PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Semifinal: South Dakota State @ #8 Montana State

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2021, 10:50 PM
I believe these two met up in the 2014 first round of the playoffs that SDSU won and they also played a home/home in 2017 and 2018 that SDSU swept. This game will kick off at 12PM MT on Saturday 12/18 and will be televised nationally on ESPN2.

Added a few more stat categories to my team stats breakdown this week:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51742649645_25a08ac2bd_c.jpg

ysubigred
December 11th, 2021, 10:51 PM
I believe these two met up in the 2014 first round of the playoffs that SDSU won and I'm not sure if they've played outside of that recently. This game will kick off at 12PM MT on Saturday 12/18 and will be televised nationally on ESPN2.

I'll add a team stats breakdown to this post when the NCAA stats site updates tomorrow.SDSU 31 - 27

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2021, 10:53 PM
Should be a slugfest. SDSU in a close one.

oilcan
December 11th, 2021, 10:54 PM
Last time these two met was 9/9/2017 Jacks won 31-27 in Brookings https://gojacks.com/news/2017/9/9/football-jackrabbits-hold-off-montana-state.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeattleCat
December 11th, 2021, 11:00 PM
#Believe

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2021, 11:00 PM
Last time these two met was 9/9/2017 Jacks won 31-27 in Brookings https://gojacks.com/news/2017/9/9/football-jackrabbits-hold-off-montana-state.aspx

Thanks, looks like that game was actually in Bozeman and then they played in Brookings in 2018 in a game that SDSU won easily.

oilcan
December 11th, 2021, 11:02 PM
Wasn’t that meeting part of the Big Sky/MVFC matchup? Maybe that is why no home/home game in return?

oilcan
December 11th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Was this part of the Big Sky/MVFC game matchup, hence no return home game for MSU?

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2021, 11:04 PM
Wasn’t that meeting part of the Big Sky/MVFC matchup? Maybe that is why no home/home game in return?

Sorry, edited my post when I noticed they played in Brookings in 2018 in a game SDSU dominated. Looks like that game you mentioned in 2017 was actually in Bozeman. That MVFC/Big Sky matchup stuff was basically just the conferences taking credit for several individual schools in each conference scheduling each other independently.

POD Knows
December 11th, 2021, 11:16 PM
I don’t like that MSU offense. Too predictable. I think SDSU wins this pretty easily.

Born Rabbit Fan
December 11th, 2021, 11:32 PM
MSU will need assistance from the jacks to win this game. I think it will be very difficult for them otherwise. their defense is outstanding but i think the jacks still WILL run on them as long as they stay committed to the run.

Oladokun and Janke finally connected again for a long pass play. that has been a BIG struggle after the first few games this year, BUT today they finally realized that you are NOT required to throw the homerun ball EVERY time you use play action. very effectively threw for much smaller but solid gains on early downs today.

If the jacks continue to do an excellent job of not turning the ball over and they commit to the run, then chances are very very high they come out on top. it would also be helpful if PSJ can play. perhaps without him the coaches are tempted to use the passing game a little more to keep Davis from having to carry 30 times

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2021, 11:35 PM
I don’t like that MSU offense. Too predictable. I think SDSU wins this pretty easily.
Looks a lot like the Quincy Patterson led NDSU offense. Mellott looked good tonight throwing the ball downfield but rarely threw short to intermediate routes. Teams found out pretty quickly you can blitz that offense to death by not giving the QB enough time to throw downfield or enough space amongst the blitzers to find running lanes.

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 12:02 AM
Isaiah is going to EARN every single yard he gets in this game. If you’re wondering which one I’m talking like about, the answer is yes.

dewey
December 12th, 2021, 12:24 AM
Isaiah is going to EARN every single yard he gets in this game. If you’re wondering which one I’m talking like about, the answer is yes.

LOL! Well said. 2 very stout defenses.

Dewey

CopperCat
December 12th, 2021, 12:28 AM
Looks a lot like the Quincy Patterson led NDSU offense. Mellott looked good tonight throwing the ball downfield but rarely threw short to intermediate routes. Teams found out pretty quickly you can blitz that offense to death by not giving the QB enough time to throw downfield or enough space amongst the blitzers to find running lanes.

That was before Touchdown Tommy took over.......

But nobody here will acknowledge that.

Utgrizfan
December 12th, 2021, 12:34 AM
This will be a slug fest, it's going to come down to execution and limiting mistakes. Going to go with the Bobcats at home 31-28

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 12th, 2021, 12:42 AM
A big key for Montana State is keeping their emotions in check. This was a huge win tonight and Bozeman will be buzzing for the next week. They'll be patted on the back and coddled (trust me, the locals love to slurp their Bobcats), asked for interviews/pictures for the next 5-6 days. The staff will really have to keep the team focused on the task at hand. SDSU has been on a two week business trip across the country. They'll arrive in Bozeman with a job to do. The Bobcats better be ready....

SoDakSA
December 12th, 2021, 02:00 AM
Not the matchup that I would have preferred, but should be a great game. May have to make the trip west

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2021, 04:31 AM

You didn’t see the first TD last night? This TD Tommy guy changes everything

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 05:52 AM
Both teams rank in the top 8 in rushing offense and in the top 13 in rushing defense. This is going to be a good old fashioned slobber knocker with ~75% of the game played inside a phone booth.

SDSU is going to be a slight favorite if Pierre Strong Jr. is back for this game, MSU a slight favorite if he's out.

clawman
December 12th, 2021, 06:03 AM
To compare this Bobcat vs Jacks game with previous years is totally irrelevant. Even the Cats now vs regular season is not a valid comparison. With Tommy @ QB the offense if very different and I suspect the game plan will continue to evolve as he gets more familiar. I think there will be different looks each game.
I'll take the Cats in this one due to home field, less travel in the last three weeks and touchdown Tommy!

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 06:08 AM
Sam Houston vs SDSU would've probably been a good game between two good teams, but the setting in Bozeman will make for a much better environment. Coupled with the Friday night game in Fargo the semifinals will make a very nice showcase for the FCS.

mmiller_34
December 12th, 2021, 07:52 AM
Should be a slugfest. SDSU in a close one.

We don't win close games.

mmiller_34
December 12th, 2021, 07:53 AM
MSU will need assistance from the jacks to win this game. I think it will be very difficult for them otherwise. their defense is outstanding but i think the jacks still WILL run on them as long as they stay committed to the run.

Oladokun and Janke finally connected again for a long pass play. that has been a BIG struggle after the first few games this year, BUT today they finally realized that you are NOT required to throw the homerun ball EVERY time you use play action. very effectively threw for much smaller but solid gains on early downs today.

If the jacks continue to do an excellent job of not turning the ball over and they commit to the run, then chances are very very high they come out on top. it would also be helpful if PSJ can play. perhaps without him the coaches are tempted to use the passing game a little more to keep Davis from having to carry 30 times

You're overthinking this. Let me help:

We will lose.

mvemjsunpx
December 12th, 2021, 08:34 AM
Which will happen first:

1. Tommy Mellott turns back into a pumpkin?

2. The Jackrabbits' inability to play a full 60 minutes bites them in the ass?

xchinscratchx

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2021, 08:42 AM
Which will happen first:

xchinscratchx
You'd think being on the road has to catch up with them eventually also. This will be their 25th game in the last 43 weeks (which is just bananas to think about - the commentators for the SHSU/MSU game last night were sure SHSU ran out of gas in game 22), 13th straight week without a bye, and 3rd straight road game. Then again I thought it would catch up with them last week so what do I know....

JacksFan40
December 12th, 2021, 08:50 AM
No similar opponents between the two as Montana State didn’t play either UC-Davis or Sac State. Should be a good game, but I’m taking SDSU 27-24.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2021, 09:00 AM
Sam Houston vs SDSU would've probably been a good game between two good teams, but the setting in Bozeman will make for a much better environment. Coupled with the Friday night game in Fargo the semifinals will make a very nice showcase for the FCS.

Nah, AGS and Fargo as well have seen enough of that dreary dome, rest of the country doesn’t give a damn

POD Knows
December 12th, 2021, 09:13 AM
Not really. He doesn’t have that much of an arm. Those were 50/50 balls and MSU got them. He is a decent QB, good runner, we will see. I hope MSU wins. Most of my memories of MSU is when they rolled into Fargo with hype and got “”rolled”. Cats don’t change their spots that much.

I do like the MSU D except for the plays where they forgot to tackle. Could be a low scoring game as both teams like to run and both D’s are pretty good against the run

POD Knows
December 12th, 2021, 09:18 AM
Which will happen first:

xchinscratchx
How far can this Mullet guy physically throw a football? Those “teardrops” he was throwing looked like they went about 35 yards in the air and he appeared to be putting a fair amount of effort into each throw. I am just curious what kind of arm he actually has.

Bobcat99
December 12th, 2021, 09:20 AM
Not really. He doesn’t have that much of an arm. Those were 50/50 balls and MSU got them. He is a decent QB, good runner, we will see. I hope MSU wins. Most of my memories of MSU is when they rolled into Fargo with hype and got “”rolled”. Cats don’t change their spots that much.

I do like the MSU D except for the plays where they forgot to tackle. Could be a low scoring game as both teams like to run and both D’s are pretty good against the run

With hype?

We all knew the last couple times we’ve played NDSU that we would lose. You’re almost as bad as UM fans. Just because we like our team isn’t a personal insult to y’all.

SoDakSA
December 12th, 2021, 09:20 AM
Both teams rank in the top 8 in rushing offense and in the top 13 in rushing defense. This is going to be a good old fashioned slobber knocker with ~75% of the game played inside a phone booth.

SDSU is going to be a slight favorite if Pierre Strong Jr. is back for this game, MSU a slight favorite if he's out.

I think having Davis as the main RB is the best thing for this offense. He's probably the freshest guy on the team. I hope that Strong is good to go, but the Jacks are pretty gifted in that room.

As always, this game comes down to line play. MSU's defensive line was the difference last night. SDSU is going to have to be able to pass to keep the defense honest, and if they can't pass protect they won't win

Bobcat99
December 12th, 2021, 09:21 AM
If Benson, Okada, and Andersen aren’t healthy, I don’t see how the Bobcats pull this out. They need those guys on defense to win.

mmiller_34
December 12th, 2021, 10:24 AM
How far can this Mullet guy physically throw a football? Those “teardrops” he was throwing looked like they went about 35 yards in the air and he appeared to be putting a fair amount of effort into each throw. I am just curious what kind of arm he actually has.

He is going to rip us apart next week:

22/28 for 275 and 5 TDs + 175 rush and 3 TDs. BookIt.

POD Knows
December 12th, 2021, 11:08 AM

I hope you are correct but you aren’t. Touchdown Tommy will soon be known as turnover Tommy. It will be so bad that the Irish in that part of the country will market a new breakfast/lunch/dinner turnover filled with whatever swill Irish people eat and Turnover Tommie will rake in the bucks selling his likeness and brand. #BOOKIT

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2021, 11:22 AM

I hope you are correct but you aren’t. Touchdown Tommy will soon be known as turnover Tommy. It will be so bad that the Irish in that part of the country will market a new breakfast/lunch/dinner turnover filled with whatever swill Irish people eat and Turnover Tommie will rake in the bucks selling his likeness and brand. #BOOKIT
https://dorksideoftheforce.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/319/files/2017/08/image.gif

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 01:31 PM

What will he do in the 2nd half?

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 01:52 PM
Bobcats sell out the semifinal game within about 12 hours after last nights game ended.

https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/267378451_4675173302558595_3357823179005306658_n.j pg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_eui2=AeEBUqK0mKhYgAqmvNUIXdajHgM1pDpMotEeAzWkO kyi0WVSyZiSda0vZJFT4JD28xs&_nc_ohc=kFSdBsbPXJ0AX9MOX3l&tn=LkU0MI-m4TVQlYOr&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=404895cdf85003e8f486ecf9227ddc10&oe=61BBEE22

SeattleCat
December 12th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Bobcats sell out the semifinal game within about 12 hours after last nights game ended.

https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/267378451_4675173302558595_3357823179005306658_n.j pg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_eui2=AeEBUqK0mKhYgAqmvNUIXdajHgM1pDpMotEeAzWkO kyi0WVSyZiSda0vZJFT4JD28xs&_nc_ohc=kFSdBsbPXJ0AX9MOX3l&tn=LkU0MI-m4TVQlYOr&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=404895cdf85003e8f486ecf9227ddc10&oe=61BBEE22

Hottest thing in Montana right now, expect possible record attendance. Go Cats!

mmiller_34
December 12th, 2021, 03:43 PM
https://dorksideoftheforce.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/319/files/2017/08/image.gif

https://media4.giphy.com/media/fX8771PO1eATJz6r4R/giphy.gif

Hope our wizardry is as entertaining for others as it is for us.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy gets it.

CopperCat
December 12th, 2021, 06:25 PM

His post history indicates an anti-MSU sentiment all around.

CopperCat
December 12th, 2021, 06:27 PM

You need to get off your high horse and let the teams settle it on the field. And lay off the egg nog for a bit.

POD Knows
December 12th, 2021, 06:30 PM
You need to get off your high horse and let the teams settle it on the field. And lay off the egg nog for a bit.
LMFAO. You have no clue, do you?

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 06:48 PM
With hype?

We all knew the last couple times we’ve played NDSU that we would lose. You’re almost as bad as UM fans. Just because we like our team isn’t a personal insult to y’all.

The semifinal game had some hype, especially considering the clunker we had the week before beating Illinois State 9-3.

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 06:48 PM
LMFAO. You have no clue, do you?

He really doesn’t.

Bobcat99
December 12th, 2021, 07:50 PM
He really doesn’t.
Some of my brethren are rather dense. Apologies.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2021, 09:46 AM
SDSU opens as a 6 point favorite with an O/U of 47.5 on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php).

mvfcfan
December 13th, 2021, 09:52 AM
Go Rabbits! I think NDSU wins against James Madison, but this game has me nervous. Hopefully Pierre Strong Jr is back for this game.

MSUBobcat
December 13th, 2021, 09:53 AM
SDSU opens as a 6 point favorite with an O/U of 47.5 on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php).

I'll be taking MSU and giving up points. Not sure how many quite yet.

100%GRIZ
December 13th, 2021, 10:01 AM
11 - 8 Rabbits

F'N Hawks
December 13th, 2021, 10:22 AM
Are the Griz back?

Silenoz
December 13th, 2021, 10:33 AM
Are the Griz back?
We're getting there. MSU's rise can only push us to continue to get better.

Kinda like how NDSU pushed you to get better. Er, wait...

Grizalltheway
December 13th, 2021, 10:34 AM
Are the Griz back?

Maybe. The QB situation next year looks pretty shaky unless we get a Dalton Sneed-type transfer.

MSUBobcat
December 13th, 2021, 12:10 PM
Maybe. The QB situation next year looks pretty shaky unless we get a Dalton Sneed-type transfer.

The drop off from Humphrey (who isn't exactly a top-tier QB to begin with) to Brown and Patterson was shocking. Earlier this year, with how Griz fans seemed to want Brown to get a shot with Cam not lighting the world on fire, I really expected a lot more. What's Daniel Britt's story? Any chance he steals the job? From what I've seen Brown and Patterson are far from a shoe-in for the starters (barring any transfer coming in).

ysubigred
December 13th, 2021, 12:24 PM

2nd half!! That's 1st qtr stats.. Someone said TD Tom got write in Heisman votes for what he did at Sammy skipped right over the Payton... Scarry!! xdrunkyx

MSUBobcat
December 13th, 2021, 12:35 PM
F*&%ing scalpers. Not a lot being listed on vividseats.com (the site linked on ESPN's schedule for "Tickets as low as $133"). Snapped up tickets they had no intention of using and now selling tickets in the EZ that were $23 (including fees) for the UT-M game and trying to flip them for a minimum of nearly 6x what they paid. The cheapest sideline seats are $212 (sold for $46, fees included, for the UT-M game). As much as I want a complete sellout, I hope these pricks have to eat those few tickets.

POD Knows
December 13th, 2021, 12:46 PM
F*&%ing scalpers. Not a lot being listed on vividseats.com (the site linked on ESPN's schedule for "Tickets as low as $133"). Snapped up tickets they had no intention of using and now selling tickets in the EZ that were $23 (including fees) for the UT-M game and trying to flip them for a minimum of nearly 6x what they paid. The cheapest sideline seats are $212 (sold for $46, fees included, for the UT-M game). As much as I want a complete sellout, I hope these pricks have to eat those few tickets.
We had rule in our group of 9 that if you weren’t going to use your ticket that you had to sell it to another Bison fan at face value. No scalping or you were gone. We had one situation at an SDSU game where two SDSU guys sat in our seats. Nice guys but WTF. Found out that the Bison fan, outside our group, bought two tickets from one of our guys at face value and scalped them. What a **** stick.

I did sell a ticket to a Jacks fan that I know once at face value. We blew them out and it was worth it to watch his suffering.

MSUBobcat
December 13th, 2021, 01:09 PM
We had rule in our group of 9 that if you weren’t going to use your ticket that you had to sell it to another Bison fan at face value. No scalping or you were gone. We had one situation at an SDSU game where two SDSU guys sat in our seats. Nice guys but WTF. Found out that the Bison fan, outside our group, bought two tickets from one of our guys at face value and scalped them. What a **** stick.

I did sell a ticket to a Jacks fan that I know once at face value. We blew them out and it was worth it to watch his suffering.

I like that "policy". Since these were open to the public, could be a $#itbag from anywhere. Season ticket holders have about 5 hours to claim their seats, so I still have hope that I can find some at a reasonable price. We had to put down a pooch unexpected on the day of our last home playoff game against Martin, so there was about an $700 surprise in cash outflow - not a crushing amount, but not nothing either. This Saturday is my other German Shepherd's 13th birthday, so maybe the universe is telling us to stay home.

Edit: someone recently added FOURTEEN tickets in an EZ section (the $23 variety) for $199 each. I hope that guy gets F^(%ED. Trying to sell $322 worth of tickets for nearly $2,800. What a douche canoe. I hope his kids never learn to read. And if they already know how to read, I hope they forget.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2021, 02:52 PM
What's Pierre Strong's status for the game? What's the weather conditions supposed to be like in Bozeman on Saturday?

MSUBobcat
December 13th, 2021, 03:15 PM
What's Pierre Strong's status for the game? What's the weather conditions supposed to be like in Bozeman on Saturday?

Currently, weather shouldn't be too much of a factor - High 39, winds 10-20, only 24% chance of precip. BUT... it's only Monday, so expect that to change to 20 degrees, winds 5-10 and a blizzard. Or to 55 degrees, gale force winds and 0% chance of precip. These days, anything more than 48 hours out, maaaaaybe 72, you might as well let a monkey throw a dart at a board for your weather prediction. It has just as much chance of being right.

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2021, 03:23 PM

I’d guess we’ll all find out Saturday about PSJ.

Mfergy4
December 13th, 2021, 03:24 PM
Do the bunnies still have gas in the tank for another Time Zone change game; does Vigen still have the magic to beat Stig? I rolled the dice and they just jumped off the table and down the heat register, flipped the coin and it rolled after the dice...tarot card just caught fire...ouija board, triangle froze in place...Crystal Ball cracked...what the heck! So just pulling for a the conference show down - the bunnies to squeak out the win.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2021, 03:27 PM
Do the bunnies still have gas in the tank for another Time Zone change game; does Vigen still have the magic to beat Stig? I rolled the dice and they just jumped off the table and down the heat register, flipped the coin and it rolled after the dice...tarot card just caught fire...ouija board, triangle froze in place...Crystal Ball cracked...what the heck! So just pulling for a the conference show down - the bunnies to squeak out the win.
You bringing up time zones made me realize that if SDSU wins on Saturday they'll have won a playoff game in every time zone in the continental US during this postseason. Pretty sure that would be a feat that would be nearly impossible to equal.

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2021, 03:33 PM
You bringing up time zones made me realize that if SDSU wins on Saturday they'll have won a playoff game in every time zone in the continental US during this postseason. Pretty sure that would be a feat that would be nearly impossible to equal.

Only PC comes up with that stat!

Mfergy4
December 13th, 2021, 03:36 PM

Biggest Challenge there is is Time Zone Travel and adjustments....just saying.

peavy
December 13th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Stop tainting the legacy of Touchdown Tommy with the Hill, Tebow, and Streveler comparisons!

MSUBobcat
December 13th, 2021, 04:24 PM
Biggest Challenge there is is Time Zone Travel and adjustments....just saying.

It's only an hour and they're gaining the hour. That shouldn't be much of a factor.

SeattleCat
December 13th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Bobcats win, by a hare.

MSUBobcat
December 13th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Bobcats win, by a hare.

Normally, I think puns are the lowest form of humor. But for a Bobcat win prediction, I'll allow it. Have some rep points xthumbsupx

mmiller_34
December 13th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Bobcats win, by a hare.

100%

My guess MSU 38, SDSU 10.

My Jacks just won't have enough in the tank.

MSUBobcat
December 13th, 2021, 04:48 PM
100%

There's sandbaggers, and then there's mmiller_34 who can singlehandedly protect the banks of the Red River valley from springtime flooding.

Mfergy4
December 13th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Bobcats win, by a hare.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Daytripper
December 13th, 2021, 05:16 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/msriR5ybSpQgo/giphy.gif

POD Knows
December 13th, 2021, 05:24 PM
100%

Wow. That is giving sandbagging a bad name.

mmiller_34
December 13th, 2021, 06:28 PM
Wow. That is giving sandbagging a bad name.

[emoji107]

Facts:

Montana State

- Historic Playoff win
- Soldout crowd in less than an hour
- Touchdown Tommy emergence
- Bozeman, Montana

South Dakota State

- Lost to USD on Hail Mary
- Lost to UNI on Hobo Day (soundly)
- Lost to SIU in OT
- A million miles to travel
- Stig just got extension
- Pierre Strong likely out
- Never won an away Semifinal
- Gibbs went down on first drive vs NDSU in 2019
- Once had trailers as players meeting rooms

What more do you want me to say?? We are in every way over matched.

[emoji2369]

mmiller_34
December 13th, 2021, 06:30 PM
There's sandbaggers, and then there's mmiller_34 who can singlehandedly protect the banks of the Red River valley from springtime flooding.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/26tnc3mxIGTogVdbG/giphy.gif

POD Knows
December 13th, 2021, 06:43 PM
[emoji107]

Facts:

Montana State

- Historic Playoff win
- Bozeman, Montana

South Dakota State

- Lost to SIU in OT

[emoji2369]

Well. You could have added more **** about Brookings vs Bozeman. The fact that Nicks Burgers is the best place to eat in Brookings. And people go to Madison and Sioux Falls for entertainment and decent golf. I don’t know. You didn’t try that hard there.

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2021, 06:54 PM
[emoji107]

Facts:

Montana State

- Historic Playoff win
- Bozeman, Montana

South Dakota State

- Lost to SIU in OT

[emoji2369]

You forgot Flannel Fridays

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2021, 07:10 PM
[emoji107]

Facts:

Montana State

- Historic Playoff win
- Bozeman, Montana

South Dakota State

- Lost to SIU in OT

[emoji2369]

If a pillow fight breaks out I expect you would dominate that.

SoDakSA
December 13th, 2021, 07:14 PM

How often in the FCS playoffs has the unseeded team been favored in every game? I'm a Jackrabbit fan and even I think 6 is a stretch. I think this game is more of the 24-21 type games.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2021, 09:56 PM
[emoji107]

Facts:

Montana State

- Historic Playoff win
- Bozeman, Montana

South Dakota State

- Lost to SIU in OT

[emoji2369]

unprecedented tendency for turnovers in semi finals ?

peavy
December 13th, 2021, 11:39 PM
[emoji107]

Facts:

Montana State

- Historic Playoff win
- Bozeman, Montana

South Dakota State

- Lost to SIU in OT

[emoji2369]

I think we have them on the ice cream front. The bit about cookies and cream is usually one of the first squares to be covered on the SDSU national broadcast bingo sheet

Born Rabbit Fan
December 14th, 2021, 04:40 AM
unprecedented tendency for turnovers in semi finals ?

i would definitely NOT take anything for granted, but it seems we have turned the turnover situation around. i do not recall any tendency for turnovers in the semifinals last year. do you?? perhaps you watched that game?

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2021, 06:04 AM
i would definitely NOT take anything for granted, but it seems we have turned the turnover situation around. i do not recall any tendency for turnovers in the semifinals last year. do you?? perhaps you watched that game?

I sure did and knew what was coming

my post was more in jest because mmiller is known for his sandbagging and was just trying to help him out

MSUBobcat
December 14th, 2021, 09:28 AM

Accurate depiction...

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2021, 09:49 AM

that ain’t no river, that is the deep blue pond

MSUBobcat
December 14th, 2021, 10:01 AM
that ain’t no river, that is the deep blue pond

mmiller_34's sandbagging is better than the levee system in Nawlins.

MSUBobcat
December 14th, 2021, 10:26 AM

Any degenerate gamblers out there? 5dimes appears to be blocked on my computer and phone? Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Maybe a MT thing since they developed their own sports betting? Just asking because MT Sports Bet has SDSU as only 3.5 pt favorites so obviously if I'm betting on the Cats, I'd rather use the site that is calling the Rabbits a bigger favorite.

SU DOG
December 14th, 2021, 10:42 AM
I'm way out of my league here (without much researching on these good teams) and way out of my time zone, so I'm no expert on who gets the W. I became an SDSU fan when our Samford QB Chris Oladokun went to the Jacks. He is a very talented player who can give a defense fits. To be honest, it seems to me that Chris might be used more on keepers off the option read and in throwing quick routes. This opinion, however, comes with my admission that I don't know much about the receivers or game schemes. If Strong is ready, then that certainly changes the idea of Chris running much. Just want to say, "GO JACKS" and Good Luck Chris.

Chalupa Batman
December 14th, 2021, 12:13 PM
I'm way out of my league here (without much researching on these good teams) and way out of my time zone, so I'm no expert on who gets the W. I became an SDSU fan when our Samford QB Chris Oladokun went to the Jacks. He is a very talented player who can give a defense fits. To be honest, it seems to me that Chris might be used more on keepers off the option read and in throwing quick routes. This opinion, however, comes with my admission that I don't know much about the receivers or game schemes. If Strong is ready, then that certainly changes the idea of Chris running much. Just want to say, "GO JACKS" and Good Luck Chris.

I've been wondering all season long when they'll let him run more. I skimmed a few of his Samford games on Youtube a while back and he is a good, but not great, runner. I've always assumed he's being told to limit the runs to reduce his risk of injury. In the playoffs it's looked like he's more willing to scramble, though there still aren't any designed runs for him. At some point I expect to see him run on some keepers off the read-option look. Of course, it helps that they have weapons all over the field (solid WR's, excellent TE's, and RB's are solid receiving options as well) for him to throw to so it's not like they've needed him to run much as a compliment to Strong & Davis.

MSUBobcat
December 14th, 2021, 12:52 PM
MFer... students snapped up all their tickets. Only the unclaimed season tickets will be available, starting in 9 minutes.

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/12/14/limited-semifinal-football-tickets-available-at-noon-today.aspx

****!!!! 32356

Damn, I suck at posting pics/vids....

Anyone know when SDSU would release their unsold allotment, or if they sold them all???

MSUBobcat
December 14th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Damn.... the place is going to be ROCKING. Even SRO tickets are sold out. Nice work, Bobcat Nation! Sucks for me tho!

Catbooster
December 14th, 2021, 01:44 PM
The game is after the end of the semester and graduation but MSU is keeping the dining halls and dorms open for a few extra days so the students can attend.

Laker
December 14th, 2021, 08:10 PM
Sorry, edited my post when I noticed they played in Brookings in 2018 in a game SDSU dominated. Looks like that game you mentioned in 2017 was actually in Bozeman. That MVFC/Big Sky matchup stuff was basically just the conferences taking credit for several individual schools in each conference scheduling each other independently.

Yes, I was at that game in Brookings. Second one of the day for me- drove up 1-29 from Sioux Falls after MSU Mankato topped Augie. Always fun to see multiple games in person, but it can get tiring.

SeattleCat
December 14th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Complete sellout on the Bobcat side even SRO tickets. Only thing left is what SDSU hasn't sold from their allotment. I Image half of Butte will show up to see their native son Touchdown Tommy.

SeattleCat
December 14th, 2021, 08:40 PM
https://twitter.com/CPoolReporter/status/1470479184069804039

SeattleCat
December 14th, 2021, 08:43 PM
A slight F-U from Butte to the Bobcat Coaches for not starting Tommy at QB to start the season, it's also about what a great kid Tommy is.

https://buttesports.com/we-told-you-our-boy-tommy-was-something-special/

peavy
December 14th, 2021, 09:49 PM
A slight F-U from Butte to the Bobcat Coaches for not starting Tommy at QB to start the season, it's also about what a great kid Tommy is.

https://buttesports.com/we-told-you-our-boy-tommy-was-something-special/

The Hallmark movie script almost writes itself.

In all seriousness, that's a nice article about a great athlete and better human being who has basically risen to a cult-like status (at least on the message boards) in two weeks to those outside of Butte. I can understand why given how he's performed and how the previous starter left. I can't imagine the pressure on his shoulders to succeed this upcoming weekend.

I didn't realize he only had 11 attempts last week. I know there wasn't a ton of need to pass given the circumstances, but I hope he ends up being the full package and not another qb with wheels whose arm is disguised by good play calling, athletic receivers, and poor coverage. Even though I hope the Jacks win this Saturday, I'm all-in on Touchdown Tommy-mania and can't wait to see what his future holds and where he ends up deciding to take his talents to next after he wins the Walter Payton Award... just kidding

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 14th, 2021, 09:53 PM
Yes, I was at that game in Brookings. Second one of the day for me- drove up 1-29 from Sioux Falls after MSU Mankato topped Augie. Always fun to see multiple games in person, but it can get tiring.

How many miles do you drive a year?!?! xrotatehxxbowx

Seriously, it can be a joy to hop on the highway in the that part of country and cover some miles. Anything more than 50 mile or so drive in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic can be torture.

Chalupa Batman
December 14th, 2021, 10:14 PM
How many miles do you drive a year?!?! xrotatehxxbowx

Seriously, it can be a joy to hop on the highway in the that part of country and cover some miles. Anything more than 50 mile or so drive in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic can be torture.

I've never driven in the east so I don't know what that's like, but it is not uncommon here for people to just go out for a drive if their bored.

ST_Lawson
December 14th, 2021, 11:11 PM
Anything more than 50 mile or so drive in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic can be torture.

My family and I drove over 50 miles after work today just to spend 15 minutes singing Christmas carols to someone. There's plenty of people in our area where that's their daily commute (and we're nowhere near as sparse as the Dakotas, Montana, etc.).

Sioux Falls to Brookings...that's like less than an hour...practically nothing.

Catbooster
December 14th, 2021, 11:21 PM
My family and I drove over 50 miles after work today just to spend 15 minutes singing Christmas carols to someone. There's plenty of people in our area where that's their daily commute (and we're nowhere near as sparse as the Dakotas, Montana, etc.).
With the price of housing around here people are commuting farther. I'm sure it's nothing like commuting 30-40 miles in the traffic other places, but I don't envy them when they have to go over a pass after a winter storm.

SDFS
December 15th, 2021, 08:54 AM
[emoji107]

Facts:

Montana State

- Historic Playoff win
- Bozeman, Montana

South Dakota State

- Lost to SIU in OT

You forgot stripped of the mighty "Cow Bell"
SDSU got a lucky win over UND and they were a play away from being a .500 valley team with only 6 DI wins - they were nearly out of the playoffs all together.

Bobcats roll to an easy win #BOOK IT

wapiti
December 15th, 2021, 09:44 AM
I live about 4 miles south of Bozeman.
This morning I have 8 to 10 inches of snow in my yard.
Roads may be icy for those that are driving over. Give yourself extra driving time and be careful.
You have more time then money.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 15th, 2021, 10:04 AM
With the price of housing around here people are commuting farther. I'm sure it's nothing like commuting 30-40 miles in the traffic other places, but I don't envy them when they have to go over a pass after a winter storm.

I lived in Belgrade when I worked at Black Bull. Bozeman was simply too expensive for a single guy. Even so, there were some white knuckle drives down Jackrabbit in the winter! I would never live in Three Forks or Livingston and work in the Bozeman area.

I have to believe the Gallatin Valley is stoked! I was out there when they played Stony Brook and SHSU at home which was a big deal. This should be at another level....

MSUBobcat
December 15th, 2021, 11:02 AM
ESPN's preview for the game (https://www.espn.com/college-football/preview/_/gameId/401391354), showing its fondness for FCS football, lists as the first Montana State "Players to Watch"...... Matthew McKay. Always with their finger on the pulse of FCS football. Maybe they'll pronounce Mellott's name correctly this time at least. xrolleyesx

Bobcat99
December 15th, 2021, 11:21 AM
I lived in Belgrade when I worked at Black Bull. Bozeman was simply too expensive for a single guy. Even so, there were some white knuckle drives down Jackrabbit in the winter! I would never live in Three Forks or Livingston and work in the Bozeman area.

I have to believe the Gallatin Valley is stoked! I was out there when they played Stony Brook and SHSU at home which was a big deal. This should be at another level....

Three Forks to Bozeman is a cake walk. Most of it is interstate travel, no passes, and you don’t have to deal with the pricks that reside in Bozeman. Belgrade ain’t bad, but the traffic there is bad (for the area).

Bronco
December 15th, 2021, 12:07 PM
ESPN on Saturday Night also identified the wrong coach as the head man.

But if fans don't care enough to show up in Texas why should ESPN

Click to enlarge

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2021, 02:23 PM
ESPN on Saturday Night also identified the wrong coach as the head man.

But if fans don't care enough to show up in Texas why should ESPN

Click to enlarge

Haha, I was laughing about that while watching. And they did it multiple times showing that same guy not just once.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2021, 05:01 PM
For the second consecutive week Montana State might be playing a team with a lame duck OC:

https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/1471204516288770049

mmiller_34
December 15th, 2021, 06:28 PM
You forgot stripped of the mighty "Cow Bell"
SDSU got a lucky win over UND and they were a play away from being a .500 valley team with only 6 DI wins - they were nearly out of the playoffs all together.

Bobcats roll to an easy win #BOOK IT

On point [emoji817]

X-Factor
December 15th, 2021, 06:36 PM
Any degenerate gamblers out there? 5dimes appears to be blocked on my computer and phone? Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Maybe a MT thing since they developed their own sports betting? Just asking because MT Sports Bet has SDSU as only 3.5 pt favorites so obviously if I'm betting on the Cats, I'd rather use the site that is calling the Rabbits a bigger favorite.

Have you tried using a VPN set to another location? Maybe they will still block it using a Montana address credit card, but worth a try

SDFS
December 15th, 2021, 06:54 PM
On point [emoji817]

Full disclosure - I picked SDSU in the poll to win. I think that is still "On point".

Panther88
December 16th, 2021, 09:07 AM
Here the threads are.

*bumped*

So they get the attention they deserve.

wapiti
December 16th, 2021, 09:39 AM
Here the threads are.

*bumped*

So they get the attention they deserve.

So why are you bumping it?

Do you have nothing to say on another thread you would like to have more attention?

Panther88
December 16th, 2021, 11:06 AM
Full disclosure - I picked SDSU in the poll to win. I think that is still "On point".

Sir, the moose avvy wants to know why you are responding to a public thread on a public MB.

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2021, 11:15 AM
Currently, weather shouldn't be too much of a factor - High 39, winds 10-20, only 24% chance of precip. BUT... it's only Monday, so expect that to change to 20 degrees, winds 5-10 and a blizzard. Or to 55 degrees, gale force winds and 0% chance of precip. These days, anything more than 48 hours out, maaaaaybe 72, you might as well let a monkey throw a dart at a board for your weather prediction. It has just as much chance of being right.

Approximately 2 days from kickoff, the forecast has come down 7 degrees to a high of 32, winds calmed to 5-10, almost no chance of precip (5%). Weather shouldn't be a factor for either team.

Edit: someone recently added FOURTEEN tickets in an EZ section (the $23 variety) for $199 each. I hope that guy gets F^(%ED. Trying to sell $322 worth of tickets for nearly $2,800. What a douche canoe. I hope his kids never learn to read. And if they already know how to read, I hope they forget.

Those 14 tickets are still available, down to $121. SRO have dropped from an astonishing $108 to only $34. With everyone holding firm and refusing to pay exorbitant prices, there's a good chance they will come down to a price acceptable to MSUBobcat. xshakefistx

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2021, 01:34 PM
Approximately 2 days from kickoff, the forecast has come down 7 degrees to a high of 32, winds calmed to 5-10, almost no chance of precip (5%). Weather shouldn't be a factor for either team.

Gonna be a brisk 27 degrees at kickoff, warming to it's high of 32 around the end of the game, but winds only 8mph.

Those 14 tickets are still available, down to $121. SRO have dropped from an astonishing $108 to only $34. With everyone holding firm and refusing to pay exorbitant prices, there's a good chance they will come down to a price acceptable to MSUBobcat. xshakefistx

We were able to get tickets on the visitor side around the 35-40, row 6 for (supposedly) face value of $75/ea. Didn't know there were different price levels of sideline seats but the seller was offering EZ seats for $20 and they were $23 after fees, so no reason to doubt her. Pretty sweet seats. Gonna be right in their earhole! Hoping to get half a clipboard! xsmiley_wix

The next 23 and a half hours are going to DRAG ON......

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 08:40 AM
Bump.. dam doesn't this game happen in a few hours?

Geeshhhh!

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 09:41 AM
Gonna be an all MVFC natty. #BOOKIT.

dewey
December 18th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Go Bobcats!

Dewey

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 09:54 AM
Go Bobcats!

Dewey

Bison fans always root for Big Sky teams in these games

such a mystery 😆

dewey
December 18th, 2021, 09:56 AM

such a mystery 😆

I don't want SDSU to have any success at all.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2021, 09:57 AM

such a mystery 

Not me. Valley all the way!

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 10:35 AM

such a mystery 
I have never understood voting for conference rival. Particularly one in your own recruiting footprint. I want MSU to smoke SDSU, but it won’t happen. I hope SDSU gets beat by 50 and has 10 turnovers.

Born Rabbit Fan
December 18th, 2021, 11:08 AM
I have never understood voting for conference rival. Particularly one in your own recruiting footprint. I want MSU to smoke SDSU, but it won’t happen. I hope SDSU gets beat by 50 and has 10 turnovers.

I can relate to this, but i wonder are you saying this simply because of the competition and not wanting conference rivals to have success and get better? OR are you saying you do not respect any of your conference rivals?

I always feel like when good programs, teams, players play often enough, it is inevitable that respect grows between them, which can become even admiration and/ or friendship, ala bird and magic

My respect for NDSU over the years has definitely grown, but the heart of it is definitely the cooperation and bond developed through making the move to D1 together while putting up with all the BS from the former ncc schools and local media

that said one of the reasons i doubt i will ever respect und or usd is the way they acted when we left for D1 only to turn around and walk a far easier path to D1 by staying directly on the path we paved.
so i get the whole hoping we get beat by 50. EVERY time usd plays anything i hope the opponent tears their heads off and craps down their neck.

but NDSU is too good of a school and athletic program. it would be a waste of time to hope anything like that and truly the rivalry between the two schools has only made them both better.

as far as the recruiting footprint, we probably have hurt your recruiting in SD. but i am not sure the two schools hurt each other much any place else. we compete for some kids in MN and WI but it does not feel like we are constantly knocking on the same doors. AND..... both schools seem to be doing ok recruiting and winning wise!!! i definitely imagined that everyone around NDSU wanted taryn pretty badly back in that day, but the fella you got instead seemed to do pretty well

dewey
December 18th, 2021, 11:19 AM
I have much respect for SDSU as they moved up with NDSU to Division 1 when many others thought they were foolish.

However, I do not want SDSU to have any success as it may adversely affect NDSU's ability to recruit.

No respect for the outhouse North of Fargo.

Dewey

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2021, 11:27 AM
I would rather meet SDSU in the championship, but think MSU will win.

Bison56
December 18th, 2021, 11:33 AM
Any links to watch the game since YouTube dumped ESPN?

peavy
December 18th, 2021, 11:44 AM
Any links to watch the game since YouTube dumped ESPN?

check pm

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 11:51 AM
Any links to watch the game since YouTube dumped ESPN?The game is on the duce..

Born Rabbit Fan
December 18th, 2021, 12:01 PM
I have much respect for SDSU as they moved up with NDSU to Division 1 when many others thought they were foolish.

However, I do not want SDSU to have any success as it may adversely affect NDSU's ability to recruit.

No respect for the outhouse North of Fargo.

Dewey

seems like we are on pretty much the same page. with maybe the small difference that i think it is good for both of us to have the other one keep getting stronger, but i definitely hear what you say!!

and you say outhouse. most often when i speak of the facility to the south. i say the **** hole to the south. i have NEVER respected them because they do not represent anything about SD. i have had many many former students and players recruited by them, so i know without a doubt they make fun of SD and SD values when they recruit. the entire thing should be transported into MN or maybe the boston area

the way they acted throughout the D1 move was simply the last nail in the coffin!

Congratulations on your trip to frisco, VERY COOL that you are going with your boys. planning to join you and take another step toward taking away your playground))

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 12:05 PM
I can relate to this, but i wonder are you saying this simply because of the competition and not wanting conference rivals to have success and get better? OR are you saying you do not respect any of your conference rivals?

I always feel like when good programs, teams, players play often enough, it is inevitable that respect grows between them, which can become even admiration and/ or friendship, ala bird and magic

My respect for NDSU over the years has definitely grown, but the heart of it is definitely the cooperation and bond developed through making the move to D1 together while putting up with all the BS from the former ncc schools and local media

that said one of the reasons i doubt i will ever respect und or usd is the way they acted when we left for D1 only to turn around and walk a far easier path to D1 by staying directly on the path we paved.
so i get the whole hoping we get beat by 50. EVERY time usd plays anything i hope the opponent tears their heads off and craps down their neck.

but NDSU is too good of a school and athletic program. it would be a waste of time to hope anything like that and truly the rivalry between the two schools has only made them both better.

as far as the recruiting footprint, we probably have hurt your recruiting in SD. but i am not sure the two schools hurt each other much any place else. we compete for some kids in MN and WI but it does not feel like we are constantly knocking on the same doors. AND..... both schools seem to be doing ok recruiting and winning wise!!! i definitely imagined that everyone around NDSU wanted taryn pretty badly back in that day, but the fella you got instead seemed to do pretty well
I respect the hell out of the SDSU program but you are our competition. Does Ford wish for GM to gain market share with some hope that it somehow improves their fortunes. And for the record, I root for SDSU over those hockey sweater wearing rubes from UND.

Born Rabbit Fan
December 18th, 2021, 12:10 PM
Anybody know, is there a reason the jacks could not have Gronowski available today and in frisco? i mean maybe he is still recovering, but he is definitely within a reasonable time frame to be back from an ACL

as i understand last year did not count, so he is still a true freshman. true freshman could play in 4 games without losing any eligibility. i mean i would think if Chris went down, they would gladly give up a year of eligibility to have Mark play in these two games, but if i am understanding it would not cost any eligibility

NOT expecting anything bad but the jacks have had a bit too disturbing of a trend of QB getting hurt early in big games, so just wondering about the possibilities

Bison56
December 18th, 2021, 12:13 PM
The game is on the duce..

Yeah I don't get that now either.. Absolutely ridiculous to pay for ESPN+ and not be able to watch games on the mothership, the duece, U, or news.

Chalupa Batman
December 18th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Ruh roh Bobcats fans!

https://mobile.twitter.com/CPoolReporter/status/1472265182554382343?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1472265182554382343%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Born Rabbit Fan
December 18th, 2021, 12:16 PM
I respect the hell out of the SDSU program but you are our competition. Does Ford wish for GM to gain market share with some hope that it somehow improves their fortunes. And for the record, I root for SDSU over those hockey sweater wearing rubes from UND.

Got it. my stance is only slightly different, but i respect the stance you have chosen!

along the line of my thinking, in theory it would be good for both of us if the U facilities in our state would also improve. but i will never cheer for that!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!! i cheer for you guys to kill both of those schools EVERY time. i dont want any students to get hurt of course but i would rather have the **** hole in the south get hit by a meteor than win a game of anything EVER

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Yeah I don't get that now either.. Absolutely ridiculous to pay for ESPN+ and not be able to watch games on the mothership, the duece, U, or news.Oh.. that sucks.

Born Rabbit Fan
December 18th, 2021, 12:23 PM
Ruh roh Bobcats fans!

https://mobile.twitter.com/CPoolReporter/status/1472265182554382343?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1472265182554382343%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

THAT SUCKS!!

if we play near what we are capable, we are going to beat them something similar to our semi final game last year. i would much much rather do that with them at full strength!! but injuries are part of the game and there is no getting around it.

i actually think they are very similar team to UD last year. an excellent defense that we are supposed to have trouble with and a dangerous but suspect offense. the differences- away vs home. and the MSU crowd will definitely be formidable, but if PSJ and Davis are running all over the place the crowd will very likely quiet down. the other difference Oladokun vs Gronowski. i guess we will see

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 12:31 PM
Got it. my stance is only slightly different, but i respect the stance you have chosen!

along the line of my thinking, in theory it would be good for both of us if the U facilities in our state would also improve. but i will never cheer for that!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!! i cheer for you guys to kill both of those schools EVERY time. i dont want any students to get hurt of course but i would rather have the **** hole in the south get hit by a meteor than win a game of anything EVER
I tried to be a UND hockey fan for a while when I lived in a different part of the state. My kids were in hockey and I like hockey. My fandom didn’t take as their fans are very cult like in their behavior. They are like an island on to themselves within their own college. Couple years of the bull**** was enough. I would laugh my ass off about them dissing FCS football while at the same time having a home series in hockey against Bemidji State or St Cloud State. They are certifiable. They won’t even embrace their new team name and refused to have it anywhere near the hockey program. Assholes all.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 12:53 PM
The game is on the duce..

Yea. This ****ing game on now is going to take 4 hours to finish. Another game were your might get to see 2/3 of a game if you are lucky. I can’t get those other garbage ESPN channels to see the part of the game that won’t be covered on ESPN2.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Yeah I don't get that now either.. Absolutely ridiculous to pay for ESPN+ and not be able to watch games on the mothership, the duece, U, or news.
Complete joke because now we are going to miss at least a quarter of the SDSU/MSU game because these two other bowl teams are trying to set a record for pass attempts.

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 12:55 PM
Yea. This ****ing game on now is going to take 4 hours to finish. Another game were your might get to see 2/3 of a game if you are lucky. I can’t get those other garbage ESPN channels to see the part of the game that won’t be covered on ESPN2.I believe the b ball game is over on the deuce just watching the offense bowl till they cut in to 1FCS game..

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 01:02 PM
Nice weather.. that my friends is football weather [emoji56]

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 01:03 PM
I believe the b ball game is over on the deuce just watching the offense bowl till they cut in to 1FCS game..

Yep. My bad

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Complete joke because now we are going to miss at least a quarter of the SDSU/MSU game because these two other bowl teams are trying to set a record for pass attempts.

I was so pizzed off watching that Bowl game and wanting it be over.... brutal

and the fake injuries are just hilariously cruel

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 01:13 PM
I was so pizzed off watching that Bowl game and wanting it be over.... brutal

and the fake injuries are just hilariously cruel
I got the game on now on ESPN2 but my audio and visual is about 2 seconds out of sync.

Also. That one out throw that the MSU QB made changed my mind about his arm. That was a laser.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 01:16 PM
SDSU on the march!

- - - Updated - - -

Yea. This ****ing game on now is going to take 4 hours to finish. Another game were your might get to see 2/3 of a game if you are lucky. I can’t get those other garbage ESPN channels to see the part of the game that won’t be covered on ESPN2.

I despise ESPN anymore. But, they have us by the balls....

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 01:19 PM
I got the game on now on ESPN2 but my audio and visual is about 2 seconds out of sync.

Also. That one out throw that the MSU QB made changed my mind about his arm. That was a laser.

**** me

ESPN and YouTube Tv can’t reach agreement so no game for me

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/18/22836949/disney-youtube-tv-channels-deal

As a result, their subscribers have lost access to our unrivaled portfolio of networks including live sports and news plus kids, family and general entertainment programming from ABC, the ESPN networks,

Bison56
December 18th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Love the pansy slide then gets up and points first down 3 yards short.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Oladokun had the first down if he didn’t slide so soon. Don’t disagree with going for it on 4th down though.

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2021, 01:23 PM
Just kicked a field goal for the other team

peavy
December 18th, 2021, 01:24 PM
**** me

As a result, their subscribers have lost access to our unrivaled portfolio of networks including live sports and news plus kids, family and general entertainment programming from ABC, the ESPN networks,
check inbox

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 01:26 PM
TD Bobcats!! Another huge passing play from TD Tommy!!!

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 01:26 PM
Great defense boys. Can’t stop the discount Taysom Hill.

SeattleCat
December 18th, 2021, 01:29 PM

Oh, man. Those are fighting words. I'd stay away from Butte Mt, you probably wouldnt make it out.

mmiller_34
Game over.

Called it.

peavy

pretty sure they'd rather liken him to Tebow or even Streveler. Hill's throwing numbers at BYU weren't pretty

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 01:33 PM
SDSU with a 40 yard TD run! Great answer!!

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 01:35 PM
pretty sure they'd rather liken him to Tebow or even Streveler. Hill's throwing numbers at BYU weren't pretty
Outside of that TD pass, his throws weren’t pretty. He’s a great runner but not a consistent passer so far, same as Taysom Hill.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Ok scrap that discount Taysom Hill statement because he’s ripping our secondary a new one now.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Ok scrap that discount Taysom Hill statement because he’s ripping our secondary a new one now.

'Nova had guys wide open last week. Tommy has been light years better than Smith in the playoffs....

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 01:43 PM
When the QB gets rid of the ball just let up, they will call that everytime.

Chalupa Batman
December 18th, 2021, 01:45 PM
That’s a generous spot on 4th down

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 01:45 PM
Terrible spot on 4th down. Refs had a terrible spot on the Oladokun slide earlier, these guys are blind.

Kemo
December 18th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Terrible spot on 4th down. Refs had a terrible spot on the Oladokun slide earlier, these guys are blind.

Just making it up as they go. That needs to be challenged too.

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2021, 01:53 PM
It looked pretty close to me. It wasn’t 2 yards off

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 01:57 PM
Such an easy throw to make there and Voss whiffs it.

EDIT: Who cares because TD Jason Janke!!

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Jacks have moved at will on this Bobcat defense. First drive would’ve been a TD as well if Oladokun doesn’t slide so soon.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 02:04 PM
TD Bobcats! The offenses are cooking in Bozeman!!

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 02:04 PM
If our defense could pull their heads out of there asses and start doing something they could stop him.

Chalupa Batman
December 18th, 2021, 02:07 PM
The people that bet the under aren’t feeling too confident right now

Bison56
December 18th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Wow nice tackle on the receiving team.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 02:09 PM
The Stigger loves these short yardage plays!

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 02:10 PM
That’s a new trick play.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 02:11 PM
Who gets the second half kickoff? I was a little late to the party....

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 02:13 PM
SDSU

peavy
December 18th, 2021, 02:13 PM
jacks

Grizalltheway
December 18th, 2021, 02:14 PM
**** me

Do a free trial of Fubo.

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Wow! We're watching "big boy" football...

Anybody miss that guy?

[emoji1787]

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Helluva kick! Great first half of football in Bozeman! This is college football at its best!....

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 02:18 PM
17 - 17 half time..

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Great kick by Frahm. Hopefully the Jacks have a 2nd half like last week.

mmiller_34
December 18th, 2021, 02:26 PM
One of these teams is going to take control. Too bad the season has to end for one of these teams.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Here we go!

Bison56
December 18th, 2021, 02:43 PM
#1 on MSU D doesn’t have arms? Terrible effort on that tackle.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Wow, I dunno about that whistle....

uofmman1122
December 18th, 2021, 02:45 PM
Wow, how do you blow that dead?

SoDakSA
December 18th, 2021, 02:46 PM

The answer to that is simple...FCS crews.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 02:48 PM
These refs hate SDSU.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 02:48 PM
I'm pulling for MSU but that's two calls in the last minute or so that's questionable....

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 02:49 PM
These refs must have some personal connection to MSU because they are complete ass right now. Davis had an easy first down and now Gardener can’t even tackle a receiver without getting called.

SoDakSA
December 18th, 2021, 02:50 PM
I'm pulling for MSU but that's two calls in the last minute or so that's questionable....

I can't even complain about calls anymore, it's just part for the course anymore

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 02:50 PM
Surprised they didn’t just give MSU the first down for ****s and giggles.

uofmman1122
December 18th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Surprised the refs didn't blow that play dead when Strong ran into his lineman. lol

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Big sequence with that stop. MSU should get the ball with good field position....

Or not! Helluva kick! SDSU has a serious kicking game!

SoDakSA
December 18th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Davis' strength isn't the outside sweep. He needs to start inside and bounce it.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Gotta love the 3rd down screen play, only works 1/10 times but by god will we keep trying.

SoDakSA
December 18th, 2021, 02:57 PM
Gotta love the 3rd down screen play, only works 1/10 times but by god will we keep trying.

Especially true when teams don't have to respect a deep threat. The Jacks haven't had a guy to take the lid off all season

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Especially true when teams don't have to respect a deep threat. The Jacks haven't had a guy to take the lid off all season
The Janke’s have gotten open deep often this season but Oladokun is highly inconsistent with the deep ball.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 03:03 PM
One day maybe SDSU will figure out that this guy likes to run.

Also refs missed an obvious holding because they are terrible.

TheKingpin28
I am thoroughly impressed by Mellot. Just a baller out there.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

uofmman1122
Have not been impressed with SDSU's defense today.

Chalupa Batman
Stevie Wonder saw that hold

Go Lehigh TU Owl
MSU Holding #1?...nah, that was covered with lift tickets at Big Sky...lol

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2021, 03:04 PM
One day maybe SDSU will figure out that this guy likes to run.

Also refs missed an obvious holding because they are terrible.Yeah, obvious hold, but these refs must be friends with last night's crew?

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Yeah, obvious hold, but these refs must be friends with last night's crew?

I wouldn’t trust these refs to work a 1st grade flag football game let alone this one. If SDSU loses it’s because of terrible officiating bailing out MSU all game.

If that’s the case I might pull for NDSU to trounce them.

SoDakSA
December 18th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Yeah, obvious hold, but these refs must be friends with last night's crew?

They haven't called holding on either team today. I'm sure they are waiting for important plays in the 4th

uofmman1122
December 18th, 2021, 03:08 PM
I don't think this game is close to being over, but man, SDSU needs to get a little sense of urgency, quick, if they want to come back in this one.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 03:08 PM
TD Bobcats on the final play of the 3rd quarter. This 4th quarter is going to be interesting. It seems like SDSU is going to need a turnover or some or of break to get out of Bozeman with a win.

Montana State is damn good. They are FAR more athletic/deeper than they were under Ash a decade ago.....

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Another MSU TD set up by awful officiating. MSU could stab an SDSU player and the refs would shove their heads up their ass to ignore it.

TheKingpin28
I wouldn’t trust these refs to work a 1st grade flag football game let alone this one. If SDSU loses it’s because of terrible officiating bailing out MSU all game.

If that’s the case I might pull for NDSU to trounce them.I think this was the same crew who reffed the NDSU-ETSU game. Are they OVC?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
I don't think this game is close to being over, but man, SDSU needs to get a little sense of urgency, quick, if they want to come back in this one.

That was a grinding drive MSU put together. SDSU really didn't possess the ball much the 3rd quarter. They need a drive that at least ends in 3 on this drive....

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2021, 03:10 PM
They haven't called holding on either team today. I'm sure they are waiting for important plays in the 4thI'll say this, I'd rather have refs swallow their whistles than carpet the field with yellow flags, but you HAVE to call the obvious ones, regardless of how it will affect the game.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Stevie Wonder saw that hold

he’s saw a few last night too

SDFS
December 18th, 2021, 03:13 PM
I am thoroughly impressed by Mellot. Just a baller out there.

I agree, he does a nice job of getting small at the point of contact and slips through much of the contact.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 03:15 PM
Oladokun had Jaxon wide open and stood like a statue, followed by another uninspired play call.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Brutal pick! Even a FG here could mean curtains for SDSU....

JacksFan40
Nice way to lose the game Chris. Had Jaxon wide open earlier and took a sack and now that.

TheKingpin28
I agree, he does a nice job of getting small at the point of contact and slips through much of the contact.Reminds me of Trey Lance in his RFr year.

SoDakSA
December 18th, 2021, 03:17 PM
SDSU's staff has done a really great job of taking two of the best RBs out of this game

Daytripper
SDSU can't stop the QB keeper. SDSU has stopped running the ball. Interception. Not good for the Jackrabbits.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Huge 3rd down!

uofmman1122
Woof.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
SDSU's staff has done a really great job of taking two of the best RBs out of this game

I agree! It's one possession, low scoring game! Do what you do best!

mmiller_34
December 18th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Well it was a fun season. Kind of.

Not yet sure how we won 11 games.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 03:19 PM
Our secondary freaking sucks.

Daytripper
Game over.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
TD Bobcats! That very likely will send the Bobcats to Frisco...

NDSU clearly has to do two things, stop Tommy's running and working on 50/50 pass defense. MSU doesn't offer a lot of surprises....

marenlee
Do a free trial of Fubo.

I have been using Fubo for over a year and love it. Granted Hulu Live and YouTube tv are not available on Guam. But I’m paying 65 and getting a **** ton of sports.

Bison56
December 18th, 2021, 03:20 PM
I hope SDSU keeps nutmeg forever.

Go Lehigh TU Owl

They struggled against Sac State, 'Nova and today. Definitely a major weak spot. Terrible ball skills....

Daytripper
This is looking very familiar.

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 18th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Melotte looking extremely serviceable to say the least. Do the Jacks have any answer to this???

SoDakSA

While I agree, the offensive play calling has been terrible. They didn't even take the time to establish the run...with two of the best backs in the country. All the talk is about how great the line is at run blocking, but they bailed on it from the beginning. Once again, the staff causes the team a game.

mmiller_34
Have not been impressed with SDSU's defense today.

Same defense we've had all season. Only time they've played well is when of offense takes control

Christiank22
Stig gonna stig

uofmman1122
Maybe the Big Fluffy should teach the rest of FCS how to play cornerback. xcoffeex

mmiller_34
December 18th, 2021, 03:22 PM

Don't count on it

Bison56
Stig in panic mode equals disaster for the bunnies.

Drblankstare
TD Bobcats! That very likely will send the Bobcats to Frisco...

NDSU clearly has to do two things, stop Tommy's running and working on 50/50 pass defense. MSU doesn't offer a lot of surprises....

Not sure I’ve ever seen so many 50/50 balls so one sided. Stellar Wr play for the cats

mmiller_34
Stig in panic mode equals disaster for the bunnies.

This guy gets it

peavy
December 18th, 2021, 03:24 PM
I think this was the same crew who reffed the NDSU-ETSU game. Are they OVC?

they did say the refs were ohio valley

Go Lehigh TU Owl
While I agree, the offensive play calling has been terrible. They didn't even take the time to establish the run...with two of the best backs in the country. All the talk is about how great the line is at run blocking, but they bailed on it from the beginning. Once again, the staff causes the team a game.

Seems similar to the plan they went with in the second half against Sac State, very pass heavy. Should have went right at MSU in the 3rd quarter......

caribbeanhen
Do a free trial of Fubo.

My day has been salvaged by a couple of AGS super humanitarians

SoDakSA
December 18th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Seems similar to the plan they went with in the second half against Sac State, very pass heavy. Should have went right at MSU in the 3rd quarter......

Welcome to SDSU football. Its so great that Sig got an extension...we get to watch this for another 2 years. Ha

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 18th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Never ever have heard of a stat like this- 393 yds total for Montana St and Mellott is responsible for 377 of that total.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 03:26 PM
This is why we haven’t ran much, it has gotten no where. Receivers are running open Oladokun just has to hit them.

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2021, 03:27 PM
they did say the refs were ohio valleyGod, they make the SoCon refs not completely horrible, but they are giving them a run for their money.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 03:28 PM
4th down....here's the game!