PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston St @ North Dakota St - Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Before it cut off Bison threw a 26 yard TD and converted the extra point. They lead 41-38 with little time left.

TexasTerror
2-10 SH27 Walker TOUCHDOWN, Bison -- Unbelievable!

Mountaineer
I lost the feed!!!!! Drat!

OMG the feed went bye bye, are you kidding me!

xlolx xlolx

Good stuff (not losing the feed), but the reaction. xlolx :p

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Pooch kick gives NDSU great field position. Make them drive it 80 yards damn it!

catbob
I didn't get to see the game winning TD, I want my money back. :P

katstrapper
NOTHING LIKE SNATCHING A DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY.xmadx

Dallas Demon
September 15th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Wow, 41-38 final.

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2007, 09:36 PM
FINAL

NDSU 41-38 SHSU

Helluva game...incredible...SHSU is legit though, they have a team that can make some noise...great job Kats, great game Bison...

Death Dealer
September 15th, 2007, 09:37 PM
xeekx WTF????xeekx Now that was a game. Wish I could have seen that one! Sorry kats, thought you had that one in the bag!xoopsx

lizrdgizrd
September 15th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Wow. What a way to end a great game! Congrats, Bison! Good game from both teams. xthumbsupx

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I'm sick. I'm just plain sick.

Feild Position, that was the name of the game all night. The Kats had given up too good of feild position. If that last kick had landed at the other end of the feild it would have been a different story.

That's gonna be a long flight back home. We did better than everyone expected, but we should be coming back with that win.

NDSU and SHSU are evenly matched, the Bison were just a little bit better today. I completly expect both our teams to thrash our conference opponets.

89Hen
September 15th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Are you kidding, NDSU pulled it out?! xeekx

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 09:46 PM
BOMAR STATS.....

36 OF 61 358YDS 4TDS 1 INT
17 CARRIES 113 YDS

SHSU 496 TOTAL YDS.

11/20 ON 3RD DOWN CONVERSIONS.

Bison311
September 15th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Too bad I have to work tomorow at 6am, because Fargo is gonna be rockin' tonight! Great job by both teams, talk about two magnificant quarterbacks....hopefully we can see SHSU make the playoffs and make some noise since the Bison won't have that chance. Good luck to both teams on the rest of the season.

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2007, 10:01 PM
The fact is that if NDSU had any kind of defensive secondary along with a little pass rush this would have been no game. Credit to SHSU though, no disrespect intended but when you have recievers as open as these guys were I wonder where our defense was all night tonight. What a difference a year makes.xsmhx

Peems
September 15th, 2007, 10:04 PM
The fact is that if NDSU had any kind of defensive secondary along with a little pass rush this would have been no game. Credit to SHSU though, no disrespect intended but when you have recievers as open as these guys were I wonder where our defense was all night tonight. What a difference a year makes.xsmhx

Same could be said of SHSU.

FargoBison
September 15th, 2007, 10:10 PM
It wasn't our secondary it was Rhett Bomar, the guy is simply incredible. I was at the game and it wasn't exactly like our DB's were falling all over themselves he made great reads and throws. He is the best QB I have ever seen NDSU play, nobody is even close. This game was all about the QB's Walker was just as money as Bomar. Some can look at the stats and say bad defense but in mind it was just great players makeing great plays.

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
It wasn't our secondary it was Rhett Bomar, the guy is simply incredible. I was at the game and it wasn't exactly like our DB's were falling all over themselves he made great reads and throws. He is the best QB I have ever seen NDSU play, nobody is even close. This game was all about the QB's Walker was just as money as Bomar. Some can look at the stats and say bad defense but in mind it was just great players makeing great plays.

I was at the game too. 3rd and long and guys are standing wide open? Give me a break.

AmsterBison
September 15th, 2007, 10:15 PM
It should be a good game... in fact, it might turn out to be a great game.

Hehe, this might be the first prediction I've ever been right on. This was a great game.

And, yeah, I lost my feed too. I think somebody just got excited, jumped up and down, and broke the piece of string that connects the broadcast to the internet.

FargoBison
September 15th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I was at the game too. 3rd and long and guys are standing wide open? Give me a break.

You can say that but to me he made a ton of great reads and passes.

NDSUFREAK
September 15th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I was at the game and all i can say is EXCITEMENT and deafening noise in the last 8 minutes of the game. Much better than last week! +++++++

NDSUFREAK
September 15th, 2007, 10:20 PM
btw, Joe Mays had some HUGE hits.

patssle
September 15th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Waiting for the players to clean up before we leave...

I'd like to see a conference team stop our offense.

Ladies and gentlement, we just went into a top 5 ranked school in a HELL of an enviornment (envision this game at Montana but just 1 step below) and almost got a win.

Folks...despite our cornerbacks and kickoffs...we played like a top 15 team tonight. Their running back was a effing huge...and we shut him down most of the time aside from a couple large runs he had.

I can't wait for conference. This team is a force.

NDSUFREAK
September 15th, 2007, 10:24 PM

Ladies and gentlement, we just went into a top 5 ranked school in a HELL of an enviornment (envision this game at Montana but just 1 step below) and almost got a win.

Folks...despite our cornerbacks and kickoffs...we played like a top 15 team tonight. Their running back was a effing huge...and we shut him down most of the time aside from a couple large runs he had.

You said it perfectly. Everyone should watch out for SHSU. Rhett Bomar is definitely a Payton finalist

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 10:29 PM

SHSU v McNeese is going to be one hell of a game next month in Lake Charles. I bet Bomar is just sick right now.

beerkat
September 15th, 2007, 10:32 PM
its amazing that between 2 ranked teams tonight neither team has one cornerback that can cover a pass

great great football game, I wish the Kats could have won but oh well, I feel pretty good about the rest of the season

katstrapper
September 15th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Both O-Lines put on major blocking clinics tonight.

bisonmike
September 15th, 2007, 10:43 PM
9 passing td's combined tonight! you won't find a better matchup of QB's in fcs this year.

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2007, 10:52 PM

I would disagree with that comment but that's just my opinion.

Peems
September 15th, 2007, 10:53 PM
I would disagree with that comment but that's just my opinion.

you're right it's probably 5 or 6 ;)

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2007, 10:55 PM
you're right it's probably 5 or 6 ;)
Your right, I'd say 5 or 6 times better but you'll never know since your afraid to play in Fargo ;)

Peems
September 15th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Your right, I'd say 5 or 6 times better but you'll never know since your afraid to play in Fargo ;)

well played sir. I'm sure the Fargodome was rocking and SHSU would know about the environment, now that they have played in both stadiums, and both were tense situations(playoff environment versus. great game environment)

Ronbo
September 15th, 2007, 11:02 PM
It's another barn, hanger. Must be embarrassing to play in a Gym.xlolx

FargoBison
September 15th, 2007, 11:04 PM

It is better then 99.9% of FCS Stadiums. However, I do think Montana is a bit better.

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2007, 11:04 PM

I don't think the SHSU fans saw it that way. Of course Montana fans wouldn't know anything about playing in Fargo seems they can't find it on a map. Thats ok you keep your hole next to the hill I'll stay with the Dome. NDSU didn't find it much competition when we were DII so I don't see why it would be any different now. xcoffeex

bisonmike
September 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM

Why don't your guys come out and see it? Oh, that's right, you don't travel for non-conferance games.

bisonbill
September 15th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I was at the game. Wow, what a great game. The Bison fans are back baby !!!! 10-15 years of the fans sitting on thier hands was erased tonight. The dome was absulutely rockin !!! 3 consecutive sell-outs and this game.. Wow, that was fun !!

I was secretly hoping Bomar would score that last TD just to see would I saw. It couldn't get any better than that. This is why I am a football fan !!

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM
18,000 fans in an indoor facilty? I don't care if it isn't an exact 'dome' it's still one TOUGH place to play. I can only dream about the noise level that the Fargodome has.

(You had more guys in the stands than Sam Houston has students.)

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2007, 11:16 PM
18,000 fans in an indoor facilty? I don't care if it isn't an exact 'dome' it's still one TOUGH place to play. I can only dream about the noise level that the Fargodome has.

(You had more guys in the stands than Sam Houston has students.)

Was it televised down there?

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 11:19 PM
We had it on Southland TV, which was just your videoscreen plus your radio commentary. The audio cut out half way through the game. It was really really really annoying not being able to hear what penalty's were being called.

swaghook
September 15th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Great finish for SH! WOW!!Yes it was.;) That game was way to close we just couldn't close the deal but Walker magic prevailed in the closing seconds of the game.xcoolx

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 11:24 PM
It would have felt a hell of alot better on the other side. However, looking at all the smack that was being thrown around before the game (by other SLC schools) they expected us to get our tails handed to us.

It's going to be very interesting when we play Oklahoma State...

JohnStOnge
September 15th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Yes, I'll admit that Sam Houston did a whole lot better than I thought it would do.

BisonBabe
September 15th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Well played game by both teams.

NDSUFREAK
September 15th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Can i just say it was a great college football atmosphere in general?? The tailgating lot was just jammed packed today and 18,961 for the game today was amazing! Loudness was definitely a facter and the FFD is becoming one of the most hostile enviroments in FCS.

AggieFinn
September 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM
2-10 SH27 Walker TOUCHDOWN, Bison -- Unbelievable!

With what 7 seconds left? That sounds familiar...xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Yes it was an amazing game to watch. Write up on the blog if your interested.
http://bisonsports.net/bsnblog//index.php/all

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Congrats to the Bison on another quality win.

McNeese75
September 16th, 2007, 01:10 AM

xrolleyesx You are going to get your wish in a few weeks xnodx

NoCoDanny
September 16th, 2007, 01:18 AM
I call ND State the **** hairs because they always win by one.

And props to them, it's better than losing by the width of Diana Ross's afro every week.

Thundar
September 16th, 2007, 04:23 AM
All I have to say is Bomar is a stud, but he was the only MAJOR player on offense tonight. SHSU played a hell of a game, and showed they should be a top 10 team!!!, but if they run Bomar like that all season it could be bad if he gets hurt. I just didn't see many big players besides him, also have to give the O-line for SHSU credit they were great, I see SHSU hitting the FCS playoffs hard this year!!!!

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Great game Bearkats xthumbsupx

This one may go down as the best game ever played at the Fargodome.

And a big thanks to Cap'n Cat and his Kiss of Death prediction. ;)

JBB
September 16th, 2007, 09:07 AM

I agree. We had defenders in position all night. Not many yards after the catch.

Rhett Bomar is great. The key to the BISON victory was Walker. He was unstoppable too.

Both teams went at it all night long. Speed, execution, well coached, great athletes on both sides of the ball.

The difference: STEVE WALKER!!!!

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2007, 09:11 AM
As a Fargo sportwriter said in today's Fargo Forum.

"It’s not over ’til Walker says it’s over."

Don't know which comeback was better, the UCD game last year, coming back from 24-0, or the final drive last night.

JBB
September 16th, 2007, 09:16 AM
well played sir. I'm sure the Fargodome was rocking and SHSU would know about the environment, now that they have played in both stadiums, and both were tense situations(playoff environment versus. great game environment)

NDSU has played both venues and we won in Montana. Its was one great day in BISON LORE, but yesterday was at our place and it was the greatest game ever played in the Fabulous Fargo Dome.

Congratulations to SHSU BearKats. What a team.

bisonranch
September 16th, 2007, 09:18 AM
As a Fargo sportwriter said in today's Fargo Forum.

"It’s not over ’til Walker says it’s over."

Sounds like the beginning of a Chuck Norris joke...

Awesome game. I'll definitely be watching this Bomar dude and SHSU for the season. Hope to see you deep in the playoffs.

BismarckBison
September 16th, 2007, 09:37 AM

Count me as a new SHSU fan, I put them in my score watch list. They will do damage this year in the Southland. Bomar: quick reads, quick throws, fast legs, but I still love Steve Walker

JBB
September 16th, 2007, 10:03 AM
BOMAR STATS.....

17 CARRIES 113 YDS

SHSU 496 TOTAL YDS.

Walker: 18-26 295yds 5TDs 0ints.

JBB
September 16th, 2007, 10:07 AM
BOMAR STATS.....

17 CARRIES 113 YDS

SHSU 496 TOTAL YDS.

Walker: 18-26 295yds 5TDs 0ints.

Are the 61 attempts by RB a record for passing attempts in the Fabulous Fargo Dome?

Key stat for the BISON: Rhett got no TDs rushing. He has been averaging 2/game

Bison77
September 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Yea I guess we should have scheduled a nobody like you guys do - oh that's right you can't get a good team to come to Montana - hope you griz fans like seeing dii schools every year before the BSC starts. Get use to it. xsmiley_wix

No_Skill
September 16th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Did anyone get a better view of the punt that looked like it was touched by the SHSU player and then recovered in the endzone? I was on the other side of the dome and didn't get a clear view. And the replay boards don't have the best resolution.

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM
BEARKATS BY THE NUMBERS - POST NDSU

Team - National Rankings (Top 25)
1 - Net Punting (42.38 ypp)
10 - Total Offense (462 ypg)
13 - Passing Offense (281.67 ypg)
13 - Sacks Allowed (0.67 spg)
25 - Scoring Offense (34.33 ppg)

Team - Conference Rankings (Top 2)
1 - Net Punting (42.38 ypp)
1 - Total Offense (462 ypg)
1 - Passing Offense (281.67 ypg)
1 - Sacks Allowed (0.67 spg)
2 - Scoring Offense (34.33 ppg)
2 - Scoring Denfense (21.33)
2 - Rushing Defense (130.33 ypg)
2 - Passing Efficiency (143.80)
2 - Sacks (2.33 spg)

Individual - National Rankings (Top 25)
6 - Rhett Bomar, Total Offense, (322.67 ypg)
T-7 - Taylor Wilkins, Field Goals (2.0 fgpg)
T-13 - Chris Brown, Sacks (1 spg)
T-19 - Byran Richmond, Tackles Per Game (11.33)
25 - Rhett Bomar, Passing Efficiency (144.32)

Individual - Conference Rankings (Top 3)
1 - Rhett Bomar, Passing Efficiency (144.32)
1 - Rhett Bomar, Total Offense, (322.67 ypg)
1 - Byran Richmond, Tackles Per Game (11.33)
2 - Justin Wells, Recieving Yards Per Game (73.57 rypg)
2 - Taylor Wilkins, Field Goals (2.0 fgpg)
2 - Nolan Bucek, Tackles Per Game (10.33)
T-2 - Chris Brown, Sacks (1 spg)
3 - Taylor Wilkins, Scoring (9.67 ppg)
T-3 - Blake Martin, Receptions per game (5 rpg)
T-3 - Byran Richmond, Tackles For Loss (1.33 pg)

Ronbo
September 16th, 2007, 11:26 AM
This game was a perfect example of the danger of the "pooch" kickoff and the "prevent defense". Sam Houston takes the lead with 26 seconds left. They pooch kick the kickoff (Doh!)xoopsx and give the ball to NDSU on the 45. Then they go into a prevent defense and NDSU drives right down the field on it and score with 7 seconds to spare. xoopsx

Kick the damn ball off long and make them go 80 yards! And play aggressive defense, don't get way back and give them everything under 20 yards.xnonox

gokats85
September 16th, 2007, 11:42 AM
This game was a perfect example of the danger of the "pooch" kickoff and the "prevent defense". Sam Houston takes the lead with 26 seconds left. They pooch kick the kickoff (Doh!)xoopsx and give the ball to NDSU on the 45. Then they go into a prevent defense and NDSU drives right down the field on it and score with 7 seconds to spare. xoopsx

Kick the damn ball off long and make them go 80 yards! And play aggressive defense, don't get way back and give them everything under 20 yards.xnonox

You are correct sir, YES!!xbowx Why in the hell do you "pooch" kick when the ball is now kicked from the 30-yard line?!xbangx

Ronbo
September 16th, 2007, 11:53 AM
You've got to get pressure on the QB in this situation. Rush 5-6 guys and don't give him any time. It's better than rushing 3-4 and letting him stand back there waiting for a reciever to come open. Let him have the short outlets because he has to get rid of it. They didn't have enough time to score on passes to the HB or TE.

semobison
September 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM
The pooch kick was the result of Shamen Washington scaring the hell out of them every time he touched the ball in the game. He came real close to breaking a couple earlier! Who did the Griz play this weekend?

katstrapper
September 16th, 2007, 01:13 PM
The pooch kick was the result of Shamen Washington scaring the hell out of them every time he touched the ball in the game. He came real close to breaking a couple earlier! Who did the Griz play this weekend?

Exactly, however I think I would have kicked it deep and taken my chances that time. Oh well, cant change it. GREAT GAME.

Ronbo
September 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Our kicker puts it 5-6 yards deep in the end zone. You didn't recruit a guy that can do that??????

patssle
September 16th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Did anyone get a better view of the punt that looked like it was touched by the SHSU player and then recovered in the endzone? I was on the other side of the dome and didn't get a clear view. And the replay boards don't have the best resolution.

I talked to a couple folks who were right in front of him and say he did not touch it. Granted they were SHSU folks...but they tell it the way it is.

bisonguy
September 16th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I talked to a couple folks who were right in front of him and say he did not touch it. Granted they were SHSU folks...but they tell it the way it is.

I was right in front of the play when it happened. I thought he touched it when I watched the play, but once I got home and watched the TV broadcast, it looked pretty cut and dry that he did NOT.

bisonguy
September 16th, 2007, 03:53 PM
My Gameday Photo Gallery is now up- Bison vs. Bearkats Photo Gallery (http://www.dehoff.smugmug.com/gallery/3480031#196356112)

About twenty images of tailgating, the remaining are all game photos.

Enjoy.

bisonguy
September 16th, 2007, 04:43 PM

It wasn't the "prevent" defense that hurt the Bearkats. The safety was step-for-step with the WR that caught the go ahead TD. Walker executed a perfect pump-fake that turned the safety around to cover the TE across the middle of the field, and by the time he closed the gap back to the WR, Heckendorf already had the ball in his hands on the goal line.

FargoBison
September 16th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Here is the link to the Walker TD pass that took down SHSU....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw&NR=1

douglasdmb
September 17th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Must've been a great game...seems very similar to the SHSU/Missouri State game from 2004. xthumbsupx

BISON Thunder
September 17th, 2007, 07:33 AM
It's a good thing your a fan and not a coach because you don't know swat about football. xthumbsupx

Re: Sam Houston St @ North Dakota St - Game Thread - 09-13-2007, 07:37 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BISON Thunder
So what was inaccurate?

Sorry to come across as a butt head but I could list ton of things like you did only from the other prespective. One being the only way SFA stopped us was that we stopped ourshelves. It could have easily been a 45 - 7 game without the turnovers. We do need to tighten up and stop the stupid mistakes.

So Coach...are we still not to be concerned about our defense?

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2007, 08:58 AM
What is perplexing to me is that our D has many of the same players from last year. I didn't think we were going to take that big of a drop in performance on D this year but so far its been down a lot from last year. Pass rush, defensive secondary both have been lackluster so far.

No_Skill
September 17th, 2007, 09:03 AM
We're gonna have to step it up big time to stand a chance agains Central Michigan this week.

I've been lurking on their boards and as expected we aren't getting much respect. Not as bad as the Gopher fans from last year, but we are seen as a bump in the road.

Yet another team that runs the spread xnonono2x ...I hope we can deal with it one more time.

THE HERD
September 17th, 2007, 10:35 AM

I agree with you, but the reason they were pooch kicking it was that Shamen Washington was smoking them and almost broke two kickoffs for touchdowns. He made to at least the 35-40 yard line everytime......they were scared and should have been, Washington runs a 4.3 forty....Blazin!

Go Bison
September 17th, 2007, 11:36 AM

I was at the 15 yardline and had a good view of it. At first, I thought for sure he touched it. After seeing the replay I couldn't tell. In the end I am glad they made the call the did because if they didn't we would haven't be treated to such a great game.

bisonwest
September 17th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I was right in front of the play when it happened. I thought he touched it when I watched the play, but once I got home and watched the TV broadcast, it looked pretty cut and dry that he did NOT. The video was inconclusive. I don't think he touched it because if he would have felt the ball hit his hands he would have been hauling ass to cover that thing up. He didn't seem to worried about it. But yes,on the replay board it appeared that it bounced off his hand and then again off his leg.

Bearkatpresident
September 17th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Must've been a great game...seems very similar to the SHSU/Missouri State game from 2004. xthumbsupx

We were SUPPOSED to play ya'll this week, but nooooooooo you cancelled on us.

That's twice we've had to go play you in your house and twice that you've missed playing us here.

We could have really used another FCS game.

spelunker64
September 17th, 2007, 03:41 PM
My thoughts on the Game:

Bomar was awesome
Who's the Bearkats RB...
Didn't touch the punt
I'll take Steve Walker any game
Need some DB recruiting
Glad to have Humbar back
What a day for tailgateing!