PDA

View Full Version : David Ball to tryout for the Rams Tuesday

Old Cat Fan
October 1st, 2007, 12:33 AM
Ball is looking for work

Published: Sunday, September 30, 2007
By Mike Donoghue
Free Press Staff Writer

BARRE -- Former Spaulding High School football standout David Ball, who was cut from the Chicago Bears' practice squad last week, will have a tryout with the St. Louis Rams on Tuesday.

Ball said Saturday he is still talking with the Bears but is also considering all National Football League options.

Ball, who broke the NCAA Division I-AA touchdown reception record last year as a senior at the University of New Hampshire, said he will give it his all on Tuesday with the Rams.

"They are just going to take a look at me ... and they will let me know. They are struggling right now, it seems. They are a passing team so there are opportunity there," the wide receiver said before Spaulding's homecoming game.

Ball said he doesn't want to miss a chance for the NFL.

"I don't really want to be sitting around during these two weeks waiting for everything to work out with the Bears because it is my job. I am missing my paycheck," said Ball, who was also cut from the Bears' practice squad for two days earlier this month due to injuries.

This is different.

"This is more of a longterm thing until guys get healthy, but as soon as spots open back up I expect to hear back. If not, I'll be with another team," Ball said.

"I still have a dialogue with the Bears. My release wasn't based on how I was doing down there. It was strictly based on numbers and that's how it is in this league," he said.

Contact Mike Donoghue at 660-1845 or [email protected] press.com

Pauly LB
October 1st, 2007, 09:55 AM
Best of luck to David Ball -- the finest ever to come out of Barre, Vermont !!!

Another well known FCS player -- Buck Award Winner Kyle Shotwell of Cal Poly has a workout on Tuesday in Green Bay with the Packers...

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2007, 10:47 AM
Christ, the Eagles should give him a tryout! Moribund receivers in yesterdays game.