PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 14 (2nd Round), Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
November 28th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Round 1 is in the books. Round 2 is below.

Incarnate Word (Southland) @ #1 Sam Houston (AQ7)

Southern Illinois (MVFC) @ #2 North Dakota State (MVFC) -

Southeastern Louisiana (Southland) @ #3 James Madison (CAA)

South Dakota State (MVFC) @ #4 Sac State (Big Sky)

Holy Cross (Patriot) @ #5 Villanova (CAA)

Eastern Washington (Big Sky) @ #6 Montana (Big Sky)

Kennesaw State (Big South) @ #7 East Tennessee State (SoCon)

Tennessee-Martin (OVC) @ #8 Montana State (Big Sky)

Chalupa Batman
November 28th, 2021, 02:31 PM
The rematch in the Big Sky is the easy pick for me. It's too bad ESPN2 won't pick up this game again since it's on Friday night.

dudeitsaid
November 28th, 2021, 09:59 PM
Several good games. I think the EWU/UM game is going to be huge, but am really interested in the SIU/NDSU. I think SDSU, JMU, and Nova all win handily, but the other three games should be good close games.

MTfan4life
November 28th, 2021, 11:33 PM
For me it's the battle between two teams that both didn't even have a football program as recently as 2014. They faced off and split in the first game of the 2015 and 2016 seasons. It's wild that just in the 7th season of the Kennesaw program and ETSU renewed program, they are playing each other for a chance to advance to the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs.

CHIP72
December 1st, 2021, 10:53 AM
I noticed there is one DI-AA/FCS game being played this week that isn't included in the poll...

Preferred Walk-On
December 1st, 2021, 11:31 AM
I noticed there is one DI-AA/FCS game being played this week that isn't included in the poll...

Yes, that is completely my fault, and if I could change the poll, I would. I based it off the playoff bracket, when I should have looked at games scheduled. That is no excuse, but it is why I missed it. I will make sure to include the game featuring the winner of the game you alluded to along with the FCS playoff semifinal games in a little over two weeks.

Preferred Walk-On
December 1st, 2021, 11:32 AM
For me it's the battle between two teams that both didn't even have a football program as recently as 2014. They faced off and split in the first game of the 2015 and 2016 seasons. It's wild that just in the 7th season of the Kennesaw program and ETSU renewed program, they are playing each other for a chance to advance to the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs.

I love a Big Sky battle of heavyweights; however, picked this game for the intrigue factor.

CHIP72
December 1st, 2021, 12:21 PM
Yes, that is completely my fault, and if I could change the poll, I would. I based it off the playoff bracket, when I should have looked at games scheduled. That is no excuse, but it is why I missed it. I will make sure to include the game featuring the winner of the game you alluded to along with the FCS playoff semifinal games in a little over two weeks.

ESPN has various negatives that many people have discussed over the last 20-30 years. But one thing ESPN, or more accurately ESPN.com, DOES do is have an accurate DI-AA/FCS schedule listed on its website. Though I have no real interest in the SWAC, I do like seeing all of the games, including those not formally part of the playoffs (i.e. Prairie View A&M/Jackson State in this week's case), when I look at the schedule.

I just wish ESPN.com was as good with D2 and D3 games, and recognized NAIA football exists (even though I don't follow NAIA football because there have never been any NAIA teams near where I've lived at given times). There are non-playoff "bowl" games in D2 and especially D3 after the season ends that ESPN never acknowledges.