PDA

View Full Version : CAA THOUGHTS?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MUHAWKS
May 30th, 2022, 05:06 PM
Apologies if I missed a similar post but as a new member of the CAA, was wondering what everyone thinks/knows about their teams coming into 2022?

I guess the obvious is that Delaware and Nova will be good and I saw Richmond in the top 25 in one of the polls, but would love to hear some more intimate thoughts from guys here and their squads.

Which teams think they will be much improved or maybe overrated? Without JMU is there a "dominant" team heading into 2022? Who thinks they have been helped/hurt by the portal, stuff like that.

I will not go into too much detail about us (Monmouth - if that was not obvious) b/c I doubt anyone has the appetitive yet for that! With that said here are some basic thoughts:

*We return our QB Tony Muskett, who after a stellar (shortened 2021 Spring campaign) was up and down in Fall 2021 but still played pretty well and there is still a lot of hype/potential/excitement around him for his 3rd year.

His main issue was inconsistency when pressured and a collapsed pocket, but we think he will be ok.

* We lose 4/5 starters on the OL but return a pre season 1st team guy at RT who missed the entire 2021 season. So "on paper" OL should not be a strength, but we are coached very well there and in past years have found a way to be a formidable unit regardless of experience. I will say that IMO this group underperformed in 2021 despite vast experience.

* RB will 100% no doubt be our strength, we return Juwon Farri who was banged up off and on and literally 3-4 more guys who can all play at a high level. This includes a Freshman kid who looks like Barry Sanders in his HS film and is a state champ in the 100 meters. Jayden Shirden and Owen Wright return as well from last year ( Shirden is VERY fast and shifty and Wright more of a bruiser but also with athleticism).

* WR we lose Lonnie Moore (Jets mini camp) and Terrance Greene (transfer to JMU). We also lost another kid to transfer who originally came to us from JMU and is now at Georgia Southern. Not great stuff but we have a very good kid comig fom Yale and a few dudes who flashed the last couple years.

On defense the losses are similar-

* DL we lose our best kid to the portal and graduate another couple guys. We lose our best cover corner and real stud safety Anthony Budd. But we do return a couple real nice players at LB, DL and DB including some top guys (CB, Safety) as well as getting back our MLB and would have been maybe best player for 2021 had he not missed the season with injury.

I think we essentially return about 10 starters out of 22 guys which is enough to not have excuses, but we will def need some guys to step up and for some others to go from good to great.

who knows how the move from the big south to CAA will go- I guess on paper we would be looked at as a serious underdog as it is a step up and we lose a lot of guys, but from a mental standpoint, this staff and team has done its best work when it is the hunter not the hunted (2021 a great example).. Our schedule is below and I know the entire program is excited. OOC games included I assume most would have us pegged anywhere from 4-7 at the low point to 7-4 at the highpoint. I will never take anything for granted again but games we should win are- Fordham, Lehigh, Georgetown (our OOC slate) but nothing is a given at all. So can we win 4 CAA games in our first year with a semi rebuilding effort in place? You guys tell me. No clue what to expect or who is good or improved or any of that! I know we expect to win games and feel like we belong and our OOC slate at least gives us the chance where if we can somehow win 4-5 CAA GAMES, can be in contention for the playoffs. Need to beat either Nova or Delaware and win 4 of these games (Maine, SB, Towson, URI, UNH, Albany).. I am 100% biased but I feel that is possible. Anything can happen.. Thoughts on your squads or in general appreciated!

Date Time At Opponent Location Tournament Result

Sep 1 (Thu) 7:00 PM Away New Hampshire Durham, NH

Sep 10 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Fordham West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Sep 17 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Georgetown West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Sep 24 (Sat) 3:30 PM Away Villanova Villanova, PA

Oct 1 (Sat) TBA Away Lehigh Bethlehem, PA

Oct 8 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home UAlbany West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Oct 15 (Sat) 1:00 PM Away Maine Orono, ME

Oct 22 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Rhode Island West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Oct 29 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Towson West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Nov 5 (Sat) 1:00 PM Away Delaware Newark, DE

Nov 19 (Sat) 12:00 PM Home Stony Brook West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Date Time At Opponent Location Tournament Result

Sep 1 (Thu) 7:00 PM Away New Hampshire Durham, NH

Sep 10 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Fordham West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Sep 17 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Georgetown West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Sep 24 (Sat) 3:30 PM Away Villanova Villanova, PA

Oct 1 (Sat) TBA Away Lehigh Bethlehem, PA

Oct 8 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home UAlbany West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Oct 15 (Sat) 1:00 PM Away Maine Orono, ME

Oct 22 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Rhode Island West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Oct 29 (Sat) 1:00 PM Home Towson West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Nov 5 (Sat) 1:00 PM Away Delaware Newark, DE

Nov 19 (Sat) 12:00 PM Home Stony Brook West Long Branch, NJ (Kessler Stadium)

Tribe4SF
May 30th, 2022, 08:28 PM
W&M has a lot returning and should be highly competitive with 17 starters back.

QB - August battle for the starting spot between Hollis Mathis (2019 starter who was injured last year) and 2021 CAA Off. ROY Darius Wilson. May be pushed by incoming Freshman Tyler Hughes.

RB - Loaded position group with top four back and Rfr. Martin Lucas (6'2" 245) ready to break out. Tribe led CAA in rushing last year.

WR - Lost top 2 but picked up two good transfers. Speedster Freshman Carson Jenkins expected to contribute.

TE - Solid group led by Lachlan Pitts.

OL - Lost 3 starters but replacements are experienced. Problem here is likely depth.

DL - Strong group with All-American DE Nate Lynn and team Captains Carl Fowler and Zyquan Bessant the starting 3. Decent depth and Rfr. Davin Dzidzienyo who was injured last year expected to standout.

LB - Lots of experience and depth here. All 4 starters return.

CB - Group led by All-CAA Ryan Poole and returning starter Ethan Yip. Good depth here.

S - Lost Gage Herdman but 3 with starting experience return along with David Roulley who played in all 11 games as a freshman.

Sp. Teams - Punter and PK both return.

MUHAWKS
May 30th, 2022, 09:41 PM
Thanks Tribe! As I recall you guys were not very far off last year so 17 starters back means you are a team to watch out for.. Bodes well for "good overall conference"..

KPSUL
May 30th, 2022, 10:03 PM
I believe we reached a near consensus in an earlier thread that there will not be a dominant team in the CAA this season. I think the conference and auto-bid winner will be no better than 6-2 in conference play and that the auto-bid will be decided by the tie-breaker process. For Monmouth, I think 4-4 would be a very respectable finish for a first year in the conference. Although, I'd anticipate no more than 3 conference wins. Nova and Delaware, the predicted conference 1&2 are both on the road, as are Maine and UNH - arguably the two places CAA teams have enjoyed playing the least.
All I care to say about my Alma Mater, New Hampshire, is that Ricky Santos, former Payton award winner and inveterate over-achiever, is now our Head Coach. If we don't win more games then we lose this year it won't be due to a lack of trying or wanting it enough.

MR. CHICKEN
May 31st, 2022, 07:18 AM
....RHODE ISLAND........YER ON DUH CLOCK........ER....UMM..............BRAAAAWK?

caribbeanhen
May 31st, 2022, 07:24 AM
The CAA is an open book and I haven’t read enough of it yet to make any predictions so here it goes

There is a fresh breeze blowing through Newark as Danny Rocco was fired and replaced by Sam Houston State offensive coordinator Ryan Carty, who played for Keeler at Delaware. He knew that Delaware needed a talent upgrade if they were serious about competing with the best teams in FCS. It sure feels a heck of a lot better bringing in talent than trying to win “holistically“. Roccos stubborn methods and passive play aggravated and bored the crap out of most Delaware fans.

Delaware’s fortunes ride on talented quarterback Nolan Henderson staying healthy. When he is healthy they win games. Carty has brought in three WRs to give Henderson the talent to have a special offense. Carty will be calling the plays as the head coach. The OL is the big question mark. It must be said that Carty has never been a head coach before and with the extra duties of calling the plays......we’ll just see how that works out. So it certainly feels like Delaware is in win now mode, Rocco didn’t seem to understand that just like Delaware didn’t understand Rocco when he was hired.

The Defense should be solid. They lost Colby Reeder who transfers to Iowa State but have pretty much everybody coming back.

Nova
Without Dan Smith at QB, it’s hard to see Villanova getting any better. That only means they are still pretty good. I really like WR Hayak.

obviously Richmond is going for it too, where are the Richmond fans?

MR. CHICKEN
May 31st, 2022, 07:40 AM
DELAWARE

WR U.
QB.........HAS PENCHANT....FO' SPLINTS & BANDAGES......BACK-UPS......LIKE PHILLY BULL PEN
OL.........OH WELL
FG.........X-FER TA CINCNNATI
NEW COACH/NEW SYSTEM/NEW WAY TA LOSE TA 'NOVA
WORST HOME SKED...SINCE TOMMY TUTONE/QUARTERFLASH/DAN FOGELBERG.....PLAYED DUH STONE BALLOON

MR. CHICKEN
May 31st, 2022, 07:58 AM
....ELON.........YER ON DUH CLOCK........xpopcornx..........AWK!

....ps.............3,000,000 YET?

MRuler
May 31st, 2022, 09:37 AM
I will give this a try for the UA fanbase. UA Fans please feel free to add on.

I do not know all of the names I just remember seeing where they came from. UA has added several new transfers from FBS,FCS and quality DII programs as well as many JUCO transfers to replace several players that have moved on. Losing Jared Verse to Florida State in my opinion is the only one that we lost that will have a real impact. Players have come from Pitt, ARMY, Akron, Central Michigan, UNC Chapel Hill, Colorado State/BC, Maryland and Clarion and a few others. How good they are remains to be seen but when you went 2-9 it is probably an upgrade. We are in a MUST WIN NOW scenario as pressure is mounting on this coaching staff.

UA is a mystery as they lost 5 games by 7 points or less and blew a 21-7 lead against Wm & Mary last season. Their special teams and OL last season were dreadful and the QB situation was a mess. Play calling was questionable and they didn't use a very good TE. So as bad as they seemed at times they were in every game except Syracuse. They were in fairly decent shape against North Dakota in the first half ( I believe they were down 13-7 and driving before the QB's imploded and threw the first of two Pick Six's).

Outlook for 2022: There is huge pressure to win and I believe they will get it turned around as they have an easier schedule this season after the ass beating they will get from Baylor on opening day. 3 or 4 new coaches in 2022, highlighted by Coach Ambrose from Delaware/Towson as the new OC.

Offense: QB scenario : It seems like they have an improved QB room with an FBS transfer from Colorado State and two brand new players as well as Carino from last year. They are loaded with several new WR's. RB may have the most potential. They have a transfer from Pitt who was a starter and major contributor in Pitt's offense last season.

OL & Defense tomorrow as I have to look into it a bit more.

Sitting Bull
May 31st, 2022, 10:46 AM
I like W&Ms CAA schedule as well as the returnees.

Home: Elon, Delaware, Villanova, URI
Away: Towson, SBU, Hampton, Richmond

It looks favorable to me at this early stage.

On the returnees, I sure hope Wilson is allowed to continue. I’ve never been sold on Mathis.

Yoder is a key returnee. Hope he has a huge year. He is a beast.

caribbeanhen
May 31st, 2022, 10:51 AM

I do not know all of the names I just remember seeing where they came from. UA has added several new transfers from FBS,FCS and quality DII programs as well as many JUCO transfers to replace several players that have moved on. Losing Jared Verse to Florida State in my opinion is the only one that we lost that will have a real impact. Players have come from Pitt, ARMY, Akron, Central Michigan, UNC Chapel Hill, Colorado State/BC, Maryland and Clarion and a few others. How good they are remains to be seen but when you went 2-9 it is probably an upgrade. We are in a MUST WIN NOW scenario as pressure is mounting on this coaching staff.

UA is a mystery as they lost 5 games by 7 points or less and blew a 21-7 lead against Wm & Mary last season. Their special teams and OL last season were dreadful and the QB situation was a mess. Play calling was questionable and they didn't use a very good TE. So as bad as they seemed at times they were in every game except Syracuse. They were in fairly decent shape against North Dakota in the first half ( I believe they were down 13-7 and driving before the QB's imploded and threw the first of two Pick Six's).

Outlook for 2022: There is huge pressure to win and I believe they will get it turned around as they have an easier schedule this season after the ass beating they will get from Baylor on opening day. 3 or 4 new coaches in 2022, highlighted by Coach Ambrose from Delaware/Towson as the new OC.

Offense: QB scenario : It seems like they have an improved QB room with an FBS transfer from Colorado State and two brand new players as well as Carino from last year. They are loaded with several new WR's. RB may have the most potential. They have a transfer from Pitt who was a starter and major contributor in Pitt's offense last season.

Whats the name of the Pitt RB transfer?

Henny
May 31st, 2022, 01:17 PM
The CAA is an open book and I haven’t read enough of it yet to make any predictions so here it goes

There is a fresh breeze blowing through Newark as Danny Rocco was fired and replaced by Sam Houston State offensive coordinator Ryan Carty, who played for Keeler at Delaware. He knew that Delaware needed a talent upgrade if they were serious about competing with the best teams in FCS. It sure feels a heck of a lot better bringing in talent than trying to win “holistically“. Roccos stubborn methods and passive play aggravated and bored the crap out of most Delaware fans.

Delaware’s fortunes ride on talented quarterback Nolan Henderson staying healthy. When he is healthy they win games. Carty has brought in three WRs to give Henderson the talent to have a special offense. Carty will be calling the plays as the head coach. The OL is the big question mark. It must be said that Carty has never been a head coach before and with the extra duties of calling the plays......we’ll just see how that works out. So it certainly feels like Delaware is in win now mode, Rocco didn’t seem to understand that just like Delaware didn’t understand Rocco when he was hired.

The Defense should be solid. They lost Colby Reeder who transfers to Iowa State but have pretty much everybody coming back.

Nova
Without Dan Smith at QB, it’s hard to see Villanova getting any better. That only means they are still pretty good. I really like WR Hayak.

I know many teams could say the same but keeping Nolan Henderson healthy is crucial to contending for a league title. The transfers at WR and OL will be a big help and there may be more on the way. Carty is unproven as a HC but a welcomed change from Rocco for sure!

MRuler
May 31st, 2022, 01:31 PM
Whats the name of the Pitt RB transfer?
The Pitt transfer is named Todd Sibley according to Albany's roster

MR. CHICKEN
June 1st, 2022, 08:27 AM
.......HAMPTON.....ANYONE ??.........xdontknowx..........BRAWK!

WestCoastAggie
June 1st, 2022, 08:35 AM
So… Do you all update your Fall rosters now or do you wait until August to add them to the website?

TribeNomad1
June 1st, 2022, 08:35 AM
DELAWARE

WR U.
QB.........HAS PENCHANT....FO' SPLINTS & BANDAGES......BACK-UPS......LIKE PHILLY BULL PEN
OL.........OH WELL
FG.........X-FER TA CINCNNATI
NEW COACH/NEW SYSTEM/NEW WAY TA LOSE TA 'NOVA
WORST HOME SKED...SINCE TOMMY TUTONE/QUARTERFLASH/DAN FOGELBERG.....PLAYED DUH STONE BALLOON

Guess you are going to have to Harden your Heart.

Tribe4SF
June 1st, 2022, 09:16 AM
So… Do you all update your Fall rosters now or do you wait until August to add them to the website?

W&M adds anyone who signs an NLI when it is signed. Walk-ons are added as they enroll in school. We added a transfer walk-on from Lafayette yesterday as he enrolled in summer school.

caribbeanhen
June 1st, 2022, 09:23 AM
.......HAMPTON.....ANYONE ??.........xdontknowx..........BRAWK!

and the boy who cried Sea wolf?

WestCoastAggie
June 1st, 2022, 09:29 AM
W&M adds anyone who signs an NLI when it is signed. Walk-ons are added as they enroll in school. We added a transfer walk-on from Lafayette yesterday as he enrolled in summer school.

Man. I don't know if A&T's SI Department will make that kind of adjustment. Normally, we won't know who in camp until after camp begins. That will be one huge adjustment needed which Aggie fans have been clamoring for, for years now.

WestCoastAggie
June 1st, 2022, 09:30 AM
and the boy who cried Sea wolf?

Those notes are probably stuck in the same realm where the news about Armstrong Stadium expansion + new locker rooms are located. Somewhere out in the void of Al Gore's Internet(s).

caribbeanhen
June 1st, 2022, 09:46 AM
Those notes are probably stuck in the same realm where the news about Armstrong Stadium expansion + new locker rooms are located. Somewhere out in the void of Al Gore's Internet(s).

I was poking fun at the one Stony Brook fan on here, but apparently they have one more than Hampton.

So Hampton is expanding their stadium? Lots of college football teams in the Hampton Roads area

Old Dominion
Norfolk State
Hampton
William & Mary

is it to saturated?

WestCoastAggie
June 1st, 2022, 09:53 AM
I was poking fun at the one Stony Brook fan on here, but apparently they have one more than Hampton.

So Hampton is expanding their stadium? Lots of college football teams in the Hampton Roads area

Old Dominion
Norfolk State
Hampton
William & Mary

is it to saturated?

I don't think so. And I thought you were taking a shot at Hampton and Stony Brook. :D

Bill
June 1st, 2022, 09:55 AM
Guess you are going to have to Harden your Heart.

Impressive Quarterflash reference. Most impressive.xlolx

caribbeanhen
June 1st, 2022, 11:01 AM
I don't think so. And I thought you were taking a shot at Hampton and Stony Brook. :D

No just Stony Brook

I don’t know enough about Hampton to be taking shots yet

WestCoastAggie
June 1st, 2022, 12:33 PM
No just Stony Brook

I don’t know enough about Hampton to be taking shots yet

Give it time. The Jack Sparrow jokes will flow soon enough.

TribeNomad1
June 1st, 2022, 12:42 PM

Like how Amber beat up the Pirate? I thought Amber was the color of your energy....I guess she has a lot.

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 1st, 2022, 03:14 PM
Maine finished the season at 6-5 but won 5 of their last 6 games. Lost 6 seniors but 3 were impact players, Andre Miller WR signed as a FA with the Giants, PJ Barr OL 2nd team all conference and Ray Miller 2nd team all conference LB.
Maine returns both QBs with the starting Joe Fagnano and backup Derek Robertson who did a great filling in when Fagnano was hurt.
RB's are both back Freddie Brock and Rutgers transfer Elijah Barnwell.
UConn transfer Xavier Scott is a weapon at TE and was used in the wildcat formation and jet sweep as well.
WR's have pretty good experience with Randy Moss's kid Montigo as well as Michael Monios and Jacob Hennie getting most of the attention.
Like Maine's home schedule with Nova on 10/1 and Homecoming with Monmouth on 10/15.
Somehow Hero had Rhody ahead of us in the top 25 even though Maine has 12 wins in a row over the Rams.
A playoff spot is certainly in the cards for first year coach Jordan Stevens who is a Mainer and former all conference LB and former DC for Yale.

caribbeanhen
June 1st, 2022, 04:23 PM

and who better than Hen of the Caribbean to deliver .....

caribbeanhen
June 1st, 2022, 04:28 PM
Maine finished the season at 6-5 but won 5 of their last 6 games. Lost 6 seniors but 3 were impact players, Andre Miller WR signed as a FA with the Giants, PJ Barr OL 2nd team all conference and Ray Miller 2nd team all conference LB.
Maine returns both QBs with the starting Joe Fagnano and backup Derek Robertson who did a great filling in when Fagnano was hurt.
UConn transfer Xavier Scott is a weapon at TE and was used in the wildcat formation and jet sweep as well.
WR's have pretty good experience with Randy Moss's kid Montigo as well as Michael Monios and Jacob Hennie getting most of the attention.
Like Maine's home schedule with Nova on 10/1 and Homecoming with Monmouth on 10/15.
Somehow Hero had Rhody ahead of us in the top 25 even though Maine has 12 wins in a row over the Rams.
A playoff spot is certainly in the cards for first year coach Jordan Stevens who is a Mainer and former all conference LB and former DC for Yale.

Andre Miller looked like man against boys at times, not surprised he’s getting shot with NFL

Rhode Island vastly overrated but everyone wants to see them finally make the playoffs

bonarae
June 2nd, 2022, 06:56 AM
Meanwhile... something to ponder on...

Is CAA Football too little, too late on expanding its reach? Is it a shell of its former selves in the 2000s and 2010s?

caribbeanhen
June 2nd, 2022, 08:41 AM
Meanwhile... something to ponder on...

Is CAA Football too little, too late on expanding its reach? Is it a shell of its former selves in the 2000s and 2010s?

I recently saw an old CAA game on YouTube and watched part of it

it was JMU at Richmond from 2008 or 2009

Landers and Ward were the Quarterbacks

It was in the old Richmond downtown Stadium and it looked packed, The intensity and the level of play was night and day above what we see in the CAA now.

DFW HOYA
June 2nd, 2022, 10:23 AM

Where was it going to expand? Absorb the Patriot League? Pick off schools from the Southern Conference?

Until recently, the CAA was always an amalgam of the old Yankee Conference, a handful of former mid-Atlantic independents, and the old guard for the former SoCon (UR, W&M). It's certainly not what it was, but there weren't any realistic expansion candidates that would have addressed this.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 2nd, 2022, 10:33 AM
The CAA is now what it always was - a sprawled-out conference of convenience that kind of by default has become the elite conference for Eastern FCS football. They don't have a true conference champion, more than half the members have basketball somewhere else, they aren't a moneymaking conference, but that's more of a function of the overall landscape of football in the East than it is anything that the CAA has done specifically right or wrong. They essentially lucked into the fact that CAA football is essentially a one-sport conference (like the old Gateway) that can expand almost indefinitely without worrying about basketball membership, while simultaneously masquerading as a true all-sports conference with football, and they have plodded along.

If the Ivy League chose to be true FCS members THEY would be the elite conference for Eastern FCS football by a very large margin. But they don't choose to be.

DFW HOYA
June 2nd, 2022, 10:39 AM
If the Ivy League chose to be true FCS members THEY would be the elite conference for Eastern FCS football by a very large margin. But they don't choose to be.

The Patriot League could have been the elite conference for Eastern FCS football as well. But they don't choose to be, either.

MRuler
June 2nd, 2022, 11:02 AM

Ok after reviewing the OL & Defense it appears that the coaching staff is taking the same approach. Transfer City! These are my opinions and maybe other UA fans can add or detract from this. Again, how good they are still remains to be seen. Again, after a 2-9 season I am sure this will be an upgrade. I would assume that the DL will be lead by AJ Beatty who is a UNC Chapel Hill transfer. At 6'5 and 290 he has the size. I still think losing Verse to Florida State will hurt. The LB's will be lead by AJ Mistler & Jackson Ambush who were starters last year they are probably the best LBs on the roster as of today. The DB's will be lead by NC State transfer Issac Duffy. The OL will be lead by Maryland transfer 335 lbs Parris Heath.

As I mentioned Albany has reloaded with transfers and they are in a win now at all costs scenario. I would be pleased with a 7 -4 record. I think an NCAA playoff berth may be needed to keep the staff in place. Just my humble opinion.

KPSUL
June 2nd, 2022, 02:03 PM

It was in the old Richmond downtown Stadium and it looked packed, The intensity and the level of play was night and day above what we see in the CAA now.

Eric Ward was a dynamic QB - Richmond won the FCS Championship in 2008, I believe. I went to the UNH @ Richmond game in 2007 with Ricky Santos and Eric Ward at QB. Needless to say it was a shoot-out. It became pretty clear by the 2nd half that the last team to possess the ball would likely win - which was Richmond. My only visit to City Stadium.

MR. CHICKEN
June 2nd, 2022, 08:19 PM
...FO' ANYONE WHOM MIGHT GIVE.....UH....$H*T........LINDY'S CAA PROJECTED ORDER:

1 VILLANOVA
2 RICHMOND
3 DELAWARE
4 WM & MARY
5 ELON
6 STONY BROOK
7 RHODE ISLAND
8 MONMOUTH
9 TOWSON
10 NEW HAMPSHIRE
11 MAINE
12 ALBANY
13 HAMPTON

FUBeAR
June 2nd, 2022, 08:23 PM
...FO' ANYONE WHOM MIGHT GIVE.....UH....$H*T........LINDY'S CAA PROJECTED ORDER:

1 VILLANOVA
2 RICHMOND
3 DELAWARE
4 WM & MARY
5 ELON
6 STONY BROOK
7 RHODE ISLAND
8 MONMOUTH
9 TOWSON
10 NEW HAMPSHIRE
11 MAINE
12 ALBANY
13 HAMPTONGot a link to this Lindy’s material or Print only?

MR. CHICKEN
June 2nd, 2022, 08:25 PM
....SPRUNG FO' [email protected] BOOKS....CHRISTIANA MALL......$10.99.......BAWK!

MUHAWKS
June 2nd, 2022, 08:37 PM
A lot of good and interesting info from you guys, thank you! ..Looking very much forward to The CAA

FUBeAR
June 2nd, 2022, 08:57 PM
....SPRUNG FO' [email protected] BOOKS....CHRISTIANA MALL......$10.99.......BAWK!
Cinnabon still in that mall? 1st place I ever smelled (and then purchased, of course) a Cinnabon.

If Lindy’s can make their mag smell like a Cinnabon, I’d drop the 11 samolyans. Otherwise FUBeAR is an online-only man/bear. Love life works the same way.

MR. CHICKEN
June 2nd, 2022, 09:04 PM
Cinnabon still in that mall? 1st place I ever smelled (and then purchased, of course) a Cinnabon.

If Lindy’s can make their mag smell like a Cinnabon, I’d drop the 11 samolyans. Otherwise FUBeAR is an online-only man/bear. Love life works the same way.

.....FOOD COURT....SMELLS LIKE UH LANDFILL......CHIK FILET MEETS WANG TU FUC....CHINESE....WHO'S OVER-RIDDEN BAH AUNTIES PRETZELS...AN' SOME BABY'S CHANGED DIAPER....AWK!

......SAVE YER DUCATS.....YA WON'T LIKE WHERE LINDY..........PUT......DUH FURPLES......ANYWHOO..........DOODLE-DOO!

MUHAWKS
June 2nd, 2022, 09:08 PM
.....FOOD COURT....SMELLS LIKE UH LANDFILL......CHIK FILET MEETS WANG TU FUC....CHINESE....WHO'S OVER-RIDDEN BAH AUNTIES PRETZELS...AN' SOME BABY'S CHANGED DIAPER....AWK!

......SAVE YER DUCATS.....YA WON'T LIKE WHERE LINDY..........PUT......DUH FURBIES......ANYWHOO..........DOODLE-DOO!

How did they rank the IVY?

MR. CHICKEN
June 2nd, 2022, 09:12 PM
PRINCETON
YALE
DARTMOUTH
COLUMBIA
HARVARD
PENN
BROWN
CORNELL

caribbeanhen
June 3rd, 2022, 05:24 AM

No Streets and Smiths?

caribbeanhen
June 3rd, 2022, 05:31 AM

1 VILLANOVA
2 RICHMOND
3 DELAWARE
4 WM & MARY
5 ELON
6 STONY BROOK
7 RHODE ISLAND
8 MONMOUTH
9 TOWSON
10 NEW HAMPSHIRE
11 MAINE
12 ALBANY
13 HAMPTON

Northern CAA teams not looking good with ole Lindy

Obviously not on the Rhode Island bandwagon

Monmouth is the wildcard

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 3rd, 2022, 06:39 AM
I'll bet the farm on Maine to finish higher than 11th, love it when Maine gets no respect, just like in 2018.xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
June 3rd, 2022, 07:00 AM
No Streets and Smiths?

....S & S.....DID NOT PUBLISH A 2021 ISSUE......DUH CHICKEN'S FAVE SOURCE UH INFO.......PROLLY...'SPLAINS.....MAH DEMISE @ GOHENS........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
June 3rd, 2022, 07:09 AM
I'll bet the farm on Maine to finish higher than 11th, love it when Maine gets no respect, just like in 2018.xnodx

.....MAYBE...IT'S DUH 4 HEAD COACHES...IN LAST 8 SEASONS....STAFF IS AS STABLE....AS DUH ECONOMY.......AWQ!

Lehigh Football Nation
June 3rd, 2022, 08:12 AM
I nearly choked on my corn flakes seeing Elon ranked five spots above UNH and six spots above Maine.

caribbeanhen
June 3rd, 2022, 08:22 AM
....S & S.....DID NOT PUBLISH A 2021 ISSUE......DUH CHICKEN'S FAVE SOURCE UH INFO.......PROLLY...'SPLAINS.....MAH DEMISE @ GOHENS........AWK!

Gohens pick em?

Henny

just watch and see

caribbeanhen
June 3rd, 2022, 08:24 AM
I nearly choked on my corn flakes seeing Elon ranked five spots above UNH and six spots above Maine.

Yep, Elon is just as bad as UNH and Maine have looked recently

FUBeAR
June 3rd, 2022, 08:41 AM
Yep, Elon is just as bad as UNH and Maine have looked recently
FUBeAR is confused.

Didn’t Elon finish just behind CAA Champion Villanova in 2021?

OK…I know the 2nd best (remaining) Team in the CAA couldn’t beat a WINLESS-in-the-SoCon Team, but FUBeAR thinks that just says a whole lot more about the relative strength of the CAA vs. the SoCon than it does about Elon’s ability to compete within the CAA. The Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians proved their status last year, beating both Maine & New Hampshire by double digits. Other than their slip-up vs. W&M and loss to Villanova, Elon pretty much dominated the rest of the (remaining) CAA.

Don’t hold that loss to WINLESS-in-the-SoCon Wofford against Elon so much. The Terriers just play in a Conference where trying to find a win each and every week is a Herculean task.

Dane96
June 3rd, 2022, 10:09 AM
Ok after reviewing the OL & Defense it appears that the coaching staff is taking the same approach. Transfer City! These are my opinions and maybe other UA fans can add or detract from this. Again, how good they are still remains to be seen. Again, after a 2-9 season I am sure this will be an upgrade. I would assume that the DL will be lead by AJ Beatty who is a UNC Chapel Hill transfer. At 6'5 and 290 he has the size. I still think losing Verse to Florida State will hurt. The LB's will be lead by AJ Mistler & Jackson Ambush who were starters last year they are probably the best LBs on the roster as of today. The DB's will be lead by NC State transfer Issac Duffy. The OL will be lead by Maryland transfer 335 lbs Parris Heath.

As I mentioned Albany has reloaded with transfers and they are in a win now at all costs scenario. I would be pleased with a 7 -4 record. I think an NCAA playoff berth may be needed to keep the staff in place. Just my humble opinion.

Usually agree with you but some of this is pretty off. Parris Heath has been with Albany for three years now after his transfer and has been below average. He starts only if injuries come about. AJ Beatty...not sure what is up with him as he was here last year but didn't play a snap. I was surprised to see he couldn't crack the rotation and he really wasn't discussed by the staff...so not sure if he was still recovering from an injury or had to sit for transfer reasons (would be surprising). Issac Duffy has been with UA for at least two years now, and has been an average CB.

MY thoughts:

DB- will be two guys who have done a lot for the program early in their careers, Lewis and Walker Jr. Lewis is a bit penalty prone but they are big fast DB's, though lewis often moves around to what seems to be a safety role. I expect Elijah Ayers to make a move this year...he has been improving from what I hear and is fast as heck. The entirety of the top DB group are big, fast guys. Duffy will need to improve in my opinion, however he has a high ceiling...that I agree with you on.

DL- Clearly the biggest loss area as the #1 FCS to FBS pickup was Jared Verse to Florida State. Elijah Hills, Anthony Lang and Joe Greaney are the anchors of this group for now. Let's see what happens in August camp with Beatty (who has the size). McCorn and Jackson will provide depth at end. AJ Simon was a D2 monster...and I expect him to get minutes, immediately. Juncaj is a Nassau CC transfer who was a former D2 All-Rookie guy, who could provide some depth. The rest of the group has some young talent...just not sure who is ready yet.

LB- Mistler and Ambush, totally agree with you. Look out for Max Schipani, who not only has a close relationship (family-wise) to Coach Gattuso, but has transitioned from DB to LB. He has put on about 30 lbs and is a solid 6'3 230. Super fast kid, who was a really solid Pittsburgh area DB out of high school. I have a feeling he is going to make a push. Another guy who transitioned positions is Jack Mottola. Kid was a stud in North Jersey HS football, and he also is a solid 6'3 226. He was a DE recruit...so this move makes a bit of sense. He is a coach's kid, perfect for the LB mindset. I expect him to make a move as well. I think Ben-Howe-Jones is a year away from serious contribution as is frosh Sammy Knipe, who is a prototypical LB at 6'2 230.

OL- This group is being HEAVILY recruited in the portal, and rightly so. They were inexperience and hit with injuries last year...but they were the unit that performed the poorest. That being said, by years end, they were playing much better. The unit, as currently constructed, is WAY bigger than anything UA has trotted out. I expect some freshman/sophs to see time unless they score big on their transfer offers out there, though I watched Chris Walsh play in high school (Massachusetts) and he has potential. Foster is a least another year away. This unit, IMHO, will be a mix of Hutchinson (starter last year), Heath (backup mostly), Houseman (Starter last year), Singer (was supposed to start...think got injured), Fuller (Army transfer), and the OL leader...KOBE THOMAS. That's 6 guys for five spots, and we need probably 9-10 guys in the rotation. I think Donovan Reiser is still coming and I would expect him to get minutes. He is another Lackawanna transfer and was a pre-season JUCO All-American and team captain.

QB- this is literally a tight race right now and I even think they put out a QB transfer offer after the spring game. I think Carino (solely on experience) leads the way. Valecce has talent but really hasn't played much at the FBS level due to injury (Colorado St) and being a back up (BC). The guy to look out for, sneaking up on the pack, is Szalkowski. He was said to be neck and neck with the bunch, and has a strong arm. He is only a freshman (2nd year but with Covid year, he is a frosh).

RB is hopefully a position that we won't see a huge drop after losing Mofor. At the very least, it is a deep unit. Coming back are Banton (UCONN transfer) and Lopez-Quinones, the latter just a soph but touted. He is guy who can sneak up an eventually start however, I think he is a solid number 2 guy for most of his career. Barring anything crazy, the starter will be Todd Sibley, a former four start recruit for Pitt who was simply caught in a numbers / scheme game. He did well in his limited playing time and was universally liked by staff, team, and fans. He is a big back at 5'9 229. I think he will be a star in the league if the line blocks well.

Safety is a strength position with what I believe is Lewis (mentioned in the DB summary) and Semaj Brown.

Tight End is a traditionally strong UA position, and that continues. Greaney was an underutilized player in the passing game, and they will be going back there now. He is super solid. Renninger is ready to breakout and had some solid games last year. Both are 6'6 250 range. We brought in Dylan Walker, who is 6'4 and about 250...a former 3 star recruit from colorado st. He's got wheels. That will be your top 3.

WR- I think UA actually improves. We had a lot of guys who we liked but were more possession guys and not stretch the field guys. Julian Hicks was supposed to start in 2021 but was injured. He is an Akron/Central Michigan transfer. Roy Alexander and Jackson Parker are young guys who showed a ton last year. Chris Potts is a solid guy who transferred in last year. This year we got in two D2 transfers that were exceptional at that level, Easton (Assumption) and Zinobile (Clarion). McAdams and Rose Jr. are two guys I can see getting playing time.

This year, Albany will go so far as the new OC takes us with play calling, the DL backfills, and the Offensive Line gels quickly. I think we will be fine at QB, serviceable...but there are no WOW guys right now.

- - - Updated - - -

And I do agree that anything less than 7-4 and the staff is likely gone.

KPSUL
June 3rd, 2022, 10:11 AM
FUBeAR is confused.

Didn’t Elon finish just behind CAA Champion Villanova in 2021?

OK…I know the 2nd best (remaining) Team in the CAA couldn’t beat a WINLESS-in-the-SoCon Team, but FUBeAR thinks that just says a whole lot more about the relative strength of the CAA vs. the SoCon than it does about Elon’s ability to compete within the CAA. The Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians proved their status last year, beating both Maine & New Hampshire by double digits. Other than their slip-up vs. W&M and loss to Villanova, Elon pretty much dominated the rest of the (remaining) CAA.

Don’t hold that loss to WINLESS-in-the-SoCon Wofford against Elon so much. The Terriers just play in a Conference where trying to find a win each and every week is a Herculean task.

JMU and Villanova finished tied for 1st, both 7-1. Elon was alone in 3rd at 5-3, Five teams finished 4-4. So no, Elon didn't "finish just behind Villanova", they did finish "way" behind when Nova visited Rhodes Stadium and won 35-0.

To be fair, I'd say the SOCON and CAA have been very similar the last few season. There are very few sure in-conference wins in either conference and although CAA and SOCON teams play each other far to infrequently to accurately compare the conferences head-to-head, I'd say if you take JMU out of the equation, that have been pretty much on par with one another the last 3 years or so. Last season both conferences lost additional playoff slots due to the internal conference parity. I had Mercer ranked for much of the season when others did not. I would have liked to see another SOCON team in the playoffs and with a conference record of 6-2, Mercer was the logical choice. I'm pretty sure the justification for not selecting them was that they played only 9 Div 1 games and won 6. I'm not sure any team not named Northern Iowa has made it with only 6 Div 1 wins. I believe there was enough talent in the 12 team 2021 CAA to justify three playoff teams; however, nobody stepped up at the end of the season during conference play to seal the deal. URI (7-4) ended up with the best overall record outside of JMU and Nova, however, they blew it losing 4 of their last 5 CAA games.

MR. CHICKEN
June 3rd, 2022, 10:52 AM
Gohens pick em?

Henny

just watch and see

EGG-ZAKLY........AWK!

Henny
June 3rd, 2022, 12:04 PM
EGG-ZAKLY........AWK!

LOL, Just got lucky last year! Brawk!

MR. CHICKEN
June 3rd, 2022, 02:02 PM
LOL, Just got lucky last year! Brawk!

.......ALREADY.......PREPARIN' MAH CONCEDE STATEMENT........DOODLE-DOO!

caribbeanhen
June 4th, 2022, 09:14 AM
Dane 96

outstanding review on Albany

Your new OC obviously got the boot at Delaware when Carty came in, seemed like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I thought he did a pretty good job with the Hens but obviously when Nolan Henderson went down the offense really struggled behind an inconsistent OL.

MUHAWKS
June 4th, 2022, 03:28 PM
Usually agree with you but some of this is pretty off. Parris Heath has been with Albany for three years now after his transfer and has been below average. He starts only if injuries come about. AJ Beatty...not sure what is up with him as he was here last year but didn't play a snap. I was surprised to see he couldn't crack the rotation and he really wasn't discussed by the staff...so not sure if he was still recovering from an injury or had to sit for transfer reasons (would be surprising). Issac Duffy has been with UA for at least two years now, and has been an average CB.

MY thoughts:

DB- will be two guys who have done a lot for the program early in their careers, Lewis and Walker Jr. Lewis is a bit penalty prone but they are big fast DB's, though lewis often moves around to what seems to be a safety role. I expect Elijah Ayers to make a move this year...he has been improving from what I hear and is fast as heck. The entirety of the top DB group are big, fast guys. Duffy will need to improve in my opinion, however he has a high ceiling...that I agree with you on.

DL- Clearly the biggest loss area as the #1 FCS to FBS pickup was Jared Verse to Florida State. Elijah Hills, Anthony Lang and Joe Greaney are the anchors of this group for now. Let's see what happens in August camp with Beatty (who has the size). McCorn and Jackson will provide depth at end. AJ Simon was a D2 monster...and I expect him to get minutes, immediately. Juncaj is a Nassau CC transfer who was a former D2 All-Rookie guy, who could provide some depth. The rest of the group has some young talent...just not sure who is ready yet.

LB- Mistler and Ambush, totally agree with you. Look out for Max Schipani, who not only has a close relationship (family-wise) to Coach Gattuso, but has transitioned from DB to LB. He has put on about 30 lbs and is a solid 6'3 230. Super fast kid, who was a really solid Pittsburgh area DB out of high school. I have a feeling he is going to make a push. Another guy who transitioned positions is Jack Mottola. Kid was a stud in North Jersey HS football, and he also is a solid 6'3 226. He was a DE recruit...so this move makes a bit of sense. He is a coach's kid, perfect for the LB mindset. I expect him to make a move as well. I think Ben-Howe-Jones is a year away from serious contribution as is frosh Sammy Knipe, who is a prototypical LB at 6'2 230.

OL- This group is being HEAVILY recruited in the portal, and rightly so. They were inexperience and hit with injuries last year...but they were the unit that performed the poorest. That being said, by years end, they were playing much better. The unit, as currently constructed, is WAY bigger than anything UA has trotted out. I expect some freshman/sophs to see time unless they score big on their transfer offers out there, though I watched Chris Walsh play in high school (Massachusetts) and he has potential. Foster is a least another year away. This unit, IMHO, will be a mix of Hutchinson (starter last year), Heath (backup mostly), Houseman (Starter last year), Singer (was supposed to start...think got injured), Fuller (Army transfer), and the OL leader...KOBE THOMAS. That's 6 guys for five spots, and we need probably 9-10 guys in the rotation. I think Donovan Reiser is still coming and I would expect him to get minutes. He is another Lackawanna transfer and was a pre-season JUCO All-American and team captain.

QB- this is literally a tight race right now and I even think they put out a QB transfer offer after the spring game. I think Carino (solely on experience) leads the way. Valecce has talent but really hasn't played much at the FBS level due to injury (Colorado St) and being a back up (BC). The guy to look out for, sneaking up on the pack, is Szalkowski. He was said to be neck and neck with the bunch, and has a strong arm. He is only a freshman (2nd year but with Covid year, he is a frosh).

RB is hopefully a position that we won't see a huge drop after losing Mofor. At the very least, it is a deep unit. Coming back are Banton (UCONN transfer) and Lopez-Quinones, the latter just a soph but touted. He is guy who can sneak up an eventually start however, I think he is a solid number 2 guy for most of his career. Barring anything crazy, the starter will be Todd Sibley, a former four start recruit for Pitt who was simply caught in a numbers / scheme game. He did well in his limited playing time and was universally liked by staff, team, and fans. He is a big back at 5'9 229. I think he will be a star in the league if the line blocks well.

Safety is a strength position with what I believe is Lewis (mentioned in the DB summary) and Semaj Brown.

Tight End is a traditionally strong UA position, and that continues. Greaney was an underutilized player in the passing game, and they will be going back there now. He is super solid. Renninger is ready to breakout and had some solid games last year. Both are 6'6 250 range. We brought in Dylan Walker, who is 6'4 and about 250...a former 3 star recruit from colorado st. He's got wheels. That will be your top 3.

WR- I think UA actually improves. We had a lot of guys who we liked but were more possession guys and not stretch the field guys. Julian Hicks was supposed to start in 2021 but was injured. He is an Akron/Central Michigan transfer. Roy Alexander and Jackson Parker are young guys who showed a ton last year. Chris Potts is a solid guy who transferred in last year. This year we got in two D2 transfers that were exceptional at that level, Easton (Assumption) and Zinobile (Clarion). McAdams and Rose Jr. are two guys I can see getting playing time.

This year, Albany will go so far as the new OC takes us with play calling, the DL backfills, and the Offensive Line gels quickly. I think we will be fine at QB, serviceable...but there are no WOW guys right now.

- - - Updated - - -

FANTASTIC ANALYSIS-- LOVE IT

- - - Updated - - -

MY thoughts:

- - - Updated - - -

FANTASTIC ANALYSIS-- LOVE IT

KPSUL
June 4th, 2022, 04:28 PM

How long is the recent contract extension UA gave to G.G. ?

UAalum72
June 4th, 2022, 05:25 PM
How long is the recent contract extension UA gave to G.G. ?
Thru 2024

Daneiac
June 5th, 2022, 12:29 PM
I have to chuckle when I see comments about the Albany coaching staff needing a good season to avoid being on the chopping block. GG has a losing record overall and is coming off a disastrous 2021 season...spring and fall both. And then he gets extended for three more years. If he didn’t get the boot after going 3-12 in 2021, why should he be on the hot seat now?

MR. CHICKEN
June 7th, 2022, 09:34 AM

....WELL THEN....GO WHIFF SOMETHIN' SOFT...LIKE OATMEAL......B/4......YOUSE....LOOK @ DUH ATHLON TOP 25.......BRAWK!

FUBeAR
June 7th, 2022, 10:55 AM

....WELL THEN....GO WHIFF SOMETHIN' SOFT...LIKE OATMEAL......B/4......YOUSE....LOOK @ DUH ATHLON TOP 25.......BRAWK!

FUBeAR realizes he commented on this LFN post before in a general (non-quoted) way, but since Senor Pollo brought it up again, would like to get a mo’ specific response…

In 2021, Elon beat both New Hampshire and Maine by double digits in back-to-back (well…there was a by for Elon between the 2) weeks…

Date
Elon Opponent
H/A
Result

September 4
Wofford (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Wofford_Terriers_football_team) (0-8 in the SoCon :))

H

:) L 22–24

October 9
at Maine (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Maine_Black_Bears_football_team) (4-4 in the CAA)

A

W 33–23

October 23
New Hampshire (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_New_Hampshire_Wildcats_football_team) (2-6 in the CAA)

H

W 24–10

Why is it, in the least surprising, that Elon would be ranked ahead of both of these Teams that they clearly whipped in their last outing and that they finished ahead of in the CAA Standings? Am FUBeAR missing a CAA Insider joke or something?

OhioHen
June 7th, 2022, 11:56 AM
FUBeAR realizes he commented on this LFN post before in a general (non-quoted) way, but since Senor Pollo brought it up again, would like to get a mo’ specific response…

In 2021, Elon beat both New Hampshire and Maine by double digits in back-to-back (well…there was a by for Elon between the 2) weeks…

Date
Elon Opponent
H/A
Result

September 4
Wofford (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Wofford_Terriers_football_team) (0-8 in the SoCon :))

H

October 9
at Maine (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Maine_Black_Bears_football_team) (4-4 in the CAA)

A

W 33–23

October 23
New Hampshire (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_New_Hampshire_Wildcats_football_team) (4-4 in the CAA)

H

W 24–10

Why is it, in the least surprising, that Elon would be ranked ahead of both of these Teams that they clearly whipped in their last outing and that they finished ahead of in the CAA Standings? Am FUBeAR missing a CAA Insider joke or something?
LFN is by no means a CAA Insider.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 7th, 2022, 12:07 PM
LFN is by no means a CAA Insider.

Elon loses their star QB, leading rusher, and one of their top 2 tacklers from last season to graduation, but hey, they did great last year, right?

Also - people did notice that loss to Wofford last year, right?

People are ranking them as if they've climbed the mountain. They've barely made it past the first checkpoint. Personally I'd have put Monmouth where Elon is. Monmouth is way further along than Elon is. IMO.

MR. CHICKEN
June 7th, 2022, 02:30 PM
I have to chuckle when I see comments about the Albany coaching staff needing a good season to avoid being on the chopping block. GG has a losing record overall and is coming off a disastrous 2021 season...spring and fall both. And then he gets extended for three more years. If he didn’t get the boot after going 3-12 in 2021, why should he be on the hot seat now?

.....MUST BE UH NEW YORK PERK.......CORNELL'S....COACH........DAVID ARCHER.....HAS HAD 8 STRAIGHT LOSIN' SEASONS.....AN' IS STILL EMPLOYED FO' SEASON 9........BRAWK!!

ncspiderfan
June 7th, 2022, 05:19 PM

Nova

I will throw in the little about Spiders that I know.
With Udinski coming over from Maryland as a grad, with new OC Billy Cosh coming over from VMI the fan base is hoping for a turn back toward the top of the CAA standings.
They should be set a WR, as they had a few good ones already and the Herres kid came over from VMI also as a grad. Also picked up a Maryland transfer that Udinski might have had some influence in getting to come over that has three or four years left as I remember. RB position is pretty solid three deep and they have one that has been bitten by the injury bug off and on. OL lost a lot, but returners are experienced, just hope they gel.

Defensive line lost loads of talent with a grad student heading to Wake Forest to test himself against the ACC before trying to make the league. Couple of other senior DE that will be missed. The guys returning that will likely start were a starter and solid two deeps in a good front 7 last year, get younger after that, but they also were behind super seniors and two deep should be ok. Picked up a JMU transfer with four years left.
Lost one LB to graduation, that has had a few workouts with NFL teams (I honestly have not kept up enough to know if one signed him undrafted as yet) Two starters returning at LB and last year's number 4, who probably would have started for a lot of CAA teams, so good there. Defensive backfield could fall off a little in the two deep (lot of younger guys there), but again a few guys that have practiced for an extra year.

Kicker and punter solid, with a new long snapper.

caribbeanhen
June 8th, 2022, 06:48 AM
Delaware just picked a speedy skill position RB. Yes he is fast

Kyron Cumby

Well traveled with four years of eligibility, signed by Illinois out of high school but recently walked on at Texas Tech

I’m sure they’ll try to use him as a slot receiver, punt returner kick off returner it any other way they can get his hands on the ball

KPSUL
June 8th, 2022, 07:02 AM

Date
Elon Opponent
H/A
Result

September 4

H

October 9

A

W 33–23

October 23
New Hampshire (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_New_Hampshire_Wildcats_football_team) (4-4 in the CAA)

H

W 24–10

UNH was 2-6 in the conference, not 4-4. Selecting Elon ahead of UNH is a no brainer. When Elon beat Maine both teams were playing poorly - someone had to win, and nobody thought either team was going anywhere at that point in the season. Maine finished strong winning 5 of their last 6 and ended up 6-5, same as Elon. So flip a coin.

MR. CHICKEN
June 8th, 2022, 07:40 AM
UNH was 2-6 in the conference, not 4-4. Selecting Elon ahead of UNH is a no brainer. When Elon beat Maine both teams were playing poorly - someone had to win, and nobody thought either team was going anywhere at that point in the season. Maine finished strong winning 5 of their last 6 and ended up 6-5, same as Elon. So flip a coin.

....LAST WEEK UH 2021 SEASON......MAINE FINISHED BAH BEATIN' 2-6 NEW HAMPSHIRE...33-20....WHILST.....ELON.....KNOCKED 7-4....OVERALL......RHODE ISLAND OUTTAH PLAYOFFS.....43-28.......JES' SAYIN'........xwhistlex......AWK!

KPSUL
June 8th, 2022, 09:26 AM
....LAST WEEK UH 2021 SEASON......MAINE FINISHED BAH BEATIN' 2-6 NEW HAMPSHIRE...33-20....WHILST.....ELON.....KNOCKED 7-4....OVERALL......RHODE ISLAND OUTTAH PLAYOFFS.....43-28.......JES' SAYIN'........xwhistlex......AWK!

And Villanova curb stomped Elon in their own stadium 35-0. We could legitimately go back and forth on this for quite a while. My point is that it is a pick'em between Maine and Elon, But who really cares which team is 5th or 6th in a preseason poll. Maine tends to get too little respect and credit, but they have been very inconsistent over the past 10+ years so maybe it is understandable.

Daneiac
June 8th, 2022, 10:39 AM
.....MUST BE UH NEW YORK PERK.......CORNELL'S....COACH........DAVID ARCHER.....HAS HAD 8 STRAIGHT LOSIN' SEASONS.....AN' IS STILL EMPLOYED FO' SEASON 9........BRAWK!!

Well, at least he’s in an endowed position at a wealthy Ivy that can afford to prioritize academics over performance on an extended basis. Plus, he’s an ex Big Red golden boy player. Albany doesn’t have that kind of cash. In contrast, Priore at Stony Brook has a winning record and is close to .500 in the CAA...and their fans complain about him as well. We can’t be happy I guess.

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 8th, 2022, 10:40 AM
And Villanova curb stomped Elon in their own stadium 35-0. We could legitimately go back and forth on this for quite a while. My point is that it is a pick'em between Maine and Elon, But who really cares which team is 5th or 6th in a preseason poll. Maine tends to get too little respect and credit, but they have been very inconsistent over the past 10+ years so maybe it is understandable.

Maine fans could piss & moan about being picked 11th in the conference and Rhody being picked 14th and W&M picked 23rd both of which Maine handled easily in winning 5 of their last 6 but it's preseason poll and time will who is a contender and who is a pretender.
Mr.Chicken had a good point about coaching changes but Coach Stevens is a Maine native & UMaine grad and all conference LB who comes from Yale where he was the DC. Maine realized their pay was disgusting and increased his salary by a 100K. He recruited a Yale coach to come along which tells me they have increased funding for assitants as well. He understands the issues Maine has and what it takes to win here and we are expecting an improverment from last year's 6-5 record with only losing 6 starters. I think Coach Stevens will use these polls to motivate this team similar to what Coach Harasymiak did in 2018.

caribbeanhen
June 8th, 2022, 12:03 PM
Maine and New Hampshire haven't looked right the past few seasons but in my mind it means very little when trying to predict the CAA for 2022

Hampton will be horrid but after that tomorrow never knows

MR. CHICKEN
June 8th, 2022, 12:31 PM
....DO HENS....HAVE DUH ROLY POLYS....TA MUD WRESTLE......WHIFF DUH DAKOTAH BEHEMOTHS...xconfusedxxdontknowxxconfusedx...OWNLA H RUNNIN' GAME FO' YOU-DEE......WAS GOIN' IN & COMIN' OFFAH DUH FIELD LAST SEASON......AWQ!

Dane96
June 11th, 2022, 09:14 AM
Well, at least he’s in an endowed position at a wealthy Ivy that can afford to prioritize academics over performance on an extended basis. Plus, he’s an ex Big Red golden boy player. Albany doesn’t have that kind of cash. In contrast, Priore at Stony Brook has a winning record and is close to .500 in the CAA...and their fans complain about him as well. We can’t be happy I guess.

Incorrect. The presumption was we did not have the cash, in fact we did. This was because Benson made a promise to Gattuso that he kept. That being said, DK, Gattuso, and the arena are now Benson's legacy. One faced a major crisis, the second we shall see, and apparently the arena could also have some issues....but I am holding out hope on all three.

Gattuso is on a short leash now.

caribbeanhen
June 11th, 2022, 10:35 AM
....DO HENS....HAVE DUH ROLY POLYS....TA MUD WRESTLE......WHIFF DUH DAKOTAH BEHEMOTHS...xconfusedxxdontknowxxconfusedx...OWNLA H RUNNIN' GAME FO' YOU-DEE......WAS GOIN' IN & COMIN' OFFAH DUH FIELD LAST SEASON......AWQ!

Three OL transfers, 2 from Georgetown and one from Montana State

And a new OL line coach from Sam Houston

Having said that I’ll believe it when I see it

WestCoastAggie
June 12th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Has anyone found out what's happening at Hampton?

caribbeanhen
June 12th, 2022, 12:22 PM

Haven't seen any Hampton fans on here yet

bonarae
June 12th, 2022, 09:24 PM

Even the FCS Fans Nation group on FB is silent on Hampton as well. xsighx

What about FCS Reddit? xchinscratchx

caribbeanhen
June 14th, 2022, 09:58 AM

Albany had no cash? I find that kind of funny in that Organized Crime like State of NY

smilo
June 14th, 2022, 12:00 PM
My thoughts are that Villanova doesn't make the playoffs in back-to-back seasons unless there is an FCS title sandwiched in between two years. And with our graduations, I don't think there is a prayer of that coming just yet.

Traditionally this would be our 6-5 or 5-6 season littered with growing pains due to inexperience and lack of depth after injuries as a private school.

Maybe the CAA has gotten so weak that we can stay above the 7 win mark, but I will keep my expectations tempered. Doubt we will compete for a title. Probably 20-25 nationally. Lose @Army, @UR, @W&M. Split @Maine/@Towson. Split Albany/Monmouth. Win 2 gimmes OOC, Hampton and Delaware. 6-5.

While Richmond and W&M will be the trendy choices, I wouldn't be shocked to see a school like Albany be in the conversation while Delaware adjusts to a new coach and Villanova doesn't hit ridiculous expectations against the most difficult conference slate you can draw up.

If Albany comes back from Waco with starters unscathed, the schedule sets up nicely aside from a road game at Monmouth following a bye. That game could set a lot of narratives for one team of the other. Both avoid the Virginia schools, but have the tough road game in Radnor Township.

Tribe4SF
June 14th, 2022, 12:32 PM
My thoughts are that Villanova doesn't make the playoffs in back-to-back seasons unless there is an FCS title sandwiched in between two years. And with our graduations, I don't think there is a prayer of that coming just yet.

Traditionally this would be our 6-5 or 5-6 season littered with growing pains due to inexperience and lack of depth after injuries as a private school.

Maybe the CAA has gotten so weak that we can stay above the 7 win mark, but I will keep my expectations tempered. Doubt we will compete for a title. Probably 20-25 nationally. Lose @Army, @UR, @W&M. Split @Maine/@Towson. Split Albany/Monmouth. Win 2 gimmes OOC, Hampton and Delaware. 6-5.

While Richmond and W&M will be the trendy choices, I wouldn't be shocked to see a school like Albany be in the conversation while Delaware adjusts to a new coach and Villanova doesn't hit ridiculous expectations against the most difficult conference slate you can draw up.

If Albany comes back from Waco with starters unscathed, the schedule sets up nicely aside from a road game at Monmouth following a bye. That game could set a lot of narratives for one team of the other. Both avoid the Virginia schools, but have the tough road game in Radnor Township.

Not seeing Nova's schedule as any more difficult than some others. Tribe has Nova, Delaware, Richmond, Elon and Rhode Island from the projected upper half along with Towson, Stony Brook and Hampton.

Dane96
June 14th, 2022, 02:12 PM
Albany had no cash? I find that kind of funny in that Organized Crime like State of NY

Pretty unfunny comment. The school gets less than 12% of its operating budget from the State and none can go to the Athletic Department. It's why NY doesn't have a massive Power 5 school.

But yes, money existed to pay off the coach. Heck, they are privately funding a $12mm arena renovation.

Sitting Bull
June 14th, 2022, 03:41 PM

Didn’t realize W&M was a “trendy choice”. Outside a #23 ranking from Athlon, I’ve seen no such commentary anywhere.

smilo
June 14th, 2022, 05:43 PM
It's more the home/road splits and from the perspective of Villanova rather than comparing to teams in the conference - that's what matters after all. Long road trips to both Orono and Williamsburg (I guess we avoid Elon but the Tribe scare me more, and Maine is a very tough ride) and a road trip to the best squad. Towson wouldn't worry me at home, but it's not easy in FCS's little Death Valley. Toughest FCS crowd I've faced.

Home games against Delaware, Monmouth and Albany are barely different from road games in those places, and Hampton isn't a worry even on the road - so of course we waste a home game on them.

I guess Elon or URI in place of Hampton could be worse? Still our easiest game either way.

Maybe we are just privileged being in the geographic median and don't know what hard travel is.

DFW HOYA
June 14th, 2022, 06:00 PM
Pretty unfunny comment. The school gets less than 12% of its operating budget from the State and none can go to the Athletic Department. It's why NY doesn't have a massive Power 5 school.

NY doesn't have a massive Power 5 school because SUNY wasn't created until 1948 and the need for a flagship state school was largely ignored by the state for decades, if not centuries. Outside of Penn State (which never would have risen to its heights without football), there is no major flagship football program north of the Mason-Dixon line:

Delaware (FCS)
New Jersey (Rutgers-FBS)
New York
Connecticut (FBS Ind.)
Rhode Island (FCS)
Massachusetts (FBS-Ind.)
New Hampshire (FCS)
Vermont (dropped football)
Maine (FCS)

MR. CHICKEN
June 14th, 2022, 07:29 PM
NY doesn't have a massive Power 5 school because SUNY wasn't created until 1948 and the need for a flagship state school was largely ignored by the state for decades, if not centuries. Outside of Penn State (which never would have risen to its heights without football), there is no major flagship football program north of the Mason-Dixon line:

Delaware (FCS)
New Jersey (Rutgers-FBS)
New York
Connecticut (FBS Ind.)
Rhode Island (FCS)
Massachusetts (FBS-Ind.)
New Hampshire (FCS)
Maine (FCS)

SYRACUSE

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 14th, 2022, 08:07 PM
SYRACUSE

He meant a public flagship (often land grant) institution. The 'Cuse is private.....

Tribe4SF
June 15th, 2022, 06:24 AM
Elon loses their star QB, leading rusher, and one of their top 2 tacklers from last season to graduation, but hey, they did great last year, right?

Also - people did notice that loss to Wofford last year, right?

People are ranking them as if they've climbed the mountain. They've barely made it past the first checkpoint. Personally I'd have put Monmouth where Elon is. Monmouth is way further along than Elon is. IMO.

Elon brought in a QB transfer from Montana State who was the starter there. That was their big question mark and they answered it pretty well.

caribbeanhen
June 15th, 2022, 08:17 AM

But yes, money existed to pay off the coach. Heck, they are privately funding a $12mm arena renovation.

it wasn’t a joke But just look how much we’ve learned about New York football since that was posted

UAalum72
June 15th, 2022, 08:48 AM
He meant a public flagship (often land grant) institution. The 'Cuse is private.....
And New York State's Land Grant university is Cornell (Ivy)

The Boogie Down
June 15th, 2022, 12:32 PM

Shots fired!

Bill
June 15th, 2022, 09:51 PM

Hence the endless "SUNY - Ithaca" jabs from their IVY brethren....

Daneiac
June 16th, 2022, 07:31 AM

Delaware (FCS)
New Jersey (Rutgers-FBS)
New York
Connecticut (FBS Ind.)
Rhode Island (FCS)
Massachusetts (FBS-Ind.)
New Hampshire (FCS)
Maine (FCS)

It was a shame that NY, in its infinite wisdom, gave the land grant status to Cornell, instead of creating a new standalone. The closest FBS programs to Albany are Syracuse (once very good, but not relevant nationally for 20 years), UConn....once showed some promise and has now assumed the northeast position of losing FBS program and UMass (I don’t know how they have any fans left at all). Honestly, the next closest is really the only true national football power in NY history....Army. But due to the changing landscape of pro and college football, Army hasn’t been a national power in over 60 years. They still field a pretty good team and can duke it out with some pretty good schools. And I generally enjoy watching DCs trying to contain the old fashioned option...play, after play after play. But yeah, NY is an FBS wasteland for the most part.

KPSUL
June 16th, 2022, 08:18 AM
No mystery why there is no top tier P5, FBS programs in New York. There are 10 major league sports franchises in the Empire State. (MLB-2,NFL-3,NBA-2, NHL-3) If you want to count soccer, increase the total to 12. The elite FBS programs are sports enterprises that require a very large and vey enthusiastic fan base that rival major league franchises.

Baron Sardonicus
June 16th, 2022, 08:28 AM
When is thr CAA dropping Colonial from its name? Oppressive, you know...

MR. CHICKEN
June 16th, 2022, 08:48 AM
ATLANTIC ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION.......AWK??

SDFS
June 16th, 2022, 09:00 AM
No mystery why there is no top tier P5, FBS programs in New York. There are 10 major league sports franchises in the Empire State. (MLB-2,NFL-3,NBA-2, NHL-3) If you want to count soccer, increase the total to 12. The elite FBS programs are sports enterprises that require a very large and vey enthusiastic fan base that rival major league franchises.

LA nearly has that and they still have USC and UCLA.

KPSUL
June 16th, 2022, 10:23 AM
LA nearly has that and they still have USC and UCLA.

Yep 14 years ago USC was an elite FBS team, but they have won one conference championship in the past 13 years - fairly pedestrian for team in a 12 team conference. UCLA? Probably need to do back about 20 years to call them elite. UCLA is 85-84 the past 13 years.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 16th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Yep 14 years ago USC was an elite FBS team, but they have won one conference championship in the past 13 years - fairly pedestrian for team in a 12 team conference. UCLA? Probably need to do back about 20 years to call them elite. UCLA is 85-84 the past 13 years.

USC, Texas and UCLA have generally been enigmas during my fandom (late 80's onward). Outside of a particular "run" of success they have been underachieving programs constantly in search of their perceived place atop the college football pecking order. Generally speaking, outside of a brief down period or real clunker, Alabama, Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio State and to a lesser extent Auburn, LSU, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State, Notre Dame, Iowa, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin have been the consistently good FBS programs. Schools like Georgia, Florida State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas, USC, Nebraska, Miami, Michigan State, West Virginia, Kansas State and Clemson have been all over the place.

Dane96
June 16th, 2022, 02:26 PM

If Syracuse was performing in football like it used to perform, and really stepped up their finances...they would have kept or could possibly grow to an FBS, Top Tier P5 status. They literally made some terrible coaching and financial choices.

The real reason NY does not have a Top Tier, P5 FBS is because of a complete lack of State support, starting with the land grand to Cornell. Athletically, the State completely rejected any funding to athletic programs and made it inherently difficult for private funding to be used for athletic purposes. it continued up to the late end of the 80's into the early 90's, when Buffalo wanted to host the World University Games. To do so, they needed a stadium...and the State finally relented on allowing state funds (SUNY Construction Fund/Dormitory Authority) to release funds to build the stadium. The lobbying then begun, and the State relented on the use of state money for athletic facilities. Around the time that Buffalo made the jump to FBS, the three other University Centers had decided to make the move from D2 to D1, which had been planned amid the hope that the State would relent on funding usage for athletics.

However, at the same time, the State drastically (almost 30% average) cut funding overnight to the SUNY's (Buffalo, Albany, Binghamton, and Stony Brook), and that of course had an impact on what the Universities could fund...athletics being at the middle-bottom of the list.

Finally, the State still limits the use of ANY state funds to fund athletic scholarships.

The bottom line is, most FBS schools at the P5 level are State schools who were supported early on by their State legislatures. NY simply does not do that...and without that funding, it is an impossibility to grow to a P5. Sure, the Bills and Sabres are in Buffalo...but if Buffalo was in the ACC or Big 10...bet your bottom dollar they would pack the stadium. NY'ers like winners and big, shiny things. The MAC is not that at all. Top Tier P5 football is supported in the Seattle area, the Bay area, Los Angeles, Chicagoland area, Atlanta, Miami, Pittsburgh, D.C/Baltimore/College Park greater areas, Detroit, NYC (Rutgers), Dallas/Ft Worth metro, Cincinnati, Houston, and Nashville areas.

The logic you present is flawed.

Dane96
June 16th, 2022, 02:27 PM

How are we gauging "elite": Fan support, revenue, wins, championships, etc.? Because outside of fan support, the argument is going to be limited that there are likely only about 10-20 elite teams in the country, consistently.

Can't move the goalposts here.

KPSUL
June 16th, 2022, 08:06 PM
If Syracuse was performing in football like it used to perform, and really stepped up their finances...they would have kept or could possibly grow to an FBS, Top Tier P5 status. They literally made some terrible coaching and financial choices.

The real reason NY does not have a Top Tier, P5 FBS is because of a complete lack of State support, starting with the land grand to Cornell. Athletically, the State completely rejected any funding to athletic programs and made it inherently difficult for private funding to be used for athletic purposes. it continued up to the late end of the 80's into the early 90's, when Buffalo wanted to host the World University Games. To do so, they needed a stadium...and the State finally relented on allowing state funds (SUNY Construction Fund/Dormitory Authority) to release funds to build the stadium. The lobbying then begun, and the State relented on the use of state money for athletic facilities. Around the time that Buffalo made the jump to FBS, the three other University Centers had decided to make the move from D2 to D1, which had been planned amid the hope that the State would relent on funding usage for athletics.

However, at the same time, the State drastically (almost 30% average) cut funding overnight to the SUNY's (Buffalo, Albany, Binghamton, and Stony Brook), and that of course had an impact on what the Universities could fund...athletics being at the middle-bottom of the list.

Finally, the State still limits the use of ANY state funds to fund athletic scholarships.

The bottom line is, most FBS schools at the P5 level are State schools who were supported early on by their State legislatures. NY simply does not do that...and without that funding, it is an impossibility to grow to a P5. Sure, the Bills and Sabres are in Buffalo...but if Buffalo was in the ACC or Big 10...bet your bottom dollar they would pack the stadium. NY'ers like winners and big, shiny things. The MAC is not that at all. Top Tier P5 football is supported in the Seattle area, the Bay area, Los Angeles, Chicagoland area, Atlanta, Miami, Pittsburgh, D.C/Baltimore/College Park greater areas, Detroit, NYC (Rutgers), Dallas/Ft Worth metro, Cincinnati, Houston, and Nashville areas.

The logic you present is flawed.

Flawed logic? Maybe more like one dimensional - just like yours! It just took me a lot fewer words to explain it.

Let's actually look at some of the current elite FBS schools, you know the teams that compete for the National Championship? Not a laundry list of P5 participants. Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida State, Texas A&M and Georgia. None of the communities surrounding these colleges associate with a major metro areas and their pro teams in a big way. It is important for highly successful college football teams to have a strong fan base from the surrounding communities in addition to avid Alumni. You know, WalMart or Cracker Barrel fans. JMU has benefited from that - a large number of JMU fans are just simple valley folks who rarely, if ever, go to DC.

One other thing these elite teams have in common, a long tradition of fielding outstanding football teams.

DFW HOYA
June 16th, 2022, 08:08 PM
Top Tier P5 football is supported in the Seattle area, the Bay area, Los Angeles, Chicagoland area, Atlanta, Miami, Pittsburgh, D.C/Baltimore/College Park greater areas, Detroit, NYC (Rutgers), Dallas/Ft Worth metro, Cincinnati, Houston, and Nashville areas.

Maryland football averaged 37,956 a game last season. That's down from over 50,000 in the ACC in 2003.

bonarae
June 16th, 2022, 09:39 PM
How are we gauging "elite": Fan support, revenue, wins, championships, etc.? Because outside of fan support, the argument is going to be limited that there are likely only about 10-20 elite teams in the country, consistently.

Can't move the goalposts here.

Almost all of those 10-20 are in the South... xsighx What Northern/Western CFB teams can you think of as elite? Ohio State?

Michigan had its "down-est" period in the RichRod/Hoke eras, hence they're now a borderline pedestrian/elite team... Harbaugh, meanwhile, can't prove himself in the postseason / The Game (that matters in the CFP).

WestCoastAggie
June 18th, 2022, 11:00 AM
Howard will not be joining in 2023.

caribbeanhen
June 18th, 2022, 11:06 AM
Howard will not be joining in 2023.

why? CAA not good enough? Those Howard folks can be kind of snobbish

WestCoastAggie
June 18th, 2022, 01:44 PM
why? CAA not good enough? Those Howard folks can be kind of snobbish

Stakeholders don’t want to harm the MEAC and face a strong backlash.

DFW HOYA
June 18th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Stakeholders don’t want to harm the MEAC and face a strong backlash.

The MEAC is inexorably crumbling and no wants wants to admit it.

UNHWildcat18
June 19th, 2022, 12:20 PM

doesn’t bother me, Hampton is a bottom feeder, Monmouth is good competitive wise but their whole stadium fits less than most CAA stadiums home sides…. NCA&T was a good replacement for JMU between facilities and fan base even if they are an FBS flight risk in 10 years. CAAFB doesn’t need Howard in the slightest.

Utgrizfan
June 19th, 2022, 08:14 PM
Have to admit due to the thread being so long I'm a bit confused, what is the CAA going to look like after all the teams have joined?

MUHAWKS
June 19th, 2022, 09:06 PM
doesn’t bother me, Hampton is a bottom feeder, Monmouth is good competitive wise but their whole stadium fits less than most CAA stadiums home sides…. NCA&T was a good replacement for JMU between facilities and fan base even if they are an FBS flight risk in 10 years. CAAFB doesn’t need Howard in the slightest.

Question regarding your Monmouth comment- I ask b/c some MU people go back and forth about this a lot. We have the capability both room wise and $$ wise to enlarge our "stadium"- I mean we just re did this one and honestly it is extremely nice with heated, big and clean bathrooms, decent concessions, TV monitors below (where the bathrooms and food are), a couple small "stores" to buy gear. We have a top of the line scoreboard, new and modern pressbox with an elevator, an in stadium "varsity club" for MU Blue and white members with food and beer. The locker rooms are top notch too and to be honest the tailgating areas and space are as good or better than many places I have been. However, it just does not give you any sort of big time feel only having one side.

The Problem is, say we did expand to 10-15k with both sides, but still only got 3-4k per game? What would be the point right? I am HOPING that being in the CAA means we will get 2-3k visiting fans for some games (Nova, delaware etc) but seeing as how Princeton was a ranked program and our game with them was huge and still did not come close to filling it, not sure it matters. So what would the point of expansion be ( I assure you we are capable to do it).. I am in favor of bigger is better FYI..

WileECoyote06
June 19th, 2022, 10:55 PM

We're good. xcoffeex

Howard alums tried to tell us they're built different; but many didn't listen. That the announcement came during Juneteenth weekend isn't lost on me either.

WestCoastAggie
June 19th, 2022, 10:58 PM
We're good. xcoffeex

Howard alums tried to tell us they're built different; but many didn't listen. That the announcement came during Juneteenth weekend isn't lost on me either.
It’s a weird, self-affirming flex, but whatever. Also, the AD should’ve told the CAA no back in October when the Commissioner or their reps first called.

And no, a study shouldn’t have been conducted nor internal strife should’ve happened to reaffirm their commitment to the MEAC.

WileECoyote06
June 19th, 2022, 11:08 PM
It’s a weird, self-affirming flex, but whatever. Also, the AD should’ve told the CAA no back in October when the Commissioner or their reps first called.

And no, a study shouldn’t have been conducted nor internal strife should’ve happened to reaffirm their commitment to the MEAC.

They did due diligence. I don't blame them for that process.

caribbeanhen
June 20th, 2022, 08:23 AM
We're good. xcoffeex

The new slim trim and athletic conference formally known as the MEAC is more geographically compact meaning shorter bus rides for the players, besides it’s gonna cost about $10,000 to fill up the bus by football season

Lehigh Football Nation
June 20th, 2022, 11:01 AM
How much of the Howard interest was serious and how much was it media/BOT/some stakeholders stirring the pot? Howard now for years have publicly opined about joining other conferences (CAA, Patriot League) and it's all proved to be complete bunk. To me, the people that matter at Howard seem foursquare behind the idea of keeping the MEAC together, despite agent provocateurs to the contrary.

Sitting Bull
June 20th, 2022, 11:42 AM
I tend to think that the HBCUs are pulling in a significant amount of government money these days. Not sure if it’s limited to MEAC and SWAC members or if schools like Hampton and NC A&T remain eligible? It could possibly explain why a united MEAC is just a better place monetarily for the members.

caribbeanhen
June 20th, 2022, 11:58 AM
How much of the Howard interest was serious and how much was it media/BOT/some stakeholders stirring the pot? Howard now for years have publicly opined about joining other conferences (CAA, Patriot League) and it's all proved to be complete bunk. To me, the people that matter at Howard seem foursquare behind the idea of keeping the MEAC together, despite agent provocateurs to the contrary.

There is a bit of romanticism when you have a few old Captains clamoring to be the one to salvage a sinking ship, or go down with the ship.

I can respect them for that

Gangtackle11
June 20th, 2022, 08:59 PM
I don’t see my Cats taking the CAA this season. They lost a ton to graduation & although they have recruited well they will be young in a lot of spots. Have a UAlbany transfer Dan D’Amico at MLB who has big shoes to fill as Forrest Rhyne (Colts camp) led the FCS in tackles last season. Disco Dan Smith was an unpredictable baller & hard to replace for sure.

Only guarantee this season is being Delaware’s daddy once again. xpeacex

UNHWildcat18
June 21st, 2022, 06:46 AM
Question regarding your Monmouth comment- I ask b/c some MU people go back and forth about this a lot. We have the capability both room wise and $$ wise to enlarge our "stadium"- I mean we just re did this one and honestly it is extremely nice with heated, big and clean bathrooms, decent concessions, TV monitors below (where the bathrooms and food are), a couple small "stores" to buy gear. We have a top of the line scoreboard, new and modern pressbox with an elevator, an in stadium "varsity club" for MU Blue and white members with food and beer. The locker rooms are top notch too and to be honest the tailgating areas and space are as good or better than many places I have been. However, it just does not give you any sort of big time feel only having one side.

The Problem is, say we did expand to 10-15k with both sides, but still only got 3-4k per game? What would be the point right? I am HOPING that being in the CAA means we will get 2-3k visiting fans for some games (Nova, delaware etc) but seeing as how Princeton was a ranked program and our game with them was huge and still did not come close to filling it, not sure it matters. So what would the point of expansion be ( I assure you we are capable to do it).. I am in favor of bigger is better FYI..

It's a nice homeside, no doubt about that. I've heard that there is practically no chance expanding on the other side due to the zoning board in your town. I think 10-15k would be agressive but even if you put another 3k on the other side, it would be a hell of a lot beter. If you build it they will come, it takes time to grow the fanbase and the move to the CAA will help that.

It just always Irked me that Ualbany and SBU had to have 8k seats minimum to join, then Monmouth builds half that and gets a pass. I enjoy that the CAA overall has larger stadiums than a lot of FCS conferences. Losing JMU doesn't help but who knows maybe I'm just a snob. I hope you can expand but even if not, you will at least have a competitive team IMO.

caribbeanhen
June 21st, 2022, 06:56 AM

Your stadium is telling me the future is now .... meaning attendance and interest for FCS college football is not growing, especially in the Northeast

And I would say your expectations are pretty lofty if you’re expecting to see 3000 Villanova fans show up and Delaware doesn’t travel like they used to

MR. CHICKEN
June 21st, 2022, 07:14 AM
....RICHMOND BUILT UH SMALL STADIUM...NEIGHBORHOOD UH 9000..........DELAWARE LOST CAPACITY IN RENOVATIONS.........AN' IT WAS A PRETTY SMALL CROWD......WHEN BIZONSSSSSS CAME TA TOWN......AWK!

........FROM 1999-2009.......DELAWARE AVERAGED 20,000 FOR 44 STRAIGHT GAMES.....FCS RECORD...........THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE.....AN' EVEN IF CARTY.......PUTS US BACK ON MAP.........NOT COMIN' BACK....BRAWK!

..........LAST AH READ.....DELAWARE STADIUM NOW SEATS 18,800.....&....SEASON TICKET HOLDERS......IN 6-8K...RANGE.....DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

Libertine
June 21st, 2022, 08:18 AM

I suspect that Howard -- as a university -- has fallen victim to the lack of alignment that afflicts a lot of older "tradition-rich" schools. Basically, you have the AD wanting and saying one thing, the school president wanting and saying something else, influential boosters or fan groups wanting and saying a third thing, individual board members wanting and saying multiple other things, and all of them jockeying to be the ones who get their way. None of these groups or individuals have enough clout to run the show on their own but most have just enough juice to derail something that the other groups or individuals are trying to accomplish.

This is basically the biggest problem that U. of Texas has had for the last decade and a half and U. of Tennessee has had, well, forever.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 21st, 2022, 10:03 AM
....RICHMOND BUILT UH SMALL STADIUM...NEIGHBORHOOD UH 9000..........DELAWARE LOST CAPACITY IN RENOVATIONS.........AN' IT WAS A PRETTY SMALL CROWD......WHEN BIZONSSSSSS CAME TA TOWN......AWK!

........FROM 1999-2009.......DELAWARE AVERAGED 20,000 FOR 44 STRAIGHT GAMES.....FCS RECORD...........THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE.....AN' EVEN IF CARTY.......PUTS US BACK ON MAP.........NOT COMIN' BACK....BRAWK!

..........LAST AH READ.....DELAWARE STADIUM NOW SEATS 18,800.....&....SEASON TICKET HOLDERS......IN 6-8K...RANGE.....DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

A Lehigh home-and-home would help both teams fill the stadium. Maybe not the good old days but it would be a terrific atmosphere and a lot closer to a sellout. Just sayin'.

WestCoastAggie
June 21st, 2022, 10:27 AM
I suspect that Howard -- as a university -- has fallen victim to the lack of alignment that afflicts a lot of older "tradition-rich" schools. Basically, you have the AD wanting and saying one thing, the school president wanting and saying something else, influential boosters or fan groups wanting and saying a third thing, individual board members wanting and saying multiple other things, and all of them jockeying to be the ones who get their way. None of these groups or individuals have enough clout to run the show on their own but most have just enough juice to derail something that the other groups or individuals are trying to accomplish.

This is basically the biggest problem that U. of Texas has had for the last decade and a half and U. of Tennessee has had, well, forever.

I wouldn't surprise me to see Howard's AD resign by the end of the year over this bondoogle. What makes things complicated is President Frederick's impending retirement by July 1, 2024. Pres. Frederick told people for months now that Howard wasn't leaving the MEAC on his watch yet it took until Juneteenth, of all days, to formally decline the CAA's invite.

If all parties at HU were in lockstep with Frederick's desire to stay and "run" the MEAC, they would've told the CAA no last fall when all 3 HBCUs, Monmouth + Stony Brook were invited to join. Plus, according to some articles out here, the CAA were planning to expand and invite these schools before James Madison decided to join the Sun Belt. That means preliminary conversations were had long before the formal invites were sent out.

Sir William
June 21st, 2022, 10:48 AM

Furman has the same issue. Paladin Stadium seats 16,000. Back in the mid-'80s, '90s and early '00s, we were easily pulling 12,000-14,000 for home games, including a capacity-packed student body section. When Marshall, App or GaSo came to town, you could count on potentially 15,000-17,000 at times. Place was rockin'! Then the program took a downturn for a few years. Coupled with that, the school administration began pursuing a student body that looks different than it did in the previous timeframe (this is not a reflection on our players, BTW). By the time Hendrix arrived, we were barely drawing 5000. We're now drawing a little over 9000, and it's not likely the average for us will grow back above 12,000. Heck, we're lucky if 500 students actually stay for entire games. Game has changed.

Interestingly, Paladin Nation still travels well, especially within conference.

KPSUL
June 21st, 2022, 05:56 PM
I've gone to a number of "big" CAA games during the past 10 years and the only time I've seen 3000 visiting team fans at a game was a JUM @ Richmond game when both teams were ranked. Liberty visited JMU for a playoff game maybe 2015 and brought thousands of fans. With the exception of maybe Rhode Island or Dartmouth the majority of "visitor fans" ay UNH away games are friends or family members of players and staff.

MUHAWKS
June 21st, 2022, 06:01 PM
Your stadium is telling me the future is now .... meaning attendance and interest for FCS college football is not growing, especially in the Northeast

And I would say your expectations are pretty lofty if you’re expecting to see 3000 Villanova fans show up and Delaware doesn’t travel like they used to

Yeah that sucks.. But you are probably right b/c NJ is obviously a huge football state and tons if not most of games are played on Friday nights around where Monmouth is and even though a lot of you guys (fans of bigger teams) never bought in we still had a ranked team who went to the playoffs in 2017, 2019 and 2021 (spring) have put several guys on NFL teams, scored a bunch of points and rarely compete with Rutgers for fans, and still barely got 3k to games, so not sure what it would take..

I thought my expectations may be lofty, 3k from a visitor in a reg season game would be huge, I guess deep down I just wish we were all like Montana where it is the only game in town and the whole community is involved. Delaware is the closest thing to that.

MUHAWKS
June 21st, 2022, 06:36 PM
It's a nice homeside, no doubt about that. I've heard that there is practically no chance expanding on the other side due to the zoning board in your town. I think 10-15k would be agressive but even if you put another 3k on the other side, it would be a hell of a lot beter. If you build it they will come, it takes time to grow the fanbase and the move to the CAA will help that.

It just always Irked me that Ualbany and SBU had to have 8k seats minimum to join, then Monmouth builds half that and gets a pass. I enjoy that the CAA overall has larger stadiums than a lot of FCS conferences. Losing JMU doesn't help but who knows maybe I'm just a snob. I hope you can expand but even if not, you will at least have a competitive team IMO.

Nah you are not a snob. You are right.. I knew the town was not happy at one point, thought that was changed, who knows.. Walking into a nice looking stadium is a natural high at the FCS level.. Delaware atmosphere was great JMU too.. would LOVE that to be a reality but never will be..

caribbeanhen
June 21st, 2022, 06:59 PM
Yeah that sucks.. But you are probably right b/c NJ is obviously a huge football state and tons if not most of games are played on Friday nights around where Monmouth is and even though a lot of you guys (fans of bigger teams) never bought in we still had a ranked team who went to the playoffs in 2017, 2019 and 2021 (spring) have put several guys on NFL teams, scored a bunch of points and rarely compete with Rutgers for fans, and still barely got 3k to games, so not sure what it would take..

I thought my expectations may be lofty, 3k from a visitor in a reg season game would be huge, I guess deep down I just wish we were all like Montana where it is the only game in town and the whole community is involved. Delaware is the closest thing to that.

All FCS teams need more fans like you!

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 21st, 2022, 08:33 PM
I've gone to a number of "big" CAA games during the past 10 years and the only time I've seen 3000 visiting team fans at a game was a JUM @ Richmond game when both teams were ranked. Liberty visited JMU for a playoff game maybe 2015 and brought thousands of fans. With the exception of maybe Rhode Island or Dartmouth the majority of "visitor fans" ay UNH away games are friends or family members of players and staff.

It's funny you mention the small UNH following on the road as I would have thought you guys would bring alot more fans to Orono over the years. I realize when Maine travels to Durham alot of Orono fans make the trip along with alot of S.Maine fans. Back when Maine's hockey team routinley made it to the Gaarden for Hockey East there was no doubt that Maine had the majority of fans.

KPSUL
June 21st, 2022, 09:51 PM
It's funny you mention the small UNH following on the road as I would have thought you guys would bring alot more fans to Orono over the years. I realize when Maine travels to Durham alot of Orono fans make the trip along with alot of S.Maine fans. Back when Maine's hockey team routinley made it to the Gaarden for Hockey East there was no doubt that Maine had the majority of fans.

Portland it is a lot shorter drive to UNH than Portland to UMaine. Maine games at UNH are pretty well attended.

UNHWildcat18
June 22nd, 2022, 05:01 AM

Yeah a lot of Maine fans make the trip to UNH because they live in the NH MA southern ME area, UNH fans going to/living near Orono....not so much lol. Still I am happy that you guys travel well to play us. I'll make it to Maine sometime in the next few years.

Tribe4SF
June 22nd, 2022, 05:27 AM

I miss the old City Stadium at UR. W&M sold as many as 7000 tickets for games there.

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 22nd, 2022, 06:44 AM
Portland it is a lot shorter drive to UNH than Portland to UMaine. Maine games at UNH are pretty well attended.

Just would have thought UNH would be the best attended visiting game at Orono but would have to give that to Delaware or W&M as they seem to travel the best at least to Orono.
Who do we hink travels the best in the CAA, Maine has to be close to the top???

caribbeanhen
June 22nd, 2022, 07:24 AM
I miss the old City Stadium at UR. W&M sold as many as 7000 tickets for games there.

Is Williamsburg considered to be greater Richmond ? Or is there still a lot of Charles City in between

Sitting Bull
June 22nd, 2022, 10:25 AM
At W&M, the top traveling CAA opponents have been JMU, Richmond and Delaware, the last two pretty close. I would guess 2,000 for JMU (so many wanted to go to W&M anyway, they can’t keep themselves away) - then usually maybe 500-1000 from UR and UD.

After that, I would say Elon - and that I think will grow, maybe surpass, UR/UD levels. Hampton will likely be close too though they typically haven’t traveled all that well up to W&M, not as you might expect.

Most disappointing are Towson and Villanova. You would think they would travel better to W&M. Not that far and they have good teams.

I think the exciting one to watch will be NC A&T. I have the impression they travel well and have a passionate fan base.

NHwildEcat
June 22nd, 2022, 12:22 PM
I have no clue how UNH will be this year. My only hopes are that they score more - and lose less.

I believe in Rick (y) Santos and can't wait for kick off on 9/1.

KPSUL
July 20th, 2022, 10:22 AM
Here's UNH's video tribute to retired coach , Sean McDonnell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLXrTgnPszw

caribbeanhen
July 20th, 2022, 11:53 AM
At W&M, the top traveling CAA opponents have been JMU, Richmond and Delaware, the last two pretty close. I would guess 2,000 for JMU (so many wanted to go to W&M anyway, they can’t keep themselves away) - then usually maybe 500-1000 (tel:500-1000) from UR and UD.

After that, I would say Elon - and that I think will grow, maybe surpass, UR/UD levels. Hampton will likely be close too though they typically haven’t traveled all that well up to W&M, not as you might expect.

Most disappointing are Towson and Villanova. You would think they would travel better to W&M. Not that far and they have good teams.

I think the exciting one to watch will be NC A&T. I have the impression they travel well and have a passionate fan base.

They keep sending the Hens to Rhode Island and Stony Brook but I see this year Delaware is finally going back south across the CBBT (my favorite bridge) and Up and over to Williamsburg

WestCoastAggie
July 20th, 2022, 11:55 AM
At W&M, the top traveling CAA opponents have been JMU, Richmond and Delaware, the last two pretty close. I would guess 2,000 for JMU (so many wanted to go to W&M anyway, they can’t keep themselves away) - then usually maybe 500-1000 from UR and UD.

Once thing I can say about A&T; we have young guys on the team that will be getting plenty of PT this season. Hopefully, that bodes well for us going into 2023.

FUBeAR
July 20th, 2022, 12:20 PM

A&T brought a solid crowd to Furman for the season opener last year. There was still some Covid-hesitation which may have kept the numbers down a wee bit, however. The A&T peeps who came were loud, enthusiastic, and FUBeAR enjoyed the heck out of chatting/bantering with them in & around the end zone beer tents we have at FU. But, of course, their band steals the show. Big fun - wish we coulda got ‘em in the SoCon, but not all programs want to have to face the SoCon gauntlet every year. We get it.

Tribe4SF
July 20th, 2022, 12:21 PM

Just the best! He and Laycock have always been mutual admirers and friends. No BS guys who leave similar legacies at their Alma Maters.

MR. CHICKEN
July 20th, 2022, 01:27 PM

....ONCE YOUSE BEEN......GOT YER POTTERY/XMAS DECORATIONS.......STAY HOME.....PUT UP WHIFF CONFERENCE TV.....(IN LIEU UH GAS/HOTEL)......NO NEED TA TRAVEL AGIN........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
July 20th, 2022, 01:39 PM

.......WHERE'S MARTY'S....?.....AWK!

WestCoastAggie
July 20th, 2022, 03:47 PM
A&T brought a solid crowd to Furman for the season opener last year. There was still some Covid-hesitation which may have kept the numbers down a wee bit, however. The A&T peeps who came were loud, enthusiastic, and FUBeAR enjoyed the heck out of chatting/bantering with them in & around the end zone beer tents we have at FU. But, of course, their band steals the show. Big fun - wish we coulda got ‘em in the SoCon, but not all programs want to have to face the SoCon gauntlet every year. We get it.

That was a good game but it annoyed me. I thought we had you all when our QB finally woke up out of whatever 600+ day funk he had and led the offense to back to back scores in the second half. But it was a sobering realization that A&T Football missing that 2020 season had some consequences they couldn't overcome.

caribbeanhen
July 20th, 2022, 04:00 PM
....ONCE YOUSE BEEN......GOT YER POTTERY/XMAS DECORATIONS.......STAY HOME.....PUT UP WHIFF CONFERENCE TV.....(IN LIEU UH GAS/HOTEL)......NO NEED TA TRAVEL AGIN........AWK!

Mr C, I thought Virginia was lovers now tell us the real reason your not happy about the Burg 😂

KPSUL
July 20th, 2022, 04:13 PM
.......WHERE'S MARTY'S....?.....AWK!.

He's in the tribute video. Marty is good guy and will be missed almost as much a Coach Mac. He retired in May 2022.

paward
July 20th, 2022, 10:16 PM

I am still in therapy over that game.

Sitting Bull
July 21st, 2022, 08:32 AM
Mr C, I thought Virginia was lovers now tell us the real reason your not happy about the Burg 

Traveling to Williamsburg with the pottery outlet tops on your to do list sounds like an episode from the Wonder Years. You might as well just spend the weekend in Middletown. They have a Walmart there.

MR. CHICKEN
July 21st, 2022, 08:52 AM
Traveling to Williamsburg with the pottery outlet tops on your to do list sounds like an episode from the Wonder Years. You might as well just spend the weekend in Middletown. They have a Walmart there.

.....THAT'S MAH POINT........BEEN THERE/DONE IT......NO NEED TA GO EVERAH OTHERAH YEAR.....GEESH!......AWK!

....DELAWARE TRAVELS TA RHODEY...FO' 4th STRAIGHT YEAR.....WHAA WOOD ANYONE GO AGIN.....WHIFFOUT UH KID ON TEAM......?????????....BRAWK!

....WENT TA BEACH LAST WEEKEND....PUT $20 INTA CAR HALF WAY THERE...WAS @ 3/4 DIDN'T FILL IT UP........FRIDAY TOLLS ARE $1 x 2.....PUT $37.50 IN WHEN AH GOT HOME....AN' TOLLS GROW TA $3 x 2 ON SAT/SUNDAYS....DAT'S $65.50....TA GO 96 MILES EACH WAY......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
July 21st, 2022, 09:44 AM

Capt George Seafood Buffet? Mixed reviews, heard it was a dump these days

MR. CHICKEN
July 21st, 2022, 09:51 AM

....AH'D EAT CHUM.........IN LIEU........AWK!

Sitting Bull
July 21st, 2022, 10:38 AM

As I said, if your trips to Williamsburg area these days are focused and limited to the pottery factory and Captain George’s, you might as well just stay in Middletown with your Walmart and Applebee’s. The 80s called and they want their Blue Hen fan base back.

MR. CHICKEN
July 21st, 2022, 10:43 AM
As I said, if your trips to Williamsburg area these days are focused and limited to the pottery factory and Captain George’s, you might as well just stay in Middletown with your Walmart and Applebee’s. The 80s called and they want their Blue Hen fan base back.

....WELL....WHAT'S DUH DRAW NOWADAYS?........STILL GOT DUH PHEASANT PIE?.......PIGGY'S BEEN OFF DUH MENU...FO' UH WHILE.................AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
July 21st, 2022, 10:52 AM

....OL' TIMERS....KEPT YER ECONOMY STRONG......LOADIN' UP ON CUPS/SAUCERS......STUFF...WAS LEFT FO' INHERITANCE......IS NOW SITTIN' IN DRIVEWAYS...FO' SATURDAY SALES....AWK!

caribbeanhen
July 21st, 2022, 11:03 AM

So Capt George is a dump.... thanks for the tip

Sitting Bull
July 21st, 2022, 11:44 AM
....AH'D EAT CHUM.........IN LIEU........AWK!

IÂ’m sensing an opportunity here for Williamsburg CoC if theyÂ’re listening! Instead of promoting The Inn, Blue Talon, Lodge, Marriott, Hilton, Fat Canary, etc - they need to package a Super8/Golden Corral/Red Lobster package for Delaware home game weekend - get some excitement with the Blue Hen faithful.

FUBeAR
July 21st, 2022, 11:48 AM
IÂ’m sensing an opportunity here for Williamsburg CoC if theyÂ’re listening! Instead of promoting The Inn, Blue Talon, Lodge, Marriott, Hilton, Fat Canary, etc - they need to package a Super8/Golden Corral/Red Lobster package for Delaware home game weekend - get some excitement with the Blue Hen faithful.
Y’all got an Olive Garden and/or an Applebee’s near the stadium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_zuB-ogIBw

Sitting Bull
July 21st, 2022, 11:51 AM
Y’all got an Olive Garden’s and/or an Applebee’s near the stadium?

No, other than a few sports bars across from the stadium, most of the dining and lodging is a bit pricey these days.

The locations our Delaware friends mention and I assume flock to are about 5 miles outside Williamsburg, actually Toano. That’s where you will find your economy options.

MR. CHICKEN
July 21st, 2022, 11:54 AM

.....AH OWNLAH...NEEDED....TA SEE DUH STOCKADE/BLACKSMITH SHOP/HAND HELD LOOM........ANCIENT FARM IMPLEMENTS & TOOLS....ONCE.....YAW GOT UH CELL PHONE TOWER?.........BRAWK!

Sitting Bull
July 21st, 2022, 11:59 AM
.....AH OWNLAH...NEEDED....TA SEE DUH STOCKADE/BLACKSMITH SHOP/HAND HELD LOOM........ANCIENT FARM IMPLEMENTS & TOOLS....ONCE.....YAW GOT UH CELL PHONE TOWER?.........BRAWK!

ThatÂ’s typically the big draw for the older set from the Northeast. Sounds like your thing.

caribbeanhen
July 21st, 2022, 02:29 PM
Sitting Bull, I’m an open book and I think you mentioned some places to Eat/visit in your CoC post...

Anyone want to take a stab at the order of finish in the CAA this year?

Sitting Bull
July 21st, 2022, 03:11 PM
Sitting Bull, I’m an open book and I think you mentioned some places to Eat/visit in your CoC post...

if you’re asking for dining recommendations, I’m not sure I’m a good source. I love Paul’s across from Zable. If you get there early enough, they have great subs (order a hot Holly). The beers are always cold there, it’s crowded but very friendly, the martinis I think are weak (BOOO!!) and the atmosphere is fun. They also run the College Deli next store. Very good but if you aren’t in there two hours before kickoff, you won’t get a seat. I like Dog Street Tavern right on Merchants Square (better bartenders and you can still stagger to and from Zable). It tries and is more serious and they have a pretty big bar. You can walk through campus which leaves only one block where the cops might nab you for public drunkenness (they won’t, it’s too crowded and so many older people are just meandering aimlessly). So many other places have popped up right in Merchants Square area. and behind Sorority Court. I’m not sure. They keep shushing me off because I don’t have a reservation. For lodging, I love the Williamsburg Lodge. It’s classy but affordable and you can walk anywhere, Zable included. Reserve now if interested because Delaware is homecoming weekend.

On the CAA order, I have NO clue. I have a feeling W&M might be quite good, that’s about it. We seem to have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I love Yoder! A beast. Richmond of course will be annoying. Towson too. Villanova will be overrated. Someone north of Six Flags NJ will do better than expected. So will Elon. I’m not scared of URI. The CAA will be stronger overall than some might expect. That’s all I’m picking up so far without bleeding from my nose.

Labor Day weekend will be fun, a good first barometer. I’m so excited for our first game at Charlotte.

caribbeanhen
July 21st, 2022, 03:48 PM
if you’re asking for dining recommendations, I’m not sure I’m a good source. I love Paul’s across from Zable. If you get there early enough, they have great subs (order a hot Holly). The beers are always cold there, it’s crowded but very friendly, the martinis I think are weak (BOOO!!) and the atmosphere is fun. They also run the College Deli next store. Very good but if you aren’t in there two hours before kickoff, you won’t get a seat. I like Dog Street Tavern right on Merchants Square (better bartenders and you can still stagger to and from Zable). It tries and is more serious and they have a pretty big bar. You can walk through campus which leaves only one block where the cops might nab you for public drunkenness (they won’t, it’s too crowded and so many older people are just meandering aimlessly). So many other places have popped up right in Merchants Square area. and behind Sorority Court. I’m not sure. They keep shushing me off because I don’t have a reservation. For lodging, I love the Williamsburg Lodge. It’s classy but affordable and you can walk anywhere, Zable included. Reserve now if interested because Delaware is homecoming weekend.

On the CAA order, I have NO clue. I have a feeling W&M might be quite good, that’s about it. We seem to have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I love Yoder! A beast. Richmond of course will be annoying. Towson too. Villanova will be overrated. Someone north of Six Flags NJ will do better than expected. So will Elon. I’m not scared of URI. The CAA will be stronger overall than some might expect. That’s all I’m picking up so far without bleeding from my nose.

Labor Day weekend will be fun, a good first barometer. I’m so excited for our first game at Charlotte.

Outstanding stuff! Thanks

I agree with you on the CAA being better than most are giving credit for. Good luck against Charlotte

aceinthehole
July 21st, 2022, 07:46 PM

I'll second the Williamsburg Lodge - great property, I love it.

Also, not necessarily for pre-game meal, but I think Blue Talon Cafe in Market Square is fantastic. A French bistro where everything is great, but I recommend the meatloaf - one of the best I've ever had.

KPSUL
July 22nd, 2022, 09:16 PM

I agree with you on the CAA being better than most are giving credit for. Good luck against Charlotte

Up until this post, caribbeanhen = most. Glad to see you're coming to your senses!

The Boogie Down
July 23rd, 2022, 03:33 AM
Up until this post, caribbeanhen = most. Glad to see you're coming to your senses!

In that case I agree w/caribbeanhen prior to the last post. To me the new CAA has that watered-down, new AAC feel to it now. Whole bunch of "who?" type additions. I'm surprised everyone else seems so optimistic but we'll see.

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2022, 06:00 AM
In that case I agree w/caribbeanhen prior to the last post. To me the new CAA has that watered-down, new AAC feel to it now. Whole bunch of "who?" type additions. I'm surprised everyone else seems so optimistic but we'll see.

I hear you on this, I’ve been down on the CAA for a bit but even a watered down CAA is still pretty tasty when you look at the other weaker FCS conferences and theirs too many to mention. The MVFC, they are the best and have been for to long, but after that?

I would say the improving Southern Conference is close if not equal to the CAA, and the Big Sky is overrated, but now that JMU is gone the Montanas will at least have a better chance. Too bad there’s not many good SoCo /CAA match ups to prove it. (FuBear will provide us with a sermon ... a Wofford Hail Mary ...Wait for it)

ASun/Wac and Southland ? Anybody even know who’s in these conferences anymore ? A few good teams left but top to bottom not as good as the CAA is right now. North Carolina A&T comes in next year and the CAA gets stronger

So Yes, lots of water surrounding Hampton, but just because they dilute the CAA with brackish swamp land, it doesn’t mean any CAA team gets worse.

FUBeAR
July 23rd, 2022, 08:12 AM
I hear you on this, I’ve been down on the CAA for a bit but even a watered down CAA is still pretty tasty when you look at the other weaker FCS conferences and theirs too many to mention. The MVFC, they are the best and have been for to long, but after that?

I would say the improving Southern Conference is close if not equal to the CAA, and the Big Sky is overrated, but now that JMU is gone the Montanas will at least have a better chance. Too bad there’s not many good SoCo /CAA match ups to prove it. (FuBear will provide us with a sermon ... a Wofford Hail Mary ...Wait for it)

ASun/Wac and Southland ? Anybody even know who’s in these conferences anymore ? A few good teams left but top to bottom not as good as the CAA is right now. North Carolina A&T comes in next year and the CAA gets stronger

So Yes, lots of water surrounding Hampton, but just because they dilute the CAA with brackish swamp land, it doesn’t mean any CAA team gets worse.
Do you need a sermon to realize & acknowledge that water is wet?

The By-FAR WORST Team in the SoCon is clearly better than the 2nd best remaining Team in the CAA. This was proven on the field. If Conference A’s worst is better than Conference B’s near best, the only legitimate conclusion can be that Conference A is far better than Conference B.

These are facts. All else is superfluous words of opinion trying to support a baseless narrative equivalent to the statement that “water is not wet.”

And the people said, “AMEN!”

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2022, 08:44 AM
Do you need a sermon to realize & acknowledge that water is wet?

The By-FAR WORST Team in the SoCon is clearly better than the 2nd best remaining Team in the CAA. This was proven on the field. If Conference A’s worst is better than Conference B’s near best, the only legitimate conclusion can be that Conference A is far better than Conference B.

These are facts. All else is superfluous words of opinion trying to support a baseless narrative equivalent to the statement that “water is not wet.”

And the people said, “AMEN!”

It’s 2022, that one hit wonder blasphemous Elon sermon has run its course Pastor

Is that game on the schedule again this year? I pray that it is

MR. CHICKEN
July 23rd, 2022, 09:02 AM
9/10 ELON @ WOFFORD

FUBeAR
July 23rd, 2022, 09:19 AM
It’s 2022, that one hit wonder blasphemous Elon sermon has run its course Pastor

Is that game on the schedule again this year? I pray that it is
Hearing the sermon with your heart has led to your prayers being answered.

Your 2nd best CAA Team will, once again, repeat their futile quest to defeat the SoCon’s WORST Team.

Elon University (http://www.elonphoenix.com/) Sep 10 (Sat), 2022 Spartanburg, S.C. Gibbs Stadium (https://woffordterriers.com/facilities/?id=1) 6:00 PM
ESPN+ | Wofford Digital Radio | Live Stats (http://www.sidearmstats.com/wofford/football) | History (https://woffordterriers.com/sports/football/opponent-history/elon-university/16)

Season

vs.
Current 2nd best CAA Team

Score

Elon, N.C.
W
24 - 22

Spartanburg, S.C.
W
19 - 7

Spartanburg, S.C.
W
31 - 27

Elon, NC
W
49 - 24

Spartanburg, S.C.
W
48 - 28

Elon, N.C.
W
28 - 21

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2022, 10:26 AM
9/10 ELON @ WOFFORD

Good deal

I take it this is the only CAA SoCo matchup this regular season?

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2022, 10:28 AM

Your 2nd best CAA Team will, once again, repeat their futile quest to defeat the SoCon’s WORST Team.

Elon University (http://www.elonphoenix.com/) Sep 10 (Sat), 2022 Spartanburg, S.C. Gibbs Stadium (https://woffordterriers.com/facilities/?id=1) 6:00 PM
ESPN+ | Wofford Digital Radio | Live Stats (http://www.sidearmstats.com/wofford/football) | History (https://woffordterriers.com/sports/football/opponent-history/elon-university/16)

Season

vs.

Score

Elon, N.C.
W
24 - 22

Spartanburg, S.C.
W
19 - 7

Spartanburg, S.C.
W
31 - 27

Elon, NC
W
49 - 24

Spartanburg, S.C.
W
48 - 28

Elon, N.C.
W
28 - 21

If Elon is the second best team in the CAA then we have big problems, but not many people are thinking they are

KPSUL
July 23rd, 2022, 10:47 AM

Season

vs.

Score

Elon, N.C.
W
24 - 22

Spartanburg, S.C.
W
19 - 7

Spartanburg, S.C.
W
31 - 27

Elon, NC
W
49 - 24

Spartanburg, S.C.
W
48 - 28

Elon, N.C.
W
28 - 21

four of your six game sample (2010-2013) Elon was not in the CAA, I think they were SOCON. I know this because I was at Elon's 1st ever CAA game in 2014 when UNH visited Rhodes Stadium. 2010-2012, Wofford was at the top of the SOCON and went at least to the 2nd round of the playoffs each year - and this was a SOCON that still included Georgia So, and App State. The 2018 season Wofford was tied for #1 in the SOCON and was ranked 12th in FCS when they lost a 2nd round playoff game to Kennesaw. And in 2021, Elon finished a distant 3rd, not 2nd. Elon had a conf record of 5-3 and was significantly closer in quality to the 5 teams that finished 4-4 than they were to 7-1 (CAA Record) Villanova and JMU. So out of 12 data points (season standings for the two teams over 6 games) ONE data point you present, Wofford's 2021 record, is the only one that is accurate.

FUBeAR
July 23rd, 2022, 10:54 AM
If Elon is the second best team in the CAA then we have big problems, but not many people are thinking they are
FUBeAR don’t see where there’s any “IF” about it, the Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians proved it on the field. Why do you want to take away what they earned?

CAA Most Recent Football Standings (returning 2022 Teams)

Rank
SCHOOL
CONF
CPCT.

Villanova (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2728)
7-1

Elon (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2718)
5-3

Rhode Island (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2722)
4-4

Maine (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2720)
4-4

Richmond (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2723)
4-4

William & Mary (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2726)
4-4

Stony Brook (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2724)
4-4

Delaware (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2717)
3-5

Towson (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2725)
3-5

New Hampshire (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2721)
2-6

UAlbany (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2727)
1-7

FUBeAR
July 23rd, 2022, 10:56 AM
four of your six game sample (2010-2013) Elon was not in the CAA, I think they were SOCON. I know this because I was at Elon's 1st ever CAA game in 2014 when UNH visited Rhodes Stadium. 2010-2012, Wofford was at the top of the SOCON and went at least to the 2nd round of the playoffs each year - and this was a SOCON that still included Georgia So, and App State. The 2018 season Wofford was tied for #1 in the SOCON and was ranked 12th when they lost a 2nd round playoff game to Kennesaw. And in 2021, Elon finished a distant 3rd, not 2nd. Elon had a conf record of 5-3 and was significantly closer in quality to the 5 teams that finished 4-4 than they were to 7-1 (CAA Record) Villanova and JMU. So out of 12 data points (season standings for the two teams over 6 games) ONE data point you present, Wofford's 2021 record, is the only one that is accurate.
So many qualifying words trying to take away Elon’s earned status. It’s just shameful.

Speaking of words, please note the use of the word “current” in the post you quoted. That eliminated the need for the 1st half of your post.

KPSUL
July 23rd, 2022, 11:14 AM
So many qualifying words trying to take away Elon’s earned status. It’s just shameful.

Speaking of words, please note the use of the word “current” in the post you quoted. That eliminated the need for the 1st half of your post.

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2022, 11:56 AM
FUBeAR don’t see where there’s any “IF” about it, the Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians proved it on the field. Why do you want to take away what they earned?

CAA Most Recent Football Standings (returning 2022 Teams)

Rank
SCHOOL
CONF
CPCT.

Villanova (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2728)
7-1

Elon (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2718)
5-3

Rhode Island (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2722)
4-4

Maine (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2720)
4-4

Richmond (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2723)
4-4

William & Mary (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2726)
4-4

Stony Brook (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2724)
4-4

Delaware (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2717)
3-5

Towson (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2725)
3-5

New Hampshire (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2721)
2-6

UAlbany (https://caasports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=2727)
1-7

nobody is picking Elon at number 2 in the CAA is my Satchel Paige don’t look back forward looking point

FUBeAR
July 23rd, 2022, 12:06 PM
nobody is picking Elon at number 2 in the CAA is my Satchel Paige don’t look back forward looking point
Your preference for pure conjecture over actual facts is somewhat atypical. On the other hand, one could view this condition as having faith or projecting optimism, which are viewed, generally, as appealing qualities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0

Sitting Bull
July 23rd, 2022, 12:36 PM
FWIW, the longest current non conference win streak in FCS is W&M over VMI, now at 25 games.

FUBeAR
July 23rd, 2022, 12:51 PM
FWIW, the longest current non conference win streak in FCS is W&M over VMI, now at 25 games.
How many of those 25 have come after the SoCon deemed that VMI had (or would soon) become good enough to leave a lesser conference and rejoin the SoCon in 2014?

If FUBeAR is not mistaken, the answer to that query is exactly the same number of wins that the Team that beat the CAA’s 2nd best returning Team had vs. SoCon Teams last season.
https://c.tenor.com/ncsocogYfJ0AAAAd/zero-none.gif

Sitting Bull
July 23rd, 2022, 02:45 PM
17 came with VMI representing the So Con.
W&M has gone 33-12 against the So Con since leaving in 1976.

What is Furmans record against the CAA?

FUBeAR
July 23rd, 2022, 03:23 PM
17 came with VMI representing the So Con.
W&M has gone 33-12 against the So Con since leaving in 1976.

What is Furmans record against the CAA?
Looks like Furman is 2-0 in the Playoffs vs. CAA Teams since 2006.

Sitting Bull
July 23rd, 2022, 03:45 PM
Looks like Furman is 2-0 in the Playoffs vs. CAA Teams since 2006.

The correct answer is 2-4 vs CAA in the playoffs. And 1-2 against Elon as a CAA member (ouch).

No wonder you cling to a meaningless Wofford game. The pickings to make any point from the So Con perspective are quite slim. But you are persistent and add nice illustrations. That’s a plus!

Sitting Bull
July 23rd, 2022, 03:53 PM
Actually we have three So Con series upcoming on the W&M schedules, all great adds in my view: Wofford, VMI and Furman. I hope you can come visit for the game in Williamsburg. I’ve never been to Furman but would love to catch the game there.

Sitting Bull
July 23rd, 2022, 04:49 PM

Thanks, Carib! The first game always the most exciting. Best as well at Navy!

On the weekly pick ems, I will still plan on managing this year unless you or Mr. Chicken want to take the reigns? My plan is to put week 1 out there just after 8/15.

FUBeAR
July 23rd, 2022, 05:10 PM
Actually we have three So Con series upcoming on the W&M schedules, all great adds in my view: Wofford, VMI and Furman. I hope you can come visit for the game in Williamsburg. I’ve never been to Furman but would love to catch the game there.
Despite your annoying habit of prattling off meaningless, spurious, ancient, irrelevant, and likely inaccurate statistics, you really should come down to Greenville in 2025. Greenville is truly a GREAT city now (it was a dying mill town during FUBeAR’s tenure at FU). Easy to have a great time in GreenVegas these days regardless (almost) of how you might define a “great time.”

Also, we hired a (relatively) new AD from a small private school near Philly…no-name school, but FUBeAR thinks they have had some hoops success in the past. I mean, of course they lost to Furman when the Teams last met on the hardwoods up there, but that’s to be expected. Right?

Anyway, this new AD has really invigorated the GameDay experience at Paladin Stadium (borrowed a few successful things from Mercer, btw) and with the beauty of Furman’s campus on a fall day, the only way to have a better experience would be for The Tribe from the inferior CAA to win, but we know that’s unlikely. Make the trip and, Lord willing FUBeAR will still be kickin’, and will buy you a beer or 3 if you stop by the FFPA (Furman Football Players Association) Tailgate. It overlooks the Football Practice Fields on the Home Side of the Stadium - can’t miss it.

FUBeAR has already been to a game at W&M. It was a pretty big day for the Politically Incorrect Indians…or maybe they had already become the slightly less Politically Troublesome Tribe. Here’s some video of that big day in 1990…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv2r_kvkbgY

FUBeAR remembers it was a heckuva game and that W&M cheated somehow to just clip the Paladins by 10. Had a great time in W’Burg and everyone was very nice to us that day.

REALLY glad this upcoming series has been scheduled!

Sitting Bull
July 23rd, 2022, 05:51 PM
That is an awesome video and was a terrific game! I was also at the game sitting in the north end zone. And I will likely come to Furman, if not, will catch the game at Zable.

But really - annoying, meaningless, prattling. You’re describing yourself.

MR. CHICKEN
July 24th, 2022, 09:45 AM
Thanks, Carib! The first game always the most exciting. Best as well at Navy!

On the weekly pick ems, I will still plan on managing this year unless you or Mr. Chicken want to take the reigns? My plan is to put week 1 out there just after 8/15.

...NO THANKY........NOT MANAGEMENT MATERIAL......xsmhx......BRAWK!

Sitting Bull
July 24th, 2022, 10:16 AM
9/21/24: Furman @ W&M
8/30/25: W&M @ Furman

Outstanding OOC

MR. CHICKEN
July 24th, 2022, 10:32 AM

1.....VILLANOVA...........UNDER PADS TEE.....READS........."REPEAT"
2.....WM & MARY...........BREAKIN' DUH PLANE......WILL BE....TOUGHER......DAN......CROSSIN'....N. KOREAN BORDER
3.....RICHMOND...........IN LIEU UH GENERAL LEE......ARACHNIDS ERECT....STATUE UH HUESMAN
4.....DELAWARE...........WIDE RECEIVER U's......AMIGOS......TEST NEW BLUEHEN SCOREBOARD
5.....ELON...................PHOENIX HAVE TUFF DATE WHIFF OOC WOFFY......TASTE UH MONTANA STATE......IN CAROLINA
6.....STONY BROOK......SEA WOLVES OWN...A PROJECTED OPY....WILL RIDE TY SON LAWTON.....LIKE UH COMEDY CLUB HECKLER!
7.....RHODE ISLAND.....RB KEVIN BROWN RETURNS......MISSED ALL UH LAST SEASON....FORMER ALL CAA ROOKIE.....LOOKS TA CARRY RAMS!
8.....MONMOUTH..........QUESTION IS.....CAN MUSKET/FARRI..... ETAL.....HANDLE DUH GRIND
9.....MAINE................."DUH BEARS".......ORONO....CAN BE UH SCAREY PLACE......SOMETIMES!
10...TOWSON..............TIGERS.....ON CAA ENDANGERED LIST LATELY.........COACHIN' SEAT......SHOOD BE MUCH WARMER....
11...NEW HAMPSHIRE...FORMERLY....NEW ENGLAND's FINEST.....CAN SANTOS......BRING BACK DUH GLORY DAYS
12...ALBANY................GREAT DANES OFFENSE....ZIPPY AS UH BASSETT HOUND.....ON UH ARKANSAS FRONT PORCH
13...HAMPTON.............ARRGH!....PIRATE TALENT......THIN AS.....P.O.W. SOUP

KPSUL
July 24th, 2022, 12:09 PM

11...NEW HAMPSHIRE...FORMERLY....NEW ENGLAND's FINEST.....CAN SANTOS......BRING BACK DUH GLORY DAYS

At 11th, apparently you think not. However, nothing brings back frightening memories to the older Yard Birds fans than a UNH team running on the field led by Ricky Santos! Wishful thinking or short term memory loss Mr. Chicken?

MR. CHICKEN
July 24th, 2022, 12:42 PM
At 11th, apparently you think not. However, nothing brings back frightening memories to the older Yard Birds fans than a UNH team running on the field led by Ricky Santos! Wishful thinking or short term memory loss Mr. Chicken?

.....AAH!......BUT IT'S DUH HENS....WHOM NOW......HAVE DUH CARTY PLAYBOOK.......SEVERAL PAGES........UH HOOK 'N LADDERS......FUMBLEROOSKI'S........FAKE KICKS.....AN' ASSORTED WHACKY FORMATIONS.........OURAH PLAYERS CAIN'T PRACTICE...WHIFF UH STRAIGHT FACE......KNOWIN' DUH CORNFUSION..........COMIN' TA CAA LAND.............BRAWK!

TribeNomad1
July 24th, 2022, 01:21 PM

.....AAH!......BUT IT'S DUH HENS....WHOM NOW......HAVE DUH CARTY PLAYBOOK.......SEVERAL PAGES........UH HOOK 'N LADDERS......FUMBLEROOSKI'S........FAKE KICKS.....AN' ASSORTED WHACKY FORMATIONS.........OURAH PLAYERS CAIN'T PRACTICE...WHIFF UH STRAIGHT FACE......KNOWIN' DUH CORNFUSION..........COMIN' TA CAA LAND.............BRAWK!

What the Cluck? Sandbagging? Lots back and very upgraded WR’s thorough transfers?

KPSUL
July 25th, 2022, 08:30 AM

So I guess you would have preferred sticking with the coach C-Hen lovingly referred to as Rip Van Rocco ?

MR. CHICKEN
July 25th, 2022, 08:54 AM
So I guess you would have preferred sticking with the coach C-Hen lovingly referred to as Rip Van Rocco ?

....AH WAS SECOND IN LINE.......TA DUMP.....BROCCO........CARTY BRINGS ROCK 'N ROLL....TA NEW-ARK........LET US NO QUIBBLE...OVERAH DUH #11 SPOT........YOUSE COOD ACTUALLY....ZOOM....TA 9 OR 10.....IFIN' TOWSON TANKS........AWK!

caribbeanhen
July 25th, 2022, 09:00 AM

Rip Van Rocco would have been perfectly content to continue his 20 year nap in Newark, but luckily was sent packing back up to the foothills of Pennsylvania. Look how fast Carty hit the portal after being hired. That tells me he actually wants to win

KPSUL
July 25th, 2022, 09:44 PM
Rip Van Rocco would have been perfectly content to continue his 20 year nap in Newark, but luckily was sent packing back up to the foothills of Pennsylvania. Look how fast Carty hit the portal after being hired. That tells me he actually wants to win

No question he has been aggressive in using the portal, and you've gotten some good transfer players. Santos has brought in a handful of transfers in, mainly positions where additional depth was needed. But really, his basic team building philosophy does not seem much different than Coach Mac - the emphasis on retention and player mentoring and development. Although we expect that he will bring a fresh enthusiasm and confidence to the team which was lacking the last 2 of 3 full seasons.

It should be a fun season, tons of optimism in the CAA - everyone thinks their team will be strong or at least stronger, this season. And that includes me. But obviously some of us will be disappointed come November.

KPSUL
July 25th, 2022, 09:52 PM

....AH WAS SECOND IN LINE.......TA DUMP.....BROCCO........CARTY BRINGS ROCK 'N ROLL....TA NEW-ARK........LET US NO QUIBBLE...OVERAH DUH #11 SPOT........YOUSE COOD ACTUALLY....ZOOM....TA 9 OR 10.....IFIN' TOWSON TANKS........AWK!

Second in line? Sounds like Ryan Carty's entire college playing and coaching career.

caribbeanhen
July 26th, 2022, 07:12 AM
No question he has been aggressive in using the portal, and you've gotten some good transfer players. Santos has brought in a handful of transfers in, mainly positions where additional depth was needed. But really, his basic team building philosophy does not seem much different than Coach Mac - the emphasis on retention and player mentoring and development. Although we expect that he will bring a fresh enthusiasm and confidence to the team which was lacking the last 2 of 3 full seasons.

It should be a fun season, tons of optimism in the CAA - everyone thinks their team will be strong or at least stronger, this season. And that includes me. But obviously some of us will be disappointed come November.

Retaining and mentoring players sounds good and is definitely a part of it but retaining, developing and building culture is always easier to do when you win and it’s talent first.

Talent wins and all the other intangibles will magically fall in place behind it.

So basically Ricky Santos better have some talent to go with “the New Hampshire way”

Dane96
July 26th, 2022, 05:30 PM
Thoughts on Albany. Four:

1- Breakout monster year, since Gattuso's ass is on the line.
2- Semi good year at 6-5 or 7-4, barely missing the playoffs and Gattuso will get his last year to see if he can be consistent.
3- Semi bad year, otherwise known as Gattuso's Tradition, and they will blame it on the game vs. Baylor that just took it out of the team.
4- **** year...and Gattuso is gone, they will find a way to pay his salary off.

I think 1 or 2 will occur.

KPSUL
July 26th, 2022, 07:07 PM

2- Semi good year at 6-5 or 7-4, barely missing the playoffs and Gattuso will get his last year to see if he can be consistent.
3- Semi bad year, otherwise known as Gattuso's Tradition, and they will blame it on the game vs. Baylor that just took it out of the team.

What happened to wide receivers Mike Gray and Tyler Oedekoven? Did Undercuffler graduate?

Sitting Bull
July 26th, 2022, 07:48 PM
I think your CAA schedule looks pretty favorable so possibly option 2 would be strong possibility.

UAalum72
July 26th, 2022, 08:54 PM
What happened to wide receivers Mike Gray and Tyler Oedekoven? Did Undercuffler graduate?
Portal. Undercuffler was supposed to have transferred to Akron but I don't see him on their roster. Gray and Oedekoven both graduated with eligibility remaining. Oedekoven is at William and Mary, Gray tweeted that he committed to Robert Morris but is not listed at this time.

centraljerseycat
July 27th, 2022, 11:19 AM

I wish Coach Carty well...although I surmise his last coaching memory at Delaware will be the same as Coaches Raymond, Keeler, Dottin-Carter and Rocco....a loss to Villanova in their final time coaching the Hens of course...

MR. CHICKEN
July 27th, 2022, 11:31 AM

....SORRAH SCOOBIE....96....BUT...SITTIN' BULL'S....SPREADIN' BULL......AH SEE TWO DUBBYAS....ON YER CUSP.....HAMPTON......&...MAYBEAH.....UCONN LITE.....AH'LL TOSS IN TWO UPSETS....AS RHODEY/STONY.....MISTAKE YA'S...FO' UH BREATHER......SO 4-7....IS MAH CALL........BOOK UH BUDGET RENTAL...FO' GATTUSO...TOWARDS END UH OCTOBER......HE'LL NO LONGER....BE NEEDED.......xwavex......BRAWK!!

caribbeanhen
July 27th, 2022, 11:55 AM
I wish Coach Carty well...although I surmise his last coaching memory at Delaware will be the same as Coaches Raymond, Keeler, Dottin-Carter and Rocco....a loss to Villanova in their final time coaching the Hens of course...

You slighted Brock...

Not sure you wanna bring Tubby into this either ...

KPSUL
July 27th, 2022, 02:29 PM
You slighted Brock...

Not sure you wanna bring Tubby into this either ...

Being the devoted student of Delaware football that I am, I went to my favorite football website, bluehens.com, and confirmed that a loss to Villanova clearly would not have been Dave Brock's last memory as the Delaware coach. He was fired on Sunday, Oct 16th a day after a loss to W&M in Williamsburg. A day that must certainly still be celebrated annually by Mr Chicken!

Dane96
July 27th, 2022, 04:05 PM
....SORRAH SCOOBIE....96....BUT...SITTIN' BULL'S....SPREADIN' BULL......AH SEE TWO DUBBYAS....ON YER CUSP.....HAMPTON......&...MAYBEAH.....UCONN LITE.....AH'LL TOSS IN TWO UPSETS....AS RHODEY/STONY.....MISTAKE YA'S...FO' UH BREATHER......SO 4-7....IS MAH CALL........BOOK UH BUDGET RENTAL...FO' GATTUSO...TOWARDS END UH OCTOBER......HE'LL NO LONGER....BE NEEDED.......xwavex......BRAWK!!

Don't think too many would be upset by the call to a UHAUL. However, 4-7 gets him is final year...me thinks.

Dane96
July 27th, 2022, 04:07 PM
I think your CAA schedule looks pretty favorable so possibly option 2 would be strong possibility.

Agreed...and that scares many of us.

KPSUL
July 27th, 2022, 04:43 PM
Agreed...and that scares many of us.

If you still had Undercuffler, Gray, Oedecoven and Mofor I'd say a solid 2. I know Albany picked up potentially good WRs, Two promising transfer QBs and a a running back from Pitt who looks like a Karl Mofor clone. But I just don't think G.G. is the guy to put that all together rapidly. So here's the doomsday scenario as I see it. Albany comes on pretty strong in the 2nd half of the season and does just well enough for G. G. to stay around for the 2023 season. (I'm glad we play you early in the season) In 2023 he finishes 7-4 and earns another contract extension.

MR. CHICKEN
July 27th, 2022, 09:05 PM
Don't think too many would be upset by the call to a UHAUL. However, 4-7 gets him is final year...me thinks.

......G-DANES....HAVE MO'.....PATIENCE.......DEN DUH HENS......WE CANNED ROCCO.....AFTERAH SEMI-FINAL SHOWIN'.......IN SPRING SEASON.........PLAY-OFFS...........AN' UH FLOUNDERIN'..... MIDDLE UH FALL.....FEW MONTHS LATER......BRAWK!

ps.....AH WAS BEIN' KIND.....CALLIN' TWO UPSETS.......DEY MAY NOT HAPPEN...xsmhx...AWK!

pss........AH'M OWNLAH KIDDIN'.......YER UH GOOD SPORT......BAWK!

Dane96
July 27th, 2022, 09:05 PM
If you still had Undercuffler, Gray, Oedecoven and Mofor I'd say a solid 2. I know Albany picked up potentially good WRs, Two promising transfer QBs and a a running back from Pitt who looks like a Karl Mofor clone. But I just don't think G.G. is the guy to put that all together rapidly. So here's the doomsday scenario as I see it. Albany comes on pretty strong in the 2nd half sof the season and does just well enough for G. G. to stay around for the 2023 season. I'm glad we play you early in the season) In 2023 he finishes 7-4 and earns another contract extension.

I dislike you right now because you’re likely close to 100% correct.

Tribe4SF
July 28th, 2022, 03:40 AM
If you still had Undercuffler, Gray, Oedecoven and Mofor I'd say a solid 2. I know Albany picked up potentially good WRs, Two promising transfer QBs and a a running back from Pitt who looks like a Karl Mofor clone. But I just don't think G.G. is the guy to put that all together rapidly. So here's the doomsday scenario as I see it. Albany comes on pretty strong in the 2nd half of the season and does just well enough for G. G. to stay around for the 2023 season. (I'm glad we play you early in the season) In 2023 he finishes 7-4 and earns another contract extension.

Don't forget the defensive side where the Danes lost their best player Jared Verse.

caribbeanhen
July 28th, 2022, 06:21 AM
Being the devoted student of Delaware football that I am, I went to my favorite football website, bluehens.com, and confirmed that a loss to Villanova clearly would not have been Dave Brock's last memory as the Delaware coach. He was fired on Sunday, Oct 16th a day after a loss to W&M in Williamsburg. A day that must certainly still be celebrated annually by Mr Chicken!

right but Dave Brock should not be ignored by fans when doing a hit job on Hens coaches, he was the worst

Sitting Bull
July 28th, 2022, 06:59 AM

Throwback Thursday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyc_qBt46S4&feature=youtu.be

caribbeanhen
July 28th, 2022, 08:29 AM
2022 preseason Poll

CAA (https://caasports.com/news/2022/7/27/villanova-picked-to-win-caa-football-championship-in-2022.aspx)
1. Villanova (16) 270
2. Delaware (7) 235
3. Rhode Island 224
4. Richmond 219
5. William & Mary (2) 206
6. Elon (1) 191
7. Stony Brook 151
8. Maine 134
9. New Hampshire 117
10. Monmouth 105
11. Towson 81
12. UAlbany 64
13. Hampton 31

Elon with one first place vote confirms FuBeAR has a vote in this poll

FUBeAR
July 28th, 2022, 09:08 AM
2022 preseason Poll

CAA (https://caasports.com/news/2022/7/27/villanova-picked-to-win-caa-football-championship-in-2022.aspx)
1. Villanova (16) 270
2. Delaware (7) 235
3. Rhode Island 224
4. Richmond 219
6. Elon (1) 191
7. Stony Brook 151
8. Maine 134
9. New Hampshire 117
10. Monmouth 105
11. Towson 81
12. UAlbany 64
13. Hampton 31

”You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to caribbeanhen again.”

Nah…FUBeAR woulda put the Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians in the spot they deserve, the spot they earned on the field … 2nd…unless Wofford moved to the CAA. Then, they would drop to #3.

caribbeanhen
July 28th, 2022, 09:13 AM
”You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to caribbeanhen again.”

Nah…FUBeAR woulda put the Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians in the spot they deserve, the spot they earned on the field … 2nd…unless Wofford moved to the CAA. Then, they would drop to #3.

biggest OOC game of the season is Elon at Wofford

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 28th, 2022, 10:16 AM
Not much of a surprise here, maybe Rhody picked 3rd but chances are slim, we all know these predictions rarely are close to reality. My takeaways according to previous comments-
1)Gattuso is gone at Albany, #4 prediction occurs according to Dane96
2)Rhody some how beats Maine, has only happened once in 20 years
3)Monmouth undergoes a CAA learning factor

MR. CHICKEN
July 28th, 2022, 10:43 AM
Mr C, you picked Rhode Island 7th

My predictions would align closer to yours, I think yours are better than the CAA coaches poll

WELL DUH CAA COACHES...PREDICTIONS....OPENED MAH EYES....WASN'T AWARE UH TALENT ON O LINE....AN' JES' LOOKED AT SKED...DIS AM........AWK!

KPSUL
July 28th, 2022, 01:47 PM
2022 preseason Poll

1. Villanova (16) 270
2. Delaware (7) 235
3. Rhode Island 224
4. Richmond 219
6. Elon (1) 191
7. Stony Brook 151
8. Maine 134
9. New Hampshire 117
10. Monmouth 105
11. Towson 81
12. UAlbany 64
13. Hampton 31

Looks about right to me - the top 1/2 anyway. I ranked 4 CAA teams in the AGS Preseason, from the top in order: Villanova, Delaware, URI and W&M.

URI had a good O-Line last year, all of them young and should be back this season. QB Kasim Hill is back. Kevin Brown is back from injury at RB and their 1000+ all purpose back, Jaylen Smith is also. WR is probably the only position they didn't return all the offensive starters, WR Ivory Frimpong is a significant loss. Having said all that URI was a bit inconsistent last year and lost 3 of their last 4 conference games which is why they probably didn't make the playoffs at 7-4.

MUHAWKS
July 28th, 2022, 05:28 PM
It is going to be so much fun watching everyone be shocked that there will be no learning curve for my Hawks.. I say this with all due respect b/c I have always liked all The CAA fans on here and it is an honor for us to now be a part of it. So this is not an attempt to make myself enemies (could not stand one of the outspoken Kennesaw guys) but I really honestly believe we have a shot to not only finish in the top 3-4 with a 5-3 or 6-2 league record, but maybe even win the whole thing and make the playoffs.

Before I get ***** on as I know our showing against JMU in the 2019 playoffs was not good, pls understand that I do watch a lot of football (other than MU) and am familiar with almost every team. Every year is different but it just strikes me that even Nova and Delaware are not like unbeatable powerhouses where a lesser team would need luck and more (as a JMU was most years).

We beat a decent playoff Albany team in 2019, and although it was moons ago we did beat Nova in our 1 matchup. We competed well with maine as well many moons ago. Not saying this means much but I just think The CAA style suits us better. I understand may team are on the rise and everyone thinks they are good, but I love being basically an after thought.

In the stuff I watch it seems the CAA comes down to winning close games ad doing the little things well. Sure there are some blowouts, but for the most part it seems like a week to week league with a lot of parity. I feel like we have just as much chance to beat Nova or Maine as we do to lose to Albany or Towson. Maybe I am just biased but Most of our players are guys who were offered by CAA schools and Similar.

The margin of error between 4-7 and 8-3 is not much it seems. But we have a lot of talent and some solid incoming guys, plus tons of leadership and continuity of our coaching staff. On tp of it we have the experience of getting mauled by JMU and knowing what it takes. This may sound like a reach but last year really ended up being good for us (underachieving) and the guys that remain I think know what it takes. If we are just that far off talent and depth wise I need to be shown that b/c I do no see it. Hopefully this will not be a case where we compete very well and lose close games and guys are like "whatever MUHAWKs " at the end but I truly feel we can win The CAA in year 1.

- - - Updated - - -

It is going to be so much fun watching everyone be shocked that there will be no learning curve for my Hawks.. I say this with all due respect b/c I have always liked all The CAA fans on here and it is an honor for us to now be a part of it. So this is not an attempt to make myself enemies (could not stand one of the outspoken Kennesaw guys) but I really honestly believe we have a shot to not only finish in the top 3-4 with a 5-3 or 6-2 league record, but maybe even win the whole thing and make the playoffs.

Before I get ***** on as I know our showing against JMU in the 2019 playoffs was not good, pls understand that I do watch a lot of football (other than MU) and am familiar with almost every team. Every year is different but it just strikes me that even Nova and Delaware are not like unbeatable powerhouses where a lesser team would need luck and more (as a JMU was most years).

We beat a decent playoff Albany team in 2019, and although it was moons ago we did beat Nova in our 1 matchup. We competed well with maine as well many moons ago. Not saying this means much but I just think The CAA style suits us better. I understand may team are on the rise and everyone thinks they are good, but I love being basically an after thought.

In the stuff I watch it seems the CAA comes down to winning close games ad doing the little things well. Sure there are some blowouts, but for the most part it seems like a week to week league with a lot of parity. I feel like we have just as much chance to beat Nova or Maine as we do to lose to Albany or Towson. Maybe I am just biased but Most of our players are guys who were offered by CAA schools and Similar.

The margin of error between 4-7 and 8-3 is not much it seems. But we have a lot of talent and some solid incoming guys, plus tons of leadership and continuity of our coaching staff. On tp of it we have the experience of getting mauled by JMU and knowing what it takes. This may sound like a reach but last year really ended up being good for us (underachieving) and the guys that remain I think know what it takes. If we are just that far off talent and depth wise I need to be shown that b/c I do no see it. Hopefully this will not be a case where we compete very well and lose close games and guys are like "whatever MUHAWKs " at the end but I truly feel we can win The CAA in year 1.

FUBeAR
July 28th, 2022, 05:35 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Heck yeah! If Wofford could nearly run the CAA table, no reason to think your Hawks can’t do the same!

KPSUL
July 28th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Heck yeah! If Wofford could nearly run the CAA table, no reason to think your Hawks can’t do the same!

Let's hear what Russ Huesman, who has been a head coach in both the CAA and SOCON says about the relative level of competitiveness

https://twitter.com/i/status/1552689279133941760

FUBeAR
July 28th, 2022, 09:18 PM
Let's hear what Russ Huesman, who has been a head coach in both the CAA and SOCON says about the relative level of competitiveness

https://twitter.com/i/status/1552689279133941760LOL - Let’s also listen in as his current wife asks him for his thoughts about his ex-wife. Those comments should be equally as candid and informative. xlolx

*also…for the sake of accuracy, there was only 1 SoCon Team that spanned his full tenure Coaching in the SoCon, not “3 or 4,” as claimed, that Coach Huesman could “look ahead at the beginning of the season and know” (accurately) that his Chattanooga Teams could “get.” That was Western Carolina. All other SoCon Teams that faced his Chatt Teams during each of his years as the HC ‘got’ his Team at least once. Maybe he was ‘counting those chickens’ before they showed their feathers, but if he was…he ended up with some egg on his face.

caribbeanhen
July 29th, 2022, 06:02 AM
“But we’ve firmly planted ourselves along with the Missouri Valley as the top two conferences. I think we are the SEC and the Big Ten of FCS football. And a part of that has been the best teams in the south and the east moving on. That has weakened those leagues a bit”

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2022-anonymous-big-sky-head-coaches-bzbz/

This is a quote from anonymous big sky Coach

just thought it was interesting enough to put here

Gangtackle11
July 29th, 2022, 01:30 PM
Nice to see Nova on top of the preseason poll, but it means very little imho.

Nova lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball and have a new QB taking the reigns.

I think there are a couple of teams that look better to me than the Cats.

We’ll see how it plays out very soon.

xpeacex

caribbeanhen
July 29th, 2022, 01:57 PM
Nice to see Nova on top of the preseason poll, but it means very little imho.

Nova lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball and have a new QB taking the reigns.

I think there are a couple of teams that look better to me than the Cats.

We’ll see how it plays out very soon.

xpeacex

who is the favorite for the QB job?

Ortega?

as far as teams looking better I would guess in no particular order

Delaware
Richmond
William & Mary

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 30th, 2022, 11:53 AM
who is the favorite for the QB job?

Ortega?

as far as teams looking better I would guess in no particular order

Delaware
Richmond
William & Mary

Maine has the potential to be at the top handling W&M easily and without the goal line fumble against the hens could have had a W. Winning 5 of our last 6 and only graduating 6 certianly gives cause for optimism.

caribbeanhen
July 30th, 2022, 12:31 PM
Maine has the potential to be at the top handling W&M easily and without the goal line fumble against the hens could have had a W. Winning 5 of our last 6 and only graduating 6 certianly gives cause for optimism.

No big argument from me. Was a nice finish indeed last year and the CAA is as wide open as Flo on a Saturday night

Please tell us more about the team

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 30th, 2022, 01:26 PM
My pleasure to post about Maine and why fans optimistic on the season.
Maine returns both QBs with the starting Joe Fagnano and backup Derek Robertson who did a great filling in when Fagnano was hurt. Having a 2nd string QB is a must for success as almost every team loses their QB at some pont during the season.
WR's have pretty good experience with Randy Moss's kid Montigo as well as Michael Monios and Jacob Hennie getting most of the attention. Just signed a BC 2 season starter Kobay White but he has missed the last 2 seasons due to injury.
A playoff spot is certainly in the cards for first year coach Jordan Stevens who is a Mainer and former all conference LB and former DC for Yale. Stevens is the first UMaine graduate to be HC since long time HC Jack Cosgrove. I realize now that winning with a first year HC is more difficult, ie Harasmiak to Charlton in 2019 when we were #5 preseason in FCS and the season went to crap real fast when we lost defensive captain and then QB Ferguson to injury. Fagnano was the QB who stepped in as a freshmen and kept the position causing Fergie to transfer to Towson and then Liberty. I 'm thinking Stevens has more experience than Charlton and being a Mainer he knows what it takes to be successful at UMaine.

MUHAWKS
July 30th, 2022, 03:03 PM
Wow just looked at Albany's results from last year- Other than the season finale against Stony Brook they were very much in every CAA game, like very very close. I know I know if the Queen had a d*ck she would be the King, but really goes to show how much parity there is and how thin the margin for error is. You can be a "good" FCS team and be 4-7 overall playing in the CAA. That included one score losses to Nova, Delaware, Maine W&M and URI.. And Albany is "supposed" to be bad. Guess I have no major point other than when you strip out JMU, tons of teams can make case for tops and most can make the case for being very relevant.

caribbeanhen
July 30th, 2022, 04:01 PM
My pleasure to post about Maine and why fans optimistic on the season.
Maine returns both QBs with the starting Joe Fagnano and backup Derek Robertson who did a great filling in when Fagnano was hurt. Having a 2nd string QB is a must for success as almost every team loses their QB at some pont during the season.
WR's have pretty good experience with Randy Moss's kid Montigo as well as Michael Monios and Jacob Hennie getting most of the attention. Just signed a BC 2 season starter Kobay White but he has missed the last 2 seasons due to injury.
A playoff spot is certainly in the cards for first year coach Jordan Stevens who is a Mainer and former all conference LB and former DC for Yale. Stevens is the first UMaine graduate to be HC since long time HC Jack Cosgrove. I realize now that winning with a first year HC is more difficult, ie Harasmiak to Charlton in 2019 when we were #5 preseason in FCS and the season went to crap real fast when we lost defensive captain and then QB Ferguson to injury. Fagnano was the QB who stepped in as a freshmen and kept the position causing Fergie to transfer to Towson and then Liberty. I 'm thinking Stevens has more experience than Charlton and being a Mainer he knows what it takes to be successful at UMaine.

thanks for the excellent overview on Maine

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 30th, 2022, 10:08 PM
Wow just looked at Albany's results from last year- Other than the season finale against Stony Brook they were very much in every CAA game, like very very close. I know I know if the Queen had a d*ck she would be the King, but really goes to show how much parity there is and how thin the margin for error is. You can be a "good" FCS team and be 4-7 overall playing in the CAA. That included one score losses to Nova, Delaware, Maine W&M and URI.. And Albany is "supposed" to be bad. Guess I have no major point other than when you strip out JMU, tons of teams can make case for tops and most can make the case for being very relevant.

Would agree with MUHAWK that I as much I am optimisitc that Maine can be a playoff team I also know a losing record is a possibility with a few injuries and the bounce of the ball. The parity in this league is very good and with out JMU it is a free for all. One thing Maine has been lacking is discipline as Maine has the lead the league in penalties way to often. Coach has said this will be area that will be addressed and have every reason to believe it will.

MR. CHICKEN
July 31st, 2022, 09:29 AM

.....GOT MAH E-TICKETS.....THURSDAY........'NOTHERAH YEAR IN WHICH DUH SPACE AGE METHOD........IS EMPLOYED.........PRINT 'EM/SCAN 'EM........&.....WHEN PAIRED....WHFF YOU-DEE COVID POLICY HEALTH CHECK.......IT GETS ME INTA SECTION J........HOWEVERAH......DIS SEASON'S....HOME SKEDDY.......IS AS BORIN'........AS HIGHSKOOL BIOLOGY.....('CEPT WHEN REPRODUCTION....WAS DUH SUBJECT & GIGGLES FROM DUH CHIPPIES...DID BRING RELIEF).....SO HERE IT IS.......TRY NOT TA NOD OUT:

9/10........DELAWARE STATE.......IT'S BE KIND TA HORNETS NIGHT.......AN' DELAWARE.....WON'T SHOW UP...DUH SLOWER LOWERS...........WE HONE DUH GROUND GAME.........24-6

9/24........HAMPTON.............PIRATES.....WHITE FLAG...UH-WAVIN'......HENS RIP DUH JOLLY ROGER TA SHREDS........54-0

10/1........TOWSON.......TOOTHLESS FELINES........HAVE NO ALLEY CAT...FO' DUH.PECKERHEADS.........35-17

10/22......MORGAN STATE.....YOGI @ QB.....AN' B00-B00 @ LINEBACKER....."DUH BEARS"......PUT UP 'NOTHERAH SNOOZER......DIS IS ENTERTAINMENT???.........41-7

11/5........MONMOUTH.......JERSEY BOYS...WHIFF SCUFFED HELMETS....&...TATTERED UNIS....LIMP INTA NEWARK.....CHICKEN HAS.....ONE EYE OPEN.......17-9
11/12......RICHMOND...NOW WE'RE TALKIN'.....TUBBY FIELD IS COLD & RAW.....BREEZY & DRIZZLE...ARACHNIDS BRING DUH HEAT......DIS ONES...FO' UH DANCE DUCAT........35-32....2OT's xhurrayx

BRAWK!

Sitting Bull
July 31st, 2022, 10:08 AM

.....GOT MAH E-TICKETS.....THURSDAY........'NOTHERAH YEAR IN WHICH DUH SPACE AGE METHOD........IS EMPLOYED.........PRINT 'EM/SCAN 'EM........&.....WHEN PAIRED....WHFF YOU-DEE COVID POLICY HEALTH CHECK.......IT GETS ME INTA SECTION J........HOWEVERAH......DIS SEASON'S....HOME SKEDDY.......IS AS BORIN'........AS HIGHSKOOL BIOLOGY.....('CEPT WHEN REPRODUCTION....WAS DUH SUBJECT & GIGGLES FROM DUH CHIPPIES...DID BRING RELIEF).....SO HERE IT IS.......TRY NOT TA NOD OUT:

9/10........DELAWARE STATE.......IT'S BE KIND TA HORNETS NIGHT.......AN' DELAWARE.....WON'T SHOW UP...DUH SLOWER LOWERS...........WE HONE DUH GROUND GAME.........24-6

9/24........HAMPTON.............PIRATES.....WHITE FLAG...UH-WAVIN'......HENS RIP DUH JOLLY ROGER TA SHREDS........54-0

10/1........TOWSON.......TOOTHLESS FELINES........HAVE NO ALLEY CAT...FO' DUH.PECKERHEADS.........35-17

10/22......MORGAN STATE.....YOGI @ QB.....AN' B00-B00 @ LINEBACKER....."DUH BEARS"......PUT UP 'NOTHERAH SNOOZER......DIS IS ENTERTAINMENT???.........41-7

11/5........MONMOUTH.......JERSEY BOYS...WHIFF SCUFFED HELMETS....&...TATTERED UNIS....LIMP INTA NEWARK.....CHICKEN HAS.....ONE EYE OPEN.......17-9
11/12......RICHMOND...NOW WE'RE TALKIN'.....TUBBY FIELD IS COLD & RAW.....BREEZY & DRIZZLE...ARACHNIDS BRING DUH HEAT......DIS ONES...FO' UH DANCE DUCAT........35-32....2OT's xhurrayx

BRAWK!

Agree on the schedule. No meat on that bone and also not seeing any Ls there. Monmouth might be your best home game.

caribbeanhen
July 31st, 2022, 10:14 AM

BRAWK!

The Delaware home schedule and Mr. Chicken are going in opposite directions

One just gets better with age and the other one is a sad joke

I especially laughed at the Morgan State review 😂

bonarae
August 2nd, 2022, 12:56 AM
Is it just me or are some CAA contenders having easy OOC winnable games this season?

Sitting Bull
August 2nd, 2022, 02:46 AM
Is it just me or are some CAA contenders having easy OOC winnable games this season?

Only if you factor out that each has at least one OOC road game vs an FBS opponent. So at best, you are looking at a 2-1 shot OOC. As example, UD plays at Navy though to your point, the two bottom tier MEAC home games for UD won’t be drawing much interest.

I think the CAA in general should be more aggressive with OOC vs the higher power leagues, MVC and Big Sky, though you have travel costs there that probably don’t payoff. So you are really looking at options of So Con, Patriot, Ivy, NEC, Big South and MEAC.

caribbeanhen
August 2nd, 2022, 06:58 AM
Only if you factor out that each has at least one OOC road game vs an FBS opponent. So at best, you are looking at a 2-1 shot OOC. As example, UD plays at Navy though to your point, the two bottom tier MEAC home games for UD won’t be drawing much interest.

I think the CAA in general should be more aggressive with OOC vs the higher power leagues, MVC and Big Sky, though you have travel costs there that probably don’t payoff. So you are really looking at options of So Con, Patriot, Ivy, NEC, Big South and MEAC.

I agree but Towson and Albany did play North Dakota st last year and Delaware did a home and home with Bison in 2018/2019

caribbeanhen
August 2nd, 2022, 08:45 AM
Just for fun because I will not be placing any bets on CAA or these predictions

CAA
1. Richmond - transfer QB Udenski and WR Herres give Richmond enough to build on last years strong finish. We really had no chance against them last year and this needs to end. They did lose a DL to FBS

2. Delaware - didn’t want to jynx the Hens but they now have what it takes to win the CAA. Stay healthy and hopefully special teams will be season ready. TDs instead of FGs and we won’t miss our departed kicker as much as we do

3. William & Mary - they have 3 good RBs and a solid overall team. Don’t be fooled by that beating we gave em last year. Tribe fan is predicting they have a freshman Phenom 4th RB Martin Lucas. Delaware counters with WRs.

4. Villanova- The still have good skill position players. Hayek is good. Breaking in a new QB and some key losses on Defense won’t help. Our new staff should take note that Nova has been out coaching us for a long long time. At least they won’t have blank stares when they’re told Villanova is our rival. Carty will let everybody know

5. Rhode Island - our home away from home. The Rams are getting some really nice reviews and getting stud RB Kevin Smith back. They stunk it up all the way to Newport going down stretch last year. Rhode is overrated

6. Elon - Is Elon any good? I don’t know but It’s time ta turn the other Cheek. They pick up the Montana State QB that started for them last year but was benched right before the playoffs. He bolted. The also lost to Wofford, who finished last in the Southern conference last year and got curb stomped at home by Villanova.

7. New Hampshire - another dart here. Our old friend Ricky Santos takes over. They have been in decline the past few years and despite having a real talent in RB Dylan Lubke, They probably don’t have nearly enough

8. Maine - The coaching carousel has not helped the Black Bears but I hear Maine is a scary place to live. Having said that, they still somehow manage to convince some transfers and good players to come up to the Salem’s Lot

9. Stony Brook - I watch this team and just don’t see a very good football team. Fans and players alike should be embarrassed by losing to them last year. Find your seat quick though as RB Lawton is a beast

10. Monmouth - QB Muskett somehow beat out our Golden boy Henderson for first team all CAA, I’m sure Nolan noticed. The Boys from Asbury Park play in half a stadium. They had success in the Big South but nobody really knows how they will fair in the CAA. Claim to fame is they beat up on Kennesaw State once.

11. Towson - I know nothing about Towson except Ambrose is still the Coach and Terrence West ain’t coming back. They could surely finish much higher as they are never easy to beat

12. UAlbany - they have our OC from last year, Undercufler is gone and nobody can find him. Albany is a mess in more ways than one.

13. Hampton - I cringe a little when I say they will run the table and go winless with a rude welcome into the CAA, but JMU won’t have any wins either. http://twemoji.maxcdn.com/2/svg/1f602.svg

They don’t seem to have many fans.

MR. CHICKEN
August 2nd, 2022, 08:50 AM

EAST TENNESSEE STATE.........MARS HILL/ROBERT MORRIS............JES' SAYIN'.......xwhistlex.....BRAWK!

Dane96
August 2nd, 2022, 12:39 PM
I agree but Towson and Albany did play North Dakota st last year and Delaware did a home and home with Bison in 2018/2019

For Albany, N. Dakota St and Syracuse. Was a tough way out of the gate...