PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall National Championship: #2 North Dakota State vs #8 Montana State

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 12:12 PM
This field is absolute trash. I hope both coaches make it clear that bowl games should not be played to allow the field to properly heal after the soccer season.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
January 8th, 2022, 12:12 PM
You guys got whacked by Montana St. Just own it.
Did I say we didn’t? MSU won, I’m not denying that. What I’m saying is that our coaching staff botched that game and this season terribly. I’m saying it stings knowing that our team was more than capable of being here considering they manhandled the Bison for a good chunk of that game earlier in the season. Am I not allowed to want better results from a program who had all of the resources in the world

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 12:15 PM
Did I say we didn’t? MSU won, I’m not denying that. What I’m saying is that our coaching staff botched that game and this season terribly. I’m saying it stings knowing that our team was more than capable of being here considering they manhandled the Bison for a good chunk of that game earlier in the season. Am I not allowed to want better results from a program who had all of the resources in the worldNo, you must accept coming up short every year. How dare you expect your team to win a title.

Lorne_Malvo
January 8th, 2022, 12:16 PM
Really close to targeting.

JacksFan40
I don't agree with that. I thought MSU's front 7 played well against SDSU's physical front seven. Your secondary got torched over and over by the Bobcats passing game. Villanova had guys running wide open too by Tommy is a better QB than the Cat's Smith. Villanova played you guys tough but the Jacks ground game and missed plays by Nova in the second half was the difference. Montana State was able to keep the gas pedal down for 4 quarters unlike 'Nova. Sacramento also torched the SDSU secondary in the second half. SDSU was a bit fortunate to win that game. The Hornets outplayed SDSU in the second half.

SDSU has a good program but they can't hold NDSU's jockstrap outside of a meaningless regular season win from time to time. Alabama has those too.
SDSU manhandled NDSU during the regular season. SDSU manhandled Sac State in the first half and would’ve continued to do so if we actually kept pounding the rock down their throat instead of trying to pass. SDSU also would’ve had more success against MSU if we kept running with Davis who was averaging like 7 YPC. I’ve watched our team this entire season and seen how much potential they have and how it was wasted by a coach who didn’t accomplish anything until we stated pouring millions into our program to get facility and resources that most G5 and some P5 schools would kill for.

Whatever, it’s over and let’s not distract from this ass kicking.

Christiank22
I don’t think that’s targeting

caribbeanhen
Same. When Montana St won, I felt WAY more comfortable going into this game. I would not have been confident had they played the Joose is Loose Bunnies.

we knew that

There is a reason Bison fans pull hard for Big Sky teams

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 12:17 PM
That's not targeting. If they throw out the best player on defense, on either side of the ball, that's a joke.

Christiank22
January 8th, 2022, 12:18 PM
Good, correct call

Lorne_Malvo
That's not targeting. If they throw out the best player on defense, on either side of the ball, that's a joke.

It was close, but they made the right call.

profisme
It was a joke that it was even considered targeting.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 12:19 PM
Good. Andersen tried to avoid helmet to helmet and if they called targeting, that would have been a joke to throw out a guy of his caliber.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 12:19 PM
It was close, but they made the right call.It was indeed close, but Andersen did everything he could to lead with the shoulder and pull his head away and get low on the receiver.

Bison56
January 8th, 2022, 12:20 PM
Hunter is my spirit animal.

Christiank22
I’m sorry, I like MSU, but I can’t get over how BAD this defense is.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Did I say we didn’t? MSU won, I’m not denying that. What I’m saying is that our coaching staff botched that game and this season terribly. I’m saying it stings knowing that our team was more than capable of being here considering they manhandled the Bison for a good chunk of that game earlier in the season. Am I not allowed to want better results from a program who had all of the resources in the world

I get your frustration but there's other programs with equal or perhaps more resources than SDSU in FCS who also can't beat NDSU when it matters. SDSU has a good program but they're not close to the Bison level in terms of success, name brand, support etc.. SDSU has solid support but their attendance is not that of NDSU or the Montana schools.

I don't get the SDSU entitlement that they should be or are better than they are relative to some of the other institutions in FCS. You guys have a long way to go just like everyone else.

Bison56
It was a joke that it was even considered targeting.

100% agree

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 12:22 PM
LOL, Elvis? Where? I want his autograph.

MSU fans have to be sick watching this game. Every time they think they have nailed in all the nails, the coffin still comes open, another long first down.

But I watched a group of analyst talk about this game and they felt MSU had not played a game where both the O and D lines were smaller than the opponents. And that is coming to light watching this game. And NDSU is running things up, over 200 yards on the ground in the FIRST HALF. AND MSUs D line is their best asset!

My question for the MSU fans, would you want to play this game or just remember the 1984 title? Because this game is going to stain all thoughts about a National Title.

UNHWildcat18
January 8th, 2022, 12:22 PM
I’m sorry, I like MSU, but I can’t get over how BAD this defense is.

Yet you were trying to call JMU garbage… during and after the game. Just saw the updated score 28-0 right before half. Yikes

at least you admitted they were the second best team now xlolx

MTfan4life
January 8th, 2022, 12:24 PM
No, you must accept coming up short every year. How dare you expect your team to win a title.

It's not the expecting them to win a title that gets bothersome. It's the continued declaration they're the better team than all the playoff teams they lose to. They just get outcoached or outperformed every opportunity they get. Just because a team is better fit to play NDSU than the rest of the country, it doesn't necessarily mean they're a better team than everyone else, I mean how many times has SDSU lost where the narrative has been, "well we're the better team. just didn't show up." It gets old after a while.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 12:24 PM
So, Hunter is definitely going to be getting looks from the NFL due to his versatility in his senior year.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2022, 12:25 PM
Yeah, it would be nice, but it's only 12k. It would be great for D2 option but no room to expand. Field is absolute garbage this year.

Austin holds just north of 20k and Houston holds just north of 22k.

if they have shown the crowd I missed it

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 12:25 PM
It's not the expecting them to win a title that gets bothersome. It's the continued declaration they're the better team than all the playoff teams they lose to. They just get outcoached or outperformed every opportunity they get. Just because a team is better fit to play NDSU than the rest of the country, it doesn't necessarily mean they're a better team than everyone else, I mean how many times has SDSU lost where the narrative has been, "well we're the better team. just didn't show up." It gets old after a while.I've mentioned that their coaching staff is holding them back but their athletes are either one of the best or the best in the nation. As long as Stig is the coach, they will continue to come up short year after year.

Bison56
January 8th, 2022, 12:27 PM
It's not the expecting them to win a title that gets bothersome. It's the continued declaration they're the better team than all the playoff teams they lose to. They just get outcoached or outperformed every opportunity they get. Just because a team is better fit to play NDSU than the rest of the country, it doesn't necessarily mean they're a better team than everyone else, I mean how many times has SDSU lost where the narrative has been, "well we're the better team. just didn't show up." It gets old after a while.
Hey that's JMUs motto.

Christiank22
January 8th, 2022, 12:30 PM
Yet you were trying to call JMU garbage… during and after the game. Just saw the updated score 28-0 right before half. Yikes

JMU is garbage. I hate that team and school with a passion. Worst fan base I have ever interacted with and it’s not even close. Worse than sdsu. That being said their team is talented.

JacksFan40
January 8th, 2022, 12:31 PM
I get your frustration but there's other programs with equal or perhaps more resources than SDSU in FCS who also can't beat NDSU when it matters. SDSU has a good program but they're not close to the Bison level in terms of success, name brand, support etc.. SDSU has solid support but their attendance is not that of NDSU or the Montana schools.

I don't get the SDSU entitlement that they should be or are better than they are relative to some of the other institutions in FCS. You guys have a long way to go just like everyone else.
We’ve been in the same spot since 2012, we can’t win when it matters. The reason our fanbase is entitled is because our teams consistently underperform every year, we always lose 2-3 games in the regular season and play ourselves out of home field advantage. You know why our attendance sucks? Because nobody has any faith in this program to accomplish anything. This season was one of our best in terms of attendance as we were riding high off of the success in the Spring. We pissed away all of our opportunities to build on this momentum and will likely have garbage attendance for next year as our hone game opponents look underwhelming.

I’m done venting about this, I’ll wait until next years 3 regular season losses and playoff disappointment to vent again.

MTfan4life
January 8th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Live footage from the Montana State coaching room breaking down the adjustments they need to make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RprMPis226k

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2022, 12:33 PM
JacksFan40.

Best thing is to become a Bison fan. Trust me.

I am so unbelievably thankful to be a fan of a team who can boat race their opponents in a championship game.

JacksFan40
January 8th, 2022, 12:34 PM
If we’re getting out coached, that usually has something to do with our coaches last I checked. I never whined about our disappointments during the D2 years because I knew our teams just weren’t quite good enough to match NDSU, even if we had better coaching. These days though? Yeah, we have the teams to match NDSU and any other FCS team. If we beat Iowa next season and still go 8-3 with a playoff exit on the road I will not be surprised at all.

JacksFan40
January 8th, 2022, 12:35 PM
JacksFan40.

Best thing is to become a Bison fan. Trust me.

I am so unbelievably thankful to be a fan of a team who can boat race their opponents in a championship game.
I tried to become a Husker fan this season but they also went through immeasurable disappointment, I think I’m just very unlucky. Thank God I’m not a Vikings fan at least.

Chalupa Batman
January 8th, 2022, 12:36 PM
100% disagree. SDSU is a better team, but Vigen knows how to beat Stig and that significantly helps. Stig is not a great coach, he just knows how to recruit great athletes.

I’d go so far as say SDSU had the highest ceiling of any team this season, us included. But their inconsistency keeps them from being the #2 team this year.

SUPharmacist
January 8th, 2022, 12:38 PM

JMU has a solid football team, but Cignetti always has an excuse. His act grew tiresome at this level and I don't think the Dukes will succeed at the next level until he is gone.

The whining we are hearing from SDSU fans about losing when they are the better team is the same thing we hear from the JMU fan base every time they lost to the Bison.

NDSU fans like myself can be obnoxious and we haven't earned anything. It was just tiresome hearing that despite losing the last 3 matchups JMU was apparently the better team in all of those games and that these are the two dynasties in FCS. That is why many of us get carried away and call them trash.

Back to the title game, super disappointed Tommy can't play. I was hoping for a competitive game.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2022, 12:38 PM
Love that people were ****ting so hard on JMU who had to play NDSU in the dome. That game should have been the NC on a neutral field. This game is going to be a blow out. Tommy would have helped but NDSU is still going to role

All true

The National Championship game was played in the Fargo Dome

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 12:41 PM
I believe SDSU has the talent to win, there is a reason why they get as deep into the playoffs each year. But when those games that really, really count, you need a coach who can prep and make the right calls to get you over the hump. And Stig proves it year in and year out, he is not that guy. And the problem is, eventually, SDSU is going to loose those recruits because they can't win the big games. By signing Stig to 2 more years really deflates that recruiting bubble. Recruits are going to sign else where because SDSU wasn't willing to pull that trigger. I laugh at how many good recruits from SD sign with NDSU. And until SDSU realizes that, they have to accept getting to the playoffs. But I guess that is why so many SD fans are Vikings, Twins, Wolves and Wild fans; just getting to the playoffs is all they want and are happy with. So any SDSU fans should never, ever talk about winning a National Title, they will always be behind NDSU, always.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2022, 12:42 PM
My favorite is the Pittsburgh Penguin radio guy.. "Ladies and gentlemen,,, Elvis has just left the building"! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

“Elvis has left the building“ lol, announcers have been using that for 40 years

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2022, 12:49 PM
If we’re getting out coached, that usually has something to do with our coaches last I checked. I never whined about our disappointments during the D2 years because I knew our teams just weren’t quite good enough to match NDSU, even if we had better coaching. These days though? Yeah, we have the teams to match NDSU and any other FCS team. If we beat Iowa next season and still go 8-3 with a playoff exit on the road I will not be surprised at all.

After Colorado st game, I predicted this was gonna be your year. Ran into some tough intangibles down the stretch with the xtra playoff game and all the travel to away games

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2022, 12:54 PM
This NDSU team is going to be STACKED next year. Even with Watson going to the NFL; don’t see many teams being able to compete with us.

- - - Updated - - -

35-0.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2022, 12:56 PM
I hope Montana State scores so Delaware can still claim the only shut out in the Championship game

JacksFan40
I believe SDSU has the talent to win, there is a reason why they get as deep into the playoffs each year. But when those games that really, really count, you need a coach who can prep and make the right calls to get you over the hump. And Stig proves it year in and year out, he is not that guy. And the problem is, eventually, SDSU is going to loose those recruits because they can't win the big games. By signing Stig to 2 more years really deflates that recruiting bubble. Recruits are going to sign else where because SDSU wasn't willing to pull that trigger. I laugh at how many good recruits from SD sign with NDSU. And until SDSU realizes that, they have to accept getting to the playoffs. But I guess that is why so many SD fans are Vikings, Twins, Wolves and Wild fans; just getting to the playoffs is all they want and are happy with. So any SDSU fans should never, ever talk about winning a National Title, they will always be behind NDSU, always.
Anybody with a brain recognizes what you said but it seems like so many are unwilling to admit it. SDSU will win solely because of the talent they have, never because of the coaching. There’s a reason Stig never achieve better than 8 wins before 2012. He was fortunate that we had some wealthy benefactors willing to put millions into our program to elevate it to essentially solid G5 level. Before that he was no better than Mike Daly.

In other news this game is a royal ass kicking and MSU never stood a chance, even with Tommy.

uofmman1122
Before today, I kinda wanted MSU to win, but I was wrong.

This is the perfect result.

JMUflyer
January 8th, 2022, 12:57 PM
This is what happens when a superior team goes up against an inferior team. JMU should never have been put on the same side of the FCS bracket as NDSU. Montana won't score until NDSU puts in the 2's. At least JMU don't let the Bison beat us by more than a touchdown.

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2022, 12:59 PM
So apparently MSU receivers can just throw DB’s to the ground and its no issue at all?

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2022, 01:00 PM
This NDSU team is going to be STACKED next year. Even with Watson going to the NFL; don’t see many teams being able to compete with us.

- - - Updated - - -

35-0.

They could actually become a dynasty

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2022, 01:01 PM
This is what happens when a superior team goes up against an inferior team. JMU should never have been put on the same side of the FCS bracket as NDSU. Montana won't score until NDSU puts in the 2's. At least JMU don't let the Bison beat us by more than a touchdown.

That happened because SHSU was overrated and played a soft schedule all year. They hung onto their #1 seed simply because they were defending asterisk champs & undefeated. Everyone with a brain knows NDSU should have been #1 and JMU should have been #2. All other teams should have been unseeded.

Bison56
January 8th, 2022, 01:02 PM
So apparently MSU receivers can just throw DB’s to the ground and its no issue at all?

Well the let NDSU hold every play and let them get away with dirty hits.xcoffeex

The Kicker
January 8th, 2022, 01:03 PM
Why was there just an ad for the University of Montana? I though they only did ads of the two schools playing?

I was thinking the same thing. Damn Montana you boys are savage doing a University ad during a Montana St. championship game!

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2022, 01:03 PM
I hope Montana State scores so Delaware can still claim the only shut out in the Championship game

Yea

JacksFan40
January 8th, 2022, 01:06 PM
Let this game be a lesson to all offensive play callers. Just because your QB can run like a RB doesn’t mean you use him like a RB. I saw the same thing for my alma mater high school a few years ago where the coach used his QB for running the ball as much as his RB and the QB broke his neck and the season went down the drain. Wasted away a possible state title run on terrible play calling.

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 01:10 PM
Anybody with a brain recognizes what you said but it seems like so many are unwilling to admit it.

Well, every SDSU fan I have talked too, thinks they are just as good as NDSU, except the titles, oh really? hehehe.

But as you say, anyone with a brain.... or less cheers for SDSU, Twins, Vikings, Wolves and the Wild. hehehe
Sorry that I am enjoying this, but this world is so full of idiots that it is getting completely comical.

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2022, 01:11 PM
Let this game be a lesson to all offensive play callers. Just because your QB can run like a RB doesn’t mean you use him like a RB. I saw the same thing for my alma mater high school a few years ago where the coach used his QB for running the ball as much as his RB and the QB broke his neck and the season went down the drain. Wasted away a possible state title run on terrible play calling.

I think there was another team who played in a “kind of” fcs national championship game recently too who had a similar situation happen.

JacksFan40
January 8th, 2022, 01:14 PM
I think there was another team who played in a “kind of” fcs national championship game recently too who had a similar situation happen.
Nope can’t think of any off the top of my head and refuse to acknowledge any claims of it either. No way would this supposed team have an inept coaching staff who would think that running with your QB 20+ a game would be a good idea.

JacksFan40
January 8th, 2022, 01:16 PM
Well, every SDSU fan I have talked too, thinks they are just as good as NDSU, except the titles, oh really? hehehe.

But as you say, anyone with a brain.... or less cheers for SDSU, Twins, Vikings, Wolves and the Wild. hehehe
Sorry that I am enjoying this, but this world is so full of idiots that it is getting completely comical.
We have the talent to be just as good as NDSU, point in case being 4-4 against them since 2016, 4-2 during the regular season. But yeah in terms of the program? Not even close, though SDSU absolutely has the potential to get there. Just not with our current coach.

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2022, 01:17 PM
I want Bama.

Sir William
January 8th, 2022, 01:22 PM
I want Bama.
No…you don’t. Roll Tide.

deez_na
January 8th, 2022, 01:23 PM
I want Bama.
Oh oh, you went there lol.

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2022, 01:23 PM
No…you don’t. Roll Tide.

Yes I do. #RollBison

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 01:24 PM
Good to see TAB on the TV.

acbearkat
January 8th, 2022, 01:35 PM

You talking about TransAm? If so, he comes on Katfans from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
January 8th, 2022, 01:38 PM
So how far back do you have to go to find a bigger blowout in a Natty than this?

Bison56
January 8th, 2022, 01:41 PM
So how far back do you have to go to find a bigger blowout in a Natty than this?

2015?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 8th, 2022, 01:42 PM

Delaware vs Colgate is probably the closest I remember. GSU vs YSU in 2000 and Marshall vs Montana in 1996 are the other candidates from my time. NDSU vs Towson was a mismatch but it was a slow bleed. Today was over midway through the 1st quarter....

I tuned out and started watching college hoops...

acbearkat
January 8th, 2022, 01:43 PM
Delaware vs Colgate is probably the closest I remember. GSU vs YSU in 2000 and Marshall vs Montana in 1996 are the other candidates from my time. NDSU vs Towson was a mismatch but it was a slow bleed. Today was over midway through the 1st quarter....

I have the All-American Bowl on the TV right now.

JSUSoutherner
January 8th, 2022, 01:43 PM
2015?
37-10. As long as this score holds this game will be worse. God forbid the Bison score again.

Sundog
January 8th, 2022, 01:44 PM

NDSU 37
Jacksonville State 10

Drblankstare
January 8th, 2022, 01:44 PM
37-10. As long as this score holds this game will be worse. God forbid the Bison score again.

NDSU has been in victory formation for 2 quarters their not scoring again

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 01:45 PM
Watching Pittsburgh Penguins take care of the Dallas North Stars..

JSUSoutherner
January 8th, 2022, 01:45 PM

NDSU 37
Jacksonville State 10
You guys are really bad at math.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2022, 01:46 PM

Delaware 40
Colgate 0

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 01:47 PM
We have the talent to be just as good as NDSU, point in case being 4-4 against them since 2016, 4-2 during the regular season. But yeah in terms of the program? Not even close, though SDSU absolutely has the potential to get there. Just not with our current coach.

Well as I have said, it is coaching, and as long as Stig is there, SDSU has no chance. A funny point, in the last 5 years there has been 2 times SDSU could have played NDSU in the Natty and both times SDSU lost. And, as I said, the time is running out on SDSU before those recruits Stig is getting that makes them as good or close to NDSU will go else where. The SD kids are already coming to NDSU and the good recruits from outside SDSU will not sign with them because SDSU rep is no better than second. Several recruits NDSU got this year also had an invite from SDSU but went with NDSU, and talk is those recruits are very good. Under Stig, any recruit who gets an NDSU and SDSU invite will pick NDSU because of the rep of 9 nattys in 11 years and none for SDSU. And word is, 3 of SDs top 3 talent has signed with NDSU, as far a top 3 FCS talent.

Winterborn
January 8th, 2022, 01:47 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220108/f33b69e4eea06d04e3df9e70ad6c4a7d.jpg

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2022, 01:50 PM
Well as I have said, it is coaching, and as long as Stig is there, SDSU has no chance. A funny point, in the last 5 years there has been 2 times SDSU could have played NDSU in the Natty and both times SDSU lost. And, as I said, the time is running out on SDSU before those recruits Stig is getting that makes them as good or close to NDSU will go else where. The SD kids are already coming to NDSU and the good recruits from outside SDSU will not sign with them because SDSU rep is no better than second. Several recruits NDSU got this year also had an invite from SDSU but went with NDSU, and talk is those recruits are very good. Under Stig, any recruit who gets an NDSU and SDSU invite will pick NDSU because of the rep of 9 nattys in 11 years and none for SDSU. And word is, 3 of SDs top 3 talent has signed with NDSU, as far a top 3 FCS talent.

This guy gets it. [emoji817]

#OurRecruitsBetterThanYourRecruitsScene

CockyGeek
January 8th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Do y'all ever get tired of this?

Sundog
January 8th, 2022, 01:52 PM
You guys are really bad at math.

xlolx

Winterborn
January 8th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Do y'all ever get tired of this?Nope.

That said. I really wish the QB for Montana St wouldn't have been hurt right away.

Good luck Montana State and wish you the best going forward.

JacksFan40
January 8th, 2022, 01:54 PM
Any kid who doesn’t have any affiliations to either school is going to choose NDSU every time if offered by both. We lose recruiting battles to NDSU, that’s nothing new. What I’m worried about is if USD and UND start to consistently put together good seasons and starts winning recruiting battles against us. If that happens we may be back in the D2 days as the 4th best Dakota school, only this time we won’t have Augie to beat up on.

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 01:57 PM
I am elated, I placed a 31 - 10 $100 bet with a 7.5 variance. With NDSU win 38-10 I am within that variance, my $100 bet paid me $1,000. Wahoo!!!!! Sad to say, but this was a beat down. But I knew it. As those analyst said MSU had not played a team that had a bigger O AND D line and that would we be a telling fact and it was. Wahoo!!!!!

Hey SDSU that was #9, how many for you? hehehe (and that is #9 in 11 years).

Panther88
January 8th, 2022, 02:00 PM
NDSU, FCS GOATs.

Congrats Bison!

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 02:03 PM
Nope.

That said. I really wish the QB for Montana St wouldn't have been hurt right away.

Good luck Montana State and wish you the best going forward.Maybe TD Tom will become a pocket passer?

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 02:05 PM
Final thought,, NDSU is the Alabama of FCS.

Monday night will be another game like this..

Drblankstare
January 8th, 2022, 02:05 PM
JMU fans are salty on Twitter. To summarize “ we would have had a closer loss” 😂

acbearkat
January 8th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Final thought,, NDSU is the Alabama of FCS.

No it won’t.

NDSU1980
January 8th, 2022, 02:07 PM
The legend of Touchdown Tommy continues. MSU 21. NDSU 17. #BOOKIT

Laughing my ass off.

BisonFan02
January 8th, 2022, 02:08 PM
Laughing my ass off.

xlolx ummmmmmm.......

X-Factor
January 8th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Final thought,, Alabama is the NDSU of FBS.

Fixed your post

NDSU1980
January 8th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Completely disagree. Montana State absolutely deserved to win that game. They were the better team from the start.

If people on here can't figure out contextually what the loss of TD Tommy did to the entire MSU sideline against a team of NDSU's caliber is hapless when it comes to critically think on a human level imo.

SDSU has a nice program but they're definitely not a better team/program than MSU. Honestly, MSU has better support.
When your team is devastated by the loss of one player than you aren't a team.

Christiank22
January 8th, 2022, 02:12 PM
Sorry about your Qb MSU. I like your team and your fans. Aside from a few on your team forum but that’s any homer forum.

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2022, 02:13 PM
I am absolutely on cloud 9.

I never thought I'd ever be able to experience my team winning a National Championship.. And here I am. Unreal vibes right now guys.

#RollBison

Bison56
January 8th, 2022, 02:15 PM

I never thought I'd ever be able to experience my team winning a National Championship.. And here I am. Unreal vibes right now guys.

#RollBison

Soak it all on.

Christiank22
January 8th, 2022, 02:16 PM

#RollBison

I mean if you stayed a jacks fan you never would be able to experience it! [emoji28]

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Laughing my ass off.Yeah.. need ole Podrick to # a few for my team. [emoji1787]

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=3032676#post3032676)
Completely disagree. Montana State absolutely deserved to win that game. They were the better team from the start.

If people on here can't figure out contextually what the loss of TD Tommy did to the entire MSU sideline against a team of NDSU's caliber is hapless when it comes to critically think on a human level imo.

SDSU has a nice program but they're definitely not a better team/program than MSU. Honestly, MSU has better support.

LOL, another SDSU type of fan. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but lost. Let me guess Go Leigh TU you cheer for the Twins, Vikings, Wolves and the Wild right? hehehe

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2022, 02:23 PM
The Bison are going to do what the Bison do... Win

Anybody Big Sky fan who doesn’t see this is on Cloud 9

did anyone get my Big Sky Cloud 9 joke

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 02:25 PM
You talking about TransAm? If so, he comes on Katfans from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat is correct.

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 02:28 PM
Hey Big Sky folks, anyone glad this was the representation of your conference? Yes I know, they lost their QB and the game was over. Is that what the Big Sky Conference is about, 1 football player makes your team? Really? Not much of a conference is it?

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 02:29 PM
Laughing my ass off.Well, ok then...

POD Knows
January 8th, 2022, 02:29 PM
Laughing my ass off.Seriously. Yea. I am laughing my ass off as well.

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 02:32 PM
Fixed your postEither way is correct [emoji41]

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 02:49 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220108/f33b69e4eea06d04e3df9e70ad6c4a7d.jpgYeah I can feel for this guy.. been there done that for a few years [emoji1787]

JayJ79
January 8th, 2022, 03:10 PM
it is pathetic when fans break the rules at stadiums
and when stadium security doesn't bother to enforce the rules

Christiank22
January 8th, 2022, 03:10 PM
and when stadium security doesn't bother to enforce the rules

This is sarcasm right please tell me this is sarcasm…

NY Crusader 2010
January 8th, 2022, 03:48 PM

Same, I switched to Big East basketball at halftime. I put the FCS back on to start the 3rd Q just to see if Tommy would try and play and if MSU could score first.

This game was a bloodbath. Say what you want about the unfortunate injury but NDSU was head and shoulders the better team. Love watching their offense out of the I Formation.

2nd FCS Championship Game in a row where a starting QB went down in the first quarter. SDSU would've won in April with Gronowski and STILL was able to come back and nearly pull it out against Sam Houston.

deez_na
January 8th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Sorry about your Qb MSU. I like your team and your fans. Aside from a few on your team forum but that’s any homer forum.

Didn’t comment on their forum but good lord, whining non stop about holding calls and calling bison players dirty. Injuries happen, but whining like a baby blaming other teams non stop really does make you look like a tool.

Christiank22
January 8th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Didn’t comment on their forum but good lord, whining non stop about holding calls and calling bison players dirty. Injuries happen, but whining like a baby blaming other teams non stop really does make you look like a tool.

Seriously. I was expecting good losers since for the most part NDans and MTans are very similar but they have been sour over there. I’m sure it’s just the loud minority

Ivytalk
January 8th, 2022, 04:05 PM
Congratulations to the winners.

I hear Saban wants a home-and-home.

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 04:09 PM
The thing that sticks out the most to me is:

NDSU is 9 for 9 in title games.

There is and will be no other FCS team that will ever be able to say that.
Sam Houston, James Madison, South Dakota State and others have a loss in that game but NDSU does not.

Even if NDSU never wins another title game they will always be able to say we were 9 for 9 at one time. Sure a team might be able to say we won 3 or 4 but never 9 of 9.

If there is ever a recruit that wants to play in the FSC, NDSU is the home they want to go to.

I would bet anyone, even the MSU head coach would jump at the NDSU job if it was open. It does not pay a lot but the previous 2 head coaches, apart of the 8 for 8, each are making a million dollars a year now. NDSU is not just a place for players but for head coaches.

Christiank22
January 8th, 2022, 04:14 PM
The thing that sticks out the most to me is:

NDSU is 9 for 9 in title games.

There is and will be no other FCS team that will ever be able to say that.
Sam Houston, James Madison, South Dakota State and others have a loss in that game but NDSU does not.

Even if NDSU never wins another title game they will always be able to say we were 9 for 9 at one time. Sure a team might be able to say we won 3 or 4 but never 9 of 9.

If there is ever a recruit that wants to play in the FSC, NDSU is the home they want to go to.

I would bet anyone, the even the MSU head coach would jump at the NDSU job if it was open. It does not pay a lot but the previous 2 head coaches, apart of the 8 for 8, each are making a million dollars a year now. NDSU is not just a place for players but for head coaches.

It’s special man. I appreciate the post. Winning national titles never gets old. I am so damn proud of this team.

deez_na
January 8th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Seriously. I was expecting good losers since for the most part NDans and MTans are very similar but they have been sour over there. I’m sure it’s just the loud minority
Also we have pathetic fans for storming the field, not sure this guy has ever been to a title game. Does he realize the fans almost always end up down there? Lol

Chalupa Batman
January 8th, 2022, 04:41 PM
Also we have pathetic fans for storming the field, not sure this guy has ever been to a title game. Does he realize the fans almost always end up down there? Lol

The Bobcat fans in our area were encouraging us to go rush the field.

Christiank22
January 8th, 2022, 04:47 PM
The Bobcat fans in our area were encouraging us to go rush the field.

I am sure it’s just the annoying vocal minority online making them look dumb

JayJ79
January 8th, 2022, 04:48 PM

so you think the rules don't apply to you? The PA announcer in the stadium specifically said that fans were not to enter the field area.

Chalupa Batman
January 8th, 2022, 04:57 PM

I am sure it’s just the annoying vocal minority online making them look dumb

Looking over at their board the poster wasn’t saying it was pathetic that fans ignored the PA announcer and went on the field, but the way we stormed the field was pathetic……. that we should have had every fan on the field within a couple minutes, in spite of some efforts to block the fans from going on the field.

Normal years we would have started going on the field before the clock hit zeros and had the trophy presentation area swamped almost immediately.

Reign of Terrier
January 8th, 2022, 05:17 PM
was anyone surprised by this outcome?

deez_na
January 8th, 2022, 05:19 PM
so you think the rules don't apply to you? The PA announcer in the stadium specifically said that fans were not to enter the field area.
Like college hoops and every other sport they say that. People are gonna go on the field after a national title win. Let me know when you win it and your fans sit nicely in their seats.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 05:21 PM

Not after Tommy was hurt, but prior to that I thought it would be close,

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 05:23 PM

Security guards were helping us down on the field, MR NCAA badge of honor.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 05:25 PM
Montana State is a recruiting class or two from being really good.

Chalupa Batman
January 8th, 2022, 05:30 PM

The way we gashed their defense, yes.

ElCid
January 8th, 2022, 06:20 PM
Not after Tommy was hurt, but prior to that I thought it would be close,

Yeah that was unfortunate. I get a kick out some people saying that one player shouldn't be that much of an impact. Funny how it is used so often as an excuse by some people though, even if it isn't true. But sometimes it is a big impact when a player who is real good goes out, and they are a leader and an inspiration to his teammates. Yeah, this QB going out was a big deal. I think this was especially true in this case given the way the season and playoffs unfolded for Mont St. They kind of folded after he went out and they couldn't recover. They really did not look good across the board. Sure they had some moments, but you could see they were off in timing and execution. And of course, NDSU didn't miss a beat. Outcome was never in doubt after he went out. Personally I don't like one man shows, but they happen.

Rjones61
January 8th, 2022, 06:23 PM
For ****s sake, go to the FBS you assholes hahaha.

Congrats Bison.

marenlee
January 8th, 2022, 06:31 PM

They say that every year.

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 06:34 PM
They say that every year.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDitto...

NDSU1980
January 8th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Yeah that was unfortunate. I get a kick out some people saying that one player shouldn't be that much of an impact. Funny how it is used so often as an excuse by some people though, even if it isn't true. But sometimes it is a big impact when a player who is real good goes out, and they are a leader and an inspiration to his teammates. Yeah, this QB going out was a big deal. I think this was especially true in this case given the way the season and playoffs unfolded for Mont St. They kind of folded after he went out and they couldn't recover. They really did not look good across the board. Sure they had some moments, but you could see they were off in timing and execution. And of course, NDSU didn't miss a beat. Outcome was never in doubt after he went out. Personally I don't like one man shows, but they happen.
When it happens to the Bison, we just say "Next man up".

Pards Rule
January 8th, 2022, 06:55 PM
TD Tommy might be done. This is a brutal for start for Montana State....

Did you fly out of PHL? I got nerved out with the snow on Friday and must get back Sunday sure! AA cancelled the flight I was gonna take at 830 from PHL, nonstopper to GFW. I was going to fly on miles but Im sure they would boot you off fairly quick if I read fine print. So who knows when I would have got down there Friday.

Pards Rule
January 8th, 2022, 07:03 PM

I saw him too! Met him and had few drinks with him in Frisco in Jan 2012. I almost screamed to my nephew: "There he is! I know that dude" Is that the same gold fur from 10 years ago? Hey TAB hello!!

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 07:18 PM

So they lost their QB, how does their defense go into the drink because of that? At NDSU, when the offense looses a key player the defense steps up, when the defense looses a key player the offense steps up. Like any other good team. Wait but this was SDSU, or wait MSU, okay I got it.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 8th, 2022, 07:19 PM

So what? It happened every single time in Chattanooga too no matter which team wins. They say that and it doesn't mean dick. Final game, win the chipper, storm the field. It is about the only time it probably acceptable.

So no, the rules don't apply to champions once the season is over. I did not even see how this silly point got made but whoever is making it ought to stfu cuz that is dumb as hell.

BisonFan02
January 8th, 2022, 07:26 PM
So what? It happened every single time in Chattanooga too no matter which team wins. They say that and it doesn't mean dick. Final game, win the chipper, storm the field. It is about the only time it probably acceptable.

So no, the rules don't apply to champions once the season is over. I did not even see how this silly point got made but whoever is making it ought to stfu cuz that is dumb as BisonFan02.

is it? :D

BisonBacker
January 8th, 2022, 07:27 PM
Congrats to Montana State on a good season. It was a shame that their QB got hurt. Would like to have seen him play the entire game. I don't think the outcome would have changed but the score probably would have but who knows. At any rate Congrats again on making it to the Championship game. Every other team would have liked to have been there so.....

ursus arctos horribilis
January 8th, 2022, 07:32 PM
is it? :D

It is now.

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 07:32 PM

So no, the rules don't apply to champions once the season is over. I did not even see how this silly point got made but whoever is making it ought to stfu cuz that is dumb as hell.1st time you made sense in a long time.. [emoji56]

ursus arctos horribilis
January 8th, 2022, 07:36 PM
Tommy doesn't play defense and suntanning drives would helped a little but no way the outcome would have been much different today that I can see. Too bad because I wanted to see the boys from Montana State take the Bison to the limit today but it just wasn't in the careds. It never really is for anyone else in these NC games.

Great season for the Cats and they have some talent coming in as well as a lot coming back so they are gonna stay right up there I think.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 8th, 2022, 07:38 PM
1st time you made sense in a long time.. [emoji56]

I'll pm you and let you know what it's like since you won't be doing so anytime soon. You're welcome.

BisonFan02
January 8th, 2022, 07:39 PM
It is now.

Mod abuse! xlolx

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 07:42 PM
I'll pm you and let you know what it's like since you won't be doing so anytime soon. You're welcome.Hehehehe.. don't hate the playa.. hate the game.

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2022, 07:50 PM

The PA guy also said that iv you rushed the field you COULD be ejected from the stadium. LOL Games over dude throw me out. LOL LOL

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2022, 07:51 PM

So youre the guy that keeps throwing the turd in the punch bowl.

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 07:52 PM
The PA guy also said that iv you rushed the field you COULD be ejected from the stadium. LOL Games over dude throw me out. LOL LOLYeah,, wonder if the offered a ride on on of those cool golf carts out of the soccer stadium?

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 07:52 PM
So youre the guy that keeps throwing the turd in the punch bowl.Jealous,,

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Tommy doesn't play defense and suntanning drives would helped a little but no way the outcome would have been much different today that I can see. Too bad because I wanted to see the boys from Montana State take the Bison to the limit today but it just wasn't in the careds. It never really is for anyone else in these NC games.

Great season for the Cats and they have some talent coming in as well as a lot coming back so they are gonna stay right up there I think.

Hated to see him go down. Really wanted to what we would do with him.

Had a blast with alot of the MSU fans. Congrats cats you had a great season. Well done.

MR. CHICKEN
January 8th, 2022, 07:55 PM

.........SO............HOW WERE THE HAMBURGERS...??........AWK?

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 08:11 PM

Said like a true SDSU fan, or wait, MSU fan. LOL, really?

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 08:14 PM
I saw him too! Met him and had few drinks with him in Frisco in Jan 2012. I almost screamed to my nephew: "There he is! I know that dude" Is that the same gold fur from 10 years ago? Hey TAB hello!!I think he has been rocking the same coat for as long as I can remember. Him and his Mrs. are top notch people. Just real down to earth and easy to get along with and talk to. Then again, the entire THBTC is that way.

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 08:17 PM
The PA guy also said that if you rushed the field you COULD be ejected from the stadium. LOL Games over dude throw me out. LOL LOL

So they were providing a ride to the nearest bar? Come on, making any statement about rushing the field after the championship game was over made no sense, at all. Any person making such a statement has to be thinking about getting ahead of the line for Stupidville, they wanted to be first!

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 08:24 PM
I think he has been rocking the same coat for as long as I can remember. Him and his Mrs. are top notch people. Just real down to earth and easy to get along with and talk to. Then again, the entire THBTC is that way.

Well, I remember him crawling under the pews in church. Good kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Said like a true SDSU fan, or wait, MSU fan. LOL, really?

How old are you?

Laker
January 8th, 2022, 08:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIn9a51WYAk2f9c?format=jpg&name=large

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=How old are you?[/QUOTE]

Said like a true SDSU fan, no clue on what they are responding to.

Bison56
January 8th, 2022, 08:29 PM
I remember my first beer.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 08:29 PM

Oh, you are from that upstate normal school in Grand Forks.

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 08:34 PM
Oh, you are from that upstate normal school in Grand Forks.

Not even close, but you appear to be from the gopher hole in the middle of ND.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 08:39 PM
Not even close, but you appear to be from the gopher hole in the middle of ND.

Thanks for playing fighting Susan.

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 08:40 PM
Thanks for playing fighting Susan.

Oh no, I offended the trans, so sorry.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Oh no, I offended the trans, so sorry.

Just another Decemberist.

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 08:43 PM
Just another Decemberist.

About what a trans would say.

JayJ79
January 8th, 2022, 08:44 PM
since the game is played in Texas, maybe they should just shoot those that ignore the warnings and illegally trespass.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 08:45 PM
About what a trans would say.

Come back when you get you act together.

SDFS
January 8th, 2022, 08:45 PM
Congrats to NDSU - great job.

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 08:46 PM
Come back when you get you act together.

Nice trans response. Keep showing your colors

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 08:47 PM
Nice trans response.

Go Bison!

Chalupa Batman
January 8th, 2022, 08:50 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/2uIfniYlTKcRzH5MB7/giphy.gif

ysubigred
January 8th, 2022, 08:51 PM
since the game is played in Texas, maybe they should just shoot those that ignore the warnings and illegally trespass.?? Lol you're reaching now son.. keep up the crybaby act [emoji1787]

Bluetazman
January 8th, 2022, 08:57 PM
Go Bison!

Well, the Bison does have a Trans fan. But we should know that by his handle, Gil does me.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2022, 09:36 PM
Well, the Bison does have a Trans fan. But we should know that by his handle, Gil does me.

Don't know your Bison history kid.

Professor Chaos
January 8th, 2022, 09:52 PM
Just wanted to echo some other comments on how much fun Montana St fans were to interact with over the last couple days down here. I've been to all 9 of these that the Bison have been in and the Bobcats brought the best opposing fan base of all of them. I was also impressed that their fans pretty much all stuck around to the end of the game and gave their team a well deserved ovation after the final horn sounded.

Other than that all I can say is this NDSU run continues to be a surreal experience as a fan. As a long suffering Vikings and Twins fan I'll never take these championships for granted. And this Bison team should only be better next season (depending on transfer activity or lack thereof). Go Bison! The championship march continues!

gregatim
January 8th, 2022, 10:11 PM

Surprised at how poorly the MSU defense competed today. Stats don’t always tell the entire story. The number 2 rushing defense or whatever they were ranked coming in does not give up 268 yards in the first half.

ElCid
January 8th, 2022, 10:31 PM

That's true, but their D probably spent a little more time on the field as a result of him going out. And the D would certainly be affected emotionally when they know their O just lost it's best play maker and leader. It's probably silly speculating, but while I still think NDSU would have won, instead of a 28 point game it "might" have been a 14-17 point game. Again, who knows. The Bison certainly looked good.

Chalupa Batman
January 8th, 2022, 10:40 PM
That's true, but their D probably spent a little more time on the field as a result of him going out. And the D would certainly be affected emotionally when they know their O just lost it's best play maker and leader. It's probably silly speculating, but while I still think NDSU would have won, instead of a 28 point game it "might" have been a 14-17 point game. Again, who knows. The Bison certainly looked good.

Except for the interception, MSU moved the ball fairly well in the 1st half and every drive was over 3 minutes with a 1st down or 3 before stalling out. So it’s not like the defense was getting no rest at all. And after that pick was the one time we punted.

nickp
January 8th, 2022, 11:01 PM
NDSU is 9-0 in FCS National Championships

Catbooster
January 8th, 2022, 11:18 PM
Congratulations NDSU. No doubt who the better team was today.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2022, 11:24 PM
Well, I remember him crawling under the pews in church. Good kid.

- - - Updated - - -

How old are you?You knew TAB as a kid? Damn, that's crazy.

Preferred Walk-On
January 8th, 2022, 11:35 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations to Montana State on a fantastic season. Also wanted to say that the Montana State fans in Frisco were top notch, every single one that we met. Looking forward to next season already.

Lorne_Malvo
January 8th, 2022, 11:36 PM
Or really bad.

bobcathpdevil56
January 8th, 2022, 11:43 PM
Congrats Bizon! You proved again that the formula works. Still the alphas in FCS. And well done Bobcats, a gizz win away from a great season. Glad the Bobcat fans represented well.

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2022, 08:14 AM
Congratulations to the Bison on another title.

Everyone I met this weekend was nothing but absolutely hospitable and top notch. The tailgate was awesome. Thank you Bisonoline for setting up the dinner! It was great to meet you and your crew and it was a good time. Montana State fans really impressed me as well with their numbers, class, and the fact you guys stayed through that whole game to support your team to the end.

Looking forward to next year.

Also, who came up to me in the tailgate lot yesterday when my buddy said I wasn't JSUSoutherner when you asked? I'm really curious. I wasn't sure why he did that so I just rolled with it. xlolx

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Congratulations NDSU. No doubt who the better team was today.

I know his older siblings better.

semobison
January 9th, 2022, 09:33 AM
I stepped on Campus in the fall of 83 as a slightly older than average junior fresh out of working in the western ND oil fields for a couple of years. My first game at Dakota field was the opener against Augustana that September. We won the DII title that year with an all frosh backfield. I’ve been hooked since! My Saturday’s in the fall for nearly 40 years revolve around Bison football.
Yesterday I watched them win another FCS championship with a friend I tailgated with in Fargo throughout the 80’s and early 90’s. We were at the Mule Creek Saloon in Surprise AZ. He Is retired now and I am semi retired. We talked about the old times and celebrated the new championship team.
That fall in 83 I almost ended up at MSU in Bozeman. It was my first choice but out of State tuition was a little much for this 22 year old at the time. Today, again... I’m proud to be an alumni of North Dakota State University!

Pards Rule
January 9th, 2022, 10:01 AM
That poor MSU fan shown at the game with the made up Bobcat helmet. He will be a meme forever. I did like the MSU "Party like its 1984" shirts though! In December 1984, damn I was just out of Lafayette College since May (finally landed a job in early Dec 1984, not to start until Jan. 1985. Hiring was for experienced folk laid off in early 80s recesion, deepest at that point since Great Depression, before hiring newbie college grads), they didnt really have widespread cable so couldnt watch game on TV, championship in mid Dec as only 16 teams back then to qualify, its was called 1-AA, and Reagan just re elected to second term a month earlier in a true landslide over Walter Mondale of neighboring Minnesota.

Pards Rule
January 9th, 2022, 10:02 AM
I stepped on Campus in the fall of 83 as a slightly older than average junior fresh out of working in the western ND oil fields for a couple of years. My first game at Dakota field was the opener against Augustana that September. We won the DII title that year with an all frosh backfield. I’ve been hooked since! My Saturday’s in the fall for nearly 40 years revolve around Bison football.
Yesterday I watched them win another FCS championship with a friend I tailgated with in Fargo throughout the 80’s and early 90’s. We were at the Mule Creek Saloon in Surprise AZ. He Is retired now and I am semi retired. We talked about the old times and celebrated the new championship team.
That fall in 83 I almost ended up at MSU in Bozeman. It was my first choice but out of State tuition was a little much for this 22 year old at the time. Today, again... I’m proud to be an alumni of North Dakota State University!
Good deal! I know Surprise!

WeAreThePride
January 9th, 2022, 10:03 AM
since the game is played in Texas, maybe they should just shoot those that ignore the warnings and illegally trespass.
Wipe your bum, poopy pants.

Pards Rule
January 9th, 2022, 10:49 AM

I would submit they have to make those announcements for legal purposes. Like they have for many years, say this year they didnt, someone got hurt on field, oops!! Notwithstanding Covid, I mean look at the stands, there is the expectation that happens in Frisco or wherever. BUT they still have to "make the announcement"

Reign of Terrier
January 9th, 2022, 11:53 AM

Little comments like this demonstrate how NDSU has absolutely ruined the perception of other FCS teams. Montana State made it to the championship game! They aren't a recruiting class or two from being really good, they *are* really good.

Not singling out Gil here, just making the point that this is why the FCS playoffs is sort of hard to watch nowadays...or talk about. NDSU skews perception to where analyzing the subdivision coherent is just warped to absurdity.

ElCid
January 9th, 2022, 12:19 PM
That poor MSU fan shown at the game with the made up Bobcat helmet. He will be a meme forever. I did like the MSU "Party like its 1984" shirts though! In December 1984, damn I was just out of Lafayette College since May (finally landed a job in early Dec 1984, not to start until Jan. 1985. Hiring was for experienced folk laid off in early 80s recesion, deepest at that point since Great Depression, before hiring newbie college grads), they didnt really have widespread cable so couldnt watch game on TV, championship in mid Dec as only 16 teams back then to qualify, its was called 1-AA, and Reagan just re elected to second term a month earlier in a true landslide over Walter Mondale of neighboring Minnesota.

I remember them coming to Charleston for the 84 game. I didn't go to game though. I was a senior then and had bigger fish to fry.

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2022, 12:38 PM
Little comments like this demonstrate how NDSU has absolutely ruined the perception of other FCS teams. Montana State made it to the championship game! They aren't a recruiting class or two from being really good, they *are* really good.

Not singling out Gil here, just making the point that this is why the FCS playoffs is sort of hard to watch nowadays...or talk about. NDSU skews perception to where analyzing the subdivision coherent is just warped to absurdity.

Really good is perception. JMU and Sam have been really good, from my perspective. Both would be 5 on a scale of 1-5. Montana St is 4, good. 3 is average, 2 would be mediocre, and 1 would be bad.

We should be talking about, who is replacing the JMUs and SHSUs. They are there, just not obvious at the moment. Montana St is a candidate, Missouri is getting better, Montana, SDSU is on the edge, ETSU is also on the rise. Time will tell.

X-Factor
January 9th, 2022, 12:54 PM

MSU had a great season and has a lot to be proud of. But you are being a drama queen. Every year in the playoffs there seems to be a ton of commentary on this board and through various journalists about how team x, y, or z is really hot and how the Bison offense is quite pedestrian and prone to being upset, unimpressive passing the ball, etc. That doesn’t speak at all to “skewed perception”, it speaks to belief to the contrary. It isn’t until after the Championship game that comments like the above come out of the woodwork and whining about a lack of parity commences. You can’t have it both ways. The Bison are NOT going away, if you haven’t noticed! So like it or not the level of football for being a truly great team is higher than it used to be.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2022, 12:55 PM
Mod abuse! xlolx

is it

:D

ursus arctos horribilis
January 9th, 2022, 01:10 PM

That is pretty much what I said in my post. This is what MSU and for that matter the Griz were all season. Rely completely on the D and just hope the offense can hold the ball for 5 plays to give them a bit of rest.

Looked to me like MSU had a problem being out of their spots in a lot of big plays that NDSU got. So it is on the D and it would not have looked as bad but NDSU can make you pay with 6 pts. every time you f it up with TA being just a little out of position or biting on something he normally would not bite on against most other teams.

ElCid
January 9th, 2022, 01:24 PM
That is pretty much what I said in my post. This is what MSU and for that matter the Griz were all season. Rely completely on the D and just hope the offense can hold the ball for 5 plays to give them a bit of rest.

Looked to me like MSU had a problem being out of their spots in a lot of big plays that NDSU got. So it is on the D and it would not have looked as bad but NDSU can make you pay with 6 pts. every time you f it up with TA being just a little out of position or biting on something he normally would not bite on against most other teams.

Yup, but it was hard to tell if NDSU just had great schemes or Mont St was just out of position. Either way the Bison made it look easy a few times.

TheRevSFA
January 9th, 2022, 02:52 PM
It was cool to see some of the NDSU folks I met previous years. There were some I didn’t get to meet up with. I sat down a few rows in front of TAB.

Frisco is always a blast to attend. Looking forward to next year.

Professor Chaos
January 9th, 2022, 03:22 PM
Yup, but it was hard to tell if NDSU just had great schemes or Mont St was just out of position. Either way the Bison made it look easy a few times.
It boiled down to the trenches. I'm not sure if the Bobcat d-line played a poor game or if the Bison o-line just played great but that Bison o-line was blowing up the Bobcat d-line at the LOS on multiple plays that I've noticed.

Here's an example:
https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1479896555071098883

Odd thing is I felt that SDSU's o-line is every bit as good as NDSU's and the Bobcat d-line did really well in that game.

Laker
January 9th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Odd thing is I felt that SDSU's o-line is every bit as good as NDSU's and the Bobcat d-line did really well in that game.

I was surprised that the Jacks didn't run more. Especially when they were only down by one TD.

JayJ79
January 9th, 2022, 05:57 PM

maybe I'll wipe my arse on the turf in the FargoShed next time I'm up that way, since the consensus appears to be that spectators are free to disregard any rules about entering the playing field area.

(nah, I wouldn't want to risk catching Brucellosis)

AmsterBison
January 9th, 2022, 06:31 PM
maybe I'll wipe my arse on the turf in the FargoShed next time I'm up that way, since the consensus appears to be that spectators are free to disregard any rules about entering the playing field area.

As both your volunteer doctor and lawyer, I advise against jumping from the stands onto the field at the FargoDome. Dome security has been fantasizing about somebody trying this since 1993.

Bison56
January 9th, 2022, 07:14 PM

Make sure you bring your keyboard.

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2022, 07:24 PM
is it

:D

probably xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2022, 07:30 PM
Message to the rest of the FCS:

The Bison are loaded for next year.

Note on the game. I thought with 3 weeks to prepare for A gap power, MSU would have defended it better. Bison OL totally manhandled the Cats front 7. After the Bison's 1st drive, I knew this game was over. Mellotte playing would probably kept the game a little closer but the outcome would have been the same.

Looking forward to finally having a FBS game next fall. My daughter is in Goodyear so making it down to the AZ game will be fun. Bison will bitch slap Arizona next year and it will not surprise me if they favored in that game.

Professor Chaos
January 9th, 2022, 08:28 PM
Message to the rest of the FCS:

The Bison are loaded for next year.

Note on the game. I thought with 3 weeks to prepare for A gap power, MSU would have defended it better. Bison OL totally manhandled the Cats front 7. After the Bison's 1st drive, I knew this game was over. Mellotte playing would probably kept the game a little closer but the outcome would have been the same.

Looking forward to finally having a FBS game next fall. My daughter is in Goodyear so making it down to the AZ game will be fun. Bison will bitch slap Arizona next year and it will not surprise me if they favored in that game.
FWIW both Sagarin and Massey would favor NDSU by double digits over Arizona (in Tucson) if this year's respective teams were matching up.

Hammerhead
January 9th, 2022, 08:31 PM
From where we were sitting in the stadium it sounded like the Bobcat fans were louder at the beginning, but that might just be due to their school's allotment being across the field from our seats.

NDSUtk
January 9th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Congratulations to the Bison on another title.

Everyone I met this weekend was nothing but absolutely hospitable and top notch. The tailgate was awesome. Thank you Bisonoline for setting up the dinner! It was great to meet you and your crew and it was a good time. Montana State fans really impressed me as well with their numbers, class, and the fact you guys stayed through that whole game to support your team to the end.

Looking forward to next year.

Also, who came up to me in the tailgate lot yesterday when my buddy said I wasn't JSUSoutherner when you asked? I'm really curious. I wasn't sure why he did that so I just rolled with it. xlolxHey that was me! Sneaky sneaky. Wish you wouldn't have. I try to grab pics with folks from here in Frisco!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
January 9th, 2022, 11:31 PM
Hey that was me! Sneaky sneaky. Wish you wouldn't have. I try to grab pics with folks from here in Frisco!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Lol sorry. We'll get it done next year. I didn't see a single JSU fan in Frisco so I think it's safe to say if you see one next year it's probably me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2022, 08:25 AM
FWIW both Sagarin and Massey would favor NDSU by double digits over Arizona (in Tucson) if this year's respective teams were matching up.

Well, I'm sure they will be favored in that game this fall. Bison are going to embarrass Arizona at their place...

Another note to the rest of the FCS: You want to win the Title, play defense. Bison gave up only 19 TDs in 15 games.

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2022, 08:37 AM
Well, I'm sure they will be favored in that game this fall. Bison are going to embarrass Arizona at their place...

Another note to the rest of the FCS: You want to win the Title, play defense. Bison gave up only 19 TDs in 15 games.

Bison easily finish another year in top 20 maybe even top 10

mvemjsunpx
January 10th, 2022, 09:10 AM

Arizona lost to NAU, so the Bison should be favored by triple digits. xcoffeex

Professor Chaos
January 10th, 2022, 09:11 AM
It's games like this that make me feel less bad about 2015.
FWIW I'm of the opinion that the 2015 NDSU team that Jacksonville St faced, the way they played that day, would've beaten any other NDSU title team. That team was a buzzsaw since the defense and run game had rounded into dominant form while Wentz was hurt and then adding Wentz back into that without those other phases of the game losing any potency created a juggernaut.

ElCid
January 10th, 2022, 09:14 AM

I am curious to see how they reset the ratings in the fall. I'm not sure of their precise method for doing so. I will have to record the final ratings to see what the adjustments are once next year's are released. I can see it being predicted closer based on ratings adjustments just from history. But yeah, I'll still take the Bison.

Bisonator
January 10th, 2022, 12:24 PM
Congrats to the Bobcats on a great season!

I was a bit surprised the game wasn't a little better given how MSU handled SDSU. I think the travel finally caught up to the bunnies in that one but the Bobcats deserve credit for the win none the less. Already looking forward to fall camp and next season! Go Bison!!

AmsterBison
January 10th, 2022, 04:10 PM

Two different offensive philosophies? Just watch the first drive of SDSU v Montana State. SDSU's offensive line was getting pushed back from the LOS on almost every designed run.

Mfergy4
January 10th, 2022, 05:35 PM
Finally got back to Fargo, never made it to Frisco, thank you United. Still waiting for my luggage to arrive, it has my laptop in it.
Anyway, to the Bobcats Fans, you had a great season and I believe we will be seeing you again next year. I would have loved to have seen an MSU Offense with Mellot directing it, but yet the limited plays he was in MSU was struggling against the early designs of the Bison defense. Bison D adjusts just kill opposing offenses later in the game. As for the MSU Defense, I do not know what tapes they exchanged but they were not the right ones. MSU defense were making miss reads, allowed TE to cross the the linebackers face with out challenge...just a very poor outing for them. I watched them in the SDSU game and it was a different Defense. It has been a long time since I have seen D-linemen, as a group, driven 3 to 4 yards back from the line of scrimmage on a single play, and if was happening just about every play.
For the Bison, what can I say but when it comes to the play-offs the Bison find another gear of play, and then hit over-drive in Frisco. Impressive.
Frisco - your field has impacted the game every year. This is not play-off caliber grounds keeping for natural turf...time to put in the all-season turf and give the teams a good playing field. This year's "Hockey Rink" caused injuries which were avoidable. Time to put the dough up for a good playing surface or loose the Championship contract.

SDSU, the Rock sure is lonely in the empty case you had built...NDSU is again expanding theirs for their 9'th Natty.

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2022, 06:18 PM
What’s next years championship gonna be called

ten for the decade?

this is just getting more bizarre by the year

if I was Stig, I would just let you win big in the regular season game... why not

Mfergy4
January 10th, 2022, 06:31 PM

ten for the decade?

if I was Stig, I would just let you win big in the regular season game... why not

Hey C-hen, until things make it worth a move to the FBS for NDSU we are here to stay, quit xdeadhorsex and improve your program or quit complaining. We are not the issue of poor performances from the East Coast Teams, the bar was challenged when we join the FCS, and now we have raised the bar. Either rise up to the challenge or drop to DII.

Bison56
January 10th, 2022, 07:45 PM
Hey C-hen, until things make it worth a move to the FBS for NDSU we are here to stay, quit xdeadhorsex and improve your program or quit complaining. We are not the issue of poor performances from the East Coast Teams, the bar was challenged when we join the FCS, and now we have raised the bar. Either rise up to the challenge or drop to DII.

What are you talking about?

bob12
January 10th, 2022, 08:04 PM
Well crap, my weekend didn't go how I wanted it to, but besides the outcome and the unfortunate injury to Tommy, I had a pretty good time. I had a great time meeting really nice people whether it was NDSU faithful or MSU fans I had never met before. Hopefully I'm able to experience that weekend again sooner rather than later. Proper butt kicking by the Bison. On to a healthy spring and good times in the fall.

Hammerhead
January 10th, 2022, 09:24 PM
There are MLS teams that play on artificial turf so maybe there is is tiny chance FC Dalla would ditch the grass?

Sundog
January 10th, 2022, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;3033328]

ten for the decade?

First to 10, Then Do It Again

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2022, 11:12 PM

complaining? Not really

check out that gohens thread I posted if you wanna see complaining

Henny
January 11th, 2022, 06:10 AM
complaining? Not really

check out that gohens thread I posted if you wanna see complaining

He's right Carib (not the complaining part). Delaware has absolutely every advantage over NDSU (except tradition now). The school itself, location, facilities etc. and all these resources necessary to get the best coaches and talent have been squandered over the last decade. Hell, UD can't even beat Nova for Christ sake! The decision to hire Carty I support and it appears he understands what the expectations are. Time to get to work!

caribbeanhen
January 11th, 2022, 06:49 AM
He's right Carib (not the complaining part). Delaware has absolutely every advantage over NDSU (except tradition now). The school itself, location, facilities etc. and all these resources necessary to get the best coaches and talent have been squandered over the last decade. Hell, UD can't even beat Nova for Christ sake! The decision to hire Carty I support and it appears he understands what the expectations are. Time to get to work!

Good post Henny and besides, Ryan Carty knows the Bison can be beat as he witnessed their spring defeat as the OC for Sam Houston. Somebody needs to step up now and might as well be Delaware!

TransAmBison
January 11th, 2022, 07:02 AM
It was cool to see some of the NDSU folks I met previous years. There were some I didn’t get to meet up with. I sat down a few rows in front of TAB.

Frisco is always a blast to attend. Looking forward to next year.You guys were fun to watch. Looks like you must of been off to get a drink or something when I took this pic

https://i.imgur.com/GEdGm1S.jpg

Even RowdyRabbit stopped by to say hi

https://i.imgur.com/P4OVfdW.jpg

TransAmBison
January 11th, 2022, 07:11 AM
I think he has been rocking the same coat for as long as I can remember. Him and his Mrs. are top notch people. Just real down to earth and easy to get along with and talk to. Then again, the entire THBTC is that way.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkAhhh...there you would be incorrect. First set of coats came out in 2011. Few years later a set of green coats came out. This year a new set of yellow coats came out. All still in good condition, but I am lucky enough to get a new one each time the kids outgrow their previous coat. Sadly, enough room was built into this set of coats to alter so that this may be the last set. But who knows, the wife said she would never make another set after the first 4 were made.

TransAmBison
January 11th, 2022, 07:23 AM
and when stadium security doesn't bother to enforce the rulesWho hurt you?*

*On a side note, posts like this make me smile**
**Which is exactly why I had to storm the field***
***Along with a bunch of Bobcat fans

NDSU1980
January 11th, 2022, 10:16 AM

ten for the decade?

Maybe we could honor you. Ten for the Hen?

TheRevSFA
January 11th, 2022, 11:19 AM
You guys were fun to watch. Looks like you must of been off to get a drink or something when I took this pic

https://i.imgur.com/P4OVfdW.jpg

Haaaa....I went to get some much needed food in my stomach.

I did see RR though...it was awesome.

Mfergy4
January 11th, 2022, 11:29 AM
Good post Henny and besides, Ryan Carty knows the Bison can be beat as he witnessed their spring defeat as the OC for Sam Houston. Somebody needs to step up now and might as well be Delaware!

Now that is what good programs (Fans) do, push their teams to be better. In all seriousness, the Eastern Teams used to be the bar to be measured by, but someone fell asleep at the wheel, and the quality bus went off the road, or they were able to move up to the FBS Level (G-Southern, Coastal C, Appalachia and JMU). I know C-Hen you are not really the complainer, but there are lots of Eastern Team's Fans who are and are uniformed about how moves to FBS work. Instead of pushing their teams to better themselves to meet the challengers they rather bitch. Yes, it is really hard to recruit out East, lots of competition for players, but a start at being consistently in the FCS plays-off will help and winning a Natty, (and yes, we Bison would really love to see that to happen) helps out too. When other teams start challenging and beating the Bison in Frisco, then maybe our fans will stop being bored during the season and come back to to the dome. Lets face it, the Bison are good, but we Bison Fans really want the whole FCS to be good as well, as it fosters better yearly competition, great rivalries, and better dollars for everyone's sports programs. Positive Name recognition is a key to good recruiting.

TheKingpin28
January 11th, 2022, 06:21 PM
Ahhh...there you would be incorrect. First set of coats came out in 2011. Few years later a set of green coats came out. This year a new set of yellow coats came out. All still in good condition, but I am lucky enough to get a new one each time the kids outgrow their previous coat. Sadly, enough room was built into this set of coats to alter so that this may be the last set. But who knows, the wife said she would never make another set after the first 4 were made.Well I learn something new every day. I was not aware you were on set number three but I dont remember the green ones?

So not getting a new coat for every championship? xlolx

ysubigred
January 11th, 2022, 06:37 PM
Maybe we could honor you. Ten for the Hen?One for the other thumb? [emoji106]

NDSU1980
January 11th, 2022, 06:52 PM
One for the other thumb? [emoji106]

That was the saying for 2015 when we piss pounded JSU and won #5. Maybe one for the other thumb?

ysubigred
January 11th, 2022, 07:07 PM
That was the saying for 2015 when we piss pounded JSU and won #5. Maybe one for the other thumb?That's what I said lol..

Winterborn
January 12th, 2022, 07:30 AM
You knew TAB as a kid? Damn, that's crazy.

Gil has been around since dirt was a rock. :D

acbearkat
January 12th, 2022, 07:51 AM
Gil has been around since dirt was a rock. :D

[emoji38]

RabidRabbit
January 12th, 2022, 07:59 AM
You guys were fun to watch. Looks like you must of been off to get a drink or something when I took this pic

https://i.imgur.com/P4OVfdW.jpgHey great seeing a bunch of AGSers, Bisonville followers RabidRabbit

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
January 12th, 2022, 08:02 AM
Gil has been around since dirt was a rock. :DWell, I guess I'm just a young guy.

Gil Dobie
January 12th, 2022, 08:23 AM
Well, I guess I'm just a young guy.

Hope someday you all can take your grandson(s) to a Bison championship game and join the festivities on the field afterwards.

caribbeanhen
January 12th, 2022, 09:16 AM
Now that is what good programs (Fans) do, push their teams to be better. In all seriousness, the Eastern Teams used to be the bar to be measured by, but someone fell asleep at the wheel, and the quality bus went off the road, or they were able to move up to the FBS Level (G-Southern, Coastal C, Appalachia and JMU). I know C-Hen you are not really the complainer, but there are lots of Eastern Team's Fans who are and are uniformed about how moves to FBS work. Instead of pushing their teams to better themselves to meet the challengers they rather bitch. Yes, it is really hard to recruit out East, lots of competition for players, but a start at being consistently in the FCS plays-off will help and winning a Natty, (and yes, we Bison would really love to see that to happen) helps out too. When other teams start challenging and beating the Bison in Frisco, then maybe our fans will stop being bored during the season and come back to to the dome. Lets face it, the Bison are good, but we Bison Fans really want the whole FCS to be good as well, as it fosters better yearly competition, great rivalries, and better dollars for everyone's sports programs. Positive Name recognition is a key to good recruiting.

Lots of truth here but it’s just not the East coast bitchin about the Bison, it’s pretty much a common denominator with FCS fans. Honestly, I kind of enjoyed your beat down of Montana State. Having said that I think the game kind of snowballed and that game kind of created a false sense of Bison invincibility. Yes the Bison are the best but you can still be beat.

The doldrums have lifted and fresh winds are blowing in Delaware.... they will be coming for you!

POD Knows
January 12th, 2022, 09:20 AM
Lots of truth here but it’s just not the East coast bitchin about the Bison, it’s pretty much a common denominator with FCS fans. Honestly, I kind of enjoyed your beat down of Montana State. Having said that I think the game kind of snowballed and that game kind of created a false sense of Bison invincibility. Yes the Bison are the best but you can still be beat.

The doldrums have lifted and fresh winds are blowing in Delaware.... they will be coming for you!
The Bison can absolutely be beat. Lost 3 games in the spring, SDSU beat us again this fall. JMU plays us tough every time. Develop a good run defense and you will always have a chance against NDSU.

Mfergy4
January 12th, 2022, 09:20 AM

We have a saying up here....Bring on the Competition! Here's to a Delaware resurgence! xdrunkyx

caribbeanhen
January 12th, 2022, 08:02 PM
We have a saying up here....Bring on the Competition! Here's to a Delaware resurgence! xdrunkyx

It’s very refreshing to be rid of Rip Van Rocco and his snoozer Saturday’s

Ryan Carty has come in talking about winning and playing to win instead of playing not to lose

He has assembled a very impressive coaching staff and I say that full well knowing it’s about players

He is at least in the transfer portal something that Rocco thought was a ride at Hershey Park

Delaware is void of top notch talent, we have some good players just not enough of em. Rocco’s recruits left a lot to be desired. He actually inherited 3 future NFL players in 2017 but forgot he still needed to score points

Carty is not going to forget

MR. CHICKEN
January 12th, 2022, 08:12 PM
......OURAH O-LINE.........CAIN'T PUSH DUH SLED......WE NEED CORN FED BEEF..........BOTH SIDES UH DUH ROCK........AWK!

TheKingpin28
January 12th, 2022, 11:20 PM
Hope someday you all can take your grandson(s) to a Bison championship game and join the festivities on the field afterwards.I'll make sure my nephew is a Bison fan through and through. Closest I'll ever get to wanting kids. I personally do not want kids for numerous reasons, but I'll make sure my nephew knows that the Bison will always be superior to his dad's (my brother) Gophers.

AmsterBison
January 13th, 2022, 11:36 AM
Ifanse was way better than I thought he'd be. He was very, very good.