PDA

View Full Version : VMI vs Davidson

Keydet90
September 2nd, 2005, 09:28 AM
Any Wildcat or other Keydet fans out there who wish to opine? I think the Keydets are totally different team with Wilson at QB and Foxx and Greene (former SOCON freshman of the year) back in the lineup plus a healthy Sean Mizzer at RB. This team has potential to win the BS and have a winning record even though the schedule is pretty tough (Lehigh, Duke, W&M, Wofford and Citadel make for tough OOC slate). Last years 0-11 disaster was a result of injuries early and suspensions during the summer that decimate the team. Look for a hungry Keydet team to come out with twentysome seniors who don't want a second losing season on their watch.
Anyone else out there with an opinion?
GO Keydets!

v/r DP '90

Lapper
September 2nd, 2005, 11:40 AM
VMI #2 in the Big South. You guys were the only team in the BSouth that gave us a run for our $$$. I have to agree with you that VMI is hungry and add that the Keydets will be overlooked, ending the season over .500.

IaaScribe
September 2nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
Was out at VMI media day a couple of weeks ago, and they seem pretty stoked about this season. Hanging with Wofford in the final game was a nice step in the right direction. Wilson makes a hell of a difference for them. VMI's going to be better, but they'll still start 1-4. (Win over Davidson, loss to W&M, at Duke, Lehigh, at Liberty).

LBPop
September 2nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
There are only three possible matchups that could include two teams that lost to Georgetown last year. Based on my observation, while the Hoya score vs VMI was more lopsided, those guys never gave up and neither did their fans. Davidson played Georgetown tougher, but they lost their record setting back. Gut feeling...but VMI would be my bet.

bigred
September 2nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
I would have to disagree on the Liberty game. I think the Keydets will leave Lynchburg with a W this year...provided that our QB stays healthy.

As for Georgetown, no disrespect, but our guys cashed it in during the first quarter last year. I was at the game and like all good alums tried to keep the "never say die" attitude, but I have never seen such an uninspired outing by the Keydets team. It was embarassing to see how unmotivated our players were...not sure why that happened.

Historically we have crushed Davidson, and I look for a similar result tomorrow.

citdog
September 2nd, 2005, 05:22 PM
Does VMI still play football? :D But seriously, we are building a PERMANENT display case for the Silver Shako. :)

bigred
September 3rd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Come on now Citdawg, it is easy to keep the trophy when you choose not to play us...looking forward to November.

Go...gate
September 4th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Looks like VMI is off to a nice start. Congratulations!