For the 2008 NFL Draft...

NDSU - QB Steve Walker
NDSU - LB Joe Mays
NDSU - P Mike Dragosavich
NDSU - OT Nate Safe

Cal Poly?
SDSU?
SUU?

I honestly would like to say DE James Amos from UC Davis, but I think he's a bit undersized.

Stang Fever
October 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Cal Poly ZERO

spelunker64
October 15th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Agreed on NDSU's list

Drago probably is the best pro-prospect. Walker and Mays are precieved "small" for the NFL...

Peems
October 15th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Cal Poly ZERO

What year is Barden? Junior?

Stang Fever
October 15th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Junior

FargoBison
October 15th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Agreed on NDSU's list

Drago probably is the best pro-prospect. Walker and Mays are precieved "small" for the NFL...

Mays may be "short" but I don't know if I'd call the man small.

Go Poly
October 16th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Mays may be "short" but I don't know if I'd call the man small.

There's a couple of 5-10, 5-11 MLB's in the NFL. Probably a lower round and maybe convert him to safety if he has the speed.

spelunker64
October 16th, 2007, 07:50 AM
He's too big for a safety. Oh I think he has the talent, but the NFL types for some reason have to fit guys in certain height/weight classes...

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM
For the 2008 NFL Draft...

NDSU - QB Steve Walker
NDSU - LB Joe Mays
NDSU - P Mike Dragosavich
NDSU - OT Nate Safe

Cal Poly?
SDSU?
SUU?

I honestly would like to say DE James Amos from UC Davis, but I think he's a bit undersized.

SDSU - Parker Douglas, kicker - Someone who is breaking all of the college records of the current NFL's best in PATs/FG/kick-off will get on some nfl's team radar. Since kickers generally aren't drafted, may not get drafted, but will get invites.

THE HERD
October 16th, 2007, 11:34 AM
There's a couple of 5-10, 5-11 MLB's in the NFL. Probably a lower round and maybe convert him to safety if he has the speed.

I haven't seen any 5'11" 245 lb safeties in the NFL. He could easily play middle LBer in the NFL. He would be in the mold of a Sam Mills who played for Carolina or Zack Thomas for the Dolphins. He won't get drafted in the top rounds, but I think he will get drafted and make a squad next year.xthumbsupx

TigerFan17
October 16th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I haven't seen any 5'11" 245 lb safeties in the NFL. He could easily play middle LBer in the NFL. He would be in the mold of a Sam Mills who played for Carolina or Zack Thomas for the Dolphins. He won't get drafted in the top rounds, but I think he will get drafted and make a squad next year.xthumbsupx

There isn't really anything easy about playing MLB in the NFL. Especially with slot receivers like the Patriots Wes Welker for instance, who would burn him and he doesn't have the height to help compensate. He has the horizontal size to be a run stopper and doesn't have terrible speed...

I think he has a shot, but I don't think playing at the next level will come easy, per se.

Go Poly
October 16th, 2007, 08:04 PM

My bad...didn't know he was 245! He certainly could play MLB at that weight especially if he is quick (4.5 forty).

smallcollegefbfan
October 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I think Amos will get a look. Here are the ones I think will get a look.

P Mike Dragosavich North Dakota State
OT Nate Safe North Dakota State
ILB Joe Mays North Dakota State
K Parker Douglass South Dakota State
OT Mitch Erickson South Dakota State
TE Chris Wagner South Dakota State
WR Paul Aanonson South Dakota State
C Matt Roan Southern Utah
DE James Amos UC Davis
FB Grant Ayvazyan UC Davis

AggieFinn
October 17th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah, Ayvazyan, I keep forgetting we have a fullback with great size because we really don't have a thoroughbred power run game. He's got the body, but just isn't in the best system to showcase his talents. Hope he gets a look.