PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Megathread: 2022 Edition

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Preferred Walk-On
September 16th, 2022, 01:04 PM
crocodile tears every week, If games are really won in the trenches the Bizon win again and rather hardly it if I do say so myself

https://c.tenor.com/jBLqbjH6Mq4AAAAC/along-came.gif

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2022, 05:47 PM
It is a bad match up for NDSU, I would rather play Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin or any of the other Midwst teams we have played before. This game could end up looking like that EWU in Fargo a few years back, AZ has pretty good talent at the skill positions and a VERY mobile QB that improvises well. If our DE's do not do a better job of containment than they have in the first few games, we are going to have problems.
Or it could look more like EWU game in Cheney the year after when the Bison ran for 375 and controlled the ball for over 42 minutes. This isn't a style of offense these Arizona guys have seem much, if ever. We'll see whether they're up (and they're coached up) to the task since I don't think this is a very good match-up for them either.

POD Knows
September 16th, 2022, 10:02 PM
Or it could look more like EWU game in Cheney the year after when the Bison ran for 375 and controlled the ball for over 42 minutes. This isn't a style of offense these Arizona guys have seem much, if ever. We'll see whether they're up (and they're coached up) to the task since I don't think this is a very good match-up for them either.
😁 Anything is possible I suppose.

caribbeanhen
September 16th, 2022, 11:24 PM
https://c.tenor.com/jBLqbjH6Mq4AAAAC/along-came.gif

I’m dead serious... Bison roll

mmiller_34
September 17th, 2022, 08:12 AM
How did Montana AT Indiana State come to be??

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2022, 08:37 AM
I’m dead serious... Bison roll

IMO, this happens. The AZ QB is mobile but erratic and makes mistakes. Bison will play their Tampa 2 defense and keep everything in front of them and make AZ march down the field or in others words, increase the probability of them making mistakes.

Heck bring in an extra OL, which the Bison do, and dare AZ to stop the run....then kill them with play action, esp to the TEs

ST_Lawson
September 17th, 2022, 01:11 PM
How did Montana AT Indiana State come to be??

Home & home series: https://fbschedules.com/indiana-state-montana-schedule-football-series-for-2022-2025/

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 05:54 PM
Somebody needs to teach these Dbacks for NAU to catch a ball. This UND QB is throwing **** up for grabs and dodging bullets left and right. Also, the announcers for this game are clueless. The color guy is terrible

ST_Lawson
September 17th, 2022, 06:50 PM
I mean...I knew we were bad...but holy f*** are we bad.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 07:13 PM
UNI is going to lose to Sac State. Can’t tell if UNI is a really bad tackling team or Sac State is just that good.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2022, 08:34 PM
UNI is going to lose to Sac State. Can’t tell if UNI is a really bad tackling team or Sac State is just that good.

Sac St is good

#4 Cameron Skattebo is a bruiser

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 08:40 PM
Sac St is good

#4 Cameron Skattebo is a bruiser
He looked good but UNI couldn’t tackle anybody. UNI looks to me like they are phoning it in already. They are not going to be able to ride this Theo Day guy at QB.

The Yo Show
September 17th, 2022, 08:42 PM
I mean...I knew we were bad...but holy f*** are we bad.

Lawson I'm sorry. I almost picked SU over WIU in the pickem and really wish I had. I missed on so many games this week in the pickem ugh lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just when I thought the MVFC was having a down year, Missouri State is putting a game against #10 Arkansas.... And SIU beats Northwestern

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2022, 08:45 PM
He looked good but UNI couldn’t tackle anybody. UNI looks to me like they are phoning it in already. They are not going to be able to ride this Theo Day guy at QB.

Is UNI out of top 25 now?

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 08:47 PM
Is UNI out of top 25 now?
Nah. They will still be in the top 10 in these stupid “power” rankings. 😂

ST_Lawson
September 17th, 2022, 08:51 PM
Just when I thought the MVFC was having a down year, Missouri State is putting a game against #10 Arkansas.... And SIU beats Northwestern

I feel like half the conference has really stepped up and should just be like #1-5 in the FCS rankings, meanwhile the other half are all trying to tank for a good draft pick next year or something.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 08:54 PM
Jesus. 70 yard shovel pass to the house for Arkansas.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2022, 08:57 PM
What a terrible two minutes for MSU.

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2022, 08:57 PM
Missed a few blocks in the back on that punt return....good lord. xlolx

The Yo Show
September 19th, 2022, 01:08 PM
Ok, so maybe the MVFC is tougher than year than the first week two weeks had shown. NDSU, Missouri State and SDSU look tough. Lots of other teams behind that I am very confused on how they should be ranked at this point. Let the meat grinder commence! I'm sure it will all work out in the next few weeks where everyone should be.

F'N Hawks
September 19th, 2022, 01:20 PM
That was another quality loss for UNI, no way to keep them out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 20th, 2022, 06:14 AM
Should be a good Bison fan turnout for the USD game. Looking forward to cheering them on down there!!

And Sproles (WR) is the most overrated WR ever at NDSU. Last year 20 catches for 284 yards and 2 TDs. Needs to step up and become a go to WR.

The Yo Show
September 23rd, 2022, 10:49 AM
1 day till the start of conference play! Will be interesting watching the games this week!

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2022, 01:47 PM
1 day till the start of conference play! Will be interesting watching the games this week!

-13 days technically...UND and UNI played back on 9/10.

1 day is the start of a full schedule of conference play though.

Christiank22
September 24th, 2022, 01:32 PM
Told you guys we are just NOT good this year

POD Knows
September 24th, 2022, 01:43 PM
Pretty ****ty quarter of football by NDSU. throw a puck deep in USD territory, roughing the punter and 3rd and long. Freaking pathetic. Three penalties, ****ty tackling. Oh well but it is early.

Christiank22
September 24th, 2022, 01:55 PM
Pretty ****ty quarter of football by NDSU. throw a puck deep in USD territory, roughing the punter and 3rd and long. Freaking pathetic. Three penalties, ****ty tackling. Oh well but it is early.

Remember calling me out for saying this team has huge holes?

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Still trying to figure out how people think NDSU is #1 in the country. This team is not good and I think it's time Roehl puts in Payton or he hands in his resignation.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

ysubigred
September 24th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Still trying to figure out how people think NDSU is #1 in the country. This team is not good and I think it's time Roehl puts in Payton or he hands in his resignation.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkWanta trade teams? You ****ing guys are funny to listen too..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 02:26 PM
Wanta trade teams? You ****ing guys are funny to listen too..

Sent from my SM-G990U using TapatalkAre you watching the same team I am?

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 02:27 PM
This will never happen since the media is too soft on our coaching staff/leadership but it's time they call out the coaches and ask them if they know what they are doing?

POD Knows
September 24th, 2022, 02:28 PM
Three bison turnovers In the half. Brutal first half by NDSU. Absolutely terrible effort. USD score two TDS in 50 second before the half. Dog**** is the only possible description.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2022, 02:35 PM
If NDSU loses this game, as far as I am concerned they are out of the top 25. Zero quality wins ZERO RESUME.

ysubigred
September 24th, 2022, 02:44 PM
Are you watching the same team I am?

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkMan, the Bison play every game with a target on their back.. You're going to get each teams best shot. I believe NDSUs pretty ****ing good.

Christiank22
September 24th, 2022, 02:45 PM
If NDSU loses this game, as far as I am concerned they are out of the top 25. Zero quality wins ZERO RESUME.

I feel like I just said this a week ago and got called an idiot. Hmmm

Christiank22
September 24th, 2022, 02:45 PM
Man, the Bison play every game with a target on their back.. You're going to get each teams best shot. I believe NDSUs pretty ****ing good.

We suck lol

Preferred Walk-On
September 24th, 2022, 02:47 PM
Man, the Bison play every game with a target on their back.. You're going to get each teams best shot. I believe NDSUs pretty ****ing good.

There’ll be none of this (reasonable takes) for the next 1.5 hr here on Bisonville II…but I agree with you. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 02:48 PM

Sent from my SM-G990U using TapatalkThen you havent watched us play. We looked bad against Arizona and USD and mediocre against Drake and NCAT.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 02:49 PM
There’ll be none of this (reasonable takes) for the next 1.5 hr here on Bisonville II…but I agree with you. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI am the most anti-Bisonville fan there is, but sorry that I'm a fairweather fan.

semobison
September 24th, 2022, 02:51 PM
I don’t care how much talent you have, turnovers and penalties can be a great equalizer in College Football.

The Yo Show
September 24th, 2022, 02:54 PM
Not going to lie, I don't think ndsu is bad, but if they lose here, Montana is going to be my new #1.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I hope that ndsu doesn't lose because I don't like YSUs chance of the upset if ndsu losses two in a row before playing us in Fargo...

ysubigred
September 24th, 2022, 02:55 PM
Then you havent watched us play. We looked bad against Arizona and USD and mediocre against Drake and NCAT.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkWatching right now seen you all last week. Didn't watch Drake and NC A&T.

I guess what I'm saying after the run y'all had I know I'd be in football heaven or ****ing bored to death..

POD Knows
September 24th, 2022, 02:55 PM
I don’t care how much talent you have, turnovers and penalties can be a great equalizer in College Football.
Just heard that this was the first multiple turnover first half the Bison have had since 2014. That is actually pretty amazing

ysubigred
September 24th, 2022, 02:57 PM
Just heard that this was the first multiple turnover first half the Bison have had since 2014. That is actually pretty amazingLol.. and I say you'll win this game by 17..

Preferred Walk-On
September 24th, 2022, 02:59 PM
I am the most anti-Bisonville fan there is, but sorry that I'm a fairweather fan.

No need to be sorry. My comment was somewhat satirical, as Bisonville is fair weather on steroids, lots and lots of steroids. Just don’t think the sky is falling yet, but entertained by the extreme takes on this thread, and the team needs to sharpen up to meet their potential. I think they will.

semobison
September 24th, 2022, 03:01 PM
Just heard that this was the first multiple turnover first half the Bison have had since 2014. That is actually pretty amazing

Yep, play clean football in the 2nd half we should win going away.

Chalupa Batman
September 24th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Not going to lie, I don't think ndsu is bad, but if they lose here, Montana is going to be my new #1.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I hope that ndsu doesn't lose because I don't like YSUs chance of the upset if ndsu losses two in a row before playing us in Fargo...

SDSU is getting my attention what they're doing to Missouri State. Only 7-0 on the scoreboard but they are dominating that game so far.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 03:15 PM
No need to be sorry. My comment was somewhat satirical, as Bisonville is fair weather on steroids, lots and lots of steroids. Just don’t think the sky is falling yet, but entertained by the extreme takes on this thread, and the team needs to sharpen up to meet their potential. I think they will.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe havent looked this bad since 09 and maybe 2010 but clearly Cam has no confidence and our coaches are not putting him in a position to win.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 03:16 PM
I see TAB was chalking it up with Thundar on the Midco feed.

The Yo Show
September 24th, 2022, 03:18 PM
That's fair. I have been watching that game too. Will wait to see how the rest of this plays out.

Houndawg
September 24th, 2022, 03:20 PM

oh please

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 03:22 PM
Tyler Roehl is ****ing useless! Stop trying to make Kobe Johnson a ****ing A-Gap runner! Let's totally go away from what worked and use a scatback to go 3 and ****ing out. **** off.

Carolina010
September 24th, 2022, 03:22 PM
SDSU is getting my attention what they're doing to Missouri State. Only 7-0 on the scoreboard but they are dominating that game so far.

Defense was great in the first half but 0-3 in the kicking game has it still 7-0 at the half. Need to get better in short yardage situations so we don’t have to settle for long field goals.

Chalupa Batman
September 24th, 2022, 03:25 PM
Defense was great in the first half but 0-3 in the kicking game has it still 7-0 at the half. Need to get better in short yardage situations so we don’t have to settle for long field goals.

Yeah only being down 7-0 at the half has to be huge for Missouri State. Fantastic defensive effort by SDSU holding the Bears to 36 yards in the 1st half but it's only 1 play away from being tied up.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 03:32 PM
I see Roehl is still trying to make Johnson a power A runner.

Carolina010
September 24th, 2022, 03:48 PM
Huge pick by the jacks after mo state was putting together a good drive and turned it into 7. 14-0 jacks

Drblankstare
September 24th, 2022, 03:50 PM
This NDSU USD game is for sickos only. Just a gross game

semobison
September 24th, 2022, 03:59 PM
Hunter Leupke, best player in FCS! What a beast!

The Yo Show
September 24th, 2022, 04:06 PM
Yep, so Missouri State is back in the game.

Drblankstare
September 24th, 2022, 04:07 PM
The SDSU Mo St game is heating up. Good game

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 04:07 PM
Man, Missery St took offense to the name that was well deserved, and came to play in the 2nd half today.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 04:08 PM
Missouri St with a healthy Shelley is an extremely tough out.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2022, 04:08 PM
Ope, an SDBison sighting on the Midco fees.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2022, 04:09 PM
Nice 2nd half by NDSU. I will probably only drop them 3 or 4 spots in my poll.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2022, 04:26 PM
I think I will sit back and watch a completely undisciplined SIU team choke away a 21 point 4th quarter lead. Now ahead by 14, gifted UND a TD with defensive penalties. This is gonna be fun.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2022, 04:42 PM
Ha. SIU choke averted. Good job dawgs

Houndawg
September 24th, 2022, 04:59 PM
Ha. SIU choke averted. Good job dawgs

I thought UND's QB was better than that.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2022, 05:38 PM
I thought UND's QB was better than that.
You guys got pressure on him. He doesn’t get sacked much, he probably leads the FCS in balls thrown out of bounds 😀.

F'N Hawks
September 24th, 2022, 06:09 PM
UND beats UNI and not a post. Lose to SIU on road and posts all over. Classic.

UND was not ready to go today, looked terrible all game.

F'N Hawks
September 24th, 2022, 06:14 PM
Excited for the return of Panther fans to the board!

POD Knows
September 24th, 2022, 06:24 PM
Excited for the return of Panther fans to the board!
This signature win for UNI will propel them back into the top 25 😀

ysubigred
September 24th, 2022, 06:54 PM
This signature win for UNI will propel them back into the top 25 [emoji3]Playoff possibility also

F'N Hawks
September 24th, 2022, 07:05 PM
Oh for sure. Just watch, haha

ST_Lawson
September 24th, 2022, 11:01 PM
I spent the day at a marching band competition, so let's see how my Leathernecks did today...

https://i.imgur.com/hgEOFwo.gif

Oh....I see....well then....

https://i.imgur.com/p2GOiuL.gif

HAL_9000
September 25th, 2022, 12:01 AM
Let it out. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 08:59 AM
Told you guys we are just NOT good this year

Scrolled back because I knew you would have something on here and here you go....

This team is GOOD. Are they as good as some of the past Bison teams? Probably not but we'll see how the rest of the season goes. They just needed to get out of their own way yesterday and when they did.....wow, they actually looked pretty damn good.

This team has a huge ceiling but there are going to be growing pains throughout the season bc there are young guys in the rotation learning how to play. But if this is a team that is "not good" then I'll take it....xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 09:03 AM
UND beats UNI and not a post. Lose to SIU on road and posts all over. Classic.

UND was not ready to go today, looked terrible all game.

Ya, so what?

Tell more of your UND pals to post on here then. Or are they all hockey fans?

F'N Hawks
September 25th, 2022, 10:53 AM
Ya, so what?

Tell more of your UND pals to post on here then. Or are they all hockey fans?

Sorry big forum boy. Wonder why nobody posts here, interesting.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 11:02 AM
Sorry big forum boy. Wonder why nobody posts here, interesting.Because your fans are all delicate snowflakes, is that what you are saying?

F'N Hawks
September 25th, 2022, 11:28 AM
Because your fans are all delicate snowflakes, is that what you are saying?

Delicate as it gets, sad really.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 11:31 AM
Delicate as it gets, sad really.You guys will be back in it, you will beat Missouri State at home and then lose to the 'Quins on the road or some such ****.

ysubigred
September 25th, 2022, 12:41 PM
You guys will be back in it, you will beat Missouri State at home and then lose to the 'Quins on the road or some such ****.Put a #Bookit on that podrick..

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 01:51 PM
You guys will be back in it, you will beat Missouri State at home and then lose to the 'Quins on the road or some such ****.

UND's defense better be ready for Shelly. UND's defense looks very mediocre.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2022, 04:59 PM
UND's defense better be ready for Shelly. UND's defense looks very mediocre.
They are playing at home, just the slanted officiating is worth 14 points for UND.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2022, 08:27 PM
They are playing at home, just the slanted officiating is worth 14 points for UND.

UND definitely plays better at home.

Huge game for both teams.

mmiller_34
October 1st, 2022, 12:14 PM
I’m watching the Missouri State / UND right now. It sounds like UND has their sound system on like 100%. The music at times is drowning out the announcers

clenz
October 2nd, 2022, 07:43 PM
Here's some fun with numbers

I hate our athletic department

https://i.imgur.com/6sveVJE.jpg

In terms of budget increase from 2005 (or first year I have data) to 2021
SDSU - 423.1%
ISUR - 166.1%
MOSU - 142.8%
ISUB - 103.6%
FCS Median - 103.3%
WIU - 95.6%
SIU - 92.3%
NDSU - 90.0%
YSU - 86.7%
UND - 73.7%
USD - 56.6%
MUSU - 50.3%
UNI - 44.2%

What a fantastic result for UNI in that regard.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2022, 07:46 PM

SDSU - 423.1%
ISUR - 166.1%
MOSU - 142.8%
ISUB - 103.6%
FCS Median - 103.3%
WIU - 95.6%
SIU - 92.3%
NDSU - 90.0%
YSU - 86.7%
UND - 73.7%
USD - 56.6%
MUSU - 50.3%
UNI - 44.2%

So let me get this straight, NDSU is below the media for FCS but has owned the division for over a decade, gee, can you imagine what would have happened if they spent any money.

mmiller_34
October 2nd, 2022, 07:48 PM
That stadium made a big impact for those bunnies

mmiller_34
October 2nd, 2022, 07:51 PM
So let me get this straight, NDSU is below the media for FCS but has owned the division for over a decade, gee, can you imagine what would have happened if they spent any money.

Don’t think you read that right. We are quite above the FCS median, perhaps I’m reading it incorrectly. Idk Clenz help us.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 2nd, 2022, 07:53 PM

NDSU is above it.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2022, 08:04 PM
NDSU is above it.No we aren't, not as far of cumulative budget increases, we are over 13% below the FCS median increase of 103%, NDSU is 90%. As for $, yea, we are higher, that graph is a nightmare. The legend on the right hand side and the color coding is tough to follow, I have no idea if the legend is ranked by $, I doubt it is as ISUb is at the top of the legend.

clenz
October 2nd, 2022, 09:03 PM
I didn’t realize an alphabetical key would confuse so many people. How the **** else would you put a key in something? The only two out of order are non MVFC lines - musu, who is joining, and the fcs median

There’s a key. It’s color coded by school color - or secondary if there are two that are basically identical.

You follow the line for that color for that school

I was under the assumption line graphs were line a 3rd grade deal.

mmiller_34
October 2nd, 2022, 09:09 PM
I didn’t realize an alphabetical key would confuse so many people. How the **** else would you put a key in something? The only two out of order are non MVFC lines - musu, who is joining, and the fcs median

There’s a key. It’s color coded by school color - or secondary if there are two that are basically identical.

Lol.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2022, 09:34 PM

Not enough differentiation in your colors and it is a fact that the FCS Median spending increases in % for the period is higher than NDSU but NDSU spends more per year that the median. SDSU saw spending increases the period well in excess of NDSU and UND is up there as well. My jab was directed at them but WTF.

Oh and I have created more freaking graphs and looked at more freaking graphs in a year than you will probably see or do in a lifetime. I am the Graph Prince of Darkness. Your graph is worthless and weak. You should have used color and other line definition for increased clarity. 😀

clenz
October 2nd, 2022, 09:38 PM
As smart as you claim to be a the most basic of ****ing line graphs should be nothing for you.

If there isn't enough differentiation of color for you, you need to get a new ****ing monitor. There's plenty for me, but I'm using a color accurate higher end monitors.

I can't adjust for your cheap ass monitor. I'm sorry you can't see a difference between school colors. I pulled each lines color directly from the schools color guides. The only 2 not in school hex code is SIU due to it being too close to MSU so it is black. USD is grey due to ISUr and YSU and they use grey in their uniforms. YSU is an off shade of red. WIU is yellow because UNI came first in alphabetical order with the same exact shade or purple. Indiana State came before SDSU but the yellow for SDSU would cause an issue for YSU given the UNI purple issue. Thus ISUb got their old blue, which they use for basketball, baseball, volleyball, etc.

I imagine watching games is a niighmare for you unless one team is fully in color and the other is wearing storm trooper uniforms.

Also the % increase isn't ****ing tied to the graph at all. What ****ing makes you think it's tied to it? Your brain is clearly too big to understand such things I guess.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2022, 09:47 PM
As smart as you claim to be a the most basic of ****ing line graphs should be nothing for you.

If there isn't enough differentiation of color for you, you need to get a new ****ing monitor. There's plenty for me, but I'm using a color accurate higher end monitors.

I can't adjust for your cheap ass monitor. I'm sorry you can't see a difference between school colors. I pulled each lines color directly from the schools color guides. The only 2 not in school hex code is SIU due to it being too close to MSU so it is black. USD is grey due to ISUr and YSU and they use grey in their uniforms. YSU is an off shade of red. WIU is yellow because UNI came first in alphabetical order with the same exact shade or purple. Indiana State came before SDSU but the yellow for SDSU would cause an issue for YSU given the UNI purple issue. Thus ISUb got their old blue, which they use for basketball, baseball, volleyball, etc.

I imagine watching games is a niighmare for you unless one team is fully in color and the other is wearing storm trooper uniforms.

Also the % increase isn't ****ing tied to the graph at all. What ****ing makes you think it's tied to it? Your brain is clearly too big to understand such things I guess.
Then why did you put the increases for the period in the graph it they aren’t relative. Another rookie mistake. Also, my monitor is a freaking iPhone, most of us don’t sit squirreled away in a basement with a high res monitors, you should configure your presentation with your audience in mind. 😆

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2022, 09:52 PM
Interesting.. not sure what ISU BLUE is spending their ****ing money on unless it's round ball.

YSU's budget is strange.. since 05 YSUs athlete facilities have jumped leaps and bounds. I believe most of the $ was private hence not a huge jump as SDSU.

clenz
October 2nd, 2022, 09:55 PM
That isn’t facilities budget. That is strictly football budget. Though each school/BoR/state may have slightly different regs for how things are reported. SDSU with their stadium might fall into that but tweets be the one school that reports stadium debt payments as a sport specific budget line rather than lumped into the faculties budget. I didn’t look at the facilities budgets, but I have them.

I’ve wondered the same with ISUb. I track the numbers yearly and when I noticed them shooting up I got curious but never figure out what they were doing with it.

clenz
October 2nd, 2022, 09:57 PM
Then why did you put the increases for the period in the graph it they aren’t relative. Another rookie mistake. Also, my monitor is a freaking iPhone, most of us don’t sit squirreled away in a basement with a high res monitors, you should configure your presentation with your audience in mind. [emoji38]

It’s not in the graph. It’s in the same post, posted below it, but isn’t anywhere in the graphic. The % increase is the starting point of the line to the ending point of the line.

Are you okay? I’m worried your having a health event. I look at it in my iPhone and it looks fine.

I shared that same graph is 3 separate group texts and the UNI message board. You’re literally the only one with an issue understanding it.

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2022, 10:00 PM
That isn’t facilities budget. That is strictly football budget. Though each school/BoR/state may have slightly different rega for how things are reported.

I’ve wondered the same with ISUb. I track the numbers yearly and when I noticed them shooting up I got curious but never figure out what they were doing with it.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOh.. damn SDSU [emoji2962]

clenz
October 2nd, 2022, 10:03 PM
It’s real interesting to note how Farley became a “bad coach” once his athletic directors pulled everything away from him and Stig became a genius once he was given an extra 400% in budget.

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2022, 10:05 PM
It’s real interesting to note how Farley became a “bad coach” once his athletic directors pulled everything away from him and Stig became a tenuous once he was given an extra 400% in budget.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGotcha. UNI as much as I hate to say it does well for the $ lol

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2022, 10:06 PM
It’s real interesting to note how Farley became a “bad coach” once his athletic directors pulled everything away from him and Stig became a tenuous once he was given an extra 400% in budget.

I wanna know how NDSU was able to do all this with a 90% increase in spending even with the second highest spend since 2017 seeing as now we are including the irrelevant % increases per you previous jab. 🤣

clenz
October 2nd, 2022, 10:12 PM
I wanna know how NDSU was able to do all this with a 90% increase in spending even with the second highest spend since 2017 seeing as now we are including the irrelevant % increases per you previous jab. [emoji1787]

What am I saying is irrelevant?

What jab? I made no jabs. I posted data with no comment.

I’m genuinely concerned for you right now.

clenz
October 2nd, 2022, 10:16 PM
Let me make this as simple as I can

The graph is nothing other than a line chart of each teams budget year to year from 2005 (or earliest i have data for)

In a completely separate part of the same post is a data set that take the two ends of the line graph and orders the teams by largest increase in football operating budget from start to end of the graph

The two are completely unrelated in anyway when it comes to making any conclusions or anything else.

One shows year to year data over a 16 year span

Those other shows budget increase by % over that same timeframe.

They are not related to each other other than both using 2 points of data from the same set.

Neither is “now irrelevant”. Neither is more relevant. It’s two ways to view a data set

You can continue to fight your side because you’re too ****ing stubborn to change your stance on something or admit it took you 3 extra seconds to figure it out. It’s what you do. So be it.

nodak651
October 3rd, 2022, 02:32 AM
That isn’t facilities budget. That is strictly football budget. Though each school/BoR/state may have slightly different regs for how things are reported. SDSU with their stadium might fall into that but tweets be the one school that reports stadium debt payments as a sport specific budget line rather than lumped into the faculties budget. I didn’t look at the facilities budgets, but I have them.

It's included. This is the value attributed to sdsu football operating expenses in years 2019-21.
2021 Athletic Facilities Debt
Service, Leases and
Rental Fee
$2,590,979
2020 Athletic Facilities Debt
Service, Leases and Rental
Fee
$2,814,245
2019 Athletic Facilities Debt
Service, Leases and
Rental Fee
$3,093,131

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 06:35 AM
Let me make this as simple as I can

The graph is nothing other than a line chart if each teams budget year to year from 2005 (or earliest i grave data for)

In a completely separate part of the same post is a data set that take the two ends of the line graph and orders the teams by largest increase in football operating budget from start to end of the graph

The two are completely unrelated in anyway when it comes to make any conclusions or anything else.

One shows year to year data over a 16 year span

Those other shows budget increase by % over that same timeframe.

They are not related to each other other than both using 2 points of data from the same set.

Neither is “now irrelevant”. Neither is more relevant. It’s two ways to view a data set

You can continue to fight your side because you’re too ****ing stubborn to change your stance on something or admit it took you 3 extra seconds to figure it out. It’s what you do. So be it.

You should post the same data, but drawn with crayon and just watch his head explode.

*Scrolls back to the previous page*

Oh you already did. LMFAO.

clenz
October 3rd, 2022, 09:00 AM
You should post the same data, but drawn with crayon and just watch his head explode.

I thought I'd verify while at work today rather than my 27" 1440p higher-end monitors I am now on my basic work monitors - HP 24yh. Granted they are an IPS display but only 1080p at 250 nits and 93 PPI.

It might actually be easier to read on these because the 1080p force increases the graph size and is less color accurate so there is even more difference in colors.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 09:02 AM

This and make sure that he used the box of 8 crayons and maybe some distinctive colors from the box of 64 and maybe paste each schools football helmet in the lines on the graph for easy reference.

clenz
October 3rd, 2022, 09:02 AM
It's included. This is the value attributed to sdsu football operating expenses in years 2019-21.
2021 Athletic Facilities Debt
Service, Leases and
Rental Fee
$2,590,979
2020 Athletic Facilities Debt
Service, Leases and Rental
Fee
$2,814,245
2019 Athletic Facilities Debt
Service, Leases and
Rental Fee
$3,093,131
Good to know. I didn't dig beyond the numbers, though I could have. This was just a Sunday night conversation that prompted me to look at the numbers, which prompted the graph because it was easier to share than typing everything out.

I've debated going deeper into it, but that wasn't a last night deal.

clenz
October 3rd, 2022, 09:08 AM
This and make sure that he used the box of 8 crayons and maybe some distinctive colors from the box of 64 and maybe paste each schools football helmet in the lines on the graph for easy reference.
I'm sorry purple, kelly green, NDSU green, light blue, darker royal blue, maroon, red, black, yellow, grey, orange, and pink all look the same to you.

The only thing I will grant is the SIU black and the UNI purple are fairly close in terms of brightnesss, start at the exact same spot, and from 05-08 match almost identically before taking very different paths starting with 2009. I assigned colors before importing data, so I didn't realize I'd have purple and black start on top of each other and follow the same path for 3 years. Would it make you happier if I changed SIU to aqua? I'm not going too, but would that have made you happier?

I realize 13 lines on a line chart isn't ideal, however, given the pure quantity of data points (191) any other graph was mostly worthless

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry purple, kelly green, NDSU green, light blue, darker royal blue, maroon, red, black, yellow, grey, orange, and pink all look the same to you.

The only thing I will grant is the SIU black and the UNI purple are fairly close in terms of brightnesss, start at the exact same spot, and from 05-08 match almost identically before taking very different paths.

I realize 13 lines on a line chart isn't ideal, however, given the pure quantity of data points (191) any other graph was mostly worthless
I am mostly messing with you, the graph looks a lot better from my laptop. I was mostly, tongue in cheek, jabbing at SDSU and UND for their return on investment.

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2022, 09:19 AM

SDSU - 423.1%
ISUR - 166.1%
MOSU - 142.8%
ISUB - 103.6%
FCS Median - 103.3%
WIU - 95.6%
SIU - 92.3%
NDSU - 90.0%
YSU - 86.7%
UND - 73.7%
USD - 56.6%
MUSU - 50.3%
UNI - 44.2%

.....SO DUH HURRICANE WILL HIT.....SOUFFERN ILLINOIS.......xchinscratchxxdontknowxxchinscratch x.........BRAWK!

clenz
October 3rd, 2022, 09:20 AM
I am mostly messing with you, the graph looks a lot better from my laptop. I was mostly, tongue in cheek, jabbing at SDSU and UND for their return on investment.
To be fair to SDSU and their budget, and I admit I didn't go into those numbers, if their stadium is funded in that budget it does significantly impact them against a place like NDSU who doesn't have to pay **** all for facilities, game day staffing, etc.

I'll be real interested to watch what UNI's numbers do in the next 5 years. This his homecoming week and this weekend the university is unveiling their massive capital campaign that is nearly a half billion dollars in campus upgrades. Athletics has about $120 million in that budget for facilities. About 50m of that is for the UNIDome. Wonder if that will get put in the football budget or not.

Like I said, each school has different rules for reporting. It's why UNI shows about 50% in university subsidy each year when almost all of that is scholarships. Iowa's BOR forces UNI to build that into "university aid" because it considered athletics scholarships a different pot than every other scholarship on campus. Thus the academic side charges athletics for scholarships, loans them the money for scholarships, and the athletic department sends the money right back to the academic side. They don't do that for any other programs at UNI. The education college isn't charged for scholarships, loaned the money, and then pays is back. It's just a scholarship.

Thus UNI has to report athletic scholarships as institutional aid, even though it really isn't - and isn't reported that way almost anywhere else.

JacksFan40
October 3rd, 2022, 12:03 PM

SDSU - 423.1%
ISUR - 166.1%
MOSU - 142.8%
ISUB - 103.6%
FCS Median - 103.3%
WIU - 95.6%
SIU - 92.3%
NDSU - 90.0%
YSU - 86.7%
UND - 73.7%
USD - 56.6%
MUSU - 50.3%
UNI - 44.2%

Seeing the success we have had since actually investing into the program, I can only imagine how much better our program would be if we had done this 30 years ago in D2.

JacksFan40
October 3rd, 2022, 12:06 PM
It’s real interesting to note how Farley became a “bad coach” once his athletic directors pulled everything away from him and Stig became a genius once he was given an extra 400% in budget.

Anyone with a brain realizes Stig's success is directly correlated with him now having the best resources in the FCS. Before that he was no different from any other SDSU coach throughout our history, mediocre at best. 1999 and 2009 were his only good seasons before the funding bump, and both those seasons ended in disappointment. 2007 was just a case of a historic upset over NDSU, and the Great West being trash.

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 12:08 PM
SDSU's football expenses definitely includes some financing on their stadium. It was completed in 2016 and their expenses shot up in 2017.

It was still funny to hear Stiggy asking for more money to compete with NDSU before (I believe) the 2017 Marker game in Brookings.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 12:13 PM
Just for future reference and to maybe get you an extra W in your pick 'ems, UND is 8-1 in their last 9 games against ranked teams in that tin shed they play in and the only loss was to NDSU 16-10 back in the forgotten and buried spring 2021 season

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2022, 12:19 PM
Just for future reference and to maybe get you an extra W in your pick 'ems, UND is 8-1 in their last 9 games against ranked teams in that tin shed they play in and the only loss was to NDSU 16-10 back in the forgotten and buried spring 2021 season
It was in the fall 2021 season but that game was so ugly it probably belonged in the spring 2021 season.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2022, 12:21 PM
It was in the fall 2021 season but that game was so ugly it probably belonged in the spring 2021 season.OH yea, ****, that is right, my bad, I sort of blacked out that game and it took me a week or so to recover, still in recovery it appears.

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 12:22 PM
To be fair to SDSU and their budget, and I admit I didn't go into those numbers, if their stadium is funded in that budget it does significantly impact them against a place like NDSU who doesn't have to pay **** all for facilities, game day staffing, etc.

I'll be real interested to watch what UNI's numbers do in the next 5 years. This his homecoming week and this weekend the university is unveiling their massive capital campaign that is nearly a half billion dollars in campus upgrades. Athletics has about $120 million in that budget for facilities. About 50m of that is for the UNIDome. Wonder if that will get put in the football budget or not.

Like I said, each school has different rules for reporting. It's why UNI shows about 50% in university subsidy each year when almost all of that is scholarships. Iowa's BOR forces UNI to build that into "university aid" because it considered athletics scholarships a different pot than every other scholarship on campus. Thus the academic side charges athletics for scholarships, loans them the money for scholarships, and the athletic department sends the money right back to the academic side. They don't do that for any other programs at UNI. The education college isn't charged for scholarships, loaned the money, and then pays is back. It's just a scholarship.

Thus UNI has to report athletic scholarships as institutional aid, even though it really isn't - and isn't reported that way almost anywhere else.
Just do what we do and borrow against your future generations. :D

clenz
October 3rd, 2022, 12:27 PM
Just do what we do and borrow against your future generations. :D
I'll just bank on the idea we will be Iowa-Cedar Falls at some point in the next decade.

JSUSoutherner
October 3rd, 2022, 12:28 PM
I'll just bank on the idea we will be Iowa-Cedar Falls at some point in the next decade.
But Iowa is already a CF.

SDFS
October 3rd, 2022, 12:57 PM

Yes, it is interesting. I looked at the 2009 to 2020 range. I eliminated 2021 because of too much noise from outside influences. In 2009 when NDSU and SDSU first joined the MVFC. UNI ($3.7) had the largest football budget followed by NDSU ($3.3). SDSU ($1.6) had the smallest budget. In 2020, SDSU ($7.2) had the largest budget followed by NDSU ($5.6), UND ($5.4) with UNI really showing no change at ($3.7).

Now other things to consider, facilities (SDSU new Stadium). So, the large change in numbers are more focused on capital costs vs operational costs. And for NDSU and UND, the travel costs may show up more in their operational numbers. If you look, you will see a jump for USD because of Dome upgrades. It is not as pronounced as SDSU but the increase is notable.

Otherwise the CORE (MVC) of the MVFC all have very similar budgets. Oh, WIU and MUSU are definitely on the low end.

In closing UNI fans might need to do what SDSU fans did for a while. They would calculate $$$/win to show everyone that they did more with less. Kind of poking at NDSU and their budget advantage. It seemed to work for them.

SDFS
October 3rd, 2022, 02:46 PM
I do think the other issue that UNI is running into is the overlap in recruiting territory. Previously, UNI was the only FCS school in the upper Midwest. Now, you have 5 and I know that the Dakota schools offer CoA and all have completed/in progress with major football upgrades. So, the talent in the area is getting spread-out among the schools.

Chalupa Batman
October 3rd, 2022, 06:05 PM

Who the hell thinks Stig is a genius? NDSU will gladly help pay his next contract extension.

Chalupa Batman
October 3rd, 2022, 06:50 PM
Standout TE Noah Gindorff's NDSU career appears to be over. His ankle injury from last December never fully healed and he had to undergo a second surgery on it. He was a legitimate NFL Draft prospect but now it looks like he has a long road ahead to even try out for an NFL roster, if he still chooses to do so.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-career-over-for-standout-te-noah-gindorff (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-career-over-for-standout-te-noah-gindorff)

Winterborn
October 4th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Standout TE Noah Gindorff's NDSU career appears to be over. His ankle injury from last December never fully healed and he had to undergo a second surgery on it. He was a legitimate NFL Draft prospect but now it looks like he has a long road ahead to even try out for an NFL roster, if he still chooses to do so.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-career-over-for-standout-te-noah-gindorff (https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-career-over-for-standout-te-noah-gindorff)

Heard about that this morning from a coworker.

Hope he heals up fully.

clenz
October 4th, 2022, 11:30 AM
Who the hell thinks Stig is a genius? NDSU will gladly help pay his next contract extension.
Take the pulse nationally on Stig and Farley - who are basically the exact same coach - and you'll see that the perception nationally is Stig is a top 5-7 coach in the nation and Farley would be lucky to crack anyone's top 20-25.

Farley didn't forget how to coach after 2011. There have been issues, but he didn't forget how to coach. Look at what he did 01-2011. He didn't forget how to do that. He didn't forget how to get a team to a national title game, how to beat FBS teams, and the coach that was the runner-up for the Eddie Robinson award didn't just disappear.

What happened was we had an AD prior to 2008/2009 that was positioning UNI to move to the MAC/MWC by 2012 or 2013 - see how the football budget exploded up before anyone else saw that same kind of trend. The dome had some decent upgrades as far as locker room and weight room taking place around that time. Then we had an AD change, and that momentum was paused. That AD tried to restart it - we moved wrestling from the WWC to the MAC as part of building the relationship with the MAC to move all programs. That never went anywhere, and that AD saw the Iowa BoR putting their foot down, so he took off for an FBS job (and has done well there). Then our current AD was put in place, and it's been an utter disaster.

The whole FBS move falling apart, change of ADs, etc. all happened to coincide with SDSU pouring everything they have, and then some, into their athletic programs (mostly football). It's not a coincidence that Stig's perception (especially outside of the Dakota states) skyrocketed once he was given more money than anyone else and better facilities than anyone else. Farley went from having the best facilities (****ing lul, even by 2009 standards) and the most money to less money than anyone outside of a school that probably shouldn't even be open anymore, and the worst facilities to the point he programs went 3 seasons without practicing on campus before our first real practice field in the history of the program was opened up last October

As far as recruiting being an issue - maybe but mostly doubtful. There isn't a ton of competition between the Dakota's and UNI. There's some each year but not a ton of overlap. In the Twin Cities, there's some overlap but it's not like UNI ever really recruited NW Iowa super heavy. I can think of maybe 4 players from NW Iowa that went to Central Lyon: Riley Van Whye, Jordan Gacke, and Justin Overman in the 90s/early 00s, and then Josh Mahoney in the 00s from O'Gorman. Granted all 4 of those ended up being All-Conference-type players (Mahoney was a multi-time All-American and Campbell Award finalist) for UNI but we didn't lose a massive pipeline. I guess there was an OL from Hartly-Melvin-Sanborn a few years ago but I don't think he ever saw the field. So, it's not like UNI is starved of talent. UNI's "major" pipelines have always been Kansas City, the Twin Cities, and then occasionally St. Louis. We still do quite well in those areas, specifically Kansas City.

I'm not saying Farley hasn't had issues with running the program - specifically what he's doing on offense - for the last decade, but it's not like he became a bad coach at 49 years old after spending 28 years as a high-level assistant college coach and head coach a decade ago. It's also not like Stig suddenly became a "top 5 coach" a decade ago at 55 years old after 35 years of being exactly who he was. However, if you take the pulse, nationally, that is exactly what you would be led to believe.

JacksFan40
October 4th, 2022, 12:41 PM
Come take a walk around SDSUFans and you'll think Stig is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself with how some of the users talk about him. They refuse to admit his shortcomings and do not think we could possibly get a better coach than him. I will grant Stig a pass by saying that it's not like he ever had much to work with pre 2012, as highlighted by the graph, our program was the worst funded in the MVFC until around 2010-2012, which is when the upgrades started. Heck, USD and UND had better funding when they made the move to D1, and I'm pretty sure Augustana, Sioux Falls, and Northern State have better funding than we did in our early D1 years. But that also highlights his shortcomings, he was not able to elevate the program through his coaching skills alone. His tenure before 2012 was no different from Mike Daly's tenure from 1991-1996. Stig never got us to the D2 playoffs despite having had 7 seasons to do so, the 2003 season was a massive blunder given the talent we had. He did get us to the FCS playoffs in 2009, but it ended with one of the biggest choke jobs in history against Montana.

Stig is a good coach propped up by gaining the best resources in the FCS, but he will never be a great coach.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2022, 12:49 PM
Come take a walk around SDSUFans and you'll think Stig is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself with how some of the users talk about him. They refuse to admit his shortcomings and do not think we could possibly get a better coach than him. I will grant Stig a pass by saying that it's not like he ever had much to work with pre 2012, as highlighted by the graph, our program was the worst funded in the MVFC until around 2010-2012, which is when the upgrades started. Heck, USD and UND had better funding when they made the move to D1, and I'm pretty sure Augustana, Sioux Falls, and Northern State have better funding than we did in our early D1 years. But that also highlights his shortcomings, he was not able to elevate the program through his coaching skills alone. His tenure before 2012 was no different from Mike Daly's tenure from 1991-1996. Stig never got us to the D2 playoffs despite having had 7 seasons to do so, the 2003 season was a massive blunder given the talent we had. He did get us to the FCS playoffs in 2009, but it ended with one of the biggest choke jobs in history against Montana.

Stig is a good coach propped up by gaining the best resources in the FCS, but he will never be a great coach.

Being on the outside looking in, I'd probably agree with this to some degree. But playing devil's advocate, Stig would be a saint for everyone if NDSU was not around. The Jacks would probably have 2-3 titles if it wasn't for the Bison and every Jacks fan would have him enshrined at Mt Rushmore.

Stig is a good coach. Great? Depends on the metric. I'm sure he will throw the kitchen sink at the Bison next saturday...:D

MR. CHICKEN
October 4th, 2022, 12:53 PM
Being on the outside looking in, I'd probably agree with this to some degree. But playing devil's advocate, Stig would be a saint for everyone if NDSU was not around. The Jacks would probably have 2-3 titles if it wasn't for the Bison and every Jacks fan would have him enshrined at Mt Rushmore.

Stig is a good coach. Great? Depends on the metric. I'm sure he will throw the kitchen sink at the Bison next saturday...:D

...xsmhx...NAW.......JMU WOODAH HAD ''UM...xnodx....BRAWK!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2022, 12:59 PM
...xsmhx...NAW.......JMU WOODAH HAD ''UM...xnodx....BRAWK!

Do some math. NDSU has won 9. SDSU has had some great teams that have been beaten by the Bison. They certainly would have won 2-3 if NDSU wasn't around. JMU? Ya, probably won some titles also.

Chalupa Batman
October 4th, 2022, 05:55 PM
Take the pulse nationally on Stig and Farley - who are basically the exact same coach - and you'll see that the perception nationally is Stig is a top 5-7 coach in the nation and Farley would be lucky to crack anyone's top 20-25.

Farley didn't forget how to coach after 2011. There have been issues, but he didn't forget how to coach. Look at what he did 01-2011. He didn't forget how to do that. He didn't forget how to get a team to a national title game, how to beat FBS teams, and the coach that was the runner-up for the Eddie Robinson award didn't just disappear.

What happened was we had an AD prior to 2008/2009 that was positioning UNI to move to the MAC/MWC by 2012 or 2013 - see how the football budget exploded up before anyone else saw that same kind of trend. The dome had some decent upgrades as far as locker room and weight room taking place around that time. Then we had an AD change, and that momentum was paused. That AD tried to restart it - we moved wrestling from the WWC to the MAC as part of building the relationship with the MAC to move all programs. That never went anywhere, and that AD saw the Iowa BoR putting their foot down, so he took off for an FBS job (and has done well there). Then our current AD was put in place, and it's been an utter disaster.

The whole FBS move falling apart, change of ADs, etc. all happened to coincide with SDSU pouring everything they have, and then some, into their athletic programs (mostly football). It's not a coincidence that Stig's perception (especially outside of the Dakota states) skyrocketed once he was given more money than anyone else and better facilities than anyone else. Farley went from having the best facilities (****ing lul, even by 2009 standards) and the most money to less money than anyone outside of a school that probably shouldn't even be open anymore, and the worst facilities to the point he programs went 3 seasons without practicing on campus before our first real practice field in the history of the program was opened up last October

As far as recruiting being an issue - maybe but mostly doubtful. There isn't a ton of competition between the Dakota's and UNI. There's some each year but not a ton of overlap. In the Twin Cities, there's some overlap but it's not like UNI ever really recruited NW Iowa super heavy. I can think of maybe 4 players from NW Iowa that went to Central Lyon: Riley Van Whye, Jordan Gacke, and Justin Overman in the 90s/early 00s, and then Josh Mahoney in the 00s from O'Gorman. Granted all 4 of those ended up being All-Conference-type players (Mahoney was a multi-time All-American and Campbell Award finalist) for UNI but we didn't lose a massive pipeline. I guess there was an OL from Hartly-Melvin-Sanborn a few years ago but I don't think he ever saw the field. So, it's not like UNI is starved of talent. UNI's "major" pipelines have always been Kansas City, the Twin Cities, and then occasionally St. Louis. We still do quite well in those areas, specifically Kansas City.

I'm not saying Farley hasn't had issues with running the program - specifically what he's doing on offense - for the last decade, but it's not like he became a bad coach at 49 years old after spending 28 years as a high-level assistant college coach and head coach a decade ago. It's also not like Stig suddenly became a "top 5 coach" a decade ago at 55 years old after 35 years of being exactly who he was. However, if you take the pulse, nationally, that is exactly what you would be led to believe.

Kleiman, Mike Houston, KC Keeler are the type of guys that I generally hear get thrown around as the genius, elite coaches in FCS. I’m sure some guys have thrown Stigs name around as one of the elite coaches but the impression that I’ve always gotten is that he’s a good, but not great coach. Everyone does say what a great person he is, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they think he’s an equally great coach.

Chalupa Batman
October 4th, 2022, 06:00 PM
Do some math. NDSU has won 9. SDSU has had some great teams that have been beaten by the Bison. They certainly would have won 2-3 if NDSU wasn't around. JMU? Ya, probably won some titles also.

Here’s who I think would’ve won each year had NDSU not been around:

2011 - Sam Houston
2012 - Georgia Southern
2013 - Towson probably, maybe someone else since the bracket would be different?
2014 - Illinois State
2015 - Jacksonville State
2016 - James Madison
2017 - James Madison
2018 - Eastern Washington or SDSU
2019 - James Madison
Spring Season - Sam Houston. Though SDSU probably would’ve won had Gronowski not got hurt
2021 - James Madison

Redbird 4th & short
October 5th, 2022, 08:56 AM

Agreed from outside looking in. But I would imagine there are at least 100 FCS programs who's fans would take Stig's results in a second. Tough being second fiddle to Bison, but my goodness .. football life could be way worse.

clenz
October 5th, 2022, 09:42 AM

2011 - Sam Houston
2012 - Georgia Southern
2013 - Towson probably, maybe someone else since the bracket would be different?
2014 - Illinois State
2016 - James Madison
2017 - James Madison
2019 - James Madison
Spring Season - Sam Houston. Though SDSU probably would’ve won had Gronowski not got hurt
2021 - James MadisonOnly one I disagree with is UNI in 2015.

NDSU beat UNI twice in Fargo, but NDSU doesn't exist that year. The two games NDSU beat UNI were 31-28 and 23-13. The other wins for NDSU that year? A combined 414-129, or 38-11 per game. In the playoffs, it was 107-23 total or 37-7 per game.

Doesn't change the debate over SDSU's titles but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Preferred Walk-On
October 5th, 2022, 12:04 PM

2011 - Sam Houston
2012 - Georgia Southern
2014 - Illinois State
2016 - James Madison
2017 - James Madison
2019 - James Madison
2021 - James Madison

I know I am going to regret this (or not), but at least 4 of those 7 teams had the decency to move up to FBS...

Chalupa Batman
October 5th, 2022, 12:17 PM
Only one I disagree with is UNI in 2015.

NDSU beat UNI twice in Fargo, but NDSU doesn't exist that year. The two games NDSU beat UNI were 31-28 and 23-13. The other wins for NDSU that year? A combined 414-129, or 38-11 per game. In the playoffs, it was 107-23 total or 37-7 per game.

Doesn't change the debate over SDSU's titles but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Yeah good call. I didn't go that in depth each season, just a quick look at the playoffs and how it might've broken down different has NDSU not been in. UNI would've definitely been in the mix.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2022, 06:26 AM
Saturday in Terre Haute: Hi of 60 and low of 32. Cool morning. Good day for some football. I was there the last time the Bison played the Sycs and will be there this saturday. Would like to see the Bison put together a 4 quarter game.

Winterborn
October 6th, 2022, 07:28 AM
I know I am going to regret this (or not), but at least 4 of those 7 teams had the decency to move up to FBS...

I am working on a large scale transporter as we speak to move NDSU to a better geographical area (more residents) and the funds from licensing the transporter will pay for the increase in the Athletic budget needed. ;)

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2022, 07:42 AM
Saturday in Terre Haute: Hi of 60 and low of 32. Cool morning. Good day for some football. I was there the last time the Bison played the Sycs and will be there this saturday. Would like to see the Bison put together a 4 quarter game.
For a second there I read that as Terre Haute, Hawaii (HI) and I was having serious regrets about not doing to the game. :D

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2022, 08:21 AM
For a second there I read that as Terre Haute, Hawaii (HI) and I was having serious regrets about not doing to the game. :D

I read it thinking that you are going to have to stop before the state line if you want to get HI(gh) because its not legal in Indiana.

have a safe trip guys, ill be there somewhere around row 28 around the 50yd line (im not superstitious)

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2022, 03:46 PM
Over/under for SDSU rush yards next week in the marker game: 250

This Bison run defense is average at absolute best.

POD Knows
October 8th, 2022, 03:49 PM
Over/under for SDSU rush yards next week in the marker game: 250

This Bison run defense is average at absolute best.
I will say under. The Bison will have numerous turnovers in their end of the field and the short fields will reduce the Jack rushing yards.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2022, 03:54 PM
If someone can convince me that this coaching staff should have a job next year, that would be great. Roehl needs to be canned for continually trying to fix something that is not broken. Entz has lost a step and this program is headed the wrong direction.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2022, 04:01 PM
If someone can convince me that this coaching staff should have a job next year, that would be great. Roehl needs to be canned for continually trying to fix something that is not broken. Entz has lost a step and this program is headed the wrong direction.

Offense is fine... defensive secondary is fine... the defensive front 7 is not up to standard. That said this is bound to happen at certain position groups at times but for it to happen to the DL and LB at the same time is unfortunate. The coaching staff has earned plenty of leash here but they've got work to do for that run defense that's for sure.

POD Knows
October 8th, 2022, 04:19 PM
Offense is fine... defensive secondary is fine... the defensive front 7 is not up to standard. That said this is bound to happen at certain position groups at times but for it to happen to the DL and LB at the same time is unfortunate. The coaching staff has earned plenty of leash here but they've got work to do for that run defense that's for sure.
Our secondary played like dog**** today against a horrendous offensive team. It they could catch an interception they would be dangerous. Had multiple 50/50 balls go against NDSU. Most of the incomplete passes today by ISUb we simply hideous throws and had little to do with our D but I would state that the secondary is the strength of the D which is kind of sad on its face. Our O played great outside of the multiple fumbles.

POD Knows
October 8th, 2022, 04:43 PM
I would not be the least surprised that NDSU loses conference games to UND, SIU, SDSU and ISUR and misses the playoffs. I got a bad feeling that NDSU is going to need a win at home against UND to make the playoffs and don’t get it done. This current Bison team just does not feel right. Kind of bad JuJu all over the place.

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2022, 05:02 PM
I would not be the least surprised that NDSU loses conference games to UND, SIU, SDSU and ISUR and misses the playoffs. I got a bad feeling that NDSU is going to need a win at home against UND to make the playoffs and don’t get it done. This current Bison team just does not feel right. Kind of bad JuJu all over the place.

Gotta say I disagree with you. I think our game plan today was pretty bare on purpose. Needed to coast a win without showing much. I against the Bunnies next week we will open it up quite a bit. I think in the FargoDome we should win by 20. Would be shocked if the Bunnies score more than 10 points to be honest.

#OnBison

POD Knows
October 8th, 2022, 05:07 PM
ISUR looks pretty good against UNI.

JSUSoutherner
October 8th, 2022, 05:11 PM
Everyone looks pretty good against UNI.

FYP

Gil Dobie
October 8th, 2022, 05:11 PM
UNI purple pants look light-years better than the black pants.

POD Knows
October 8th, 2022, 05:16 PM
FYP
Yea. Why did I pick those ****s. They have been phoning it in all year.

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Big pet peeve moment

UNI’s RB scores on a short TD. Was reviewed and showed it to be a TD. The announcer took about 40 seconds to explain that somehow because the RB was a transfer P5 RB that somehow makes him more equipped to make that play.

Gross.

JSUSoutherner
October 8th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Big pet peeve moment

UNI’s RB scores on a short TD. Was reviewed and showed it to be a TD. The announcer took about 40 seconds to explain that somehow because the RB was a transfer P5 RB that somehow makes him more equipped to make that play.

Gross.
No way

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2022, 05:21 PM
No way

I know right? Shocking.

ST_Lawson
October 8th, 2022, 10:43 PM
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by POD Knows https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=3080436#post3080436)
Everyone looks pretty good against UNI.

FYP

We made UNI look pretty good. We make everybody look pretty good.

F'N Hawks
October 8th, 2022, 10:51 PM
Not too impressed by the brand new high-flying UNI offense. I was told Farley was the issue and he was holding back the offense all these years.

Houndawg
October 9th, 2022, 07:16 AM

xlolx

Yeah this is the end of the dynasty

POD Knows
October 9th, 2022, 09:09 AM
xlolx

Yeah this is the end of the dynastyNot the end of the dynasty but this team is not at the level of most of the previous teams. They "can" still win some games but the Bison fans are going to need to level set their expectations and what those wins, or losses, might look like.

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2022, 09:20 AM
Not the end of the dynasty but this team is not at the level of most of the previous teams. They "can" still win some games but the Bison fans are going to need to level set their expectations and what those wins, or losses, might look like.
I can agree with this... someone put it well on Bisonville when they said this NDSU team is still elite for the FCS level and could beat anyone on any given day but they're not dominant and could easily lose to a load of teams. The running game is as potent as ever and the QB Cam Miller might've played the best game of his career yesterday but the defense (or lack thereof) is going to keep games competitive that wouldn't have been in previous years unless the offense plays pretty much flawless (which it almost did yesterday outside of the fumbles and a few drops).

POD Knows
October 9th, 2022, 09:27 AM
I can agree with this... someone put it well on Bisonville when they said this NDSU team is still elite for the FCS level and could beat anyone on any given day but they're not dominant and could easily lose to a load of teams. The running game is as potent as ever and the QB Cam Miller might've played the best game of his career yesterday but the defense (or lack thereof) is going to keep games competitive that wouldn't have been in previous years unless the offense plays pretty much flawless (which it almost did yesterday outside of the fumbles and a few drops).Yep, cannot depend on this defense to keep us in games, gonna need to outscore people that is definitely a new paradigm for NDSU. I thought Miiler looked great yesterday after a slow start and without the turnovers in ISUb territory, this could have ended up being a blow out but, alas, it was not to be.

I watched the Alabama game and how they struggled to put away an overmatched A&M and the game reminded me of our game yesterday. Alabama with turnovers all over the place, they kept giving life to A&M the entire game, couldn't put them away.

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2022, 10:35 AM
Yep, cannot depend on this defense to keep us in games, gonna need to outscore people that is definitely a new paradigm for NDSU. I thought Miiler looked great yesterday after a slow start and without the turnovers in ISUb territory, this could have ended up being a blow out but, alas, it was not to be.

I watched the Alabama game and how they struggled to put away an overmatched A&M and the game reminded me of our game yesterday. Alabama with turnovers all over the place, they kept giving life to A&M the entire game, couldn't put them away.

I don’t think Ive seen a game with more luck going one teams way. 2 very timely fumbles, one almost guaranteed 7 point fumble and one of the weirdest muffs on a punt that even added another 10yds or so to already good field position. I do think we would have had a better chance with better coaching decisions on our part like not going for 2 to start the game and our play calling inside the +10 yd line. I met a few ndsu fans. Nice people.

POD Knows
October 9th, 2022, 11:57 AM
I don’t think Ive seen a game with more luck going one teams way. 2 very timely fumbles, one almost guaranteed 7 point fumble and one of the weirdest muffs on a punt that even added another 10yds or so to already good field position. I do think we would have had a better chance with better coaching decisions on our part like not going for 2 to start the game and our play calling inside the +10 yd line. I met a few ndsu fans. Nice people.
The middle of your D played great against the run and I thought your offense looked pretty good. Some weird play calls and some poor clock management and it turned out to be a pretty interesting game

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2022, 12:54 PM
I told my wife walking into the stadium “I’m not married to the 2nd half so we can leave at halftime if you want”. She was understanding and we stayed for the whole game

Chalupa Batman
October 15th, 2022, 06:06 AM
Youngstown gonna be rockin some unique helmets today.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221015/2afeaa506d43bbe662facb218cae1444.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2022, 08:21 AM
Those look pretty darn cool!!

ysubigred
October 15th, 2022, 08:26 AM
I agree. Hopefully they play as good as those helmets look [emoji106]

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2022, 08:31 AM
I agree. Hopefully they play as good as those helmets look [emoji106]

Those helmets have a little something to them but I like just the penguin ..not sure about all that other crap

Chalupa Batman
October 16th, 2022, 06:41 AM
Those look pretty darn cool!!

There's so much to these that watching on TV it's hard to tell what's on the helmets. These look a lot better on a desk than they do on the field.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2022, 07:45 AM
Great game to be at.

NDSU had the Jacks on the ropes but this team continues to be their own worst enemy. Miller's stupid unsportsmanlike conduct call was totally unacceptable and Mauch had another unsportsmanlike conduct call again this week. Game should have been 28-7 at halftime but give credit to the Jacks for chipping away at the lead and winning the game.

NDSU played not to lose in the 2nd half. Roehl must have been blind because the box was packed the whole 2nd half to stop the run. RB by committee again. Frustrating 2nd half.

Still waiting for a complete game to be played by this team. That game would have been a blowout win if they played a clean end of the half and 2nd half. If the Bison play more halves like the 2nd half, they will end up 7-4 and on the bubble for the playoffs.

Paladin1aa
October 16th, 2022, 08:34 AM
NDSU chokes ?

Say it ain’t so !

dewey
October 16th, 2022, 08:49 AM
Great game to be at.

NDSU had the Jacks on the ropes but this team continues to be their own worst enemy. Miller's stupid unsportsmanlike conduct call was totally unacceptable and Mauch had another unsportsmanlike conduct call again this week. Game should have been 28-7 at halftime but give credit to the Jacks for chipping away at the lead and winning the game.

NDSU played not to lose in the 2nd half. Roehl must have been blind because the box was packed the whole 2nd half to stop the run. RB by committee again. Frustrating 2nd half.

Still waiting for a complete game to be played by this team. That game would have been a blowout win if they played a clean end of the half and 2nd half. If the Bison play more halves like the 2nd half, they will end up 7-4 and on the bubble for the playoffs.

I completely agree. That unsportsmanlike penalty was HUGE. NDSU had the chance to go up 28-7 and the game may have been over early.

I am still high on this team, semifinal team. SDSU will be #1 tomorrow and NDSU has them dead to rights if Miller had not screwed up. NDSU will be just fine and I think relieves a top 4 seed for the playoffs.

The part that worries me is the defense and the offensive coordinator. Especially the run defense. The tackling of this team is a problem. Many Bison fans have had concerns about the play calling especially in crucial moments.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2022, 08:59 AM
I completely agree. That unsportsmanlike penalty was HUGE. NDSU had the chance to go up 28-7 and the game may have been over early.

I am still high on this team, semifinal team. SDSU will be #1 tomorrow and NDSU has them dead to rights if Miller had not screwed up. NDSU will be just fine and I think relieves a top 4 seed for the playoffs.

The part that worries me is the defense and the offensive coordinator. Especially the run defense. The tackling of this team is a problem. Many Bison fans have had concerns about the play calling especially in crucial moments.

Dewey

This team is not a championship team right now. Will they get there? Personally, I don't think so.

IMO, next year will be infinitely better. These RFR playing on the DL will be older and more experienced. Duttenheffer/Huisman and even Friday (Soph) will be 10-15 lbs heavier and better able to hold their ground against good OL.

These stupid penalties are lack of discipline. Mauch is a senior captain and has committed 2 of these penalties in consecutive games. Saw it first hand down in Terre Haute....whistle was blown and kept blocking the guy way after the whistle. Unacceptable. A few here and there is expected but this is what this team is.

That game could have easily been a blowout win. This team cannot get out of their own way.

clenz
October 17th, 2022, 11:40 AM
Not too impressed by the brand new high-flying UNI offense. I was told Farley was the issue and he was holding back the offense all these years.
The offense, shockinly, isn't the issue this year.

For years the defense gave UNI a chance to win games even though they were on the field for 35-40 minutes because the offense couldn't stay on the field. This year the UNI defense is still on the field 35 minutes per game, but it's because they can't get off the field. It's so damn strange to see.

In the Valley this season UNI has the game with the most yards per play (9.8 vs UND), the longest pass of the season (72 yards... in fact, Theo Day has the 2 longest completions of the year in conference), the most yards per catch in a game (21.3), and the most first downs via passing in a game (17), 2 of the top 6 single-game passing yards of the season (no other team has more than 1), Theo is the only QB with multiple 300-yard games, 2 WRs from UNI have multiple 100-yard games (no other team has more than 1 player with that).

-29 points per game
-1st in total yards per game and the only one over 400 YPG at 422.9 - NDSU 2nd at 397.7 YSU 3rd at 395.5 SIU 4th at 382.4
-1st in the league in passing yards per game at 267 - MSU second at 261, SIU 3rd at 250, UND 4th at 238
-1st in the league in passing efficiency at 159.4 - NSDU 2nd at 156.3, SIU 3rd 121.8, MSU 4th at 148.7
-1st in the league in yards per play at 6.8
-2nd in the league in first downs with 159 - with the third least coming from penalties at just 7 compared to 26 of SIUs 166 coming off of penalties
-2nd in 3rd down efficiency at 50.0% - NDSU first at 50.6%
-3rd in TDs scored with 25 - NDSU 1st with 32, SIU 2nd with 27, SDSU 4th with 23
-3rd in rushing yards per carry at 4.6
-4th in rushing yards
4th in red zone efficiency (this is the only issue with the offense). Only 15 TD on 25 redzone trips. 6 FGs. Those redzone trips failing to get in the endzone has been the biggest issue with UNI's offense this year. Given the rest of the productivity, 29 ppg is low.

I guess if that offense isn't "impressive" then there isn't one

The issue is the defense is middle to bottom of the middle in damn near every category of the league right now, and it largely stems from the fact no one on the defense actually wants to tackle. They'll gladly throw their shoulder into someone, but the number of times anyone has actually wrapped up can be counted on Jason Pierre Paul's hands it feels like. Giving up 48% on 3rd downs is a massive issue. That's also a massive issue that cost us the ISUr game, gave us issues against ISUb, and cost us the Sac State game - more so the first two but Sac had the same issue. The two ISUs clearly came out with a game plan of "We aren't going to stop UNI's offense with any regularity so we need to keep them off the field" and they did it with insane efficiency. ISUr was 13-20 on third down and 2-2 on 4th down. Many of those third downs were 6 or longer as well. Indiana State went 7-16 on 3rd and 3-4 on 4th. Both of those teams held the ball for over 35 minutes. Their entire game plan was built around using the full play clock and keeping UNI's offense off the field

F'N Hawks
October 17th, 2022, 12:06 PM
The offense, shockinly, isn't the issue this year.

For years the defense gave UNI a chance to win games even though they were on the field for 35-40 minutes because the offense couldn't stay on the field. This year the UNI defense is still on the field 35 minutes per game, but it's because they can't get off the field. It's so damn strange to see.

In the Valley this season UNI has the game with the most yards per play (9.8 vs UND), the longest pass of the season (72 yards... in fact Theo Day has the 2 longest completions of the year in conference), the most yards per catch in a game (21.3), and the most first downs via passing in a game (17), 2 of the top 6 single-game passing yards of the season (no other team has 2), The is the only QB with multipl 300 yard games, 2 WRs from UNI have multiple 100 yard games (no other team has more than 1 player with that).

-29 points per game
-1st in total yards per game and the only one over 400 YPG at 422.9 - NDSU 2nd at 397.7 YSU 3rd at 395.5 SIU 4th at 382.4
-1st in the league in passing yards per game at 267 - MSU second at 261, SIU 3rd at 250, UND 4th at 238
-1st in the league in passing efficiency at 159.4 - NSDU 2nd at 156.3, SIU 3rd 121.8, MSU 4th at 148.7
-1st in the league in yards per play at 6.8
-2nd in the league in first downs with 159 - with the third least coming from penalties at just 7 compared to 26 of SIUs 166 coming off of penalties
-2nd in 3rd down efficiency at 50.0% - NDSU first at 50.6%
-3rd in TDs scored with 25 - NDSU 1st with 32, SIU 2nd with 27, SDSU 4th with 23
-3rd in rushing yards per carry at 4.6
-4th in rushing yards
4th in red zone efficiency (this is the only issue with the offense). Only 15 TD on 25 redzone trips. 6 FGs. Those RZ trips failing to get in the endzone has been the biggest issue with UNI this year

I guess if that offense isn't "impressive" then there isn't one

Nobody beats up on doormats to skew numbers like UNI. Utah Tech and WIU never stood a chance!

clenz
October 17th, 2022, 12:12 PM
Nobody beats up on doormats to skew numbers like UNI. Utah Tech and WIU never stood a chance!
Does that include the UND defense? 450 yards of defense against UND. As I pointed out, the lack of redzone production was an issue that game along with what I said about given up 3rd and 4th down conversions where the defense gave up 10 of 14 of those which is a common issue

UNI playing cupcakes isn't the road you want to go down. UNI is the only Valley team to not schedule an OOC of nothing but cupcakes almost every damn year. UNI finally scheduled one and treated them like every other Valley team does

I'm assuming SDSU put up 50+ points and 470 yards on WIU as well? You want to **** on UNI's offense. I point out UNI's offense isn't the issue, though there is an issue finishing with touchdowns in the redzone which needs to be fixed, and you move the goalposts.

Strange.

UNI put up over 400 yards of offense against Sac State - a top 3 ranked team. Again, failing to score in the RedZone is an issue (as I've pointed out repeatedly and never denied). Is that considered beating up on a cupcake defense? Over 400 yard on Air Force - where the defense decided it didn't want to play. Is that beating up on a cupcake defense?

Gil Dobie
October 17th, 2022, 12:49 PM
NDSU chokes ?

Say it ain’t so !

No choke, they got beat by a better team. Without the home crowd, it would have been worse.

Paladin1aa
October 17th, 2022, 06:31 PM
No choke, they got beat by a better team. Without the home crowd, it would have been worse.

I don’t doubt that. I thought that this years NDSU team was not up to standards. I’m also Leary that a MVFC will not win the Natty either. Down year overall for the Valley.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2022, 05:30 AM

BS.

NDSU had them to go up 28-7 but an unacceptable unsportsmanlike conduct call killed the drive. These teams are even and NDSU proved that.

SDSU played a very good 2nd half but NDSU could not get out of their own way.

Gil Dobie
October 18th, 2022, 07:02 AM
BS.

NDSU had them to go up 28-7 but an unacceptable unsportsmanlike conduct call killed the drive. These teams are even and NDSU proved that.

Would the defense have stopped the Jacks without the penalties. It would not have been 21-7 without those 5 penalties. Be honest, without your dislike for me.

The Bison offense also played well in the first half.

dewey
October 18th, 2022, 10:04 AM
BS.

I agree. These 2 teams are very similar. Did the NDSU defense benefit from the crowd noise? Absolutely! However, the NDSU offense was humming right along and having its way with SDSU without a lot of benefit of the home crowd.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 18th, 2022, 10:19 AM
Would the defense have stopped the Jacks without the penalties. It would not have been 21-7 without those 5 penalties. Be honest, without your dislike for me.

The Bison offense also played well in the first half.
A 5 yard penalty is a hell of a lot easier to recover from than the two BS 15 yard penalties the Bison got but I agree that the motion penalties against the Jacks were a key to help our D play well in the first half.

Gil Dobie
October 18th, 2022, 12:48 PM
A 5 yard penalty is a hell of a lot easier to recover from than the two BS 15 yard penalties the Bison got but I agree that the motion penalties against the Jacks were a key to help our D play well in the first half.

Agree for the most part. One drive was halted with 2 penalties and another combined a penalty with a Bison sack. The Bison offense did have a great first half too.

Here's 2 of SDSU's 5 drives in the first half. Of the other 3, 1 was a TD, another was slowed from a Bison Sack, and the 5th was running out the clock at the half. The Bison defense stopped the Jacks once out of 5 tries, without a false start penalty.

1. 2 false starts and Jacks have a 1st and 20. Jacks gained back 13 yards after 1st and 20.

Sdsu
1-10
at Sdsu25
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE drive start at 03:02.

Sdsu
1-10
at Sdsu25
PENALTY SDSU false start (John O'Brian) 5 yards to the SDSU20.

Sdsu
1-15
at Sdsu20
1st and 15.

Sdsu
1-15
at Sdsu20
PENALTY SDSU false start (Isaiah Davis) 5 yards to the SDSU15.

Sdsu
1-20
at Sdsu15
1st and 20.

Sdsu
1-20
at Sdsu15
Isaiah Davis rush up middle for 5 yards to the SDSU20 (Luke Weerts).

Sdsu
2-15
at Sdsu20
Mark Gronowski rush up middle for 1 yard to the SDSU21 (Will Mostaert).

Sdsu
3-14
at Sdsu21
Mark Gronowski RE pass complete to Jadon Janke for 7 yards to the SDSU28 (Destin Talbert;Jaxon Duttenhefer).

Sdsu
4-7
at Sdsu28
Hunter Dustman punt 43 yards to the NDSU29, Jayden Price return 12 yards to the NDSU41, out-of-bounds (Kevin Brenner).

2. Good defensive play and penalty had them at 3-22, then a NDSU penalty and it's 3-17, still 3rd and long

Sdsu
1-10
at Sdsu25
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE drive start at 11:08.

Sdsu
1-10
at Sdsu25
Mark Gronowski RE pass complete to Jaxon Janke for 7 yards to the SDSU32 (Julian Wlodarczyk).

Sdsu
2-3
at Sdsu32
Isaiah Davis rush up middle for 2 yards to the SDSU34 (Kody Huisman).

Sdsu
3-1
at Sdsu34
Isaiah Davis rush up middle for 3 yards to the SDSU37, 1ST DOWN SDSU (Kody Huisman).

Sdsu
1-10
at Sdsu37
Mark Gronowski sacked for loss of 7 yards to the SDSU30 (Luke Weerts).

Sdsu
2-17
at Sdsu30
Mark Gronowski middle pass incomplete to Isaiah Davis.

Sdsu
3-17
at Sdsu30
PENALTY SDSU false start (Evan Beerntsen) 5 yards to the SDSU25.

Sdsu
3-22
at Sdsu25
3rd and 22.

Sdsu
3-22
at Sdsu25
PENALTY NDSU offside defense (Spencer Waege) 5 yards to the SDSU30.

Sdsu
3-17
at Sdsu30
3rd and 17.

Sdsu
3-17
at Sdsu30
Isaiah Davis rush up middle for 7 yards to the SDSU37 (Michael Tutsie;Tony Pierce).

Sdsu
4-10
at Sdsu37
Hunter Dustman punt 47 yards to the NDSU16, Jayden Price return 2 yards to the NDSU18.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2022, 02:10 PM
USD should have had an INT

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2022, 02:29 PM
USD with a fumble recovery. 1st and goal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2022, 02:31 PM
Theis is a hard runner. TD

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2022, 02:33 PM
SIU's offense is not too impressive but they execute their constant shotgun formations. I see why Baker has a high passing %, a ton of balls into the middle after the TE drags out a LB and high % passes to the flats.

Defense looks better than previous years pathetic defenses.

JacksFan40
October 22nd, 2022, 05:12 PM
Jacks take the lead over UND 28-21 in the 3rd quarter.

Also USD leads SIU 27-24 late in the 4th. So much for SIU being legitimate.

JacksFan40
October 22nd, 2022, 05:18 PM
UND killing themselves with turnovers. 35-21 SDSU lead.

mvfcfan
October 22nd, 2022, 05:36 PM
Anyone else remember when Bobby Petrino was going to lead SW Missouri State to a deep run in the playoffs and they were going to bolt for the Sun Belt?

ysubigred
October 22nd, 2022, 06:16 PM
YSU SUCKS BALLS!!!

mvfcfan
October 22nd, 2022, 06:38 PM
Good thing YSU was playing WIU. Losers sure do find ways to lose.

clenz
October 22nd, 2022, 06:41 PM
Can’t wait to see 2-6 Missouri State still get votes after being butt ****ed by UNI today.

kab
October 22nd, 2022, 07:11 PM
SDSU player should have had a game dq and and out next week for targeting
sdsu has some dirty players
their stud tight end throwing the ball at Und player out of bounds

ysubigred
October 22nd, 2022, 09:41 PM
Good thing YSU was playing WIU. Losers sure do find ways to lose.Both teams should get a L..

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2022, 10:41 AM
Both teams should get a L..

Reality is the MVFC is down overall. We have a couple of good teams but the bottom half of the league is weak. YSU -WIU was one of the uglier games I’ve seen. Both coaching staffs should be fired. WIU gave away a winnable game (easily) and YSU have coaches who need to take Coaching Football 101 again. BTW, I’ll be surprised if the MVFC wins the Natty this year.

ST_Lawson
October 23rd, 2022, 11:28 AM
YSU -WIU was one of the uglier games I’ve seen. Both coaching staffs should be fired. WIU gave away a winnable game (easily) and YSU have coaches who need to take Coaching Football 101 again.

Maybe you missed my comment in the YSU vs WIU thread:

We're in phase 1 of a complete rebuild. Everything has been torn down to the studs and it looks pretty ugly at this point.
Still up in the air on what the end result will look like, and if our lead architect is up for the challenge or in over his head.

I don't think the question is "who will win", the question is "will WIU be within 2 scores of YSU at the end of the game".

Completely new coaching staff + 80 new players. I don't really expect much out of this year's or next year's Leatherneck squads. A couple of wins would be nice, but I'm not ready to really evaluate our coaching staff until year 3. Yes, they let a winnable game slip away, but they were pretty much starting from scratch and there have been some signs of improvement in some areas throughout the year. We probably have 2 more chances at a possible win this season...next weekend at Missouri State (Massey gives us about a 22% chance) and 11/12 against Indiana State (48% chance...better odds than we had against YSU).

SDFS
October 23rd, 2022, 12:10 PM

I agree, that was a very BAD hit. The DB was at the numbers and lined up that hit on WR near the hash marks. So, the DB had more than enough time to identify the hitting zone on the WR. The WR is 6-2 and he did not lower his head. You had helmet to helmet contact, and it was clearly targeting. Then when you look at his initial response to the hit ... standing over the WR and getting into his face talking it up while the WR is on the ground and clearly out of it. That is not a good look. Then the sideline shots of the players and teammates congratulating him and seeming to enjoy the hit - while medical staff are working on the player. It was a BAD look for the entire program. Stuff happens in the game of football but, that can't happen again. It will be interesting to see how the true Freshman career progresses. Is he going to have a history of concussions going forward.

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2022, 12:13 PM
I agree, that was a very BAD hit. The DB was at the numbers and lined up that hit on WR near the hash marks. So, the DB had more than enough time to identify the hitting zone on the WR. The WR is 6-2 and he did not lower his head. You had helmet to helmet contact, and it was clearly targeting. Then when you look at his initial response to the hit ... standing over the WR and getting into his face talking it up while the WR is on the ground and clearly out of it. That is not a good look. Then the sideline shots of the players and teammates congratulating him and seeming to enjoy the hit - while medical staff are working on the player. It was a BAD look for the entire program. Stuff happens in the game of football but, that can't happen again. It will be interesting to see how the true Freshman career progresses. Is he going to have a history of concussions going forward.
This was a terrible hit and the fact that the player that committed the penalty was smiling and laughing his ass off and the other players for SDSU were basically congratulating the guy was pretty bad. And this all happened when the guy was on the field.

F'N Hawks
October 23rd, 2022, 12:33 PM
This was a terrible hit and the fact that the player that committed the penalty was smiling and laughing his ass off and the other players for SDSU were basically congratulating the guy was pretty bad. And this all happened when the guy was on the field.

I was surprised to see how the SDSU sideline acted after that play. Ugly play in a weird game.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2022, 12:38 PM
Maybe you missed my comment in the YSU vs WIU thread:

Completely new coaching staff + 80 new players. I don't really expect much out of this year's or next year's Leatherneck squads. A couple of wins would be nice, but I'm not ready to really evaluate our coaching staff until year 3. Yes, they let a winnable game slip away, but they were pretty much starting from scratch and there have been some signs of improvement in some areas throughout the year. We probably have 2 more chances at a possible win this season...next weekend at Missouri State (Massey gives us about a 22% chance) and 11/12 against Indiana State (48% chance...better odds than we had against YSU).

Good luck. Indy St game is a tossup. MoSt is a mystery.

SDFS
October 23rd, 2022, 12:48 PM

Agree, not a good look for the SDSU program.

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2022, 01:12 PM
Agree, not a good look for the SDSU program.
Honestly, I was surprised that the announcers didn’t really say anything about it. They fixed the cameras on the guy for a long time. Stig should address it publicly.

SDFS
October 23rd, 2022, 02:06 PM
Honestly, I was surprised that the announcers didn’t really say anything about it. They fixed the cameras on the guy for a long time. Stig should address it publicly.

Stig or Patty, but since Patty can hardly stand UND in the MVFC. I don't see that happening.

SDFS
October 23rd, 2022, 02:09 PM

Sometimes the pictures are more powerful than words. I am no lip-reading expert, I think one of the Jacks players can be "seen" saying "Good Job" - that's a culture problem.

Chalupa Batman
October 23rd, 2022, 11:52 PM

The hit by their LB was bad and his actions afterwards were even worse. Others have already elaborated on it and I don't disagree with them. He's out for the first half next week but I'm with you he should be out for the whole game. Stig could send a loud and clear message and sit him for the game.

What Kraft did was childish and petty, but calling that dirty is charmin soft.

mango433
October 24th, 2022, 09:00 AM
The hit by their LB was bad and his actions afterwards were even worse. Others have already elaborated on it and I don't disagree with them. He's out for the first half next week but I'm with you he should be out for the whole game. Stig could send a loud and clear message and sit him for the game.

What Kraft did was childish and petty, but calling that dirty is charmin soft.

Kraft tweeted that the UND player spit in his mouth.

POD Knows
October 24th, 2022, 09:02 AM
Kraft tweeted that the UND player spit in his mouth.
Kraft seems pretty much like a class act from what I have seen. I was surprised by his response on that play. Maybe there is something to it

Yote 53
October 24th, 2022, 09:06 AM
You guys are just figuring out that SDSU is dirty and Stig with his holier than thou act is full of BS? Congrats on your eyes being opened.

jacksfan29!
October 24th, 2022, 09:55 AM
You guys are just figuring out that SDSU is dirty and Stig with his holier than thou act is full of BS? Congrats on your eyes being opened.

Meh, UND, USD both have the same problem. Two programs which will now always be second fiddle. There was a lot going on in the UND game. Kraft getting an elbow to the throat and kicked by a UND defender as he laid on the ground later having a UND defender spit in his mouth. Watching the game, the officials lost control. UND had two penalties the entire game, both coming in the last 10 minutes. Replay after replay after every positive move by SDSU did not help. Should they have kept their composure, yes, but pretending that UND (and according to you USD) are holier than thou his hilarious.

Gil Dobie
October 24th, 2022, 10:08 AM

Thought it was just Rozebom, it has continued in the NFL.

F'N Hawks
October 24th, 2022, 10:48 AM
UND is the least penalized team in the league. SDSU is the most penalized and had three personal fouls in that game alone.
I dont know what else to tell you guys..but yah UND is dirty.

Winterborn
October 25th, 2022, 11:16 AM
NDSU center Jalen Sundell is out the rest of the season (foot surgery).

JacksFan40
October 25th, 2022, 11:27 AM
UND is the least penalized team in the league. SDSU is the most penalized and had three personal fouls in that game alone.
I dont know what else to tell you guys..but yah UND is dirty.
I didn’t know having a ton of false start penalties implied we were dirty. Maybe tell your players not to spit in Tucker Kraft’s mouth and he won’t throw the ball at them.

F'N Hawks
October 25th, 2022, 11:45 AM
I didn’t know having a ton of false start penalties implied we were dirty. Maybe tell your players not to spit in Tucker Kraft’s mouth and he won’t throw the ball at them.

Interesting he came up with that as the reason for throwing the ball at #58. I rewatched it several times. No motion by him to clean off his face, facemask, anything really. He gets up and turns towards #58 but no explanation to anyone after (at least on camera) that he was spit on and that is why he did it. Could it have happened? Sure but seems like an odd reaction. Personally I don't think he liked that #58 pushed him down after the tackle and threw the ball at him but who knows.

Then factor in #29's fake apology about targeting the UND guy and blaming his laughing and high-fiving reaction on the crowd yelling at him. Really? These guys got all the excuses in the world for their personal fouls - never their fault!

jacksfan29!
October 25th, 2022, 02:50 PM
Interesting he came up with that as the reason for throwing the ball at #58. I rewatched it several times. No motion by him to clean off his face, facemask, anything really. He gets up and turns towards #58 but no explanation to anyone after (at least on camera) that he was spit on and that is why he did it. Could it have happened? Sure but seems like an odd reaction. Personally I don't think he liked that #58 pushed him down after the tackle and threw the ball at him but who knows.

Then factor in #29's fake apology about targeting the UND guy and blaming his laughing and high-fiving reaction on the crowd yelling at him. Really? These guys got all the excuses in the world for their personal fouls - never their fault!

You guys are still going on about this? Maybe the F'awkers should have stayed in the BSC, or go find a flag football league to join. It is over, move on with your life. Maybe you will win this weekend.

F'N Hawks
October 25th, 2022, 03:33 PM
You guys are still going on about this? Maybe the F'awkers should have stayed in the BSC, or go find a flag football league to join. It is over, move on with your life. Maybe you will win this weekend.

OK

wow
October 25th, 2022, 03:50 PM

Seems... unsportsmanlike of #58?

Is #58 a dirty player?

clenz
October 26th, 2022, 10:33 AM
You're all "dirty"

The only schools UNI plays where I've watched and went "That is well beyond normal levels of chippy" is the Dakota schools.

Cue the "UNI is dirty too". Don't care, didn't ask.

You are all on the same level of "dirty". Stop barking at the mirror.

Bisonator
October 26th, 2022, 12:56 PM
https://y.yarn.co/9e8e2b4d-b4ec-459b-aa41-d31c65f0e30f_text.gif

Gil Dobie
October 30th, 2022, 08:04 AM
Bison defense looked better this week. Could have been a little bit improvement, and a little bit the opponent.

mmiller_34
October 30th, 2022, 08:26 AM
Think the Bizon should be on a good path for a decent seed. Need to whoop the next three opponents to secure that #1/2 seed back.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 30th, 2022, 08:35 AM
Think the Bizon should be on a good path for a decent seed. Need to whoop the next three opponents to secure that #1/2 seed back.

Your SDSU team will be the #1 or #2 seed.

mmiller_34
October 30th, 2022, 09:24 AM
That SDSU team will be the #1 or #2 seed.

The bunnies will get beat by UNI, Sac State will be beat by Weber State or UC Davis or both, and Montana State will get beat by Montana.

Don’t see any other outcomes. Road to Frisco will remain through Fargo. #OnBizon #BookIt

MR. CHICKEN
October 30th, 2022, 09:48 AM
The bunnies will get beat by UNI, Sac State will be beat by Weber State or UC Davis or both, and Montana State will get beat by Montana.

Don’t see any other outcomes. Road to Frisco will remain through Fargo. #OnBizon #BookIt

......GOT ANY LOTTO NUMBERS....DAT COME TA MIND.........xprayx......BRAWK!

mmiller_34
October 30th, 2022, 09:58 AM
......GOT ANY LOTTO NUMBERS....DAT COME TA MIND.........xprayx......BRAWK!

Yes. Total points scored in these upsets. 35. 45. 56. 64.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221030/c483191aeb823f7d47bf270be50eb746.gif

dewey
October 30th, 2022, 10:04 AM
I am not sure who all saw it but the ending to the UNI vs SIU was pretty exciting. SIU goes for the hail mary and the pass is intercepted...but wait UNI jumped offsides. SIU gets another chance and the receiver catches the ball but his knee touches down at the 1 yard line. Looked like a good game.

I ended up watching quite a few games yesterday from the deer hunting/bowhunting stand.

Dewey

mmiller_34
October 30th, 2022, 10:06 AM
I am not sure who all saw it but the ending to thebUNI vs SIU was pretty exciting. SIU goes for the Hail Mary and the pass is intercepted...but wait UNI jumped offsides. SIU gets another chance and the receiver catches the ball but his knee touches down at the 1 yard line. Looked like a good game.

Dewey

I watched the whole 4th quarter. Was a really exciting. Not sure if the offenses were just clicking or if there was a lack of defense, or both. I thought SIU was going to take control then they couldn’t stop UNI when it mattered most.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 30th, 2022, 12:52 PM

Even with a loss, Sac State will be a #1 or #2 with a FBS win. SDSU will end up 10-1 so they will be a #1 or #2. NDSU will be a #3 or #4 if they win out.

Go cheer your Jacks on in CF.

clenz
October 30th, 2022, 06:19 PM
I watched the whole 4th quarter. Was a really exciting. Not sure if the offenses were just clicking or if there was a lack of defense, or both. I thought SIU was going to take control then they couldn’t stop UNI when it mattered most.

That was a fairly normal/average day for UNIs offense.

Take a look at the stats, especially outside of the Air Force game. The offense hasn’t been the issue this year.

mmiller_34
October 30th, 2022, 06:19 PM
Even with a loss, Sac State will be a #1 or #2 with a FBS win. SDSU will end up 10-1 so they will be a #1 or #2. NDSU will be a #3 or #4 if they win out.

If Sac State loses to Weber or UC Davis they will not be #1 or #2 or #3 or #4

Our Bizon will regain top spot after what I said above, happens.

Carry on.

#OnBizon

POD Knows
October 30th, 2022, 06:30 PM
If Sac State loses to Weber or UC Davis they will not be #1 or #2 or #3 or #4

Our Bizon will regain top spot after what I said above, happens.

Carry on.

#OnBizon

Sac State is unbeatable, they draw plays in the dirt and make stuff up as they go along. Most of the time it is so confusing that they have guys in motion all over the place at the same time and the refs just zone out. Impossible to defense because they have no tendencies, kind of like 8 year old kids in the back yard. Multiple QB's, no idea what the hell they are going to run.

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2022, 06:34 PM
Sac State is unbeatable, they draw plays in the dirt and make stuff up as they go along. Most of the time it is so confusing that they have guys in motion all over the place at the same time and the refs just zone out. Impossible to defense because they have no tendencies, kind of like 8 year old kids in the back yard. Multiple QB's, no idea what the hell they are going to run.

I like watching them to. The have a playoff curse hanging over them so let’s see how they look after Thanksgiving

Idaho is for real. I didn’t drop em

Chalupa Batman
October 30th, 2022, 06:41 PM

It will be really interesting if Sac State, SDSU, & Montana State all win out. MSU with wins over Weber State & Montana would have an argument for a top 2 seed as well. I think SDSU would still get the 2 seed as their P5 loss was close while the Bobcats’ P5 loss was by 40, but it would be one of the most SDSU things ever if they went undefeated in the FCS and still didn’t get a top 2 seed because of a rare down year in the Valley.

POD Knows
October 30th, 2022, 06:42 PM
I like watching them to. The have a playoff curse hanging over them so let’s see how they look after Thanksgiving

Idaho is for real. I didn’t drop emI actually moved Idaho up a spot. I don't really like watching Sac State, too many clock stoppages, too much BS, their entire offense seems so random. It is effective but odd.

peavy
October 30th, 2022, 08:26 PM
hard not to like Skattebo. The sophomore seems to create a highlight with each touch (https://twitter.com/SacHornetsFB/status/1566303604587106304?s=20&t=rfoCaVHFZxwIoCuU09-e1A)

https://media.giphy.com/media/HXj5H5mpVmwanpZSP5/giphy-downsized-large.gif

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1584072353469804544/pu/vid/1280x720/knBnaewzByh2PUMd.mp4?tag=12
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1584072353469804544/pu/vid/1280x720/knBnaewzByh2PUMd.mp4?tag=12
and block (https://twitter.com/FTBeard7/status/1584072545384337408?s=20&t=rfoCaVHFZxwIoCuU09-e1A)

https://media.giphy.com/media/m0jnsnYWtZWFT3xVU9/giphy-downsized-large.gif

He (https://twitter.com/cameronsalerno1/status/1578919926643195904?s=20&t=rfoCaVHFZxwIoCuU09-e1A) may even remind some of a smaller #44

https://media.giphy.com/media/9CszXIHQB0izoxxAJU/giphy.gif

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2022, 08:39 PM
hard not to like Skattebo. The sophomore seems to create a highlight with each touch (https://twitter.com/SacHornetsFB/status/1566303604587106304?s=20&t=rfoCaVHFZxwIoCuU09-e1A)

and block (https://twitter.com/FTBeard7/status/1584072545384337408?s=20&t=rfoCaVHFZxwIoCuU09-e1A)

He (https://twitter.com/cameronsalerno1/status/1578919926643195904?s=20&t=rfoCaVHFZxwIoCuU09-e1A) may even remind some of a smaller #44

I haven’t seen a more fun player to watch this year, and by the way this montage is great keep doing them por favor

POD Knows
October 30th, 2022, 09:50 PM

Yea. Probably the best running back in FCS.

Chalupa Batman
November 1st, 2022, 09:31 PM
What was up with the names on the backs of the SIU jerseys last week? I'm watching the replay on YouTube and I've seen "Momma Doc" & "Stewwwwwwww" along with a few other unusual names.

SDFS
November 1st, 2022, 10:47 PM
What was up with the names on the backs of the SIU jerseys last week? I'm watching the replay on YouTube and I've seen "Momma Doc" & "Stewwwwwwww" along with a few other unusual names.

Fundraiser for cancer research. People bid on jerseys, if they won.. they would define the nameplate and get the jersey after the game.

Chalupa Batman
November 1st, 2022, 11:50 PM
Fundraiser for cancer research. People bid on jerseys, if they won.. they would define the nameplate and get the jersey after the game.

That's awesome!!

skinny_uncle
November 3rd, 2022, 04:50 PM

It is an annual event known as the Black Out Cancer game.

The Yo Show
November 5th, 2022, 10:48 AM
MVFC meat grinder continues

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2022, 10:56 AM

So you knew about the YouTube games all along

Chalupa Batman
November 5th, 2022, 11:42 AM
So you knew about the YouTube games all along

Well ya. Highlight clips aren’t exactly the same as watching games though.

NDSU1980
November 5th, 2022, 01:07 PM
Bison score a TD on their first play from scrimmage after Western Ill had a three and out.

NDSU1980
November 5th, 2022, 01:17 PM
Western is stiffening. It took NDSU 3 plays to score the second TD. NDSU 14-0