PDA

View Full Version : MSU QB McKay enters transfer portal 2 days before playoff game

bob12
December 2nd, 2021, 11:39 PM
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-starting-quarterback-matthew-mckay-enters-transfer-portal/article_3eaeff04-f2fe-52b2-89da-da3772766533.html

Well.... I take a week off to go to Vegas with the family. I thought the worst thing that happened was that I forgot to fill out the bracket challenge. Well... maybe not. But then again, offense has been anemic, so maybe this isn't the worst thing ever.

I did a quick look through and didn't see this posted.

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2021, 09:05 AM
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-starting-quarterback-matthew-mckay-enters-transfer-portal/article_3eaeff04-f2fe-52b2-89da-da3772766533.html

Well.... I take a week off to go to Vegas with the family. I thought the worst thing that happened was that I forgot to fill out the bracket challenge. Well... maybe not. But then again, offense has been anemic, so maybe this isn't the worst thing ever.

I did a quick look through and didn't see this posted.

.....HOW'D...YA MISS DUH.....MONTANA STATE GAME THREAD.....??.....BRAWK!

MSUBobcat
December 3rd, 2021, 09:25 AM
.....HOW'D...YA MISS DUH.....MONTANA STATE GAME THREAD.....??.....BRAWK!

xoopsx Novembrists...

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 10:39 AM
xoopsx Novembrists...

It’s December

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 11:32 AM
It’s December
Yeah, but…

bob12 (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?44344-bob12)
Join Date Nov 2021
My Team Montana State
Posts 8

MSUBobcat
December 3rd, 2021, 11:35 AM
Yeah, but…

Join Date Nov 2021
My Team Montana State
Posts 8

BINGO!

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but…

Join Date Nov 2021
My Team Montana State
Posts 8

Yep, totally aware

Just smokin MSUbobcat out of his cave a bit

He thinks that me thinking Holy Cross is going to give Nova a game tonight is some attempt on my past to retain the humor award

not funny

lol

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 01:18 PM
Yep, totally aware

Just smokin MSUbobcat out of his cave a bit

He thinks that me thinking Holy Cross is going to give Nova a game tonight is some attempt on my past to retain the humor award

not funny

lolwell, FUBeAR hasn’t seen Nova play, but I know they beat JMU & didn’t get run out of the stadium at Happy Valley. Looks like the rest of their schedule was OOC & CAA cupcakes with a face-plant into the green & gold icing of only one of those tasty treats.

So…FUBeAR would have to give the Vanillas or CarlSagans (or whatever their mascot is) the edge over the Holy Coarse, Batman! Team that FUBeAR saw looking like 2 left-footed walruses dancing with Scared Heart last week in a game that the ScaredHearts prevented themselves from winning by going into Prevent Defense up by only 4 with over 3 minutes to play.

yep…’Nova advances tonight.

Chalupa Batman
December 3rd, 2021, 01:53 PM
well, FUBeAR hasn’t seen Nova play, but I know they beat JMU & didn’t get run out of the stadium at Happy Valley. Looks like the rest of their schedule was OOC & CAA cupcakes with a face-plant into the green & gold icing of only one of those tasty treats.

So…FUBeAR would have to give the Vanillas or CarlSagans (or whatever their mascot is) the edge over the Holy Coarse, Batman! Team that FUBeAR saw looking like 2 left-footed walruses dancing with Scared Heart last week in a game that the ScaredHearts prevented themselves from winning by going into Prevent Defense up by only 4 with over 3 minutes to play.

To say Villanova didn't get run out of the stadium in Happy Valley is pretty generous. It was 38-3 in the 4th quarter and the Wildcats had 111 yards of offense to that point until they put together their 2 TD drives against the PSU 2nd string D.

I do think Villanova advances but expect to see a game closer than most people are thinking. I agree that if last weeks HC team shows up this could get ugly, but I think the team that blew out Monmouth & everyone in the Patriot League shows up and they stay within striking distance. In the end though I see something like 30-17 Wildcats.

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 02:54 PM
To say Villanova didn't get run out of the stadium in Happy Valley is pretty generous. It was 38-3 in the 4th quarter and the Wildcats had 111 yards of offense to that point until they put together their 2 TD drives against the PSU 2nd string D.

I do think Villanova advances but expect to see a game closer than most people are thinking. I agree that if last weeks HC team shows up this could get ugly, but I think the team that blew out Monmouth & everyone in the Patriot League shows up and they stay within striking distance. In the end though I see something like 30-17 Wildcats.yeah…but…

Penn State was ranked #6 and heading to #4 at the time. 7-3 Nittanies @ end of 1st quarter & 17-3 @ half with both of PSU’s TD’s coming on long passes. That’s ‘not getting run out of the stadium’ by a Top 5/Top 10 FBS P5 in FUBeAR’s book. Your frame of reference may differ.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 03:22 PM
well, FUBeAR hasn’t seen Nova play, but I know they beat JMU & didn’t get run out of the stadium at Happy Valley. Looks like the rest of their schedule was OOC & CAA cupcakes with a face-plant into the green & gold icing of only one of those tasty treats.

Which Nova will show up? Of course they are favored at home against the Patriot League team coming off the bye.

They looked pedestrian vs the sickly blue chickens a few weeks ago but Delaware does play some defense and the Nova running game, particularly Covington didn’t look right, maybe not 100%.

Holy Cross will play some defense as well and that #27 is a stud.

The chance Holy Cross has, is to play the defensive game of the year and somehow put up some points.

As I’ve said all week though, if Nova is clicking on offense like they can, if Daniel Smith is on his game it will be all over.
If it’s close or big play needed Smith will be throwing to Hayak, kid is a stud.

bottom line
Nova Can be a head scratcher

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 03:46 PM
Which Nova will show up? Of course they are favored at home against the Patriot League team coming off the bye.

They looked pedestrian vs the sickly blue chickens a few weeks ago but Delaware does play some defense and the Nova running game, particularly Covington didn’t look right, maybe not 100%.

Holy Cross will play some defense as well and that #27 is a stud.

The chance Holy Cross has, is to play the defensive game of the year and somehow put up some points.

As I’ve said all week though, if Nova is clicking on offense like they can, if Daniel Smith is on his game it will be all over.
If it’s close or big play needed Smith will be throwing to Hayak, kid is a stud.

bottom line
Nova Can be a head scratcherSmith….he’s the guy who transferred from Campbell, right? (You can tell FUBeAR follows CAA Football closely, huh?) Yeah - remember him when he was a Camel. Kid can spin it pretty good & move around a little bit too. That the guy?

ngineer
December 3rd, 2021, 03:55 PM
I think this game is like any college game..."Which team is going to show up?" Most college teams have bad streaks and good streaks. The best are able to maintain a more constant level of excellence. This is also when good coaching shows up. If Chesney is everything he has been touted to be by the Crusader faithful, his charges should be ready to give the 'cats a good battle. I expect the 'saders to give 'nova' " a game", meaning staying close enough that a turnover or two could cause an upset. I say Villanova, 31-21

Chalupa Batman
December 3rd, 2021, 03:56 PM
yeah…but…

Penn State was ranked #6 and heading to #4 at the time. 7-3 Nittanies @ end of 1st quarter & 17-3 @ half with both of PSU’s TD’s coming on long passes. That’s ‘not getting run out of the stadium’ by a Top 5/Top 10 FBS P5 in FUBeAR’s book. Your frame of reference may differ.

Ranked #6 at the time…. [emoji23]

Don’t get me wrong, Penn State is a solid FBS team but to claim Villanova played a top 10 FBS team is laughable. Where they were ranked when they played, especially that early in the season, is pretty irrelevant and I’m sure you know that. I’m kind of surprised you didn’t go even further and say something like “Villanova wrecked Penn State so much physically that the Nittany Lions only went 3-5 after that game!”

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 04:07 PM
Smith….he’s the guy who transferred from Campbell, right? (You can tell FUBeAR follows CAA Football closely, huh?) Yeah - remember him when he was a Camel. Kid can spin it pretty good & move around a little bit too. That the guy?

indeed that his him, Smith was at Campbell

bob12
December 3rd, 2021, 10:11 PM
Well like I posted when I joined recently, I tried joining years ago and membership was locked. What's a guy to do? Either way, I don't have to prove to you my fandom. I didn't look at the game thread because, well, it's a game thread. My bad for not posting to your liking and yeah I am new to this forum. I'll be sure to ask you for permission to post from here out. Though I do hope this one is okay without your approval.

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2021, 10:19 PM
Well like I posted when I joined recently, I tried joining years ago and membership was locked. What's a guy to do? Either way, I don't have to prove to you my fandom. I didn't look at the game thread because, well, it's a game thread. My bad for not posting to your liking and yeah I am new to this forum. I'll be sure to ask you for permission to post from here out. Though I do hope this one is okay without your approval.

WTF are you talking about???

bob12
December 3rd, 2021, 10:24 PM
WTF are you talking about???

Just responding to MSUBobcat. I didn't quote his post, figured he'd find it eventually.

Chalupa Batman
December 3rd, 2021, 10:31 PM

You'll enjoy you're time here a lot more if you learn to not take things so personal.

Welcome to the board.

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 10:36 PM
These Montana State Fans seem a surly bunch. Are they nervous or something?

C’mon…their Bobcats defeated both non-scholarship Drake and non-scholarship San Diego earlier in the year. They shouldn’t have any trouble with a lowly OVC Team like UTM.

Yeah, sure they got curb-stomped by the Griz in their last outing & their starting QB bailed out 2 days before a Playoff game, but they got a better guy who’s completed 2 passes this year. Why worry?

bob12
December 3rd, 2021, 11:06 PM
You'll enjoy you're time here a lot more if you learn to not take things so personal.

Welcome to the board.

To be honest, it was the fact that it's been other Bobcat fans are the most hostile... I could care less if other fanbases talk trash.

bob12
December 3rd, 2021, 11:09 PM
These Montana State Fans seem a surly bunch. Are they nervous or something?

C’mon…their Bobcats defeated both non-scholarship Drake and non-scholarship San Diego earlier in the year. They shouldn’t have any trouble with a lowly OVC Team like UTM.

Yeah, sure they got curb-stomped by the Griz in their last outing & their starting QB bailed out 2 days before a Playoff game, but they got a better guy who’s completed 2 passes this year. Why worry?

We haven't had a QB for yrs and you know the whole sayin, if you have two you don't have one, but we have none... Is that the same for having two teams? just ribbing

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 11:21 PM
We haven't had a QB for yrs and you know the whole sayin, if you have two you don't have one, but we have none... Is that the same for having two teams? just ribbing
That’s pretty good. You picked up on FUBeAR’s duality much quicker than most. Kudos!

There have been times when Furman was playing Mercer that FUBeAR felt exactly as you’ve described…felt like he had no Team because he had 2.

bob12
December 3rd, 2021, 11:41 PM
That’s pretty good. You picked up on FUBeAR’s duality much quicker than most. Kudos!

There have been times when Furman was playing Mercer that FUBeAR felt exactly as you’ve described…felt like he had no Team because he had 2.

Just to be certain, who is FUBeAR and what does he do? If he's not you?

FUBeAR
December 4th, 2021, 01:03 AM
Just to be certain, who is FUBeAR and what does he do? If he's not you?FUBeAR is an ethereal internet persona & a bear of very little brain

ST_Lawson
December 4th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Just to be certain, who is FUBeAR and what does he do? If he's not you?

FUeAR often speaks in the 3rd person...just his "thing".

dgtw
December 4th, 2021, 07:32 PM
Guess they didn’t miss him too much today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk