PDA

View Full Version : Disney having trouble selling ads for ESPN+?

WestCoastAggie
March 21st, 2022, 12:07 PM
https://twitter.com/LAState0fMind/status/1505950542337564675

I wonder how this will affect TV and Streaming deals for FCS conferences moving forward?

Go Green
March 22nd, 2022, 01:57 PM
Dartmouth basketball games on ESPN+ show pretty much the same three ads every commercial break.

Dartmouth football games aren't that much better.

UNAPride
March 22nd, 2022, 07:23 PM
Dartmouth basketball games on ESPN+ show pretty much the same three ads every commercial break.

Dartmouth football games aren't that much better.

Yes and sometimes it the same ad over and over. Of course, sprinkled with ads from the conference and schools but still, I can see that their advertiser pool is pretty sparse.

I wonder what their viewership is like. I love ESPN+ to be honest. I watch so much on it. From jumping around to different ASUN games and other conferences, it's just cool to have instant access to all of that.

When UNA plays a school from like CUSA who has their own streaming service, it's a bummer. Unless it's a big game, I just resort to listening to the radio broadcast instead.

I get ESPN+ in a bundle with Hulu and Disney+.

BEAR
March 22nd, 2022, 11:07 PM
I always thought streaming games always replayed ads over and over and over and over..... xlolx

walliver
March 23rd, 2022, 02:15 PM
I believe the crux of the article is that Disney doesn't really have a system in place for selling ads on ESPN+, not that no-one wants to advertize.

SUPharmacist
March 24th, 2022, 11:51 AM
Every game I have watched is always a bunch of repeated ads. Is it truly so few eyeballs (possibly), or is the asking price to high for such a small slice?

As someone with no experience in this area, I have to wonder are the repeated ads really the best way to maximize there return or could they ask the conferences and programs on their to help connect them with more small local advertisers for a bargain price. Maybe that is too labor intensive to make the ad deals and actually play the different ads.

MR. CHICKEN
March 24th, 2022, 01:07 PM
Every game I have watched is always a bunch of repeated ads. Is it truly so few eyeballs (possibly), or is the asking price to high for such a small slice?

As someone with no experience in this area, I have to wonder are the repeated ads really the best way to maximize there return or could they ask the conferences and programs on their to help connect them with more small local advertisers for a bargain price. Maybe that is too labor intensive to make the ad deals and actually play the different ads.

...SAME WITH...ESPN3....AWQ!

OhioHen
March 25th, 2022, 05:30 AM
...SAME WITH...ESPN3....AWQ!
And with Flo

Cocky
March 25th, 2022, 07:50 AM
At the price you pay it should be ad free.

If you do add more advertisers also hires some cameramen and announcers who are worth the fees.

FUBeAR
March 25th, 2022, 08:01 AM

If you do add more advertisers also hires some cameramen and announcers who are worth the fees.in the SoCon, and most likely elsewhere, each school ‘hires’ their announcers and cameramen, etc. They often using students for the behind the scenes jobs. Essentially, the school produces the broadcast and ESPN provides the platform. Not sure, but the school (with some assistance from the Conference) may be responsible for selling the ads on their broadcasts…and perhaps shares that revenue with ESPN.

Others here may have more/better info about the structure.

Libertine
March 25th, 2022, 09:39 AM
in the SoCon, and most likely elsewhere, each school ‘hires’ their announcers and cameramen, etc. They often using students for the behind the scenes jobs. Essentially, the school produces the broadcast and ESPN provides the platform. Not sure, but the school (with some assistance from the Conference) may be responsible for selling the ads on their broadcasts…and perhaps shares that revenue with ESPN.

Others here may have more/better info about the structure.

I believe that this is correct. As I understand it -- I could be very wrong -- ESPN+ was originally conceived as a medium less for TV viewing and more for viewing on mobile devices (laptops, tablets, phones, etc.,) so the advertising on those devices centers less on in-stream commercials and more on banner ads.

WestCoastAggie
March 25th, 2022, 02:32 PM

If you do add more advertisers also hires some cameramen and announcers who are worth the fees.

I disagree here. If anything, Disney should have subs + ads based service that generates revenue for content providers. This is an untapped resource for Conferences. Heck, Disney should develop an advertising platform similar to what I use for my website. They go out and solicit display and video advertisements and I keep 60 percent of the profits and it's a really nice profit generated every month. My website is pooled with other similar websites they represent and they go out and sell ads for all of us.

I know if Disney pooled together the FCS conferences and sold their ad-space together, they'd be able to generate a nice amount for each FCS conference on the ESPN+ platform monthly. However, as someone mentioned earlier, Disney would have to build this out.

ElCid
March 25th, 2022, 07:23 PM
So does anyone actually watch these ads? Seriously. As soon as an ad starts I mute and go to my desk top or phone for another game. And I just rotate. Not sure I've ever watched other than about 2 seconds of an ad on ESPN +, which I only have for FCS football. I love cancelling every Dec.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 26th, 2022, 11:12 AM
I disagree here. If anything, Disney should have subs + ads based service that generates revenue for content providers. This is an untapped resource for Conferences. Heck, Disney should develop an advertising platform similar to what I use for my website. They go out and solicit display and video advertisements and I keep 60 percent of the profits and it's a really nice profit generated every month. My website is pooled with other similar websites they represent and they go out and sell ads for all of us.

I know if Disney pooled together the FCS conferences and sold their ad-space together, they'd be able to generate a nice amount for each FCS conference on the ESPN+ platform monthly. However, as someone mentioned earlier, Disney would have to care.

FIFY

There are compelling arguments for a "ground-up" collaborative approach to FCS Conferences banding together to negotiate better TV rights for all the schools of their subdivision. But to Disney, it's like pennies to them, so FCS is not valued properly as an asset overall. In terms of FCS, what they should do (and I've advocated this since forever) is to band together and take their product to the free market and see what Netflix, Amazon, Google, FOX or any number of other providers might be willing to pay. Only then will all of these things improve. IMVHO.

Sandlapper Spike
March 26th, 2022, 12:12 PM
This seems more of a technological problem than a sales issue.

Libertine
March 26th, 2022, 09:04 PM
There are compelling arguments for a "ground-up" collaborative approach to FCS Conferences banding together to negotiate better TV rights for all the schools of their subdivision. But to Disney, it's like pennies to them, so FCS is not valued properly as an asset overall.

I know this isn't a popular perspective on an FCS board -- and understandably so -- but Disney's view on this is the prevailing one. College sports is, first and foremost, a business and that business revolves nearly entirely around FBS football and men's basketball. FCS football is, from a business perspective, a niche market and just doesn't move the needle in large scale corporate decisions. FCS conferences banding together to negotiate with Disney would have the same appreciable negotiating power as any one of them already has.

CockyGeek
March 27th, 2022, 08:14 AM
It's always been just a couple of ads on all these platforms that repeat over and over again.

caribbeanhen
March 27th, 2022, 09:57 AM
So does anyone actually watch these ads? Seriously. As soon as an ad starts I mute and go to my desk top or phone for another game. And I just rotate. Not sure I've ever watched other than about 2 seconds of an ad on ESPN +, which I only have for FCS football. I love cancelling every Dec.

haven't watched a commercial since the Seveties

B o l o g n a

hey Mikey

oh what a relief it is

I’m like you, when they come on I’m moving on to something else

ElCid
March 27th, 2022, 09:59 AM
haven't watched a commercial since the Seveties

B o l o g n a

hey Mikey

oh what a relief it is

I’m like you, when they come on I’m moving on to something else

I know, right? I guess some people mindlessly watch them.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 27th, 2022, 02:37 PM
I know this isn't a popular perspective on an FCS board -- and understandably so -- but Disney's view on this is the prevailing one. College sports is, first and foremost, a business and that business revolves nearly entirely around FBS football and men's basketball. FCS football is, from a business perspective, a niche market and just doesn't move the needle in large scale corporate decisions. FCS conferences banding together to negotiate with Disney would have the same appreciable negotiating power as any one of them already has.

"Prevailing" is not the same as "correct", but point well taken.

Hammerhead
March 29th, 2022, 08:49 AM

The problem is we have a limited number of good sports announcers and camera operators. If every D-I game is on ESPN=+, you're bound to get worst production crews at the games with the lowest viewership.

ElCid
March 29th, 2022, 09:23 AM
The problem is we have a limited number of good sports announcers and camera operators. If every D-I game is on ESPN=+, you're bound to get worst production crews at the games with the lowest viewership.

Maybe they could bump up interest, and maybe viewership, if they started a contest where the color commentator of one game each week is chosen by a lottery among fans. It would be interesting and couldn't be much worse than some of the yahoos that they have now. Or maybe add a third person in this manner. It certainly would be interesting to watch.

NDSU1980
March 29th, 2022, 09:40 AM
They couldn't even get a good color guy for the FCS championship game. Jay Walker was beyond mind numbing with the comments he made during the game.

Milktruck74
April 5th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Maybe they could bump up interest, and maybe viewership, if they started a contest where the color commentator of one game each week is chosen by a lottery among fans. It would be interesting and couldn't be much worse than some of the yahoos that they have now. Or maybe add a third person in this manner. It certainly would be interesting to watch.

I think I'd prefer more of a Hunger Games approach, where the worst each week was eliminated.....kind of a "you've been voted off the island" thing....but as far as This goes, they could easily sell a top and bottom banner for the game and just run with it. Of course, right now the big D has plenty of bigger issues on hand than advertising on ESPN+.

Milktruck74
April 5th, 2022, 06:48 PM

I grew up with an Emmy award winning color guy in the house....that said, I watched him spend countless hours at the kitchen table preparing for saturday's game....He was a professional, and it showed!!!! I think many of these guys show up for the game and the only prep they did was the 6 Gin and Tonics at the local college bar the night before...and their "did you see my conference championship ring???" mentality!

walliver
April 11th, 2022, 02:12 PM
For the SoCon, ESPN+ productions are produced by the host school, usually using the local radio crew, often with students manning the equipment. Some do a better job than others. A few are unwatchable with jittery out-of-focus cameras and an astounding ability to completely miss the actual play while zooming in on something else. The ads also seem to be local to the home team also.

But even on P5 games shown on ESPN+, the advertising spots reserved for local broadcast are replaced with a generic "commercial in progress" screen. It also seems to be common to see the same ad air two or three times in a row during a single break.

Bisonoline
April 11th, 2022, 10:36 PM
ESPN + did a great job with the Masters.

POD Knows
April 12th, 2022, 12:32 PM
ESPN + did a great job with the Masters.
The coverage was CBS was somewhat annoying, multiple times CBS would cut away from an approach shot that was still moving on the green to show the golfers face or simply cut away to other action, you dont take the camera off the ball on a green at Augusta until it stops moving.

The Masters.com site was good, I liked being able to watch all of the shots from individual players for the entire 18 holes but the site worked better on my laptop than it did on my phone, it would freeze up on my phone once in a while.

ElCid
April 12th, 2022, 01:43 PM
The coverage was CBS was somewhat annoying, multiple times CBS would cut away from an approach shot that was still moving on the green to show the golfers face or simply cut away to other action, you dont take the camera off the ball on a green at Augusta until it stops moving.

The Masters.com site was good, I liked being able to watch all of the shots from individual players for the entire 18 holes but the site worked better on my laptop than it did on my phone, it would freeze up on my phone once in a while.

You nailed it. The director for CBS was horrible. Worst I've seen in years. They get a narrative in their head and stick to it no matter how bad it turns out. Like showing Tiger at +7 on the back nine when the game was in the balance. It was eventually annoying. Sure his story was good, but it was over done to the nth degree. And they spent an idiotic amount of time showing nothing or talking nonsense when they could have shown more golfers. And I can't understand showing golfers on the driving range when there are actual golfers on the course. Their on screen scoreboard sucked as well. Kept having to look on my phone to get a descent picture of what was going on. My one trip there was on a Saturday when Spieth won in 15. It's a really nice place. The fans really are well mannered.

POD Knows
April 12th, 2022, 01:58 PM
You nailed it. The director for CBS was horrible. Worst I've seen in years. They get a narrative in their head and stick to it no matter how bad it turns out. Like showing Tiger at +7 on the back nine when the game was in the balance. It was eventually annoying. Sure his story was good, but it was over done to the nth degree. And they spent an idiotic amount of time showing nothing or talking nonsense when they could have shown more golfers. And I can't understand showing golfers on the driving range when there are actual golfers on the course. Their on screen scoreboard sucked as well. Kept having to look on my phone to get a descent picture of what was going on. My one trip there was on a Saturday when Spieth won in 15. It's a really nice place. The fans really are well mannered.
If people wanted to watch every shot Tiger hit they could watch it on the Masters app, it did get annoying after a while. This wasn't a CBS issue but why was the Hatton/Horshel pairing a featured group on ESPN, was it simply done to show the completely predictable Hatton meltdown. Neither of these guys was in any type of contention.

I keep the scoreboard open on my cell phone because the CBS scoreboard does suck and showing one freaking second of driving range activity should be outlawed, show what is happening on the course.

I am less upset about the Faldo spoiler alert deal with the Mciilroy bunker hole out as I heard a loud cheer and then they immediately showed the replay of the hole out and I knew he holed it based on the timing. What they screwed up there was spending 2 minutes showing Smith line up a putt and ignore the shot live, Mciilroy was in second at the time of the bunker shot. They could have shown the bunker shot live and tape delayed the putt if need be. It was also Mciilroys last hole and they usually show the completion of the rounds by the leaders live.

clenz
April 12th, 2022, 02:13 PM
For the SoCon, ESPN+ productions are produced by the host school, usually using the local radio crew, often with students manning the equipment. Some do a better job than others. A few are unwatchable with jittery out-of-focus cameras and an astounding ability to completely miss the actual play while zooming in on something else. The ads also seem to be local to the home team also.This is how it is for the vast majority of college events on ESPN. Almost never is ESPN sending/setting a crew up to broadcast any FCS game on ESPN+, or MM/LM basketball game, volleyball game, soccer game, softball, baseball, etc. even at the major levels for those "lesser sports"

They are all school produced and then just distributed to ESPN.

Most, nearly all, complaints for ESPN+ feed quality for picture, camera work, PxP, etc. should be directed at the school/program hosting the event and not ESPN.

ElCid
April 12th, 2022, 02:16 PM
If people wanted to watch every shot Tiger hit they could watch it on the Masters app, it did get annoying after a while. This wasn't a CBS issue but why was the Hatton/Horshel pairing a featured group on ESPN, was it simply done to show the completely predictable Hatton meltdown. Neither of these guys was in any type of contention.

I keep the scoreboard open on my cell phone because the CBS scoreboard does suck and showing one freaking second of driving range activity should be outlawed, show what is happening on the course.

I am less upset about the Faldo spoiler alert deal with the Mciilroy bunker hole out as I heard a loud cheer and then they immediately showed the replay of the hole out and I knew he holed it based on the timing. What they screwed up there was spending 2 minutes showing Smith line up a putt and ignore the shot live, Mciilroy was in second at the time of the bunker shot. They could have shown the bunker shot live and tape delayed the putt if need be. It was also Mciilroys last hole and they usually show the completion of the rounds by the leaders live.

Perfect review. I had my phone up as well.

As a side note, since my dad has really bad hearing he gets confused with them reshowing the great shots. He was like, wow, look at that shot. I had to keep yelling to him, it's a replay! LOL

caribbeanhen
April 12th, 2022, 02:37 PM
Perfect review. I had my phone up as well.

As a side note, since my dad has really bad hearing he gets confused with them reshowing the great shots. He was like, wow, look at that shot. I had to keep yelling to him, it's a replay! LOL

I can understand where your Dad is at, don’t even put the volume on anymore

I just watch

Milktruck74
April 14th, 2022, 05:44 AM
This is how it is for the vast majority of college events on ESPN. Almost never is ESPN sending/setting a crew up to broadcast any FCS game on ESPN+, or MM/LM basketball game, volleyball game, soccer game, softball, baseball, etc. even at the major levels for those "lesser sports"

They are all school produced and then just distributed to ESPN.

Most, nearly all, complaints for ESPN+ feed quality for picture, camera work, PxP, etc. should be directed at the school/program hosting the event and not ESPN.

This may have changed , so you may be completely correct....but I was going to say you are mostly correct. However, at least in the past the on air talent was selected and compensated by ESPN. I can forgive bad camera angles and bouncy graphics, because I know kids are doing the best they can and trying to learn how to do it...but the PxP and Color people are adults and should make an attempt to be professional!!!

Again, it may be completely different now.

clenz
April 14th, 2022, 11:14 AM
This may have changed , so you may be completely correct....but I was going to say you are mostly correct. However, at least in the past the on air talent was selected and compensated by ESPN. I can forgive bad camera angles and bouncy graphics, because I know kids are doing the best they can and trying to learn how to do it...but the PxP and Color people are adults and should make an attempt to be professional!!!

Again, it may be completely different now.
If you are having your PxP people supplied by ESPN for your events then you have some sort of deal that even the SEC/B12/B10. Go watch any smaller sport and it may be adults but it is still a school produced deal where the school/Learfield hired the announcers. There is no chance ESPN would employ and send out many of the people I've listened too. I watch a ton of random baseball, softball, mens and womens volleyball, soccer, etc. and the people are always clearly school employed.

Looking around the every UNI event on ESPN+, which we have been doing for over a decade at this point, is always a rebroadcast of the Panther Sports Network. The PxP guys are local media guys from Cedar Falls that do media in various forms for their career. NDSU events are their NBC broadcast fed to ESPN+. SDSU and USD are Midco Broadcasts. The Valley basketball related schools all have media station IDs during games that they are a learfielf production from the "School Sports Broadcasting Network". I've seen so many baseball/softball games from the south where the PxP guys have the thickest, most stereotypical, accent you can imagine. They clearly aren't super versed in the other team, and will make anecdotes that only someone connected to the program in some way would make/know.

For post season events it may depend on if it's ESPN people or not on what the contract with the NCAA is.

Yote 53
April 15th, 2022, 10:24 AM
Perhaps if ESPN+ ran adds that were somehow appropriate or targeted to its audience. I have the RBC Heritage on right now and the advertising is not exactly targeted.

LOL, so a tee shot just went in to somebody's backyard right on the OB line. There is a slough area on the right hand side of the fairway with the OB stakes on the other side. So some guy in ratty shorts and t-shirt is sitting in his backyard and they see a ball there on the other side. The guy goes to check it, PICKS UP THE BALL, and says yeah, Titleist, Red 2 with a black dot. LOL, they had to mute it because pretty sure the player or caddie dropped an F bomb when he picked it up. Then he sets it back down, but it is so close to the OB line, probably out, but who knows after he PICKED UP THE BALL. Took the OB and 3 off the tee, just like the rest of us hacks.

atthewbon
April 15th, 2022, 10:51 AM
I think the MVFC has a Valley game of the week that they do where it at least seems like it is being produced by ESPN themselves (though I'm not sure about that). Overall us MVFC fans are lucky as the broadcasts that come from the individual schools and/or media companies (Midco, local tv stations, Panther Sports Net) are pretty good. The only one that lacks is sometimes WIU, which is understandable given it's a student broadcast. It's still much better than some of the other broadcasts when watching games from other conferences.

Although ESPN may be struggling for ads on ESPN+, it generates a ton of revenue for ESPN. They have 21.3 millions subscribers paying an average of $5.16 a month. That's over $1.25 billion in revenue annually and the numbers are only going up.

clenz
April 15th, 2022, 11:22 AM
I think the MVFC has a Valley game of the week that they do where it at least seems like it is being produced by ESPN themselves (though I'm not sure about that). Overall us MVFC fans are lucky as the broadcasts that come from the individual schools and/or media companies (Midco, local tv stations, Panther Sports Net) are pretty good. The only one that lacks is sometimes WIU, which is understandable given it's a student broadcast. It's still much better than some of the other broadcasts when watching games from other conferences.

Although ESPN may be struggling for ads on ESPN+, it generates a ton of revenue for ESPN. They have 21.3 millions subscribers paying an average of $5.16 a month. That's over $1.25 billion in revenue annually and the numbers are only going up.

The Valley game of the week is produced by the Valley. It spent years on Mediacom, NBC Sports Chicago, etc and was always far and away the worst produced game. Video quality was bad, audio quality was bad, announcers were bad, the feed itself was bad.

It’s slightly better now, but the school productions are still significantly better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milktruck74
April 15th, 2022, 11:27 AM
My Daughters school is a D3 program with a completely student run production of all FB/MBB/WBB games, including on air talent, is far superior to many of the SoCon Schools productions. They do everything streaming through their own website, and only use 3 camera angles, but it is very well put together. I get that most are student run/led, but that is no excuse for much of what we see on the plus...

ElCid
April 15th, 2022, 05:36 PM
My Daughters school is a D3 program with a completely student run production of all FB/MBB/WBB games, including on air talent, is far superior to many of the SoCon Schools productions. They do everything streaming through their own website, and only use 3 camera angles, but it is very well put together. I get that most are student run/led, but that is no excuse for much of what we see on the plus...

I think we have to outsource it since we don't have academic majors that deals with video. LOL.

Daytripper
April 15th, 2022, 06:18 PM
They couldn't even get a good color guy for the FCS championship game. Jay Walker was beyond mind numbing with the comments he made during the game.

I may be wrong, but I thought that was Andre Ware.

Yote 53
April 18th, 2022, 08:51 AM
Perhaps if ESPN+ ran adds that were somehow appropriate or targeted to its audience. I have the RBC Heritage on right now and the advertising is not exactly targeted.

LOL, so a tee shot just went in to somebody's backyard right on the OB line. There is a slough area on the right hand side of the fairway with the OB stakes on the other side. So some guy in ratty shorts and t-shirt is sitting in his backyard and they see a ball there on the other side. The guy goes to check it, PICKS UP THE BALL, and says yeah, Titleist, Red 2 with a black dot. LOL, they had to mute it because pretty sure the player or caddie dropped an F bomb when he picked it up. Then he sets it back down, but it is so close to the OB line, probably out, but who knows after he PICKED UP THE BALL. Took the OB and 3 off the tee, just like the rest of us hacks.

I realize I am quoting myself here but that scenario I described there from the RBC Heritage on Friday that cost Varner III 2 strokes ended up costing him the tournament as he finished at -12, one stroke back and tied for 3rd.

ElCid
April 18th, 2022, 09:36 AM
I realize I am quoting myself here but that scenario I described there from the RBC Heritage on Friday that cost Varner III 2 strokes ended up costing him the tournament as he finished at -12, one stroke back and tied for 3rd.

I missed when that happened, but eh? Who is to say he didn't do better than he would have, after that happened (got his butt in gear), or that he didn't have worse performance afterwards, as a result of that episode. You just never know. Could go either way. Just like when penalties or turnovers happen in football. I truly believe that they have an affect on a team's or player's performance after the event. Again, both bad "or" good. So looking at "one" event, in isolation as if nothing else changes as a result of that event, is just not that critical. He might have ended up at -10 if it had never happened. If it had happened on the back nine of round four, I could seriously understand. But he had lots of missed opportunities on Sat/Sun, as did other players.

Yote 53
April 22nd, 2022, 09:56 AM
I missed when that happened, but eh? Who is to say he didn't do better than he would have, after that happened (got his butt in gear), or that he didn't have worse performance afterwards, as a result of that episode. You just never know. Could go either way. Just like when penalties or turnovers happen in football. I truly believe that they have an affect on a team's or player's performance after the event. Again, both bad "or" good. So looking at "one" event, in isolation as if nothing else changes as a result of that event, is just not that critical. He might have ended up at -10 if it had never happened. If it had happened on the back nine of round four, I could seriously understand. But he had lots of missed opportunities on Sat/Sun, as did other players.
Well, yeah. But it sounds better the way I said it.

ElCid
April 22nd, 2022, 10:51 AM
Well, yeah. But it sounds better the way I said it.

xthumbsupx

You are right!

caribbeanhen
April 22nd, 2022, 11:26 AM
Well it looks like a lot of things will be changing at Orlando Disney

paying full taxes for one

BEAR
April 22nd, 2022, 01:22 PM

I know you were commenting on the poor quality of espn+ broadcasts but it makes me say I actually like a student run production more. You KNOW beforehand that the kids aren't going to get every play right, the camera work will be sloppy, and they are there to LEARN how to do the media thing usually on a low to no budget.

But what I LOVE is their reactions to big plays. They are honest and at times loud and say what they are feeling. Usually the same things that those in the stands are thinking and experiencing. That is awesome to me.

There was a time when I was on a work job and could only listen to the games via radio, student run and led radio. It was like an epic story telling session. If you ever have to miss watching a game then listening to it can be an adventure. Especially if it's students who are narrating! Love it! xdrunkyx

Milktruck74
April 22nd, 2022, 02:23 PM
I know you were commenting on the poor quality of espn+ broadcasts but it makes me say I actually like a student run production more. You KNOW beforehand that the kids aren't going to get every play right, the camera work will be sloppy, and they are there to LEARN how to do the media thing usually on a low to no budget.

But what I LOVE is their reactions to big plays. They are honest and at times loud and say what they are feeling. Usually the same things that those in the stands are thinking and experiencing. That is awesome to me.

There was a time when I was on a work job and could only listen to the games via radio, student run and led radio. It was like an epic story telling session. If you ever have to miss watching a game then listening to it can be an adventure. Especially if it's students who are narrating! Love it! xdrunkyx

Yeah, the kid that just graduated was named Noah Syversen. He was awesome. He has you great youtube moments doing the MAcon Bacon baseball team during the last summer.

Professor Chaos
April 22nd, 2022, 05:00 PM
Not every broadcast crew on the plus kills it like they do in the 61455 with the Long Island sound of Kevin Michael Thomas Dieppa and Handsome Marvin Ransom.

http://youtu.be/N7SXscyXmfA

I believe it's a Coach Prime line "If you look good you feel good and if you feel good you play good"... goes for broadcasters too!

POD Knows
April 22nd, 2022, 06:08 PM
Not every broadcast crew on the plus kills it like they do in the 61455 with the Long Island sound of Kevin Michael Thomas Dieppa and Handsome Marvin Ransom.

http://youtu.be/N7SXscyXmfA

I believe it's a Coach Prime line "If you look good you feel good and if you feel good you play good"... goes for broadcasters too!Boy Oh Boy this never gets old, yea, this kind of stuff does wonders for the FCS brand.

KnightoftheRedFlash
April 23rd, 2022, 10:01 PM
ESPN+ is like a box of chocolates.

CockyGeek
April 24th, 2022, 07:04 PM
They are cracking down on password sharing like Hulu so their revenue is only going to go up.