PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Celebration Bowl: S.C. State vs. Jackson State (December 18)

bonarae
December 5th, 2021, 03:37 AM
What have you got or have any guesses for the HBCU championship game?

mvemjsunpx
December 5th, 2021, 05:12 AM
It's Jackson State's to lose.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2021, 06:59 AM
Going with Deion's team!

WileECoyote06
December 5th, 2021, 07:51 AM
Jackson State has a lot of defensive weapons. I have no faith in Buddy opening up the playbook and once they get behind, SCSU is not a team that is known to be able to catch up when put in a hole. I think the SWAC earns a double-digit win, 31-17.

Great season Fighting Deions.

CHIP72
December 5th, 2021, 09:28 AM
To me, the question isn't whether Jackson State wins, it is how big of a margin do they win by?

ASU33
December 6th, 2021, 05:41 AM
Jackson State by however many they want.

Daytripper
December 6th, 2021, 08:33 AM
It's a damn shame that the Primes are not in the playoffs. That would garner fcs some serious national attention if they were to win a few games and make a run at the championship.

BNATION
December 6th, 2021, 10:09 AM
I'll take JState by a ton.

AggieManiac704
December 6th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Game is already sold out. They're going to have to open up the upper levels

Panther88
December 6th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Jackson State's win was actually a HUGE win for Prairie View A&M. Our (anticipated) next coaching hire? He'll be a splash, but not on the level of coach Prime. But, close enough. ;)

katss07
December 6th, 2021, 12:50 PM
It's a damn shame that the Primes are not in the playoffs. That would garner fcs some serious national attention if they were to win a few games and make a run at the championship.
No it isn't. Did you watch FAMU/SELA? It'd be a damn shame if the committee gave another bad team a spot someone else deserved.

Daytripper
December 6th, 2021, 12:56 PM
Jackson State's win was actually a HUGE win for Prairie View A&M. Our (anticipated) next coaching hire? He'll be a splash, but not on the level of coach Prime. But, close enough. ;)

Do tell.

ASU33
December 6th, 2021, 02:15 PM
Game is already sold out. They're going to have to open up the upper levels

The game isn't sold out. The upper levels will be open for this one and JSUs tickets have been blocked off.

Professor
December 6th, 2021, 02:48 PM
The game isn't sold out. The upper levels will be open for this one and JSUs tickets have been blocked off.

Yea they will but haven't yet so it currently it is. A lot of scalpers took advantage of the me plus 3 promotion and now are reselling them at 100 percent markup. Its a wild time. Those Club seats that were 100 are now going for 250 plus

General admission that was 15 are 40

Professor
December 6th, 2021, 02:50 PM
Do tell.

Word is FAMU OC , RJ Black will be the new HC

Professor
December 6th, 2021, 02:55 PM
No it isn't. Did you watch FAMU/SELA? It'd be a damn shame if the committee gave another bad team a spot someone else deserved.

I always laugh at these type of comments. What difference does it make who the top teams knock off to get to Frisco. It's only 4 to 6 teams that truly have a shot at a title

ASU33
December 6th, 2021, 03:59 PM
I always laugh at these type of comments. What difference does it make who the top teams knock off to get to Frisco. It's only 4 to 6 teams that truly have a shot at a title

Exactly!

TSUalum05
December 6th, 2021, 09:30 PM

Even if Jackson State was in the FCS playoffs and winning games, I’m not sure it would attract extra attention to FCS as a whole compared to the SWAC Championship being held on ESPN 2 and the Celebration Bowl being on ABC.

We know that more eyes and butt in seats will happen with those two games above compared to the FCS Playoffs.

There was a guy at EWU that had 80 pass attempts this past week and was it national news? Sam Houston winning streak has been impressive but I don’t know how many games, and has it been national news? I’m not asking these questions to be a smart a$$ but I don’t know.

The SWAC Championship and Celebration Bowl is in national spotlight, and it’s not because of Deion only, nor is it because it’s SEC talent on the field. It’s because of the deep history and the interest in HBCUs.

Panther88
December 6th, 2021, 09:57 PM
Word is FAMU OC , RJ Black will be the new HC

Unsure of that one. (KJ Black, Jr)

Panther88
December 7th, 2021, 08:09 AM
Even if Jackson State was in the FCS playoffs and winning games, I’m not sure it would attract extra attention to FCS as a whole compared to the SWAC Championship being held on ESPN 2 and the Celebration Bowl being on ABC.

We know that more eyes and butt in seats will happen with those two games above compared to the FCS Playoffs.

There was a guy at EWU that had 80 pass attempts this past week and was it national news? Sam Houston winning streak has been impressive but I don’t know how many games, and has it been national news? I’m not asking these questions to be a smart a$$ but I don’t know.

The SWAC Championship and Celebration Bowl is in national spotlight, and it’s not because of Deion only, nor is it because it’s SEC talent on the field. It’s because of the deep history and the interest in HBCUs.

Ouch xlolx .

unknown3
December 7th, 2021, 02:43 PM

And every single year. Without even looking i'd guess NDSU, SHSU, JMU minimum still in the field.

unknown3
December 8th, 2021, 09:28 AM
I imagine JSU is buying up tickets. They've opened up the third level so tickets are definitely selling. Likely will set the attendance record by a good bit.

Professor
December 8th, 2021, 10:57 AM
I imagine JSU is buying up tickets. They've opened up the third level so tickets are definitely selling. Likely will set the attendance record by a good bit.

JSU following is insane

ASU33
December 8th, 2021, 11:05 AM
JSU following is insane

Absolutely. They're a loyal bunch. Lead the nation in attendance in 18 and 19 without a winning team.

Panther88
December 8th, 2021, 12:36 PM
JSU following is insane

They have the deeeeeeeeeeeeep passion, as SU constituents have as well.

Sonic98
December 8th, 2021, 04:20 PM

Yeah I think it could increase playoff attendance and TV numbers, but they would never allow JSU to host a game. I think the FCS and Prime should work together to put some of that marketing hype on FCS. Right now he's primarily focused on HBCUs

Sonic98
December 8th, 2021, 04:22 PM

Prime has a more experienced staff and a much better QB than FAMU. FAMU has had issues in the past or even this season with either the wrong game plan or not sticking to it. The two teams are not the same.

Sonic98
December 8th, 2021, 04:25 PM

Not to mention that a few teams had bad games. Should every team that lost by 2 TDs or more be banned or have their conference banned? How many times do we see across all sports teams get to the post season and lay an egg or don't play like they've been playing. Is SELA considered a bad team now also?

Sonic98
December 8th, 2021, 04:26 PM

Maybe it wouldn't be quite as big but wherever JSU and Prime are is going in be big in one way or another. If it means just a percentage of people who normally don't check out the FCS, that's still something

FUBeAR
December 8th, 2021, 05:13 PM
Yeah I think it could increase playoff attendance and TV numbers, but they would never allow JSU to host a game. I think the FCS and Prime should work together to put some of that marketing hype on FCS. Right now he's primarily focused on HBCUsAssuming you were referring to the NCAA, instead of JSU itself or some other entity, as “they,” and assuming that the 60k+ seat Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium meets all other NCAA requirements (which one would imagine it would), FUBeAR believes JSU would host an NCAA FCS Playoff game if…

1) they received & accepted an unseeded, at large bid and their financial guarantee to the NCAA exceeded that of their 1st round opponent

2) they rec’d & accepted an unseeded, at large bid and were scheduled to play another unseeded Team in the Quarter- or Semi-Finals and their financial guarantee to the NCAA for those rounds exceeded that of their scheduled opponent

3) they rec’d & accepted a seeded, at large bid, they would be guaranteed to host a 2nd round game and would host games thru games thru the Quarter- and Semi-Finals as long as they were scheduled to play a lower seeded or unseeded Team

4) they accepted the AQ bid that FUBeAR believes the SWAC would receive if the SWAC sent their champion to the Playoffs, in which case the 3 conditions above (after “at large bid…”) would apply regarding hosting of NCAA FCS Playoff games

So…theoretically, if JSU elected to participate in the NCAA FCS Playoffs, they would allow JSU to host up to 3 (2nd Round thru Semi-Finals OR 1st Round, Quarter- and Semi-Finals) every year.

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 9th, 2021, 08:21 AM
Not to mention that a few teams had bad games. Should every team that lost by 2 TDs or more be banned or have their conference banned? How many times do we see across all sports teams get to the post season and lay an egg or don't play like they've been playing. Is SELA considered a bad team now also?

The difference is the HBCU teams have generally been annihilated in their first round playoff games. It has been a consistent trend.

Panther88
December 9th, 2021, 10:05 AM
The difference is the HBCU teams have generally been annihilated in their first round playoff games. It has been a consistent trend.

And so have other conference members, before they got over the hump. (see recent SLC play for example)

As honestly stated earlier, typically, there are ONLY the powerful 4-5 (NDSU, SDSU, JMadison, ..) at the end who are annually there, sans those who were intelligent and jumped to FBS (App St, Ga Southern, Troy, Marshall, ...).

As Sonic98 alluded earlier, is SELA now magically transitioned to a "bad" team since they were routed? ::insert retarded smiley here::

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2021, 11:36 AM
A couple of peeps have asked in this thread if SELA was a bad Team.

Since y’all asked and FWIW, FUBeAR doesn’t believe SELA was a “bad Team,” but he also feels strongly that they certainly did not merit an At-Large Playoff bid.

They rec’d an At-Large bid with an 8-3 record.
* 1 of those wins was over 0-11 HBU that was really only even competitive with 1 other Southland Team…Northwestern
* 2 of SELA’s wins were over Northwestern…who was 3-8 w/2 close wins over the 0-11 HBU Squad

So…almost 1/2 of SELA’s wins were over really poor Southland opponents. They also had OOC wins over…
* 3-8 North Alabama
* 4-7 NEC Team C. Conn. St…who lost to 2-8 LIU Post…whose only other win was over 0-11 Wagner

So…really 5 of SELA’s 8 wins were over pretty darn bad Teams. Their only decent wins were over
* 4-7 McNeese which was 2 of the 3 decent wins…and both of those are marginally decent wins
* 6-5 Nicholls is a pretty good Team (better than SELA in FUBeAR’s opinion), but they did lose to SELA in the 1st half of the season

So…really, SELA has 1, just 1 solidly good win (over a 6-5 Team) in an 11 game season…AND they lost to that Team in the final game of the Season!

No way does that resume deserve an At-Large bid in the FUBeAR book, but the Playoff Selection Committee likely just said “Hmmm…8-3…sounds good…and we need a Team that we can ‘swing’ regionally between the SE states and TX…the Lions are IN!”

So…allowing for the context in which the question was asked…FUBeAR’s answer is…”Yes, yes they are.”

GAD
December 9th, 2021, 08:02 PM
ESPN promo

https://youtu.be/JtUnLbHEhbY

ASU33
December 10th, 2021, 10:54 AM
I'll be in the building next Saturday. Looking forward to all of the events and alumni coming in town next week.

unknown3
December 10th, 2021, 12:16 PM
By the time next weekend rolls around this game could easily be looking at 55-60k. Lower bowl holds 42k and is sold out. Second level 10-11k and is nearly sold out.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2021, 01:12 PM
What have you got or have any guesses for the HBCU championship game?

Dartmouth

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2021, 01:18 PM
Yeah I think it could increase playoff attendance and TV numbers, but they would never allow JSU to host a game. I think the FCS and Prime should work together to put some of that marketing hype on FCS. Right now he's primarily focused on HBCUs

The playoffs need prime!

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2021, 01:56 PM
The playoffs need prime!…and AFLAC should sponsor the entire Playoffs

ASU33
December 13th, 2021, 07:32 AM
Game week. Jackson State is currently a 11.5 point favorite over SC State!

POD Knows
December 13th, 2021, 08:36 AM
Game week. Jackson State is currently a 11.5 point favorite over SC State!
That’s all. Do you think it will be that close?

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2021, 09:02 AM
As most people agree, Jackson St

ASU33
December 13th, 2021, 09:09 AM
That’s all. Do you think it will be that close?

Nope. I think it'll be close early then Jackson State will pull away in the 2nd half. A blow would kick start the Celebration Bowl BCS format talk again that's for sure.

bonarae
December 15th, 2021, 07:05 AM
Excited to see a large P5-type size crowd in the Bowl and with TWO FCS awardees (both in the same year) playing in this Bowl? Certainly I am.

kdinva
December 18th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Well, that was over after 3 periods, Contgrats to Coach Pough, the Bulldogs program and the MEAC.

bonarae
December 18th, 2021, 04:13 PM
xeekx

Looks like the SWAC is still not ready for prime time (postseason.) xsmhx

mvemjsunpx
December 18th, 2021, 04:34 PM
A puzzling performance for JSU. On paper, SCSU was the worst MEAC champ I can recall.

Panther88
December 18th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Allgeier of BYU is a beast, along with BYU's OL.

Go BYU and stomp uab.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2021, 10:45 PM
Well the Ivies won’t be invited to this Celebration anytime soon

ASU33
December 19th, 2021, 06:10 AM
Well the Ivies won’t be invited to this Celebration anytime soon

The Ivies were never going to get an invite in the first place. What yesterday did was silent that at-large bid concept for the Celebration Bowl.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2021, 09:23 AM
So what happened with JSU yesterday. Too much distraction from all the marketing and hype over a DEFENSIVE BACK LOI flip. Neon Deion not focused on the task at hand. Too many kids reading their news clippings.

What happened. They got their asses handed to them. I watched the game. JSU looked decent early on but the couldn’t put SCSU away. Kept hanging around, got a bunch of momentum on that TD after the turnover and JSU folded

ysubigred
December 19th, 2021, 09:26 AM
A puzzling performance for JSU. On paper, SCSU was the worst MEAC champ I can recall.

MEAC > SWAC that's why they play the game [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Panther88
December 19th, 2021, 10:24 AM
MEAC > SWAC that's why they play the game [emoji106]

Not really. AAMU beat SCSU twice this year and AAMU is the same team JSU dominated 65-18, at AAMU's home.

I think the SCG 2 weeks earlier gave SCSU the blue-print to stop JSU offensively, coupled w/ a defensive minded legacy coach Pough.

CockyGeek
December 19th, 2021, 10:27 AM
Deion looked goofy as hell riding around in that scooter with 14 layers of clothes on weaving in and out of players.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2021, 10:31 AM
Deion looked goofy as hell riding around in that scooter with 14 layers of clothes on weaving in and out of players.
He was a moving billboard and not much more it appears given the performance in a game where they should have won by 20+.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2021, 10:32 AM
Not really. AAMU beat SCSU twice this year and AAMU is the same team JSU dominated 65-18, at AAMU's home.

I think the SCG 2 weeks earlier gave SCSU the blue-print to stop JSU offensively, coupled w/ a defensive minded legacy coach Pough.

Well since Prime clearly got out coached, why don’t they make Coach Pough Prime?

Panther88
December 19th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Well since Prime clearly got out coached, why don’t they make Coach Pough Prime?

Everyone on the outside, not knowing the inner changes which occurred about JSU's inner staff lol. Wasn't it obvious in the differing playcalling? xreadx

At any rate, water under the bridge. The other tale of the tape, we, The SWAC, we continue to kick ass at the gate. Our constituents continue to show allegiance and support. Glad I was able to contribute two tix, again. :)

--------

Tailgreeter Cure Bowl
Attendance: 9,784

Bahamas Bowl
Attendance: 13,596

RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl
Attendance: 15,429

Cricket Celebration Bowl
Attendance: 48,653

PUBG Mobile New Mexico Bowl
Attendance: 16,422

Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl
Attendance: 26,276

LendingTree Bowl
Attendance: 15,186

Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl pres. by Stifel
Attendance: 29,896

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Attendance: 21,642

ysubigred
December 19th, 2021, 10:41 AM

I think the SCG 2 weeks earlier gave SCSU the blue-print to stop JSU offensively, coupled w/ a defensive minded legacy coach Pough.Game film is important for sure. Getting the player to execute is another. Probably the best solution is "On Any Given Saturday". Was an exciting year for both conferences and adding coach Prime boosted potential for bigger and better things to come.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2021, 10:41 AM
Everyone on the outside, not knowing the inner changes which occurred about JSU's inner staff lol. Wasn't it obvious in the differing playcalling? xreadx

At any rate, water under the bridge. The other tale of the tape, we, The SWAC, we continue to kick ass at the gate. Our constituents continue to show allegiance and support. Glad I was able to contribute two tix, again. :)

--------

Tailgreeter Cure Bowl

Bahamas Bowl

Cricket Celebration Bowl

LendingTree Bowl

You know who else “kicked” ass at the gate, Justin Bieber. Doesn’t mean it is any good. Attendance doesn’t translate into on field quality apparently or you guys would beat SEC teams.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2021, 11:25 AM

Well Jackson State should be more worried about Davidson, UT Martin and Holy Cross types than the inner circle, no playoffs is a win win though. Payday and don’t have to worry about getting beat in first round. Pretty ingenious.

grizband
December 19th, 2021, 11:52 AM
Man, this game sure ruined my confidence points bowl pool yesterday! I bet the maximum points on JSU to beat SCSU, and was shocked by the outcome of this game.

Panther88
December 19th, 2021, 12:34 PM
You know who else “kicked” ass at the gate, Justin Bieber. Doesn’t mean it is any good. Attendance doesn’t translate into on field quality apparently or you guys would beat SEC teams.
So, for every one that says nah to Bieber, he still has a cajillion committed and faithfully supportive followers. Whose opinion does the Bieber camp relish and attempt to please? You lone wolves or the cajillion sheeple? Make it not make any sense or cents.

The population, the paying and supportive constituents, the marketplace, they determine individual value. Apparently a sellout SRO 48K of us in an nfl state of the art venue thought so as well, as did ABC/EE w/ the live broadcast promoting the brand wven more. Attendance will augment quality, shortly.

Let me help you... Enjoy your trip to frisco, tx in January.

katss07
December 19th, 2021, 12:47 PM
Aged like wine. Why is the SWAC so bad? All the media attention and hype just to lose to a 6-5 MEAC team.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2021, 12:49 PM
So, for every one that says nah to Bieber, he still has a cajillion committed and faithfully supportive followers. Whose opinion does the Bieber camp relish and attempt to please? You lone wolves or the cajillion sheeple? Make it not make any sense or cents.

The population, the paying and supportive constituents, the marketplace, they determine individual value. Apparently a sellout SRO 48K of us in an nfl state of the art venue thought so as well, as did ABC/EE w/ the live broadcast promoting the brand wven more. Attendance will augment quality, shortly.

Let me help you... Enjoy your trip to frisco, tx in January.
Just ****ing with you. And I do agree with the point that attendance could augment quality. It is good for the programs, brings in money and attention, recruits look at it in a different light, lots of positives.

Panther88
December 19th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Just ****ing with you. And I do agree with the point that attendance could augment quality. It is good for the programs, brings in money and attention, recruits look at it in a different light, lots of positives.

Will you ask that bearkat guy above you why did #1 ranked shsu get beat unmercifully at home by Montana St? Mobtana St was ranked #8 and shsu was undefeated, right?

Foot in mouth disease in hicksville, tx lol.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2021, 01:18 PM

--------

Tailgreeter Cure Bowl

Bahamas Bowl

Cricket Celebration Bowl

LendingTree Bowl

differing play calling?

tell us

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2021, 07:11 PM
Will you ask that bearkat guy above you why did shsu get beaten unmercifully at home by Montana St? Mobtana St was ranked #8 and shsu was undefeated, right?

Foot in mouth disease in hicksville, tx lol.

Paper tigers. They beat who they were supposed to beat. But who did they play? Kind of like JMU. They beat 6 or 7 teams that didnt have there #1 QB playing.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 19th, 2021, 08:00 PM
I know I never had a dog in this fight since I don't follow the MEAC as often as the SoCon and even if I did, I would rep Norfolk State (I have a MS degree from them). Jackson State had all this talent, a head coach who has an ego unseen anywhere in FCS, won all of these games with the exception of a close loss to the Monroe Republic...

...AND THEY GOT THEIR KEESTERS HANDED TO THEM ON A SILVER PLATTER!

Show of hands, how many of you who voted for Jackson State made their way to Crow-Fil-A for supper? Maybe someone should come in and talk to Coach Prime and the Jackson State football team about how pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit goes before a fall.

ejjones
December 20th, 2021, 06:21 AM
It's Jackson State's to lose.
Indeed they did.. 😂😂😂

ejjones
December 20th, 2021, 06:24 AM
Jackson State has a lot of defensive weapons. I have no faith in Buddy opening up the playbook and once they get behind, SCSU is not a team that is known to be able to catch up when put in a hole. I think the SWAC earns a double-digit win, 31-17.

Great season Fighting Deions.
Could you repeat please…folks in the burg didn’t hear you… 👌🏽

- - - Updated - - -

To me, the question isn't whether Jackson State wins, it is how big of a margin do they win by?
Hmmm..

- - - Updated - - -

Jackson State by however many they want.
Internet is still undefeated….

ejjones
December 20th, 2021, 06:25 AM
I'll take JState by a ton.
Probably needed more than a ton; try three tons / 6000 pounds next time.. 😂

ASU33
December 20th, 2021, 06:28 AM
Could you repeat please…folks in the burg didn’t hear you… 👌🏽

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm..

- - - Updated - - -

You were quiet as a church mouse prior to Saturday afternoon. You thought that y'all had a well whooped arse too!

FUBeAR
December 20th, 2021, 07:29 AM
https://twitter.com/famu_fb/status/1472594143192838149
https://twitter.com/scstateathletic/status/1472330309429510152
https://img.izismile.com/img/img12/20190709/gifs/dude_is_this_really_about_big_lebowski_08.gif

Anthony215
December 20th, 2021, 09:28 AM
If we are going strictly off best HBCU team I think you have to give it to FAMU. While they finished 9-3 check their losses:

6-7 to JSU, in a week 1 matchup
17-38 to FBS South Florida
14-38 to Southeastern Louisiana in the FCS playoffs.

Now JSU on the other hand lost only 2 games however one was to a 7-5 SCSU team 10-31 that FAMU blew out 30-7
JSU also lost to D1 Louisiana Monroe 7-12.

FUBeAR
December 20th, 2021, 09:51 AM
If we are going strictly off best HBCU team I think you have to give it to FAMU. While they finished 9-3 check their losses:

6-7 to JSU, in a week 1 matchup
17-38 to FBS South Florida
14-38 to Southeastern Louisiana in the FCS playoffs.

Now JSU on the other hand lost only 2 games however one was to a 7-5 SCSU team 10-31 that FAMU blew out 30-7
JSU also lost to D1 Louisiana Monroe 7-12.
What about 12-2 Bowie State though?
https://twitter.com/bsuvp_athletics/status/1467519213887754247

Professor
December 20th, 2021, 12:28 PM
FAMU is going to always try and be relevant even when they aren't'

WileECoyote06
December 20th, 2021, 07:48 PM
Could you repeat please…folks in the burg didn’t hear you… 

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm..

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy to be wrong. I also thought SDSU would knock off Montana State. Congrats!

ejjones
December 20th, 2021, 10:05 PM
You were quiet as a church mouse prior to Saturday afternoon. You thought that y'all had a well whooped arse too!

TBH, I was on our message boards…I don’t normally post over here…was surprised there was even a thread…but truth be told nobody in Orangeburg was surprised…

Professor
December 21st, 2021, 10:52 AM
Celebration Bowl drew 2.59 million viewers. Most watched FCS since 2019 title

POD Knows
December 21st, 2021, 11:03 AM
That is pretty good but honestly I thought it would be higher than. All the press in the last week surrounding JSU. I wish 5m would have watched the JSU flame out.

Panther88
December 21st, 2021, 11:44 AM

That's terrific. We keep growing and happy I was able to contribute to that bottom line.

BEAR
December 22nd, 2021, 12:35 PM

2019 Celebration Bowl: 1.8 million viewers
2018 Celebration Bowl: 2.35 million viewers
2017 Celebration Bowl: 2.36 million viewers

Pretty much a highly watched game. Awesome. xthumbsupx

But I think the key to high viewership to any of these games is the fact they are on ABC or other MAJOR network that is easily accessed by the whole United States viewing area and NOT some ESPN paid subscription that you have to have an app for your tv and search out the game specifically.

I would love to see the influence this kind of broadcasting has vs. the internet games.
Is that the real reason the viewership is so high?
The two competing bowl games on Dec. 18th were both on ESPN (not everyone gets this channel) and were not major bowls and still both drew close to an average of 2 million viewers per game ( 1.9 million and 2.25 million).
Just something to ponder.... xlolx

Professor
December 22nd, 2021, 01:41 PM
I think the 12 time slot on a Saturday has a lot to do with it. Great marketing by the 4 letter network

ASU33
December 22nd, 2021, 11:14 PM
I think the 12 time slot on a Saturday has a lot to do with it. Great marketing by the 4 letter network

Yes absolutely!

Panther88
January 3rd, 2022, 09:45 AM
We continue to ascend, build, and do well to satisfy our fanbase. Glad I could help contribute to it.

2021 Bowl season Attendance

1.Rose Bowl 87,842 cap 88,565 (P5)

2.Cotton Bowl 76,313 cap 100k (G5/P5)

3. Music City Bowl 69,489 cap 69,143 (P5)

4.Orange Bowl 66,839 cap 64,767

5.Sugar Bowl 66,470 cap 75k (P5)

6.Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl 63,669 cap 65,828 (P5)

7.Citrus Bowl 57,769 cap 65k (P5)

8.PlayStation Bowl 49,550 cap 65k (P5)

9.Celebration Bowl 48,653 cap 45k

10. Liberty Bowl 48,615 cap 58, 325 (G5/P5)

11. TicketsSmarter Bowl 47,100 cap 47,100 (G5/P5)

12.Outback Bowl 46,577 cap 65,828 (P5)

13. Mayo Bowl 45,520 cap 73,778 (P5)

14. Peach Bowl 41,230 cap 75k (P5)

15. Chezz-it Bowl 39,051 cap 65k (P5)

16. Lockheed Martin Airforce Bowl 34,888 cap 46k (G5)

17.Tony Tiger Sun Bowl 34,540 cap 51,500 (G5/P5)

18. Las Vegas Bowl 32,515 cap 65k (P5)

19. Jimmy Kimmel Bowl 29,896 cap 71,500 (P5)

20. Pinstripe Bowl 29,653 cap 54,251 (P5)

21.Gator Bowl 28,508 cap 67,858 (P5)

22.. Quick Lane Bowl 22,321 cap 64,500 (G5)

23..Independence Bowl 22,276 cap 52k (G5)

24. New Orleans Bowl 21,642 cap 73k (G5)

25. Guaranteed Rate Bowl 21,220 cap 48,405 (P5)

26.New Mexico Bowl 16,422 cap 39,224 (G5)

27.Tropical Smoothie 15,801 cap 20,500(G5)

28.Boca Raton Bowl 15,429 cap 29,415 (G5)

29. First Responder Bowl 15,251 cap 32,000 (G5)

30.Lending Tree Bowl 15,186 cap 25,450 (G5)

31. Frisco Football Classic 11,721cap 20,500 (G5)

32. Idaho Potato Bowl 10,127 cap 36,387 (G5)

33. Myrtle Beach Bowl 6,557 cap 21k (G5)

34. Camellia Bowl 0 cap 25,000 (G5)

ASU33
January 3rd, 2022, 02:08 PM
We continue to ascend, build, and do well to satisfy our fanbase. Glad I could help contribute to it.

Impressive to say the least!

Panther88
January 3rd, 2022, 03:26 PM
Impressive to say the least!

Considering our level and fanbase, it truly is. The few of us, we remain steadfastly faithful and committed.

BEAR
January 6th, 2022, 12:54 PM

Looking at those attendance numbers of 48k in a 45k stadium, I wonder does it take into account those who stayed tailgating just outside the stadium? If not then I can see many more in attendance but not in the stadium. That's impressive! xnodx

FUBeAR
January 6th, 2022, 02:20 PM
Looking at those attendance numbers of 48k in a 45k stadium, I wonder does it take into account those who stayed tailgating just outside the stadium? If not then I can see many more in attendance but not in the stadium. That's impressive! xnodx
The same stadium held 78,347 for the 2019 Peach Bowl

TSUalum05
January 6th, 2022, 03:07 PM

Agreed, it is impressive for two FCS programs on 2 weeks notice, in Jackson States case. I think the 48k is the amount of sold tickets and not the folks in the stadium. They purposely shut down the upper bowl dropping the capacity from 70+ to 40+.

BEAR
January 6th, 2022, 03:16 PM
Agreed, it is impressive for two FCS programs on 2 weeks notice, in Jackson States case. I think the 48k is the amount of sold tickets and not the folks in the stadium. They purposely shut down the upper bowl dropping the capacity from 70+ to 40+.

Gotcha. So the stadium wasn't sold out...just the portion that was open..and that was tickets sold not actual attendance. Still impressive numbers. More than most FCS have ever seen in one game.

Boogs
January 7th, 2022, 09:29 AM
The Celebration Bowl should be played on the last day of the FCS regular season. That way the winner could participate in the FCS playoffs.

unknown3
January 7th, 2022, 11:30 AM
They don't care about the playoffs.. not sure how that isn't apparent already.

ASU33
January 7th, 2022, 12:17 PM
The Celebration Bowl should be played on the last day of the FCS regular season. That way the winner could participate in the FCS playoffs.

That's completely impossible.

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2022, 10:21 AM

What type of alcohol drug combination do you ingest to dream up the **** you do?

Panther88
January 8th, 2022, 09:08 PM

Never. We have no interest in "fcs playoffs" as our primary goal.

BEAR
January 8th, 2022, 09:12 PM
Never. We have no interest in "fcs playoffs" as our primary goal.

....or being competitive in the actual game of football...xcoffeex

Panther88
January 8th, 2022, 10:31 PM

Same thing Bama and Ohio St fans say about "fcs teams." xlolx

Ultimately, who cares what outsiders and non-supporting irrelevant people think? We have over 60K+ fans at too many games who support and think otherwise. *gack!* lol The irrelevancy though... lol

Puddin Tane
January 8th, 2022, 10:36 PM
Same thing Bama and Ohio St fans say about "fcs teams." xlolx

Ultimately, who cares what outsiders and non-supporting irrelevant people think? We have over 60K+ fans at too many games who support and think otherwise. *gack!* lol The irrelevancy though... lol

hell, i just hope yall manage to behave in Beaumont this October. History is not on yalls side, tho.

Panther88
January 8th, 2022, 10:43 PM
hell, i just hope yall manage to behave in Beaumont this October. History is not on yalls side, tho.

Hell, I'm shocked you guys are fronting $300,000 for an fcs squad to grace your "division one state of the art FBS stadium" xlolx on your "division one FBS" lol campus in your little petroleum influenced "division one FBS" area. We will purchase gas masks to mask the stench of beaumont.

You people have flagships ut-austin & txa&m shaking in their boots with all your "division one FBS" glory and amenities. Before I forget, congrats on your d-1 fcs championship fall 2021.

xlolx xlmaox

Puddin Tane
January 8th, 2022, 10:55 PM
Id bring the mask for the pepper spray your own security sprayed your own fans with. Classic! Wish i could find the pic.

thats the smell of money, dont like it, drive a tesla

Panther88
January 9th, 2022, 01:10 AM
Id bring the mask for the pepper spray your own security sprayed your own fans with. Classic! Wish i could find the pic.

thats the smell of money, dont like it, drive a tesla

hahahahahahahaha the 2 flagships + other established FBSers have a new whipping tool in baw-mont, tx. xlolx

We gladly accept the $300K to come to your ugly place and beat you up, texas FBS irrelevant. xlmaox

Puddin Tane
January 9th, 2022, 07:42 AM
hahahahahahahaha the 2 flagships + other established FBSers have a new whipping tool in baw-mont, tx. xlolx

We gladly accept the $300K to come to your ugly place and beat you up, texas FBS irrelevant. xlmaox

ummmmm…we’re fcs

Panther88
January 9th, 2022, 08:08 AM
ummmmm…we’re fcs

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox Truly you are.

Professor
January 12th, 2022, 08:34 AM

Why does not playing in the FCS playoffs equate with not being competitive in football?

It's a financial choice that is paying off for those involved. It's just a choice. Like pepsi or coke. some like one some like the other. Some don't care , just want a soda

unknown3
January 12th, 2022, 08:38 AM

The same team has won the last 9 out of 11 championships in fcs. No one else is competitive with them either.

Professor
January 12th, 2022, 09:36 AM
The same team has won the last 9 out of 11 championships in fcs. No one else is competitive with them either.

Exactly

Panther88
January 12th, 2022, 11:36 AM

Their ingrained stupidity won't allow them to see the fallacy of their own verbal ignorance.

Congrats on being #1 in "fcs" again, NDSU. No one else in "fcs" is competitive with you. lol

Panther88
January 12th, 2022, 11:53 AM
Let me trigger some of these du... even more. I'm here for it.

Per Showbuzzdaily, the FCS Football Championship only drew 1.322 million viewers on Saturday, with a rate of .24

FCS CHAMPIONSHIP

ATTENDANCE: 18942
VIEWERSHIP: 1.322 million viewers
RATING: .24

Vs

CELEBRATION BOWL

ATTENDANCE: 48,653
VIEWERSHIP: 2.587 million viewers
RATING: 1.61

lol *Queue up the OTA vs cable provider argument here*

POD Knows
January 12th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Their ingrained stupidity won't allow them to see the fallacy of their own verbal ignorance.

Congrats on being #1 in "fcs" again, NDSU. No one else in "fcs" is competitive with you. lol
And those dog**** teams you seem to love so more such as hell aren’t. You are just like the UND fans up here. Dump on the FCS football division and be non competitive in that same division at the same time with virtually no clue as to how stupid you sound, or do you realize how stupid you sound

Panther88
January 12th, 2022, 01:04 PM
And those dog**** teams you seem to love so more such as hell aren’t. You are just like the UND fans up here. Dump on the FCS football division and be non competitive in that same division at the same time with virtually no clue as to how stupid you sound, or do you realize how stupid you sound

lamar/baw-mont guy, this dude here ^^^^^^^^ is speaking directly to you.

Sonic98
January 12th, 2022, 06:36 PM
Fans got totally screwed this game. These 3rd parties bought up tickets and left people scrambling. A lot of people were looking for tickets at the last minute and couldn't get the good ones. Then despite the good TV numbers, there was a co-broadcasting deal that fell apart at the last minute. Of course the arena didn't want to sell the 45K to start with. It could have been something we hadn't really seen before. It should have been packed like a game in Jackson and one of the best TV numbers ever for FCS