looked like he was doing good in preseason
maybe hes looking to get picked up by a team
who actually needs some recievers?

bodoyle
September 18th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Mr. C you can apologize to me anytime you would like to.xrulesx

UNHFan99
September 19th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Dave will be fine. Hes a great player but most important a great guy. Someone will pick him up at some point.

Pards Rule
September 19th, 2007, 07:29 AM
man thats a shame
looked like he was doing good in preseason
maybe hes looking to get picked up by a team
who actually needs some recievers?

How bout the Eagles??? Man the receivers blew (except for Avant) in Monday Night's loss to the 'Skins, 20-12.

GannonFan
September 19th, 2007, 11:28 AM
How bout the Eagles??? Man the receivers blew (except for Avant) in Monday Night's loss to the 'Skins, 20-12.

All receivers will look bad when there's not a good QB to throw to them. McNabb still has a ways to go to assume his normal quality play.

UNHFan99
September 19th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I always thought Dave would look good in an Eagles jersey.

WSBE
September 19th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I hope the Union Leader or Portsmouth Herald pick this up & shed some light on the story.....even if it's just in a UNH notebook write up. I'm interested in knowing why he got cut & what his plans are. It's hard to be unbiased as a UNH fan....but all I know is he always outperforms. Staistically the best ever at FCS level..always beat the best dbacks (Hampton & UMASS), he dominted Rutgers & Northwestern defense when he played up a level...he was the star of the FBS Shrine game & impressed the week of camp, he made several big catches in preseason for the Bears (to the extent that several of his catches are on Youtube)....then he gets cut from the Chicago Bears practice squad? My point is where has he failed or not performed at this level? Because I haven't seen it

UNHWildCats
September 19th, 2007, 09:48 PM
The Bears signed P.J. Pope -- their leading rusher in the 2006 preseason -- to the practice squad. Pope started out on the developmental squad last season before the Packers signed him to their 53-man roster. He injured a knee early in camp and was waived/injured, but he passed his physical Tuesday. Wide receiver David Ball, the record-setter from New Hampshire, was let go.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mulligan/563343,CST-SPT-bearin19.article

bodoyle
September 20th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I hope the Union Leader or Portsmouth Herald pick this up & shed some light on the story.....even if it's just in a UNH notebook write up. I'm interested in knowing why he got cut & what his plans are. It's hard to be unbiased as a UNH fan....but all I know is he always outperforms. Staistically the best ever at FCS level..always beat the best dbacks (Hampton & UMASS), he dominted Rutgers & Northwestern defense when he played up a level...he was the star of the FBS Shrine game & impressed the week of camp, he made several big catches in preseason for the Bears (to the extent that several of his catches are on Youtube)....then he gets cut from the Chicago Bears practice squad? My point is where has he failed or not performed at this level? Because I haven't seen it

Maybe he didn't do anything wrong, but everyone else flat-out out performed him.

GoWildcats789
September 21st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Maybe he didn't do anything wrong, but everyone else flat-out out performed him.

man you're a dick or should i say troll. what did dave sleep with your girl or something? maybe your jealous? you're posts are arrogant, worthless, and dumbfounded. Or maybe you just have a stick up you ass because you're a coastal carolina fan.. nice easter bunny-esc school colors you have there
xthumbsdownx

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks! xnodx xwhistlex

Don't have anything against him, you or your school, just call it as I see it. Dave C said he was great, I said he wouldn't make a team, and he hasn't. Said adrian peterson would be a lifetime backup and he has been. Just call it like I see it. Sorry if it gets your panties in a bundle, nothin' personal.

UNH_ORACLE
September 21st, 2007, 11:57 AM
man you're a dick or should i say troll. what did dave sleep with your girl or something? maybe your jealous? you're posts are arrogant, worthless, and dumbfounded. Or maybe you just have a stick up you ass because you're a coastal carolina fan.. nice easter bunny-esc school colors you have there
xthumbsdownx

WOW that post sucks. Why do you have something wrong with an opinion that might not reflect your own? So the guy thinks dave stinks, what's the big deal? It's nothing to merit your ill-spirited reaction. I love dave and everything he represents but that doesn't mean everyone should get on their knees. Dave is an underdog and there are plenty of people who share bodoyle's sentiment, but thats what makes dave, dave, he keeps proving doubters wrong.

So just respect a man's differing opinion...

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 12:36 PM
Said adrian peterson would be a lifetime backupHey bodoyle, your nose is growing with that lie!

http://www.gata.com/gataimages/beachchickens.gif

You said AP would be a career THIRD STRINGER:
"He is overrated and will never do anything in the NFL. He is relegated to 3rd string, where he will always be."

Guess you were wrong! (http://www.chicagobears.com/team/DepthChartPrint.asp) xcoffeex xwhistlex

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3974&stc=1&d=1170760273

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 12:56 PM
MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES, HE GOT 1 START IN HIS ILLUSTRIOUS CAEREER AGAINST SAN FRAN.

Oops sorry about the caps. ;)

I wish my nose did that!

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 12:58 PM
WOW that post sucks. Why do you have something wrong with an opinion that might not reflect your own? So the guy thinks dave stinks, what's the big deal? It's nothing to merit your ill-spirited reaction. I love dave and everything he represents but that doesn't mean everyone should get on their knees. Dave is an underdog and there are plenty of people who share bodoyle's sentiment, but thats what makes dave, dave, he keeps proving doubters wrong.

So just respect a man's differing opinion...

ORACLE: I don't think Dave stinks. If he is good enough to make the team, which just happens to be my team, great. I just don't think he has the skill set to make the team - not overwhelming size, speed, or physicality. I could be dead wrong, or maybe the Bears' staff are poor evaluators, I'm not sure. The more FCS players that succeed in the NFL, the better.

rokamortis
September 21st, 2007, 01:01 PM
Surely this is against the TOS.

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 01:07 PM
Surely this is against the TOS.

Isn't everything? xnodx

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 01:09 PM
MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES!Your admission of misrepresentation is accepted.

Now familiarize yourself with the facts and never say again that AP "will never do anything in the NFL. He is relegated to 3rd string, where he will always be."
PRO CAREER: His 4.7 career yards per carry average is 10th highest among active NFL running backs with at least 100 carries… Excels on punt and kickoff coverage, leading the Bears with 75 career special teams tackles since the stat started being tracked in 1995… Established Bears individual single-season record with 28 special teams tackles in 2004… Has played in 46 consecutive contests dating back to 2004, 4th longest streak among Bear offensive players… His 5.1 yards per carry average in 2005 (391 yards on 76 rushes) was the 4th highest in the NFL among running backs with at least 75 carries… Scored rushing TD in postseason debut in 2005 vs. CAR (1/15).

2006 SEASON: Led the Bears with 2 forced fumbles on special teams leading to 10 points for Chicago; Played all 3 postseason contests tying for 2nd on team with 5 special teams tackles; also forced a fumble in NFC Championship Game vs. NO (1/21) that was recovered by the Bears leading to their 2nd FG of the game.

2005 SEASON: Chicago's 2nd-leading rusher also ranked 2nd in rushing TDs.

2004 SEASON: Led Bears with career-high and Bears team-record 28 special teams tackles.Now, back to David Ball talk.

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 01:10 PM
Surely this is against the TOS.xconfusedx That is from the other AP thread, cut and pasted here.

flea
September 21st, 2007, 01:25 PM
Ball is back on the bears PS

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 01:26 PM
Your admission of misrepresentation is accepted.

Now familiarize yourself with the facts and never say again that AP "will never do anything in the NFL. He is relegated to 3rd string, where he will always be."Now, back to David Ball talk.

Then how come Brendan Ayanbadejo made the pro bowl and ap hasn't sniffed it?

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 01:48 PM
Then how come Brendan Ayanbadejo made the pro bowl and ap hasn't sniffed it?What does that have to do with you saying "adrian peterson would be a lifetime backup" when actually you said AP "will never do anything in the NFL. He is relegated to 3rd string, where he will always be." Obviously he is second string RB, starting special teamer and has done a bunch in the NFL.

How come AP is the all-time D-I rushing leader and Bust Benson never sniffed it? xrolleyesx

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 01:52 PM
David Ball back with Bears
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3856

LAKE FOREST, Ill. — The Bears on Friday re-signed punter Dirk Johnson to their 53-man roster and released cornerback Ade Jimoh, repeating the same two moves that were made last Saturday.

An emergency fill-in for the injured Brad Maynard, Johnson averaged 49.8 yards on four punts in last Sunday's 20-10 win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Johnson was waived Wednesday, but is back two days later.

The Bears also made two practice squad moves, re-signing receiver David Ball and terminating the contract of safety Josh Gattis.

Ball signed with the Bears as an undrafted free agent out of the University of New Hampshire and spent the entire preseason with the team and the first two weeks of the regular season on Chicago’s practice squad.

bodoyle's lunch:
http://www.kojinshugi.com/wp-content/crow.jpg

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 02:10 PM
He isnt even the best special teams player on the team!

Yey, you were the best, and I use that loosely, RB in "IAA", your reward? Lifetime back-up RB and special teams starter! xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

rokamortis
September 21st, 2007, 02:11 PM
xconfusedx That is from the other AP thread, cut and pasted here.

That doesn't make it acceptable, does it?

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 02:25 PM
Yey, you were the best, and I use that loosely, RB in "IAA"http://learning.cc.hccs.edu/Members/cschweitzer/images/troll.jpg
bodoyle troll again caught in his web of lies

OFFICIAL 2007 NCAA® DIVISION I FOOTBALL RECORDS BOOK
CAREER RUSHING YARDS
Player, Team Years Carries Yards Avg. Long
Adrian Peterson, Ga. Southern 1998-01 996 6,559 6.59 91
Charles Roberts, Sacramento St. 1997-00 1,124 6,553 5.83 70
Ron Dayne, Wisconsin 1996-99 1,115 6,397 5.74 80
Ricky Williams, Texas 1995-98 1,011 6,279 6.21 87
Jerry Azumah, New Hampshire 1995-98 1,044 6,193 5.93 96
...way further down the list:
Cedric Benson, Texas 2001-04 1,112 5,540 4.98 64
http://www.ncaa.org/library/records/football/football_records_book/2007/2007_d1_football_records_book.pdf

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 02:28 PM
http://learning.cc.hccs.edu/Members/cschweitzer/images/troll.jpg
bodoyle troll again caught in his web of lies

OFFICIAL 2007 NCAA® DIVISION I FOOTBALL RECORDS BOOK
CAREER RUSHING YARDS
Player, Team Years Carries Yards Avg. Long
Adrian Peterson, Ga. Southern 1998-01 996 6,559 6.59 91
Charles Roberts, Sacramento St. 1997-00 1,124 6,553 5.83 70
Ron Dayne, Wisconsin 1996-99 1,115 6,397 5.74 80
Ricky Williams, Texas 1995-98 1,011 6,279 6.21 87
Jerry Azumah, New Hampshire 1995-98 1,044 6,193 5.93 96
...way further down the list:
Cedric Benson, Texas 2001-04 1,112 5,540 4.98 64
http://www.ncaa.org/library/records/football/football_records_book/2007/2007_d1_football_records_book.pdf

Not caught in a lie...I just don't automatically assimilate the most yards with the best player.

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 02:31 PM
How come AP is the all-time D-I rushing leader and Bust Benson never sniffed it? xrolleyesx
Yey, you were the best, and I use that loosely, RB in "IAA"http://www.do2learn.com/picturecards/images/imageschedule/flushtoilet_l.gif

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 02:33 PM
I said he wouldn't make a team, and he hasn't. Said adrian peterson would be a lifetime backup and he has been.http://www.do2learn.com/picturecards/images/imageschedule/flushtoilet_l.gif

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
What's so special about an incomplete pass?

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 02:46 PM
What's so special about an incomplete pass?What's so special about incomplete reasoning? You still use it. xrolleyesx

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 03:02 PM
What's so special about incomplete reasoning? You still use it. xrolleyesx

Way to address the question.

Incomplete reasoning? I said I didn't think Ball was good enough, and stated why, and presently is not on a 53 man roster. I pointed out why I loosely used best RB for ap, and pointed out why, and also said that I think he is a lifetime backup rb, be it 3rd string, or 2nd string, it's a backup, and well, look at his career...1 start. What is incomplete?

FCSFAN
September 21st, 2007, 03:07 PM
xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx

http://learning.cc.hccs.edu/Members/cschweitzer/images/troll.jpg

xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx xboringx

UNHFan99
September 25th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Ball was released again yesterday. 9/24/07

FCSFAN
September 25th, 2007, 04:35 PM
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/38/94/22749438.jpg

TigerFan17
September 25th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Just don't get it...he seemed impressive at camps. Just got stuck in a bad situation I guess. I don't think its over for him.

UNHWildCats
September 25th, 2007, 04:48 PM
teams sign and release players based on upcoming opponents. There was probably someone they felt helped the team better oprepare for this weekends game.

UNHFan99
September 25th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Dave will be fine. It is definitelly not over for him. He will be resigned later in the season either to the Bears or to another team. Other teams have to be curious of his abilities. Alot of teams work guys out on their bye weeks. So with those starting he should hopefully get some workouts.

UNHWildCats
September 25th, 2007, 07:40 PM
maybe the bears would be better off having Ball on the field every sunday and just let there useless QBs throw up jump balls and let Ball make amazing catches all day making the QBs look better then they are :p

LakeGriz
September 25th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Ball got re-signed by Bears just before Sunday's game. That's good for another $4,000 plus for the "week."

Cap'n Cat
September 26th, 2007, 07:54 AM
What's so special about incomplete reasoning? You still use it. xrolleyesx

Badger, badger, badger!

xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox

whitey
November 28th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Ball signed to the Jets Practice Squad today.

UNHWildCats
November 28th, 2007, 03:11 PM
with the way the Jets are playing they should put him on the 53 man roster and see if he can contribute. All the Jets are playing for now is auditions for 2008

whitey
November 28th, 2007, 03:20 PM
with the way the Jets are playing they should put him on the 53 man roster and see if he can contribute. All the Jets are playing for now is auditions for 2008

Go away Pats fan! xpeacex Ha.

WR is actually the least of our worries going into next season. A healthy Coles+Cotchery is more than adequate. We'll get Stuckey back next season (he looked great in camp/preseason before getting injured). McCareins makes a solid #4. Brad Smith will hopefully continue to make progress.

The Jets need to worry more about:

LG (Adrien Clarke is beyond TERRIBLE)
RT (Anthony Clement is just TERRIBLE)
CB (Need someone who can actually play opposite Revis)
Run Defense

UNHFan99
November 28th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Congrats to Dave.

WildcatFan
November 28th, 2007, 05:58 PM
If David plays for the Jets I will be a converted Patriots Fanxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Congrats to David!

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 29th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Congratulations, David and GOOD LUCK!

Old Cat Fan
November 30th, 2007, 11:22 PM
That is good news for D Ball at least it keeps him active and his name around a while longer. It was great to see him on the sidelines during the home games this year, at homecoming He and Jerry Azumah talked for the whole game it was fun watching them, when Zoom left before the the end of the 4th quarter, I yelled downed to him from the midway area on top of the grandstands to get that D Ball a job and he yelled back up to me that he was working on it.

Old Cat Fan
December 9th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Here is the latest I could find on Ball with the Jets. It's a nice write up from the New York Times, I like the fact that former UMASS defensive standout Ihedigbo is letting him shack up at his place for awhile.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/08/sports/football/08jets.html?ex=1354770000&en=ae0336c0a125c7b0&ei=5089&partner=rssyahoo&emc=rss

Peems
December 9th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Here is the latest I could find on Ball with the Jets. It's a nice write up from the New York Times, I like the fact that former UMASS defensive standout Ihedigbo is letting him shack up at his place for awhile.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/08/sports/football/08jets.html?ex=1354770000&en=ae0336c0a125c7b0&ei=5089&partner=rssyahoo&emc=rss

Good article about David. Hang in therexthumbsupx