PDA

View Full Version : CAA THOUGHTS?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 12th, 2022, 02:46 PM
Rhody 28 UNH 24 with 7 minutes left, come on UNH need a drive here!!!

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 12th, 2022, 03:03 PM
Holy crap UNH scocres on 4th and nine from the 30 yd line to take the lead 31-28, 15 seconds left.
Wow, makes Maine-UNH mean more than the Musket!!!

MUHAWKS
November 12th, 2022, 03:12 PM
What is the t/b between UNH and W&M assuming both win next week?

UNHWildcat18
November 12th, 2022, 03:29 PM
Not sure if he’s on here but I think CluckU said Richmond beat a weak UNH team last week. Well Richmond just beat a weak Delaware.

topher99
November 12th, 2022, 03:37 PM
What is the t/b between UNH and W&M assuming both win next week?

Possibly the result against Elon.

WrenFGun
November 12th, 2022, 03:44 PM
I am dead.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2022, 04:05 PM
Delaware blew that one

defeat snatched from the Jaws of victory

Ahead 13-12 had driven the field burning up 7 minutes of clock by running the ball right up the gut

They got the ball down to about the 5 yard line and had 2 plays to make one yard for the first down and the game but we’re stuffed, didnt kick field goal on fourth down because the field-goal kicker is no good

Richmond gets ball back on 5 yard line with 1:30 left and on 4 th and 4 hit on big pass play

FG is good, his 5th of the day and Richmond wins

Carty should take full blame

TribePride52
November 12th, 2022, 04:09 PM
Possibly the result against Elon.
W&M would counter with the win against UR.

crusader11
November 12th, 2022, 04:10 PM
Fortunately for UD, Nova has quit on the season, so should be a win next week.

If UD were to drop that one somehow, have to figure they're on the outside looking in. Can't lose four of six to end the regular season and expect to make it.

Assuming UNH and UD take care of business, five teams will make the playoffs.

topher99
November 12th, 2022, 04:15 PM
W&M would counter with the win against UR.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking that that would then mean a W&M win over UR.

WrenFGun
November 12th, 2022, 07:08 PM
Believe I have this right:

If UNH and William and Mary win, UNH will get the autobid by virtue of H2H over Elon.

If UNH and Richmond win, Richmond will get the autobid by virtue of win over UNH.

If UNH loses, whoever wins the wm/Richmond game will win the outright title

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2022, 08:13 PM
Fortunately for UD, Nova has quit on the season, so should be a win next week.

If UD were to drop that one somehow, have to figure they're on the outside looking in. Can't lose four of six to end the regular season and expect to make it.

Assuming UNH and UD take care of business, five teams will make the playoffs.

I would agree with this statement if it wasn’t the Dirty Filthy Birds coming to the Main Line. A few seasons ago Nova was 4-6 at home with The Dirty Birdies needing a win for a playoff home game. Nova curb stomped them 28-7 & the Filthy Birds were sent to Harrisonburg to be plucked early & often.

That said this Nova team has been lifeless most of the season. xpeacex

topher99
November 12th, 2022, 09:04 PM

If UNH and William and Mary win, UNH will get the autobid by virtue of H2H over Elon.

If UNH and Richmond win, Richmond will get the autobid by virtue of win over UNH.

But if scenario 1 happens, Elon and Richmond are tied in the standings and UR beat UNH, but W&M would have a win over them. I'm not sure if the Elon beat UR puts them ahead of UR in the tiebreaker scenarios or not.

topher99
November 12th, 2022, 09:14 PM
Per Craig Haley:

For the FCS playoff AQ, UR would win the tiebreaker over UNH due to a head-to-head win.UNH and W&M don't play each other, so their tiebreakers would reach point differential in conference games with a 21-point maximum per game differential. Right now, W&M is +67 and UNH +61.

KPSUL
November 12th, 2022, 09:41 PM

If W&M wins next week, it will be over Richmond - why would the fact that UNH beat Elon and Elon beat W&M trump the fact the W&M beat Richmond and Richmond beat UNH?

UNHWildcat18
November 12th, 2022, 09:46 PM
Per Craig Haley:

For the FCS playoff AQ, UR would win the tiebreaker over UNH due to a head-to-head win.UNH and W&M don't play each other, so their tiebreakers would reach point differential in conference games with a 21-point maximum per game differential. Right now, W&M is +67 and UNH +61.

so we have to beat Maine by a lot and hope W&M wins by a little. Tall order if you ask me

topher99
November 12th, 2022, 09:47 PM
From the CAA:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhaWvpJXoAAQv7s?format=jpg&name=large

KPSUL
November 12th, 2022, 09:48 PM
Per Craig Haley:

32656 Looks like UNH would need to try to run up the score on the Black Bears - given the chance. But winning next Saturday is all that really matters for UNH. I think there is no way we don't get in the playoffs if we finish 7-1 in the conference. There is also no chance we get seeded finishing 8-3 overall. Since W&M is in a better position to get seeded than Richmond, I'd rather see them win next Saturday so that the conference has a seed in the playoffs.

WrenFGun
November 12th, 2022, 09:51 PM
If W&M wins next week, it will be over Richmond - why would the fact that UNH beat Elon and Elon beat W&M trump the fact the W&M beat Richmond and Richmond beat UNH?

I was wrong, but just to clarify my thinking. Elon and UR would tie for second, and Elon would take that tiebreaker since they beat UR. UNH would then take the tiebreaker over WM in H2H vs top remaining combined opponent. Looks like CAA lumps same record together though.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2022, 10:20 PM
From the CAA:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhaWvpJXoAAQv7s?format=jpg&name=large
In the scenario that W&M and UNH would tie at 7-1 it seems kind of silly to me that they would treat Elon and Richmond as a group when Elon beat Richmond so Elon wins any two-way tie breaker with Richmond (which would accordingly give UNH the autobid over W&M). Oh well, I suppose there's a good reason they break the ties in a strictly top down order.

I was wrong, but just to clarify my thinking. Elon and UR would tie for second, and Elon would take that tiebreaker since they beat UR. UNH would then take the tiebreaker over WM in H2H vs top remaining combined opponent. Looks like CAA lumps same record together though.
Agreed... and I really loathe point differential tie breakers.

Sitting Bull
November 13th, 2022, 03:25 AM
I think the best way to reward in a situation like this is to compare the overall conference records of everyone you played not points. That along with OOC record is why W&M is ranked higher than UNH in every analytical ranking.

UNH did not play W&M, Delaware, Hampton and Villanova.
W&M missed UAlbany, Maine, UNH and Monmouth

GannonFan
November 13th, 2022, 07:47 AM
Delaware blew that one

defeat snatched from the Jaws of victory

Ahead 13-12 had driven the field burning up 7 minutes of clock by running the ball right up the gut

They got the ball down to about the 5 yard line and had 2 plays to make one yard for the first down and the game but we’re stuffed, didnt kick field goal on fourth down because the field-goal kicker is no good

Richmond gets ball back on 5 yard line with 1:30 left and on 4 th and 4 hit on big pass play

FG is good, his 5th of the day and Richmond wins

Carty should take full blame

Eh, QB didn't really have a great game. But the worst coaching call wasn't the 4th and 1, it was calling a defensive timeout before Richmond's later 4th and 4. Gave Richmond time to breathe (Richmond was out of timeouts) and let the coaches get in the QB's ear to look at the seam and the true freshman biting on the short stuff. Don't call the timeout there and Richmond never sees that. Never call a defensive timeout when the offense is out of timeouts unless your defense is disorganized. Wasn't yesterday.

whoanellie
November 13th, 2022, 08:33 AM
Get your Arse in gear Hampton. Hampton U needs to get their stuff together as our play by play announcer, Taylor Durham
was apologizing to listeners about technical issues ( no stats were being recorded and malfunctions on the broadcast) are just
the tip of Flo broadcasts. Embarrassing a day later, the stats are now up on the home team site, but then our Hampton, #34 Jalen Hampton rolled for 178'yds
and clipped 1k yds season in 10 games.

MR. CHICKEN
November 13th, 2022, 08:59 AM
Get your Arse in gear Hampton. Hampton U needs to get their stuff together as our play by play announcer, Taylor Durham
was apologizing to listeners about technical issues ( no stats were being recorded and malfunctions on the broadcast) are just
the tip of Flo broadcasts. Embarrassing a day later, the stats are now up on the home team site, but then our Hampton, #34 Jalen Hampton rolled for 178'yds
and clipped 1k yds season in 10 games.

....YOUSE WON..DIDN'T YA........xsighx......BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 13th, 2022, 09:05 AM

......OURAH KICKERS....SHOOD BE SERVIN' GATOR-ADE.....TA EARN SKOLLIES.......UH CIRCUS MULE WOOD BE MO' ACCURATE.....AWK!

Sitting Bull
November 14th, 2022, 02:39 AM

......OURAH KICKERS....SHOOD BE SERVIN' GATOR-ADE.....TA EARN SKOLLIES.......UH CIRCUS MULE WOOD BE MO' ACCURATE.....AWK!

Circus mule!!👏😀

Libertine
November 14th, 2022, 11:42 AM
the tip of Flo broadcasts. Embarrassing a day later, the stats are now up on the home team site,

<monotone sarcasm> What, you're kidding. How could this possibly have happened. Who would have guessed that a program with a long history of being completely unprepared for everything was unprepared for anything. Say it ain't so. <end/monotone sarcasm>

Y'all, it's Hampton. It's who the Pirates are from the top down. Active negligence is kind of their jam. But, I'm sure the CAA field office picked up on that when they did their lengthy due diligence.

UAalum72
November 14th, 2022, 02:14 PM
Y'all, it's Hampton. It's who the Pirates are from the top down. Active negligence is kind of their jam. But, I'm sure the CAA field office picked up on that when they did their lengthy due diligence.
Hampton just listed their attendance for the Oct. 8 game vs. Maine (4,512) which had been unlisted for the past month

Tribal
November 14th, 2022, 06:24 PM
Hampton is a geographical masterpiece for the CAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Its going to a chilly one on the Main Line Saturday.

Only the fact its the Dirty Filthy Birds gives me any hopes that this Nova team will put up a fight. From the very beginning this Nova version was overrated & it proved to be so as the season dragged on. That said the pressure is squarly on the DFB’s to take control of this game early or they face an embarrassing loss to the basketball school.

I’ll be there to see the outcome. 1st time in a long time that I think this may be the DFB’s day. Doesnt happen much in November anymore. Doesn’t happen this Saturday then it may not happen ever again.

GL to all the other CAA teams in the hunt. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2022, 10:07 AM
“Doesn’t happen this Sarurday then it may not happen ever again.”

What does that mean Gangster...

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2022, 10:15 AM
“Doesn’t happen this Sarurday then it may not happen ever again.”

What does that mean Gangster...

Just semantics.

Nova is dead men walking this time of the season. DFB’s have everything to play for today. They can’t then when can they? Plus the u of 302 is going to FBS. Aren’t they?

Not sure u want a play an FCS team that owns you throughout most of your history.

GL C-Hen. Ill be there if you want live updates. xpeacexxpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2022, 10:23 AM
Just semantics.

Nova is dead men walking this time of the season. DFB’s have everything to play for today. They can’t then when can they? Plus the u of 302 is going to FBS. Aren’t they?

Not sure u want a play an FCS team that owns you throughout most of your history.

GL C-Hen. Ill be there if you want live updates. xpeacexxpeacex

Gotcha, thought you were hinting at a sooner than later move to FBS for the Hens

FCS is fine with me but I’m weird 😂

smilo
November 19th, 2022, 03:23 PM
My thoughts are that Villanova doesn't make the playoffs in back-to-back seasons unless there is an FCS title sandwiched in between two years. And with our graduations, I don't think there is a prayer of that coming just yet.

Traditionally this would be our 6-5 or 5-6 season littered with growing pains due to inexperience and lack of depth after injuries as a private school.

Maybe the CAA has gotten so weak that we can stay above the 7 win mark, but I will keep my expectations tempered. Doubt we will compete for a title. Probably 20-25 nationally. Lose @Army, @UR, @W&M. Split @Maine/@Towson. Split Albany/Monmouth. Win 2 gimmes OOC, Hampton and Delaware. 6-5.

Every game on the schedule, Like Nostradamus - able too see one on the road and one at home but not the specifics. But at this point, you don't have to have special fortune telling talents to call the Villanova upset over a good Delaware squad.

While Richmond and W&M will be the trendy choices, I wouldn't be shocked to see a school like Albany be in the conversation while Delaware adjusts to a new coach and Villanova doesn't hit ridiculous expectations against the most difficult conference slate you can draw up.

If Albany comes back from Waco with starters unscathed, the schedule sets up nicely aside from a road game at Monmouth following a bye. That game could set a lot of narratives for one team of the other. Both avoid the Virginia schools, but have the tough road game in Radnor Township.

Nostradamus-lite! My abilities here were a bit hampered by the calling of "the sleeper team up north capitalizing on a weak conference schedule to share the title". I just couldn't tell how far north!

smilo
November 19th, 2022, 03:42 PM
Huh? Who says UNH is expected to lose @Richmond "handily"? And @Maine is NOT 50/50.....more like 90/10.

Receipts! Losing on a 2 point conversion in overtime is the most 50-50 a game can be! 😊 (I kid, I kid! I never blame people for dooming on their team, and predictions all have difficult to assess probabilities for humans, and a single outcome will never tell us who was more correct in setting the confidence threshold. But the outcome was too perfect not to look back on.)

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2022, 03:46 PM
Why not Delaware?
xpeacex

HensRock
November 19th, 2022, 05:39 PM
GT, Congrats.
We could use a priest to exorcise our program and lift what is clearly the 'Nova curse!

MUHAWKS
November 19th, 2022, 06:00 PM
shocked at the lack of posts- thought I would get back from Monmouth game to at least 30-40 nova/UD + UNH/Maine and general CAA/playoff posts.. I am sad..

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2022, 06:25 PM
GT, Congrats.
We could use a priest to exorcise our program and lift what is clearly the 'Nova curse!

thank you HenRock. Crazy 4th quarter with Nova losing 2 muffs on punts & also blocking 2 punts. The last one inside the Hens 10 that set up Watkins game winning TD run on 4th down.

I had my doubts that this Nova team would show at all, but they hung around & took advantage when opportunity presented itself. Nice Delaware crowd had long faces in the end once again on The Main Line.

A disappointing 6-5 season for Nova. Win over the Dirty Filthy Birds is a small consolation prize. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2022, 07:54 AM

DELAWARE.........YOUSE CAIN'T WIN.....WHIFF-OUT....UH RUNNIN' GAME.......59 PASSES......WHEN YER NOT IN ARREARS........IS JES' STUPID......NO KICKER....(COE DID US NO FAVORS)......PUNT TEAM....REVERTS TA LAST SEASONS BLOCKED KICKS.....DIDN'T FIX NUFFIN'........CARTY'S WIDE-OUT APPROACH TA GET 'EM IN SPACE....IS FINE OUTSIDE DUH 20's........RED ZONE NARROWS AN' SO DOES SCORIN'........SAME PLAY RICHMOND HIT...OVER DUH MIDDLE.....AN' WON ON FG........'NOVA JES' MISSED IT ON UH OVER-THROW.......IN SIMILAR SITUATION.....MEAC SKED......PREPARED NO ONE....FO' ELON/WM & MARY/RICHMOND/'NOVA.......30 SOME SENIORS..(FEW MAY RETURN)...&.....PENN STATE TA BOOT.......WE'LL WIN FOUR/FIVE.....THANKS TA CAMPBELL/A&T/HAMPTON......&...GET KLOCKED....BAH DUH REST.......WE'D BE IN LAST PLACE....MAC EAST.......WHIFF DWINDLIN' MID WEEK CROWDS.........LEAST...CREAMERY ICE CREAM IS WORFF IT.........&.....AH DON'T HAVE ESPN+....CABLE GOES UP...AN' CONTINUES...TA CUT BACK........(ESPN3 PLAY-OFF GAMES).......BLAH...BLAH....BLAH....AH WENT 3 WEEKS....B/4 REALIZIN' YOUSE COOD REUSE LOSERS....IN CRAZY 8's......NO STREET & SMIFF..........LINDY'S WAS AS ACCURATE AS OURAH.....KICKERS.........&.....FOOBIES......SOGONE CAMPAIGN..........APPARENTLAH WORKED........AH NEED MUHAWKS SHRINK............BUK..BUK..BUK......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2022, 08:33 AM
shocked at the lack of posts- thought I would get back from Monmouth game to at least 30-40 nova/UD + UNH/Maine and general CAA/playoff posts.. I am sad..

here is a post for ya

Tribal
November 20th, 2022, 08:59 AM
Interested in which players return for each team. With the covid year, guys are eligible to play 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KPSUL
November 20th, 2022, 09:51 AM
It would be a much shorter list to include impact players not returning: Kvietkus DT, Pop Bush SS, Espanet WR, Coyne WR, and 1 DT/CPT whose name escapes at the moment. Sorry guys Dylan Laube and Max Brosmer both have 2 years of eligibility left.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2022, 10:08 AM
I MEANT OT/CPT and his name isPatrick Flynnn and he was Preseason All Conf.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2022, 10:12 AM

DELAWARE.........YOUSE CAIN'T WIN.....WHIFF-OUT....UH RUNNIN' GAME.......59 PASSES......WHEN YER NOT IN ARREARS........IS JES' STUPID......NO KICKER....(COE DID US NO FAVORS)......PUNT TEAM....REVERTS TA LAST SEASONS BLOCKED KICKS.....DIDN'T FIX NUFFIN'........CARTY'S WIDE-OUT APPROACH TA GET 'EM IN SPACE....IS FINE OUTSIDE DUH 20's........RED ZONE NARROWS AN' SO DOES SCORIN'........SAME PLAY RICHMOND HIT...OVER DUH MIDDLE.....AN' WON ON FG........'NOVA JES' MISSED IT ON UH OVER-THROW.......IN SIMILAR SITUATION.....MEAC SKED......PREPARED NO ONE....FO' ELON/WM & MARY/RICHMOND/'NOVA.......30 SOME SENIORS..(FEW MAY RETURN)...&.....PENN STATE TA BOOT.......WE'LL WIN FOUR/FIVE.....THANKS TA CAMPBELL/A&T/HAMPTON......&...GET KLOCKED....BAH DUH REST.......WE'D BE IN LAST PLACE....MAC EAST.......WHIFF DWINDLIN' MID WEEK CROWDS.........LEAST...CREAMERY ICE CREAM IS WORFF IT.........&.....AH DON'T HAVE ESPN+....CABLE GOES UP...AN' CONTINUES...TA CUT BACK........(ESPN3 PLAY-OFF GAMES).......BLAH...BLAH....BLAH....AH WENT 3 WEEKS....B/4 REALIZIN' YOUSE COOD REUSE LOSERS....IN CRAZY 8's......NO STREET & SMIFF..........LINDY'S WAS AS ACCURATE AS OURAH.....KICKERS.........&.....FOOBIES......SOGONE CAMPAIGN..........APPARENTLAH WORKED........AH NEED MUHAWKS SHRINK............BUK..BUK..BUK......BRAWK!

This is one sad and confused chicken! Birds of a feather flock together my friend. Us Mountain Hawks are aimlessly flapping our wings too as we search for the great days of yore....

UNHWildcat18
November 20th, 2022, 10:47 AM
Ah input.....W&M I think has the best chance for making a deep run xdrunkyx

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2022, 11:04 AM
Ah input.....W&M I think has the best chance for making a deep run xdrunkyx

agree, love the running game they have

Gangtackle11
November 20th, 2022, 11:11 AM
I think the University of Disappointment get in at 7-4. Attendance is key & bus ride for NEC champ St.Francis, PA. xpeacex

MUHAWKS
November 20th, 2022, 12:56 PM
I think the University of Disappointment get in at 7-4. Attendance is key & bus ride for NEC champ St.Francis, PA. xpeacex

Hope you are betting some NFL today, SPOT ON PREDICTION

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2022, 01:17 PM

Nova Would’ve been a much shorter bus trip and Saint Francis could of been all yours gangtackle, but you guys lost to Towson....

Why not Delaware xcoffeex

Gangtackle11
November 20th, 2022, 01:37 PM
3095105 (tel:3095105)[/URL]]Nova Would’ve been a much shorter bus trip and Saint Francis could of been all yours gangtackle, but you guys lost Towson....

Why not Delaware xcoffeex

This cute phrase of yours won’t age well. I said several times here we weren’t good enough.

I’ve been to Brookings, SD. Enjoy the ride if you get past STFU. That could be a curb stomping for the ages.

Playoffs or not. Nova continues to be FraUD’s football daddy.

That said have fun however long the journey lasts. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2022, 03:08 PM
This cute phrase of yours won’t age well. I said several times here we weren’t good enough.

I’ve been to Brookings, SD. Enjoy the ride if you get past STFU. That could be a curb stomping for the ages.

I remember you posting about your trip out to the Badlands ... the cute phrase wasn’t about this year just for the record

Delaware played at S Dakota st in 2021 spring semi final, it wasn’t pretty but if Delaware can win a playoff game and make the trip out to Brookings... I’ll take it

St Francis looks pretty good so we’ll see

KPSUL
November 21st, 2022, 10:45 AM

I too have had the pleasure of watching a CAA team called the Wildcats get an ass-whop'n in Brookings. Although, I got a bit of retribution immediately when I went to Harrisonburg the next weekend to watch the Duke Devil Dogs beat the Jacks even worse. (2017)

Henny
November 21st, 2022, 12:11 PM

In the year 2022, UD is in the playoffs and Nova just isn't. It's as simple as that.

Enjoy the offseason homeboy!

Gangtackle11
November 21st, 2022, 01:32 PM
In the year 2022, UD is in the playoffs and Nova just isn't. It's as simple as that.

Enjoy the offseason homeboy!

A Uncle Henny sighting!! What a joy. Lol.

GL Saturday. Let’s hope your team doesn’t have to punt.

xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 21st, 2022, 01:37 PM
November 18, 2006
Newark, DE
Villanova
28–27

November 17, 2007
Villanova, PA
Villanova
19–14

November 22, 2008
Newark, DE
Villanova
21–7

November 21, 2009
Villanova, PA
Villanova
31–12

November 20, 2010
Newark, DE
Villanova
28–21OT

November 19, 2011
Chester, PA
Delaware
26–16

November 17, 2012
Newark, DE
Villanova
41–10

November 23, 2013
Chester, PA
Villanova
35–34

November 22, 2014
Newark, DE
Villanova
35–28

September 19, 2015
Villanova, PA
Villanova
28–21

November 19, 2016
Newark, DE
Villanova
41–10

November 18, 2017
Villanova, PA
Villanova
28–7

November 17, 2018
Newark, DE
Villanova
42–21

November 23, 2019
Villanova, PA
Villanova
55–33

April 17, 2021
Villanova, PA
Delaware
27–20

November 20, 2021
Newark, DE
Villanova
21–13

November 19, 2022
Villanova, PA
Villanova
29–26

Series: Villanova leads 33–22–1

Ask your AD to see if you can schedule this game in the spring again. Undefeated then. xpeacex

Henny
November 21st, 2022, 02:00 PM
A Uncle Henny sighting!! What a joy. Lol.

GL Saturday. Let’s hope your team doesn’t have to punt.

xpeacex

xthumbsupx

Sitting Bull
November 22nd, 2022, 07:17 AM
Just curious after all the doom/gloom early in the season on how some feel about the state of CAA after this season.

I never bought fully into the depression myself. Too many programs with history, a winning tradition and pride to expect a flop. Some thoughts on the year, just random:
1. I’ll start with homer W&M. You could tell at Charlotte this team had jelled into something special. Lot of the same players from a 6-5 group previous year. Hard to explain and happens infrequently but they are fun to watch.
2. I love the Delaware winning tradition and was glad to see the fast start. Amazing how with only a minute left in the Richmond game, they appeared a 9-2 contender. How one decision can turn the tide. Go for the sure 3 points.
3. UNH had to be the biggest surprise. I kept waiting for the fall, it never happened. Resilient team.
4. Elon was a great add to the CAA.
5. Fun to have the addition of the Monmouth posters. My hope is they develop their fan base and build a strong position in NJ. Build a visitors side to the stadium.
6. I’m betting overall attendance for most schools may be up this year. Sure appears so.
7. Hampton competed better than I expected.
8. I believe we will slightly overachieve in the playoffs. Expect W&M, Richmond and Elon to possibly win more than one game. Richmond shake the world at Sac State, the kind of game I could see them winning.
9. Top to bottom, a solid league. If Stony Brook was the bottom, the leagues in good shape.

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2022, 07:26 AM

MONTANA..........DROOLED UP GRIZZWOLDS.......TELL S.E. MIZZOU.........WHAA CANS TURN BLUE.....IN MISERYOULA.........AWK!

DELAWARE.............FUNNY THIN' HAPPENED ON WAY TA BROOKIN'S........DUH FLASH FLAMED OUT......32680......BRAWK!

IDAHO...........VANDALS.......PILLAGE HAMMOND..........SHOW LIONS......HOW TA DANCE WHIFF DEY'RE STARS......AWQ!

ELON........PHOENIX........LEAVE.....GREENVILLE... ...IN PILE UH SMOLDERIN' ASHES.........BAWK!

E. KENTUCKY..........KERNELS.......SCREW DUH POOCH......ON WAY TA ROUND TWO.........ER...UMM....BRAWK!

RICHMOND........WILDCATS......MADE DUH FIELD.......HA HA HA HA HA HA HA........AWK!

WEBER STATE........NORFF DAKOTAH.....STILL SORE....FROM BIZONSSSSSS...MIS-TREATMENT......BRAWQ!

FORDHAM........RICKETY SANTOS....HAS NO CLUE.....FO' RAMS PROLIFIC.......OFFENSE............DOODLE-DOO!

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2022, 05:33 PM
Thank god for our conference representatives from Virginia in the playoffs. xpeacex

penguinpower
December 3rd, 2022, 07:23 PM
Delaware didn't belong over Youngstown. Fact.

gofurman
December 3rd, 2022, 11:37 PM
I’m asking

Did the mighty CAA get FIVE BIDS (SoCon only two!!!) and both have one team left. I think that’s right.

gonna look - yep

5 CAA became 1. And 2 SoCon became 1.

but hey the CAA IS MIGHTY POWERFUL !! This bias has to stop. Most CAA got run off the field too!!

this is why I get so mad about people picking on SoCon. The CAA is an embarrassment but gets propped up all year.

Furman whoops Elon 31-6. SIX POINTS.
SDSU beats Delaware. 42-6. Granted SDSU is very very good
Holy Cross beats on New Hampshire
Sac State beats Richmond (UR who drew Davidson as a bye

good job William and Mary on winning.

im just saying if you send FIVE teams and one makes it out to third round you really shouldn’t keep getting the benefit of doubt. That’s just logic. By comparison my SoCon sent TWO teams and has just as many in third round. And Furman of SoCon took out Elon head to head

DEFINITE BIAS.

what gets me is people say well X conference never gets more than one team to Y round. You need to give more equitable chances by allowing more teams from some conferences after evaluating results

but that would require a committee that cares. AT ALL. If you want to make playoffs just join the CAA. LOL

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2022, 07:08 AM
I’m asking

Did the mighty CAA get FIVE BIDS (SoCon only two!!!) and both have one team left. I think that’s right.

gonna look - yep

but hey the CAA IS MIGHTY POWERFUL !! This bias has to stop. Most CAA got run off the field too!!

this is why I get so mad about people picking on SoCon. The CAA is an embarrassment but gets propped up all year.

im just saying if you send FIVE teams and one makes it out to third round you really shouldn’t keep getting the benefit of doubt. That’s just logic. By comparison my SoCon sent TWO teams and has just as many in third round. And Furman of SoCon took out Elon head to head

DEFINITE BIAS.

what gets me is people say well X conference never gets more than one team to Y round. You need to give more equitable chances by allowing more teams from some conferences after evaluating results

but that would require a committee that cares. AT ALL. If you want to make playoffs just join the CAA. LOL

I don’t really disagree with you but I’ve been saying since the beginning of the year that they were only three teams in the CAA that were capable of making playoff run

after William and Mary beat Delaware, I knew there were only two teams that were good

Richmond was under the radar all year but a dangerous team they get sent out across the country to play number one ranked Sacramento state, I would’ve loved to say Richmond play Furman or Samford

The other good team is getting sent out to the ice Palace at Montana state where there season will likely end with hypothermia

Home teams win all 8 games yesterday and I believe that if Montana State was coming to Williamsburg, Will and Mary wins that game

Sitting Bull
December 4th, 2022, 07:27 AM
I’m asking

gonna look - yep

DEFINITE BIAS.

W&Ms still playing. Furmans not. Get lost.

UNHWildcat18
December 4th, 2022, 07:36 AM
W&Ms still playing. Furmans not. Get lost.

seriously, guy uses one game football math and has been having a breakdown the last 24 hours. Like **** off.

The Yo Show
December 4th, 2022, 07:37 AM
Here's my hot take, MVFC should have gotten 4 teams in instead of 3 and the CAA should have not gotten 5.

UNHWildcat18
December 4th, 2022, 07:42 AM
Here's my hot take, MVFC should have gotten 4 teams in instead of 3 and the CAA should have not gotten 5.
I don’t think anyone would have thrown a hissy fit if you did get 4 and we sent 4. None of the seeds lost though so in the end…..the at large didn’t matter.

The Yo Show
December 4th, 2022, 03:23 PM
I don’t think anyone would have thrown a hissy fit if you did get 4 and we sent 4. None of the seeds lost though so in the end…..the at large didn’t matter.

Yeah exactly what I was getting at, 4 and 4. I feel like, at the moment, there are people that still feel 3 and 5 was more appropriate though.

I'm not sure I follow the point you are trying to make about seeded teams but your statement is correct no seeded team lost.

KPSUL
December 5th, 2022, 12:35 PM
I’m asking

gonna look - yep

DEFINITE BIAS.

Was it really worth the better part of an hour to make this post? Is there any end to the belly-aching emanating from Furman fans?

Furman, an unseeded playoff team that benefited from a 1st Round home field, just ended their season the way three CAA teams who benefited from a 1st Round home field ended theirs: Losing to a seeded team on the road in the 2nd round. That leaves one seeded CAA team and one seeded SoCon team, both will likely be the underdog in games on the road against higher seeded teams. It's that effen simple. So I know I speak for the majority of AGS members and all of the CAA members when i politely ask:

shut - u​p !

SteelSD
December 5th, 2022, 03:46 PM
Delaware didn't belong over Youngstown. Fact.
Neither of you belonged. Fact.

The simple fact is the field was weak whenever you got past the top few teams. Who cares how many teams a conference gets in when those teams are just going to lose anyway. If the SoCon had gotten 4 in we would be talking about how their conference is overrated because they only have one team remaining. I really wish W&M and Samford were playing so we could let the winner of that game claim their conference is better than the other because "Our daddy can beat up your daddy."

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2022, 08:57 AM
Well, watching W&M get boat raced 55-7 at Montana State is the final straw for me.

Its time to admit that CAA football is no longer a major factor on the national FCS scene. Regionalization has masked how really far behind our teams are to many teams from the Big Sky & MVFC.

The departure of JMU sped up exposing our once proud football conference for its mediocre existence. Long gone are the days of CAA teams winning FCS titles. Our post season wins come mostly at the hands of The Patriot & NEC teams. Rarely do we knock off teams from other conferences.

I guess Eastern football just doesn’t size up anymore to the rest of the country. xpeacex

DFW HOYA
December 10th, 2022, 09:09 AM
Well, watching W&M get boat raced 55-7 at Montana State is the final straw for me.

Its time to admit that CAA football is no longer a major factor on the national FCS scene. Regionalization has masked how really far behind our teams are to many teams from the Big Sky & MVFC.

The departure of JMU sped up exposing our once proud football conference for its mediocre existence. Long gone are the days of CAA teams winning FCS titles. Our post season wins come mostly at the hands of The Patriot & NEC teams. Rarely do we knock off teams from other conferences.

While the Big Sky and MVFC are ahead of the curve, the key word is "at". Home teams have an advantage in these playoffs.

ysubigred
December 10th, 2022, 09:12 AM
While the Big Sky and MVFC are ahead of the curve, the key word is "at". Home teams have an advantage in these playoffs.That's usually true of most games not just the playoffs..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2022, 09:31 AM

I guess Eastern football just doesn’t size up anymore to the rest of the country. xpeacex

East coast football is bad and appears to be getting worse... if that’s even possible

What happened?

Henny
December 10th, 2022, 10:09 AM
I agree with everyone regarding the status of CAA football. As UD was getting destroyed las weekend, I remembered the UD game against SDSU in 2010, a game UD won 27-3 and a day where SDSU could do nothing on offense. Delaware outmatched them physically and their offense was totally ineffective. Now 12 years later, just the opposite. Just a shame for UD and the rest of the CAA.

FU_Paladin08
December 10th, 2022, 10:30 AM
You could argue there is a huge advantage to the Big Sky/Valley getting more seeded (and higher seeded) teams over the other conferences, but that won’t change with blowouts like we’ve seen in the playoffs. It’s true home field advantage up there with stronger fan bases and colder weather. Since that won’t change they’ll continue to win home playoff games until they decide to leave FCS. It’s truly two different leagues between the Big Sky/Valley and everyone else. The only advantage the CAA has over the rest of the lower conferences is they don’t have to play every CAA team so they can have 5 teams with good resumes but get exploited in the playoffs. It’s the Big Sky/Valley world and we’re just living in it.

HensRock
December 10th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Ebbs and Flows.

I've been running a Top25 FCS football pool for over 15 years.
As I update scores each week, I notice the Top25 teams are playing later and later in the day. (Because the Top Teams are coming from farther and farther west)

Sitting Bull
December 10th, 2022, 11:29 AM
East coast football is bad and appears to be getting worse... if that’s even possible

What happened?

Well there’s Holy Cross…

Sitting Bull
December 10th, 2022, 11:41 AM

No question overwhelmed in Bozeman. Too much though put into all this, it was one game. We overperformed in game one, underperformed game 2.

No question the west has become the core strength of FCS. The better programs in FCS east and south move up - the teams west do not. That doesn’t mean that things won’t shift again.

As far as eastern football, we had 2 of 8 in quarterfinals: W&M and Holy Cross. Not sure that’s well off the average.

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2022, 11:49 AM
Well there’s Holy Cross…

Proving so far with their play at SDSU to be the class of the East. No question.

Chesney pulls this off in Brookings and HC may lose him soon to bigger fish. xpeacex

KPSUL
December 10th, 2022, 04:02 PM

Nothing new about all this. 2018 was a more disappointing year for the CAA in the playoffs by far. Six Colonial teams were selected and four lost in the first round and one (JMU) lost to the Patriot League Champ in the 2nd. Only Maine had a nice run getting to the Semi-Finals, but losing to EWU out in Cheney by a score not much better than the MSU demolition of W&M. The next few season we got way fewer teams in.

JMU's departure didn't make the remaining teams worse. Villanova is not as good this season but W&M, Richmond, Elon and UNH were better. URI was exactly the same - good enough to scare upcoming opponents but one loss away from the playoffs. Maine had a down year, Monmouth wasn't as good as we justifiable thought they would be, Towson was mediocre as usual, Albany had more moral victories than wins or losses, Stony Brook reached a new low and Hampton is not quite ready. Delaware is perpetually a disappointment for their fans.

Gangtackle11
December 11th, 2022, 06:12 PM
Nothing new about all this. 2018 was a more disappointing year for the CAA in the playoffs by far. Six Colonial teams were selected and four lost in the first round and one (JMU) lost to the Patriot League Champ in the 2nd. Only Maine had a nice run getting to the Semi-Finals, but losing to EWU out in Cheney by a score not much better than the MSU demolition of W&M. The next few season we got way fewer teams in.

JMU's departure didn't make the remaining teams worse. Villanova is not as good this season but W&M, Richmond, Elon and UNH were better. URI was exactly the same - good enough to scare upcoming opponents but one loss away from the playoffs. Maine had a down year, Monmouth wasn't as good as we justifiable thought they would be, Towson was mediocre as usual, Albany had more moral victories than wins or losses, Stony Brook reached a new low and Hampton is not quite ready. Delaware is perpetually a disappointment for their fans.

It depends on how you measure better. Yes in their play inside the CAA, but not really competitive vs. teams not from the NEC, PL, Big South, or occasionally a MEAC playoff team.

I would argue that being 8-3 in the CAA, getting a win vs. an inferior FCS conference and then geting obliterated by anyone out west is the norm for CAA teams and has been for most teams and most seasons.

Occasionally, a Maine happens, but for every Maine is 10 CAA teams getting romped on the minute they cross the Mississippi. Its now going on decade plus that we can say that the CAA was the cream of the FCS crop. My hope it improves, but the signs are few & far between from where I sit.

Hope it changes. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2022, 06:19 PM
East coast, specifically the northeast, has a football problem.

The NEC is pathetic

The Patriot has Holy Cross at least

Gangtackle11
December 11th, 2022, 06:24 PM
East coast, specifically the northeast, has a football problem.

The NEC is pathetic

The Patriot has Holy Cross at least

Until Chesney leaves that is. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2022, 06:40 PM
It’s probably not going to get better anytime soon and FCS as we know it now won’t be around much longer anyway.... It seems almost everybody is preparing for the move up in large swaths like the SWAC and ASUN/WAC

KPSUL
December 11th, 2022, 07:28 PM
It’s probably not going to get better anytime soon and FCS as we know it now won’t be around much longer anyway.... It seems almost everybody is preparing for the move up in large swaths like the SWAC and ASUN/WAC

You make it sound like the ASUN/WAC thing-a-ma-jig is a done deed. It is not consistent with the current NCAA policy and most of those teams would be demolished by mediocre G5 programs. If they played an insular 8 game schedule pretending to be FBS they would be not bowl eligible and no longer FCS playoff eligible. Now if the truly top FCS programs that desire to move up were invited by a new NCAA sanctioned G5 conference to do so, that would be a different situation. But that would not be bad for the FCS either.

ncspiderfan
December 11th, 2022, 09:48 PM
Monmouth QB Muskett to UVA. Might be old news.

COMMITMENT: Virginia football picks up Monmouth transfer quarterback Tony Muskett (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/commitment-virginia-football-picks-up-monmouth-transfer-quarterback-tony-muskett/ar-AA159JDW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7291b6f913e943d5870c304857e7860b)

Sitting Bull
December 12th, 2022, 07:54 AM
The CAA went 4-5 in the playoffs and had 4 teams win a playoff game. That’s the most since 2015.

So I don’t disagree we have had better seasons as a conference. I just think the biggest difference (vs MV and Big Sky) is that successful programs in the east and south move up to FBS. We will balance back.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2022, 07:58 AM

COMMITMENT: Virginia football picks up Monmouth transfer quarterback Tony Muskett (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/commitment-virginia-football-picks-up-monmouth-transfer-quarterback-tony-muskett/ar-AA159JDW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7291b6f913e943d5870c304857e7860b)

everyone goes south

RB Ty son Lawton to JMU

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2022, 08:01 AM
You make it sound like the ASUN/WAC thing-a-ma-jig is a done deed. It is not consistent with the current NCAA policy and most of those teams would be demolished by mediocre G5 programs. If they played an insular 8 game schedule pretending to be FBS they would be not bowl eligible and no longer FCS playoff eligible. Now if the truly top FCS programs that desire to move up were invited by a new NCAA sanctioned G5 conference to do so, that would be a different situation. But that would not be bad for the FCS either.

No, I made it sound like I have no idea what might happen

but because caribbeanhen wrote it.... your love for me spilled out all over your keyboard again 😂

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2022, 08:24 AM
The CAA went 4-5 in the playoffs and had 4 teams win a playoff game. That’s the most since 2015.

So I don’t disagree we have had better seasons as a conference. I just think the biggest difference (vs MV and Big Sky) is that successful programs in the east and south move up to FBS. We will balance back.
For the sake of simplicity, looking at Massey Ratings…those 4 playoff wins came over Fordham (43), Gardner-Webb (46), St. Francis (50), and Davidson (102). That’s about a #60 average rank…which Massey says is Monmouth ‘equivalent.’ So, those 4 playoff wins ‘proved’ 4 of the Top CAA Teams are capable of defeating the 9th best CAA Team.

Just hard to see that as something to view positively without using the rosiest of colored lenses.

The number of playoff wins only served to indicate that the CAA received a high number of At Large bids bracketed with, um, let’s just say, um, “highly favorable matchups”…some might say “cupcakes.”

#DefundTheCommittee

Gangtackle11
December 12th, 2022, 08:36 AM
For the sake of simplicity, looking at Massey Ratings…those 4 playoff wins came over Fordham (43), Gardner-Webb (46), St. Francis (50), and Davidson (102). That’s about a #60 average rank…which Massey says is Monmouth ‘equivalent.’ So, those 4 playoff wins ‘proved’ 4 of the Top CAA Teams are capable of defeating the 9th best CAA Team.

Just hard to see that as something to view positively without using the rosiest of colored lenses.

The number of playoff wins only served to indicate that the CAA received a high number of At Large bids bracketed with, um, let’s just say, um, “highly favorable matchups”…some might say “cupcakes.”

#DefundTheCommittee

I don’t defend wins over the NEC, PL (sans HC this season), Big South, or MEAC teams. They are generally a 90% chance to move on. Its the rounds after that are upsetting to me lately. JMU & the one Maine run are the only runs in the last 5 years that I can remember.

I also dont count the spring games of 2020, but Im sure the 302 does. xdrunkyx

Eastern teams “enjoy” the advantage with regionalization for sure. Especially when Davidson wins the Pioneer.

CAA has moved up several teams to the FBS. That’s a good point, but the ones remaining have to do better to be considered on the level of the MVFC & Big Sky.

We have to get better to have a voice in that argument. xpeacex

Sitting Bull
December 12th, 2022, 09:31 AM
I don’t defend wins over the NEC, PL (sans HC this season), Big South, or MEAC teams. They are generally a 90% chance to move on. Its the rounds after that are upsetting to me lately. JMU & the one Maine run are the only runs in the last 5 years that I can remember.

I also dont count the spring games of 2020, but Im sure the 302 does. xdrunkyx

Eastern teams “enjoy” the advantage with regionalization for sure. Especially when Davidson wins the Pioneer.

CAA has moved up several teams to the FBS. That’s a good point, but the ones remaining have to do better to be considered on the level of the MVFC & Big Sky.

We have to get better to have a voice in that argument. xpeacex

Good points though a few thoughts on them. First, I don’t discount ANY playoff wins, regardless of conference. Beating with regularity the champs of all those other conferences is something I never want to take for granted and it’s no evidence of weakness. Remember how scared Furbear was that W&M was going to lose to Gardner Webb?

On the upper tier, no question that the core of strength in FCS is out west - MV and Big Sky. I don’t see that changing dramatically the next few years anymore than FBS - where every champion since 2005 except one has been SEC or ACC. But to your point, we do need a kickstart back to winning against their best teams. I think Sacramento State (and UR and IW showings out here) - show it’s by no means insurmountable. They were Big Sky champs.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2022, 10:42 AM
North Dakota State
South Dakota State

and now enter Montana State

The 3 big bullies of FCS that the rest just don’t stack up against, things even out pretty quick when these 3 move along

The other 4 heralded Big Sky teams all went down again
Idaho got beat by Southeastern Louisiana
Montana ousted by the Bison, and they were crushed at Montana St
Weber bows out against Montana St
Sacramento St finally wins a playoff game... one and done

Sitting Bull
December 12th, 2022, 10:48 AM
North Dakota State
South Dakota State

and now enter Montana State

The 3 big bullies of FCS that the rest just don’t stack up against, things even out pretty quick when these 3 move along

The other 4 heralded Big Sky teams all went down again
Idaho got beat by Southeastern Louisiana
Montana ousted by the Bison, and they were crushed at Montana St
Weber bows out against Montana St
Sacramento St finally wins a playoff game... one and done

Bingo. I don’t think you’re implying the three “moving along” is related to the WAC dumpster fire? After reading the comments from the Montana AD, none of these bullies are going anywhere, particularly Montana State.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2022, 11:26 AM
Bingo. I don’t think you’re implying the three “moving along” is related to the WAC dumpster fire? After reading the comments from the Montana AD, none of these bullies are going anywhere, particularly Montana State.

no just a tongue n cheek comment, here is an article on what the Montana AD had to say about FCS/FBS ... was posted on another thread

(edit: the link was posted by Sitting Bull 😂

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-are-staying-in-the-big-sky-for-now-and-ad-kent-haslam-explains/article_539a1396-77f2-11ed-b132-9b9ce3fd41bc.html

What does it provide you? A bowl game? Higher TV revenue potentially, but if there’s all FBS schools then that gets saturated, there’s too many of them. It’s hard to quantify.”
That’s why he’d like the return of a strong FCS. One that is properly structured and offers competitive schools a good alternative to the FBS. Because simply put, not everyone belongs there.
“We need a healthy FCS …. What I really hope happens here soon is the NCAA transformation committee completes their work, recommendations are made, a president is hired at the NCAA and we bring structure back to what it means to be in these subdivisions,” Haslam said. “Because right now, I feel like people are chasing a phantom and they're not quite sure what it looks like. It seems to be a mirage.

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Good points though a few thoughts on them. First, I don’t discount ANY playoff wins, regardless of conference. Beating with regularity the champs of all those other conferences is something I never want to take for granted and it’s no evidence of weakness. Remember how scared Furbear was that W&M was going to lose to Gardner Webb?

On the upper tier, no question that the core of strength in FCS is out west - MV and Big Sky. I don’t see that changing dramatically the next few years anymore than FBS - where every champion since 2005 except one has been SEC or ACC. But to your point, we do need a kickstart back to winning against their best teams. I think Sacramento State (and UR and IW showings out here) - show it’s by no means insurmountable. They were Big Sky champs.
Scared? FUBeAR wanted Gardner-Webb to upset W&M, so don’t understand that comment, but…anyway…

…You are right about not discounting those CAA Playoff wins. Winning those games was far better than losing them would have been. Not discounting doesn’t involve overvaluing them though…which citing/lauding them as a ‘since 2015’ achievement seems to do.

FUBeAR believes Elon beating 3 of the other 4 CAA Playoff Teams and then failing to even be competitive vs. the only SoCon At Large Team is much more instructive to us as we assess the current state of the CAA vis a vis other FCS Conferences. But FUBeAR also understands that is a very difficult reality for many here to accept.

Sitting Bull
December 12th, 2022, 01:37 PM
Scared? FUBeAR wanted Gardner-Webb to upset W&M, so don’t understand that comment, but…anyway…

I think what you wanted was for GW to at least play W&M closer than “powerhouse and overlooked” Mercer - which turned out to be a total face plant for Furbear, the So Con and Massey.

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2022, 02:56 PM
I think what you wanted was for GW to at least play W&M closer than “powerhouse and overlooked” Mercer - which turned out to be a total face plant for Furbear, the So Con and Massey.
What?

The #5 Seeded W&M defeat of G-W at home was very similar to the No Bid Mercer defeat of G-W on the road. If we apply the 6 point home vs. away ‘swing,’ we’re talking a 3 point differential. Regardless, both squads routed the Runnin’ Bulldogs.

As previously stated, FUBeAR would have preferred that G-W beat W&M. Have absolutely no idea what you are trying to state / get at. It seems maybe you are thinking G-W beat Mercer????

GARDNER-WEBB -VS- WILLIAM & MARY

Team
F

GWU

W&M

MERCER -VS- GARDNER-WEBB

Team
F

MER

GWU

KPSUL
December 12th, 2022, 04:37 PM
What?

The #5 Seeded W&M defeat of G-W at home was very similar to the No Bid Mercer defeat of G-W on the road. If we apply the 6 point home vs. away ‘swing,’ we’re talking a 3 point differential. Regardless, both squads routed the Runnin’ Bulldogs.

As previously stated, FUBeAR would have preferred that G-W beat W&M. Have absolutely no idea what you are trying to state / get at. It seems maybe you are thinking G-W beat Mercer????

GARDNER-WEBB -VS- WILLIAM & MARY

Team
F

GWU

W&M

MERCER -VS- GARDNER-WEBB

Team
F

MER

GWU

Since you've spent countless hours developing your contrived arguments about the CAA by cherry-picking data ALL SEASON, isn't it time for you to use the same convoluted analysis for the SoCon? I'd propose you start in on that and report in about 3 months - if you spend as much time as you did on the CAA you'll need every day of it.

It is a pointless endeavor as there isn't any discernible difference in quality between the CAA SoCon and the CAA since JMU left - that only takes common sense to determine. But what the heck, you seem to enjoy wasting your time on a pointless mission, so why not?

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2022, 04:59 PM
there isn't any discernible difference in quality between the…SoCon and the CAA
dunno…31 to 6 seemed rather discernible and a picture is worth at least 4 missed tackles. That’s how the saying goes…right?

As noted…FUBeAR understands that [SoCon superiority over the CAA] is a very difficult reality for many here to accept.

https://images.sidearmdev.com/crop?url=https://s3.amazonaws.com/furmanpaladins.com/images/2022/11/27/Huff_TD_ImGzD.jpg&width=1920&height=1080&type=jpeg&gravity=smart&quality=80

Catbooster
December 12th, 2022, 06:27 PM

We've gotten our asses handed to us on our last game of the season for several years. You just hope they'll learn from it and come back a little better next year, which seems to be the case with the Cats. Your team made it farther than all but a few teams in the country - nothing to be ashamed of even if the final game was a little lopsided xdrunkyx.

I don't think W&M is as bad as that game made them look. They're obviously a solid team if you look at the year as a whole. Sometimes things just snowball and everything falls apart, especially when you're relying on 20+/- year old kids.

If one game defined the season, we could just have FuBear use his transitive scoring technique to rank everyone after a game or two.

KPSUL
December 12th, 2022, 07:00 PM
dunno…31 to 6 seemed rather discernible and a picture is worth at least 4 missed tackles. That’s how the saying goes…right?

As noted…FUBeAR understands that [SoCon superiority over the CAA] is a very difficult reality for many here to accept.

https://images.sidearmdev.com/crop?url=https://s3.amazonaws.com/furmanpaladins.com/images/2022/11/27/Huff_TD_ImGzD.jpg&width=1920&height=1080&type=jpeg&gravity=smart&quality=80

Great picture and I LMAO when I saw it the 1st time you posted it! Looks like the Elon players were hit with nerve gas. But you can't draw a conclusion on an entire conference based on one game. Elon was very inconsistent and played way better at home this season. We (UNH) beat them quite decisively at our place too, although they also won some big games. But it's fair to assume Furman was better than Elon this season.

Both the CAA and SoCon have teams that can be competitive in the early rounds, but neither seem ready for the Semi's or the Championship. That's pretty
much all that you are hearing here from CAA AGS members. If Chattanooga or Mercer had been selected over the 5th CAA Team in (Delaware) I wouldn't have been pissed at all. All of the three teams failed to win the games they needed at the end of the season to ensure a place in the field. Maybe the committee picked based on legacy, FBS wins, tossing coins or throwing dice. No matter how they did it they were just splitting hairs.

NY Crusader 2010
December 12th, 2022, 08:27 PM
Great picture and I LMAO when I saw it the 1st time you posted it! Looks like the Elon players were hit with nerve gas. But you can't draw a conclusion on an entire conference based on one game. Elon was very inconsistent and played way better at home this season. We (UNH) beat them quite decisively at our place too, although they also won some big games. But it's fair to assume Furman was better than Elon this season.

Both the CAA and SoCon have teams that can be competitive in the early rounds, but neither seem ready for the Semi's or the Championship. That's pretty
much all that you are hearing here from CAA AGS members. If Chattanooga or Mercer had been selected over the 5th CAA Team in (Delaware) I wouldn't have been pissed at all. All of the three teams failed to win the games they needed at the end of the season to ensure a place in the field. Maybe the committee picked based on legacy, FBS wins, tossing coins or throwing dice. No matter how they did it they were just splitting hairs.

Having to travel out west to the Dakotas or the state of Montana really just seems to be that much more of an elevated degree of difficulty when it comes to December football. Weather (not applicable to Fargo), altitude, loudness of the environment, not having the proper footwear to play on a sheet of ice, it all adds up.

KPSUL
December 12th, 2022, 10:07 PM
Having to travel out west to the Dakotas or the state of Montana really just seems to be that much more of an elevated degree of difficulty when it comes to December football. Weather (not applicable to Fargo), altitude, loudness of the environment, not having the proper footwear to play on a sheet of ice, it all adds up.

Did the Holy Cross players think they had the wrong cleats? They certainly didn't look like they did. Now there was something clearly wrong watching the W&M players. They consistently looked flatfooted and slow to cut or change direction. Perhaps their foot gear wasn't ideally matched to the conditions. I also didn't understand why most of the W&M didn't wear insulated long sleeve shirts under their jerseys, balaclavas and gloves. What was completely obvious was the condition of the sidelines which was icey, but it seemed like they had done a much better job preparing the playing field.

gofurman
December 13th, 2022, 10:04 PM
No question overwhelmed in Bozeman. Too much though put into all this, it was one game. We overperformed in game one, underperformed game 2.

No question the west has become the core strength of FCS.

**The better programs in FCS east and south move up - the teams west do not. That doesn’t mean that things won’t shift again.

As far as eastern football, we had 2 of 8 in quarterfinals: W&M and Holy Cross. Not sure that’s well off the average.

Great observation !! It's not that teams on the East Coast are weaker.. it's that when they get great.. they LEAVE (for G5 - often the Sunbelt !!). I think EVERY team I list here is now a Sunbelt member - JMU, App State, Georgia Southern etc. Coastal Carolina was a fast riser and left for the Sunbelt and has done wonderfully for most of the past few years etc. So did Marshall who was DOMINANT but left long ago.

Someone remind why NDSU and SDSU don't leave ? Why don't they join a G5? Seriously, please remind me the reason

SDFS
December 13th, 2022, 10:17 PM
Great observation !! It's not that teams on the East Coast are weaker.. it's that when they get great.. they LEAVE (for G5 - often the Sunbelt !!). I think EVERY team I list here is now a Sunbelt member - JMU, App State, Georgia Southern etc. Coastal Carolina was a fast riser and left for the Sunbelt and has done wonderfully for most of the past few years etc. So did Marshall who was DOMINANT but left long ago.

Someone remind why NDSU and SDSU don't leave ? Why don't they join a G5? Seriously, please remind me the reason

The MAC and MWC have been stable. Now, that could be changing in the near future. So, you might see some turn. And SDSU and NDSU are really relatively new to FCS. Started the transition in 2003, plus the 5 year waiting period. So, playoff eligible in 2008. So, approximately 15 years at FCS.

UNHWildcat18
December 14th, 2022, 12:03 AM

I wonder if he will get the starting job! kid is talented, that's for sure

TypicalTribe96
December 14th, 2022, 08:02 AM
I think something that has been overlooked in this discussion is the crop of coaches that the CAA was blessed to have in the golden age that we've talking about. Guys like Talley, Laycock, McDonnell and Cosgrove had spent decades building programs with the latter three at their alma maters. KC Keeler spent a decade at Delaware (also his alma mater) before moving to SHSU and he is 46-14 in the postseason across his head coaching jobs. Add in Mickey Matthews and Mike London who won titles at Richmond and JMU and the conference was loaded with strong coaches with proven abilities to recruit. Even Bobby Wilder at ODU and Rob Ambrose, who took Towson to an FCS final.

In the last several years, every one of those programs changed coaches and new schools joined the conference while ODU and now JMU have left. THat's a lot of churn in a short span. It will take some time to sort out this new generation of the CAA.

WestCoastAggie
December 14th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Did the Holy Cross players think they had the wrong cleats? They certainly didn't look like they did. Now there was something clearly wrong watching the W&M players. They consistently looked flatfooted and slow to cut or change direction. Perhaps their foot gear wasn't ideally matched to the conditions. I also didn't understand why most of the W&M didn't wear insulated long sleeve shirts under their jerseys, balaclavas and gloves. What was completely obvious was the condition of the sidelines which was icey, but it seemed like they had done a much better job preparing the playing field.

The Elevation messed with W&M along with playing at the time in those conditions.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2022, 08:30 AM
Seriously? JFC if you don't understand this by now you never will......

ST_Lawson
December 14th, 2022, 09:24 AM
The MAC and MWC have been stable. Now, that could be changing in the near future. So, you might see some turn.

Yup...with the PAC12 getting raided/falling apart/whatever is happening to them, they're probably going to be looking to pull in teams from the MWC, which will in turn be looking for options. The MT teams and XDSUs are probably fairly high on those lists.

Tribe4SF
December 14th, 2022, 12:02 PM
The Elevation messed with W&M along with playing at the time in those conditions.

At the risk of being accused of making excuses there were a number of factors contributing to the poor performance. Limited practice time flying out on Wednesday. No access to Bobcat Stadium field prior to gameday. Altitude and time adjustment. Shoe issue was only part of the footing problem as players just weren't accustomed to conditions which changed during the game as the temperature dropped. Mellot and other Bobcat skill players switched to turf shoes during the game as they were needed on that surface. A really difficult week to prepare and then game time conditions just got the best of the Tribe. Facing a team as good as MSU proved insurmountable.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2022, 12:43 PM
At the risk of being accused of making excuses there were a number of factors contributing to the poor performance. Limited practice time flying out on Wednesday. No access to Bobcat Stadium field prior to gameday. Altitude and time adjustment. Shoe issue was only part of the footing problem as players just weren't accustomed to conditions which changed during the game as the temperature dropped. Mellot and other Bobcat skill players switched to turf shoes during the game as they were needed on that surface. A really difficult week to prepare and then game time conditions just got the best of the Tribe. Facing a team as good as MSU proved insurmountable.

All good points but you left out the part about the subliminal Abominable snowman and Sasquatch growling noises that were piped through the players hotel rooms at night...

Herder
December 14th, 2022, 12:45 PM
Yup...with the PAC12 getting raided/falling apart/whatever is happening to them, they're probably going to be looking to pull in teams from the MWC, which will in turn be looking for options. The MT teams and XDSUs are probably fairly high on those lists.

The PAC 12 falling apart? They are so afraid, they've added like . . . 10, 8, 6,4, 2 . . . Um . . . 0 teams.

FUBeAR
December 14th, 2022, 12:57 PM
All good points but you left out the part about the subliminal Abominable snowman and Sasquatch growling noises that were piped through the players hotel rooms at night...
Weren’t The Tribe also forced to travel to Boseman aboard Snowpiercer, in the tail section?

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/06/13/arts/snowpiercer4/snowpiercer4-superJumbo.jpg

Catbooster
December 14th, 2022, 12:59 PM
I agree that there were numerous little things that individually wouldn't have had as much affect on your team but combined made it easy for things to snowball and overwhelm them. That's part of why playoff experience is so valuable.

However, I'm not sure where you heard that your team didn't have access to the field. I was sure I had seen several videos of them on our field long before the game. You made me curious so I went back and looked. Here's one of them I remembered:
https://twitter.com/CAAFootball/status/1601169877561053184
Is that the CAA commissioner talking about the game "tomorrow night"? Maybe that's not in the stadium?
I live near the stadium and thought I remembered activity at the stadium the night before, later than our team typically is there, so I had assumed it was W&M practicing on the field.
I suppose maybe they were plowing the field or something that made it so you couldn't get on the field early?

Edit to add: This is another - looks like it's at the high school.
https://twitter.com/WMTribeFootball/status/1601300990635831296

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2022, 01:12 PM
Weren’t The Tribe also forced to travel to Boseman aboard Snowpiercer, in the tail section?

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/06/13/arts/snowpiercer4/snowpiercer4-superJumbo.jpg

You mean Polar Ice breaker? Looks very familiar

Tribe4SF
December 14th, 2022, 03:05 PM
I agree that there were numerous little things that individually wouldn't have had as much affect on your team but combined made it easy for things to snowball and overwhelm them. That's part of why playoff experience is so valuable.

However, I'm not sure where you heard that your team didn't have access to the field. I was sure I had seen several videos of them on our field long before the game. You made me curious so I went back and looked. Here's one of them I remembered:
https://twitter.com/CAAFootball/status/1601169877561053184
Is that the CAA commissioner talking about the game "tomorrow night"? Maybe that's not in the stadium?
I live near the stadium and thought I remembered activity at the stadium the night before, later than our team typically is there, so I had assumed it was W&M practicing on the field.
I suppose maybe they were plowing the field or something that made it so you couldn't get on the field early?

Edit to add: This is another - looks like it's at the high school.
https://twitter.com/WMTribeFootball/status/1601300990635831296

That was at a high school field.

KPSUL
December 14th, 2022, 03:48 PM

Why wasn't W&M given some time on the game field on Thursday? Were they still clearing snow or preparing the surface?

I laugh when I see the comments from fans of Dakota and Montana team implying that the only reason East Coast teams have usually played poorly in their stadiums during the playoffs is that the Northern Midwest teams are just so superior or that the East Coast guys are just a bunch of pussies (As in pussy cats) who can't play in cold weather. However, how have they done in the rare playoff games they play on the East Coast? The only two in recent memory, SDSU @ JMU 2017 and Montana @ JMU 2021 resulted in lopsided losses for the men of the great white north. I wish I could include NDSU in the analysis; however, they haven't played a playoff game on the road anywhere since 2011.

Chalupa Batman
December 14th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Why wasn't W&M given some time on the game field on Thursday? Were they still clearing snow or preparing the surface?

I laugh when I see the comments from fans of Dakota and Montana team implying that the only reason East Coast teams have usually played poorly in their stadiums during the playoffs is that the Northern Midwest teams are just so superior or that the East Coast guys are just a bunch of pussies (As in pussy cats) who can't play in cold weather. However, how have they done in the rare playoff games they play on the East Coast? The only two in recent memory, SDSU @ JMU 2017 and Montana @ JMU 2021 resulted in lopsided losses also. I wish I could include NDSU in the analysis; however, they haven't played a playoff game on the road anywhere since 2011.

NDSU played at Sam Houston in the spring season as well. Before that the previous road games were in 2010.

Edited to add: You can also add Northern Iowa @ JMU, SDSU @ Kennesaw State, SDSU @ Villanova, UND @ JMU to the list of recent games midwest teams played on the east coast. Weber State @ JMU should also be mentioned as well even though Weber isn't in the Midwest, but neither is Montana and you included them as well.

KPSUL
December 14th, 2022, 04:10 PM
NDSU played at Sam Houston in the spring season as well. Before that the previous road games were in 2010.

I stand corrected. UNH stopped playing due to Covid after 1 game in the Spring 2021 so I didn't pay much attention. Obviously the home field advantage for NDSU is not related to cold weather; however there are some unique qualities of the Fargodome that make things very difficult on a visiting team. Not only are the Bizon fans loud and enthusiastic, they are amplified inside a building about as small as a football facility could be. The stands are ridiculously close to the sidelines - when the offense and defense takes seats when not on the field, their backs are up against the retaining wall of the stands. It makes it almost impossible for coaches to effectively communicate with their players. In fact, if the fans what to make it so, it is impossible.

SDFS
December 14th, 2022, 05:11 PM
The PAC 12 falling apart? They are so afraid, they've added like . . . 10, 8, 6,4, 2 . . . Um . . . 0 teams.

It's the teams that are leaving that are the problem not who they are adding. They have lost 2 USC and UCLA. And rumors of Oregon and Washington next to Big 10 and the four corners to Big 12. But, you are right they have not added anyone - so why worry everything is going to be fine - nothing to see here.

WestCoastAggie
December 14th, 2022, 05:15 PM
So... Who should NC A&T look to hire?

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2022, 05:23 PM

I heard it was because the field was still being cleared..
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/image/svg xml;charset=utf-8,%3Csvg xmlns='http%3A//www.w3.org/2000/svg' xmlns%3Axlink='http%3A//www.w3.org/1999/xlink' viewBox='0 0 9 6'%3E%3Cfilter id='b' color-interpolation-filters='sRGB'%3E%3CfeGaussianBlur stdDeviation='.5'%3E%3C/feGaussianBlur%3E%3CfeComponentTransfer%3E%3CfeFun cA type='discrete' tableValues='1 1'%3E%3C/feFuncA%3E%3C/feComponentTransfer%3E%3C/filter%3E%3Cimage filter='url(%23b)' x='0' y='0' height='100%25' width='100%25' xlink%3Ahref='data%3Aimage/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wBDABALDA4MChAODQ4SERATGCgaGBYWGDEjJR0oOjM9PDkzOD dASFxOQERXRTc4UG1RV19iZ2hnPk1xeXBkeFxlZ2P/2wBDARESEhgVGC8aGi9jQjhCY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2 NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2P/wAARCAAGAAkDASIAAhEBAxEB/8QAFgABAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMG/8QAHhAAAgICAgMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQMAAgQUMlOBkuH/xAAVAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAv/EABURAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEA/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwDWZBytpbUMoF1BFl3HLzK7bOunt8iJQQ3/2Q=='%3E%3C/image%3E%3C/svg%3Ehttps://images01-military-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/images01.military.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/2021-11/mil-polar-star-breaks-ice-near-mcmurdo-1800.jpg?itok=sKAMV54u

KPSUL
December 14th, 2022, 05:24 PM
Edited to add: You can also add Northern Iowa @ JMU, SDSU @ Kennesaw State, SDSU @ Villanova, UND @ JMU to the list of recent games midwest teams played on the east coast. Weber State @ JMU should also be mentioned as well even though Weber isn't in the Midwest, but neither is Montana and you included them as well.

I was posting from memory and I remember the Weber @ JMU games - I went to them both, however, they didn't meet my criteria of Montana or the Dakotas. But it does indicate the rigors of flying across the country for a playoff game - JMU won them both, although Weber gave them a hell of a game in the first one. Now that you mentioned it I do recall watching UNI get shut out by JMU on TV, since UNI is short drive south from South Dakota I guess we can count that one too. I had to look up the results of the Spring 2021 ND @ JMU game you mentioned - a JMU win. (I put a BIG** after the 2021 Spring Season - I largely took the season off). I simply don't consider Kennesaw an "East Coast" team - somewhere just south of the Charlotte Douglas Airport I draw the bold line between the East Coast and the Deep South so they are not in my dataset. I have no recollection of the SDSU win over Nova probably because I travelled to Harrisonburg, VA that same weekend to watch the Dukes trounce the Grizzlys. I also attended the 2017 game when JMU trounced the Jack Rabbits. SO, bottom line, now counting all the visits of ND,SD,IA and UT teams made to play FCS playoff games on my "East Coast" that you and I could cobble together, the record is 1 win and 6 losses. And it looks like I attended 4 of them - all wins.

KPSUL
December 14th, 2022, 05:27 PM
I heard it was because the field was still being cleared..
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/image/svg xml;charset=utf-8,%3Csvg xmlns='http%3A//www.w3.org/2000/svg' xmlns%3Axlink='http%3A//www.w3.org/1999/xlink' viewBox='0 0 9 6'%3E%3Cfilter id='b' color-interpolation-filters='sRGB'%3E%3CfeGaussianBlur stdDeviation='.5'%3E%3C/feGaussianBlur%3E%3CfeComponentTransfer%3E%3CfeFun cA type='discrete' tableValues='1 1'%3E%3C/feFuncA%3E%3C/feComponentTransfer%3E%3C/filter%3E%3Cimage filter='url(%23b)' x='0' y='0' height='100%25' width='100%25' xlink%3Ahref='data%3Aimage/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wBDABALDA4MChAODQ4SERATGCgaGBYWGDEjJR0oOjM9PDkzOD dASFxOQERXRTc4UG1RV19iZ2hnPk1xeXBkeFxlZ2P/2wBDARESEhgVGC8aGi9jQjhCY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2 NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2NjY2P/wAARCAAGAAkDASIAAhEBAxEB/8QAFgABAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMG/8QAHhAAAgICAgMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQMAAgQUMlOBkuH/xAAVAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAv/EABURAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEA/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwDWZBytpbUMoF1BFl3HLzK7bOunt8iJQQ3/2Q=='%3E%3C/image%3E%3C/svg%3Ehttps://images01-military-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/images01.military.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/2021-11/mil-polar-star-breaks-ice-near-mcmurdo-1800.jpg?itok=sKAMV54u

Is that the one and only ice breaker the US Navy owns?

KPSUL
December 14th, 2022, 05:30 PM
So... Who should NC A&T look to hire?

Bob Chesney from Holy Cross. Maybe he'd like to live in a warmer climate? If not, try to lure Tre Oliver from NCCU - he's already beaten a CAA Co-Champion in their own stadium.

SteelSD
December 14th, 2022, 05:30 PM

You are a total Troll, but have to give you props for this.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2022, 05:35 PM
Is that the one and only ice breaker the US Navy owns?

Navy sailors couldn’t handle 6 months at sea ...

https://www.pacificarea.uscg.mil/Portals/8/11.jpg

KPSUL
December 14th, 2022, 05:48 PM
Navy sailors couldn’t handle 6 months at sea ...

Were you a Puddle Pirate?

Chalupa Batman
December 14th, 2022, 06:12 PM
I was posting from memory and I remember the Weber @ JMU games - I went to them both, however, they didn't meet my criteria of Montana or the Dakotas. But it does indicate the rigors of flying across the country for a playoff game - JMU won them both, although Weber gave them a hell of a game in the first one. Now that you mentioned it I do recall watching UNI get shut out by JMU on TV, since UNI is short drive south from South Dakota I guess we can count that one too. I had to look up the results of the Spring 2021 ND @ JMU game you mentioned - a JMU win. (I put a BIG** after the 2021 Spring Season - I largely took the season off). I simply don't consider Kennesaw an "East Coast" team - somewhere just south of the Charlotte Douglas Airport I draw the bold line between the East Coast and the Deep South so they are not in my dataset. I have no recollection of the SDSU win over Nova probably because I travelled to Harrisonburg, VA that same weekend to watch the Dukes trounce the Grizzlys. I also attended the 2017 game when JMU trounced the Jack Rabbits. SO, bottom line, now counting all the visits of ND,SD,IA and UT teams made to play FCS playoff games on my "East Coast" that you and I could cobble together, the record is 1 win and 6 losses. And it looks like I attended 4 of them - all wins.

You took a liberty in including Montana in the Midwest so I took a liberty and included Kennesaw State as an east coast team. :D

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Were you a Puddle Pirate?

Nope

Pirate of the Caribbean

KPSUL
December 14th, 2022, 09:26 PM
You took a liberty in including Montana in the Midwest so I took a liberty and included Kennesaw State as an east coast team. :D

Let's call Montana the Northern Rocky MTs. It's not far enough west to be in the Pacific Northwest, or far enough east to be the Midwest. And where does the West begin? Traditionally the Mississippi River, but in area, that's got to give "out west" at least 2/3rd of the US. That's too much for the Westerners, let's change it to West of the the Missouri River. That would make folks in Fargo and Brookings "Easterners", and therefore easier to beat in football.

penguinpower
December 15th, 2022, 03:27 AM
My CAA thoughts are this:

5 teams was too many. Zero in the semifinals.
Delaware shouldn't have been admitted into the field, but neither should Montana. But Montana's athletic director arranged for a playoff spot AND home game. The playoff system is a fraud just like everything else in America

UNHWildcat18
December 15th, 2022, 04:44 AM

Delaware shouldn't have been admitted into the field, but neither should Montana. But Montana's athletic director arranged for a playoff spot AND home game. The playoff system is a fraud just like everything else in America

thanks for the wonderful insight that's been talked about literally since the selection show.....

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 07:40 AM

Unfortunately for this train of thought, all but one of the CAA entries won their first games.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2022, 07:53 AM
all but one of the CAA entries won their first games.

https://www.thekiwicountrygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Small-Batch-Vanilla-Cupcakes-6.jpg
St. Francis

Fordham

Davidson

Gardner-Webb

Bisonator
December 15th, 2022, 08:10 AM
Unfortunately for this train of thought, all but one of the CAA entries won their first games.

Thanks to sacrificial lambs from out east again. Congrats the CAA is the best of the worst! :D

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 08:12 AM
https://www.thekiwicountrygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Small-Batch-Vanilla-Cupcakes-6.jpg
St. Francis

Fordham

Davidson

Gardner-Webb

Looks like murderers row compared to Furman’s schedule

D2 North Greenville

Charleston Southern. VMI

Wofford

Bisonator
December 15th, 2022, 08:17 AM

D2 North Greenville

Charleston Southern. VMI

Wofford

Or

Hampton
Stony Brook
Lafayette

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Or

Hampton
Stony Brook
Lafayette

OR

Drake
Western Illinois
NC A&T

Bisonator
December 15th, 2022, 08:23 AM
OR

Drake
Western Illinois
NC A&T
Exactly, what's any of those have to do with the playoffs?

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 08:30 AM
Exactly, what's any of those have to do with the playoffs?

Given that’s part of your own resume which gave you a 3 seed and home field advantage, I would say pretty significant.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2022, 08:41 AM

D2 North Greenville

Charleston Southern. VMI

Woffordhttps://media.tenor.com/MvDDfjyskZIAAAAM/golfing-kid.gif

Bisonator
December 15th, 2022, 08:51 AM
Given that’s part of your own resume which gave you a 3 seed and home field advantage, I would say pretty significant.
And W&M's got the same advantage with their resume. Not sure why you went there when the PO cupcakes were being discussed.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2022, 08:54 AM
Thanks to sacrificial lambs from out east again. Congrats the CAA is the best of the worst! :D
Needs visual…

https://i0.wp.com/lynmcnamee.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Four-lambs-Jenny.jpg?fit=1191%2C620&ssl=1
St. Francis
Fordham

Gardner-Webb

Davidson

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2022, 08:57 AM
Elon 26
Waffle 0

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2022, 08:58 AM
Elon 26
Waffle 0
Don’t make FUBeAR hit y’all with that half of Elon’s Defense getting ‘nerve gassed’ in Paladin Stadium photo again.

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 09:01 AM
And W&M's got the same advantage with their resume. Not sure why you went there when the PO cupcakes were being discussed.

You are an at-large and a 3 seed. Try to catch up.

Bisonator
December 15th, 2022, 09:29 AM
You are an at-large and a 3 seed. Try to catch up.
And you got spanked by the first team you played from east of the Appalachians.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2022, 10:12 AM
And the CAA got spanked by any & every team they played in the Playoffs from west of the Appalachians…and 1 from SC.
FYP

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 10:24 AM
And you got spanked by the first team you played from east of the Appalachians.

Good lord, buy a globe.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2022, 10:28 AM
Good lord, buy a globe.
Globe?

C’mon…you know all, except the cultural elite from VA to ME and West Coasters, are Flat-Earthers.

We don’t believe in globes!

(and…you knew it was a typo)

SteelSD
December 15th, 2022, 10:59 AM
Are you seriously trying to deflect from your team getting boat raced in Montana?! You should act more like your team and just quit.

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 11:09 AM
Are you seriously trying to deflect from your team getting boat raced in Montana?! You should act more like your team and just quit.

We just don’t play well east of the Appalachian Mountains.

Shouldn’t you be out there trying to drum up some support? Maybe you can draw a bigger crowd this weekend than the Costco in Sioux Falls.

SteelSD
December 15th, 2022, 11:21 AM

Shouldn’t you be out there trying to drum up some support? Maybe you can draw a bigger crowd this weekend than the Costco in Sioux Falls.
Shouldn't your team be worried about acting like it actually belongs in the playoffs? And we will have more fans at our semifinal game than you do...oh, wait...

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 11:40 AM
Shouldn't your team be worried about acting like it actually belongs in the playoffs? And we will have more fans at our semifinal game than you do...oh, wait...

Not worried. As someone pointed out, we just don’t play well east of the Appalachians.

Given your first two games, I wouldn’t bet you could outdraw Outback in Williamsburg this weekend.

JacksFan40
December 15th, 2022, 12:10 PM

I’d rather win in front of 6000 fans over losing in front of 12000 fans.

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 12:25 PM
I’d rather win in front of 6000 fans over losing in front of 12000 fans.

Duh. Let’s hope MSU brings some of their rabid fan base to Brookings. The game should be a great draw (weather permitting). And their band (which was awesome btw).

SteelSD
December 15th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Not worried. As someone pointed out, we just don’t play well east of the Appalachians.

Given your first two games, I wouldn’t bet you could outdraw Outback in Williamsburg this weekend.
I do guarantee we outscore W&M against MSU which is guess is almost as important as the attendance at your local Outback. But please, keep reaching for a moral victory after your team embarrassed itself. I do know there were far more kids downtown Brookings puking than there were points score by W&M. I could keep going...

I've never seen anyone try and die on the geography hill on AGS before... You'll have to take it up with the geography people in Fargo, maybe they need to upgrade their curriculum.

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 01:24 PM
I do guarantee we outscore W&M against MSU which is guess is almost as important as the attendance at your local Outback. But please, keep reaching for a moral victory after your team embarrassed itself. I do know there were far more kids downtown Brookings puking than there were points score by W&M. I could keep going...

I've never seen anyone try and die on the geography hill on AGS before... You'll have to take it up with the geography people in Fargo, maybe they need to upgrade their curriculum.

I’m sure you could keep going but you realize you are on a CAA thread? Why bother with such a big game ahead. Perhaps you got your compass mixed up. There’s an entire thread on your upcoming game. Most here would rather talk about Towson’s new coach, not the bunnies.

Well, good luck with the Bobcats. They are a solid team. You will need I think a better showing than last week to pull it out. The sight of Sluka slicing through your defense in front of a sea of empty seats was not a great look last weekend. For the number 1 ranked team in FCS, it was quite frankly a pretty pathetic look.

SteelSD
December 15th, 2022, 01:38 PM
I’m sure you could keep going but you realize you are on a CAA thread? Why bother with such a big game ahead. Perhaps you got your compass mixed up. There’s an entire thread on your upcoming game. Most here would rather talk about Towson’s new coach, not the bunnies.

Well, good luck with the Bobcats. They are a solid team. You will need I think a better showing than last week to pull it out. The sight of Sluka slicing through your defense in front of a sea of empty seats was not a great look last weekend. For the number 1 ranked team in FCS, it was quite frankly a pretty pathetic look.
I can be on any thread talking about whatever I want because I'm not involved in the team's game planning for MSU. And I was talking about a CAA team, but you decided to rabbit trail to geography. And far and away the most pathetic thing about the quarterfinals games was your team showing up to a game and quitting in front of everyone's eyes. But please, dwell on SDSU's attendance.

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 01:54 PM
I can be on any thread talking about whatever I want because I'm not involved in the team's game planning for MSU. And I was talking about a CAA team, but you decided to rabbit trail to geography. And far and away the most pathetic thing about the quarterfinals games was your team showing up to a game and quitting in front of everyone's eyes. But please, dwell on SDSU's attendance.

Of course you can be on any thread and your attention, all in obvious good spirit, is welcome. But you’re starting to embarrass yourself. Your obsession is having the impact of making you seem small and quite frankly, a bit needy.

You should save some salt for the MSU crowd (they are located WEST of you FYI).

SteelSD
December 15th, 2022, 01:59 PM
Of course you can be on any thread and your attention, all in obvious good spirit, is welcome. But you’re starting to embarrass yourself. Your obsession is having the impact of making you seem small and quite frankly, a bit needy.

You should save some salt for the MSU crowd (they are located WEST of you FYI).
Is reading comprehension not at thing taught at W&M? I never once stated anything about the location of your school. Just mentioned your hang up about it.

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 02:03 PM
Is reading comprehension not at thing taught at W&M? I never once stated anything about the location of your school. Just mentioned your hang up about it.

You’ve almost doubled your posting frequency! And all while posting anything of interest or significance.

Bisonator
December 15th, 2022, 02:13 PM
You’ve almost doubled your posting frequency! And all while posting anything of interest or significance.
Says the guy that's been here for 13 years and has 1130 posts. Glad I could help raise your post count with my typo. xlolx

Sitting Bull
December 15th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Says the guy that's been here for 13 years and has 1130 posts. Glad I could help raise your post count with my typo. xlolx

No problem. It’s nice to have some Valley company. Good luck!

Gangtackle11
December 15th, 2022, 05:38 PM
How about that new Towson coach? xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 16th, 2022, 01:50 PM
What has neutered Towson's potential in the past? Ambrose had them a good under West but never truly established anything. They've been a .500 program for 40 years....literally....

I believe the new coach has the capacity to win big but will the Towson culture allow it?

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 27th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Good article from Flosports and the CAA and their signees, watchout for the Camels they have quite the recruiting class.

https://www.flofootball.com/articles/10219309-fcs-programs-including-caa-newcomer-campbell-make-signing-day-splash