PDA

View Full Version : WAC/ASUN Alliance

Pages : 1 2 [3]

SFA 93
March 22nd, 2023, 11:57 AM
New to the SFA defensive coaching staff.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1638581876267859969/NE9o3rrh?format=jpg&name=medium

bonarae
April 6th, 2023, 05:33 PM
Update from Matt Brown: the pipe dream is becoming unlikely now for the FBS conference idea.

Sitting Bull
April 6th, 2023, 05:41 PM
Update from Matt Brown: the pipe dream is becoming unlikely now for the FBS conference idea.

So Austin Peay really won’t be on the same level as Tennessee and Alabama?

UNAPride
April 6th, 2023, 06:31 PM
From D1.ticker:

Extra Points purveyor Brown writes on the latest developments connected to the ASUN-WAC mashup: “Oliver Luck told me the DI Council is scheduled to discuss the issue again later this month, and that the WAC-ASUN plans to ask for a waiver [to the moratorium on single-sport conferences]. I’m not saying it’s impossible that the league gets that waiver, but right now, I think the smart money is that it won’t happen….at least this month. [...] I’m honestly still trying to better understand why administrators outside the ASUN/WAC are reluctant to grant a waiver. I’ve heard some industry people speculate that it may make more sense for the NCAA to deliver more clear guidelines about what it means to be FBS or FCS before opening the proverbial floodgates, and will certainly be pushback among FBS leaders if any FCS league tries to join FBS as a group. But I’ve also heard many an AD privately wonder if more regional, sport-specific conferences for Olympic sports would make more financial and logistical sense.” Brown goes on to note that the league’s current membership seems stable, “right this second” & that no individual member is an immediate FBS candidate, per sources.

Laker
April 7th, 2023, 01:46 PM
Could UT-A bring back football?

First Hurdle Cleared in Bid to Bring Back Football to UT Arlington – Fear The FCS (https://fearthefcs.com/2023/04/07/first-hurdle-cleared-in-bid-to-bring-back-football-to-ut-arlington/)

UNAPride
April 7th, 2023, 04:31 PM
Could UT-A bring back football?

First Hurdle Cleared in Bid to Bring Back Football to UT Arlington – Fear The FCS (https://fearthefcs.com/2023/04/07/first-hurdle-cleared-in-bid-to-bring-back-football-to-ut-arlington/)

Wow! Interesting!!

Libertine
April 9th, 2023, 09:53 PM

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

I didn't plow through Brown's paywall but this particular line in the preview sums up the biggest reason why a WAC/ASUN FBS league was never going to happen which, incidentally, also happens to be the precise reason why many of us said it wouldn't.

Not every WAC and ASUN institution is equally ready (or even that enthusiastic) about FBS football.

FBS Wack-A-Son was always going to be an all-or-nothing deal that required sufficient FBS commitment and resources from every single member which, realistically, just isn't possible.