PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-24

JALMOND
September 21st, 2022, 08:27 PM
Aside from Cal Poly and Sacramento State, conference play starts for everyone else this weekend and there are some powerful matchups right off the bat in conference. When the dust settles Saturday night, there are going to be some happy teams at 1-0 and some upset teams at 0-1. That is just how it is in the Big Sky, especially this year. After last week, I am at 27-6 for the year. Here's my shot at perfection this weekend.

MSU at EWU---The Bobcats are coming off their Pac-12 beatdown last week while the Eagles have had two weeks to recover from their Pac-12 beatdown. The Bobcats have looked tough early on against the FCS, but this game will be a tough test. The Eagles had two weeks to prepare and they are at home...EWU 25, MSU 23.

UI at NAU---The only Big Sky team to stay within a touchdown of the Pac-12, the Vandals start conference play on the road against the Lumberjacks, who took an FCS win on the road but lost at home. Both teams are capable of surprising people this season so one team isn't going to be happy come Sunday...UI 27, NAU 17.

ISU at UNC---The Bengals followed up their two Mountain West games with a home loss in their return to the FCS. They head into the Bears' den to face a team that is playing much better after their ugly loss the first game of the season. Not much expected from either team so 1-0 will be a great start...UNC 21, ISU 14.

WSU at UCD---Another great opening battle between two of the conference heavyweights who have looked good so far. The Wildcats have laid claim to the top of Utah college football, while the Aggies took one of FCS's top teams to the wire on the road a couple weeks back. The loser will have a tough road back...UCD 21, WSU 19.

PSU at UM---What do we know here? The Vikings have played two games against the FBS and lost. The Grizzlies have played three games against the FCS and won. The Vikings have had two weeks to recover from a Pac-12 slaughter while the Grizzlies looked just as impressive on the road as at home. Who wins?...UM 28, PSU 14.

SAC at Colorado State (FBS Mtn West)---The Hornets will not start conference play until next week, but they look to follow up their strong win last week with a step up to the FBS level. The Big Sky has fared much better over the Mountain West than the Pac-12, and the Hornets should be able to keep this close. But win?...SAC 28, Colorado State 14.

bonarae
September 22nd, 2022, 12:30 AM
EWU - toss-up
Vandals
UNC
UC Davis
Griz
Sac

wapiti
September 22nd, 2022, 09:24 AM
Conference play gets in action this week. The games start to mean more.
3 games could be close, 1 a blowout, 1 with 2 weaklings, and a potential FBS scalp.

ISU 14 @ UNCU 24 --- Pillow fight of the week. ISU has yet to show much and UNCU has shown some good play and is at home

MSU 32 @ EWU 20 --- MSU is looking to bounce back from being taken to the woodshed. EWU had a bye week to prepare. EWU has not shown much on defense and that will cost them. As long as MSU wins the turnover battle they should win.

UI 27 @ NAU 24 --- Two teams fighting to be in the contenders list. UI gave 2 FBS teams a good game and clobbered a non-sholly FCS. And NAU was beat in Flagstaff last weekend.

PSU 13 @ UM 45 --- UM should have an opportunity to play 2nd and 3rd strings in the 2nd half, but will Bobby do that?

Sac 27 @ Colorado State 24 --- Sac steping up to a Mountain West FBS team. Colorado State has 3 Ls already and is not looking good. This game is prime for a FBS scalp.

Weber 23 @ UC Davis 20 --- Big Sky game of the week. BBQ defense has been stellar through 3 games and UC Davis is ready to win a statement game. This is a hard one to pick with UCD at home. Will this game go into overtime?

CP has a bye

fencer24
September 22nd, 2022, 02:19 PM
Aside from Cal Poly and Sacramento State, conference play starts for everyone else this weekend and there are some powerful matchups right off the bat in conference. When the dust settles Saturday night, there are going to be some happy teams at 1-0 and some upset teams at 0-1. That is just how it is in the Big Sky, especially this year. After last week, I am at 27-6 for the year. Here's my shot at perfection this weekend.

MSU at EWU---The Bobcats are coming off their Pac-12 beatdown last week while the Eagles have had two weeks to recover from their Pac-12 beatdown. The Bobcats have looked tough early on against the FCS, but this game will be a tough test. The Eagles had two weeks to prepare and they are at home...EWU 25, MSU 23.

UI at NAU---The only Big Sky team to stay within a touchdown of the Pac-12, the Vandals start conference play on the road against the Lumberjacks, who took an FCS win on the road but lost at home. Both teams are capable of surprising people this season so one team isn't going to be happy come Sunday...UI 27, NAU 17.

ISU at UNC---The Bengals followed up their two Mountain West games with a home loss in their return to the FCS. They head into the Bears' den to face a team that is playing much better after their ugly loss the first game of the season. Not much expected from either team so 1-0 will be a great start...UNC 21, ISU 14.

WSU at UCD---Another great opening battle between two of the conference heavyweights who have looked good so far. The Wildcats have laid claim to the top of Utah college football, while the Aggies took one of FCS's top teams to the wire on the road a couple weeks back. The loser will have a tough road back...UCD 21, WSU 19.

PSU at UM---What do we know here? The Vikings have played two games against the FBS and lost. The Grizzlies have played three games against the FCS and won. The Vikings have had two weeks to recover from a Pac-12 slaughter while the Grizzlies looked just as impressive on the road as at home. Who wins?...UM 28, PSU 14.

SAC at Colorado State (FBS Mtn West)---The Hornets will not start conference play until next week, but they look to follow up their strong win last week with a step up to the FBS level. The Big Sky has fared much better over the Mountain West than the Pac-12, and the Hornets should be able to keep this close. But win?...SAC 28, Colorado State 14.

I know that you are much better at this than I am, but I have a couple of different ones, starting with MSU at EWU. I think the Cats could win this one even on the red field. I also think that UI may suffer at altitude and the scores will be reversed. Lastly, PSU scares the hell out of me. I want to know who scheduled Homecoming for the Vikings again. I think this one could be close enough a FG with less than a minute left could decide it.

mvemjsunpx
September 22nd, 2022, 05:43 PM
Montana St. 38-31 EWU — Even with no running backs, the 'Cats should be able to move the ball on a team allowing 575.5 ypg

Weber 24-13 Davis — The Wildcats get revenge for last year's phantom PI call

Idaho 24-28 NAU — I guess I'll go with the Walkup Skydome one more time

Portland St. 14-31 Montana — PSU seems like a bit of a mystery at this point

Idaho St. 17-27 NoCo — When in doubt, go with Nottingham Field ;)

Sac State 31-24 Colorado St. — Already terrible CSU saw their second-leading receiver quit the team this week

nevadagriz
September 23rd, 2022, 01:41 PM
Conference play gets in action this week. The games start to mean more.
3 games could be close, 1 a blowout, 1 with 2 weaklings, and a potential FBS scalp.

ISU 14 @ UNCU 24 --- Pillow fight of the week. ISU has yet to show much and UNCU has shown some good play and is at home

MSU 32 @ EWU 20 --- MSU is looking to bounce back from being taken to the woodshed. EWU had a bye week to prepare. EWU has not shown much on defense and that will cost them. As long as MSU wins the turnover battle they should win.

UI 27 @ NAU 24 --- Two teams fighting to be in the contenders list. UI gave 2 FBS teams a good game and clobbered a non-sholly FCS. And NAU was beat in Flagstaff last weekend.

PSU 13 @ UM 45 --- UM should have an opportunity to play 2nd and 3rd strings in the 2nd half, but will Bobby do that?

Sac 27 @ Colorado State 24 --- Sac steping up to a Mountain West FBS team. Colorado State has 3 Ls already and is not looking good. This game is prime for a FBS scalp.

Weber 23 @ UC Davis 20 --- Big Sky game of the week. BBQ defense has been stellar through 3 games and UC Davis is ready to win a statement game. This is a hard one to pick with UCD at home. Will this game go into overtime?

CP has a bye
Coach Hauck played 2nd and 3rd stringers week 1 and everybody who traveled played last weekend. So yeah he probably will!

MSUBobcat
September 23rd, 2022, 02:13 PM
ISU-o 24 @ UNC 27 - The Bears defend the den and pick up their 2nd (and perhaps last) win of 2022
MSU 42 @ EWU 31 - EWU's defense is closer to McNeese's than OSU's; if Tenn State can get 29 on the putrid field, I don't see how the Cats don't beat that.
Idaho 27 @ NAU 21 - Idaho is looking better than it has in a while, while NAU continues to win games it shouldn't, then fail to maintain momentum (unless SHSU is worse than I thought)
PSU 17 @ UM 42 - Griz are at home, and keep on rocking
Sac St. 34 @ CSU 30 - CSU is turr-ble; Sac is actually a 2.5 point favorite last time I checked. I think they cover.
Weber St. 24 @ Davis 17 - The Grills have a solid D that I think can slow down the Aggies, even at home.

Rjones61
September 24th, 2022, 06:24 PM
Eastern Washington was absolutely robbed by the refs bull**** call.

My week is ruined. Everyone can **** off.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
September 24th, 2022, 06:40 PM
A moment of silence for the 2022 NAU football season. It’s life ended at such a young age. Idaho looks legit though. They can run and pass well, and they have a solid pass rush on defense.

nevadagriz
September 24th, 2022, 07:02 PM
Nau every year is going to be special and then they fail.
EWU and MSU will get manhandled by Weber State and Sac st.
Sac st just keeps rolling!
I pray that Tommy Mellot is OK great player great kid.
Big game tonight between Weber and Davis I think weber wins by 14+

Great day of football!

JALMOND
September 25th, 2022, 05:01 AM

4-2 this week. I am now at 31-8.