PDA

View Full Version : FCS ADA Announces 2021 All-America Team

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2021, 03:29 PM
FCS Insider

The Division I Football Championship Subdivision Athletics Directors Association (FCS ADA), in coordination with the 15 FCS conference offices, is proud to announce the 2021 FCS ADA All-America Team.

The ninth annual award recognizes the top student-athletes from FCS institutions across 11 different positions. The 2021 class includes student-athletes from 10 different institutions, representing seven different conferences. Voting was conducted by a national panel, consisting of media and sports information directors.

Nicki Moore, president of the FCS ADA and the vice president and director of athletics at Colgate University reflected, "It was an honor to learn more about each of these remarkable football student-athlete nominees. From service in the community to undergraduate research, these student-athletes are not only performing at the highest level on the field of play - they are also taking full advantage of their educational opportunities in the classroom, on campus and in their communities. On behalf of the Football Championship Subdivision Athletics Directors Association, I extend my warmest congratulations and deepest respect to this year's FCS ADA All-America Team members."

From the 11 All-America Team honorees, an Offensive Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year will be announced on January 6, 2022, in advance of the FCS National Championship Game. The Offensive Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year recipients will be recognized at the FCS national championship contest in Frisco, Texas, during an on-field presentation.

The following student-athletes earned 2021 All-America laurels from the FCS ADA, as the top players from each of their positions:

Position

Name

Institution

Conference

QB

Eric Barriere

Eastern Washington

Big Sky Conference

RB

Quay Holmes

East Tennessee St.

Southern Conference

WR

Xavier Gipson

Stephen F. Austin

Western Athletic Conference

TE

Kemari Averett

Bethune-Cookman

SWAC

OL

Trevor Penning

Northern Iowa

Missouri Valley Football

PK

Ethan Ratke

James Madison

CAA

DL

Isaiah Chambers

McNeese

Southland Conference

LB

Troy Andersen

Montana State

Big Sky Conference

DB

Justin Ford

Montana

Big Sky Conference

RS

Montrell Washington

Samford

Southern Conference

P

Brian Buschini

Montana

Big Sky Conference

Of the 11 student-athletes, eight participated in the 2021 NCAA Division I Football Championship Playoff bracket, and two will play in the semifinals this weekend.