PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State at Wofford game thread

Pages : 1 [2]

AppStateSVX
September 22nd, 2007, 05:59 PM
He's been hurt since the Michigan game...a lot of guys have been pretty banged up. First game since UM and was pulled at the start second half, shoulder must have still been bothering him. I believe he had ice on it the rest of the game.

i'm pretty sure he injured it over the summer. Either way, NOT good news

ERASU2113
September 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Wonder how bad the ticket demand will be now with some many people jumpin off the bandwagon?

Least I don't have to worry about it...gotta love bein a student hah.

Rematch in playoffs? Hope so. Hell of a game.

I'm not really sure either, I just remember Coach Moore saying he was day-to-day after Michigan and wasn't planning on him to play against L-R.

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2007, 06:08 PM
Wonder how bad the ticket demand will be now with some many people jumpin off the bandwagon?

Least I don't have to worry about it...gotta love bein a student hah.

Rematch in playoffs? Hope so. Hell of a game.

Just like I said. If you want to jump off the bandwagon now, STAY OFF.

This was no fluke today. We flat out got beat just like we flat out beat Michigan, L-R and NAU. Need to work on some fundamentals now that we're 0-1 in conference with a trip to Elon next week.

appsfan
September 22nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
He's been hurt since the Michigan game...a lot of guys have been pretty banged up. First game since UM and was pulled at the start second half, shoulder must have still been bothering him. I believe he had ice on it the rest of the game.

The TV announcers made a comment that he intially hurt it a little during spring practice and aggravated it at Michigan. This game worried me since the schedule was annouced and I had it pegged as one of our "bump in the road" games. Congrats to Wofford but I wish you wouldn't have confirmed my fears. I would hate to be Elon next week.

WUTNDITWAA
September 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Congrats Wofford. Savor it.

NDSUFREAK
September 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
wow. this is the first time i have heard of it. tough loss....

CharlestonAppFan
September 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
CONGRATULATIONS WOFFORD!!! YOU EARNED IT.......

even though it does suck for us....

ncman071
September 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
wofford played perfect football. 3 turnovers and no Armanti means we go from being a great team to a good team. Our young D line will get better as the season progresses and we still have hope for a conference as well as a national title. It's a good thing we play Elon and Gardner Webb next because i'm sure Trey can play well in those games so if Armanti needs another 2 or 3 weeks, we should be ok. Great win for Wofford.

ERASU2113
September 22nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
Ya know, I gotta say...I feel pretty bad for Elon next week. Might get pretty ugly.

ASU88
September 22nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
I was proud of ASU for hanging in there in not giving up after being beat up and down the field for most for the game.

There's no quit in them, but (obviously) they are not invincible.

I will be at Elon next week It will be very interesting to see how they come off of this defeat.

appfan2008
September 22nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
I will be at elon next wek and I hope it does get pretty ugly.

appfan2008
September 22nd, 2007, 06:35 PM
If you decide not to come to the rock because of this loss then you are not an app fan on the road in conference against a very good ranked team... you cant win them all... we will be ok!

gvilleapp
September 22nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
Congrats Wofford. One of the best coaching jobs I've seen in a long time. Great execution of the pouch kicks in the first half to keep field position advantage. Also, your OC's play selection kept us off balance all day. Also, our guys just couldn't tackle any of your backs, and your defense made just enough big plays to stop us.

I'm confident our guys will pull it together. We can definetly play better and there are some positives to build on. I hope those copies of SI are banned from the field house until the end of the season and we focus on getting better.

Keeper
September 22nd, 2007, 11:18 PM
ANY GIVEN SATURDAY !!!!

SO TRUE

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Wow! Congratulations Wofford! ...Any Given Saturday is S-O-O-O true!Should be fun rest of the season,...

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2007, 06:52 AM
And that's why they play the game!:D

Congrats, Terriers!xnodx

AppGirl
September 23rd, 2007, 07:20 AM
Congrats Wofford! You played well. At dinner after the game, my 14 year old tried to say that Wofford didn't play that well, we just did lousy. I corrected him. We made mistakes, but Wofford played great football. Enjoy your victory, Terriors. Mountaineers, move on and get ready for Elon.