PDA

View Full Version : Navy fearful of the new Delaware Sling T offense

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2022, 07:53 AM
The Delaware Fightin Blue Hens were known for decades for inventing and perfecting the famous Wing T offense and there’s even a few old-timers that want to see offense come back.

Today, new head coach Ryan Carty introduces the new Delaware sling T offense in Annapolis at 12 PM

The new offense is lead by talented veteran but often injured QB Nolan Henderson, who has similarities to Eric Schmid. Carty is drooling about the possibilities and soon upon arrival in Newark he Immediately started picking up talented transfers to help.

WR Jayln Witcher From Presbyterian
WR Micheal Jackson VMI
WR Chandler Harvin Sam Houston
RB Tyron Cumby Illinois - I’m thinking Carty is looking to him to fill a Noah Smith type role, I hope Cumby is up to the task

a few more, WR Moran, a Practice squad player at Georgia and a D2 WR from Shepard

All this goes nicely with what Delaware already has and that would be all CAA WR Thyrick Pitts

Carty knew he needed to improve the OL, Even brought in a kid from Montana State, that should be starting today

The D is reportedly the strength of the team with Noah Plack and Kendrick Whitehead but I suspect The defense is gonna have some problems with the triple option today

Carty additions looks good on paper, Today we get to see what all this looks like on the field

Gohens
buckleup

Gangtackle11
September 3rd, 2022, 08:25 AM
Yawn

xpeacex

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2022, 08:38 AM
Yawn

xpeacex

12 pm CBS sports Network GT

check out the Hens

I’m hearing Colby Reeder is not only starting at Iowa State, but is the focal point of the D

He will be playing in the NFL soon enough, just like his big brother Super Bowl ring wearing Troy

FUBeAR
September 3rd, 2022, 08:41 AM
The Delaware Fightin Blue Hens…new head coach Ryan Carty introduces the new Delaware sling T offense in Annapolis at 12 PMThe new offense is…New?

This is from the Dec. 2008 issue of American Football Monthly…

“The Sling-T Wham Series
by: Anthony Panagakos
Offensive Coordinator, Port Richmond High School (NY)
© More from this issue (https://www.americanfootballmonthly.com/issue_toc.php?issue=2008-12-01)

The core of the Sling-T offense was developed using elements of the Wing-T offense and the Run ‘n Shoot offense. What we did at Port Richmond High School in New York City is expand the traditional Wing-T offense and give it more firepower. We run spread formations that give us four wide receivers at the line of scrimmage and the ability to run the traditional Wing-T ground game. In the Sling-T offense, we still run the sweep and trap series, but we can also run any of our four receiver pass patterns. The Sling-T gives an offensive coordinator more options than the traditional Wing-T and it gives the defense more problems to deal with. The defense is hard pressed to stack the line to stop the run, because of the passing threat of the spread formations (See Diagram 1). This is our base formation. As you can see, we have four receivers at th....The full article can only be seen by subscribers.“

There’s nothing “new” in Football - all just recycled, reimagined, repackaged, and rebranded. Mercer’s Defensive Coordinator said last year, on the Head Coach’s show, that he calls what Mercer’s O runs the “Sling T.”

Regardless, FUBeAR will be pulling hard for the Cerulean Poultry today. Didn’t see it on the ESPN3/+ lineup. Anywhere, other than another subscription service where FUBeAR can watch?

crusader11
September 3rd, 2022, 08:42 AM
Of all the games today, this is probably the one I am most intrigued by.

CHIP72
September 3rd, 2022, 08:43 AM
Does Delaware have anyone named “David” on their team? If so, Navy should be fearful of the Slinged T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 3rd, 2022, 08:52 AM
OMG, just googled your place to Navy stadium and saw it was only 1.25 hrs, Blue Hens should pack the place especially seeing this, The stadium's opener was a 29–2 win over William & Mary on September 26, 1959, and its current seating capacity is 34,000. The attendance record is 38,792, set in 2017 during Navy's 48–45 defeat of Air Force on October 7. Prior to 1959, Navy played its home games at Thompson Stadium, which seated only 12,000.
Visited the stadium years ago and so impressive, must be a great atmopshere for sure!!!
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium – Military Bowl | Stadium ... (https://stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/navy-marine-corps-memorial-stadium-s1842)

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2022, 08:56 AM
New?

This is from the Dec. 2008 issue of American Football Monthly…

“The Sling-T Wham Series
by: Anthony Panagakos
Offensive Coordinator, Port Richmond High School (NY)
© More from this issue (https://www.americanfootballmonthly.com/issue_toc.php?issue=2008-12-01)

The core of the Sling-T offense was developed using elements of the Wing-T offense and the Run ‘n Shoot offense. What we did at Port Richmond High School in New York City is expand the traditional Wing-T offense and give it more firepower. We run spread formations that give us four wide receivers at the line of scrimmage and the ability to run the traditional Wing-T ground game. In the Sling-T offense, we still run the sweep and trap series, but we can also run any of our four receiver pass patterns. The Sling-T gives an offensive coordinator more options than the traditional Wing-T and it gives the defense more problems to deal with. The defense is hard pressed to stack the line to stop the run, because of the passing threat of the spread formations (See Diagram 1). This is our base formation. As you can see, we have four receivers at th....The full article can only be seen by subscribers.“

There’s nothing “new” in Football - all just recycled, reimagined, repackaged, and rebranded. Mercer’s Defensive Coordinator said last year, on the Head Coach’s show, that he calls what Mercer’s O runs the “Sling T.”Regardless, FUBeAR will be pulling hard for the Cerulean Poultry today. Didn’t see it on the ESPN3/+ lineup. Anywhere, other than another subscription service where FUBeAR can watch?

Wham series? Lol

Put the George Michael albums back in the closet (Georgie was never in it) and enjoy the game

The new Delaware offense has nothing to do with the original wing T running attack

This is gonna be an aerial assault on the Navy today

FUBeAR
September 3rd, 2022, 08:59 AM
Wham series? Lol

Put the George Michael albums back in the closet (Georgie was never in it) and enjoy the game

The new Delaware offense has nothing to do with the original wing T running attack

This is gonna be an aerial assault on the Navy today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTOUoPVzuw

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2022, 09:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTOUoPVzuw

Scared me as I thought that video was going to be a Careless Whisper

The slogan Sling T is just a take off the Wing T so I hope nobody thought the Sling T was something super original, it’s just kind of cute.

UNHWildcat18
September 3rd, 2022, 09:18 AM
CAA needs to rise back up after the last x amount of years of slipping, while obviously I hope UNH rises to the top with our new coach. I actually root for our other teams to rise as well. Hope UD has a strong showing against Navy, I’ll be watching for sure. Good on W&M getting the first FBS scalp this season too

FUBeAR
September 3rd, 2022, 09:25 AM
CBS Sports, unlike FUBeAR, is NOT a big fan of CAA Football…

How to watch Navy vs. Delaware: TV channel, NCAA Football live stream info, start time

How to watch Navy vs. Delaware football game

By Scout Staff
1 hr ago•1 min read

Who's Playing

Delaware @ Navy
Last Season Records: Navy 4-8; Delaware 5-6
What to Know

The Navy Midshipmen will play against a Division II opponent, the Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens, in an early-season tune-up Saturday at noon ET at Jack Stephens Field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. The Midshipmen struggled last season, ending up 4-8.
How To Watch

When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
Where: Jack Stephens Field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium -- Annapolis, Maryland
TV: CBS Sports Network
Live Stream: CBSSports.com (https://cbs-sports.app.link/z7rbhoSIq9) or fuboTV (https://www.fubo.tv/lp/collegefootball/?irmp=416484&irad=399332) (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App (https://cbs-sports.app.link/WEA1CZQRH0)
Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku (https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=cbssports) and Fire TV (https://www.amazon.com/CBS-Interactive-Sports/dp/B00EOUGFNS)
Ticket Cost: $35.00

Gangtackle11
September 3rd, 2022, 11:26 AM
12 pm CBS sports Network GT

check out the Hens

I’m hearing Colby Reeder is not only starting at Iowa State, but is the focal point of the D

He will be playing in the NFL soon enough, just like his big brother Super Bowl ring wearing Troy

How’s the family dog doing?

xpeacex

KPSUL
September 3rd, 2022, 12:22 PM
CAA needs to rise back up after the last x amount of years of slipping, while obviously I hope UNH rises to the top with our new coach. I actually root for our other teams to rise as well. Hope UD has a strong showing against Navy, I’ll be watching for sure. Good on W&M getting the first FBS scalp this season too

Yes, congrats to W&M; although Charlotte looked to be nearly bald before getting scalped

caribbeanhen
September 3rd, 2022, 03:07 PM
Navy simply got overpowered today by the Delaware D

The offense appeared to be in a sling ... haha, but the play of the day was Henderson rolling out under pressure and hitting Chandler Harvin for a long touchdown pass on a beautiful adjustment Harvin made to break open

OhioHen
September 4th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Yawn

xpeacex
The Midshipmen appeared to be almost as interested as you were.

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2022, 01:57 PM
The Midshipmen appeared to be almost as interested as you were.

xbowx

crusader11
September 4th, 2022, 02:01 PM
Has Ken Niumatalolo built up enough good will at Navy that a few bad seasons aren't goin to put him on the hot seat? They could be looking at another sub five win season, which would be their fourth in the past five years.

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2022, 02:05 PM
Has Ken Niumatalolo built up enough good will at Navy that a few bad seasons aren't goin to put him on the hot seat? They could be looking at another sub five win season, which would be their fourth in the past five years.

I heard that beating Army last year reserved another year in Annapolis for him

Navy, and the head coach, looked very stale

KPSUL
September 4th, 2022, 03:19 PM
I heard that beating Army last year reserved another year in Annapolis for him

Navy, and the head coach, looked very stale

In terms of coach longevity, Army and Navy play 11 scrimmages each Fall in preparation for the Army/Navy game.