PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Semifinal: #3 James Madison @ #2 North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Born Rabbit Fan
December 18th, 2021, 01:32 AM
I don’t love your school and idk why you would either. From fans to head coach there is zero class so I will not show any either

You are a perfect example of one of the biggest problems in the world as a whole today!!!

It appears that you are offended by people who behave in a way which exhibits a lack of class ( what is the definition for that I wonder? some combination of good character, integrity, respectfulness, and kindness, i guess is what i would describe)

If you have a goal for people, or at least sports fans, to behave with MORE CLASS, then does it NOT make sense that you should behave with class yourself???

instead you willingly CHOOSE to copy the behavior you claim to despise.

please give a reasonable answer to the question:
FIRST- how how HOW does that do anything at all to begin changing the problem????

SECOND- how does it make even the tiniest shred of sense???

Buddy i just gotta say, i do not know you at all. so i am going to hope that you get a bit too emotional about football games and consequently make some poor decisions and exhibit poor judgement and behavior. i hope when the emotions get back out of the driver seat that you can realize the poor decisions. i am going to go ahead and guess that outside of these overly emotional moments that you are a good dude. Merry Christmas, i wish you the best, along with all the fans here from both teams

dewey
December 18th, 2021, 01:41 AM
Wow! What a game!

Here are my thoughts from the game.
1. Did anyone expect anything else from these 2 excellent programs? Wow. What a game. My 8 years old son and my voices are gone! He was arguably more jacked than I was. That was a memory that he will have forever.
2. NDSU had a chance right before half to go up 17-0 and the NDSU OC got stupidly cute. Get #44 the ball and run right up the middle 4 times.
3. Huge drive by JMU to start the 3rd quarter.
4. Great play on special teams by JMU to block the punt.
5. Cam Miller was off on some throws in the 3rd quarter that killed some drives.
6. Destin Mother ******* Telbert! What an amazing 1 handed pick! That might be the best pick I have ever seen.
7. Hunter Leupke with 110 yards rushing amd 89 yards receiving plays the 2 TD's. BEAST!
8. Good luck JMU going to the FBS. NDSU and JMU have had quite the playoff rivalry the last 5 years. I always had an eye on the Dukes every year for the last 5 years. Much respect from this fan for the JMU program and I will miss these classic slobber knocker games. Safe travels home from Fargo to the JMU team and fans.

9. Huge hustle play by the NDSU DE to smash Johnson at the end of the game.

10. I am excited to be going to Frisco with my 2 oldest boys. I can't wait!

Dewey

unknown3
December 18th, 2021, 02:26 AM
Oh look, NDSU is in the championship game again. I, am, surprised.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2021, 05:08 AM
Yeah... that happened...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51754308781_2c85727397_b.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5yc3y6.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51754349266_05f50fcce3_b.jpg

Christiank22
December 18th, 2021, 06:02 AM
You are a perfect example of one of the biggest problems in the world as a whole today!!!

It appears that you are offended by people who behave in a way which exhibits a lack of class ( what is the definition for that I wonder? some combination of good character, integrity, respectfulness, and kindness, i guess is what i would describe)

If you have a goal for people, or at least sports fans, to behave with MORE CLASS, then does it NOT make sense that you should behave with class yourself???

instead you willingly CHOOSE to copy the behavior you claim to despise.

please give a reasonable answer to the question:
FIRST- how how HOW does that do anything at all to begin changing the problem????

SECOND- how does it make even the tiniest shred of sense???

Buddy i just gotta say, i do not know you at all. so i am going to hope that you get a bit too emotional about football games and consequently make some poor decisions and exhibit poor judgement and behavior. i hope when the emotions get back out of the driver seat that you can realize the poor decisions. i am going to go ahead and guess that outside of these overly emotional moments that you are a good dude. Merry Christmas, i wish you the best, along with all the fans here from both teams

It’s a football forum. It ain’t that big man.

Christiank22
December 18th, 2021, 06:14 AM
Lmao cignetti bitching about “arbitrary ranking system making us play on the road”

Don’t lose to Nova and play in a pud conference.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 06:51 AM
JMU, please take the Bison to FBS with you. I will miss this match up, but JMU leaving makes FCS even more top heavy than it already is

Missed the First Quarter due the stupid FBS bowl game where a player was flopping on almost every play. Then in 4th quarter the real game goes dead and message said game was no longer available with about 5 minutes left. Thank you Youtube TV. Somebody mentioned they dropped all Disney owned channels but only know it sucked.

with all the complaining about the refs at least they didn’t call 20 penalties and turn it into a flag fest. Let’s face it, the refs always suck under the bright lights in a big game like this, just ask the fans.

It appeared the refs que for calling illegal motion were Bison players calling it, horrible

some of those calls were very delayed and borderline, Barely any movement at all from what I could see

Entz is the new Bobby Knight

UNHWildcat18
December 18th, 2021, 07:10 AM
Lmao cignetti bitching about “arbitrary ranking system making us play on the road”

You mean the conference that’s been ranked 1-3 for the last 20 years? yeah we’ve slipped a bit the last few years but to call the CAA a pud conference as last night the two best teams from each had a very close game…. Shows what a turd you are.

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2021, 07:20 AM
JMU, please take the Bison to FBS with you. I will miss this match up, but JMU leaving makes FCS even more top heavy than it already is

Missed the First Quarter due the stupid FBS bowl game where a player was flopping on almost every play. Then in 4th quarter the real game goes dead and message said game was no longer available with about 5 minutes left. Thank you Youtube TV. Somebody mentioned they dropped all Disney owned channels but only know it sucked.

with all the complaining about the refs at least they didn’t call 20 penalties and turn it into a flag fest. Let’s face it, the refs always suck under the bright lights in a big game like this, just ask the fans.

It appeared the refs que for calling illegal motion were Bison players calling it, horrible

some of those calls were very delayed and borderline, Barely any movement at all from what I could see

......DUH MISERABLE......BASTARD.........JUMPED ON UH COACH......WHEN.....MADISON STOPPED 'EM AT GOAL LINE...AN' SETTLED FO' FG.....WAY TA GROOM BOYS...TA MEN.....AWK!

kdinva
December 18th, 2021, 07:24 AM
Roughing the passer? No call.

would have been called in a reg. season SoCon game....

Laker
December 18th, 2021, 07:24 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FG3yosZXIAY3GdC?format=jpg&name=large

kdinva
December 18th, 2021, 07:27 AM
TD Bison!! #44 is a beast!!

two big plays by this player, did JMU think he was too slow to cover?

TennBison
December 18th, 2021, 07:33 AM
two big plays by this player, did JMU think he was too slow to cover?
He has that "Great Plains Speed"

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2021, 07:34 AM
would have been called in a reg. season SoCon game....

.....DAT WAS...SOGONE OFFICIALS.....IN DUH DOME....xflaggedx...BRAWK!

TennBison
December 18th, 2021, 07:37 AM
Yeah... that happened...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51754308781_2c85727397_b.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/5yc3y6.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51754349266_05f50fcce3_b.jpg
#6, intercepting JMU's dreams for a living.

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2021, 07:38 AM
Bison will need better play calling in Frisco. None of this cute stuff.

Christiank22
December 18th, 2021, 07:40 AM
You mean the conference that’s been ranked 1-3 for the last 20 years? yeah we’ve slipped a bit the last few years but to call the CAA a pud conference as last night the two best teams from each had a very close game…. Shows what a turd you are.

Aww yes the CAA with 1 natty in 10 years.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2021, 07:49 AM
What a great game to be at. Got home at 1:30!!

Luepke was a beast last night. JMU had no answer for him. #6 INT was off the charts!! NDSU's clock management right before halftime was pathetic. Should have had a TD.

Hats off to the NDSU defense. Held JMU to their lower points total and yardage for a game this year. xthumbsupx

3 weeks will help NDSU get back most of their injured players.

9 championship appearances in 13 years of playoff eligibility!!

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2021, 07:49 AM

.....AN' WHERE'S YOURS ??????????......xdontknowx.....AWK!

TennBison
December 18th, 2021, 07:56 AM
I will say this....and the POD can confirm. When it came to opposing fanbases visiting Fargo (I realize this isn't a large enough sample size), the only notable "weird" interactions....or lack there of.....was JMU 2011. Usually, you can have pretty good banter with people in the lots....but the JMU crowd was standoff-ish and borderline nomadic....it was weird. xlolx
Mixed crowd of JMU fans. The ones who came to our tailgate (before and after the game) were great folks. Eating drinking and telling stories. But for some reason the JMU fans I encountered in the dome and on smoke break were just different. Like they were elitist, and could not be bothered. I made a comment to one guy while on smoke break at halftime, he just looked at me from head to toe and turned around without saying a word.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 08:02 AM
Bison will need better play calling in Frisco. None of this cute stuff.

not really

Championship game is just a formality

Daytripper
December 18th, 2021, 08:34 AM

Losers whine and make excuses. Winners congratulate the other team and discuss their own team's deficiencies. Cignetti is the former.

Christiank22
December 18th, 2021, 08:39 AM
.....AN' WHERE'S YOURS ??????????......xdontknowx.....AWK!

Went to NDSU bud. Not my fault tapatalk won’t let me change my team

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2021, 08:46 AM
Looking to get my 4 tickets thru the NDSU allotment for the title game!

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 08:50 AM
Goddam! WGAF! NDSU won,,, JMU lost.. in a perfect world they both could of got a L..

Nothing more to see here,, move along little boyzzz..

Goooo.. Bunnies [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

penguinpower
December 18th, 2021, 08:50 AM
Sorry JMU. Have fun being losers in FBS. Too bad Cignetti is a joke of a coach and Johnson is overrated as all hell. I won’t miss you, you arrogant east coast losers.

Post of the year

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2021, 08:51 AM
Went to NDSU bud. Not my fault tapatalk won’t let me change my team

....DIDN'T CROSS YER MIND....TA GET URSUS.........YER POSTS ARE MIS-LEADIN'.......GET IT FIXED.....BUD........AWK!

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 08:55 AM
....DIDN'T CROSS YER MIND....TA GET URSUS.........YER POSTS ARE MIS-LEADIN'.......GET IT FIXED.....BUD........AWK!.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211218/7535ef6112601d0aeb2b778987180e95.jpg

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 08:55 AM

Bull**** on the illegal motion calls. Saw everyone of them from my seat. And defensive players always signal these things. I want to see the replay on the one they called on the Bison, the bison TE goes in motion, their DL appeared to jump across and our online reacted.

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2021, 09:08 AM
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211218/7535ef6112601d0aeb2b778987180e95.jpg

....YER THREE PAGES UH PENGUIN RECRUITS...IS DRYIN' UP.......GO REVIVE IT.....AWK!

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 09:09 AM
....YER THREE PAGES UH PENGUIN RECRUITS...IS DRYIN' UP.......GO REVIVE IT.....AWK![emoji1787]

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Good game. Fun time. Refs can kiss my ass. That’s all I got in this one. Which conference were they out of anyway?
Yea. Could have used a few holding calls on JMU.

Keep working on your whine game, I am sure the Sun Belt has a fan board. Bring your A game you are in the big leagues now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2021, 09:22 AM

Keep working on your whine game, I am sure the Sun Belt has a fan board. Bring your A game you are in the big leagues now.

Both OTs for JMU were pretty bad for holding. Thomas got mugged numerous times with no calls.

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2021, 09:23 AM
....SOGONE REFS.......xflaggedx......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 09:27 AM
Bull**** on the illegal motion calls. Saw everyone of them from my seat. And defensive players always signal these things. I want to see the replay on the one they called on the Bison, the bison TE goes in motion, their DL appeared to jump across and our online reacted.

I planned to watch it again, must be an electronic motion detector installed up in the rafters

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 09:35 AM
I planned to watch it again, must be an electronic motion detector installed up in the rafters
Go ahead and post the replays. Why don’t you post the replays on all of the missed holding calls on both the JMU tackles.

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2021, 09:35 AM

...WON'T CHANGE DUH RESULTS.........NO ONE LEFT....TA BATTLE FARGO......LEST CARTY'S......MURRAY/NELSON/RAYMOND & KEELER.......xsmhx......AWK!

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 09:39 AM
...WON'T CHANGE DUH RESULTS.........NO ONE LEFT....TA BATTLE FARGO......LEST CARTY'S......MURRAY/NELSON/RAYMOND & KEELER.......xsmhx......AWK!
There are people left to battle NDSU. Teams in the MVFC don’t seem to have a problem beating us. We have lost two in a row to SDSU.

Here is a thought, get better. Hopefully the coaching change will turn things around at UD.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Anyone else going to challenge the Big Sky and Valley for top dogs in the FCS?

Doubt it.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 09:49 AM
Go ahead and post the replays. Why don’t you post the replays on all of the missed holding calls on both the JMU tackles.

because the non holding calls even out, there was a blatant non call on a Bison in 4th quarter even Stevie Wonder called to say he saw it

Those illegal motion penalties always get me fired up, ultimately they had to tell that one fat JMU OL just don’t move ... created a half step advantage late in game leading to all the pressure Johnson was under

If S Dak St wis today you beat em in Frisco, and if Monty St wins you will curb stomp em

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2021, 09:56 AM
Who would bring more fans to Frisco?

Montana State or SDSU

xchinscratchx

dewey
December 18th, 2021, 09:58 AM

Montana State or SDSU

xchinscratchx

Montana State.

SDSU has already moved onto basketball season.

Dewey

jmu007
December 18th, 2021, 10:11 AM

Have fun at the kiddie table.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2021, 10:13 AM

Have fun being irrelevant in the Sum Belch....xlolx

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2021, 10:15 AM

Montana State or SDSU

xchinscratchx
Montana State. But all the tickets are sold already so it's going to be packed either way. Selfishly I want a Marker rematch.

I'm just glad NDSU won so I get to finally experience that tailgate.

Libertine
December 18th, 2021, 10:19 AM
....SOGONE REFS.......xflaggedx......BRAWK!

I didn't watch enough of this game to see how the officiating played out overall but I hate that FCS officiating crews officiate FCS playoff games. Coaches used to dread playing at SoCon opponents because SoCon officials weren't just bad, they were belligerently so. When we played JMU in '14, we had NEC officials who were absolutely atrocious but, at least, were atrocious both ways. \

I think that, when the games matter more, the officiating should be better. The Big South already contracts with the ACC for officiating so how hard would it be for the playoffs to use FBS crews who are, presumably, more experienced and used to making high-pressure calls?

ST_Lawson
December 18th, 2021, 10:24 AM

Doubt it.

Especially when all the teams that could challenge them head off to the FBS.

acbearkat
December 18th, 2021, 10:28 AM
I didn't watch enough of this game to see how the officiating played out overall but I hate that FCS officiating crews officiate FCS playoff games. Coaches used to dread playing at SoCon opponents because SoCon officials weren't just bad, they were belligerently so. When we played JMU in '14, we had NEC officials who were absolutely atrocious but, at least, were atrocious both ways. \

I think that, when the games matter more, the officiating should be better. The Big South already contracts with the ACC for officiating so how hard would it be for the playoffs to use FBS crews who are, presumably, more experienced and used to making high-pressure calls?

Don’t get Big 12 officials. Officiating in the Big 12 for years has been questionable at best, incompetent at worst. Back in 2015, when Texas played Oklahoma State in Austin, the officials called Texas defensive tackle Poona Ford for holding on a run play when he was the one being held.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 10:29 AM
4-1

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2021, 10:30 AM

Doubt it.
Idk. I have it on good authority that Kennesaw State thinks they're going to be the next James Madison. xlolx

If you ask me they're currently more like Billy Madison.

Bison56
December 18th, 2021, 10:31 AM
4-1

Well 4 of those games were the worst games they ever played.

Libertine
December 18th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Don’t get Big 12 officials. Officiating in the Big 12 for years has been questionable at best, incompetent at worst. Back in 2015, when Texas played Oklahoma State in Austin, the officials called Texas defensive tackle Poona Ford for holding on a run play when he was the one being held.

Sure, we can all point to egregious officiating mistakes at the FBS level. But, on average, if you were playing a do-or-die game would you rather have an officiating crew that is used to that situation or an officiating crew that is still breaking in a guy fresh up from D2 or NAIA?

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Have fun at the kiddie table.Bye bye PUKES.. have fun playing for a 6 win season and an invite to the IDGAF Bowl..

Can't happen to a better group of people..

Bison56
December 18th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Anyone have links to the press conferences?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 10:58 AM
I honestly feel a bit bad for both of these programs.

NDSU clearly has virtually no competition at the FCS level. I hate to devalue their accomplishments but they're such a big fish in a small pond at this point. I don't know what the answer is.

JMU will never compete for a national title again. The Sun Belt has improved dramatically but in the grand scheme of things it's an irrelevant FBS conference (completely at the mercy of ESPN)) when it comes to competing for a championship. The current bowl system is truly horrific. The FCS Playoffs are a million times better and it's not close. We can harp on the NCAA all we want but they run the FCS playoffs far better than ESPN runs the playoffs/bowls imo. The FBS postseason is a farce.

If I'm JMU I really focus on basketball. They have a new arena and a legit chance to compete and advance. Football will always be there to draw fans/alums back to campus and for community engagement. Basketball is now the sport that provides a better platform for national success imo.

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 11:11 AM

NDSU clearly has virtually no competition at the FCS level. I hate to devalue their accomplishments but they're such a big fish in a small pond at this point. I don't know what the answer is.

JMU will never compete for a national title again. The Sun Belt has improved dramatically but in the grand scheme of things it's an irrelevant FBS conference (completely at the mercy of ESPN)) when it comes to competing for a championship. The current bowl system is truly horrific. The FCS Playoffs are a million times better and it's not close. We can harp on the NCAA all we want but they run the FCS playoffs far better than ESPN runs the playoffs/bowls imo. The FBS postseason is a farce.

If I'm JMU I really focus on basketball. They have a new arena and a legit chance to compete and advance. Football will always be there to draw fans/alums back to campus and for community engagement. Basketball is now the sport that provides a better platform for national success imo.I agree.. I'd love to find out as a fan if you could really get sick of winning? Not going to bore anyone with YSU's 90's success but I didn't feel we didn't have competition? Crazy to me no matter what happens at NDSU, coach change, players leaving they never skip a beat..

Still say they're 1 FBS in 1 FCS clothing.. maybe we can start a gofundme to move them up? [emoji1787]

dewey
December 18th, 2021, 11:21 AM
Anyone have links to the press conferences?

Here is the NDSU post game press conference.

Watch "NDSU Football: Postgame Press Conference - 12-17-2021" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/l-CrTUUMQY0

Dewey

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 11:23 AM

If I'm JMU I really focus on basketball. They have a new arena and a legit chance to compete and advance. Football will always be there to draw fans/alums back to campus and for community engagement. Basketball is now the sport that provides a better platform for national success imo.
If the FBS expands to a 12 team playoff and guarantees the top G5 champion a spot it’ll greatly help. As of now the MWC will be the only G5 conference worth a damn once the AAC teams and BYU move into the Big 12.

FCS playoffs might be more exciting but winning bowl games is still better, just look at App State, Liberty, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, and now CCU.

lionsrking2
December 18th, 2021, 11:25 AM
I agree.. I'd love to find out as a fan if you could really get sick of winning? Not going to bore anyone with YSU's 90's success but I didn't feel we didn't have competition? Crazy to me no matter what happens at NDSU, coach change, players leaving they never skip a beat..

Still say they're 1 FBS in 1 FCS clothing.. maybe we can start a gofundme to move them up? [emoji1787]

Didn’t NDSU lose to a team still in the playoffs?

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Didn’t NDSU lose to a team still in the playoffs?Yup and poised for a rematch to redeem theirselves unless the pointed eared cats can win....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2021, 11:29 AM
If the FBS expands to a 12 team playoff and guarantees the top G5 champion a spot it’ll greatly help. As of now the MWC will be the only G5 conference worth a damn once the AAC teams and BYU move into the Big 12.

FCS playoffs might be more exciting but winning bowl games is still better, just look at App State, Liberty, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, and now CCU.

I completely disagree that winning a bowl game is better. It's a meaningless exhibition game. That CCU vs NIU game last night was pointless outside of being used as "slot filler" for ESPN. CCU got their first bowl win but it matters very little. Their win over BYU and some of their regular season achievements carry far more weight imo.

I don't see the playoffs really expanding to 12. Even it does their "inclusiveness" will still be dictated by $$$ and other "powers of influence" to ensure the "second tier" FBS programs remain just that.

ysubigred
December 18th, 2021, 11:34 AM
I completely disagree that winning a bowl game is better. It's a meaningless exhibition game. That CCU vs NIU game last night was pointless outside of being used as "slot filler" for ESPN. CCU got their first bowl win but it matters very little. Their win over BYU and some of their regular season achievements carry far more weight imo.

I don't see the playoffs really expanding to 12. Even it does their "inclusiveness" will still be dictated by $$$ and other "powers of influence" to ensure the "second tier" FBS programs remain just that.To add some players don't want to go to meaningless bowls especially "IF" their NFL bound or think they're good enough [emoji848]

Watching the Bocca bowl. WKU and Appy State. Two of the old school 1FCS powers..

TennBison
December 18th, 2021, 11:39 AM

CCU played in the very first bowl game of this season. Do you know what that means??? They are considered to be the most irrelevant team in the FBS that gets to play one additional game this season. Nothing exciting about that. NDSU gets to play for a ring, CCU got what.............. a gift package to Bed Bath and Beyond??

Winindy
December 18th, 2021, 11:44 AM
CCU played in the very first bowl game of this season. Do you know what that means??? They are considered to be the most irrelevant team in the FBS that gets to play one additional game this season. Nothing exciting about that. NDSU gets to play for a ring, CCU got what.............. a gift package to Bed Bath and Beyond??They also get the privilege of paying for their allotment just for taking the game. So, irrelevant bowl game and it costs them to play it. Sounds fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 11:45 AM
Well 4 of those games were the worst games they ever played.
Yea. I know. They didn’t bring their A game in any of those. They can shove their A game up their A hole.

kdinva
December 18th, 2021, 11:46 AM
.....DAT WAS...SOGONE OFFICIALS.....IN DUH DOME....xflaggedx...BRAWK!

I know, hence my post

Sitting Bull
December 18th, 2021, 11:48 AM
NDSU FCS semi in Fargo: 16,550 attendance
CCU/NIU Cure Bowl: 9,765 attendance

If going to a G5 “Bowl game” was really all that exciting, you would think more people might attend them.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 11:49 AM
because the non holding calls even out, there was a blatant non call on a Bison in 4th quarter even Stevie Wonder called to say he saw it

Those illegal motion penalties always get me fired up, ultimately they had to tell that one fat JMU OL just don’t move ... created a half step advantage late in game leading to all the pressure Johnson was under

If S Dak St wis today you beat em in Frisco, and if Monty St wins you will curb stomp em
Every one of the motion penalties was legit and they missed a few on them as well. You guys can beat this made up penalty narrative all day long. It gets tiring and it is weak as ****. And how do you know the holding penalties even out. Do you count them. If they even out why even have it as a penalty. It doesn’t even out. Some offensive lines are better than others.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2021, 12:44 PM
Hats off to JMU on a great season and one hell of a game last night. Your boys gave a heck of an effort and never quit. Good luck at the FBS level it's been a lot of fun playing you guys over the years!

Born Rabbit Fan
December 18th, 2021, 12:44 PM
YES!! i would say that there were definitely some holding calls NOT called against the NDSU O Line also, but the fact that holding was NEVER called the entire game was definitely advantage for JMU. i am actually shocked that not one person cheering for jmu or against ndsu complained about pass interference against #6. i am NOT saying it was and do not believe it was!! but ya know the whole PI call is messed up as much or more than any other call and i would NOT have been surprised if the ref had thrown the flag.

i mean last week against nova, gardner got called for PI on a pass he defended PERFECTLY! it was literally training video perfect and he got flagged

kdinva
December 18th, 2021, 01:34 PM

If going to a G5 “Bowl game” was really all that exciting, you would think more people might attend them.

yep, looked like maybe 6K in Boca Raton today

marenlee
December 18th, 2021, 02:41 PM

Bowl games over report attendance which include all tickets sold. FCS playoffs under report. Band and comp tickets don’t count as attendance. So it’s even worse.

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Have fun at the kiddie table.Have fun at the Idaho Potato Bowl

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 18th, 2021, 04:12 PM
Have fun at the Idaho Potato Bowl

Seriously. I would like NDSU to move up but I am out on these lame assed bowl games. I won’t go to one and I might watch one if I have nothing else to do. I will in attendance during the regular season but they can stick these broke assed bowl games where the sun don’t shine.

UNHWildcat18
December 18th, 2021, 05:12 PM

a single team has 8 out of ten….. pretty **** point. Again to call the CAA bad because they are not NDSU shows your lack of intelligence. Apparently every conference even MVFC besides NDSU is ****ty.

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2021, 05:41 PM
Seriously. I would like NDSU to move up but I am out on these lame assed bowl games. I won’t go to one and I might watch one if I have nothing else to do. I will in attendance during the regular season but they can stick these broke assed bowl games where the sun don’t shine.I'd like for NDSU to move up, but not at the expense of not having a fair shot at competing for a national title. The competition in the FCS is about to close to none and it really sucks, but unless they have that shot or a NY6 bowl, it's hard to say "yes" to that.

I'd still like to see NDSU, SDSU, Montana, and Montana St try and move up as a group of 4. I know it's a pipe dream but it would be nice.

uofmman1122
December 18th, 2021, 05:44 PM
I'd like for NDSU to move up, but not at the expense of not having a fair shot at competing for a national title. The competition in the FCS is about to close to none and it really sucks, but unless they have that shot or a NY6 bowl, it's hard to say "yes" to that.

I'd still like to see NDSU, SDSU, Montana, and Montana St try and move up as a group of 4. I know it's a pipe dream but it would be nice.

There's been a lot of comments on Griz twitter the last couple days about moving up and forming a conference with UM, MSU, NDSU, SDSU, UNI, Idaho, and a few other debatable schools like Cal Poly, UC Davis, Sac State, Weber, UND, USD, etc. (EWU can hardly afford to stay FCS, there's no way they could move to FBS)

Personally, I think these schools need to look into doing it in the next 5 years or so. That would be a killer mid-major basketball conference, too. I also don't think it's a pipe dream.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2021, 05:49 PM
YES!! i would say that there were definitely some holding calls NOT called against the NDSU O Line also, but the fact that holding was NEVER called the entire game was definitely advantage for JMU. i am actually shocked that not one person cheering for jmu or against ndsu complained about pass interference against #6. i am NOT saying it was and do not believe it was!! but ya know the whole PI call is messed up as much or more than any other call and i would NOT have been surprised if the ref had thrown the flag.

i mean last week against nova, gardner got called for PI on a pass he defended PERFECTLY! it was literally training video perfect and he got flagged

From a college official---------He is allowed the space he's occupying and can use his arm to maintain separation as he's playing the ball. He can't make contact and then extend his arm to create separation. If he wasn't playing the ball that could have been a foul.

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 05:58 PM
There's been a lot of comments on Griz twitter the last couple days about moving up and forming a conference with UM, MSU, NDSU, SDSU, UNI, Idaho, and a few other debatable schools like Cal Poly, UC Davis, Sac State, Weber, UND, USD, etc. (EWU can hardly afford to stay FCS, there's no way they could move to FBS)

Personally, I think these schools need to look into doing it in the next 5 years or so. That would be a killer mid-major basketball conference, too. I also don't think it's a pipe dream.
No idea what the rules are about creating new conferences in the FBS, specifically one that consists of FCS teams. It needs a good name though, the Great West Conference seems like an appropriate name.

- - - Updated - - -

yep, looked like maybe 6K in Boca Raton today
Looked like five people at the Independence Bowl.

acbearkat
December 18th, 2021, 06:05 PM
No idea what the rules are about creating new conferences in the FBS, specifically one that consists of FCS teams. It needs a good name though, the Great West Conference seems like an appropriate name.

- - - Updated - - -

Looked like five people at the Independence Bowl.

The Independence Bowl used to be a Big 12/SEC matchup. Not anymore.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Seriously. I would like NDSU to move up but I am out on these lame assed bowl games. I won’t go to one and I might watch one if I have nothing else to do. I will in attendance during the regular season but they can stick these broke assed bowl games where the sun don’t shine.

what about the hookers and blow bowl? 🤢

JacksFan40
December 18th, 2021, 06:49 PM
The reason I wouldn’t want SDSU in the MWC is because the reward for winning the conference is a spot in the Jimmy Kimmel Bowl….

WeAreThePride
December 18th, 2021, 07:12 PM
The reason I wouldn’t want SDSU in the MWC is because the reward for winning the conference is a spot in the Jimmy Kimmel Bowl….
That is one titanic ego, to name a bowl after yourself.

Sitting Bull
December 18th, 2021, 08:12 PM

The question is move up to what? You’re moving “up” with all the other G5 schools who think they are competing with the P5. They’re not, ask Boise. It’s becoming a dead end.

You’re certainly not moving up to compete for a national championship. And it can’t be money, all these G5 programs are losing money, and stripping away their other men’s athletic teams to balance the ridiculous travel and expenses. And you trade in a piece of your autonomy to the whims of ESPN.

In CAA football, here are the “move up” schools since 1990:
UConn
UMass
ODU
There’s no success story among these. You could argue their football has gone backwards and UConn aside, their attendance has actually dropped from CAA days.

Bison56
December 18th, 2021, 10:07 PM
The question is move up to what? You’re moving “up” with all the other G5 schools who think they are competing with the P5. They’re not, ask Boise. It’s becoming a dead end.

You’re certainly not moving up to compete for a national championship. And it can’t be money, all these G5 programs are losing money, and stripping away their other men’s athletic teams to balance the ridiculous travel and expenses. And you trade in a piece of your autonomy to the whims of ESPN.

UConn
UMass
ODU
There’s no success story among these. You could argue their football has gone backwards and UConn aside, their attendance has actually dropped from CAA days.

It's about having the FBS label. For example now fans of JMU can brag that they are big boys now playing for a chance to play in the Dr. Thunder bowl.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2021, 10:56 AM
I'd like for NDSU to move up, but not at the expense of not having a fair shot at competing for a national title. The competition in the FCS is about to close to none and it really sucks, but unless they have that shot or a NY6 bowl, it's hard to say "yes" to that.

Yea. That type of move up with them would be cool. It would be nice to have some decent destination away games. But it won’t happen.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2021, 11:12 AM

UConn
UMass
ODU

these are all excellent points but how come nobody ever comes back?

dewey
December 19th, 2021, 11:15 AM
these are all excellent points but how come nobody ever comes back?

I bet they don't move down out of ego and image.

Dewey

JacksFan40
December 19th, 2021, 11:18 AM

UConn
UMass
ODU
For those failures what about the successful teams? App State, Marshall, WKU, Troy, CCU, Liberty, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, etc.?

Northern Colorado was a solid D2 team back in the day but is now a perennial basement dweller in the FCS, was their move a mistake?

Also Idaho is the only one to move up and back down, and it destroyed their program even more than it already was.

JacksFan40
December 19th, 2021, 11:25 AM

I could see a scenario where the Big 12 expands to 16 and takes Boise and either Colorado State or San Diego State from the MWC alongside of Memphis and SMU from the AAC. This would decimate the MWC losing their big money program in Boise and could make it so that the AAC possibly poaches Air Force and another MWC team to replenish its ranks. The AAC already tried to get Air Force before but failed. That would remove four MWC teams and open the door for SDSU, NDSU, and the Montana schools to move up if invited.

Sitting Bull
December 19th, 2021, 11:44 AM
Also Idaho is the only one to move up and back down, and it destroyed their program even more than it already was.

Idaho ruined a very successful football program when they “moved up” into a league full of teams from the Deep South. They’re no worse off back in the Big Sky. Same with UMass, another that flushed away a good program.

It’s about building status, that’s pretty obvious. Only the respective schools should control that though in many cases, it’s the state taxpayer (CT, Mass, etc).

My point now is it’s getting awfully crowded in G5 and the leagues are basically FCS on steroids. They’re never getting into the big club. Time will tell how long this can last.

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Yea. That type of move up with them would be cool. It would be nice to have some decent destination away games. But it won’t happen.I'd be down for that. Honestly, add UNI and Idaho and take the southern 6 CUSA schools and you'd be set.

4 pods of 3.

Idaho
Montana
Montana St

NDSU
SDSU
UNI

New Mexico
New Mexico St
SHSU

JSU
FIU
12th school.

Obviously they'd break it into northern and southern divisions but you only play the opposite pod every other year to help limit travel. So H-H with Southwestern pod and then 2 years later, H-H with Southeastern pod and contiue to rotate off.

SDFS
December 19th, 2021, 12:18 PM
SHSU, JSU, and FIU - I don't think they would be interested in a Northern based conference. You are better off with just those 8 and is UNI going to have the support at the State level for FBS? Not sure, maybe others may know.

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2021, 12:27 PM
I'd be down for that. Honestly, add UNI and Idaho and take the southern 6 CUSA schools and you'd be set.

4 pods of 3.

Idaho
Montana
Montana St

NDSU
SDSU
UNI

New Mexico
New Mexico St
SHSU

JSU
FIU
12th school.

Obviously they'd break it into northern and southern divisions but you only play the opposite pod every other year to help limit travel. So H-H with Southwestern pod and then 2 years later, H-H with Southeastern pod and contiue to rotate off.

Absolutely ****ing not.

WeAreThePride
December 19th, 2021, 04:17 PM

UConn
UMass
ODU
I must be going crazy. I thought I was living in a universe in which Cincinnati is about to play #1 Alabama for the right to go to the National Championship game.

Sitting Bull
December 19th, 2021, 05:58 PM
I must be going crazy. I thought I was living in a universe in which Cincinnati is about to play #1 Alabama for the right to go to the National Championship game.

Cincinnati has never been FCS. Neither has Alabama, Georgia or Michigan.

JacksFan40
December 19th, 2021, 06:44 PM
Cincinnati has never been FCS. Neither has Alabama, Georgia or Michigan.
Does the committee disqualify former FCS teams? Guess we found out why UCF was left out in 2017 and 2018.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2021, 07:36 PM
I think it's kind of funny how people bash on the bowl games and attendence when they ignore the fact that most FCS schools barring a few outliers like NDSU, Montana, JMU (now gone), and a few others don't even get the attendence numbers those same bowls that people bash get. Nevermind the OOC schedules against teams like ******** I'll leave that part blank as you all know who the cupcake teams are that people have to schedule in the FCS to fill their OOC schedule. Those teams generate about as much interest as a case of heartburn and bad gas does. But keep on talking about winning championships in a shell of a division compared to what it used to be. xcoffeex

acbearkat
December 19th, 2021, 07:47 PM
I think it's kind of funny how people bash on the bowl games and attendence when they ignore the fact that most FCS schools barring a few outliers like NDSU, Montana, JMU (now gone), and a few others don't even get the attendence numbers those same bowls that people bash get. Nevermind the OOC schedules against teams like ******** I'll leave that part blank as you all know who the cupcake teams are that people have to schedule in the FCS to fill their OOC schedule. Those teams generate about as much interest as a case of heartburn and bad gas does. But keep on talking about winning championships in a shell of a division compared to what it used to be. xcoffeex

How many FCS schools would be able to get 40,000 plus people to show up? At the highest levels of high school football here in Texas, 40-50,000 at a state championship game is not uncommon. By the way, all the state championship games in Texas are held in Arlington at AT&T Stadium.

Chalupa Batman
December 19th, 2021, 07:53 PM
How many FCS schools would be able to get 40,000 plus people to show up? At the highest levels of high school football here in Texas, 40-50,000 at a state championship game is not uncommon. By the way, all the state championship games in Texas are held in Arlington at AT&T Stadium.

Aren’t there multiple games in one day to draw fans in from more them just 2 schools? Plus HS championships generally draw in a lot of casual fans that aren’t connected to any of the schools playing.

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2021, 09:30 PM

Yet even after winning a National Championship, Sam Houston can't draw more than 10k to a game.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2021, 10:28 PM
Yet even after winning a National Championship, Sam Houston can't draw more than 10k to a game.

FBS will have the turnstiles spinning

Hammerhead
December 20th, 2021, 02:10 PM
Many high school stadiums (stadia?) in Texas have more seats than the majority of FCS schools.

All of the Minnesota high school championships have been played at US Bank/the Metrodome for as long as I can remember, but they don't draw anywhere near that number.

Mfergy4
December 20th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Going to be loud tomorrow night...big crowd! Big Game! Close game! Big win for FCS and a BIG win for NDSU.

Yep called that right the day before the game....

Sitting Bull
December 20th, 2021, 03:12 PM
FBS will have the turnstiles spinning

I would agree if it was the Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Houston FBS.

Unfortunately this is the Florida International, Louisiana Monroe, Western Kentucky, Jacksonville State “FBS”.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2021, 03:33 PM
I would agree if it was the Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Houston FBS.

Unfortunately this is the Florida International, Louisiana Monroe, Western Kentucky, Jacksonville State “FBS”.

oh I hear ya, that was a troll post

Mfergy4
December 20th, 2021, 04:28 PM
What a great song to play!

The Turnpike Troubadours do a great cover version of "If You Are Going To Play In Texas!"

- - - Updated - - -

Just like his daddy. Can't win big games outside Division II.

Piece of the Cignetti lore...Daddy Cignetti lost to NDSU in the Semi-final the play-offs as well at the DII level.

To JMU: sorry to see ya leave. You were great competition which made us a better team as well. Best of luck at the FBS level. xdrunkyx Here is hoping we can level up as well and play ya again.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Piece of the Cignetti lore...Daddy Cignetti lost to NDSU in the Semi-final the play-offs as well at the DII level.

To JMU: sorry to see ya leave. You were great competition which made us a better team as well. Best of luck at the FBS level. xdrunkyx Here is hoping we can level up as well and play ya again.
JMU had nothing to do with making us a better team. Nothing. We were a better team long before they showed up. They were a competitive team, nothing more, no better than UNI, EWU, SDSU, SHSU, UM, or anybody else.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2021, 05:34 PM
JMU had nothing to do with making us a better team. Nothing. We were a better team long before they showed up. They were a competitive team, nothing more, no better than UNI, EWU, SDSU, SHSU, UM, or anybody else.
No disagreement ther but still not happy to see them leave and make FCS even weaker now with them gone. Are we supposed to replace them with Augustana? How about bringing St. Could State back. I mean with the teams that are left in many of these conferences really what would be the difference? The article Ruesse had in the Star Trib was spot on regarding NDSU being a big fish in a little pond.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2021, 05:44 PM
No disagreement ther but still not happy to see them leave and make FCS even weaker now with them gone. Are we supposed to replace them with Augustana? How about bringing St. Could State back. I mean with the teams that are left in many of these conferences really what would be the difference? The article Ruesse had in the Star Trib was spot on regarding NDSU being a big fish in a little pond.
I don’t give two ****s was Pat Ruesse says. Maybe Alabama should move up to the NFL. they are in the mix every year. We are were we are. None of you guys has proffered a real solution to NDSU’s position with respect to conference membership. I am on the record for being pro to moving up. Tell me how it works and what makes sense. Here is the deal with me. If we end up in some ****ty G5 conference and hope we get a bowl bid after a 6 win season I am out. They can cover my 9 tickets with somebody who is wet to play Akron at Fargo. Screw that. Big 12. Not gonna happen. MWC not gonna happen. CUSA. **** that. MAC. Screw that.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2021, 06:05 PM
Getting into a power 5 conference ain't happening so get ready for half filled dome games with no excitement OOC schedules with games against the Dixie states of the New FCS world.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2021, 06:10 PM
Getting into a power 5 conference ain't happening so get ready for half filled dome games with no excitement OOC schedules with games against the Dixie states of the New FCS world.
As opposed to the half filled domes against Kent State, Northern freaking Illinois and others. What is your solution. I read what you guys say on Bisonville, what is the solution? I am all ears.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2021, 06:34 PM
As opposed to the half filled domes against Kent State, Northern freaking Illinois and others. What is your solution. I read what you guys say on Bisonville, what is the solution? I am all ears.
Well for one "you guys on bisonville" isn't me. I don't visit that site. I had quite a long response for you but it wouldn't solve anything or sway you or anyone else. Some would just take it the wrong way too so I'll just leave it at that.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2021, 07:18 PM
Well for one "you guys on bisonville" isn't me. I don't visit that site. I had quite a long response for you but it wouldn't solve anything or sway you or anyone else. Some would just take it the wrong way too so I'll just leave it at that.
I don’t need to be swayed. I just want to know what a move up will look like.

Sitting Bull
December 20th, 2021, 07:53 PM
I don’t need to be swayed. I just want to know what a move up will look like.

Any of the early Bowl games will give you some idea. Starting with the empty Bahamas Bowl (Middle Tennessee won) to the Myrtle Beach Bowl today, Tulsa best ODU in front of 6,557 people.

Another chance tomorrow. Wyoming is playing Kent State in the Potato Bowl.

Of course, these are for the better teams in G5. You have to win to get to these.

acbearkat
December 20th, 2021, 07:55 PM
Any of the early Bowl games will give you some idea. Starting with the empty Bahamas Bowl (Middle Tennessee won) to the Myrtle Beach Bowl today, Tulsa best ODU in front of 6,557 people.

Another chance tomorrow. Wyoming is playing Kent State in the Potato Bowl.

Of course, these are for the better teams in G5. You have to win to get to these.

I would imagine Wyoming would have a good contingency of fans in Boise.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2021, 08:04 PM
I don’t give two ****s was Pat Ruesse says. Maybe Alabama should move up to the NFL. they are in the mix every year. We are were we are. None of you guys has proffered a real solution to NDSU’s position with respect to conference membership. I am on the record for being pro to moving up. Tell me how it works and what makes sense. Here is the deal with me. If we end up in some ****ty G5 conference and hope we get a bowl bid after a 6 win season I am out. They can cover my 9 tickets with somebody who is wet to play Akron at Fargo. Screw that. Big 12. Not gonna happen. MWC not gonna happen. CUSA. **** that. MAC. Screw that.

Mountain West could happen if a couple of teams get poached out. No way the MAC would take in NDSU, way too far west. MW would probably be our only option. Need an invite.

BisonFan02
December 20th, 2021, 08:09 PM
Mountain West could happen if a couple of teams get poached out. No way the MAC would take in NDSU, way too far west. MW would probably be our only option. Need an invite.

Not gonna happen.....and are they going football only? Budget dumpster fire.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2021, 08:11 PM
Not gonna happen.....and are they going football only? Budget dumpster fire.

Football only could be an option and Olympic sports stay in the Summit.

BisonFan02
December 20th, 2021, 08:14 PM
Football only could be an option and Olympic sports stay in the Summit.

Hawaii is their only football only member....and I doubt they take on another. NDSU being only slightly less isolated for non-football sports. :D

POD Knows
December 20th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Yea. Just as I thought. No real options.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2021, 08:47 PM

As of now, there are no options because going "independent" is purgatory.

If the Mountain West does come calling, I hope NDSU takes it.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2021, 09:03 PM
As of now, there are no options because going "independent" is purgatory.

If the Mountain West does come calling, I hope NDSU takes it.
We are out of their footprint as well. And again. Can NDSU afford to go all sports with that travel.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2021, 09:24 PM

CFL ?

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2021, 10:09 PM
We are out of their footprint as well. And again. Can NDSU afford to go all sports with that travel.

A group move by some MVFC and BSC members would be an option.

JacksFan40
December 21st, 2021, 12:58 AM
MAC tried to go South with MTSU and WKU before that fell through, now they seem happy to stay as is. No way the MAC goes that far West.

JacksFan40
December 21st, 2021, 01:00 AM
Hawaii is their only football only member....and I doubt they take on another. NDSU being only slightly less isolated for non-football sports. :D
If their members get poached by the Big 12 and AAC they might have no choice.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2021, 07:09 AM
Another problem plaguing NDSU that conferences are going to look at is market penetration. Yeah NDSU games would be huge in the Fargo TV market. But Fargo is a town with just 120k people and nothing of note besides MSP within 500 miles. And even MSP is 3 hours out. So you guys also have that playing against you.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 08:23 AM
A group move by some MVFC and BSC members would be an option.
Yea it would and that would be the only thing that makes any sense and it also adds complexity to the move and may limit opportunities to move given the number of spots the conferences would have available.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2021, 08:27 AM
Yea it would and that would be the only thing that makes any sense and it also adds complexity to the move and may limit opportunities to move given the number of spots the conferences would have available.

So you would still be in FCS

I see this king of like if you don’t move up, you’ll be moving down

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 08:31 AM
So you would still be in FCS

I see this king of like if you don’t move up, you’ll be moving down
Yea. Sort of. It would be like living in a 2000 square foot house, buying another 2000 square foot house in the next town, moving out of the old house and paying higher property taxes and utilities in the new house and the new house only has a one car garage but the neighborhood is slightly nicer or something.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2021, 08:34 AM
Yea. Sort of. It would be like living in a 2000 square foot house, buying another 2000 square foot house in the next town, moving out of the old house and paying higher property taxes and utilities in the new house and the new house only has a one car garage but the neighborhood is slightly nicer or something.
What's it like being able to afford a house? xdrunkyx

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2021, 08:44 AM

Stop wining and dining yourself so much

you can afford one

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 09:03 AM
Yea. I wouldn’t want to be in the housing market now. It is stupid high everywhere.

JSUSoutherner
December 21st, 2021, 09:05 AM
Yea. I wouldn’t want to be in the housing market now. It is stupid high everywhere.
I looked at Zillow yesterday and almost threw up.

But anyway, back to the plot.

Mfergy4
December 21st, 2021, 09:41 AM

You are correct we were good before JMU, but by playing JMU has made us better by staying good and improving to great. Per Coach Morton, anytime you play a good team you better your team and you better yourself. Remember our motto of old, "Bring on the Competition". We do that to constantly test and improve who we are.

Now we need other conferences to begin to step up, improve, and challenge themselves to rise to the challenge we offer in competition. To do other wise would be to doom the FCS to fall to a level of mediocrity and obscurity such that ESPN will stop televising our play-offs; which IMO is what some are craving.

dewey
December 21st, 2021, 09:50 AM
I just saw a post game press conference from JMU Head Coach Curt Cignetti whining about the playoff rankings being arbitrary and he insinuated that JMU should have been the 2 seed. Even though NDSU had more ranked wins and a stronger strength of schedule.

What a whiny little man. If you think the FCS playoff rankings are bad wait until you go FBS.

Tweet from TJ Eck (@TJEck_TV)
TJ Eck (@TJEck_TV) Tweeted:
"I think the playoff system is great...I think the rankings are a little arbitrary...we're ready to move on."

Curt Cignetti with a pretty strong response tonight when he was asked about the FCS with the Dukes now moving to the FBS: https://t.co/BuykwV0wqR https://t.co/WJPknSH6R4 https://twitter.com/TJEck_TV/status/1472093215528570883?s=20

Dewey

AmsterBison
December 21st, 2021, 10:01 AM

There are plenty of teams in the FCS who have won more than 20% of their games against NDSU. :)

I'm not knocking JMU for leaving though - football is regional. NDSU is king of their region - going to FBS or staying in the FCS won't change that. OTOH, JMU has watched while team after team in their area has moved to the FBS - and now those FBS teams can compete for the same FBS transfers that FCS schools can.

And Patrick Reusse? That dude wrote this in 2002, "Joseph Chapman. The president of North Dakota State has been 100 percent behind the wacky plan to propel his school into Division I athletics" when he nominated NDSU's president for the Turkey of the Year. I don't take advice for NDSU stuff from people who a) don't care about NDSU or b) are clueless so I'm not going to take it from somebody who is both.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 10:12 AM
There are plenty of teams in the FCS who have won more than 20% of their games against NDSU. :)

I'm not knocking JMU for leaving though - football is regional. NDSU is king of their region - going to FBS or staying in the FCS won't change that. OTOH, JMU has watched while team after team in their area has moved to the FBS - and now those FBS teams can compete for the same FBS transfers that FCS schools can.

And Patrick Reusse? That dude wrote this in 2002, "Joseph Chapman. The president of North Dakota State has been 100 percent behind the wacky plan to propel his school into Division I athletics" when he nominated NDSU's president for the Turkey of the Year. I don't take advice for NDSU stuff from people who a) don't care about NDSU or b) are clueless so I'm not going to take it from somebody who is both.
Balls on. Pat Ruesse is the last guy I would listen to with respect to NDSU. He ranks right up there with that idiot in GF who penned that awesome opinion piece on NDSU moving up.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2021, 10:29 AM
Balls on. Pat Ruesse is the last guy I would listen to with respect to NDSU. He ranks right up there with that idiot in GF who penned that awesome opinion piece on NDSU moving up.
I do enjoy listening to/reading Ruesse ripping on the Goophers though and specifically how scared they are to schedule NDSU in football. He can't touch Derrik T Sovak though when it comes to when it comes to being clueless about NDSU's jump to D1. I don't know if anyone has been so wrong with a particular written opinion ever in the history of freezing cold takes. I'm pretty sure the article has long since been taken down from the UND student rag archives but luckily Bisonville (TheBisonator specifically - RIP) has preserved it completely intact: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26053-Perspective-before-Saturday-s-game

This will always be my favorite quote of that article:

For the next decade, NDSU football will be as arbitrary as paying .40 cents for ranch at Buffalo Wild Wings after running up a $500 bar tab.
That article was written on August 31st 2004. August 31st 2014 was the day after NDSU had beaten Iowa St for their 5th consecutive and 8th overall FBS win since they moved up. The future #2 overall NFL draft pick in 2016 had just made his first collegiate start. They were just coming off an undefeated 15-0 season and a 3rd straight FCS national championship.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2021, 10:40 AM
Why don’t you guys post a pic of that K Stare fan here

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 10:57 AM
I just saw a post game press conference from JMU Head Coach Curt Cignetti whining about the playoff rankings being arbitrary and he insinuated that JMU should have been the 2 seed. Even though NDSU had more ranked wins and a stronger strength of schedule.

What a whiny little man. If you think the FCS playoff rankings are bad wait until you go FBS.

Tweet from TJ Eck (@TJEck_TV)
TJ Eck (@TJEck_TV) Tweeted:
"I think the playoff system is great...I think the rankings are a little arbitrary...we're ready to move on."

Curt Cignetti with a pretty strong response tonight when he was asked about the FCS with the Dukes now moving to the FBS: https://t.co/BuykwV0wqR https://t.co/WJPknSH6R4 https://twitter.com/TJEck_TV/status/1472093215528570883?s=20

DeweyThere players are a lot classier than their ****bag coach. Does that asshole actually think they had a better resume than NDSU. Maybe he thinks NDSU should have been 1 and JMU 2. I don’t know. Nobody bothered to ask him to explain his answer.

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2021, 11:02 AM
There players are a lot classier than their ****bag coach. Does that asshole actually think they had a better resume than NDSU. Maybe he thinks NDSU should have been 1 and JMU 2. I don’t know. Nobody bothered to ask him to explain his answer.

All they ever have to say is their loss to a seeded Villanova team was better than our loss to an unseeded SDSU team. Which is true, but that's where they stop comparing resumes. They don't look at the fact that we beat Missouri State, USD, & UNI and that they beat......Weber? William & Mary? And they look at the polls and think that's what should determine their seed.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 11:06 AM
All they ever have to say is their loss to a seeded Villanova team was better than our loss to an unseeded SDSU team. Which is true, but that's where they stop comparing resumes. They don't look at the fact that we beat Missouri State, USD, & UNI and that they beat......Weber? William & Mary? And they look at the polls and think that's what should determine their seed.
These reporters need to do their job. When somebody makes a statement like that he needs to explain his reasoning. He has none that would stand up to scrutiny. He is just a loud mouth looking for sympathy.

Mfergy4
December 21st, 2021, 11:27 AM
I do enjoy listening to/reading Ruesse ripping on the Goophers though and specifically how scared they are to schedule NDSU in football. He can't touch Derrik T Sovak though when it comes to when it comes to being clueless about NDSU's jump to D1. I don't know if anyone has been so wrong with a particular written opinion ever in the history of freezing cold takes. I'm pretty sure the article has long since been taken down from the UND student rag archives but luckily Bisonville (TheBisonator specifically - RIP) has preserved it completely intact: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26053-Perspective-before-Saturday-s-game

That article was written on August 31st 2004. August 31st 2014 was the day after NDSU had beaten Iowa St for their 5th consecutive and 8th overall FBS win since they moved up. The future #2 overall NFL draft pick in 2016 had just made his first collegiate start. They were just coming off an undefeated 15-0 season and a 3rd straight FCS national championship.

Holy Bull Droppings what an arrogant little sh** (excuse my foul language). Reminds me of Roger Thomas...uneducated head in the sand dweeb. Sorry but I digressed to my college self from many years ago.

Sitting Bull
December 21st, 2021, 11:35 AM
I would imagine Wyoming would have a good contingency of fans in Boise.

To watch them take on a 6-6 Kent State team? You betcha.

Did Kent State lobby for this game or is the MAC forcing them to go?

dewey
December 21st, 2021, 11:40 AM
I do enjoy listening to/reading Ruesse ripping on the Goophers though and specifically how scared they are to schedule NDSU in football.

100% agreed. Reusse ripped the Goofers for not scheduling NDSU again this weekend when an ignorant Goofer fan made a comment about B squad teams.

Tweet from Reusse (@Patrick_Reusse)
Reusse (@Patrick_Reusse) Tweeted:
Which is why our gutless Goofers would rather schedule Western Illinois, tied for last in NDSU’s conference, than fill the stadium for the Bison & take a chance on another loss. https://twitter.com/Patrick_Reusse/status/1472415815634935809?s=20

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2021, 12:43 PM
100% agreed. Reusse ripped the Goofers for not scheduling NDSU again this weekend when an ignorant Goofer fan made a comment about B squad teams.

Which is why our gutless Goofers would rather schedule Western Illinois, tied for last in NDSU’s conference, than fill the stadium for the Bison & take a chance on another loss. https://twitter.com/Patrick_Reusse/status/1472415815634935809?s=20

Dewey
I was looking forward to seeing if we can out-draw the Goofs in 2023 in their own back yard when NDSU plays EWU at US Bank Stadium but I see they're playing Nebraska as their season opener so those crazy Husker fans will fill their stadium.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2021, 12:52 PM
I was looking forward to seeing if we can out-draw the Goofs in 2023 in their own back yard when NDSU plays EWU at US Bank Stadium but I see they're playing Nebraska as their season opener so those crazy Husker fans will fill their stadium.

EWU will not bring squat for fans to this game.

NDSU should have scheduled a HBCU team to come up and play. A lot of HBCU fans in the TC metro would have come out to watch.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 01:11 PM

Hey. Don’t get me wrong. I like Ruesse on most things. I used to listen to Garage Logic all the time and he would be on there. He was wrong about the original move up for NDSU and I carry grudges forever. 😀

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 01:14 PM
Why don’t you guys post a pic of that K Stare fan here
Who, K State Kid? We took his form board cutout to one of the natty games and he was last seen in some peeler bar in the Dallas area. I was thinking of putting out a missing poster for him but haven’t done it yet.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 01:16 PM

Dewey
Lol. That is pretty good.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2021, 04:13 PM
https://youtu.be/CCCAYLXoZE4

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2021, 05:14 PM

What an amazing catch.

marenlee
December 22nd, 2021, 05:21 PM
EWU will not bring squat for fans to this game.

NDSU should have scheduled a HBCU team to come up and play. A lot of HBCU fans in the TC metro would have come out to watch.

My initial thought when the game was announced. Bring a real fan base and there might be a shot at filling the stadium. Yes EWU is a great opponent, but they’ll bring 200 fans max.

MSUBobcat
December 22nd, 2021, 05:34 PM

Cool vid. I especially liked the players sprinting to climb into the stands after the last play to show their appreciation to the fans.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2021, 05:54 PM
Cool vid. I especially liked the players sprinting to climb into the stands after the last play to show their appreciation to the fans.
They did a nice job with video. The players going to the stands has been going on for awhile. You can’t storm field here. It is frowned on.

dewey
December 22nd, 2021, 06:14 PM
They did a nice job with video. The players going to the stands has been going on for awhile. You can’t storm field here. It is frowned on.

As another poster said. We only storm the field after National championships but after a semifinalwin the players storm the stands:D

Dewey

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2021, 06:17 PM
Who, K State Kid? We took his form board cutout to one of the natty games and he was last seen in some peeler bar in the Dallas area. I was thinking of putting out a missing poster for him but haven’t done it yet.

Sounds like a good idea, that kid is part of FCS lure

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2021, 06:41 PM
As another poster said. We only storm the field after National championships but after a semifinalwin the players storm the stands:D

Dewey
Could be but I doubt the dome Nazis would want anybody on the field.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2021, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a good idea, that kid is part of FCS lure
He has been missing for about 8 years. I am sure he is probably homeless or dead by now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2021, 08:16 PM
My initial thought when the game was announced. Bring a real fan base and there might be a shot at filling the stadium. Yes EWU is a great opponent, but they’ll bring 200 fans max.

When this game was announced I was hoping it would be UND or later a team like St Thomas. Both would draw really well, especially ST because they have a devoted fan base. ST and St Johns games draw really well. But no, they scheduled a team that will not bring 500 fans to the game. I'll still go because I love to follow the Bison but it would have been better for a HBCU team to come in. HCBU fans are devoted fans and they would have brought in a good showing.

A team like UND might have brought in 5-10K or a St Thomas 15-20K.

AmsterBison
December 24th, 2021, 10:19 AM
When this game was announced I was hoping it would be UND or later a team like St Thomas. Both would draw really well, especially ST because they have a devoted fan base. ST and St Johns games draw really well. But no, they scheduled a team that will not bring 500 fans to the game. I'll still go because I love to follow the Bison but it would have been better for a HBCU team to come in. HCBU fans are devoted fans and they would have brought in a good showing.

A team like UND might have brought in 5-10K or a St Thomas 15-20K.

Pretty sure St. Thomas fans could use attendance to the game as an act of penance.