PDA

View Full Version : Jackson State Shocks the College Football World Again

acbearkat
January 8th, 2022, 03:19 PM
Kevin Coleman, one of the nation’s top receivers committed to Jackson State at the All-American Bowl in San Antonio. Coleman is out of the St. Louis area, if I’m remembering correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizband
January 8th, 2022, 04:30 PM
Honestly, nothing Jackson State does shocks me at this point.

JacksFan40
January 8th, 2022, 04:32 PM
Need all the help they can get to compete with SC State.

Panther88
January 8th, 2022, 09:05 PM
Coach Prime isn't bs'ing with loading up on talent. #1 & #4 rated prospects coupled with some star'd OL already among others he anticipates closing the deal on.

rtzlunar
January 8th, 2022, 11:33 PM
Coach Prime - the Penny Hardaway of college football.

Sonic98
January 12th, 2022, 06:30 PM
Need all the help they can get to compete with SC State.

Not really. All Prime needed to was improve the OL and add depth. If you look at the final stats, SCSU'S numbers weren't close to the best against JSU outside of the points scored. With better OL play and a couple changes on the offensive gameplan, JSU wouldn't have been nursing that small lead for so long. Now the offense has added more firepower, and the defense has added depth to the DL and secondary. It won't be close to the same when these teams play again.

caribbeanhen
January 12th, 2022, 09:36 PM
Not really. All Prime needed to was improve the OL and add depth. If you look at the final stats, SCSU'S numbers weren't close to the best against JSU outside of the points scored. With better OL play and a couple changes on the offensive gameplan, JSU wouldn't have been nursing that small lead for so long. Now the offense has added more firepower, and the defense has added depth to the DL and secondary. It won't be close to the same when these teams play again.

Would love to Jackson State play my schedule

Bluetazman
January 12th, 2022, 10:54 PM
LOL, first and for most. Prime does not have contacts with the NFL. He played in the NFL but does anyone in the NFL today consider him to be "Primetime" NFL? If his NFL contacts were so great he would not be coaching in the FCS. Secondly, his conference will never play in the FCS title, so what is the draw? Lastly, no one is high on him coaching, even in the FCS. Several head coach openings seemed to fit the "Prime" but everything writing about him was he was not a good fit because it is all about the "Prime". Yes, he is a draw to some small minded fools, but in the end, it will come to nothing. The guy has always, and will be always be, about himself. Never once had he come off "about the team," it was always about me, the Prime and it will always be about him. His sales will be about who came to his team (him) but nothing about what was accomplished. Sure he can get some of the top talent that will go to the NFL but the true test is what he did with that talent while under his coaching. When you get the #1 rated guy we know will be going to the pros but what did he accomplish with that #1 talent on his team, what did he win? The whatever Bowl or a title? The sad story is, the "Prime" is long over with the day he left the NFL.

Panther88
January 13th, 2022, 10:03 AM
LOL, first and for most. Prime does not have contacts with the NFL. He played in the NFL but does anyone in the NFL today consider him to be "Primetime" NFL? If his NFL contacts were so great he would not be coaching in the FCS. Secondly, his conference will never play in the FCS title, so what is the draw? Lastly, no one is high on him coaching, even in the FCS. Several head coach openings seemed to fit the "Prime" but everything writing about him was he was not a good fit because it is all about the "Prime". Yes, he is a draw to some small minded fools, but in the end, it will come to nothing. The guy has always, and will be always be, about himself. Never once had he come off "about the team," it was always about me, the Prime and it will always be about him. His sales will be about who came to his team (him) but nothing about what was accomplished. Sure he can get some of the top talent that will go to the NFL but the true test is what he did with that talent while under his coaching. When you get the #1 rated guy we know will be going to the pros but what did he accomplish with that #1 talent on his team, what did he win? The whatever Bowl or a title? The sad story is, the "Prime" is long over with the day he left the NFL.

S~, look at this one. xlolx "It" is truly "rich." xlolx xlmaox

NY Crusader 2010
January 13th, 2022, 10:10 AM
What's Jackson State's schedule next year? I definitely will be paying attention. Any chance of an FBS scalp?

Panther88
January 13th, 2022, 10:15 AM
What's Jackson State's schedule next year? I definitely will be paying attention. Any chance of an FBS scalp?

I have no factual dog in the JSU hunt but I don't think JSU needs an FBS $$$ game to up its coffers, considering the solid home game #s they averaged. I think they are solidly above that 45K+ figure for home attendance. Don't quote me too much but I think it's somewhere thereabouts.

Also, with the ascension of JSU recruiting, I think a few regional G5ers may not want to schedule them due to anticipated competitivity coupled w/ the experienced coaching staff, especially on the defensive side.

Mike296
January 13th, 2022, 10:28 AM
I have no factual dog in the JSU hunt but I don't think JSU needs an FBS $$$ game to up its coffers, considering the solid home game #s they averaged. I think they are solidly above that 45K+ figure for home attendance. Don't quote me too much but I think it's somewhere thereabouts.

Also, with the ascension of JSU recruiting, I think a few regional G5ers may not want to schedule them due to anticipated competitivity coupled w/ the experienced coaching staff, especially on the defensive side.

The only two regional options I see right now for JSU are ULL and maybe Southern Miss but I think that second one might be a stretch pick as an in state game. ULL have been very good recently and even with them losing their HC(at least I think they did) they still should be a very solid team. ULL vs JSU would be an interesting watch for me at least.

Panther88
January 13th, 2022, 03:37 PM
The only two regional options I see right now for JSU are ULL and maybe Southern Miss but I think that second one might be a stretch pick as an in state game. ULL have been very good recently and even with them losing their HC(at least I think they did) they still should be a very solid team. ULL vs JSU would be an interesting watch for me at least.

+1. Agrees wholly with you.

For emotional reasons, would love to see JSU knock heads w/ USM right now.

JacksFan40
January 13th, 2022, 04:10 PM
They don’t have one next year but looks like they have Texas State in 2023. Assuming these great recruits work out, they should smother Texas State in two years.

JacksFan40
January 13th, 2022, 04:12 PM
With the talent Jackson State will have I’d hope they could destroy their HBCU competition. It’s a shame they’ll never be in the playoffs because they’d make it real interesting. Same goes for the Ivies, and I know it’s like beating a dead horse but I would love to see them in the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
January 13th, 2022, 05:05 PM
With the talent Jackson State will have I’d hope they could destroy their HBCU competition. It’s a shame they’ll never be in the playoffs because they’d make it real interesting. Same goes for the Ivies, and I know it’s like beating a dead horse but I would love to see them in the playoffs.

Dartmouth at Jackson State ... pass it on

OhioHen
January 13th, 2022, 05:12 PM
S~, look at this one. xlolx "It" is truly "rich." xlolx xlmaox
That post didn't deserve the honor of a P88 ROFL. You have paid it more attention than it deserved.

Panther88
January 13th, 2022, 07:54 PM
That post didn't deserve the honor of a P88 ROFL. You have paid it more attention than it deserved.

"I post here so I won't get fined."

lol

acbearkat
January 13th, 2022, 10:08 PM
"I post here so I won't get fined."

lol

[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puddin Tane
January 13th, 2022, 10:30 PM

that pesky scoreboard. Lamar has trouble with it also