PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Semifinal: #3 James Madison @ #2 North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2 3

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2021, 02:02 PM
4th time in the past 6 postseason that these two have met and all in the semifinals or later. Should be a good one! Game kicks off at 8:15PM CT on Friday 12/17 on ESPN2.

Added a few more stat categories to my team stats breakdown this week:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51742649655_f27b040378_c.jpg

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2021, 02:07 PM
So, this game will be a riot and should be sold out

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

AKC_NDSU
December 11th, 2021, 02:13 PM
No excuse not to fill the dome next week, should actually be a competitive game, Bison winning it ofcourse 😁

Bison56
December 11th, 2021, 02:21 PM
This will be a 4 point game, a real nail biter.

dewey
December 11th, 2021, 02:57 PM
The dome should be full for this game and hopefully electric! The family and I will be there.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2021, 03:44 PM
A whole lot of injured NDSU players after today on a potential short week. Need to get Watson back for this one. Without him I don't know that the offense has the firepower to keep the JMU defense honest.

Chalupa Batman
December 11th, 2021, 03:52 PM
No excuse not to fill the dome next week, should actually be a competitive game, Bison winning it ofcourse 

You post too much

deez_na
December 11th, 2021, 04:24 PM
Better start off better next week. We need to stop their pass, seems they do a lot more of that this year and that is key IMO. We slow the pass down I think we win.

ysubigred
December 11th, 2021, 04:29 PM
Golden buffalo's 28 - 13..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 11th, 2021, 05:14 PM
This isn’t going to be close. NDSU is a MASH unit right now. Lost a running back today, lost a couple O line guys. Lost a cornerback, lost the starting TE. Lots of injuries.

JMU 24 NDSU 13. #BOOKIT.

UNHWildcat18
December 11th, 2021, 05:47 PM
JMU has a very solid D. With a dangerous WR core. NDSU is hurting, JMU pulls out another win in the Dome 31-17

mmiller_34
December 11th, 2021, 05:55 PM
JMU has a very solid D. With a dangerous WR core. NDSU is hurting, JMU pulls out another win in the Dome 31-17

That's bold.

NDSU by a million.

#BookIt

Houndawg
December 11th, 2021, 06:25 PM

xnodx

On a neutral field its a tossup right now I would say

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2021, 06:29 PM

Exact same prediction for ETSU.....

semobison
December 11th, 2021, 06:52 PM
I voted Bison but our offense needs to be two dimensional against JMU to win. I see a low scoring defensive battle.

Winterborn
December 11th, 2021, 07:01 PM
If we play like today, JMU wins this one. Injuries received today aren't going to do us any favors either.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2021, 07:07 PM
If we play like today, JMU wins this one. Injuries received today aren't going to do us any favors either.

Most of those guys will be available this week. Westberg is a capable replacement for Sundell. Bussey is not a big loss. TW, Luepke, KJ can carry the load. I bet Watson is back. He will be needed to keep the JMU secondary honest.

But you're right. If the Bison start the game like they did today, they lose.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2021, 07:15 PM
JMU can beat the Bison but remember that JMU you saw last night was playing Big Sky, the Bison are a better football team than JMU but those HR hitting WRs for them are a big problem for the Bison

Winterborn
December 11th, 2021, 07:23 PM
Most of those guys will be available this week. Westberg is a capable replacement for Sundell. Bussey is not a big loss. TW, Luepke, KJ can carry the load. I bet Watson is back. He will be needed to keep the JMU secondary honest.

But you're right. If the Bison start the game like they did today, they lose.

I hope so. JMU can go pound sand for all I care. :D

Bench was definitely a bit flat and outside of a few players, really stayed lack-luster the entire game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2021, 07:31 PM
I hope so. JMU can go pound sand for all I care. :D

Bench was definitely a bit flat and outside of a few players, really stayed lack-luster the entire game.

JMU has some pretty good CBs. Load the box and play tough man/man coverage and make the NDSU WRs get open. The WRs today looked pathetic IMO. Half assed everything they did. Watson will be needed.

And.......TW and Luepke should get most of the carries. Big backs that break tackles. KJ once in awhile on a swing pass. Plus if you bring QP in, have him throw the ball once in awhile. Just running up the gut left then right is not to hard for JMU to defend.

Roehl better bring his A game also this coming week.....xcoffeex

Bison56
December 11th, 2021, 08:12 PM
Exact same prediction for ETSU.....

If it ain't broke don't fix it.:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2021, 08:16 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it.:D

Keep rolling with it.....I'll take the same score as today!!!

JMU is going to be a slugfest.

Utgrizfan
December 11th, 2021, 08:43 PM
After JMU fans were celebrating our players getting hurt on their forum I hope the Bison beat their ass. Break a few bones as well for bonus points

CPMPride
December 11th, 2021, 09:12 PM
Picking NDSU 26-21. But only if we show up; a game like today and it's JMU 34-21.

IMHO the natty is next weekend. SHSU forgot they had a football game tonight.

POD Knows
December 11th, 2021, 09:12 PM
After JMU fans were celebrating our players getting hurt on their forum I hope the Bison beat their ass. Break a few bones as well for bonus points
Their fans suck. That is a fact.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2021, 09:13 PM
JMU has some pretty good CBs. Load the box and play tough man/man coverage and make the NDSU WRs get open. The WRs today looked pathetic IMO. Half assed everything they did. Watson will be needed.

And.......TW and Luepke should get most of the carries. Big backs that break tackles. KJ once in awhile on a swing pass. Plus if you bring QP in, have him throw the ball once in awhile. Just running up the gut left then right is not to hard for JMU to defend.

Roehl better bring his A game also this coming week.....xcoffeex
I'd be very surprised if Quincy Patterson doesn't attempt at least one pass in the semi... kinda seems like the NDSU coaches have purposefully not done that in the two playoff games thus far.

jmu8
December 11th, 2021, 09:37 PM

All fanbases have some bad apples. I suggest you look at how yours reacted in 2008 when our QB was injured.

https://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35440&start=180

I feel the same as you, and don't think anyone should celebrate player injuries. All fanbases have their bad apples and the bad apples typically like to talk the most, but I imagine they are the minority for us all.

Anyways, looking forward to a rematch with the bison!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2021, 09:46 PM
I'd be very surprised if Quincy Patterson doesn't attempt at least one pass in the semi... kinda seems like the NDSU coaches have purposefully not done that in the two playoff games thus far.

Could be saving the QP passing for JMU....xchinscratchx

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2021, 10:03 PM
Friday night kickoff:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1469876301561581578

This is an even later Friday night semifinal than normal for NDSU since in the past they've kicked off at 7PM CT I believe. If this game goes long it could stretch to almost midnight CT.

Bison56
December 11th, 2021, 10:48 PM
Their fans suck. That is a fact.

They still bring up the 2016 win at the dome as the biggest win in JMU history.

POD Knows
December 11th, 2021, 10:53 PM
It is their biggest win. They are absolutely correct about that. It was their pinnacle. The natty win against YSU was lame.

dewey
December 11th, 2021, 10:57 PM
Could be saving the QP passing for JMU....xchinscratchx

You know dam well they are saving that for JMU or Frisco.

Dewey

Bisonoline
December 11th, 2021, 10:58 PM
It is their biggest win. They are absolutely correct about that. It was their pinnacle. The natty win against YSU was lame.

Gumbo will be served if you are coming to the game.

POD Knows
December 11th, 2021, 10:58 PM
The JMU game?

CHIP72
December 11th, 2021, 11:01 PM
Friday night kickoff:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1469876301561581578

This is an even later Friday night semifinal than normal for NDSU since in the past they've kicked off at 7PM CT I believe. If this game goes long it could stretch to almost midnight CT.

The Cure Bowl (Northern Illinois/Coastal Carolina) is starting at 6 PM ET/5 PM CT and will be televised immediately before James Madison/North Dakota State on ESPN2.

For those curious, ESPN will be televising an NBA doubleheader (Golden State/Boston at 7:30 PM ET, L.A. Lakers/Minnesota at 10 PM ET) on Friday 12/17. Additionally, the D3 championship game (Mary Hardin-Baylor/North Central (IL)) will also be played on Friday 12/17 at 7 PM ET and broadcast on ESPNU.

Bisonoline
December 11th, 2021, 11:02 PM
The JMU game?

Yep xnodx

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2021, 12:26 AM
Shades of 2016....MASH unit Bison lose by a little over a score. Gimme JMU 24 Bison 13.

dewey
December 12th, 2021, 12:26 AM
Yep xnodx

Awesome! Do you mind if the family and I stop by? Got to hope Watson can play.

Dewey

UNHWildcat18
December 12th, 2021, 12:57 AM
That's bold.

NDSU by a million.

#BookIt

I don’t think it’s bold at all. NDSU as I said is hurting and isn’t dynamic or that great in its passing game.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2021, 04:27 AM
You know dam well they are saving that for JMU or Frisco.

Dewey

This is the National Championship game

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 05:59 AM

I wouldn't go that far. Each of the four teams have a roughly equal chance of winning it all. Maybe NDSU/JMU around 30% chance each & SDSU/MSU around 20% chance each.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2021, 07:13 AM
I wouldn't go that far. Each of the four teams have a roughly equal chance of winning it all. Maybe NDSU/JMU around 30% chance each & SDSU/MSU around 20% chance each.

was it you Batman who back in November was telling everybody that about a dozen teams had a legit shot at the title?

I admit I might have you confused with Full Ride

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2021, 07:15 AM

now I’m hungry

DirtyDukes
December 12th, 2021, 08:18 AM

Please show me where our fans were celebrating your players getting hurt on our forums. All I see is everyone wishing a respected Griz poster's wife well on surgery.

LOL that's hilarious. If you think that you're as delusional as you sound. Beating Virginia Tech was the biggest win in JMU History, followed by Montana 2004, then App State 2008. That win in fargo MIGHT be 4th, but it's not a lock - beating UVA as a D2 in 1981 is probably bigger as well.

But keep telling yourselves how you are the biggest fish in a little pond and a giant in everyone's mind.

Bison56
December 12th, 2021, 08:35 AM
Please show me where our fans were celebrating your players getting hurt on our forums. All I see is everyone wishing a respected Griz poster's wife well on surgery.

LOL that's hilarious. If you think that you're as delusional as you sound. Beating Virginia Tech was the biggest win in JMU History, followed by Montana 2004, then App State 2008. That win in fargo MIGHT be 4th, but it's not a lock - beating UVA as a D2 in 1981 is probably bigger as well.

But keep telling yourselves how you are the biggest fish in a little pond and a giant in everyone's mind.

I agree it is hilarious, but I'm not the one who thinks it.

WeAreThePride
December 12th, 2021, 08:56 AM
Bison will win if we can score early. If we get down by 14 or 17 by half, there's no way Roehl will call enough good plays to catch up.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2021, 09:16 AM
I agree it is hilarious, but I'm not the one who thinks it.

boom

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2021, 10:56 AM
Added the team stats comparison to the first post. A couple things I thought were interesting:

These teams are #1 and #2 in defensive 3rd down % - if either offense can win on 3rd down they should give themselves a big advantage. Both defenses are really good against the run as well which plays a big factor in that.
JMU is #1 in turnover margin at +21 - taking care of the ball will be paramount for NDSU.
I know JMU is quick strike offense but if the NDSU defense can force them into sustaining drives (which I think they will) being efficient in the redzone will by key for JMU and that's an area they've struggled at so far this year.
Special teams will be an X factor. JMU's kick return average is tops in the nation and NDSU has struggled with that this year. NDSU's punt return average is amongst the best in the nation as well. Those hidden yards may play a big role.

geaux_sioux
December 12th, 2021, 11:15 AM
How exactly? SDSU kicked NDSUs ass earlier this year.

POD Knows
December 12th, 2021, 11:18 AM
It was a one score game at their house and the Bison had a chance to win it. Not real sure if that qualifies as an ass kicking but you would know more about that then the rest of us probably.

NDB
December 12th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Be nice.

The guy hasn't even come to terms with the nickname change.

POD Knows
December 12th, 2021, 11:51 AM
Be nice.

The guy hasn't even come to terms with the nickname change.
Yea. But I see know that their hockey team put a Fighting Hawk patch on a uniform of theirs. You have to have a magnifying glass to see it and a decoder ring with the secret code to find out where it is on the “sweater”.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2021, 02:25 PM
The 2 best defenses in the FCS:

Total Defense: NDSU #3 JMU #5
Scoring Defense: NDSU #1 JMU #7
Rushing Defense: NDSU #3 JMU #4
Pass Defense: NDSU #10 JMU #21
3rd down Defense: NDSU #2 JMU #3

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2021, 02:28 PM

Good thing it is hockey season for you sue fans....xlolx

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 02:47 PM
was it you Batman who back in November was telling everybody that about a dozen teams had a legit shot at the title?

I said the playoffs should be very entertaining, and there are a lot more teams capable of beating anyone else in the field than in most years. In the end my list of true natty contenders was Sam Houston, NDSU, JMU, Montana State & SDSU. To be honest that was before the Brawl debacle for the Bobcats, and I would not have included them on the list before the start of the playoffs. Obviously they are back on the list now.

TennBison
December 12th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Added the team stats comparison to the first post. A couple things I thought were interesting:

These teams are #1 and #2 in defensive 3rd down % - if either offense can win on 3rd down they should give themselves a big advantage. Both defenses are really good against the run as well which plays a big factor in that.
JMU is #1 in turnover margin at +21 - taking care of the ball will be paramount for NDSU.
I know JMU is quick strike offense but if the NDSU defense can force them into sustaining drives (which I think they will) being efficient in the redzone will by key for JMU and that's an area they've struggled at so far this year.
Special teams will be an X factor. JMU's kick return average is tops in the nation and NDSU has struggled with that this year. NDSU's punt return average is amongst the best in the nation as well. Those hidden yards may play a big role.

The Bison would be smart in this game to just let our kicker put it through the end zone on any kickoffs, make them march it 75 yards every series. In past games JMU has set themselves up nicely several times around the 50 with kick returns. Same thing for punts, just angel towards the sideline, sure, we might have one go a little astray and end up being a 35 yard punt once in a while, but I will live with that compared to a punt return for 50 yards.

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2021, 02:59 PM
The Bison would be smart in this game to just let our kicker put it through the end zone on any kickoffs, make them march it 75 yards every series. In past games JMU has set themselves up nicely several times around the 50 with kick returns. Same thing for punts, just angel towards the sideline, sure, we might have one go a little astray and end up being a 35 yard punt once in a while, but I will live with that compared to a punt return for 50 yards.
Agreed, although not sure Reinholz has the leg to consistently boom kickoffs into the endzone.

Hammerhead
December 12th, 2021, 03:21 PM
The ticket site crashed at 3:00 CDT when tickets went on sale so we should have a good crowd.

Preferred Walk-On
December 12th, 2021, 03:25 PM

Probably me, but SDSU is #9-12, right?

Preferred Walk-On
December 12th, 2021, 03:30 PM

caribbean, did you see the Bobcats dismantle Sam? SDSU take care of Villanova? I wouldn't be so sure. Also, if NDSU can survive this one and end up facing SDSU, that would be a rivalry game, so...? Also, the last time Montana State was eliminated from the playoffs, it was a dismantling by NDSU. You think they don't remember? I don't think SDSU or MSU have any real (recent) beef with JMU, but I think either will be prepared for JMU, especially with people indicating this is the national championship game.

Chalupa Batman
December 12th, 2021, 03:34 PM
caribbean, did you see the Bobcats dismantle Sam? SDSU take care of Villanova? I wouldn't be so sure. Also, if NDSU can survive this one and end up facing SDSU, that would be a rivalry game, so...? Also, the last time Montana State was eliminated from the playoffs, it was a dismantling by NDSU. You think they don't remember? I don't think SDSU or MSU have any real (recent) beef with JMU, but I think either will be prepared for JMU, especially with people indicating this is the national championship game.

I'm sure SDSU remembers getting dismantled by JMU as well. Probably not many (if any) of the same players but recent enough that they'd be aware.

Plus if the Bunnies do make it they'll have the memory of the spring natty loss to help with their focus and preparation no matter who the opponent is.

Preferred Walk-On
December 12th, 2021, 03:44 PM

I agree with you that beating a good FBS is a bigger win. However, your sports website had a team picture with them at the 50 yd line of the Fargodome prominently displayed as they denoted they were national champions. I expected a picture in Frisco hoisting the trophy, but saw Fargodome. Needless to say, that confused me a bit, but whatever. Please don't downplay it like you are. We still point to that one as one of our bigger losses. That is why I will miss you guys in the FCS. Iron sharpens iron (well, not really, but that is the saying), and we appreciate good teams and rivalries. Your definition of rivalry (with NDSU) might not meet that criteria, but don't act like it wouldn't be extra special for you to beat NDSU at the Fargodome. Just like I will not act like it wouldn't be extra special to end your FCS run at the Fargodome. Again, you are right, it is not the best win for JMU, but it is not as unimportant as you lead on...and you know it.

Preferred Walk-On
December 12th, 2021, 03:47 PM
I'm sure SDSU remembers getting dismantled by JMU as well. Probably not many (if any) of the same players but recent enough that they'd be aware.

Plus if the Bunnies do make it they'll have the memory of the spring natty loss to help with their focus and preparation no matter who the opponent is.

S***, even I forgot about the turnover debacle...although, I am not sure if that was really SDSU that showed up for that game, Coyotes maybe (wolf in rabbit's clothing). OK, now remind me of Montana State/JMU...I am sure I am forgetting something, right?

Utgrizfan
December 12th, 2021, 07:45 PM

Was on the CSNBBS forum, seems that I am blocked on there so can't pull it up. Not surprising I called out a few of those peoples bull****, a dude named Purple in particular. Yall already had a reputation of being a poor fan base from others on here and other forums.. Now I know that doesn't apply to everyone so those who are mature and respectful I have no quarrel with. Regardless, hope karma bites yall and those pricks in the ass this upcoming Saturday.

Bobcat99
December 12th, 2021, 07:52 PM
Was on the CSNBBS forum, seems that I am blocked on there so can't pull it up. Not surprising I called out a few of those peoples bull****, a dude named Purple in particular. Yall already had a reputation of being a poor fan base from others on here and other forums.. Now I know that doesn't apply to everyone so those who are mature and respectful I have no quarrel with. Regardless, hope karma bites yall and those pricks in the ass this upcoming Saturday.

Ah. The good ol, “it’s on a board I can’t access” bit. Almost as popular as the “you wouldn’t know her, she doesn’t go to school here”. Classic Griz material.

JMUflyer
December 12th, 2021, 09:13 PM
JMU brings a balanced team to Fargo this time. They are hitting on all cylinders right now, passing game is there, running backs look strong. Defense is getting it done up front, going after the QB's to pressure them to hurry up. With the top FG kicker in FCS and the no wind indoor facitilty we score every time we get to the NDSU 30 yd line. It's not a blowout kind of game this time we just will over take NDSU's game and come home with a win. My prediction JMU 34 NDSU 24.

Utgrizfan
December 12th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Ah. The good ol, “it’s on a board I can’t access” bit. Almost as popular as the “you wouldn’t know her, she doesn’t go to school here”. Classic Griz material.

Seems you're more embarrassed to have a trash fan base more then anything. Classic JMU, stuck up and can do no wrong. Can't help it if they blocked me, have this and enjoy:

https://csnbbs.com/newreply.php?tid=937288

Bobcat99
December 12th, 2021, 10:15 PM
Seems you're more embarrassed to have a trash fan base more then anything. Classic JMU, stuck up and can do no wrong. Can't help it if they blocked me, have this and enjoy:

Yes, me with the name ‘Bobcat99’ am a fan of the Dukes.

You’re quite the scholar there.

Utgrizfan
December 12th, 2021, 10:16 PM
Yes, me with the name ‘Bobcat99’ am a fan of the Dukes.

You’re quite the scholar there.

Woopie I got the team you root for wrong, still mad you got walloped in the Brawl I see.

dewey
December 12th, 2021, 10:54 PM

We all have fans on message boards that say some really stupid stuff.

Dewey

Bobcat99
December 12th, 2021, 11:12 PM
Woopie I got the team you root for wrong, still mad you got walloped in the Brawl I see.
Not mad. If you hadn’t whooped us, Mellott might not be starting.

And how could I be mad? We’re still playing. That matters more than Cat-Griz.

- - - Updated - - -

Not mad. If you hadn’t whooped us, Mellott might not be starting.

And how could I be mad? We’re still playing. That matters more than Cat-Griz.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2021, 07:56 AM
Probably me, but SDSU is #9-12, right?

that depends on who you ask

After SDSt whipped Colorado State in the opener I thought (and posted) they win the championship this fall

Admittedly, I kind of backed down from that thought as the season progressed but with Davis and OL they gotta shot

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2021, 08:01 AM
Pretty sure Purple is trolling Bisonville right now under the pseudonym bulldogg. He's kinda like JMU's version of lakesbison but he's fully aware he's trolling (I think).

Preferred Walk-On
December 13th, 2021, 08:02 AM
that depends on who you ask

After SDSt whipped Colorado State in the opener I thought (and posted) they win the championship this fall

Admittedly, I kind of backed down from that thought as the season progressed but with Davis and OL they gotta shot

So you have figured out what the rest of the MVFC already knew. ;)

However, it still remains that SDSU was AGS-ranked #11 and unseeded by the committee (making them worse than #8), so it still stands that many people thought that about a dozen teams could compete for a championship.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2021, 08:41 AM
So you have figured out what the rest of the MVFC already knew. ;)

Full Ride, Don’t go there as this Puerto Rican 🇵🇷 walked fearlessly into the amber waves of grain this spring and took the MVFC pickem trophy 🏆 back to the Isla where it is proudly displayed beneath the palms swaying gently with the warm refreshing December tropical breeze

I wanted this trophy on my AGS resume as I do know and respect that Valley fans are very knowledgeable with Valley football so to snatch this trophy from the Corn Palace for display overseas is a high accomplishment 👍🏿

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2021, 09:03 AM
Full Ride, Don’t go there as this Puerto Rican 🇵🇷 walked fearlessly into the amber waves of grain this spring and took the MVFC pickem trophy 🏆 back to the Isla where it is proudly displayed beneath the palms swaying gently with the warm refreshing December tropical breeze

I wanted this trophy on my AGS resume as I do know and respect that Valley fans are very knowledgeable with Valley football so to snatch this trophy from the Corn Palace for display overseas is a high accomplishment 👍🏿
I've always had a hard time trusting SDSU since they, moreso than any other team that is considered elite from year-to-year, have a tendency to lay stinkers. This fall they did it against UNI. In the spring they did it against UND. It's been a Stiggy trademark for the past 5 years when they've ascended into truly elite status as an FCS program and even before then.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2021, 09:09 AM
I've always had a hard time trusting SDSU since they, moreso than any other team that is considered elite from year-to-year, have a tendency to lay stinkers. This fall they did it against UNI. In the spring they did it against UND. It's been a Stiggy trademark for the past 5 years when they've ascended into truly elite status as an FCS program and even before then.

I learn a lot from you Professor!

I agree with what you have said about the travel and extra games finally catching up with Stig and the 🐰 this Saturday

on the road too

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2021, 09:14 AM

I agree with what you have said about the travel and extra games finally catching up with Stig and the 🐰 this Saturday

on the road too
Well, I was banking on that last Saturday and I was wrong.... maybe this is finally the year they overcome that??? I think I'll have to pick Montana St though since I hitched my wagon to them in Full Ride's bracket challenge.

Preferred Walk-On
December 13th, 2021, 09:28 AM
Full Ride, Don’t go there as this Puerto Rican  walked fearlessly into the amber waves of grain this spring and took the MVFC pickem trophy  back to the Isla where it is proudly displayed beneath the palms swaying gently with the warm refreshing December tropical breeze

I wanted this trophy on my AGS resume as I do know and respect that Valley fans are very knowledgeable with Valley football so to snatch this trophy from the Corn Palace for display overseas is a high accomplishment 

*, right? Ha!

Preferred Walk-On
December 13th, 2021, 09:31 AM

I agree with what you have said about the travel and extra games finally catching up with Stig and the  this Saturday

on the road too

Well, I was banking on that last Saturday and I was wrong.... maybe this is finally the year they overcome that??? I think I'll have to pick Montana St though since I hitched my wagon to them in Full Ride's bracket challenge.

Well, if they do, then I think we can put the Maine having to travel the country argument to bed, right? If they don't, then I guess the kindling has been lit to reignite that argument.

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2021, 09:35 AM
Looking at the only common opponent, Towson, there was a big difference in rushing/passing between the 2 teams. JMU beat them thru the air, and NDSU on the ground.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2021, 09:45 AM
NDSU opens as a 5.5 point favorite with an O/U of 47.5 on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php).

PurpleStreamers
December 13th, 2021, 01:05 PM
Don't see this as the title game at all. SDSU for obvious reasons (beating NDSU) is a threat and Montana St. sure looked like a fresher team Saturday for having only played one season this calendar year.

Daytripper
December 13th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Don't see this as the title game at all. SDSU for obvious reasons (beating NDSU) is a threat and Montana St. sure looked like a fresher team Saturday for having only played one season this calendar year.

Yep. That is going to be a huge benefit, I think.

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2021, 01:53 PM

Yeah they do still throw up some stinkers, but really no team is immune to them. One thing I think they've got now they didn't have before is an ability to overcome adversity within a game. I said it in the spring, but as good as the Christion/Weineke/Goedert teams were I don't think they would've come back from that 20-7 deficit against Southern Illinois. Similar situation last weekend, down 7 at halftime to Villanova with the Wildcats getting the ball to start the 2nd half after moving the ball at will in the 1st. I'm sure a few Jacks fans weren't too optimistic about their chances at that point but they responded well in the 2nd half. It doesn't mean they always will of course though.

Mfergy4
December 13th, 2021, 03:12 PM
Not sure the injuries sustained this week-end will be a be game changer, plenty of good depth in those areas. Watson, well he will be needed, even if as a decoy. But, this is finals week, plus Graduation a couple of hours before. Going to be a focus-interrupting week with all that going on. Senior will have the team hyped though and I pick a 17 to 14 Bison win. Going to be a lot of vocal cords going to be left in the dome this Friday night.

SDSU VS Montana State - Do the bunnies still have gas in the tank for another Time Zone change game, does Vigen still have the magic to beat Stig? I rolled the dice and they just jumped off the table and down the heat register, flipped the coin and it rolled after the dice...tarot cards just caught fire...Ouija board, triangle froze in place...Crystal Ball cracked...what the heck! So just pulling for a the conference show down - the bunnies to squeak out the win. Then the big let down in the Natty Game comes vs the Bison.

Chalupa Batman
December 13th, 2021, 03:30 PM
Well, if they do, then I think we can put the Maine having to travel the country argument to bed, right? If they don't, then I guess the kindling has been lit to reignite that argument.

Traveling back and forth from one coast to the other coast in consecutive weeks is a little different than traveling once to each coast from the middle of the country. Each of Maines trips were probably about the same as SDSU’s 2 trips combined. I’m not saying you’re wrong necessarily just something to think about.

jmu007
December 13th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Well boys.. looks like I'll get to check another box off the ol' bucket list after all.

See ya in Fargo!

Go Dukes!

POD Knows
December 13th, 2021, 05:49 PM
Well boys.. looks like I'll get to check another box off the ol' bucket list after all.

See ya in Fargo!

Go Dukes!Dress warm. Supposed to be single digit highs. God I wish this game was outside.

jmu007
December 13th, 2021, 05:50 PM
Looking at the only common opponent, Towson, there was a big difference in rushing/passing between the 2 teams. JMU beat them thru the air, and NDSU on the ground.

Moral of the story...

Towson would suck in any conference.

jmu007
December 13th, 2021, 05:51 PM
Dress warm. Supposed to be single digit highs. God I wish this game was outside.

Pretty sure you'd have a statue of me in front of your stadium if this game was outdoors. I think I can honestly say this will be the furthest north I've been.

POD Knows
December 13th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Pretty sure you'd have a statue of me in front of your stadium if this game was outdoors. I think I can honestly say this will be the furthest north I've been.
Keep us in the loop. Lots of NDSU GUYS have tailgating spots.

Buy some base wear and put it on. This should be a good game and Experience hopefully 🙏

Bisonoline
December 13th, 2021, 09:49 PM
Keep us in the loop. Lots of NDSU GUYS have tailgating spots.

Buy some base wear and put it on. This should be a good game and Experience hopefully 

Our tent will be heated.

Hammerhead
December 13th, 2021, 10:32 PM
If you have a heavy winter coat and drive to the game, leave it in the car and bite the bullet on the short walk to and from the stadium. It's cool enough in the Fargodome so you can wear a sweatshirt and not feel too warm.

Hammerhead
December 13th, 2021, 10:35 PM

It seems like North Dakota is one of the last states many people visit. When I'm talking to customers on the phone who say they've been to North Dakota (my avatar on my WebEx meetings is the same one I use here), I ask them it it was on purpose. :) Half the time it's because they were sent here through their job or the Air Force.

ScrappytheOwl
December 13th, 2021, 10:50 PM
This game should be wild. NDSU is -4.5 currently. I think NDSU covers but this one will be a battle.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2021, 11:30 PM
JMU has the better QB and remember the Schor last time they played in Fargo

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2021, 06:19 AM
JMU has the better QB and remember the Schor last time they played in Fargo

The last time I saw Schor, Jabril Cox was in his face forcing a hurried pass that came up short in Frisco.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2021, 07:39 AM
This game should be wild. NDSU is -4.5 currently. I think NDSU covers but this one will be a battle.

If NDSU sits back in their base Tampa 2 zone coverage and keeps everything in front of them, they will get picked apart and lose the game. They need to pressure the QB so that he hurries throws and makes some mistakes. NDSU needs to stop the run and make them 1 dimensional. If JMU can run effectively, NDSU loses. Hopefully the DL and bring pressure and keep the LBs free.

It will be a battle. Bison OL needs to play a clean game. Get off the ball and get a good push. JMU is going to stack the box and play press coverage on the outside. Hopefully Watson can play and give NDSU that downfield threat because the other WRs cannot do that and are all mediocre WRs at best.

Looking forward to this one.

Winterborn
December 14th, 2021, 07:40 AM
Should be a full house. Currently just about all of the available tickets have been sold outside of some singles. Would guess that the season tickets that are not renewed get snapped up pretty quick.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2021, 07:51 AM
The last time I saw Schor, Jabril Cox was in his face forcing a hurried pass that came up short in Frisco.

right on

Schor did better in Fargo than Frisco

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2021, 07:51 AM
If NDSU sits back in their base Tampa 2 zone coverage and keeps everything in front of them, they will get picked apart and lose the game. They need to pressure the QB so that he hurries throws and makes some mistakes. NDSU needs to stop the run and make them 1 dimensional. If JMU can run effectively, NDSU loses. Hopefully the DL and bring pressure and keep the LBs free.

It will be a battle. Bison OL needs to play a clean game. Get off the ball and get a good push. JMU is going to stack the box and play press coverage on the outside. Hopefully Watson can play and give NDSU that downfield threat because the other WRs cannot do that and are all mediocre WRs at best.

Looking forward to this one.
Yeah, Schor wasn't who beat NDSU in 2016... it was Abdullah. If the Dukes have another RB run for 180 on Friday the Bison are in big trouble.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Yeah, Schor wasn't who beat NDSU in 2016... it was Abdullah. If the Dukes have another RB run for 180 on Friday the Bison are in big trouble.

I remember that but it doesn’t look like JMU has an Abdullah type right now

Van Horse is a threat

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2021, 08:29 AM

I saw the Bobcats dismantle Sam, but Sam was ripe for a beat down... weak sked, distractions with rumors of KC coming home and we get Carty instead... I missed it though

If Montana State Beats S Dak St, they will get curb stomped in the finals ... of course they remember and that is exactly the problem......bad bracket too

Rivalry game? Good point. Something to think about but my two sided Bison coin always lands on North Dakota State in Frisco ... I’m trying to say the MVFC match up in finals is a coin flip game but always lands on Bison

Bottom line, I think the best two teams in the country right now are playing in Fargo this Saturday

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2021, 08:29 AM

Abdullah was a perfect solution for JMU to exploit the Bison weakness, with our DT and Middle linebacker both out.

DirtyDukes
December 14th, 2021, 08:50 AM
I agree with you that beating a good FBS is a bigger win. However, your sports website had a team picture with them at the 50 yd line of the Fargodome prominently displayed as they denoted they were national champions. I expected a picture in Frisco hoisting the trophy, but saw Fargodome. Needless to say, that confused me a bit, but whatever. Please don't downplay it like you are. We still point to that one as one of our bigger losses. That is why I will miss you guys in the FCS. Iron sharpens iron (well, not really, but that is the saying), and we appreciate good teams and rivalries. Your definition of rivalry (with NDSU) might not meet that criteria, but don't act like it wouldn't be extra special for you to beat NDSU at the Fargodome. Just like I will not act like it wouldn't be extra special to end your FCS run at the Fargodome. Again, you are right, it is not the best win for JMU, but it is not as unimportant as you lead on...and you know it.

Our website has a lot of pictures on it, what's your point? Because we have a picture of the win in Fargo it's the biggest win ever? Okay buddy.

You linked a thread with no one celebrating any injuries and a lot of goodwill to Grizlaw. Still waiting for you to send the posts where people celebrated injuries (in fact most posters said it was a shame QB1 went down).

DirtyDukes
December 14th, 2021, 08:52 AM

Really?!?! I couldn't disagree more. Schor staying alive on multiple plays to throw bombs downfield was what won us the game. And his dagger to miller from the pocket. I love Khalid Abdullah and he was a huge part of the win, but I think Schor had more to do with it.

And in 2017 Frisco his receivers let him down with about 8 drops.

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2021, 09:00 AM
Really?!?! I couldn't disagree more. Schor staying alive on multiple plays to throw bombs downfield was what won us the game. And his dagger to miller from the pocket. I love Khalid Abdullah and he was a huge part of the win, but I think Schor had more to do with it.

Really. Schor isn't even in a position to make that play if Abdullah hadn't shredded the Bison defense to build that 17 point lead.

DirtyDukes
December 14th, 2021, 09:09 AM
Really. Schor isn't even in a position to make that play if Abdullah hadn't shredded the Bison defense to build that 17 point lead.

You should rewatch the game - I did recently. I don't agree.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2021, 09:11 AM

Watch from the 8:08 mark in the video, that's why JMU lost. Tuszka and Cox pressuring Schor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryehXJuzH3s

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2021, 09:18 AM
Well, it's fair to say they both had good games. I do know the Bison defensive philosophy has always been stop the run first so I give more credit to Abdullah because I think Schor had the advantage going against a defense geared and adjusted to (try to) stop Abdullah. The Dukes don't win that game without clutch throws but Schor but they definitely don't win the game without Abdullah ripping off good run after good run on the Bison defense. Teams don't win in the Fargodome throwing the ball all over, first and foremost you've gotta run the ball effectively to beat the Bison at home (or at all really).

DirtyDukes
December 14th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Well, it's fair to say they both had good games. I do know the Bison defensive philosophy has always been stop the run first so I give more credit to Abdullah because I think Schor had the advantage going against a defense geared and adjusted to (try to) stop Abdullah. The Dukes don't win that game without clutch throws but Schor but they definitely don't win the game without Abdullah ripping off good run after good run on the Bison defense. Teams don't win in the Fargodome throwing the ball all over, first and foremost you've gotta run the ball effectively to beat the Bison at home (or at all really).

I'm very excited to see this be tested this weekend - I think it's what is going to be the decider. I hope Cignetti isn't stubborn and tries to run on you guys which we won't be able to do. Our only hope is to pass to open the run.

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2021, 09:37 AM

180 yards on the ground by Abdullah, opened the passing game up for Schor, and yards after the catch on that one reception led to a score. Schor did have a big effect on the game as did Abdullah.

Hammerhead
December 14th, 2021, 09:41 AM
It is very hard to run against NDSU's defense. Our secondary has improved although it seems like the Bison don't get as many interceptions as they did in past years. I'm looking forward to a great game with a noisy crowd in the Fargodome that we haven't seen in a while.

I'm very excited to see this be tested this weekend - I think it's what is going to be the decider. I hope Cignetti isn't stubborn and tries to run on you guys which we won't be able to do. Our only hope is to pass to open the run.

DirtyDukes
December 14th, 2021, 09:47 AM
It is very hard to run against NDSU's defense. Our secondary has improved although it seems like the Bison don't get as many interceptions as they did in past years. I'm looking forward to a great game with a noisy crowd in the Fargodome that we haven't seen in a while.

Yep, I don't think we will be able to run on you guys unless we open it up by passing first.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Yep, I don't think we will be able to run on you guys unless we open it up by passing first.

I think this is what Cignetti wants to do. Our secondary is good but is the weakest part of the defense. That is why I hope our front 4 DL can get pressure. Your QB is not a statue but is good enough to get out of the pocket and extend plays if needed.

Bison offense needs to stay on the field and grind out drives. Limit possessions and score TDs when they get into the redzone.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2021, 11:53 AM
I think this is what Cignetti wants to do. Our secondary is good but is the weakest part of the defense. That is why I hope our front 4 DL can get pressure. Your QB is not a statue but is good enough to get out of the pocket and extend plays if needed.

Bison offense needs to stay on the field and grind out drives. Limit possessions and score TDs when they get into the redzone.
This will be the key to the game IMO. If the Bison can get pressure with the front 4 on defense and stay on the field offensively. Would be nice to have Watson back and healthy enough for a big play or 2 but they need to stay out of 3rd and long anyway so might not matter as much. Long sustained drives will be more important. Need to get off the field on 3rd down defensively too or it could be like the SIU game this spring.

Preferred Walk-On
December 14th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Our website has a lot of pictures on it, what's your point? Because we have a picture of the win in Fargo it's the biggest win ever? Okay buddy.

No, that was THE picture after you won the championship, front and center. But whatevs, right? I mean after all, the significance of that game was simply that you had to beat a forgettable, irrelevant team that was simply a speed bump on your way to meeting a goal that really isn't even that important anymore - curious, did that championship game make your Top 4? Hey, no worries. I get it. FBS, FBS, FBS!

Was about to agree with you that Schor was the major reason JMU won that game, but frankly, who gives a s***? It appears you do, even though you probably shouldn't. I mean, after all, "What game?". It's not significant and should probably be treated like it never even happened. Carry on.

By the way, it is clear you didn't read past that sentence where you underlined Fargodome, since it was never said that it was your biggest win. I agree, it probably isn't. I was just pointing out that it wasn't unforgettable either (well, at least to some).

TennBison
December 14th, 2021, 02:32 PM
My dream game would be JMU takes the opening kickoff runs it down the field and fumbles it at the NDSU 1 yard line where NDSU recovers it. NDSU then goes on a 40 play drive punches it in as time expires for the first half. Then NDSU receives the ball but gets stopped at the 1 yard line. And once again the Bison go on a 99 yard 40 play drive punching it in as time runs out for the game.
Total plays NDSU 80- JMU 0
Total offensive yards NDSU 198- JMU 0
Time of possession NDSU 59:49- JMU 00:11

CPMPride
December 14th, 2021, 04:31 PM
I want NDSU to win this handily, but more than anything else I want a good game. Each squad gets a few mega-plays to keep things exciting and a few major stops to keep themselves in the game. I can admit I'm still a tiny bit salty about Abdullah slicing up the field and making us look kinda foolish in 2016 but JFC I would rather lose to JMU than the ****** Jackbunnies.

semobison
December 14th, 2021, 05:08 PM

You guys are difficult to run against also. Our best offensive game this year IMO was South Dakota. Miller was something like 7-8 passing in the 1st quarter. Very balanced offensively early. I think will have to do the same on Friday. Just pounding it into a stone wall just doesn’t work!

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2021, 06:52 PM
You guys are difficult to run against also. Our best offensive game this year IMO was South Dakota. Miller was something like 7-8 passing in the 1st quarter. Very balanced offensively early. I think will have to do the same on Friday. Just pounding it into a stone wall just doesn’t work!
Collectively these two offenses are averaging 75 points per game on the season and the betting O/U is 47.5. I think this will be a defensively controlled game where both offenses find the sledding much tougher than usual.

NDB
December 14th, 2021, 06:56 PM
I want NDSU to win this handily, but more than anything else I want a good game. Each squad gets a few mega-plays to keep things exciting and a few major stops to keep themselves in the game. I can admit I'm still a tiny bit salty about Abdullah slicing up the field and making us look kinda foolish in 2016 but JFC I would rather lose to JMU than the ****** Jackbunnies.

I just hope both teams have fun

TennBison
December 14th, 2021, 07:27 PM
My gut tells me I want NDSU to control the game and win comfortably (27-13 sort of thing). However, with the hype going on around this one, I also like the idea of a nail biter being won by the Bison on the final drive in the last seconds, one that will be talked about for many years. Might as well get my money's worth.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2021, 06:39 AM
My gut tells me I want NDSU to control the game and win comfortably (27-13 sort of thing). However, with the hype going on around this one, I also like the idea of a nail biter being won by the Bison on the final drive in the last seconds, one that will be talked about for many years. Might as well get my money's worth.

Nah, I would love to send out JMU with a 3-4 TD blowout loss....xnodx

Bison56
December 15th, 2021, 08:30 AM
I would love it if NDSU ended the JMU dynasty Friday nighy.xthumbsupx

DirtyDukes
December 15th, 2021, 08:33 AM
No, that was THE picture after you won the championship, front and center. But whatevs, right? I mean after all, the significance of that game was simply that you had to beat a forgettable, irrelevant team that was simply a speed bump on your way to meeting a goal that really isn't even that important anymore - curious, did that championship game make your Top 4? Hey, no worries. I get it. FBS, FBS, FBS!

Was about to agree with you that Schor was the major reason JMU won that game, but frankly, who gives a s***? It appears you do, even though you probably shouldn't. I mean, after all, "What game?". It's not significant and should probably be treated like it never even happened. Carry on.

By the way, it is clear you didn't read past that sentence where you underlined Fargodome, since it was never said that it was your biggest win. I agree, it probably isn't. I was just pointing out that it wasn't unforgettable either (well, at least to some).

Bro you're the one who clearly didn't read. My first post said it might be the 4th best win. I never said it was insignificant, I just refuted your stretch of a claim that because there was a picture of it on our website that it meant it's our "biggest win ever" that Bison56 suggested.

Jesus you guys, you'd think after winning 8 championships that you wouldn't be so insecure.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2021, 08:47 AM
Bro you're the one who clearly didn't read. My first post said it might be the 4th best win. I never said it was insignificant, I just refuted your stretch of a claim that because there was a picture of it on our website that it meant it's our "biggest win ever" that Bison56 suggested.

Jesus you guys, you'd think after winning 8 championships that you wouldn't be so insecure.It is your biggest win ever. It is the only win that allowed you guys any real relevance in FCS. If somebody asked me about the biggest win for NDSU in the FCS era it is the win over SHSU in the first Natty. We have a few wins over FBS but in the grand scheme of things those wins are nice but they don’t really mean that much. Maybe get you a recruit here and there, maybe a bandwagon fan or two

DirtyDukes
December 15th, 2021, 09:38 AM
It is your biggest win ever. It is the only win that allowed you guys any real relevance in FCS. If somebody asked me about the biggest win for NDSU in the FCS era it is the win over SHSU in the first Natty. We have a few wins over FBS but in the grand scheme of things those wins are nice but they don’t really mean that much. Maybe get you a recruit here and there, maybe a bandwagon fan or two

I listed our first win in the natty - but beating the flagship state school who was FBS and also ranked #13 at the time was bigger. We used that (despite a mediocre 6-5 season) to increase ticket sales to be able to fill our expanded stadium of 25k. I realize you guys are the biggest school in your state and that probably contributes a lot to why you're content in FCS.

It was in no way our biggest win - you can think that all you want but I'd be honest and tell you if it was. It was big, but honestly it grew in stature after the fact after y'all beat us in 2017 and 2019, which tells you in 2016 it was a good win but not our biggest in program history. The 3 I listed previously are bigger, and I think most JMU fans would tell you the same.

This is a stuck in FCS forever take and I thought you'd be better than that. I would think the Bison would be confident enough in their successes without having to make themselves bigger in their opponents minds. If you look inward, you'll probably find you're stretching on this because it allows you to feel superior to a team that is moving up and you aren't. And you guys have 8 ships (5 in a row) to hang your hat on, you don't need this. Because I promise you, it was not top 3 of our biggest wins. It was a a big one, top 5 definitely, but not the top.

Also, btw, we were relevant in FCS before you guys played FCS. We'll be relevant in FBS while you're still playing FCS.

https://c.tenor.com/fDxzsvd_9fAAAAAC/see-ya-bye.gif

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2021, 09:41 AM
It was the Bisons biggest loss in FCS

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2021, 10:06 AM
I listed our first win in the natty - but beating the flagship state school who was FBS and also ranked #13 at the time was bigger. We used that (despite a mediocre 6-5 season) to increase ticket sales to be able to fill our expanded stadium of 25k. I realize you guys are the biggest school in your state and that probably contributes a lot to why you're content in FCS.

It was in no way our biggest win - you can think that all you want but I'd be honest and tell you if it was. It was big, but honestly it grew in stature after the fact after y'all beat us in 2017 and 2019, which tells you in 2016 it was a good win but not our biggest in program history. The 3 I listed previously are bigger, and I think most JMU fans would tell you the same.

This is a stuck in FCS forever take and I thought you'd be better than that. I would think the Bison would be confident enough in their successes without having to make themselves bigger in their opponents minds. If you look inward, you'll probably find you're stretching on this because it allows you to feel superior to a team that is moving up and you aren't. And you guys have 8 ships (5 in a row) to hang your hat on, you don't need this. Because I promise you, it was not top 3 of our biggest wins. It was a a big one, top 5 definitely, but not the top.

Also, btw, we were relevant in FCS before you guys played FCS. We'll be relevant in FBS while you're still playing FCS.

xlolx

Not a chance!

xlmaox

UNHWildcat18
December 15th, 2021, 10:17 AM
xlolx

Not a chance!

xlmaox

IMHO I think JMU has a shot to make a NY6 Bowl….given a few years to grow. Sun Belt is going to be better than the AAC if not already in a few short years

that guy
December 15th, 2021, 10:24 AM

If throwing streamers is relevant you will own the FBS

POD Knows
December 15th, 2021, 10:50 AM

First of all we are content staying FCS and your ignorance of the process and obstacles is pretty clear. If we were located any where close to any reasonable FBS conference we would probably be gone.

deez_na
December 15th, 2021, 11:47 AM

Id rather be winning championships myself over making it to the citrus fruit peanut bowl.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2021, 01:21 PM

Probably right there with the EWU and SHSU playoff losses. 2007 loss to SDSU ended an undefeated season after beating MAC Champ Central Michigan and B1G Minnesota.

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2021, 01:24 PM
If throwing streamers is relevant you will own the FBS

Bwahahaha spot on analysis. Perfect.

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2021, 01:25 PM
First of all we are content staying FCS and your ignorance of the process and obstacles is pretty clear. If we were located any where close to any reasonable FBS conference we would have been gone several years ago.

Fixed your post.

POD Knows
December 15th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Fixed your post.
Nope. This ship has kind of sailed for me but I will still support NDSU football at the FCS as I recognize the issues at hand and I do not think that there is a good short term solution to the move up.

Hammerhead
December 15th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Is playing in one of three bowls this weekend or one bowl on Christmas day instead of the FCS semifinals really that much better?

JayMYou
December 15th, 2021, 07:05 PM
The scale of regressed and unfulfilled males on this site and bisonville is a bit disturbing. It's so funny how the manhood of so many insecure guys is threatened by blue states and purple streamers. I'm seriously concerned that another loss at the dome will lead to unabated domestic violence in trailer parks across the greater Midwest.

Christiank22
December 15th, 2021, 07:14 PM
The scale of regressed and unfulfilled males on this site and bisonville is a bit disturbing. It's so funny how the manhood of so many insecure guys is threatened by blue states and purple streamers. I'm seriously concerned that another loss at the dome will lead to unabated domestic violence in trailer parks across the greater Midwest.

The irony is JMU calling any fans insecure is comical. I have ever met a bunch of arrogant, self-entitled, insecure people in my entire life. From coaching to players to fans, it’s impressive.

ysubigred
December 15th, 2021, 08:25 PM
My dream game would be JMU takes the opening kickoff runs it down the field and fumbles it at the NDSU 1 yard line where NDSU recovers it. NDSU then goes on a 40 play drive punches it in as time expires for the first half. Then NDSU receives the ball but gets stopped at the 1 yard line. And once again the Bison go on a 99 yard 40 play drive punching it in as time runs out for the game.
Total plays NDSU 80- JMU 0
Total offensive yards NDSU 198- JMU 0
Time of possession NDSU 59:49- JMU 00:11I'd rather see a 6-5 game in 5 OT's [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Panther88
December 16th, 2021, 09:07 AM
Here the threads are.

*bumped*

So they get the attention they deserve.

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Here the threads are.

*bumped*

So they get the attention they deserve.

Going to stop by Frisco if the Bison win?

Panther88
December 16th, 2021, 09:44 AM
Going to stop by Frisco if the Bison win?

The weather in Little Elm that time of year is so "iffy." I typically migrate southward during Dec-Jan-Feb.

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2021, 09:57 AM
The weather in Little Elm that time of year is so "iffy." I typically migrate southward during Dec-Jan-Feb.

Bison have a PVAM connection, former player Stacy Robinson.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2021, 10:00 AM

be careful if DomRep is a destination

JacksFan40
December 16th, 2021, 11:54 AM

I don’t see why this is controversial. Nobody gives a crap about the FCS playoffs outside of us FCS fans. The FCS title game is the 3rd most important football game in Frisco during bowl season behind the Frisco Bowl and the new Frisco Classic.

I’d argue NDSU gained far more from beating Iowa, K-State, Minnesota and other FBS teams than it did from winning all of those FCS titles.

The FCS is becoming a glorified D2 with all of the traditional powers either gone or beginning to leave. My hope for SDSU is that the Big 12 picks off some MWC teams and forces them to expand with SDSU/NDSU.

JacksFan40
December 16th, 2021, 12:00 PM
IMHO I think JMU has a shot to make a NY6 Bowl….given a few years to grow. Sun Belt is going to be better than the AAC if not already in a few short years
The new AAC will be hot garbage, especially if the Big 12 continues expansion and takes SMU and Memphis. The MWC is positioned to be the top G5 conference as of now, but that’ll change if Boise and someone else get poached by the Big 12. The Sun Belt did a great job adding traditional powers like Marshall and JMU. ODU is also looking much better with how they finished the season.

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2021, 12:19 PM
I don’t see why this is controversial. Nobody gives a crap about the FCS playoffs outside of us FCS fans. The FCS title game is the 3rd most important football game in Frisco during bowl season behind the Frisco Bowl and the new Frisco Classic.

I’d argue NDSU gained far more from beating Iowa, K-State, Minnesota and other FBS teams than it did from winning all of those FCS titles.

The FCS is becoming a glorified D2 with all of the traditional powers either gone or beginning to leave. My hope for SDSU is that the Big 12 picks off some MWC teams and forces them to expand with SDSU/NDSU.

And nobody will give a crap about JMU in FBS except their fans and fans of other Sun Belch schools. It's the P5 and then everyone else.

Panther88
December 16th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Bison have a PVAM connection, former player Stacy Robinson.

Yep. Also, there was a WR coach (Moore) who coached @ NDSU for 4? years and then returned to the home state to coach @ PVAMU for 4? years. When PVAMU traveled to get slaughtered @ NDSU, Moore was coaching for us at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

be careful if DomRep is a destination

"migrate south" ~ "migrate to setx."

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2021, 12:46 PM
Yep. Also, there was a WR coach (Moore) who coached @ NDSU for 4? years and then returned to the home state to coach @ PVAMU for 4? years. When PVAMU traveled to get slaughtered @ NDSU, Moore was coaching for us at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

"migrate south" ~ "migrate to setx."

Forgot about coach Moore. Think he's on a Bison trading card from 2004?

JacksFan40
December 16th, 2021, 12:59 PM
And nobody will give a crap about JMU in FBS except their fans and fans of other Sun Belch schools. It's the P5 and then everyone else.
So nobody gives a crap about Boise State? Cincinnati? UCF? Memphis? Houston? San Diego State? App State etc.?

The top G5 teams receive significant media coverage and are frequently on national television with CBS, FOX, ABC and ESPN.

dewey
December 16th, 2021, 01:41 PM
So nobody gives a crap about Boise State? Cincinnati? UCF? Memphis? Houston? San Diego State? App State etc.?

The top G5 teams receive significant media coverage and are frequently on national television with CBS, FOX, ABC and ESPN.

Agreed.

Dewey

dewey
December 16th, 2021, 01:44 PM
5 years ago today James Madison defeated NDSU 27-17 ending NDSU's bid for a 6th straight National Championship. For some reason I can't link the exact tweet from Dom Izzo so the image below is a screenshot from Dom Izzo's Twitter account.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211216/95152978b25ab3b2016415883ca85313.jpg

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2021, 01:51 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/3rybYNY7/c2-Vydmlj-ZT1pb-WFn-ZXMmc3-Jj-PWh0d-HBz-JTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3-Ln-Nwb3-J0c21l-ZGlhd2-F0-Y2gu-Y29t-JTJGd3-At-Y29ud-GVud-CUy-Rn-Vw.png
You can peruse other weeks on their site. I think you'll get the point.

KPSUL
December 16th, 2021, 02:18 PM

If they lose this weekend it may be their biggest loss. Because they beat JMU in two subsequent playoff games, they got their vindication from the 2016 Championship game. If they lose Friday night, they'll have no shot at JMU.

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2021, 02:35 PM
If they lose this weekend it may be their biggest loss. Because they beat JMU in two subsequent playoff games, they got their vindication from the 2016 Championship game. If they lose Friday night, they'll have no shot at JMU.

I'm fine with a winning record against JMU, no matter what happens Friday, 3-1 right now, all in playoff games.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Maybe the Dukes will give us a million to come to Bridgeforth and kick their ass. :D

Chalupa Batman
December 16th, 2021, 04:12 PM
Maybe the Dukes will give us a million to come to Bridgeforth and kick their ass. :D

That's what I've been saying. Probably only get like 400K but would still be fun.

Mfergy4
December 16th, 2021, 04:23 PM
Going to be loud tomorrow night...big crowd! Big Game! Close game! Big win for FCS and a BIG win for NDSU.

dewey
December 16th, 2021, 05:07 PM
Here is the semifinals prediction from HERO Sports.

https://herosports.com/fcs-playoffs-2021-semifinal-predictions-bzbz/

Dewey

marenlee
December 16th, 2021, 08:07 PM

I agree with about everything you said except the FCS championship game. There’s not much promotion for the Frisco Bowls. The title game gets more viewers and more asses in seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KPSUL
December 16th, 2021, 09:23 PM

Don't hold your breath waiting for that. They will probably keep playing Moorehead State every year as their FCS game.

dewey
December 17th, 2021, 06:43 AM
GAMEDAY!!!!!

Go Bison!

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211217/867dc2f041468514575eff6aa9fcab93.jpg

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2021, 07:14 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PjwAUK052f8/ULZ89hLY_rI/AAAAAAAADiE/7zS5fxNU968/s1600/excited-ron-swanson.gif

I'm so ready for this one. Got those playoff fan jitters again for the first time this postseason. Had to miss last week's game for a funeral so my vocal cords have had 2 week's to rest up. Go Bison! Let's get loud!!!

MR. CHICKEN
December 17th, 2021, 07:20 AM

......WENT TA......PARTY LAND..........GOT MAH STREAMERS......xhypedx.....AWK!

Mfergy4
December 17th, 2021, 09:30 AM

The gang and I heading to the game tonight to watch a great game, in a great building, and watch the Bison beat the JMU puny little mutt.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2021, 09:49 AM

......WENT TA......PARTY LAND..........GOT MAH STREAMERS......xhypedx.....AWK!

I’m still contemplating who I want to win this game

like picking between a prostate exam or a trip to Wal-Mart

Historically, I would be all in on the CAA team but they are checking out and still can’t bring myself to pull for the Bizon

Once game time approaches I’ll most likely settle in on the prostate exam or JMU

Catbooster
December 17th, 2021, 10:24 AM
GAMEDAY!!!!!

Go Bison!

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211217/867dc2f041468514575eff6aa9fcab93.jpg
Are the Friday night lights different than the Saturday afternoon lights? Since you play indoors, aren't all of the games under lights? xthumbsupx

Good luck to both teams. Here's to no injuries. xbeerchugx

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2021, 10:28 AM
I’m still contemplating who I want to win this game

like picking between a prostate exam or a trip to wal-mart

Historically, I would be all in on the CAA team but they are checking out and still can’t bring myself to pull for the Bizon

Once game time approaches I’ll most likely settle in on the prostate exam or JMU

I'm so glad I have Meijer now.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2021, 10:46 AM
I'm so glad I have Meijer now.

Is that a medical condition or a store ?

wapiti
December 17th, 2021, 10:47 AM
This game should be on Saturday.
Being on Friday give the winning team a huge advantage for the fans to buy tickets for the championship game.

SUPharmacist
December 17th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Being on Friday give the winning team a huge advantage for the fans to buy tickets for the championship game.

I would imagine the die-hards for all 4 teams are not waiting and just buying their tickets. It seems those on the outside should be able to unload their tickets to whichever teams make it.

Lorne_Malvo
December 17th, 2021, 10:51 AM
https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1471884141465509893?s=20

SUPharmacist
December 17th, 2021, 10:55 AM

The star wars and marvel effects are a little silly, but I like the overall theme. I also liked JMUs one with Abdullah narrating.

Mfergy4
December 17th, 2021, 11:54 AM

Oh Yeah, that got this Old Bull heart a pumping....

dewey
December 17th, 2021, 01:17 PM

I love of the video!

Dewey

dewey
December 17th, 2021, 01:18 PM
The star wars and marvel effects are a little silly, but I like the overall theme. I also liked JMUs one with Abdullah narrating.

Is JMU's on their football twitter page?

Edit. Found it.

Cool video but tonight they won't walk away with the win. Tonight they fly home with the L.

Abdullah was a beast. Much respect for him and Schor.

Dewey

dewey
December 17th, 2021, 01:23 PM
Are the Friday night lights different than the Saturday afternoon lights? Since you play indoors, aren't all of the games under lights? xthumbsupx

Good luck to both teams. Here's to no injuries. xbeerchugx

Friday night lights for the National semifinals are much, much brighterxthumbsupx

Dewey

jacksfan29!
December 17th, 2021, 02:00 PM
What is stopping you from buying a ticket?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2021, 02:06 PM
With positive covid tests causing all sorts of problems in sports, are we definitely good to go tonight with all scheduled participants?

Lorne_Malvo
December 17th, 2021, 02:50 PM
What is stopping you from buying a ticket?

HIS FEAR

Lorne_Malvo
December 17th, 2021, 02:52 PM
With positive covid tests causing all sorts of problems in sports, are we definitely good to go tonight with all scheduled participants?

Rumor on JMU board about 4 players failing drug/ped tests. Nothing verified though.

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2021, 05:29 PM
Which is why I bought my ticket on Monday.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2021, 06:59 PM
The CCU vs NIU bowl game is only at half. No chance this game is starting on ESPN2 at 9:15.....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2021, 08:16 PM
Here we go! Game starting on ESPN NEWS!

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2021, 08:19 PM
Is the ESPN stream live for anyone else yet?

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2021, 08:22 PM
Is the ESPN stream live for anyone else yet?

no

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:25 PM
Bison convert on the first two third down plays but now 3rd and long. Bison punting.

Bison56
December 17th, 2021, 08:26 PM
Dropped pass on 3rd down, have to make those catches.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:26 PM
JMU returner makes a mistake and fields inside the 5. Tackled at the 12. JMU takes their first offensive possession at the 12.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Really? Calling a draw on 2nd and 14?

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Dropped pass on 3rd down, have to make those catches.
Was thrown a little behind him. Not a great pass but yes have to convert on those plays.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2021, 08:28 PM
Let's go but Roehl needs to read the game and not try and make dumb decisions.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:29 PM
3rd and about 5 for JMU

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:29 PM
JMU can't convert on third. No gain. JMU punting.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2021, 08:30 PM
Wow, shocker. JMU players are cocky-arrogant assholes.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:30 PM
Bison winning the early field position battle.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2021, 08:31 PM
JFC

took 30 minutes for 2 minutes of game time in this stupid Bowl game

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:33 PM
Bison play action and get across midfield and a first down. Ball on the

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:34 PM
5 yards on first down. Ball on the 45 of JMU

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:35 PM
Bison convert and another 1st down. Bison starting to roll. Ball at JMU 36

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Boom! TD Bison!!

BisonBacker
Bison TD

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:36 PM
7-0 Bison

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2021, 08:36 PM
What a play! Hunter Luepke is a man among boys.

Bison56
December 17th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Nice drive by the Bison for a TD

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:39 PM
5 plays 2:36 off the clock on that drive by the Bison. JMU ball on the 22.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:40 PM
Bison defense playing the run strong. 2 yards on the first down play.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:41 PM
JMU gets their first 1st down on a pass for 12 yards.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:42 PM
Bison sack the JMU QB! Loss of 4

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:42 PM
JMU dodges a bullet on a bad snap. 3rd and long.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:43 PM
JMU punting for the second time. Crowd noise causing problems or JMU.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:43 PM
Bison start at the 23 after a punt of a little over 40 yards.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2021, 08:44 PM
Defense and crowd making a difference.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:45 PM
Bison convert on a long pass. Ball on the JMU 45. Bison offense starting to really confuse the JMU defense.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:46 PM
3rd and 7 for the Bison.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:46 PM
Patterson in and gets a 12 yard gain and the first down. End of 1st qtr. Bison moving the ball.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:50 PM
Cam Miller 6 of 7 in that first quarter for 87 yards.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:51 PM
3rd and 6 for the Bison at the 26

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2021, 08:52 PM
Bison add a FG! That might have been good from 60...

BisonBacker
Bison kicking a field goal as they can't convert on 3rd. A 43 yard attempt. Field Goal Good. 10-0 Bison up.

TheKingpin28
Just need NDSU to sustain those drives.

Bison56
December 17th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Waiting to see a pass for QP.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:54 PM
Waiting to see a pass for QP.

Yeah we all are. You know it's going to happen at some point.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:56 PM
JMU runs the kick back to the 25. 129-16 bison outgaining JMU.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:57 PM
JMU biggest gain. Ball at the 49

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 08:58 PM
JMU offense showing some life. Playing hurry up.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 09:00 PM
Bison D intercepts JMU!!

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2021, 09:01 PM
Dawson Weber out here making plays!

Christiank22
Bison defense coming up HUGE

JSUSoutherner
Well that was a dumb throw.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 09:04 PM
Bison QB Patterson sacked. 2nd and 15 from the 15. What the heck is Tyler Roehl thinking? He puts QP in to pass on 1st down and then on 2nd has Cam Miller running?

Carolina010
December 17th, 2021, 09:05 PM
That was a terrible play in the pick. If he throws it to the right guy it’s a walk in touchdown

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 09:05 PM
JMU defense gets away with Pass interference. Bison punting.

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2021, 09:06 PM
JMU defense gets away with Pass interference. Bison punting.
If that's a PI then you watch some pansy ass football.

TheKingpin28
Weber wanted INT #2

TheKingpin28
If that's a PI then you watch some pansy ass football.Well it was definitely a hold.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2021, 09:07 PM
JMU's QB looks really rattled right now....

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 09:07 PM
If that's a PI then you watch some pansy ass football.
Then you don't know what PI is.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 09:08 PM
JMU punting again.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2021, 09:09 PM
DON'T GET TOO CUTE ROHL.

Bison56
December 17th, 2021, 09:10 PM
Need to have a sustained drive here.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 09:12 PM
Bison big run on 1st down. 35 yard gain.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2021, 09:13 PM
Damn! This is impressive! JMU looks outclassed so far....

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 09:14 PM
Bison going for it on 4th down and get the 1st down.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 09:14 PM
Luepke is steamrolling these guys.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Well there was the first pass and what should have been a td and ball is dropped.