PDA

View Full Version : Delaware won't play Delaware State? What a joke

Pages : 1 2 [3]

RadMann
October 7th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Sam Adams... Yes they do. DSU would demand a home and home and that is a big loser for UD's program. Simple as that. It might not be a good reason to you, but it is the reason. The fact that UMass does not draw fans and will sign up for a series with DSU is fine, but that is a reflection of the UMass program's poor fan support.

R.A.
October 7th, 2007, 04:08 PM
That's what I thought. There is no reason so you'll just go home. xcoffeex

Nope, I'll stay right here... just laughing while watching you defend a century of UD ignorance, while knowing that one day UD will be playing at DSU in Dover, so its no need to argue it anymore.

There are plenty of people in their graves that argued that SCSU would never play USC in Football. xlolx

I might not be alive to see USC travel down from Columbia to Orangeburg, but I know it'll happen one day... so I'm not worried.

But I'm more than positive that I'll see Delaware at Alumni Stadium before I die.

And if you, by now, can't see why it would be well deserved, then you're either blind or ignorant... I'm betting both.xthumbsupx

So keep building up and walking into your pointless argumentative walls ... have funxsmiley_wix I'll just sit back and watch, knowing that walls crumble over time...

BTW-- Race/ Separate but equal is at the core of this argument ... but no one ever wants to talk about race on this board... too scary ah topic ... so I'll be quiet, before another one of my arguments gets turned into another misinterpreted thread.

--89Hen, you can dispute that the argument is purely financial and facility based, but where does the initial discrepancy between the institutions lie? It lies within legislation based on race ... so it's a racial issue.

An institution progressively "seeking" to discredit any belief that its actual athletic philosophies and beliefs are originally based on class or on race, wouldn't use any excuses such as facilities or finances which would still uphold such views and beliefs about the institution, would it?

Don't you get that? DSU's Facilities, U of D losing money playing at DSU... cop out, another of a history of cop outs.

Right now, many Blacks, whether you believe it or not, see Delaware as a racist institution.

This inability for the athletic department to schedule a home and home with Delaware State, is just another part of U of D that reflects the actual philosophies of the institution.

And as usual, it seems like UD doesn't care.

UD Fans can argue that U of D can't change the way people think and feel about their institution ... true, but not play Delaware State, nor wanting to play at Delaware State, especially since they are also on the FCS level ... isn't winning U of D any friends on this side.

I wonder how Omar Cuff feels about possibly playing at Delaware State... I'm sure he'd say something like any time, any place.

Sam Adams
October 7th, 2007, 04:45 PM
UD fans can make up all the excuses they want to make up. The fact is UD would rather play west chester and monmouth because they are easy teams to beat that DSU is.

aust42
October 7th, 2007, 04:53 PM
So if I've read this post correctly Radmann and 89Hen do not want to play Delaware State. The reason being is that a home/home series would not benefit Delaware financially. Delaware will make a profit every year in football whether or not they play at DSU. Delaware is a wealthy school that does not need to schedule OOC games with big payouts and that is just a weak excuse. The sky is Blue not Green. Play the fking game. I wonder what the difference between "our take" for 6k at a DSU game and 10k at a South Dakota State game would be? It would probably be offset by the travel costs alone.

This thread has gotten too long and no opinions will be changed. I'm done.

89Hen
October 7th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Nope, I'll stay right here...
and bring up worthless opinion in the face of facts. xcoffeex

RadMann
October 8th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Aust42: I never said that "I" don't want UD to play DSU. That is irrelevant. In fact, I think it would be cool for UD and DSU to play. That said, that is not the question here. The question is whether UD feels that playing DSU is something that UD wants. Apparently they do not, and there appear to be many valid reasons why they may not want it especially the fact that if a series were initiated, UD would lose a home date every other year, which is huge to UD.

I'm certain there are a lot of programs I would love to see UD play, but the fact that those programs have no interest in playing UD does not make them "bad" or "evil" or "racist". Such talk is, to be honest, trash talk.

HIU 93
October 8th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Nope, I'll stay right here... just laughing while watching you defend a century of UD ignorance, while knowing that one day UD will be playing at DSU in Dover, so its no need to argue it anymore.

There are plenty of people in their graves that argued that SCSU would never play USC in Football. xlolx

I might not be alive to see USC travel down from Columbia to Orangeburg, but I know it'll happen one day... so I'm not worried.

But I'm more than positive that I'll see Delaware at Alumni Stadium before I die.

And if you, by now, can't see why it would be well deserved, then you're either blind or ignorant... I'm betting both.xthumbsupx

So keep building up and walking into your pointless argumentative walls ... have funxsmiley_wix I'll just sit back and watch, knowing that walls crumble over time...

BTW-- Race/ Separate but equal is at the core of this argument ... but no one ever wants to talk about race on this board... too scary ah topic ... so I'll be quiet, before another one of my arguments gets turned into another misinterpreted thread.

--89Hen, you can dispute that the argument is purely financial and facility based, but where does the initial discrepancy between the institutions lie? It lies within legislation based on race ... so it's a racial issue.

An institution progressively "seeking" to discredit any belief that its actual athletic philosophies and beliefs are originally based on class or on race, wouldn't use any excuses such as facilities or finances which would still uphold such views and beliefs about the institution, would it?

Don't you get that? DSU's Facilities, U of D losing money playing at DSU... cop out, another of a history of cop outs.

Right now, many Blacks, whether you believe it or not, see Delaware as a racist institution.

This inability for the athletic department to schedule a home and home with Delaware State, is just another part of U of D that reflects the actual philosophies of the institution.

And as usual, it seems like UD doesn't care.

UD Fans can argue that U of D can't change the way people think and feel about their institution ... true, but not play Delaware State, nor wanting to play at Delaware State, especially since they are also on the FCS level ... isn't winning U of D any friends on this side.

I wonder how Omar Cuff feels about possibly playing at Delaware State... I'm sure he'd say something like any time, any place.

Be careful, you know the mods on here are a sensitive lot, especially the one you were talking to!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

YoUDeeMan
October 8th, 2007, 09:09 AM

xlolx

Yeah, there's no accounting for ignorance.

For instance, many people, because blacks used to be slaves, still think blacks aren't capable of intelligent thinking. xeyebrowx Unfortunately, there's no limit to the stupid things people will think because of what happened in the past.

Thank goodness we have some intelligent people (psssst...some of them are actually black and on UD's football team xeekx) who do not buy into the "UD is racist" crap. xwhistlex

89Hen
October 8th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Be careful, you know the mods on here are a sensitive lot, especially the one you were talking to!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
Wasn't aware any mods were in the thread. xcoffeex

RA can obvioulsy say and do whatever he wants, but making comments like...

"you can dispute that the argument is purely financial and facility based, but where does the initial discrepancy between the institutions lie? It lies within legislation based on race ... so it's a racial issue."

and trying to pass it off as fact is laughable. Let me list some of the facts that are undeniable:

- Delaware has averaged 22,000 fans per game the last 5 years.

- Delaware has sold over 10,000 season tickets for at least the last 5 years.

- Delaware has played HBCU's in the past and has in fact played DSU in other sports.

- Delaware has been able to schedule many opponents that will come to UD with no return visit.

- Delaware State is on record saying they would only be interested in a home and home.

It is my opinion that UD will only schedule home and homes (or 2 for 1's) with other I-AA's where they won't have to limit tickets to their own fanbase, where they may be able to enter a new area for recruiting, where they may play a team that is nationally recognized/respected, etc...

That said, DSU is having a good year... the first in many, so they may actually have that last one soon. xpeacex

Go...gate
October 10th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I still say this will get resolved the weekend after Thanksgiving...

89Hen
October 10th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I still say this will get resolved the weekend after Thanksgiving...
xoopsx Why did you bump this?! xoopsx :p

BTW, UD hosting DSU in the playoffs will not end this debate, it will only make it bigger IMO. xnodx

SunCoastBlueHen
October 10th, 2007, 06:44 PM
xoopsx Why did you bump this?! xoopsx :p

Yes. This thread has run its course at least three times over again. Let us all please let it rest in peace.

HIU 93
October 11th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Wasn't aware any mods were in the thread. xcoffeex

I am aware. xsmiley_wix

R.A.
October 12th, 2007, 01:07 AM
No. 17 Delaware State over North Carolina A&T
Wideout Shaheer McBride and the Delaware State Hornets shouldn’t need the extra days of rest to handle the Aggies, even on the road, but they have them anyway. This surprising Hornet team should dispatch the poor 0-6 Aggies this week and continue their slow march to capturing – they hope – the MEAC title.
“Today the Aggies, Host The Hens In November” 31, “Where Have You Gone, Bill Hayes?” 6
-Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

xwhistlex

I'm glad to see that CSN Columnist Charles Burton possibly agrees with my belief that if Delaware State wins the MEAC Conference Title at 10-1, that they will probably receive a home game in Dover versus Delaware, who might finish 8-3 and may receive an at- large birth from the NCAA selection committee.

I feel that people are totally overblowing this inferior football facility thing in regards to comparing Delaware State's home stadium to Delaware's stadium.

I don't think the NCAA selection committee is overly concerned with how large a stadium is and that they are much more concerned with rewarding wins over losses.

I feel that if the MEAC can have two 10-1 teams at the end of the season (which might not happen since there is another half of the football season to be played), that both of them will have home games in the 1st round.

UDBlueLotFan
October 12th, 2007, 07:11 AM
I don't think a 10-1 DSU team, winner of the MEAC, gets a seed and will have to travel up Rt. 1 to Newark to face an 8-3 UD team. DSU side-stepped their one land-mine in Hamptonxrolleyesx where UD still has 5 mines to avoidxeekx All we have to do is keep winning to keep our end of the bargain; easier said than done.

henfan
October 12th, 2007, 07:54 AM
I don't think the NCAA selection committee is overly concerned with how large a stadium is and that they are much more concerned with rewarding wins over losses.

The only way any team is guaranteed a home game in Round 1 is to receive a Top 4 seed & bid on a game. It is highly unlikely that DSU would host a game unless they are seeded, regardless of their record.

Any team not granted one of the four seeds, regardless of their record, would be subject to selection based on their bid. High bid typically wins. All things being equal, the following criteria is also considered:

"When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as follows: (1) quality of facility, (2) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (3) attendance history and potential, (4) team’s performance (i.e., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents), and (5) student-athlete well-being (e.g., travel, missed class time)."
http://www.ncaa.org/library/handbooks/football/2006/2006_d1_football_handbook.pdf

If you think anyone in the FCS will outbid schools like App State, Montana & Delaware, you just don't know your FCS history and understand basic economics. DSU would likely be eliminated due to the quality of their facility comparable to other potential hosts and revenue potential comparable to other potential hosts.xreadx

89Hen
October 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I feel that people are totally overblowing this inferior football facility thing in regards to comparing Delaware State's home stadium to Delaware's stadium.

Then you haven't been paying attention the last 5 years. xcoffeex

Teams that have hit the road first round...

#4 ranked and 10-1 Southern Illinois at Delaware
#5 ranked and 10-2 UMass at Colgate

#8 ranked and 9-2 James Madison at Lehigh
#11 ranked and 10-1 Hampton at William and Mary

there were only two 10 win teams and both got seeds

10-2 UT-Martin at 8-3 Southern Illinois
9-2 Coastal and JMU on the road

R.A.
October 12th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Then you haven't been paying attention the last 5 years. xcoffeex

Teams that have hit the road first round...

#4 ranked and 10-1 Southern Illinois at Delaware
#5 ranked and 10-2 UMass at Colgate

#8 ranked and 9-2 James Madison at Lehigh
#11 ranked and 10-1 Hampton at William and Mary

there were only two 10 win teams and both got seeds

10-2 UT-Martin at 8-3 Southern Illinois
9-2 Coastal and JMU on the road

Yet another example of you only wanting to argue half the story by only providing half of the facts...

Need I say anything about the soft schedule and conferences that 2004 Hampton, 2006 UT-Martin, and 2006 Coastal came from?

Or should I mention what Delaware's seed was in 2003 as opposed to S. Illi's?

Do I really need to argue this with you? xrolleyesx

89Hen
October 12th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Yet another example of you only wanting to argue half the story by only providing half of the facts...

Need I say anything about the soft schedule and conferences that 2004 Hampton, 2006 UT-Martin, and 2006 Coastal came from?

Or should I mention what Delaware's seed was in 2003 as opposed to S. Illi's?

Do I really need to argue this with you? xrolleyesx
No because you are unarmed in this arguement. You OBVIOUSLY don't know anything about the playoff selections and it would seem you don't care to use any kind of facts to support your ridiculous claims. PLEASE try to provide any kind of facts that would support DSU hosting UD in the playoffs.

R.A.
October 12th, 2007, 09:34 AM
The only way any team is guaranteed a home game in Round 1 is to receive a Top 4 seed & bid on a game. It is highly unlikely that DSU would host a game unless they are seeded, regardless of their record.

Any team not granted one of the four seeds, regardless of their record, would be subject to selection based on their bid. High bid typically wins. All things being equal, the following criteria is also considered:

http://www.ncaa.org/library/handbooks/football/2006/2006_d1_football_handbook.pdf

If you think anyone in the FCS will outbid schools like App State, Montana & Delaware, you just don't know your FCS history and understand basic economics. DSU would likely be eliminated due to the quality of their facility comparable to other potential hosts and revenue potential comparable to other potential hosts.xreadx

I'm glad you provided this for me, although I do have the manual listed right here in my favorites... it's good to know that you also share such a need for FCS information as I also have.xthumbsupx Cool.

By the way henfan, what type of FCS School do you consider the team the Hens lost to last weekend, New Hampshire?? Because, well... they said the same type of things last season, before they were sent to Hampton for their first round game... besides, by the way Hens fans talk how financially non- beneficial it would be for the Hens to play DSU, are you so sure that Delaware's athletic department will have the funds necessary to outbid Delaware State financially for a home playoff game?xlolx xlolx xsmiley_wix

R.A.
October 12th, 2007, 09:40 AM
No because you are unarmed in this arguement. You OBVIOUSLY don't know anything about the playoff selections and it would seem you don't care to use any kind of facts to support your ridiculous claims. PLEASE try to provide any kind of facts that would support DSU hosting UD in the playoffs.

Why didn't you provide the New Hampshire @ Hampton 2006 playoff game with the rest of your facts??

Seems like you'd mention that game since we are talking about A-10/CAA vs. MEAC here, and after all... that is the most recent data we have, isn't it??xlolx xlolx

But go on ahead... tell me all about the 2004 Hampton @ William & Mary game, indulge yourself.

My argument is that wins over strong FCS teams count more than anything... and that--

89Hen
October 12th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Why didn't you provide the New Hampshire @ Hampton 2006 playoff game with the rest of your facts??

Seems like you'd mention that game since we are talking about A-10/CAA vs. MEAC here, and after all... that is the most recent data we have, isn't it??xlolx xlolx

But go on ahead... tell me all about the 2004 Hampton @ William & Mary game, indulge yourself.
Let's see...

Hampton = 10,000+ fans per game and has a 20,000 seat stadium
DelSt = 3,500 fans per game and has a 6,500 seat high school stadium

Delaware = 22,000 fans per game in a 22,000 seat stadium
UNH = 8,000 fans per game in a 6,500 seat high school stadium

Keep fooling yourself that DSU has ANY chance of hosting UD without a seed (which they won't get).

ChickenMan
October 12th, 2007, 10:00 AM

That assumption could not be more WRONG... the ONLY way Del St will ever host a playoff game is if the Hornets are seeded.. #1 - #4.

R.A.
October 12th, 2007, 10:04 AM
You know what fellaz.. lets just wait and see how it plays out. For now, just know that I'm not the only one who is feeling this way right now around the FCS World.

"Hosting the Hens in November"
-Charles Burton, CSN Columnist referring to the Delaware State Hornets Football team hosting the Delaware Hens in the 2007 Playoffs.

henfan
October 12th, 2007, 10:10 AM
By the way henfan, what type of FCS School do you consider the team the Hens lost to last weekend, New Hampshire?? Because, well... they said the same type of things last season, before they were sent to Hampton for their first round game... besides, by the way Hens fans talk how financially non- beneficial it would be for the Hens to play DSU, are you so sure that Delaware's athletic department will have the funds necessary to outbid Delaware State financially for a home playoff game?xlolx xlolx xsmiley_wix

Not sure I follow your HU-UNH analogy. Neither team was seeded so a home game was awarded to the school who could provide the larger guarantee, the school who had the better/larger facilities- HU.

UD-DSU would be completely different, due to the small size & comparative quality of DSU's stadium vs. UD's. And, yes, I'm very sure UD would provide a bid that DSU would not be able to equal, unless they can find a way to seat 22K fans into Alumni Stadium.

(BTW, I'm not someone who's ever said it would not be finanically beneficial for UD to play DSU on principle. If anything, I'm a big time advocate of the game, much to the chagrin of some of my fellow Blue Hens. However, it just makes absolutely no sense for either school to play the game in a 7K-seat stadium, when you could sell 3 times that amount of tickets in Newark, whether the game's played during the playoffs or regular season.)

eaglesrthe1
October 12th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Replying to the last several posts in the possible host of a UD vs DSU playoff game.

It would be interesting to see which team would host out of a 10-1 DSU vs a 8-3 UD team. Going on the criteria and the recent history of the choices that the NCAA has made, it would seem that UD would have the upper hand in the home game. Based on attendance, facilities, and the ability to make some $$$ to offset some the other games where the NCAA will lose money. We've all witnesed many times in the past where lesser teams have hosted because of the butts in the seats that teams can or cannot bring to the table.

The flip side of this, and it may be the trump card, would be the outcry of racism that might come from the DSU administration and from the pressure that would be brought to bear on the NCAA selection committee from the MEAC representative. The NCAA has always shown sensitivity to this, and might would want to head off any type of negative publicity by granting the home game to DSU. The NCAA is keen on appearances.

henfan
October 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM
That assumption could not be more WRONG... the ONLY way Del St will ever host a playoff game is if the Hornets are seeded.. #1 - #4.

There is a way DSU could host a 1st Round Game without being seeded, though the possibilities of that happening are so remote it's not even worth discussing. It would take a 3-figure bid (good luck trying to meet that amount selling 3K-4K tickets) and then they'd have to hope the competition was several other schools with comparable facilities.

The NCAA would not have any trouble justifying the decision based on the established host selection criteria. Now if UD and HU were bidding for the same game, the situation would be much different. Schools with tiny facilities and lack of home support stand little chance of hosting.

MR. CHICKEN
October 12th, 2007, 10:18 AM
WE'D SELL 3X DUH TICKETS.............DEREFORE...........DSU.......W OULD BUS UP TA DUH TUB.........HORNET PLAYERAHS WOULD BE IN AWE.....O' UH REAL STADIUM.........WHILE DEY ARE AGOG...........WE HAMMER DUH BUZZ.........LIKE 47-9.............xnodx....BRAWK!

89Hen
October 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I'm not the only one who is feeling this way right now around the FCS World.

"Hosting the Hens in November"
-Charles Burton, CSN Columnist referring to the Delaware State Hornets Football team hosting the Delaware Hens in the 2007 Playoffs.
xlolx THAT's your basis for this?! xeekx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

89Hen
October 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
There is a way DSU could host a 1st Round Game without being seeded, though the possibilities of that happening are so remote it's not even worth discussing. It would take a 3-figure bid (good luck trying to meet that amount selling 3K-4K tickets) and then they'd have to hope the competition was several other schools with comparable facilities.
But in that scenario it wouldn't be UD going to Dover.

eaglesrthe1
October 12th, 2007, 10:23 AM
The other thing to consider is that the eventual winner if the CAA most likely would get a seed, and an 8-3 UD team couldn't face a conference foe in the first round. Along with the fact that the CAA routinely has 3 teams in the playoffs, it would be easy to send DSU on the road to the CAA champ, while also having UD host some team from another region, while sending the third CAA rep on the road, thereby making all of this speculation moot.xwhistlex

ChickenMan
October 12th, 2007, 10:35 AM
The other thing to consider is that the eventual winner if the CAA most likely would get a seed, and an 8-3 UD team couldn't face a conference foe in the first round. Along with the fact that the CAA routinely has 3 teams in the playoffs, it would be easy to send DSU on the road to the CAA champ, while also having UD host some team from another region, while sending the third CAA rep on the road, thereby making all of this speculation moot.xwhistlex

Why would you think that the NCAA would pass on the opportunity to match up Del St and Delaware in a 1st round game that would incur no significant travel expensive and put nearly 23,000 fans in Delaware Stadium? If they sent Del St on the road to another FCS site.. the travel expensives would only increase and the NCAA's financial revenue would significantly decrease. Even the NCAA isn't that dopey... :p

If they both make the playoffs.. there's little doubt that Del St will finally get their shot at UD.

henfan
October 12th, 2007, 10:45 AM
If they both make the playoffs.. there's little doubt that Del St will finally get their shot at UD.

Both DSU & UD are big 'ifs' at this point. We can still hope it comes to pass and both teams get in!xthumbsupx

eaglesrthe1
October 12th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Why would you think that the NCAA would pass on the opportunity to match up Del St and Delaware in a 1st round game that would incur no significant travel expensive and put nearly 23,000 fans in Delaware Stadium? If they sent Del St on the road to another FCS site.. the travel expensives would only increase and the NCAA's financial revenue would significantly decrease. Even the NCAA isn't that dopey... :p

I was just going on the premise that the seeded team gets the closest, non conference team as an opponent, and that could very well be DSU. Of course, it would depend on who the conference winner and other nearby teams that made the playoffs were.

PIRATETIZED1
October 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I was curious, so I did some checking on UD vs. HBCU Football during regular season.

I could only come up with 3 times since 1946, the "Blue Hens" played HBCU's: xeyebrowx

1. 1980 - UD beat Morgan St. 40-7
2. 1978 - UD beat NC A&T 26-0
3. 1977 - UD tied Morgan St. 29-29

Having shown that, I'm sure there are other schools who historically have not played HBCU Teams over the years.

IMHO, a UD-DSU game would be a "Barn-Burner" xnodx
this season. I would not mind seeing them play in the FCS Playoffs.

PIRATETIZED xcoolx
------------------------------------------------------
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY - “…Of Service To God and Our Nation…”

HIU 93
October 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM

The NCAA would not have any trouble justifying the decision based on the established host selection criteria. Now if UD and HU were bidding for the same game, the situation would be much different. Schools with tiny facilities and lack of home support stand little chance of hosting.

Our facilities aren't as big as UD's either, and we don't get much fan support at home on playoff weekend either. However, we do have the $ to make that three figure bid.

ChickenMan
October 12th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I was curious, so I did some checking on UD vs. HBCU Football during regular season.

I could only come up with 3 times since 1946, the "Blue Hens" played HBCU's: xeyebrowx

Having shown that, I'm sure there are other schools who historically have not played HBCU Teams over the years.

PIRATETIZED xcoolx

a few more.. but not regular season games...

'69.. Boardwalk Bowl.. beat .. North Carolina Central.. 31-13
'70.. Boardwalk Bowl.. beat.. Morgan St.. 38-23
'73.. DII playoffs.. lost.. Grambling.. 8-17
'78.. DII playoffs.. beat.. Winston-Salem St.. 41-0
'79.. DII playoffs.. beat.. Virginia Union.. 58-28

BlueHen86
October 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM

PIRATETIZED xcoolx

4. 1984 UD beat Morgan St. 76 - 0

R.A.
October 12th, 2007, 06:14 PM
xlolx THAT's your basis for this?! xeekx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

No, it's just good to know i'm not alone in my belief.

My "basis" for my belief has been hinted at and discussed several times in this thread... but some folks still don't want to talk about that.

So don't worry about my basis, just let it play out.

BlueHen86
October 12th, 2007, 06:27 PM
This thread will end before they ever play in Dover.

brownbear
October 12th, 2007, 06:57 PM
This thread will end before they ever play in Dover.

I thought we all agreed this issue wouldn't go away until they play in Dover?

BlueHen86
October 12th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I thought we all agreed this issue wouldn't go away until they play in Dover?
So, if I apply the transitive property:

This thread will end before the issue ends.

brownbear
October 12th, 2007, 07:25 PM
So, if I apply the transitive property:

This thread will end before the issue ends.

Or this thread ends about the same time the issue ends, but you never know, just look at the Phillies thread. It's still going strong even though the Phillies have been out for a week!

RadMann
October 12th, 2007, 07:27 PM
There are basically no DSU fans on this board so this is kept alive mostly by UD fans....

BlueHen86
October 12th, 2007, 07:32 PM
There are basically no DSU fans on this board so this is kept alive mostly by UD fans....
No. The UD posters have only been responding to other posts. The thread was dead for a few days until Go...gate decided to bring it back - even though he had nothing to add.xrolleyesx

I expect to reach 2000 posts on this thread.....alone.xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2007, 07:33 PM
xpopcornx

I just wanted to say this thread is at 9,000 views. Carry on.

xpopcornx

lizrdgizrd
October 12th, 2007, 08:01 PM
xpopcornx

I just wanted to say this thread is at 9,000 views. Carry on.

xpopcornx
Don't you mean:

BUMP

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

terrierbob
October 12th, 2007, 08:43 PM
We recieve no state funds for athletics and VERY little state funds for anything else. UD is considered a 'quasi-public' institution.

It must be one of the few. Was it the state's land-grant institution (Morrill act), like Texas A&M, NC State, Clemson, Va Tech, etc? Do state residents get preferential tuition?

GannonFan
October 12th, 2007, 10:09 PM
It must be one of the few. Was it the state's land-grant institution (Morrill act), like Texas A&M, NC State, Clemson, Va Tech, etc? Do state residents get preferential tuition?

UD had a history that pre-dates the Morrill Act - UD traces it's origins back to 1743 (think that makes it the 5th oldest university/college in America). But it was reconstituted under the Morrill Act and is in fact a land-grant institution. It does receive some state money, and state residents do get preferential tuition (something like 8,000 of the 20k students are in-state), but it operates almost completely independent of the state and is run by its Board of Trustees (no oversight by the state).

henfan
October 15th, 2007, 08:40 AM
New UD president Harker weighs in on potential DSU game:

When it comes to the controversial subject of a possible football contest against the smaller, and historically black, Delaware State University, Dr. Harker said he is game.

Although they are in the same athletic division, the University of Delaware has so far refused to ever schedule a game between the two.

“I don’t see any reason not to play,” he said. “In fact I would like to see them play this year in the playoffs.

“I think that would be fantastic for both schools. If not, we are going to try and get the game to happen as soon as we can.”

More at:
http://www.newszap.com/articles/2007/10/15/dm/central_delaware/dsn03.txt

YoUDeeMan
October 15th, 2007, 09:08 AM
New UD president Harker weighs in on potential DSU game:

More at:
http://www.newszap.com/articles/2007/10/15/dm/central_delaware/dsn03.txt

KT and TNJ trumped by their smaller downstate competitors. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx xnodx

henfan
October 15th, 2007, 09:28 AM
UD seems game. Now if we can only get Rick Costello from getting in the way with any unreasonable demands...xmadx

89Hen
October 15th, 2007, 10:09 AM
UD seems game. Now if we can only get Rick Costello from getting in the way with any unreasonable demands...xmadx

xnodx