PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Writer Says Indians Wont Lose ALCS

UNHWildCats
October 19th, 2007, 04:23 PM
No, this won’t be a repeat of 2004 when the Red Sox became the only team in postseason history to rally from a 3-0 deficit to oust the Yankees and win their first World Series since 1918.

No, Northeast Ohio won’t add The Collapse to The Drive, The Fumble and The Shot.

This Indians team is better than the Red Sox and will prove it once and for all in cramped Fenway Park. Sure, a home-field celebration would’ve been nice, but silencing Red Sox Nation in its house will be just as sweet.

“The champagne tastes just as good on the road as it does at home,” first baseman Ryan Garko said.

Interesting, lets see who laughs last.

Then there was this bit....

With his ex-girlfriend, country singer Danielle Peck, on the field twice to belt out the national anthem and “God Bless America,” Beckett wasn’t the least bit affected. He must have won the breakup.

Josh Beckett actually summed it up nicely when he said...

"I don't get paid to make those [expletive] decisions," Beckett barked. "She's a friend of mine, that doesn't bother me at all. Thanks for flying one of my friends to the game so she could watch it for free."

Then theres this

The Red Sox will counter with Curt Schilling in Game 6 and Daisuke Matsuzaka if there is a Game 7. The Tribe knocked both of them out after 42/3 innings earlier in the series.

No mention that Boston forced Carmona out after just 4 innings?

Also everyones attacking Matsuzaka, but he didnt pitch badly in game 3. Aside from the 2 run homer to lofton on the first pitch, Matsuzaka pitched rather well allowing the other 2 runs on bloop hits.

TheValleyRaider
October 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Interesting, lets see who laughs last.

Then there was this bit....

Josh Beckett actually summed it up nicely when he said...

Then theres this

No mention that Boston forced Carmona out after just 4 innings?

Also everyones attacking Matsuzaka, but he didnt pitch badly in game 3. Aside from the 2 run homer to lofton on the first pitch, Matsuzaka pitched rather well allowing the other 2 runs on bloop hits.

Is there an echo in here? xwhistlex :p

tribe_pride
October 19th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Where did you get this from? Is the guy a columnist? If it is a columnist, then of course this is fine. Columnists write and use their biases to help out their points.

Are there Boston columnists out there writing about how Boston is destined to win because they are at home for the last 2 games or because Schilling is pitching the next game and not mentioning the fact that Cleveland took 1 of 2 earlier in Boston or that Schilling was knocked out early last time. I am sure there are.

Quit whining about this little story. The story about Ramierez' comments was overblown just like you are trying to blow this information out of proportion. Calm down and let the players play.

griz37
October 19th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Where did you get this from? Is the guy a columnist? If it is a columnist, then of course this is fine. Columnists write and use their biases to help out their points.

Are there Boston columnists out there writing about how Boston is destined to win because they are at home for the last 2 games or because Schilling is pitching the next game and not mentioning the fact that Cleveland took 1 of 2 earlier in Boston or that Schilling was knocked out early last time. I am sure there are.

Quit whining about this little story. The story about Ramierez' comments was overblown just like you are trying to blow this information out of proportion. Calm down and let the players play.

What would Red Sox fans do if they couldn't whine.

Col Hogan
October 19th, 2007, 06:29 PM
What would Red Sox fans do if they couldn't whine.

We'd whine about how impossible it is to win a football game in Wa-Griz what with the loud fans being right on top of the team...

Wait...We can win there!!!!!:p :p

Whining unnecessary...carry on....xcoolx

Cleets
October 19th, 2007, 07:36 PM

Um... xeyebrowx

this is a fan board... calming down and letting players play is not really what fan boards are all about

appfan2008
October 19th, 2007, 08:10 PM
personally i believe the sox have a great shot at another comeback... they are the kind of team that can do it

YaleFootballFan
October 21st, 2007, 11:38 PM
Looks like Scott Petrak's email box will be full Monday morning with emails from Red Sox Nation.

Nice prediction there, Nostradumbass. xlolx

http://www.chroniclet.com/2007/10/19/scott-petrak-relax-this-tribe-team-wont-fail/