PDA

View Full Version : ap this season

bodoyle
September 9th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Looks like he will be the 3rd down back. Both 3rd downs he came in for Benson.

Peems
September 9th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Looks like he will be the 3rd down back. Both 3rd downs he came in for Benson.

...and proceeded to run for touchdowns?:)

bodoyle
September 9th, 2007, 05:09 PM
...and proceeded to run for touchdowns?:)

I won't complain.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Or he could fumble the ball in the 4th quarter as we were driving for the go ahead score! xnonono2x xcoolx

FCSFAN
September 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Once again AP was the best back for the Bears.
.......................ATT ..YDS TD LG
Cedric Benson. 19 ..42 ...0 ..11
Adrian Peterson 7 ..38 ...0 ..11

Benson "the bust" fumbled and bumbled, AP was stripped and Grossman had a fumble (which AP recovered) and an interception.

Yet the legendary AP-hater bdoyle can only mention one player. xrolleyesx

bodoyle
September 9th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Once again AP was the best back for the Bears.
.......................ATT ..YDS TD LG
Cedric Benson. 19 ..42 ...0 ..11
Adrian Peterson 7 ..38 ...0 ..11

Benson "the bust" fumbled and bumbled, AP was stripped and Grossman had a fumble (which AP recovered) and an interception.

Yet the legendary AP-hater bdoyle can only mention one player. xrolleyesx

The team played like ****. 4 turnovers. Benson was horrible, ap turned it over very late in the game, and Grossman needs to be taken out back and shot.

Happy?

FCSFAN
September 9th, 2007, 06:46 PM
The team played like ****. 4 turnovers. Benson was horrible, ap turned it over very late in the game, and Grossman needs to be taken out back and shot.

Happy?You're a player hater hating the wrong player. Happy? xrolleyesx

bodoyle
September 9th, 2007, 07:26 PM
You're a player hater hating the wrong player. Happy? xrolleyesx

and I'm supposed to hate who?

seantaylor
September 9th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Everyone knows that Benson is a straight up bust. AP is a much better player. He will be starting very soon.

CCU97
September 9th, 2007, 10:19 PM
If Da Bears keep playing like this Barry Sanders could be running the ball and it wouldn't matter....Benson stinks....AP was nothing special today....and Grossman was just Gross...The only bright area for Da Bears is their D held San Diego scoreless for a half. Does that make everyone happy? Cause personally I could care less about any of it other than how it factors into me winning my fantasy league!

bodoyle
September 10th, 2007, 07:59 AM
If Da Bears keep playing like this Barry Sanders could be running the ball and it wouldn't matter....Benson stinks....AP was nothing special today....and Grossman was just Gross...The only bright area for Da Bears is their D held San Diego scoreless for a half. Does that make everyone happy? Cause personally I could care less about any of it other than how it factors into me winning my fantasy league!

REX IS OUR QUARTERBACK.

0-16 here we come! xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

bodoyle
September 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Chicago's ESPN Radio 1000 web poll:

What should the Bears do with their running back situation?

A) Give the majority of the carries to Cedric Bensen 60%
B) Split the carries between Cedric Bensen and adrian peterson 11%
C) Give the majority of the carries to adrian peterson 6%
D) Split the carries between Cedric Bensen, adrian peterson, and Garrett Wolfe 23%

JDC325
September 11th, 2007, 12:32 PM

I agree they could have Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton and not do squat with that poor lane opening and blocking. No real threat of a passing game is not going to help his cause either. AP's fumble was just bad timing and he needs to gain the confidence to cut back if a hole which was the case most of the day is closed. No doubt he manages to squeeze out a few more yards than Benson though.

Peems
September 14th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Chicago's ESPN Radio 1000 web poll:

What should the Bears do with their running back situation?

A) Give the majority of the carries to Cedric Bensen 60%
B) Split the carries between Cedric Bensen and adrian peterson 11%
C) Give the majority of the carries to adrian peterson 6%
D) Split the carries between Cedric Bensen, adrian peterson, and Garrett Wolfe 23%

At least 6% of Chicago has their head in the right placexnodxxthumbsupx

bodoyle
September 17th, 2007, 07:41 AM
One more fumble at a bad time, but he fell on it this time, also whiffed on 2 blitzes causing Rex to get sacked. Don't think he returned to the game after that...not that it mattered with xnonono2x rexxnonono2x behind center

FCSFAN
September 18th, 2007, 12:17 AM
One more fumble at a bad time, but he fell on it this time, also whiffed on 2 blitzes causing Rex to get sacked. Don't think he returned to the game after that...not that it mattered with xnonono2x rex xnonono2x behind centerAP had a better rushing average than benson "the bust" plus three times as many receptions. bustson also whiffed and caused Rex to get sacked. Give it up hater, your dementia is well noted. Are all CCU fans like you? You were wrongo on AP being "a career 3rd string back" and you are blatant in your hate. xnonono2x

bodoyle
September 18th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Yes CB did, but he also ran for 101 yards and is the starter, something ap will never be unless/until CB gets injured, and once healthy he will be back in as a starter.

CARRIES/YARDS:
ap: 2/9 4.5 ypc
CB: 24/101 4.2 ypc

How the hell can you compare that?

rokamortis
September 18th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Are all CCU fans like you?

come on - you *should* know better than to post stuff like that.

KJ Eagle
September 18th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Yes CB did, but he also ran for 101 yards and is the starter, something ap will never be unless/until CB gets injured, and once healthy he will be back in as a starter.

CARRIES/YARDS:

Easy...give AP 24 carries and see what he does.

bodoyle
September 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Easy...give AP 24 carries and see what he does.

His career total is about 24! Can you say lifetime backup?

KJ Eagle
September 20th, 2007, 03:47 PM
His career total is about 24! Can you say lifetime backup?

Can you say balls on your chin? Oh sorry, that is for another thread.xlolx

All I am saying is give the man a chance. The one game that they allowed him to get the bulk of the carries, he gained over 100 yards. Yes, I know it was SF, but it still should have been enough for them to give him a shot. Given the same number of carries that Benson gets, AP's yards would either be very comparable, or eclipse Benson's total.

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 07:38 AM
Can you say balls on your chin? Oh sorry, that is for another thread.xlolx

All I am saying is give the man a chance. The one game that they allowed him to get the bulk of the carries, he gained over 100 yards. Yes, I know it was SF, but it still should have been enough for them to give him a shot. Given the same number of carries that Benson gets, AP's yards would either be very comparable, or eclipse Benson's total.

KJ: And SF pretty much had the worst defense in the league that year. And he has been "pro" for how long? 5 years? You would think that if he had the ability he would be a starter...SOMEWHERE, that someone would have made him one! He must know something (the truth) that you and your fellow fans don't know (or refuse to admit to). He could have passed on resigning with my Bears as a backup and special teams player, and taken a "chance" to sign somewhere else as a starter, but he didn't. Wonder why? xoopsx

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 2nd, 2007, 03:21 PM

CARRIES/YARDS:

His career average is 4.7 YPC.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/player66.html

bodoyle
October 3rd, 2007, 08:08 AM
His career average is 4.7 YPC.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/player66.html

Benson's career average is 5.4. Just imagine how much higher it would be if the moron didn't fumble! xoopsx xoopsx

seantaylor
October 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
Benson's career average is 5.4. Just imagine how much higher it would be if the moron didn't fumble! xoopsx xoopsx

No idea where you got that number. Try 3.9. He has no business starting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8419

GSUhooligan
October 4th, 2007, 01:28 AM
A.P. won't get a starting spot b/c of his speech problem. A #1 back on a running team is bombarded with interviews and such, and the jackasses at the front office don't want that to be the face of the organization.

bodoyle
October 4th, 2007, 08:46 AM
No idea where you got that number. Try 3.9. He has no business starting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8419

My apologies I was looking at the wrong numbers.

3.8 avg.

bodoyle
October 4th, 2007, 08:51 AM
A.P. won't get a starting spot b/c of his speech problem. A #1 back on a running team is bombarded with interviews and such, and the jackasses at the front office don't want that to be the face of the organization.

Damnit hooligan, now you are making me praise AP even more. Sonofabit** :p

There was a HUGE piece on the CBS affiliate here (Ch.2) about a month ago on him and all he does for SpEd (special education) kids in the Chicago area. I, of course, could not let this information out at that time as I was still hating your team b/c we had not played yet. ;)

Our CBS site has no links to the info (www.cbs2chicago.com feel free to try and find it), but it basically talked about how he goes out to schools all the time and talks to the kids and lets them know they they can do whatever they want to; he overcame his speech impediment and didn't let it get in his way of making an NFL roster etc.

There is also another player on the Bears (Trumaine McBride) that has a more pronounced (no pun intended) stuttering problem when he talks fast then AP does, but a less apparent problem when he talks at a relaxed pace. McBride and AP were interviewed and McBride was talking about how AP has helped him, they have practiced exercises that improve their speech, and AP has given him tips and pointers on how to deal with it etc.

I was able to find an article in the Chicago Tribune about it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-070805haughcolumn,1,6638676.column?coll=chi_sports _util

"...Told that he had something in common with veteran teammate Adrian Peterson, rookie cornerback Trumaine McBride rushed off the practice field like someone in search of a long-lost relative.

"Really?" McBride said. "I need to talk to him."

McBride expected to have a long conversation with Peterson and make a quick bond. Both Bears have overcome stuttering problems and didn't realize until recently that they shared experiences bound to always connect them..."

"...Mississippi sports information assistant Daniel Snowden remembered McBride's determination in improving from a shaky freshman into one of the most requested Rebels players for interviews by the time he was a senior..."

"...If McBride keeps turning heads on the practice field, he will get plenty of chances to be heard in the NFL's No. 2 media market..."

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM

I'm glad GSU didn't have that same attitude. The guy is completely inarticulate, but he isn't stupid.