PDA

View Full Version : two games for the price of three

Boogs
January 7th, 2022, 09:34 AM
Not too happy the FBS game is played on Monday night. You can't stay out late because of one's work obligation the next day.

I'd prefer to see both the FBS and FCS championship games played on Saturday in the same stadium, back to back.

FCS game at 4PM
FBS game at 8PM

Do it like college basketball with back-to-back games like in the NCAA tournament.

MR. CHICKEN
January 7th, 2022, 09:47 AM
....TAKE UH NAP.......AWK!

.....RECORD IT.....AN' STAY AWAY FROM WA-WA COOLER........ON TUESDAY MORNIN'........................BRAWK!

kdinva
January 7th, 2022, 09:53 AM
.....Herbstreit won't share a day with anything FCS.

DFW HOYA
January 7th, 2022, 09:58 AM
I'd prefer to see both the FBS and FCS championship games played on Saturday in the same stadium, back to back.
Do it like college basketball with back-to-back games like in the NCAA tournament.

Unlikely for many, many reasons, including the need to give out tickets to two schools when Alabama and Georgia fans would buy them instead.

ESPN shows little interest in this game and it's only because the larger schools travel that this even works. What does this game look like on TV if two small schools made it to the finals: say, Holy Cross vs. Furman?

Libertine
January 7th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Not too happy the FBS game is played on Monday night. You can't stay out late because of one's work obligation the next day.

FCS game at 4PM
FBS game at 8PM

Aside from the absolutely insane logistical requirements of playing two national championship games back-to-back in the same venue, this is basically describing the FCS national championship game as being, at best, little more than the opening act for the FBS game. If I were a Montana State player celebrating on the field the school's first national championship in nearly forty years -- you read that right ;) -- and somebody tried to shoo me off because Gus Johnson has to call the play-by-play as two elementary ed students from D3 schools chest pass footballs at an oversized Dr Pepper can for tuition money, it would not end well for anyone.

Also, since the Bowl Alliance (for y'all young bucks, that was pre-CFP and pre-BCS), every I-A/FBS college football national championship game but one has been played on a weekday and specifically on Monday's since 2011. That's a molehill not worth the frustration.

JacksFan40
January 7th, 2022, 05:11 PM
Back to back in the stadium would be a nightmare with logistics. Also I prefer watching the FCS title game in a small but full stadium, rather than a cavernous NFL stadium that would never get half full for an FCS game.

Laker
January 7th, 2022, 05:14 PM
Back to back in the stadium would be a nightmare with logistics. Also I prefer watching the FCS title game in a small but full stadium, rather than a cavernous NFL stadium that would never get half full for an FCS game.

Watching the D2 men's basketball title game in a packed Pentagon was great. Watching an FCS title game in an NFL or 80,000 seat stadium- nope.

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2022, 06:42 AM

FCS game at 4PM
FBS game at 8PM

Nope

WeAreThePride
January 8th, 2022, 07:29 AM
Absolutely not.

Laker
January 8th, 2022, 07:39 AM
I bet if you did a poll on this it would be 90 % against, 10% for. Maybe even more one sided.

ElCid
January 8th, 2022, 08:40 AM

Yup, this has zero chance of ever happening. However, something more realistic would be maybe make it a weekend event, and then maybe. FCS game on Sat or Sun, and FBS game on Sun or Mon. FBS Ticket holders get a twofer but not prime seats for FCS game. That could maybe work. But really, why even go there? FCS exposure is about it and FBS would be loath to share spotlight or possibly lose future recruits to the lure of an FCS life versus playing for some perennial 2-10 FBS team as a back up. Nope, would never happen.