South Carolina. Because as I stated previously, nobody cares about them when they aren’t contenders.

FUBeAR
October 14th, 2022, 06:42 PM

https://i0.wp.com/onlysky.media/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/fast-times-learn-it-know-it-live-it.gif?resize=498%2C280&ssl=1

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2022, 06:47 PM
I would hope the Gamecocks were a big deal in their own state.
Don't worry. We are.

Daytripper
October 14th, 2022, 07:05 PM

https://i0.wp.com/onlysky.media/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/fast-times-learn-it-know-it-live-it.gif?resize=498%2C280&ssl=1

This right here. All of these arguments about how *****t* it is to be FCS or CUSA is just circular and useless. All of us are irrelevant in some way or another if you aren't Alabama, Ohio State, or Georgia. It is just a waste of breathe. There are no winners in any of this...it is just about where your university feels like they are a good/better fit. I don't think there is a bad or good, because it is all the same. I'm glad KSU is joining CUSA. What I would like to see, personally, is the SHSU, JSU, and KSU come in and take over the conference. Keeler is basically trashing this football season by redshirting everybody that matters for our inaugural season in '23. We will be good next year. We will also bring strong baseball and golf programs. Basketball...not so much.

JacksFan40
October 14th, 2022, 07:05 PM

If we’re going to be an other we might as well do it at the highest level of college football.

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2022, 07:14 PM
This right here. All of these arguments about how *****t* it is to be FCS or CUSA is just circular and useless. All of us are irrelevant in some way or another if you aren't Alabama, Ohio State, or Georgia. It is just a waste of breathe. There are no winners in any of this...it is just about where your university feels like they are a good/better fit. I don't think there is a bad or good, because it is all the same. I'm glad KSU is joining CUSA. What I would like to see, personally, is the SHSU, JSU, and KSU come in and take over the conference. Keeler is basically trashing this football season by redshirting everybody that matters for our inaugural season in '23. We will be good next year. We will also bring strong baseball and golf programs. Basketball...not so much.
Well if we could get Jim Case to retire, we'd be able to bring in a top notch baseball program. That'll have to wait.

But we can do Football, Shooty Hoops, and golf too.

FUBeAR
October 14th, 2022, 08:02 PM
If we’re going to be an other we might as well do it at the highest level of college football.
Do it wherever/whatever you want. If it feels good to you, be happy.

Be happy as the other you are; just like every FCS Team though… still just another other.

JSUSoutherner
October 15th, 2022, 01:36 PM
Ya know. Kennesaw doesn't need a new stadium.

They need fans first. There absolutely no one at this game. They are definitely hot stuff in the Atlanta market.

JSUSoutherner
October 15th, 2022, 02:44 PM
But i do think increased revenue, TV exposure, and investment in facilities will make KSU more relevant than it is today.

Not sure the bar could get much lower for Kennesaw after today. xlolx

katss07
October 15th, 2022, 03:28 PM
Kennnnnesawwwwww what’s going on over there????

BisonFan02
October 15th, 2022, 03:29 PM
Kennesaw will soon help us pad the FBS scalp stat.

JSUSoutherner
October 15th, 2022, 03:31 PM
Kennesaw will soon help us pad the FBS scalp stat.
Yeah at least I can sleep at night knowing that no matter how bad we are in the FBS, we won't go 0-12 with Kennesaw on the schedule. Good lord.

HootyHoo
October 15th, 2022, 08:54 PM
Well let’s just be completely honest. It was an embarrassing performance today from the Owls.

After deep contemplation and meditation, I have decided it is time for Kennesaw State to move on from Coach Bohannon. With the new rules, the Triple Option is extinct. The transition year is a perfect opportunity to revamp the coaching staff and install new offensive and defensive systems. The Transfer Portal should also be relied upon heavily.

2-4 is unacceptable. 51-24 is unacceptable. It’s time to make a change.

katss07
October 15th, 2022, 09:41 PM
I bet 51-24 IS unacceptable at Kennesaw State :D

Green Cookie Monster
October 15th, 2022, 09:45 PM
What are you going to change to get more than 4,500 to a game?

HootyHoo
October 15th, 2022, 09:51 PM
What are you going to change to get more than 4,500 to a game?

The offense for one. Football is supposed to be fun. Watching KSU has become a chore.

Libertine
October 15th, 2022, 10:10 PM
After deep contemplation and meditation,...

I'm biting my tongue so hard, it's bleedin'. xsmiley_wix

I'm sitting here watching Air Force take UNLV apart and the option offense they run seems fun. A lot of people say the same thing about Coastal's option offense. I really doubt that offensive scheme is the problem.