PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: Say Hello to My Little FCS

CSN-info
September 6th, 2007, 08:05 AM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/writers/burton/2007/sayhello.jpg

The CSN Way: Say Hello to My Little FCS
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

Hard to believe, but there actually is a week of college football to be played this week – the season won’t be ending due to Appalachian State’s victory. And that means that we have an interesting slate of games – and a very, very large red flag for FCS teams as many will be greeting sub Division I teams or non-scholarship teams to their houses for their “tune-up” games.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=87225

fuEMO
September 6th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Interesting reason for picking Hofstra to beat Furman. They may do it, but I'm not sure I would give the defensive edge to Hofstra. Furman returns 8 starters and 22 defensive lettermen, plus added speed from freshmen Max Lerner and Channing Welch. Should be an entertaining game.

Ronbo
September 6th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I agree with Chuck. Our opponent is coming off back to back 7-4 seasons and barely lost to Chadron State. It's going to be a tough test, I'll be happy to just get out of W/G with a W.

grizbeer
September 6th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I agree with Chuck. Our opponent is coming off back to back 7-4 seasons and barely lost to Chadron State. It's going to be a tough test, I'll be happy to just get out of W/G with a W.I agree, should be the game of the week. If Montana can squeak out a win in this tough challenge I hope it will lead to some national recognition for a pretty decent Montana program.

ForShizzleGrizzle
September 6th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo
I agree with Chuck. Our opponent is coming off back to back 7-4 seasons and barely lost to Chadron State. It's going to be a tough test, I'll be happy to just get out of W/G with a W.

I agree, should be the game of the week. If Montana can squeak out a win in this tough challenge I hope it will lead to some national recognition for a pretty decent Montana program.

I could not agree more guys. I have noticed that a ton of Griz fans are not even going to make the long road trip for this game as they are not willing to pay out all that money to watch a struggling Montana squad against this powerhouse advesary. I however am hoping for a win as well. Cross your fingers boys.

placidlakegriz
September 6th, 2007, 09:44 AM
I am going to the game and will be surprised if we can win this one.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 6th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Note to Griz fans: I love the respect you're giving my prediction, but a word to the wise: Appalachian State fans last week gave me serious h*ll for my pick last week, and look what happened there. xrotatehx

Ronbo
September 6th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Then that does it! If Iowa State wins it will be a huge upset for the FBS Division!

Ronbo
September 6th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Note to Griz fans: I love the respect you're giving my prediction, but a word to the wise: Appalachian State fans last week gave me serious h*ll for my pick last week, and look what happened there. xrotatehx

I know it's like you have a hotline to the "Psychic Friends Network". Kudos, I just hope we can pull off your bold prediction for us. I'm not too confident though, we look pretty shakey at this point.

ForShizzleGrizzle
September 6th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Every year some blow hard predicts the fall of Montana. You know that one of these years they will be right because it will happen sometime and they will say I told you so. The only thing they won't tell you is "I told you so for the past 25 years and it finally came true."

Col Hogan
September 6th, 2007, 11:10 AM

I agree, should be the game of the week. If Montana can squeak out a win in this tough challenge I hope it will lead to some national recognition for a pretty decent Montana program.

I could not agree more guys. I have noticed that a ton of Griz fans are not even going to make the long road trip for this game as they are not willing to pay out all that money to watch a struggling Montana squad against this powerhouse advesary. I however am hoping for a win as well. Cross your fingers boys.

I am going to the game and will be surprised if we can win this one.

Man, is it getting deep in here...xlolx xlolx xlolx

TheValleyRaider
September 6th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Man, is it getting deep in here...xlolx xlolx xlolx

http://www.mrmodels.co.nz/New_Uploads_11_04/406_Italeri_Sand_bags.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Ghastly Griz 35, “Dixie Rotary Bowl Champions” 34

How can we possibly hold these guys to 34 points? They would score that many on us if we were playing their female soccer team. Secondly, unless we get Dave Dickenson back, I don't know how we are going to put up 35 on them.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 6th, 2007, 01:06 PM
BTW, I never predicted the end of Montana, I just predicted that Fort Lewis would give them a run. xrotatehx

I think I'm in a no-lose situation here. xrotatehx

Hells Bells
September 6th, 2007, 01:52 PM
everybody look out for ft. lewis....

D2 title here they come!!xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 6th, 2007, 01:54 PM
everybody look out for ft. lewis....

D2 title here they come!!xthumbsupx

Don't forget: "Dixie Rotary Bowl Champions" too. Really. xnodx

Hells Bells
September 6th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Don't forget: "Dixie Rotary Bowl Champions" too. Really. xnodx
yup they are good

they will be able to give app a run for their money this year...armani edwards watch out!

windwalker
September 6th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Not so sure about the CCU - WSSU pick...
they aren't that bad, and we sure aren't that good...

FCSFAN
September 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM
nice and tasty:

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Love the pic: It should say on it as well:

"Seasoned with the Colonel's 12 different herbs & spices"

OL FU
September 7th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Interesting reason for picking Hofstra to beat Furman. They may do it, but I'm not sure I would give the defensive edge to Hofstra. Furman returns 8 starters and 22 defensive lettermen, plus added speed from freshmen Max Lerner and Channing Welch. Should be an entertaining game.

I really think it will come down to turnovers( the usual) and whether we can pass. I would be surprised if HU doesn't play the run and dare us to pass. If we can pass successfully we win.

On the other hand if the score is high (in the upper 20's and low 30's like predicted), we win unless it is an overtime game.

ForShizzleGrizzle
September 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Boy, I was looking hard at this game for the upset. Ultimately, though, I think Montana will win this game after they get a “Hey, Champ, better take a look at these guys” moment early in the game.
Ghastly Griz 35, “Dixie Rotary Bowl Champions” 34

Good Call!!xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Got the winner right xrotatehx

ForShizzleGrizzle
September 11th, 2007, 10:52 AM
That was really going out on a limb wasn't it.