PDA

View Full Version : Danny Rocco fired at Delaware

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Stubborn ole Rip Van Rocco has no one to blame but himself

Now the big question is who will be the next head coach in Newark?

Get us a man who knows what Delaware football is all about and will breath some instant life into the slumbering program

A man who was hired 19 years ago and stood on that podium with a gleam in his eye and said he was in Newark to win National championships and delivered

A man who lead Delaware to a big upset win over Temple at Veterans Stadium in 1980 with a 66 yard pick 6..... this guy ain’t going to hated Temple

A man who had a vision for upgrading UD facilities but was told stay in your lane, but ironically after he was fired, a new administration did just what he recommended

A man who bleeds blue and gold and not grim and old

This guys name is Kurt Charles Keeler

bring him home

Anthony215
November 29th, 2021, 11:18 AM

Get us a man who knows what Delaware football is all about and will breath some instant life into the slumbering program

A man who was hired 19 years ago and stood on that podium with a gleam in his eye and said he was in Newark to win National championships and delivered

A man who lead Delaware to a big upset win over Temple at Veterans Stadium in 1980 with a 66 yard pick 6..... this guy ain’t going to hated Temple

A man who had a vision for upgrading UD facilities but was told stay in your lane, but ironically after he was fired, a new administration did just what he recommended

bring him home

Can Delaware afford him? Why would he leave SHSU when they're jumping up to FBS which means his paycheck will be around 750k to 1 million per season? Can Delaware offer him over $500k per season plus pay his staff?

Libertine
November 29th, 2021, 11:23 AM

You do realize that KC Keeler is a year older than Rocco, right?

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 11:32 AM

Of course

Rocco acted like an old man

KC does not

just look em in the eyes

crusader11
November 29th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Hope Bob Chesney isn't in the running.

Gangtackle11
November 29th, 2021, 11:38 AM
Sammy is going to FBS. KC is in the rearview mirror with regards to Delaware. Next?

Danny achieved something that will probably not be achieved again. 1-0 vs. Nova in the spring.

xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 11:49 AM
Sammy is going to FBS. KC is in the rearview mirror with regards to Delaware. Next?

Danny achieved something that will probably not be achieved again. 1-0 vs. Nova in the spring.

xpeacex

Sammy going FBS is the perfect Segway for KC to put Huntsville in the rear view mirror

KC still loves playoff football

Daytripper
November 29th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Sammy going FBS is the perfect Segway for KC to put Huntsville in the rear view mirror

KC still loves playoff football

If he gets us back-to-back chips I will shake his hand and wish him well at Delaware. It will give the Bearkats a chance at a clean slate as we transition with a new coach.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 11:56 AM
Can Delaware afford him? Why would he leave SHSU when they're jumping up to FBS which means his paycheck will be around 750k to 1 million per season? Can Delaware offer him over $500k per season plus pay his staff?

Well they were paying Rocco more than 500k

I don’t know if UD is looking at Keeler but it would be a great story

some other names would be Nagy and Mike Adams

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2021, 11:57 AM

He should be although I have to think Chesney could do better? Quality P5 coordinator or decent G5 HC gig?

Temple is officially open :D

This seems like it could be a watershed hire for Delaware football. Either they return to major relevance or they're truly on a "PL Level" in 5-10 years....

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 11:57 AM
If he gets us back-to-back chips I will shake his hand and wish him well at Delaware. It will give the Bearkats a chance at a clean slate as we transition with a new coach.

You know I will be pulling for you but Ward is scary good, be careful with him

NY Crusader 2010
November 29th, 2021, 12:16 PM
Would Bob Surace of Princeton be a candidate? Or do good Ivy coaches just stay there forever?

Daytripper
November 29th, 2021, 12:19 PM
You know I will be pulling for you but Ward is scary good, be careful with him

We are very familiar with him. Our past success against him was by getting pressure on him with just the front four. I will say this, Ward's arm talent is out of this world. He can throw it accurately from any arm angle and he can throw it a mile.

leopardball2010
November 29th, 2021, 12:42 PM
Would Bob Surace of Princeton be a candidate? Or do good Ivy coaches just stay there forever?I was just wondering if this opening would affect the Lafayette hiring at all. Obviously most of the rumors around Lafayette have been with Loose, the Kutztown staff or other alumns But I didn't know how far they were going to try to reach if they went outside.

Knowing that Delaware is probably paying way more, I figured it would be a different class of higher. But like some of the other commenters mentioned, recently Delaware has been on a Patriot League slant.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2021, 12:45 PM
JMU won a natty with a PSAC guy, would Delaware be interested in Clements?

- - - Updated - - -

Would Bob Surace of Princeton be a candidate? Or do good Ivy coaches just stay there forever?

Didn't Murphy once decline an interview with Notre Dame?

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 29th, 2021, 12:46 PM
I was just wondering if this opening would affect the Lafayette hiring at all. Obviously most of the rumors around Lafayette have been with Loose, the Kutztown staff or other alumns But I didn't know how far they were going to try to reach if they went outside.

Knowing that Delaware is probably paying way more, I figured it would be a different class of higher. But like some of the other commenters mentioned, recently Delaware has been on a Patriot League slant.

Well that will get the Hen faithful all stirred upxnodx

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 12:52 PM
Well that will get the Hen faithful all stirred upxnodx

No, most Hen fans have said the same thing

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 12:54 PM
We are very familiar with him. Our past success against him was by getting pressure on him with just the front four. I will say this, Ward's arm talent is out of this world. He can throw it accurately from any arm angle and he can throw it a mile.

He’s really good when pressured too, nothing rattles him

crusader11
November 29th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Wonder if Joe Moorhead would come back down to FCS, or if tasting the waters as SEC head coach and Big Ten / Pac-12 OC have made him an FBS guy now.

kdinva
November 29th, 2021, 01:52 PM
Wonder if Joe Moorhead would come back down to FCS, or if tasting the waters as SEC head coach and Big Ten / Pac-12 OC have made him an FBS guy now.

I think he's tops on Akron's list..

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2021, 01:54 PM
I think he's tops on Akron's list..

Saw that too! Totally bizarre!

leopardball2010
November 29th, 2021, 02:00 PM
Saw that too! Totally bizarre!I actually think it's right on brand. It completely restarts his clock in the area he wants to be in. Makes him a legitimate Big ten HC candidate in 3 years if he can get some wins under his belt at Akron. And the beauty of Akron is he can recruit whoever he wants. If you have a pulse and can run a 4.4 you can get in an Akron, no reason he shouldn't be able to take anyone out of Ohio that isn't going to OSU.

I think it's universally agreed that his Mississippi State endeavor was ill advised. He took the Oregon job because it's a job. Now he gets to go be an HC and be on the radars that he wants to be on. I also wonder if he knows that the head coach at Oregon may only be there for a short time.

Bill
November 29th, 2021, 02:31 PM
Well,

While the PL attempts to take over this thread, how about Pete Lembo? xlolx

Go Green
November 29th, 2021, 03:50 PM
Didn't Murphy once decline an interview with Notre Dame?

I would be surprised if there was any.... veritas... to that.

:)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2021, 04:15 PM
I would be surprised if there was any.... veritas... to that.

:)

That's why i posed it as a question...lol. With that said, his name did make an ESPN list from 2001 as a longshot. I tend to think their maybe some validity to him being offered an interview in 2005 or 2009. Likely 2004 imo. Weis didn't become a hot name until late when there really were no other name....

https://a.espncdn.com/ncf/s/2001/1202/1288667.htm

Dug further...

Thespeculation didn’t end with those schools, however. Coaching vacancy at NotreDame? Murphy’s got to be a shoo-in. Didn’t you hear? Murphy used to work undercurrent ND athletic director Kevin White at the University of Maine. So nevermind Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan and his two Super Bowl rings. ForgetOklahoma coach Bob Stoops and his national title. Murphy’s a definite lock.
(https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2002/1/9/life-of-brian-six-degrees-of/)Lo and behold, it didn’t workout that way. The Irish went with Stanford’s Tyrone Willingham instead. Maybethat’s for the best, because just last week, Steve Spurrier flew the coop atFlorida and Stoops and Shanahan are both saying they aren’t interested.

Life of Brian: Six Degrees of Coach Tim Murphy | Sports | The Harvard Crimson (thecrimson.com) (https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2002/1/9/life-of-brian-six-degrees-of/)

I wonder who came calling for Tubby? Delaware needs to be relevant for the sake of FCS football in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast with JMU departing...

CHIP72
November 29th, 2021, 04:41 PM

bring him home

Unless Delaware wants to go with a lower level DI-AA/FCS head coach, young DI-AA/FCS coordinator, or a D2 head coach, Keeler should be UD's first call, even if he only stays for less than 10 years in his second go-around.

CHIP72
November 29th, 2021, 04:43 PM
He should be although I have to think Chesney could do better? Quality P5 coordinator or decent G5 HC gig?

Temple is officially open :D

This seems like it could be a watershed hire for Delaware football. Either they return to major relevance or they're truly on a "PL Level" in 5-10 years....

Maybe Rod Carey can land on his feet at Delaware if the Blue Hens really do want to go to PL level in 5-10 years. xlolx

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 05:03 PM
Unless Delaware wants to go with a lower level DI-AA/FCS head coach, young DI-AA/FCS coordinator, or a D2 head coach, Keeler should be UD's first call, even if he only stays for less than 10 years in his second go-around.

no more than 5 years

He needs about 48 wins for 300

wapiti
November 29th, 2021, 05:05 PM
Mike Kramer for the job.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Mike Kramer for the job.

you stop it

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2021, 05:11 PM
Joe Flacco

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2021, 05:16 PM
UD alum Warren Ruggiero is definitely worth a call too. His name has come up with the Temple opening. He was also mentioned with the Lehigh gig a couple of years ago....

ngineer
November 29th, 2021, 06:45 PM

I'd be looking at a Keeler disciple.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 06:51 PM
I'd be looking at a Keeler disciple.

That would be great but he is still in NFL

ngineer
November 29th, 2021, 07:02 PM
That would be great but he is still in NFL

I was more thinking one of KC's current or former Coordinators or assists. I don't know easily playing in the NFL translates into becoming an HC at the D-1 college level. Most former players have done some time coaching at a lower level or as an assist before trying to take reins of a program.

I saw Lembo mentioned earlier. With the current path he has been on, I wonder if he would take a different fork in the road. He was on steady rise, but when his gig at Ball State seemed to stall out, he's been on a chronic side track of various "Associate HC/Special teams" gigs (Maryland, Rice, Memphis , South Carolina all in the last 6-7 years). He's about 49-50 years old, with a lot of administrative experience; but I question whether he would deign that position.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 07:06 PM
I was more thinking one of KC's current or former Coordinators or assists. I don't know easily playing in the NFL translates into becoming an HC at the D-1 college level. Most former players have done some time coaching at a lower level or as an assist before trying to take reins of a program.

I saw Lembo mentioned earlier. With the current path he has been on, I wonder if he would take a different fork in the road. He was on steady rise, but when his gig at Ball State seemed to stall out, he's been on a chronic side track of various "Associate HC/Special teams" gigs (Maryland, Rice, Memphis , South Carolina all in the last 6-7 years). He's about 49-50 years old, with a lot of administrative experience; but I question whether he would deign that position.

The name Ryan Carty is tossed around a lot, he played for Delaware under KC and is the OC at Sam Houston

ngineer
November 29th, 2021, 07:11 PM
The name Ryan Carty is tossed around a lot, he played for Delaware under KC and is the OC at Sam Houston

Exactly the type of guy I was thinking of...plus would likely fit the Hen's budget.

Bill
November 29th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Paging Mr. Chicken...Mr. Chicken... Mr. Chicken to the blue courtesy phone please.

ngineer
November 29th, 2021, 08:08 PM
Paging Mr. Chicken...Mr. Chicken... Mr. Chicken to the blue courtesy phone please.

Yes! Yes!...Can't wait for the post game press conferences!xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
November 29th, 2021, 10:33 PM

.......HOPIN' FO' KC/CARTY PACKAGE DEAL.......BUT IFIN' KC...IS STILL SORE.....CARTY HAS SOME CHIP KELLY TRAININ'....DURIN' HIS TIME IN NEW HAMPSHIRE......HIS DAD/BROS WERE/ARE FOOTBALL COACHES......HAS UH LOVE FO' DUH TRICK PLAY.......AN' DUH WILDCATS...CERTAINLY HAD SOME DOOZIES......WAS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR UH YEAR 2020..........FORMER QB PLAYED SPARIN'LY......BUT WAS WELL THOUGHT OF BY TEAMMATES..AN' NAMED UH CAPTAIN HIS SENIOR YEAR.....KNOWS COLLEGE GAME...&...COOD RUN DAY TA DAY OPERATION.........BRAWK!

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2021, 10:41 PM
Figured you all would be clamoring for a coach from the Ivies.

Pards Rule
November 30th, 2021, 06:41 AM
That's why i posed it as a question...lol. With that said, his name did make an ESPN list from 2001 as a longshot. I tend to think their maybe some validity to him being offered an interview in 2005 or 2009. Likely 2004 imo. Weis didn't become a hot name until late when there really were no other name....

https://a.espncdn.com/ncf/s/2001/1202/1288667.htm

Dug further...

Life of Brian: Six Degrees of Coach Tim Murphy | Sports | The Harvard Crimson (thecrimson.com) (https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2002/1/9/life-of-brian-six-degrees-of/)

I wonder who came calling for Tubby? Delaware needs to be relevant for the sake of FCS football in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast with JMU departing...

PL hijack (by way of DB Cooper 50 years ago Thanksgiving Eve 1971, 11/24/71) bail out: Tim Murphy was on Bill Russo's staff in his magical 1981 season. I've bailed, hijack over

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2021, 06:54 AM

.....AS ROCCO IS KICKED TA DUH CURB......HERE ARE 9 NAMES FROM TRESOLINI & NEWS JOURNAL.......BEIN' KICKED 'ROUND:

1. K. C. KEELER........SAM HOUSTON STATE
2. MATT NAGY...........CHICAGO BEARS
3. MANNY ROJAS.......UD DEFENSIVE CO0RDINATOR
4. LYLE HEMPHILL.....WAKE FOREST DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR
5. RYAN CARTY.........SAM HOUSTON STATE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR
6. CHRIS BODEN.......VILLANOVA OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR....................................... .........NO WAY JACK!
7. JUSTIN LUSTIG......VANDERBILT ASST HEAD COACH/SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR
8. MIKE REED...........CLEMSON CORNER BACK COACH
9. SEAN GLEESON....RUTGERS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Pards Rule
November 30th, 2021, 07:00 AM

.....AS ROCCO IS KICKED TA DUH CURB......HERE ARE 9 NAMES FROM TRESOLINI & NEWS JOURNAL.......BEIN' KICKED 'ROUND:

1. K. C. KEELER........SAM HOUSTON STATE
2. MATT NAGY...........CHICAGO BEARS
3. MANNY ROJAS.......UD DEFENSIVE CO0RDINATOR
4. LYLE HEMPHILL.....WAKE FOREST DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR
5. RYAN CARTY.........SAM HOUSTON STATE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR
6. CHRIS BODEN.......VILLANOVA OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR....................................... .........NO WAY JACK!
7. JUSTIN LUSTIG......VANDERBILT ASST HEAD COACH/SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR
8. MIKE REED...........CLEMSON CORNER BACK COACH
9. SEAN GLEESON....RUTGERS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Where's the Garrett brothers and Frank Tavani?

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2021, 07:02 AM
PL hijack (by way of DB Cooper 50 years ago Thanksgiving Eve 1971, 11/24/71) bail out: Tim Murphy was on Bill Russo's staff in his magical 1981 season. I've bailed, hijack over

.....TIM MURPHY.....WAS ACTUALLY....DUH ANNOUNCED HEAD COACH HIRE @ DELAWARE....WHEN....AS DUH STORY GOES.....AN INFLUENTIAL FROM UD (POSSIBLY RULY CARPENTER EX PHILLIES OWNER).....WANTED KEELER FROM ROWAN....AN' SO IT WAS DONE............BRAWK!

Mocs123
November 30th, 2021, 07:02 AM
Rocco seemed like a rock star hire when Delaware hired him. He'd had great success at Liberty and Richmond. Richmond acted quickly and hired Huesman away from Chattanooga, which also seemed like a rock star hire at the time. It doesn't seem like the change of scenery did any of them any good.

paward
November 30th, 2021, 07:22 AM
The surprise here is why they held on to Rocco for so long. I expected him to be gone sooner. If needed Richmond will not be calling him.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2021, 07:23 AM
Rocco seemed like a rock star hire when Delaware hired him. He'd had great success at Liberty and Richmond. Richmond acted quickly and hired Huesman away from Chattanooga, which also seemed like a rock star hire at the time. It doesn't seem like the change of scenery did any of them any good.

Not all Rock Stars can sing and Rocco couldn’t carry a tune in the shower

He seemed like a safe pick but I can tell you this Hen fan was hoping for Kerwin Bell or a younger more energetic less stubborn modernistic Coach

There was no outward display that winning was the most important thing with him

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2021, 07:27 AM
The surprise here is why they held on to Rocco for so long. I expected him to be gone sooner. If needed Richmond will not be calling him.

I think towards the end of 2019 his chair started getting hot, and the the Flukey spring season cooled everything down.

One comment the AD made was 1-7 vs Nova and JMU was just unacceptable

HensRock
November 30th, 2021, 07:29 AM
.....TIM MURPHY.....WAS ACTUALLY....DUH ANNOUNCED HEAD COACH HIRE @ DELAWARE....WHEN....AS DUH STORY GOES.....AN INFLUENTIAL FROM UD (POSSIBLY RULY CARPENTER EX PHILLIES OWNER).....WANTED KEELER FROM ROWAN....AN' SO IT WAS DONE............BRAWK!

Yeah, I think we burned that bridge. UD handled that situation very poorly. It was an embarrassment.

Personally, I'm hoping for a young, innovative HEAD Coach from D-II or D-III.
Not sure why it seems that assistants on the FCS level are considered before Head coaches at lower levels. To me, moving from Head Coach at lower level to Head Coach at FCS is a much smoother transition than assistant to head.
Not all good assistants make good head coaches. <cough>Brock</cough>

katss07
November 30th, 2021, 07:29 AM
hens can have carty

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 07:44 AM
It’s well past time for the Blue Hens to do the right thing and make a historic hire.

UD Alum & First State native, Elena Delle Donne brings elite success at the highest professional level, global recognition as an Olympic Gold Medalist, and comp-wise, easily fits within their budget.

C’mon Hens, put Delaware on the map, y’know, so we can finally see it.

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2021, 07:51 AM
It’s well past time for the Blue Hens to do the right thing and make a historic hire.

UD Alum & First State native, Elena Delle Donne brings elite success at the highest professional level, global recognition as an Olympic Gold Medalist, and comp-wise, easily fits within their budget.

...SO WE HAVE UH BIG TEAM FO' SUCH UH SMALL STATE?.......WHAA IF NEWARK.....&......DELAWARE....WERE IN OHIO.....WAIT FO' IT......DEY ARE...DEY ARE........BRAWK!

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 07:54 AM
...SO WE HAVE UH BIG TEAM FO' SUCH UH SMALL STATE?.......WHAA IF NEWARK &...DELAWARE....WERE IN OHIO.....WAIT FO' IT......DEY ARE...DEY ARE........BRAWK!
Also in New Jersey…

https://newjersey.news12.com/no-mans-land-theres-a-piece-of-delaware-thats-actually-located-in-new-jersey-42620109

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2021, 09:34 AM
...SO WE HAVE UH BIG TEAM FO' SUCH UH SMALL STATE?.......WHAA IF NEWARK.....&......DELAWARE....WERE IN OHIO.....WAIT FO' IT......DEY ARE...DEY ARE........BRAWK!

Use some of the Soprano mafia money, or St Thomas with it's mafia money will pass you by.

CHIP72
November 30th, 2021, 09:41 AM

Hmm, I think there's someone else in a high level, non-football position who may have put Delaware on the map in the last year or so...

CHIP72
November 30th, 2021, 09:44 AM
Also in New Jersey…

https://newjersey.news12.com/no-mans-land-theres-a-piece-of-delaware-thats-actually-located-in-new-jersey-42620109

...NO...MR. CHICKEN SAYS...THE ONE IN DELAWARE...IS PRONOWNCED NEW-ARK...BUT THE ONE IN JERSEY...IS PRONOWNCED NEW-IRK......BRAWK!

I LOVE typing in MR. CHICKEN'S voice, but that is hard to do on a regular basis. BRAWK!

CHIP72
November 30th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I think we burned that bridge. UD handled that situation very poorly. It was an embarrassment.

Personally, I'm hoping for a young, innovative HEAD Coach from D-II or D-III.
Not sure why it seems that assistants on the FCS level are considered before Head coaches at lower levels. To me, moving from Head Coach at lower level to Head Coach at FCS is a much smoother transition than assistant to head.
Not all good assistants make good head coaches. <cough>Brock</cough>

Go tell that to the people on the Temple board, especially one fan in particular (not GLTUOwl)...

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 09:53 AM
Hmm, I think there's someone else in a high level, non-football position who may have put Delaware on the map in the last year or so...
So…you’re thinking that individual would be able to give the Blue Hens’ program a shot in the arm, put a mask over recent issues, inflate the success of the D at UD, and supply an O that could move the chains?

Nah…not historic enough. :D

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2021, 06:17 AM
"It's also why previous ties to the Blue Hens, past offensive success and a more charismatic personality may be characteristics Delaware seeks in a new coach and why it could very likely be former coach K.C. Keeler."

posted on Gohens, quote is from Beat writer Kevin Tresolini

crusader11
December 1st, 2021, 06:27 AM
They should look at Tim Cramsey.

Although I’m not sure Cramsey would be interested.

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2021, 07:43 AM
They should look at Tim Cramsey.

Although I’m not sure Cramsey would be interested.

Cramsey was mentioned 5 years ago this month in the Lafayette hunt. Why has he been so many places? I dont get that? Can someone explain it to me?

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2021, 08:11 AM
"It's also why previous ties to the Blue Hens, past offensive success and a more charismatic personality may be characteristics Delaware seeks in a new coach and why it could very likely be former coach K.C. Keeler."

posted on Gohens, quote is from Beat writer Kevin Tresolini

.....AN' HE HAS UH HOME.......DOWN AT DUH BEACH.........AWK!

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2021, 08:38 AM
.....AN' HE HAS UH HOME.......DOWN AT DUH BEACH.........AWK!

Rehoboth Beach

The Boardwalk

Sea spray

Miniature Golf

Birthplace of the original Grotto Pizza

Dollys

no parking and no sales tax

bewildered tourist from New Jersey that can’t believe you don’t need to pay 5 bucks to stroll in the Surfline

and soon enough the Sussex County Paparazzi will be flocking to see our new celebrity sunglasses sporting Head Coach

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2021, 08:40 AM
Rehoboth Beach

The Boardwalk

Sea spray

Miniature Golf

Birthplace of the original Grotto Pizza

Dollys

no parking and no sales tax

bewildered tourist from New Jersey that can’t believe you don’t need to pay 5 bucks to stroll in the Surfline

and soon enough the Sussex County Paparazzi will be flocking to see our new celebrity sunglasses sporting Head Coach

Grotto is excellent! Had the big G at their place on Rt 13 in Dover

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2021, 08:40 AM

......DON'T FO'GET....THONGS/BIKINIS...............AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2021, 08:47 AM
....WILL CARNEY...GIVE HIM....LICENSE PLATE #1.............BRAWK!!!

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2021, 08:50 AM

......DON'T FO'GET....THONGS/BIKINIS...............AWK!

those are worn by the Nova fans and unfortunately Not all are girls

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2021, 08:52 AM
Grotto is excellent! Had the big G at their place on Rt 13 in Dover

Well I’m glad you liked it but local Intel is once it got off the Beach with expansion it was just not the same

leopardball2010
December 1st, 2021, 08:52 AM
those are worn by the Nova fans and unfortunately Not all are girls

Most are not...

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2021, 08:58 AM
.....BET KC'S READIN' DIS THREAD.....AS WE SPEAK..........ALWAYS SAID HE PERUSED DUH BOARDS.....BUK BUK BUK......BAWK!

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2021, 03:19 PM
.....BET KC'S READIN' DIS THREAD.....AS WE SPEAK..........ALWAYS SAID HE PERUSED DUH BOARDS.....BUK BUK BUK......BAWK!

He should give a shout out to Mr Chicken at his re-introductory press conference

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2021, 10:08 AM

If he's reading katfans he is in for some entertainment. KC's future is quite the topic of discussion.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 10:27 AM
If he's reading katfans he is in for some entertainment. KC's future is quite the topic of discussion.

They already have his name tag on the door

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2021, 01:04 PM
......LICENSE PLATE # 66........PART UH COMPENSATION PACKAGE......BRAWK!!

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2021, 01:10 PM

....MAH KC BOBBLE.......JES' INCREASED TEN FOLD......AN' JES' ON RUMORS.............BRAWK!!

......ONE IS LISTED ON E-BAY....$99.99..............NOT FOOLIN'..........AWK!

Libertine
December 2nd, 2021, 01:19 PM
On the off off off off off off OFF chance that KC doesn't work out for you guys, Steve "Lord of Dudes" Addazio is now available.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2021, 01:24 PM
....IFIN' IT AIN'T KC........MAY AS WELL GO AFTERAH.....KERMIT DUH FROG...........WE'VE HAD ​TOO MANY....FOOTBALL SAVIORS.......PRETENNDIN' IN NEW-ARK........BAWK!!

Anthony215
December 2nd, 2021, 03:22 PM
On the off off off off off off OFF chance that KC doesn't work out for you guys, Steve "Lord of Dudes" Addazio is now available.

How ironic two frauds fired 3 days apart between Addazio and Rod Carey lol. Addazio does leave Colorado with 2 million bucks as his buyout lol.

CHIP72
December 2nd, 2021, 04:21 PM
How ironic two frauds fired 3 days apart between Addazio and Rod Carey lol. Addazio does leave Colorado with 2 million bucks as his buyout lol.

Maybe Georgia Tech will fire Geoff Collins in the next few days to make it three frauds fired.

katss07
December 2nd, 2021, 05:50 PM

....MAH KC BOBBLE.......JES' INCREASED TEN FOLD......AN' JES' ON RUMORS.............BRAWK!!

......ONE IS LISTED ON E-BAY....$99.99..............NOT FOOLIN'..........AWK!
Our current holder/backup WR owns one of those bad boys. Wish Sammy would release one.

gokat89
December 2nd, 2021, 06:13 PM
hens can have carty

I dont understand you Carty haters.

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2021, 06:21 PM
Our current holder/backup WR owns one of those bad boys. Wish Sammy would release one.

....WELL AH COOD SELL....BUT....AH'M HOLDIN'....... WHEN KC BRINGS DUH BLING....BACK TA NEW-ARK......DIS PLASTERED...LITTLE DEVIL.....GONNA BE WORFF...UH BARREL UH CRYPTO...xcoolx..BRAWK!

katss07
December 2nd, 2021, 07:08 PM
I dont understand you Carty haters.
Ryan Carty is a dumb**** and shouldn’t be allowed to call plays. Hope this helps!

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 07:26 PM
Ryan Carty is a dumb**** and shouldn’t be allowed to call plays. Hope this helps!

why?

katss07
December 2nd, 2021, 07:50 PM
why?
He’s not a good playcaller. Calling him a dumb**** was harsh, yeah. I’m sure he’s a good guy. But he’s not a smart playcaller and I guarantee you that isn’t an uncommon opinion within Sam’s base.

Dude’s poorly drawn up trick plays have about got Schmid killed a few times this year. The offense lacks rhythm most of the time. Very questionable decision making, passing on obvious running downs, trotting out backup QBs for weird wildcat plays that nobody is fooled by, the use of the swinging gate. It’s progressively been better as the season has gone on, but he about lost us the SFA game.

And let’s not give him too much credit for last year. He was better, yes, but he lost us some games in 2018 and 2019 with some inexcusable mistakes. Ahem *UND games*

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2021, 07:55 PM
....TRICK PLAYS...ARE UH TREAT...IFIN' DUH TRICK'S.....NOT ON YOU....AWK!

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 08:08 PM
He’s not a good playcaller. Calling him a dumb**** was harsh, yeah. I’m sure he’s a good guy. But he’s not a smart playcaller and I guarantee you that isn’t an uncommon opinion within Sam’s base.

Dude’s poorly drawn up trick plays have about got Schmid killed a few times this year. The offense lacks rhythm most of the time. Very questionable decision making, passing on obvious running downs, trotting out backup QBs for weird wildcat plays that nobody is fooled by, the use of the swinging gate. It’s progressively been better as the season has gone on, but he about lost us the SFA game.

And let’s not give him too much credit for last year. He was better, yes, but he lost us some games in 2018 and 2019 with some inexcusable mistakes. Ahem *UND games*

When you have enough talent, even I could coach

Ezzard bailed you guys out in the spring but his bucket might of been lost overboard in the Sea of Northern Arizona

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2021, 09:25 PM

......HE WAS NAMED..."OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OF THE YEAR"...2020......PER WIKI........xnodx........AWK!

katss07
December 2nd, 2021, 09:42 PM
......HE WAS NAMED..."OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OF THE YEAR"...2020......PER WIKI........xnodx........AWK!
Indeed he was. Put a headset on one of your eggs, give them Schmid, Ezzard, Jefferson, Smith, Adeyi, Chrest and an O-Line laden with Big 12 transfers and chances are they’d win FCS COTY too.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2021, 09:48 PM
Indeed he was. Put a headset on one of your eggs, give them Schmid, Ezzard, Jefferson, Smith, Adeyi, Chrest and an O-Line laden with Big 12 transfers and chances are they’d win FCS COTY too.

It’s about Jimmy’s and Joe’s more than Xs and Os

Nickels
December 2nd, 2021, 10:45 PM

100% agree.

https://twitter.com/CoachKCKeeler/status/1466621771470180356

CHIP72
December 2nd, 2021, 10:57 PM
100% agree.

https://twitter.com/CoachKCKeeler/status/1466621771470180356

What was it that Brian Kelly said less than two weeks ago about never leaving Notre Dame unless a fairy godmother came along?

Now that doesn't mean Keeler WILL leave Sam Houston State. (Side note: I hate calling that school "Sam Houston", so I will continue to call them Sam Houston State.) But college football head coaches deny rumors they are leaving and then a few days later they DO leave pretty often.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 04:27 AM
What was it that Brian Kelly said less than two weeks ago about never leaving Notre Dame unless a fairy godmother came along?

Now that doesn't mean Keeler WILL leave Sam Houston State. (Side note: I hate calling that school "Sam Houston", so I will continue to call them Sam Houston State.) But college football head coaches deny rumors they are leaving and then a few days later they DO leave pretty often.

He didn't say he was not leaving, just said have not and will not be interviewing for UD job.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 04:39 AM

next man up

CHIP72
December 3rd, 2021, 06:34 AM
He didn't say he was not leaving, just said have not and will not be interviewing for UD job.

I thought something similar. I’m guessing many of the key people at Delaware know Keeler well enough that they may be willing to hire him without interviewing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhioHen
December 3rd, 2021, 06:40 AM
Not unlike the famous George Bush campaign quote "Read my lips. No new taxes."

After elected, he didn't create any new taxes. He just increased existing taxes and was pilloried for breaking his campaign promise (which he did not do).

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2021, 06:42 AM
Not unlike the famous George Bush campaign quote "Read my lips. No new taxes."

After elected, he didn't create any new taxes. He just increased existing taxes and was pilloried for breaking his campaign promise (which he did not do).

Or that Roe was "settled precedent"...who said that at confirmation?

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 06:59 AM
I thought something similar. I’m guessing many of the key people at Delaware know Keeler well enough that they may be willing to hire him without interviewing him.

that thought crossed my mind as well

he needed to say something, he’s trying to win another one

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2021, 08:06 AM

.......WELL.....TRES...IN DUH JOURNAL.........TA-DAY.....STOPS SHORT...UH SENDIN'....UH MAYFLOWER...TA GO GET 'EM........"AT SOME POINT....KEELER WILL LIKELY ACCEPT AN OPPORTUNITY....TO RETURN TO....THE SCHOOL HE LOVES....IN THE AREA HE STILL CONSIDERS HOME"..........BRAWK!

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2021, 08:09 AM
I don't care what he says or how he says it. I have a gut feeling that he is gone to UD after this season.

katss07
December 3rd, 2021, 08:50 AM
I kind of had the same feeling he’d be in Newark next season no matter what, but Keeler has been loyal throughout so I’ll take his word. I’m sure Delaware has already moved on to the other SHSU coach they want to interview, if the interview hasn’t already taken place.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 09:08 AM
If not KC

Mike Adams 18 year NFL veteran

Chesney is interesting as well, but everyone would say who?

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2021, 09:12 AM
If not KC

...DON'T WANT NO....GUITAR PLUCKIN'.......SCRAWNY BI-CEPTED.....HILLBILLY......ER......UMMM............ ...................NEVERAH MIND....xembarrassedx....BUK BUK BUK....BAWK!

katss07
December 3rd, 2021, 09:27 AM
KC “hopes it gives you Hens fans solace to know that he’s with good people” :D

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2021, 09:57 AM
https://twitter.com/coachkckeeler/status/1466621771470180356?s=21

CHIP72
December 3rd, 2021, 11:24 AM
If not KC

They'd be saying that even more 45 miles to the northeast should that come to pass, and not just because a team nicknamed the Owls would be involved.

CHIP72
December 3rd, 2021, 11:26 AM
...DON'T WANT NO....GUITAR PLUCKIN'.......SCRAWNY BI-CEPTED.....HILLBILLY......ER......UMMM............ ...................NEVERAH MIND....xembarrassedx....BUK BUK BUK....BAWK!

...YEAH...HE MIGHT WANT...TO EAT...CHICKEN...FOR SUPPER...BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 12:21 PM
They'd be saying that even more 45 miles to the northeast should that come to pass, and not just because a team nicknamed the Owls would be involved.

I would bet the Owls are very involved in this situation

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 11:11 PM
KT is reporting all indications Ryan Carty is next coach at Delaware

gokat89
December 4th, 2021, 06:37 AM

um ok... Sam Houston FCS offensive rankings.....

#5 total offense
#3 scoring offense
#7 rushing offense

And to say "anyone could coach this offense to a national title" is ridiculous.

MR. CHICKEN
December 4th, 2021, 07:04 AM
KT is reporting all indications Ryan Carty is next coach at Delaware

.....IS TRESOLINI.....USIN'....CARIB'S DART BOARD...????...........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 07:30 AM
.....IS TRESOLINI.....USIN'....CARIB'S DART BOARD...????...........BRAWK!

No

All my darts landed in Philly last night, I want Chesney!

KT using Twitter

CHIP72
December 4th, 2021, 08:14 AM
No

All my darts landed in Philly last night, I want Chesney!

KT using Twitter

They actually landed 17-18 miles WNW of Philadelphia (Center City). [emoji6]

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 08:40 AM
They actually landed 17-18 miles WNW of Philadelphia (Center City). [emoji6]

ok, but still to close for comfort

crusader11
December 4th, 2021, 08:47 AM
What does the UD job pay?

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 08:51 AM
What does the UD job pay?

Rocco was reportedly the highest paid coach in FCS at over 500k

crusader11
December 4th, 2021, 08:54 AM
Rocco was reportedly the highest paid coach in FCS at over 500k

I would have guessed the highest paid FCS coach is more than half a mil.

I think Al Bagnoli is getting more than that at Columbia.

FUBeAR
December 4th, 2021, 10:08 AM
I would have guessed the highest paid FCS coach is more than half a mil.

I think Al Bagnoli is getting more than that at Columbia.
No need to speculate…

Daniel Rocco
Head Football Coach

BASE = 544,531
OTHER = 43,667

TOTAL = $588,198

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/516000297/202101349349307560/full

Bagnoli not listed in Columbia’s filing - lowest base listed is about $460k

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/135598093/202141379349300639/full (https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/135598093/202141379349300639/full)

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Bring back Brock! xpeacex

KPSUL
December 4th, 2021, 10:42 AM
At Delaware, a new Head Coach should be more concerned about the severance package than the base pay.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 11:03 AM
At Delaware, a new Head Coach should be more concerned about the severance package than the base pay.

Ryan Carty is the guy according to KT

Not sure what to think about him just yet but you probably have some thoughts

KPSUL
December 4th, 2021, 07:44 PM
Ryan Carty is the guy according to KT

Not sure what to think about him just yet but you probably have some thoughts

For a guy who has been quite successful as an OC at his last two teams, he has garnered a lot of criticism at both places. But UNH went downhill pretty quickly after his departure, and SHSU rose to a National Championship after his arrival. I think OCs can be a lightening rod for criticism, deservedly or not. I think Carty was UNH OC from 2013 thru 2016. During his tenure UNH made the playoff each year with a 4 year playoff record of 6-4, including two semi-finals appearances.

Bottom line, he's produced results at both schools, and seems to be ready to be a head coach. Whether he makes it at Delaware and satisfies the very patient and understanding Blue Hens faithful remains anyone's guess.

MR. CHICKEN
December 5th, 2021, 08:01 AM

.....AS DUH STOMACH [email protected] OUT.....KEELER'S LOVE FO' KATS........WAS ENHANCED......WHEN......AS BEAT WRITER TRESOLINI......HAS UNCOVERED......"ANY INTEREST DELAWARE......HAD IN PURSUING KEELER.....WAS VETOED BY UD HIGHER UPS..........DELAWARE ONLINE/THE NEWS JOURNAL HAS LEARNED".....AN' AS CARIB...HAS MENTIONED.....CARTY IS DUH FOCUS.....WHIFF ANNOUNCEMENT POSSIBLY TA-MARRAH........WHOA NELLY/WOE IS ME......xcoolxxchinscratchx.......BRAWK!

ps.......QB NOLAN HENDERSON.....WR TYRICK PITTS........LB JOHNNY BUCHANAN.........NOW JOIN....LB COLBY REEDER.........IN DUH PORTAL......xwavex......AWK!

KPSUL
December 5th, 2021, 08:13 AM

.....AS DUH STOMACH [email protected] OUT.....KEELER'S LOVE FO' KATS........WAS ENHANCED......WHEN......AS BEAT WRITER TRESOLINI......HAS UNCOVERED......"ANY INTEREST DELAWARE......HAD IN PURSUING KEELER.....WAS VETOED BY UD HIGHER UPS..........DELAWARE ONLINE/THE NEWS JOURNAL HAS LEARNED".....AN' AS CARIB...HAS MENTIONED.....CARTY IS DUH FOCUS.....WHIFF ANNOUNCEMENT POSSIBLY TA-MARRAH........WHOA NELLY/WOE IS ME......xcoolxxchinscratchx.......BRAWK!

ps.......QB NOLAN HENDERSON.....WR TYRICK PITTS........LB JOHNNY BUCHANAN.........NOW JOIN....LB COLBY REEDER.........IN DUH PORTAL......xwavex......AWK!

While I think Carty has earned a shot at a Head Coach job somewhere, I'm not sure I get trading a proven winner FCS HC like Rip Van Rocco (great nick-name by the way) for an unproven guy.

The Delaware Administration is crazy if they pay Carty anywhere near $500K.

MR. CHICKEN
December 5th, 2021, 08:17 AM
...WHELP........WHOM EVERAH....GETS DUH JOB.......IS GONNAH....FACE UH MASSIVE REBUILD......LOOKS LIKE...COUPLE MO' YEARS.....UH POTTY TRAININ'......B/4....WE GIVE 'NOVA UH SCARE......AWK!

......IFIN' AH WAS CARTY....AH'D HANG WHIFF KC...COUPLE MO' SEASONS.....AN' WAIT FO' DUH BIGS TA COME...CALLIN'.......LIKE I-WORD'S...OC...........BRAWK!

Daytripper
December 5th, 2021, 08:44 AM
...WHELP........WHOM EVERAH....GETS DUH JOB.......IS GONNAH....FACE UH MASSIVE REBUILD......LOOKS LIKE...COUPLE MO' YEARS.....UH POTTY TRAININ'......B/4....WE GIVE 'NOVA UH SCARE......AWK!

......IFIN' AH WAS CARTY....AH'D HANG WHIFF KC...COUPLE MO' SEASONS.....AN' WAIT FO' DUH BIGS TA COME...CALLIN'.......LIKE I-WORD'S...OC...........BRAWK!

You are right. Phil Longo parlayed his OC position at Sam into a 7 figure FBS OC job.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2021, 08:48 AM
For a guy who has been quite successful as an OC at his last two teams, he has garnered a lot of criticism at both places. But UNH went downhill pretty quickly after his departure, and SHSU rose to a National Championship after his arrival. I think OCs can be a lightening rod for criticism, deservedly or not. I think Carty was UNH OC from 2013 thru 2016. During his tenure UNH made the playoff each year with a 4 year playoff record of 6-4, including two semi-finals appearances.

Bottom line, he's produced results at both schools, and seems to be ready to be a head coach. Whether he makes it at Delaware and satisfies the very patient and understanding Blue Hens faithful remains anyone's guess.

Hen fans have been tossing his name out there for some time but personally, I’m not excited.

Mr Chicken said rebuild and Couldn’t agree more

gonna take some time

One of the criteria was someone with roots in the henhouse

Carty was a Hen, and knows about Hen culture and traditions

Rip Van Rocco didn’t t seem to care about any of that

I would guess at this point KC has to high a profile for the Board’s liking, while Rookie head coach is controllable

My pick was Chesney

MR. CHICKEN
December 5th, 2021, 09:05 AM
.....YEAH.....UD...HONCHOS.......WOOD CONSTANTLY....BE REMINDED...UH KC's FIRIN'.......BAWK!!

....IFIN'....AH WAS CARTY...TURN DOWN...UD... ..COOD BE IN DUH FBS WHIRL....WHIFF SAM'S...MOVE UP.....KC GETS 20 MO' SKOLLIES......FROM UN-HAPPY TEXANS.......HE...COOD CHALLENGE....BAYLOR's....A&M's...etal......RYAN'S FUTURE......WOOD BE UNICORNS/RAINBOWS/DUCATS........HE'D BE BEHIND DUH 8-BALL.....COUPLE SEASONS....FO' HENS CLICK AGAIN.....AWK!

Bill
December 5th, 2021, 11:03 AM
.....YEAH.....UD...HONCHOS.......WOOD CONSTANTLY....BE REMINDED...UH KC's FIRIN'.......BAWK!!

....IFIN'....AH WAS CARTY...TURN DOWN...UD... ..COOD BE IN DUH FBS WHIRL....WHIFF SAM'S...MOVE UP.....KC GETS 20 MO' SKOLLIES......FROM UN-HAPPY TEXANS.......HE...COOD CHALLENGE....BAYLOR's....A&M's...etal......RYAN'S FUTURE......WOOD BE UNICORNS/RAINBOWS/DUCATS........HE'D BE BEHIND DUH 8-BALL.....COUPLE SEASONS....FO' HENS CLICK AGAIN.....AWK!

I love playing out the Foghorn Leghorn in my head reading these...and trying to replicate "et al." in my head in that voice has been a lot of fun !xthumbsupx

Sader87
December 6th, 2021, 12:13 PM
There are whispahhs out there that HC's Chesney was spotted in Delaware this weekend....

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2021, 12:16 PM
There are whispahhs out there that HC's Chesney was spotted in Delaware this weekend....

he was definitely in the Philly Metro Friday night, not sure what there is not to like about him

ScrappytheOwl
December 6th, 2021, 01:15 PM
This is off subject but what is the fighting blue hens thoughts on johnny buchannon? Ksu is recruiting him as a transfer. He looks like a good player from very little that I have seen of him.

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2021, 01:20 PM
This is off subject but what is the fighting blue hens thoughts on johnny buchannon? Ksu is recruiting him as a transfer. He looks like a good player from very little that I have seen of him.

he is good but I wouldn’t call him great, very physical and heads up player

crusader11
December 6th, 2021, 01:25 PM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. Chesney would have had a great "story" to tell during an interview over the weekend with UD.

He's an incredibly personably and savvy guy. Probably would be clearing seven figures in tech sales if he wanted to get out of coaching.

Daytripper
December 6th, 2021, 01:30 PM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. Chesney would have had a great "story" to tell during an interview over the weekend with UD.

He's an incredibly personably and savvy guy. Probably would be clearing seven figures in tech sales if he wanted to get out of coaching.

I wonder if Carty playing again this week cost him the job? If UD does hire Chesney, I wonder if Holy Cross might look at Carty.

Libertine
December 6th, 2021, 02:52 PM
The Delaware News Journal says it's going to be Carty.

​https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/2021/12/04/ex-blue-hen-carty-emerges-favorite-delaware-football-coach-job/8869090002/

crusader11
December 6th, 2021, 03:25 PM
That article is from Saturday, so things may have changed since then.

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2021, 07:27 PM
That article is from Saturday, so things may have changed since then.

definitely!

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2021, 09:45 PM

....2nd TEAM ALL-CAA LB........BRAWK!

ngineer
December 7th, 2021, 07:42 PM
Carty certainly makes sense. A Keeler disciple and a Hen, too boot.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2021, 09:37 PM
Carty certainly makes sense. A Keeler disciple and a Hen, too boot.

Well they didn’t want Keeler because they would be constantly reminded they bought out his contract only to bring him back 9 years later and then they hire Keeler lite

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2021, 06:48 AM
Well it’s official

Ryan Carty is the new head Coach at Delaware

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2021, 07:43 AM
.....UD...AD....CHRISSI RAWAK'S.....E-MAIL...TA SEASON TICKETERS.....STATES.....CARTY WILL BE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED.....MONDAY 13th.....11AM.........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
December 11th, 2021, 07:10 AM
.......TA-DAYS....NEWS JOURNAL/TRESOLINI (BEAT MAN).....POINTS OUT.....DUH GLOWIN' EXPERIENCE....CARTY HAS ACCUMULATED....AS COACH WHIFF NEW HAMPSHIRE...CHIP KELLY/COACH MAC.......AN' SAM HOUSTON STATE SUCCESS......BUT FAILED TA MENTION.....HE SERVED UNDER KC KEELER....AN' KEELER WAS OVER WHELMIN' CHOICE...BAH FANS/AD ??........WAS VETOED.....BAH UD....BIGGIES....BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
December 11th, 2021, 08:10 AM
You could do worse than Ryan Carty……and not much better….xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
December 11th, 2021, 08:41 AM
...CARTY WILL BE FINE....WILL TAKE UH COUPLE YEARS...BUT POINT UH POST WAS.......ALL THINGS KEELER....DISAVOWED...BAH...UD BRASS.......AWK!

Gangtackle11
December 11th, 2021, 08:54 AM
My point was Carty was really the best the dirty filthy birds could hope for. Keeler was the Octogenarian Hens choice, but that wasn't happening.

Sammy going FBS means low 7 figures income (high 6 figures at a minimum) more than likely & his FBS transfer strategy is welcomed there.

My point was UD wasn’t getting anyone better than Carty. xpeacex

Pards Rule
December 11th, 2021, 09:44 AM
Congrats Hens! Ryan Carty new HC I see. Saw Hens VP of Development and Alumni Affairs Jim Dicker (1985 Lafayette grad married to 84er like me) at Lafayette-Lehigh game in November.

Libertine
December 11th, 2021, 06:45 PM
My point was Carty was really the best the dirty filthy birds could hope for. Keeler was the Octogenarian Hens choice, but that wasn't happening.

Sammy going FBS means low 7 figures income (high 6 figures at a minimum) more than likely & his FBS transfer strategy is welcomed there.

My point was UD wasn’t getting anyone better than Carty. xpeacex

Your larger point is spot on but the kind of salary numbers you're dropping here shouldn't be assumed, especially in the G5. Southern Miss was making less than $300K just last year, Coastal was right in the neighborhood of $500K when Chadwell took over and Hawaii is $760K right now -- which, taking into account Hawaii's sky-high cost of living translates into $500K pretty much anywhere else. Point being, Sam wasn't even close to paying Keeler seven figures as is -- openpayroll.com shows he's just under $400K -- and, barring some kind of extraordinary and exorbitant bonus clauses in his contract, there's no reason to assume that they will anytime soon. I think you're right in that there's a lot of reasons Keeler wasn't going back to UD but instant FBS riches probably wasn't one.

Gangtackle11
December 11th, 2021, 07:14 PM
Your larger point is spot on but the kind of salary numbers you're dropping here shouldn't be assumed, especially in the G5. Southern Miss was making less than $300K just last year, Coastal was right in the neighborhood of $500K when Chadwell took over and Hawaii is $760K right now -- which, taking into account Hawaii's sky-high cost of living translates into $500K pretty much anywhere else. Point being, Sam wasn't even close to paying Keeler seven figures as is -- openpayroll.com shows he's just under $400K -- and, barring some kind of extraordinary and exorbitant bonus clauses in his contract, there's no reason to assume that they will anytime soon. I think you're right in that there's a lot of reasons Keeler wasn't going back to UD but instant FBS riches probably wasn't one.

OK. I stand corrected.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2021, 10:42 PM
ESPN microphones just picked up a colorful goodbye from a SHSU fan to Carty. xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2021, 04:21 AM
ESPN microphones just picked up a colorful goodbye from a SHSU fan to Carty. xlolx

what did the fan say?

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2021, 04:23 AM
I'm glad I wasn't the only person that caught that. xlolx

what did the fan say?
Something along the lines of "Carty, hurry up and get your worthless ass to Delaware!"

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2021, 04:35 AM

Something along the lines of "Carty, hurry up and get your worthless ass to Delaware!"

funny

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2021, 08:53 AM

Yeah, there was definitely a Carty and an asshole in there somewhere. What I thought I heard was "Hey Carty, enjoy Delaware asshole". Happened right as the game was ending or right after it ended I believe.