PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 2, Fall 2022

Preferred Walk-On
September 10th, 2022, 11:12 PM
With just one game remaining for AGS Top 25 teams (#12 Eastern Washington @ Oregon), I am posting this week's How They Fared.

Teams ranked #1-9 all won their games (or did not play). At #10, East Tennessee State was upset by The Citadel. A few teams ranked #11-21 lost their games; however, in all cases, teams (#14 Southeastern Louisiana, #20 Stephen F. Austin, and #21 Samford) lost to either FBS opponents, or they (#13 Tennessee-Martin) lost to a team ranked in the AGS Top 10. The last three teams in the Top 25 (#23-25) lost their games, although one (#24 Kennesaw State) was to an FBS opponent and the other two (#23 Southern Illinois and #25 Northern Iowa) were to teams either in (or previously in) the "Other Receiving Votes" category.

Of note were some big wins for FCS teams over FBS teams, including #8 Incarnate Word, #15 Holy Cross, #17 Weber State, and #31 Eastern Kentucky (in 7 OT). Also, #6 Missouri State, #33 North Dakota, and Southeast Missouri State were the only FCS teams with wins over AGS Top 25 teams.

For more information on the AGS Top 40 teams, CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140_aM5XwAaQvhKis5GZscymirRPMB19mg75ZRiBcXuU/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared. As always, please let me know if there are any mistakes.

Tribal
September 10th, 2022, 11:49 PM
Nice work. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2022, 02:03 PM
Man, how does this only have 1 reply so far? Don't know if I've ever seen that before.

ElCid
September 11th, 2022, 02:17 PM
I'm still trying to digest what happened yesterday. Lots of predictable results, but wow, lots of weirdness as well.

Thanks again PWO. Nice list to try and digest.

taper
September 11th, 2022, 02:27 PM
Oh man the bottom is tough. For the last 10 spots I think I can justify in almost any order: EKU, Mercer, URI, Samford, Richmond, SELA, EWU, UND, UNI, Campbell, Citadel, Elon, UNH, Furman, and NAU.
I also have some massive moves in the top half, both up and down.

FUBeAR
September 11th, 2022, 02:48 PM
Oh man the bottom is tough. For the last 10 spots I think I can justify in almost any order: EKU, Mercer, URI, Samford, Richmond, SELA, EWU, UND, UNI, Campbell, Citadel, Elon, UNH, Furman, and NAU.
* Glad to see you have Furman on there since they outplayed the FBS #5 Team yesterday https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/football/stats/2022/clemson/boxscore/7849 - use menu bar to navigate to “Team”
* Glad to see you have Samford on there since they schmacked FCS #7 last week and this week clearly played FBS #1 much better than FBS #11 did the week before.
* Glad to see you have Mercer on there since FCS #4 Montana State just matched their exact score with their common opponent

Not sure why any of these 3 would be considered below anyone’s (objective) Top 15 though…but FUBeAR understands, those slots aren’t gonna ‘hold’ themselves.

Think some Pollsters will move Southern Illinois down below #15 this week … or nah?

Y’know, a different Salukis Team beat a different NDSU Team 3 seasons ago. That has to be taken into account in these polls, right?

ElCid
September 11th, 2022, 03:54 PM

Eh, if we do well against Mercer then maybe, but we got lots of issues still. I fear the ETSU game was a one off. Their coach made some questionable calls early. I was looking at EKU and Richmond real close. I got UNH, RI, Elon, Mercer, Samford and Furman as solid so far. EWU is slipping, but ok. Wasn't impressed with their first game nor this weeks, FBS or not. SELA, NAU, Campbell and UNI all on watch for now.

kdinva
September 11th, 2022, 06:26 PM
thanks for this spreadsheet

With just one game remaining for AGS Top 25 teams (#12 Eastern Washington @ Oregon), I am posting this week's How They Fared.

Teams ranked #1-9 all won their games (or did not play). At #10, East Tennessee State was upset by The Citadel. A few teams ranked #11-21 lost their games; however, in all cases, teams (#14 Southeastern Louisiana, #20 Stephen F. Austin, and #21 Samford) lost to either FBS opponents, or they (#13 Tennessee-Martin) lost to a team ranked in the AGS Top 10. The last three teams in the Top 25 (#23-25) lost their games, although one (#24 Kennesaw State) was to an FBS opponent and the other two (#23 Southern Illinois and #25 Northern Iowa) were to teams either in (or previously in) the "Other Receiving Votes" category.

Of note were some big wins for FCS teams over FBS teams, including #8 Incarnate Word, #15 Holy Cross, #17 Weber State, and #31 Eastern Kentucky (in 7 OT). Also, #6 Missouri State, #33 North Dakota, and Southeast Missouri State were the only FCS teams with wins over AGS Top 25 teams.

For more information on the AGS Top 40 teams, CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140_aM5XwAaQvhKis5GZscymirRPMB19mg75ZRiBcXuU/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared. As always, please let me know if there are any mistakes.

gofurman
September 11th, 2022, 08:24 PM
x

gofurman
September 11th, 2022, 08:40 PM

Taper Thanks for noting FURMAN. Good catch. We OUTGAINED the top 5 FBS team - Clemson - in yardage !! that's sick. Sick I say :D. Did we win ? Nope. Are they more athletic at Clemson? You bet!! Probably 7 or 8 NFL guys on that field minimum!! All 4 of their DL are going first few rounds of NFL draft. All 4 ! ! They would beat most FCS teams by 60 (line on us was 45.5). To out gain them and have their fans booing is really something. Yes, the Clemson fans started booing - like UGA etc they can usually name their score and put in all the subs in q2. (Just ask Oregon Ha).

x Clemson beat Georgia Tech 41-10 (at GTech). They beat Furman (at Clemson which is huge advantage to them) by less: 35-12.

*** We put up 150 more yards than Georgia Tech if that puts it in perspective.

Or this

Clemson yards as #5 in FBS !!- 376
Furman yards (unranked in FCS?) - 384.
We gained 150 more yards on Clemson's all NFL D than did Georgia Tech. GTec put up 237 yards. We gained 384

Furman passing vs Clemson 30-39-1.

I personally expected 150 yards at best from us as the reason they are top 5is they have a top 5 defense. Ask Georgia Tech. Anyway, thanks for catching that.

dewey
September 12th, 2022, 09:07 AM
Thank you for doing this again this week!

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2022, 09:46 AM
Just over an hour left so get your vote in.