PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Playoffs Round 2: Kennesaw State @ #7 East Tennessee State

Pages : [1] 2 3

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Game kicks off at 2PM ET on Saturday 12/4. I expect this to be a pretty tame game thread... maybe 50 posts by kickoff. ;)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51711373084_9ef3356ef7_z.jpg

ksu_owls
November 27th, 2021, 04:02 PM
Game kicks off at 2PM ET on Saturday 12/4. I expect this to be a pretty tame game thread... maybe 50 posts by kickoff. ;)

I'll update this post with the stats breakdown and national ranks when they're updated tomorrow.
Just booked my flight to North Dakota. Had to make sure we got past Davidson first.

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 04:02 PM
They'll be 50 posts by the end of the day. As soon as Hooty gets to his keyboard.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2021, 04:04 PM
Just booked my flight to North Dakota. Had to make sure we got past Davidson first.
Hope they're refundable.

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 04:06 PM

You were more worried about the team that lost to Dayton then the team that crushed Vandy? Yes I know Vandy is a bad SEC team but it was still very impressive how they did it.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2021, 04:07 PM
Stoked for this one! I believe both teams are capable of giving NDSU a headache. I took ETSU in a shootout in the pick'em....

ksu_owls
November 27th, 2021, 04:09 PM
Hope they're refundable.
Hey ETSU fans, JSUsoutherner will be making random posts throughout this thread. He’s really bored not having a team that matters. He’s a protagonist, which is a word he will have to Google.

ksu_owls
November 27th, 2021, 04:12 PM
Hey ETSU fans, JSUsoutherner will be making random posts throughout this thread. He’s really bored not having a team that matters. He’s a protagonist, which is a word he will have to Google.
I’m going to shut up now I meant antagonist 🤦🏻*♂️

Off to a great start!

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2021, 04:18 PM
I’m going to shut up now I meant antagonist 臘*♂️

Off to a great start!
Kennesaw education serving you well I see.

ETSUfan1
November 27th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Excited to hear why we’re actually really not that good! That has been fun the entire year up to this point. Should be a great game.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2021, 04:24 PM
Excited to hear why we’re actually really not that good! That has been fun the entire year up to this point. Should be a great game.
I'd prefer if you guys would go ahead and not be embarrassing so I don't have to buy a plane ticket to Fargo.

Reign of Terrier
November 27th, 2021, 04:29 PM
Please ETSU. Please.

KsawOwls
November 27th, 2021, 04:39 PM
Kennesaw by 3 scores could be a 56-16 repeat of 2015

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 04:50 PM

Not even close. If you really think that you have obviously not seen ETSU lately.

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 05:04 PM
Please ETSU. Please.

Oh no, I want Kennesaw to win just for the thread that would ensue with Hooty and the gang going back and forth with the Bison faithful.

ksu_owls
November 27th, 2021, 05:10 PM
That’s Hooty’s little brother we believe.

I haven’t seen any ETSU games this year. Is there one you’d suggest watching to get a feel for who we’re playing?

Owls have played up for the “big” games (lol) but our lack of consistency has bothered me all season. As uninformed as this is, I haven’t seen a SoCon team more athletic than us, but I’m sure ETSU could be those guys.

Where does ETSU stand in terms of your last few SoCon champs? What makes them the best/like another?

I’ve said since selection Sunday that this one should be close. But since we are technically further south our southern speed is faster (I’m kidding).

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 05:26 PM
That’s Hooty’s little brother we believe.

I haven’t seen any ETSU games this year. Is there one you’d suggest watching to get a feel for who we’re playing?

Owls have played up for the “big” games (lol) but our lack of consistency has bothered me all season. As uninformed as this is, I haven’t seen a SoCon team more athletic than us, but I’m sure ETSU could be those guys.

Where does ETSU stand in terms of your last few SoCon champs? What makes them the best/like another?

I’ve said since selection Sunday that this one should be close. But since we are technically further south our southern speed is faster (I’m kidding).

Well, they had 3 or 4 come from behind wins. I watched a few quarters of play as I was waiting for my games to start and I was impressed. Pick anyone. They got in a shoot out with Samford, which is something you never want to do. The man handled Vandy. They held off VMI nicely. Came back against Furman as time was expiring. They have really fought hard all year. Only came up short against Chatty who is probably as good as half the playoff field, just not as consistent as they needed to be. I'm pretty sure they led the SOCON is run defense.

ksu_owls
November 27th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Well, they had 3 or 4 come from behind wins. I watched a few quarters of play as I was waiting for my games to start and I was impressed. Pick anyone. They got in a shoot out with Samford, which is something you never want to do. The man handled Vandy. They held off VMI nicely. Came back against Furman as time was expiring. They have really fought hard all year. Only came up short against Chatty who is probably as good as half the playoff field, just not as consistent as they needed to be. I'm pretty sure they led the SOCON is run defense.

Our come from behind win was against Gardner Webb so we could easily get destroyed.

KsawOwls
November 27th, 2021, 05:41 PM
Owls will take care of the SoCon champ just like they have in the past, most overhyped conference in the nation.

KsawOwls
November 27th, 2021, 05:46 PM
Not even close. If you really think that you have obviously not seen ETSU lately.
I watched ETSU give up 35 to Mercer, easy 50+ for Ksaw

HootyHoo
November 27th, 2021, 05:46 PM
They'll be 50 posts by the end of the day. As soon as Hooty gets to his keyboard.

Hooty is in the house!
HELLLOOOOOOO SOUTHERN CONFERENCE!!!!
Are we ready for the annual tradition of the Owls ending whatever poor excuse for a football team wins your league by default?

ksu_owls
November 27th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Hooty is in the house!
HELLLOOOOOOO SOUTHERN CONFERENCE!!!!
Are we ready for the annual tradition of the Owls ending whatever poor excuse for a football team wins your league by default?

He’s got a good point…. ETSU is going to need to be a lot better than your last few trophy winners

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 06:30 PM
Does Hooty have burner accounts here?

ksu_owls
November 27th, 2021, 07:07 PM
How mad do you think Mercer is after watching teams like UNI and Davidson today lol

Bison56
November 27th, 2021, 07:09 PM
KSU is the new JSU.xcoffeex

HootyHoo
November 27th, 2021, 07:14 PM

KSU is the new Georgia Southern.

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 07:23 PM
How mad do you think Mercer is after watching teams like UNI and Davidson today lol

Not at all. Why would they? Davidson earned their auto bid as they should have. I would be pissed at watching the SELA/Florida A&M or the SDSU/UC Davis game though since A&M and Davis were at larges. UNI didn't look great, but they didn't get taken to the wood shed.

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 07:24 PM

Hah, maybe in your dreams. Nooo.

HootyHoo
November 27th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Not at all. Why would they? Davidson earned their auto bid as they should have. I would be pissed at watching the SELA/Florida A&M or the SDSU/UC Davis game though since A&M and Davis were at larges. UNI didn't look great, but they didn't get taken to the wood shed.

Agreed, if I was a Mercer fan. I’d be the angriest about Florida A&M. But let’s be real, Mercer only played 10 games. They did not have 7 FCS wins. They deserved to miss the playoffs. As per usual.

HootyHoo
November 27th, 2021, 07:29 PM
Hah, maybe in your dreams. Nooo.

Search your feelings you know it to be true. It is why the SOCON denied KSU membership. You did not want to unleash another FCS Southern Superpower.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2021, 07:32 PM

This.

JacksFan40
November 27th, 2021, 07:33 PM
I also watched Florida give up 52 to Samford. One game means nothing.

HootyHoo
November 27th, 2021, 07:35 PM
This.

You do realize we knocked you out of the Playoffs when you were a 3 seed and we were in our first ever playoff game?

Houndawg
November 27th, 2021, 07:42 PM

Only team that held EWU under 20 pts all year I think

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 07:44 PM
Agreed, if I was a Mercer fan. I’d be the angriest about Florida A&M. But let’s be real, Mercer only played 10 games. They did not have 7 FCS wins. They deserved to miss the playoffs. As per usual.

I agree, but you said who would they be pissed at. LOL. There are a lot of teams in certain conferences riding coat tails.

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 07:46 PM

I saw KSU give up 25 to Reinhardt. Easy 60+ for ETSU.

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 07:47 PM
Only team that held EWU under 20 pts all year I think

Yeah their D looked ok. Too bad their O sucked.

kdinva
November 27th, 2021, 07:54 PM
How mad do you think Mercer is after watching teams like UNI today lol

FIFY.........

Bison56
November 27th, 2021, 07:56 PM
FIFY.........

Mercer would have given up 50 to EW.

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Mercer would have given up 50 to EW.

Hah, no.

HootyHoo
November 27th, 2021, 08:01 PM
Hooty just realized that KSU is the unwanted love child of Appalachian State and Georgia Southern. The black and gold of the Mountaineers, the triple option of Georgia Southern…How did we miss this? Hooty’s mind is blown.

Bison56
November 27th, 2021, 08:09 PM
Mercer should be mad Florida A&M got in.

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 08:18 PM
Mercer should be mad Florida A&M got in.

Yes. SELA is having it's way with them. A&M had 98 yards of O in first half...and SELAs defense is not exactly sterling. Massey had SELA's D at #80 in FCS. Geez.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2021, 08:21 PM
ETSU by 5 touchdowns...xnodx

Daytripper
November 27th, 2021, 08:23 PM
Yes. SELA is having it's way with them. A&M had 98 yards of O in first half...and SELAs defense is not exactly sterling. Massey had SELA's D at #80 in FCS. Geez.

Those vaunted FAMU defense's statistics were compiled in the SWAC...and their offense was never all that.

Reign of Terrier
November 27th, 2021, 08:25 PM
Folks: I hate to break it to you but you're going to have a hard time trolling ETSU fans. As modern posters, they're on Twitter not AGS

Bison56
November 27th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Folks: I hate to break it to you but you're going to have a hard time trolling ETSU fans. As modern posters, they're on Twitter not AGS
Fancy lads.

ElCid
November 27th, 2021, 08:30 PM

They will have to live with that misguided decision.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2021, 08:34 PM

Let them live where intelligence is optional.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Oh no, I want Kennesaw to win just for the thread that would ensue with Hooty and the gang going back and forth with the Bison faithful.

It’s a win-win

Kennesaw wins Hooty runs his mouth

Kennesaw loses Hooty shuts his mouth

Reign of Terrier
November 27th, 2021, 08:39 PM
ETSU folks are good people though, I will say that. Great sense of humor and they love their team xlolx

Chalupa Batman
November 27th, 2021, 10:25 PM

If you mean the Owls are irrelevant in the current FCS landscape, than yes you are correct.

See above

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2021, 11:31 PM
Hooty just realized that KSU is the unwanted love child of Appalachian State and Georgia Southern.Toothless, meth addicted redneck idiots with little to no command of the English language?

OK…if you say so. FUBeAR had thought more highly of the owlets.

He didn’t think they were meth-heads, but he will defer to your insiders knowledge on the subject.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 28th, 2021, 12:09 AM

You're kidding, right? ETSU came a long way from 2015. When Carl Torbush retired in 2017, Randy Sanders took over. His success since he got here is well documented. We have proven players on our team and I know we won't go down without a fight.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 28th, 2021, 12:41 AM
It’s a win-win

Kennesaw wins Hooty runs his mouth

Kennesaw loses Hooty shuts his mouth

Dear Hooty,

The Rock called. He said your football team should know its role and shut their mouths.

Signed,

ETSU fans everywhere

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2021, 01:13 AM
DAVIDSON -VS- KENNESAW ST.
DATE:11/27/2021
SITE:Kennesaw, Georgia
STADIUM:Fifth Third Bank Stadium
ATTENDANCE:2764

Atlanta Population

Kennesaw State University - Students

owlets continue to touch hearts & minds, far & wide

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 06:45 AM

Atlanta Population

but it was thanksgiving weekend and all the students were watching game on iphone.... lol

that is pathetic

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 07:05 AM
but it was thanksgiving weekend and all the students were watching game on iphone.... lol

that is pathetic

I watched from my house and I do not live far from the stadium. During the 1Q, when it was 0-20, I knew I made the right decision. This was basically our last big south game of the season.

I wish more people would show up, but what can I say? I didn’t.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 07:20 AM
I watched from my house and I do not live far from the stadium. During the 1Q, when it was 0-20, I knew I made the right decision. This was basically our last big south game of the season.

I wish more people would show up, but what can I say? I didn’t.

I kind of don’t blame you but just because football is a TV sport, but for a big event like this I would of been tempted to go

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 07:25 AM
I kind of don’t blame you but just because football is a TV sport, but for a big event like this I would of been tempted to go

If it wasn’t NBA season I would have went for the remote possibility of Steph showing up lol

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 07:42 AM
If it wasn’t NBA season I would have went for the remote possibility of Steph showing up lol

No Freeman, Albies or Fried?

The Cats
November 28th, 2021, 07:46 AM
ETSU by 14

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 08:03 AM
No Freeman, Albies or Fried?
Haha, they let us use their stadium once. That’s the only support we will ever get from them other than the occasional tweet.

MSUBobcat
November 28th, 2021, 10:19 AM

Atlanta Population

That is utterly pathetic. I don't give a **** if you thought it was going to be a blowout. It's a playoff game and you only put butts in 1/3 of the seats of a pretty small stadium? I hope everyone who didn't attend was saving their ducats to make the <300 mi trek to Johnson City. xrolleyesx

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2021, 10:23 AM
That is utterly pathetic. I don't give a **** if you thought it was going to be a blowout. It's a playoff game and you only put butts in 1/3 of the seats of a pretty small stadium? I hope everyone who didn't attend was saving their ducats to make the <300 mi trek to Johnson City. xrolleyesx

But it's hard for them because they're only in Atlanta and there's not enough people there or something because .01% of the metro went to the UGA/GT game.

ElCid
November 28th, 2021, 11:22 AM

New program, no established fan base yet, plan for student involvement is probably poor, Atlanta attraction competition, ESPN+, holiday..... Not surprising. Takes time to establish a healthy and broad fan base. There are not many grads out there who had football when they went to school there. And Joe six pack ain't going so thinking because they just outside Atlanta somehow translates into butts in seats is not realistic. Attendance is down everywhere. Moreso for recent start ups who have no depths of grads who had no football when they attended. Student involvement is critical to start building that deep long term fan base.

paward
November 28th, 2021, 11:30 AM
Kennesaw will be like the Braves……..getting hot at the right time.

BurialGround
November 28th, 2021, 12:18 PM
But it's hard for them because they're only in Atlanta and there's not enough people there or something because .01% of the metro went to the UGA/GT game.

Terrible logic. Cities like Atlanta and Miami have a difficult time pulling fans for sports games because there's so much you can do there on the weekend. It's called Hotlanta for a reason. We're not talking about Jacksonville, AL, where the only entertainment for 100 miles is small-time college football. GT has never been known for attendance either.

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 12:20 PM
To a very small population, FCS is amazing. To the majority of the United States, it’s just the guys who couldn’t make significant contributions at the FBS level so they settle and play a subdivision level that is weaker, slower, and often less entertaining. Yes, I know there are anomalies, but overall this is true.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the owls win from home with cheaper beer, controlled climate, and the ability to turn off the ESPN app and click to real tv to watch FBS football after we dismantled a pathetic team from a pathetic conference that should never have another auto bid.

We’ll continue to gain faithful followers and by the time our program is half the age of any of yours I’m sure we’ll no longer be talking about our attendance— most of us will be dead before we know if this is true or not, for some perspective.

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 12:24 PM
Terrible logic. Cities like Atlanta and Miami have a difficult time pulling fans for sports games because there's so much you can do there on the weekend. It's called Hotlanta for a reason. We're not talking about Jacksonville, AL, where the only entertainment for 100 miles is small-time college football. GT has never been known for attendance either.

Get ready for the “many of our fans travel from Atlanta to watch our games” haha. The people from Jacksonville, AL that ventured soOoOo far from home to Atlanta are not coming because they have a team worth watching, they’re coming because it’s tradition that was established over much more than 7 years. I’d rather have no fans show up and be an Owl than have 50,000 fans at every game and be anything close to whatever their program is attempting to be.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Haha, they let us use their stadium once. That’s the only support we will ever get from them other than the occasional tweet.

Why would the Atlanta Braves let you into that Cathedral of baseball?

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 12:32 PM
Why would the Atlanta Braves let you into that Cathedral of baseball?

Probably because they were the new neighbor in the county. It was a nice gesture! I don’t remember how much we had to pay to host the game, but obviously it wasn’t free.

Crazy that more than 2,000 fans showed up for that game. It’s almost like there’s thousands of fans that wish we had more competitive games to attend.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Probably because they were the new neighbor in the county. It was a nice gesture! I don’t remember how much we had to pay to host the game, but obviously it wasn’t free.

Crazy that more than 2,000 fans showed up for that game. It’s almost like there’s thousands of fans that wish we had more competitive games to attend.

I know what you mean, FCS fans have to wait til December until you play a good team

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 12:39 PM
I know what you mean, FCS fans have to wait til December until you play a good team
Usually, yes. We thought we improved our schedule this year but Wofford and JSU decided to be irrelevant. At least we got to host the mighty unscholarshiped wildcats of Davidson college.

CobbFC09
November 28th, 2021, 01:08 PM
Lots of Owl fans on here. Any of you going to the game? Just booked a hotel and am looking into tickets now.

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Lots of Owl fans on here. Any of you going to the game? Just booked a hotel and am looking into tickets now.

If we win I’m seriously considering going to Fargo. I don’t expect our first trip there to be fun, but the day we do win there I want to say I was at the first one.

But no, I don’t have any plans of driving to Tennessee. Am I a bad fan?? Dammit

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 01:19 PM
If SIU can beat NDSU I’ll be thrilled. Have a business trip to Chicago that following Monday. Free round trip flight, hotel, and rental car (although a 5 hour drive).

Of course we have to beat ETSU and it’s going to be a close game.

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2021, 01:25 PM
If we win I’m seriously considering going to Fargo. I don’t expect our first trip there to be fun, but the day we do win there I want to say I was at the first one.

But no, I don’t have any plans of driving to Tennessee. Am I a bad fan?? DammitYes…yes you are. Went up for the Mercer @ ETSU SoCon Championship Game. Beautiful drive, great facility, engaged students, loud crowd of alumni / locals. Great atmosphere for FCS Football.

It was the only SoCon Stadium FUBeAR had not previously visited. Had to check that box and was sure glad I did…despite the outcome of the final play.

I would imagine, on game day, ETSU’s environment (like Mercer’s & Furman’s) is everything that Kennesaw aspires to be, but is far, far, far from realizing. On 2nd thought…maybe you shouldn’t go. Envy can be a difficult emotion to process.

CobbFC09
November 28th, 2021, 01:30 PM

But no, I don’t have any plans of driving to Tennessee. Am I a bad fan?? Dammit
Definitely do it. I went to Huntsville, TX back in December 2017 for the Sam Houston State game and it was an incredible experience despite the Owls losing.

As for the ETSU game, come on out! I've not attended any regular season games this year despite just being 30 minutes away down in Atlanta. Come playoff time I'm down to travel just about anywhere to see the Owls play and to check out other cities in the U.S.

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 01:30 PM
Yes…yes you are. Went up for the Mercer @ ETSU SoCon Championship Game. Beautiful drive, great facility, engaged students, loud crowd of alumni / locals. Great atmosphere for FCS Football.

It was the only SoCon Stadium FUBeAR had not previously visited. Had to check that box and was sure glad I did…despite the outcome of the final play.

I would imagine, on game day, ETSU’s environment is everything that Kennesaw aspires to be, but is far, far, far from realizing. On 2nd thought…maybe you shouldn’t go. Envy can be a difficult emotion to process.
Ah, so I’m a smart fan not a bad one ;)

I’m sure they are doing it right. I’m also sure they want to avenge their conference from the grip of the Owls as well. Every team secretly, or maybe openly, wants to be the one to put an end to the Owls season. Not sure ETSU has what it takes but they will be the best FCS team we have faced so far this year.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2021, 07:16 PM
ETSU opens as a 2 point favorite on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php) with an O/U of 50.

CobbFC09
November 28th, 2021, 07:48 PM
ETSU opens as a 2 point favorite on 5dimes (https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php) with an O/U of 50.
Seems about right based on what I'm seeing on Sagarin.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2021, 08:25 PM
If SIU can beat NDSU I’ll be thrilled. Have a business trip to Chicago that following Monday. Free round trip flight, hotel, and rental car (although a 5 hour drive).

Of course we have to beat ETSU and it’s going to be a close game.

Fun fact, Carbondale is as long a drive from Chattanooga as it is from OHare so the trip to Chicago really doesnt gain you anything if you're already in North Georgia.

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Fun fact, Carbondale is as long a drive from Chattanooga as it is from OHare so the trip to Chicago really doesnt gain you anything if you're already in North Georgia.

I probably wouldn’t go to that one either but maybe. Unlimited rental car miles > than personally owned car miles.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2021, 09:15 PM
I probably wouldn’t go to that one either but maybe. Unlimited rental car miles > than personally owned car miles.

Oh I know. But my counterpoint is the drive across Illinois is more grueling than coming up from North Georgia. There's pretty much nothing between Chicago and Carbondale except for the 5 minutes it takes to go through Champaign.

Did the drive twice this week. It's boring.

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2021, 10:21 PM
Oh I know. But my counterpoint is the drive across Illinois is more grueling than coming up from North Georgia. There's pretty much nothing between Chicago and Carbondale except for the 5 minutes it takes to go through Champaign.

That’s fair

Houndawg
November 29th, 2021, 06:22 AM

xnodx

When we moved here from CA I was amazed at how a place east of the Mississippi could be so far from anything.

MR. CHICKEN
November 29th, 2021, 08:04 AM

.....AH DROVE FROM DELAWARE TA PEORIA,ILL.....TWO TIMES..........I-80 MOSTLY................BORING IS GOOD....EXCITING IS BAD.......BRAWK!

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2021, 08:38 AM
Stoked for this one! I believe both teams are capable of giving NDSU a headache. I took ETSU in a shootout in the pick'em....

NDSU has to get by SIU first.

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2021, 09:39 AM
This is as close to a toss-up as any 2nd round game IMO. One thing that jumped out at me is ETSU is +13 in turnover margin on the season and KSU is even. When two teams are evenly matched turnovers can usually make the difference.

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2021, 10:06 AM
.....AH DROVE FROM DELAWARE TA PEORIA,ILL.....TWO TIMES..........I-80 MOSTLY................BORING IS GOOD....EXCITING IS BAD.......BRAWK!
Normally you'd be right, but I did the first drive at night. That's a good way to fall asleep at the wheel.

Houndawg
November 29th, 2021, 02:59 PM
NDSU has to get by SIU first.

its in the bag, SIU peaked in October

ksu_owls
November 29th, 2021, 03:54 PM
This is as close to a toss-up as any 2nd round game IMO. One thing that jumped out at me is ETSU is +13 in turnover margin on the season and KSU is even. When two teams are evenly matched turnovers can usually make the difference.

We have played poorly in many games this season, but those were games we weren’t going to lose anyway. Our consistency is my biggest fear, but aside from the GT game we have been able to lock in and play up for the “big” games.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2021, 04:09 PM
we have been able to lock in and play up for the “big” games.
I know, right!

Who would have imagined KSU would have been able to eek out a narrow win over NAIA Reinhardt, pull off a final seconds come-from-behind miracle over 4-7 Gardner-Webb, and repeat that miracle just 2 weeks later, with a final minute come-from-behind win over 3-8 North Alabama.

Those truly were 3 “big” games and 3 “big” wins for the owlets!

CobbFC09
November 29th, 2021, 04:41 PM
ETSU must be seeing high demand for tickets as their website is down? Getting the good ole "500 - Internal server error" when I was going to check out the seating chart. On a serious note, for the few Owl fans here, KSU's website has this to say about where to sit:

Recommended seats sections for KSU fans: U, V, and W.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 05:45 PM
Delaware fans campaigning for Brian Bohannon

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2021, 05:53 PM
ETSU must be seeing high demand for tickets as their website is down? Getting the good ole "500 - Internal server error" when I was going to check out the seating chart. On a serious note, for the few Owl fans here, KSU's website has this to say about where to sit:

Recommended seats sections for KSU fans: U, V, and W.

https://cdn.streamlinehosting.net/etsubucs/DB19B4C3-6745-4F4E-9D82-BB0738A63280/9942L.jpg

Yep - that’s right. It was packed for the SoCon Championship Game, so Mercer Fans filled up Section X also…and FUBeAR believes there were some that spilled over to Section T as well. Sections P,Q, R, and S were packed with ETSU’s fully engaged Students & their very active & loud Band.

With about 2K in attendance for a Home Playoff game & a 4-5 hour drive from Cobb County, other than Players’ Family Members, do you think it’s possible that KSU fans will reach the triple digit mark?

CobbFC09
November 29th, 2021, 06:27 PM
https://cdn.streamlinehosting.net/etsubucs/DB19B4C3-6745-4F4E-9D82-BB0738A63280/9942L.jpg

Yep - that’s right. It was packed for the SoCon Championship Game, so Mercer Fans filled up Section X also…and FUBeAR believes there were some that spilled over to Section T as well.

With about 2K in attendance for a Home Playoff game & 4-5 hour drive, other than Players’ Family Members, do you think KSU fans will reach the triple digit mark?
That's a fair question. There was probably 50 or so Kennesaw fans in Huntsville, TX for the quarterfinal game against Sam Houston State back in December 2017 and that required a flight and then a rental car so my hope is attendance will be much higher here.

ElCid
November 29th, 2021, 06:57 PM
That's a fair question. There was probably 50 or so Kennesaw fans in Huntsville, TX for the quarterfinal game against Sam Houston State back in December 2017 and that required a flight and then a rental car so my hope is attendance will be much higher here.

Just FYI. I HIGHLY recommend those driving from Hotlanta to Johnson City go up US 23 to 74 and then I40 and I26. Do not use I85 to US 25 to I26. Lots, and lots of construction and persistent bumper to bumper on I26 from Hendersonville through Asheville. You miss it by getting to I40 west of Asheville then getting on I26. It's been under construction for like 15 years. Lots of hills, two lanes, trucks, construction, result = parking lot. I live not far and avoid it like the plague. Might look a little longer on map, but it is worth it. Probably prettier as well. Watch the cops going up the big mountain and through the pass into Tenn as well. Their favorite hangout.

HootyHoo
November 29th, 2021, 07:05 PM
Delaware fans campaigning for Brian Bohannon

Haha the Delaware AD must’ve read my post stating that the Blue Hens invented the Wing T. However, that’s a no-can-do old sport. Bohannon ain’t going anywhere.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 07:11 PM
Haha the Delaware AD must’ve read my post stating that the Blue Hens invented the Wing T. However, that’s a no-can-do old sport. Bohannon ain’t going anywhere.

Hooty, I saw your Wing T post and you totally snubbed Delaware, you should study up and try that post again bud

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Just FYI. I HIGHLY recommend those driving from Hotlanta to Johnson City go up US 23 to 74 and then I40 and I26. Do not use I85 to US 25 to I26. Lots, and lots of construction and persistent bumper to bumper on I26 from Hendersonville through Asheville. You miss it by getting to I40 west of Asheville then getting on I26. It's been under construction for like 15 years. Lots of hills, two lanes, trucks, construction, result = parking lot. I live not far and avoid it like the plague. Might look a little longer on map, but it is worth it. Probably prettier as well. Watch the cops going up the big mountain and through the pass into Tenn as well. Their favorite hangout.
Took your non-recommended route on the morning of 11/20 and returned the same route that evening/night. Yes - lots of orange cones and persistent lane shifts…but no traffic issues. Anyone living in the metro ATL area only feels at home when driving surrounded by orange cones.

Your recommended route may be better for stress avoidance & less likelihood of traffic issues, but WAZE said the more direct route was still faster on that day at those times.

Anyway…It was a very nice drive and, as a bonus, FUBeAR got to say “hello” to 2 former Apt complexes where he once lived, and admire the 1st fairway of the Furman Golf Course as he drove by on Hwy 25 / White Horse Road. Someday, he hopes to see that fairway after teeing off on #1.

HootyHoo
November 29th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Hooty, I saw your Wing T post and you totally snubbed Delaware, you should study up and try that post again bud

You should be grateful Hooty even mentioned the CAA also-ran. And now you peasants want to steal the Option Overlord? The Audacity, the Temerity, the unmitigated gall!!!

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 07:31 PM
You should be grateful Hooty even mentioned the CAA also-ran. And now you peasants want to steal the Option Overlord? The Audacity, the Temerity, the unmitigated gall!!!

lol, they don’t call it the Delaware Wing T for nothing

Your Coach was mentioned by a few fans, the AD had probably never heard of him

CobbFC09
November 29th, 2021, 07:48 PM
Good to know. It looks like Google Maps is recommending me the same route from my house in the city, but I'll actually be staying Friday night in Sevierville, TN. On Saturday morning it looks like it recommends taking I-40 E > I-81 N > I-26 E into Johnson City like you suggest.

HootyHoo
November 29th, 2021, 07:48 PM
lol, they don’t call it the Delaware Wing T for nothing

Your Coach was mentioned by a few fans, the AD had probably never heard of him

Hooty is comforted by your AD’s ignorance. It is pretty cool that Delaware literally invented the Wing T. Is there an appetite in Newark to return to the fabled option?

If you really wanted to do it. There is only one man to call. Paul Johnson.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 08:03 PM
Hooty is comforted by your AD’s ignorance. It is pretty cool that Delaware literally invented the Wing T. Is there an appetite in Newark to return to the fabled option?

If you really wanted to do it. There is only one man to call. Paul Johnson.

You will always have a few of the old glory boys campaigning for the fabled Wing T, but not enough to move the needle.

Personally, I love watching option football and wouldn’t mind it, but at the same time part of me would be thinking what the heck are we doing

Chalupa Batman
November 29th, 2021, 08:35 PM
You will always have a few of the old glory boys campaigning for the fabled Wing T, but not enough to move the needle.

Personally, I love watching option football and wouldn’t mind it, but at the same time part of me would be thinking what the heck are we doing

With the right talent, option football can be a useful offense and fun to watch. Inevitably there come times when the team needs to be able to move the ball quickly, which usually renders option football useless.

ElCid
November 29th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Took your non-recommended route on the morning of 11/20 and returned the same route that evening/night. Yes - lots of orange cones and persistent lane shifts…but no traffic issues. Anyone living in the metro ATL area only feels at home when driving surrounded by orange cones.

Your recommended route may be better for stress avoidance & less likelihood of traffic issues, but WAZE said the more direct route was still faster on that day at those times.

Anyway…It was a very nice drive and, as a bonus, FUBeAR got to say “hello” to 2 former Apt complexes where he once lived, and admire the 1st fairway of the Furman Golf Course as he drove by on Hwy 25 / White Horse Road. Someday, he hopes to see that fairway after teeing off on #1.

Yes, you can hit it during a lucky time, but bring your dice. Throw in a fender bender and hope you have snacks.

ElCid
November 29th, 2021, 08:41 PM
Yeah, from there it wouldn't be a factor. Only from the south in the Asheville area between Asheville and Hendersonville on I-26. It can be a mess.

ElCid
November 29th, 2021, 08:59 PM
With the right talent, option football can be a useful offense and fun to watch. Inevitably there come times when the team needs to be able to move the ball quickly, which usually renders option football useless.

Depends. Sure, in general. But we've been in shootouts and scored lots on occasion. We've actually scored too quick in a few games when I hoped we'd have grinding drives to chew clock. Again, this is true much of the time, but I laugh every game I watch of ours when one of the announcers says this same thing. And then immediately after we inevitably score in 2 minutes with a couple of big runs with maybe a surprise pass. Again, I think it's true to a point, but overblow a bit, especially when the opposing D has been on the field 35 minutes.

Chalupa Batman
November 29th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Depends. Sure, in general. But we've been in shootouts and scored lots on occasion. We've actually scored too quick in a few games when I hoped we'd have grinding drives to chew clock. Again, this is true much of the time, but I laugh every game I watch of ours when one of the announcers says this same thing. And then immediately after we inevitably score in 2 minutes with a couple of big runs with maybe a surprise pass. Again, I think it's true to a point, but overblow a bit, especially when the opposing D has been on the field 35 minutes.

That's the beauty of option football is it puts more pressure on all 11 players on the defense to be disciplined and if not a big run can happen at any time. I was more referring to situations like: 2 minutes left, down by 5, 2 timeouts, and you have 80 yards to go. It's difficult to plan for chunk plays in that situation when in the rest of the game you're prodding away and taking them as they come (which they almost always do).

ElCid
November 29th, 2021, 10:31 PM
That's the beauty of option football is it puts more pressure on all 11 players on the defense to be disciplined and if not a big run can happen at any time. I was more referring to situations like: 2 minutes left, down by 5, 2 timeouts, and you have 80 yards to go. It's difficult to plan for chunk plays in that situation when in the rest of the game you're prodding away and taking them as they come (which they almost always do).

xthumbsupx
We've come back from 10 down a few years ago with 6 minutes left including a 72 yard drive and 45 yard drive...all rushing yards...and won. So it is possible, even if highly unlikely. Obviously depends of the level of defense a team is facing as well. But again you are correct 90%+ of the time probably. But I love seeing that 10%.

CobbFC09
November 30th, 2021, 06:29 AM
Any other KSU fans who have posted in the thread so far making the trip? KsawOwls? HootyHoo?

Hopefully ksu_owls will have a change of heart before Saturday afternoon.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2021, 06:34 AM
Any other KSU fans who have posted in the thread so far making the trip? KsawOwls? HootyHoo?

Hopefully ksu_owls will have a change of heart before Saturday afternoon.

I would love to go but we have something every weekend in December. If we do win I’m planning to skip in-law Christmas time to see the next round.

ETSUfan1
November 30th, 2021, 09:42 AM
Hopefully the Kennesaw fans have a nice drive up here. Looks like the weather is going to be very nice for this time of year. 61° and sunny with only a slight chance of a shower. I think you will like our area and campus. If any of you came in year one, we played at a dumpy high school. This is a much better atmosphere. Looking forward to game day.

CobbFC09
November 30th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Hopefully the Kennesaw fans have a nice drive up here. Looks like the weather is going to be very nice for this time of year. 61° and sunny with only a slight chance of a shower. I think you will like our area and campus. If any of you came in year one, we played at a dumpy high school. This is a much better atmosphere. Looking forward to game day.
Maybe you can assist me with this as I'm a bit stumped as to where to sit. Kennesaw's website recommends U, V, and W.

U looks like a normal section with plenty of availability.

V has the first six rows completely "sold" or blocked off.

W has the first thirteen rows "sold" or blocked off as well with some availability in the last four or so rows.

Considering it doesn't seem Kennesaw State got a block of tickets since they're directing me to purchase from ETSUTickets.com, I'm wondering what's going on. I'm likely just going to buy tickets in U since there's plenty of availability and it's one of the "recommended" sections but figured I'd see if ETSU fans knew more about this.

MSUBobcat
November 30th, 2021, 10:20 AM
I would love to go but we have something every weekend in December. If we do win I’m planning to skip in-law Christmas time to see the next round.

xlolx "Sorry fam. The Owls are in the quarterfinals and I'm going to Fargo, ND in December! I'll catch you next year...... maybe"

I am now finding myself slightly rooting for KSU so you get your excuse to bail out on visiting the in-laws. xthumbsupx

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Sounds fantastic, as it was on 11/20 for the SoCon Championship Game. FUBeAR dressed for a bit of a chill, but with the bright sunshine, it was actually quite warm and pleasant. I’m sure the Students, Band, Alumni / Locals will be as primed to be as crazy & loud as they were for that back-and-forth, down-to-the-last-play war against Mercer.

The real question is…Are #1, #2, #8, #9, and #86 ready to ball out as they did against Mercer & vs. the rest of the SoCon all year.

If you’ve followed FUBeAR’s commentary about ETSU for the past 2 or 3 years, then you should recall the ‘never pass’ theme he has often trumpeted. That has been a tribute to the Bucs dominant ground game, but also a criticism of the lack of effectiveness of their Air game. FUBeAR will, grudgingly, give Coach Sanders credit. He continued to throw the ball at times when a run call would have likely had a much higher probability of success. From that bull-headedness (as FUBeAR thought it was), ETSU developed a solid, extremely efficient Passing game & groomed a young QB, who has improved so much, that he is able to execute it near flawlessly.

Yep - Coach Sanders was clearly smarter than ol’ FUBeAR & he has an outright SoCon Championship to prove it.

HootyHoo
November 30th, 2021, 02:30 PM
KSU is now a-2.5 pt favorite. Favored on the road vs a SOCON outright Champ? That is sufficient respect. Hooty Approves.

ScrappytheOwl
November 30th, 2021, 02:36 PM
This game should be a fun one. From what I understand about ETSU is they have an elite runningback/running game, efficient but not overly explosive passing game, and swiss cheese defense. I think the key to ksu winning this game will be to control the clock. It would be pretty wild if KSU wins and goes to Fargo.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 03:24 PM
This game should be a fun one. From what I understand about ETSU is they have an elite runningback/running game, efficient but not overly explosive passing game, and swiss cheese defense. I think the key to ksu winning this game will be to control the clock. It would be pretty wild if KSU wins and goes to Fargo.
Swiss cheese defense?

Ahhhh….what you have failed to realize or chosen to ignore is…

NCAA FCS TOTAL OFFENSE

RANK
TEAM
YPG

Western Caro. (https://www.ncaa.com/schools/western-caro)

Samford (https://www.ncaa.com/schools/samford)

VMI (https://www.ncaa.com/schools/vmi)

Mercer (https://www.ncaa.com/schools/mercer)

Kennesaw St. (https://www.ncaa.com/schools/kennesaw-st)

Facing 4 opponents in the Top 30 in FCS Total Offense, with 2 more against Top 50 (Citadel & Chattanooga) can skew the stats a wee bit. ETSU’s O is #15, BTW.

The average Big South Offensive Ranking Kennesaw’s D has faced is #59 and the best ranking faced is #29.

With the high-powered Offenses in the SoCon, such as the SoCon’s 7th place Team being capable of hanging half a hundred on an SEC Defense, among SoCon Teams, ETSU’s D only finished behind Mercer’s and Chatt’s D in ypg allowed & only behind Chatt. in Scoring D.

FUBeAR also doesn’t think you’ll find the ETSU D unfamiliar with facing a strong rushing attack. They face the #6 rushing Team every day in practice and have already faced the #4, #13, #15, #18, and #24 ranked rushing Teams this season; 1 of those a pure TripleOption (from the fruit of the Jim Brakefield (look him up, Hoooooooty) tree) and at least 3 others incorporating option elements.

No sir, Scrappy…unless you booked a flight to Geneva (not the one in Illinois) instead of the Tri-Cities, you won’t have the pleasure of seeing any Swiss cheese on Saturday.

HootyHoo
November 30th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Scrappy cmon man. Don’t you know how things work in the SOCON? Games aren’t decided on the field, they are decided by spreadsheets and statistics.

Besides, I’m sure those fearsome offensive numbers in the SOCON aren’t inflated by the fact that the conference has only two defenses in the top 50 in FCS. No correlation there!

Now prepare yourself, because they are about to start citing Massey SOS rankings….

ScrappytheOwl
November 30th, 2021, 04:39 PM
This is the kind of post that frustrates most KSU fans. Let me remind you that KSU is 7-2 against SOCON teams and havent lost to one in the last 4 seasons. Frankly, the SOCON is vastly overrated. It feels like the same story every season. Before Monmouth this year, people were saying that was going to be KSU's wake up call...it wasnt. Before Davidson, certain fans said it was going to be a close game...nope. KSU does not get the respect they deserve for literally being the prototype of how to start a football program.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 05:01 PM
OK, FUBeAR is convinced.

KSU’s past record against Wofford, clearly, validates the claim that ETSU’s 2021 Defense is a purely Swiss cheese defense.

How could anyone fail to see such an obvious connection?

…and Massey projected Mercer to be 1-9 this year, so, um…no.

ScrappytheOwl
November 30th, 2021, 05:37 PM
You were inferring how great the SOCON is. I was just pointing out KSU has dominated them. It seems like it is the best of the SOCON VS KSU and KSU has won every time (undefeated in the playoffs). I would be salty too if my "storied high powered conference" was constantly beat by a 7 year old program.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2021, 06:04 PM

The ETSU RBs name is Holmes, he might put up 200 yards

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 06:07 PM
You were inferring how great the SOCON is. I was just pointing out KSU has dominated them. It seems like it is the best of the SOCON VS KSU and KSU has won every time (undefeated in the playoffs). I would be salty too if my "storied high powered conference" was constantly beat by a 7 year old program.
FUBeAR infers very little about the SoCon. As a still active SoCon participant/follower for over 40 years now, he rarely needs to rely on his inferences to guide his opinions.

Thus, FUBeAR was not merely implying that there are many strong Offenses in the SoCon. He stated it definitively and supported that statement with current year data. He has watched them all many times this season. Their numbers, rankings, and relative OOC success in most/many games, including most/many games vs. FBS (often SEC) Teams confirm FUBeAR’s opinion.

KSU has not “dominated the SoCon.” KSU doesn’t play in the SoCon. KSU has defeated 1, maybe 2, SoCon Teams in various seasons over recent years and has lost a couple of those individual contests also. That’s good for KSU. Some nice wins in there. Some ‘meh’ wins, and some ‘doesn’t mean very much’ wins - like Woffy this year or ETSU in 2015.

Now, if you inferred the gist of my post was “how great the SoCon is,” then FUBeAR certainly failed to adequately refute your strongly provocative assertion that ETSU has a Swiss cheese Defense.

Let’s make it simple.

ETSU has a very athletic, highly opportunistic defense. They will blitz often, sending 5-7 vs. passing O’s and they will time up the snap to make those blitzes more effective. They don’t get a great pass rush without blitzing as their DLine is not great. They are solid run stoppers though and the most disciplined unit within the D. Discipline can be a bit of a problem for them as they lead the SoCon in penalties. Their secondary can also lack discipline in coverage, but their athleticism can often overcome that and their opportunism can make the O pay for thinking they can ‘pull something over’ on them. They have great highly experienced leadership among their LB crew. They will hit VERY hard and do not miss a lot of tackles.

NOT Swiss cheese. Good to very good. Not great…but they will knock your dick in the dirt and they will take your ball and go home with it.

The Owls O will need to perform much better than what I saw vs. Davidson to be successful against ETSU’s D. And, I expect they will perform much better. Would certainly expect them to bring their best and leave it all on the field.

is that helpful?

ScrappytheOwl
November 30th, 2021, 06:28 PM
Most penalties in SOCON? Not disciplined? dont get a great pass rush? Are we arguing the same point???

With regards to KSUs offense against Davidson I am not sure if we were watching the same game. Our starters put up 48 points in 2.5 quarters. We cleared our bench mid way through the 3rd and our backups did nothing for the rest of the game.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2021, 07:03 PM
The ETSU RBs name is Holmes, he might put up 200 yards

You sound like those fans in Alabama and their “rock” running back that was going to break records against us. I know it’s possible, but no one player has ever dominated us. We could be more consistent in our secondary, but our defense is legit.

POD Knows
November 30th, 2021, 07:10 PM
This won’t be close. KSU wins. #BOOKIT

ElCid
November 30th, 2021, 07:10 PM
KSU is now a-2.5 pt favorite. Favored on the road vs a SOCON outright Champ? That is sufficient respect. Hooty Approves.

That's just the betting spread. An artificiality dependant upon how much money is bet on either team up to that point. And it's not like much money be bet on this game so a little bit goes a long way towards moving the line. ETSU opened as a two point favorite. So basically it means very little. It is a close match up no doubt. Sagarin has it as ETSU by one, and Massey had it ETSU by 4.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2021, 07:15 PM
The Owls O will need to perform much better than what I saw vs. Davidson to be successful against ETSU’s D. And, I expect they will perform much better. Would certainly expect them to bring their best and leave it all on the field.

is that helpful?

To be fair, it was 0-20 in the first quarter… I don’t think think there was much incentive to really open the playbook.

I expect to see more of a passing attack against ETSU than Davidson, partly due to need. If we can keep the ball off the ground I think we win by 10. Our defense will be up to a tall task if we’re sloppy, but they might be good enough to pull it off.

HootyHoo
November 30th, 2021, 07:16 PM
That's just the betting spread. An artificiality dependant upon how much money is bet on either team up to that point. And it's not like much money be bet on this game so a little bit goes a long way towards moving the line. ETSU opened as a two point favorite. So basically it means very little. It is a close match up no doubt. Sagarin has it as ETSU by one, and Massey had it ETSU by 4.

Hooty has the Owls by 17. It won’t be close. The Owls will contain Holmes. What else do the Bucs have? A freshman QB. An undisciplined D. It will not be pretty. This game will confirm the committee’s assertion that the SOCON is a one bid league. After Saturday, no one will give your AQ the benefit of the doubt ever again.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 07:37 PM
Whew! Thanks. FUBeAR was going large on this one. Now he has all the confidence he needs.

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2021, 07:46 PM
You're doing god's work.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2021, 08:42 PM
You sound like those fans in Alabama and their “rock” running back that was going to break records against us. I know it’s possible, but no one player has ever dominated us. We could be more consistent in our secondary, but our defense is legit.

Yep, I probably do sound like one

I just threw that comment out there to see if I was still being tailed by the Kennesaw Police Department and sure enough

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Most penalties in SOCON? Not disciplined? dont get a great pass rush? Are we arguing the same point???

With regards to KSUs offense against Davidson I am not sure if we were watching the same game. Our starters put up 48 points in 2.5 quarters. We cleared our bench mid way through the 3rd and our backups did nothing for the rest of the game.
Some people are able to watch & analyze the game objectively…

…and some are doting fanboys.

Both types have their place and both make FCS Football so much fun!

ScrappytheOwl
November 30th, 2021, 10:15 PM
Honest question. Did you watch the KSU/Davidson game or did you look up the box score after? Complaining how ksu's offense performed makes me question if you did. Either that, or you may be over estimating your ability to be objective.

wcugrad95
December 1st, 2021, 06:59 AM
You never know how good KSU really is in terms of the national scene, but winning 10 regular season games is not easy to do against any schedule - so they no doubt are a more than capable team. Using the Davidson game for any comparison is not very helpful, as they lost to the 4th place SoCon team (VMI) very similarly (VMI held 21-0 and 38-10 leads finally winning 45-24).

I expect this to be a very close game, partly because ETSU has a strong run game and efficient pass game, but also because ETSU seems to play lots of close games. Certainly on paper KSU will be the best team the Bucs have faced all year.

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2021, 08:18 AM
...TA WIN........IN ANY TRIPLE-O.........IT'S YOUR DEFENSE...DAT MAKES IT GO.......FALL BEHIND........YER FORKED......DOODLE-DOO!

WeAreThePride
December 1st, 2021, 09:46 AM
This thread is hilarious.

KSU is absolutely the new JSU, in terms of forum representation and attitude.

You know what? I hope you do win. It'll finally shut you all up when you get whipped by 5 TDs in Fargo.

ksu_owls
December 1st, 2021, 10:35 AM

You know what? I hope you do win. It'll finally shut you all up when you get whipped by 5 TDs in Fargo.

Fargo is a true home field advantage. To think our first time stepping foot inside the dome we could do anything better than a 2 score game is…. generous.

But we’ll have that discussion soon enough, I hope!

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2021, 10:53 AM
Too bad this week’s game is not in a dome…a Mini-Dome

https://twitter.com/etsufootball/status/1465781297301884943

Had forgotten that the 1st few rows of fans were over our heads. That place was just WEIRD man. Only played there once, but FUBeAR remembers just wanting to get the game (a fairly easy W for the Paladins) over with and get out of that strange building.

Night(mare) and Day compared to ETSU’s current facility.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2021, 11:47 AM

No it won't.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2021, 12:00 PM
Honest question. Did you watch the KSU/Davidson game or did you look up the box score after? Complaining how ksu's offense performed makes me question if you did. Either that, or you may be over estimating your ability to be objective.
Congrats on reaching 10 posts!

https://twitter.com/davidsonfb/status/1464697737417420803

WestCoastAggie
December 1st, 2021, 12:05 PM
Although there is a blueprint to stop this year's edition of KSU, Not many teams have been able to fully shut them down. If ETSU's LBs are up to the challenge, ETSU should win this but KSU's defense is vastly underrated.

WeAreThePride
December 1st, 2021, 12:51 PM
No it won't.
It shut your fanbase up in the ButtAuburn year.

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2021, 01:18 PM

Be careful what you wish for. You can think we are similar to JSU, whatever. KSU is in a major metropolitan area smack dab in a recruting hotbed. We've never lost to JSU, have 41K students, and a program built on high school talent. As opposed to the mercenary transfer culture that resides in Jacksonville Al.

In addition, if the Bison do manage to blow out the Owls next week(SHSU, SDST, Weber St all failed to do so); KSU will not give up and run away to C-USA and accept our irrelevance as JSU did. We will stay and be back in Fargo next season for another round.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2021, 01:19 PM
It shut your fanbase up in the ButtAuburn year.

Yeah but I think Hooty and the gang are closer to being Chattownmocs than they are to being me.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2021, 01:19 PM
Be careful what you wish for. You can think we are similar to JSU, whatever. KSU is in a major metropolitan area smack dab in a recruting hotbed. We've never lost to JSU, have 41K students, and a program built on high school talent. As opposed to the mercenary transfer culture that resides in Jacksonville Al.

In addition, if the Bison do manage to blow out the Owls next week(SHSU, SDST, Weber St all failed to do so); KSU will not give up and run away to C-USA and accept our irrelevance as JSU did. We will stay and be back in Fargo next season for another round.
Rent-Free.

I love how we are your yardstick for success.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2021, 01:22 PM
WhooTea taking a run at Speed Skating…

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/77/17/bf/7717bfb2f1ef87f11563894eadee5523.gif

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2021, 01:29 PM
Rent-Free.

I love how we are your yardstick for success.

You do realize if KSU wins on saturday, the Owls will be one win behind the Gamecocks for all-time FCS playoff wins, 6 to 7? That is 7 wins in 26 years for JSU vs 5 wins in 7 seasons for the Owls. JSU also had the benefit of 30 years as a sub-D1 program and you stll couldn't be relevant. Kennesaw State University has already surpassed Jacksonville State. The Owls are moving on to bigger fish. Enjoy Rich Rod as he destroys your program.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 1st, 2021, 01:49 PM
Too bad this week’s game is not in a dome…a Mini-Dome

https://twitter.com/etsufootball/status/1465781297301884943

Had forgotten that the 1st few rows of fans were over our heads. That place was just WEIRD man. Only played there once, but FUBeAR remembers just wanting to get the game (a fairly easy W for the Paladins) over with and get out of that strange building.

Night(mare) and Day compared to ETSU’s current facility.

Tell me about it. I saw many a game in that very facility while I was a student at ETSU. Did not dig the basketball configuration when basketball season rolled around. One of my ETSU professors lovingly referred to it as the Half-Astrodome. What I would give to be an ETSU student right now.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2021, 03:24 PM
The Owls will contain Holmes.The owlets will need to contain Homes AND Saylors…Rushing AND Receiving.

#1 Quay Holmes & #8 Jacob Saylors Combined - 2021 - Rushing/Receiving - Game-by-Game

Opponent
CAR
YDS
AVG
TD
LG

REC
YDS
AVG
TD
LG

TCH
YDS
AVG
TD
LG

Vanderbilt

UVa-Wise

Del. State

Samford

Wofford

The Citadel

Chattanooga

Furman

VMI

WCU

Mercer

Total

AVG/Game

They average gaining almost 7 yards every time they touch the ball. Only an SEC Defense, along with Mercer’s & Furman’s excellent D’s, have been able to ‘contain’ them to under 6 yards / touch. I’ve been reading here about Kennesaw’s outstanding Defense. They will need to be ready for a challenge on Saturday.

ScrappytheOwl
December 1st, 2021, 04:02 PM
Fun fact, not that any of these guys are individually better than Quay Holmes, but KSU has 7 players averaging over 6 yards a carry.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 1st, 2021, 04:03 PM
You do realize if KSU wins on saturday, the Owls will be one win behind the Gamecocks for all-time FCS playoff wins, 6 to 7? That is 7 wins in 26 years for JSU vs 5 wins in 7 seasons for the Owls. JSU also had the benefit of 30 years as a sub-D1 program and you stll couldn't be relevant. Kennesaw State University has already surpassed Jacksonville State. The Owls are moving on to bigger fish. Enjoy Rich Rod as he destroys your program.

Bigger fish, you mean the three-headed offensive monster that is Carrot Top, Sherlock Holmes and Jacob's Ladder and the defensive kraken Tony Dinozzo and Jared Folks? You mean the fish coached by Jethro Gibbs. You still don't want to discount ETSU. ETSU is a well coached team and they have a way of showing up when you least expect them.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2021, 04:26 PM
Fun fact, KSU has 7 players averaging over 6 yards a carry.
FUBeAR feels festive for fun facts! Frequently finds 1-trick ponies pleasantly playful.

PASSING OFFENSE

TEAM
G
PASS ATT
PASS COM
INT
PASS YDS
YPG

ETSU (https://www.ncaa.com/schools/east-tenn-st)

TEAM
G
PASS ATT
PASS COM
INT
PASS YDS
YPG

ksu_owls
December 1st, 2021, 04:34 PM
They average gaining almost 7 yards every time they touch the ball. Only an SEC Defense, along with Mercer’s & Furman’s excellent D’s, have been able to ‘contain’ them to under 6 yards / touch. I’ve been reading here about Kennesaw’s outstanding Defense. They will need to be ready for a challenge on Saturday.
I agree they will be a challenge. Just working with what little data we have, Furman held Wofford to 20, Mercer held them to 14, KSU held them to 10. Furman held NC A&T to 18, KSU shut them out.

For what little that criss-cross-matchup math is worth, I think KSU is the toughest defense ETSU will have faced this year.

ScrappytheOwl
December 1st, 2021, 04:46 PM
FUBeAR feels festive for fun facts! Frequently finds 1-trick ponies pleasantly playful.

PASSING OFFENSE

TEAM
G
PASS ATT
PASS COM
INT
PASS YDS
YPG

ETSU (https://www.ncaa.com/schools/east-tenn-st)

TEAM
G
PASS ATT
PASS COM
INT
PASS YDS
YPG

I think people will be surprised by KSUs ability to pass the ball when needed. Xavier Shepherd is by far the best passing QB KSU has ever had. Also, if you break down those numbers a little bit it shows KSU averages 18.2 yards per completion at ~60% completion rate. That compared to ETSUs 12.5 yards per completion on ~62% completion rate.

Mfergy4
December 1st, 2021, 04:52 PM

:pumpuke:

ksu_owls
December 1st, 2021, 05:16 PM
I think people will be surprised by KSUs ability to pass the ball when needed. Xavier Shepherd is by far the best passing QB KSU has ever had. Also, if you break down those numbers a little bit it shows KSU averages 18.2 yards per completion at ~60% completion rate. That compared to ETSUs 12.5 yards per completion on ~62% completion rate.

X will impress people with his arm. He’ll impress me if he keeps the ball off the ground. I believe he will, just not much room for error this game.

ScrappytheOwl
December 1st, 2021, 05:27 PM
X will impress people with his arm. He’ll impress me if he keeps the ball off the ground. I believe he will, just not much room for error this game.

Agreed. Turnovers, especially in the redzone, is Shepherds biggest issue. We need to protect the ball especially it being the playoffs. I think as X gets more experience, he will clean up his fumbling issue.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2021, 05:31 PM
I agree they will be a challenge. Just working with what little data we have, Furman held Wofford to 20, Mercer held them to 14, KSU held them to 10. Furman held NC A&T to 18, KSU shut them out.

For what little that criss-cross-matchup math is worth, I think KSU is the toughest defense ETSU will have faced this year.Like the research, but you missed or failed to disclose that Woffy had a Defensive score on a freak play against Mercer…so Mercer’s D held Wofford to 7.

7 < 10.

Also, Mercer’s D held Woffy to 176 yards, while KSU allowed the ratdogs to gain 223.

176 < 223.

Thus, FUBeAR rejects, with prejudice, your assertion that KSU is the toughest defense ETSU will have faced this year.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2021, 05:38 PM
by far the best passing QB KSU has ever had.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/T950HR/entitled-the-murays-midgets-tripplet-brothers-age-19-years-very-little-is-known-about-the-murray-brothers-john-james-and-joseph-they-were-billed-as-triplets-when-exhibited-at-barnums-american-museum-but-according-to-an-1880-newspaper-article-they-were-brothers-but-not-triplets-born-in-new-york-between-1860-and-1870-the-smallest-of-the-brothers-stood-37-inches-tall-the-tallest-42-their-mother-was-their-manager-and-toured-with-them-T950HR.jpg

ElCid
December 1st, 2021, 06:49 PM

For what little that criss-cross-matchup math is worth, I think KSU is the toughest defense ETSU will have faced this year.

Yeah, no. Not even close. Although it is a subjective evaluation. Chatty has that spot up to and including this weekend. Their problem has been consistency. You will do well to keep those two ETSU runners bottled up. Chatty held ETSU to 342 total yards and it's lowest score total at 16. Not bad. KSU is good on D, but not great. KSU had some defensive failures in run defense last week. You do that with ETSU, you'll get burned worse.

ScrappytheOwl
December 1st, 2021, 06:52 PM
I mean that graphic is not too far off. X is night and day a better passer than any QB at KSU ever. It is not even close. That dos equis (x shep to x hill) touchdown to win the gardener webb game was glorious.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2021, 07:16 PM
That x shep to x hill touchdown to win the gardener webb game was glorious.
Glorious?

A caught 50/50 ball to keep from losing to, 4-7, 2-5 in the Big South, Gardner-Webb, in an empty stadium?

OK…if you say so. FUBeAR will certainly allow that the owlets/owlet cyber-fans do exhibit a high level of exuberance after clearing a very low bar.

https://twitter.com/kennesawstfb/status/1454560013293342720

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2021, 09:25 PM
Yeah, no. Not even close. Although it is a subjective evaluation. Chatty has that spot up to and including this weekend. Their problem has been consistency. You will do well to keep those two ETSU runners bottled up. Chatty held ETSU to 342 total yards and it's lowest score total at 16. Not bad. KSU is good on D, but not great. KSU had some defensive failures in run defense last week. You do that with ETSU, you'll get burned worse.

How many times will KSU have to beat a SOCON team before you take the hint? KSU is better than any program in the SOCON. Holmes will not rush for 100 yards. I honestly feel bad for the SOCON fans. You guys used to be good. But App St and GA Southern left and you decided to replace them with Mercer and ETSU instead of KSU. I want you to think about that when KSU has the backup QB in in the 4th up 20.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2021, 11:21 PM
Holmes will not rush for 100 yards.
Only Mercer, Furman, and Vanderbilt held Holmes and Saylors under 200 yards.

So there’s an attainable goal to which the owlets may aspire.

Of course Mercer & Furman both lost to ETSU on, essentially, the last play of the game. So, maybe shooting for under 150 would be a more useful target.

How many yards did the Top 2 backs from 4-7/2-5 Gardner-Webb & 3-8/2-4 North Alabama each amass vs. the Weak-neckedPigeons ‘impenetrable’ Defense? Since KayEssYou somehow pulled a final-seconds W out of their nasty tailfeathers against both of those 2 soft sisters, perhaps improving on those results would be advisable.

Just checked the stats for those near owlet losses to 2 FCS bottom-feeders. Looks like, as odd as it seems, Who-T may have been right from the start…

…the VerminVacuums will need to hold Holmes AND Saylors to under 100 Total Yards combined to have any hope of winning on Saturday.

Good luck with that.

EDIT: Just noticed KSU’s Starting Defense gave up almost 200 yards Rushing at an 8.1 yards/attempt clip to DAVIDSON…IN THE 1st HALF!!

Owlets might need more than luck. They used up 2 miracles to eek out wins over Teams that lost 15 games. Any miracles left in the tank? Maybe they have a genie. Having 1 of 3 wishes remaining could be a valuable asset for the RafterRoosters vs. ETSU.

ksu_owls
December 2nd, 2021, 08:53 AM
One of my least favorite observations of playing in the Big South is the ability to win every game with little to no consistency. The SoCon has more good teams which I believe helps to develop consistency. I don’t believe ETSU will be shocked by the Owls, but they may be surprised to find a focused team playing 4Q out of necessity rather than showing up *knowing* the other team would need a miracle to win.

Davidson didn’t do ***** before we knew we had the game on lock. There’s no two ways about it. And if ETSU wants to prep their expectations from the Gardner Webb game then that’s great news for us.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 09:47 AM
Davidson didn’t do ***** before we knew we had the game on lock. There’s no two ways about it.
Game on lock? No 2 ways about it?

At this point…with less than a minute to play in the 1st half and the score 34-14…

2nd and 10 at KSU20
Colosimo,Louis pass intercepted by Montgomery,Markeith at KSU00 Montgomery,Markeith return 43 yards to the KSU43 (Hilliard,Aris).

…if Davidson scores on this pass into the endzone (or on three 8.1 yard runs…which is what they should have done), as it appeared they were about to, having driven the field in 12 plays, then it’s likely 34-21 at half.

Now, we know KSU’s unstoppable O laid the ball on the ground the 1st play of the 2nd half & Davidson scooped & scored. So, we would have had a 34-28 game at the beginning of the 2nd half. A 1-score game. Not exactly “on lock.”

The INT with less than a minute to play in the half & the ensuing INT return & owlet score turned this game. So, that nearly 200 yards rushing @ 8.1 yds/attempt that Davidson rang up on the vaunted owlet D was, clearly, well before the outcome of this game was determined.

Delusional cyber-fandom is strong in these BarnBuzzards’ cyber-fanbase.

ScrappytheOwl
December 2nd, 2021, 10:22 AM
Glorious?

A caught 50/50 ball to keep from losing to, 4-7, 2-5 in the Big South, Gardner-Webb, in an empty stadium?

OK…if you say so. FUBeAR will certainly allow that the owlets/owlet cyber-fans do exhibit a high level of exuberance after clearing a very low bar.

https://twitter.com/kennesawstfb/status/1454560013293342720

I would say that it has to be pretty discomforting to our opponents that the "one trick pony owls" have plays like that in their arsenal.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 10:43 AM
I would say that it has to be pretty discomforting to our opponents that the "one trick pony owls" have plays like that in their arsenal.
Yes - a 3 step drop fade route & chunking up a (possibly intentional) back shoulder 50/50 ball just may revolutionize the game of Football!

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2021, 11:05 AM

Yep - that’s right. It was packed for the SoCon Championship Game, so Mercer Fans filled up Section X also…and FUBeAR believes there were some that spilled over to Section T as well. Sections P,Q, R, and S were packed with ETSU’s fully engaged Students & their very active & loud Band.

With about 2K in attendance for a Home Playoff game & a 4-5 hour drive from Cobb County, other than Players’ Family Members, do you think it’s possible that KSU fans will reach the triple digit mark?

I'm a little late to the party, and I'm sure most have purchased their seats already...however, as FuBear mentioned PQRS are usually filled with students. They are not too unruley...They have a passionate disdain for my Mocs and I set in that section with my ETSU grad wife (she actually graduated last December, so despite being 20 years their senior, she was amongst her posse'). However one thing to keep in mind, this is the WEST facing side of the stadium...and a 2pm kickoff will keep the sun high for most of it, but the 4th quarter may be impacted.

HootyHoo
December 2nd, 2021, 11:32 AM
Game on lock? No 2 ways about it?

At this point…with less than a minute to play in the 1st half and the score 34-14…

2nd and 10 at KSU20
Colosimo,Louis pass intercepted by Montgomery,Markeith at KSU00 Montgomery,Markeith return 43 yards to the KSU43 (Hilliard,Aris).

…if Davidson scores on this pass into the endzone (or on three 8.1 yard runs…which is what they should have done), as it appeared they were about to, having driven the field in 12 plays, then it’s likely 34-21 at half.

Now, we know KSU’s unstoppable O laid the ball on the ground the 1st play of the 2nd half & Davidson scooped & scored. So, we would have had a 34-28 game at the beginning of the 2nd half. A 1-score game. Not exactly “on lock.”

The INT with less than a minute to play in the half & the ensuing INT return & owlet score turned this game. So, that nearly 200 yards rushing @ 8.1 yds/attempt that Davidson rang up on the vaunted owlet D was, clearly, well before the outcome of this game was determined.

Actually that is exactly what our defense does. The KSU D is #1 in Redzone defense in FCS. All these coulda, woulda, shouldas can get thrown out the window because time and again this defense has proven to be the best "Bend, don't break" squad in the country.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 11:47 AM
I'm a little late to the party, and I'm sure most have purchased their seats already...however, as FuBear mentioned PQRS are usually filled with students. They are not too unruley...They have a passionate disdain for my Mocs and I set in that section with my ETSU grad wife (she actually graduated last December, so despite being 20 years their senior, she was amongst her posse'). However one thing to keep in mind, this is the WEST facing side of the stadium...and a 2pm kickoff will keep the sun high for most of it, but the 4th quarter may be impacted.

Hey MilkTruck! Good to see you up & around. You’ve been pretty quiet since 11/13. FUBeAR nearly requested someone from MocsNation conduct a wellness check on you.

Anyway…interested in your thoughts about the KSU @ ETSU game. These MouseMunchers’ cyber-fans have been schoolin’ up Ol’ FUBeAR about the game of Football. He’s been lectured about their unstoppable, infallible Offense…

Congrats on reaching 10 posts!

https://twitter.com/davidsonfb/status/1464697737417420803

…and their impenetrable, steel-curtain Defense…

https://twitter.com/gwufootball/status/1455311217464123392

Apparently, they’ve all booked their virtual tickets to cyber-attend their game next Saturday in Fargo.

What say you? 40 point win for the RatRelishers or nah?

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2021, 11:48 AM
I believe we should have a good idea of how this game goes early on (probably 2 or 3 drives). If 74 can clog the middle and push the C back a half step, disrupting the TO and freeing up 31 to run wild and make plays on D...and if 1 and 8 can find daylight early, it'll be long day for the Owls. IF not, the Mountain Pirates will get a silver medal.

Milktruck's Keys

for ETSU:

74 has to reestablish the LOS and push back the Owls C.
31 has to play downhill
1 and 8 need to find room early.

For KSU:

Win the LOS.
Keep ETSU's O off the field...Long Sustainsd Drives.

Milktruck74
December 2nd, 2021, 01:35 PM
Yeah, 11-13 was not fun...but 10-30 wasn't bad.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 03:46 PM
Yeah, 11-13 was not fun...but 10-30 wasn't bad.
Yes…yes it was quite nice…

Saturday, October 30, 2021 - Football

Away
Home

Some SoCon Team 41
https://soconsports.com/images/2019/9/23/logo_wofford.png?width=30Wofford (http://woffordterriers.com/)21

https://soconsports.com/images/2019/9/23/logo_mercer.png?width=30Mercer (http://www.mercerbears.com/)34
https://soconsports.com/images/2019/9/23/logo_citadel.png?width=30The Citadel (http://www.citadelsports.com/)7

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 04:16 PM
https://www.etsubucs.com/football/news/2021-22/18353/top-things-to-know--etsu-vs-kennesaw-state/

Top Things to Know – ETSU vs. Kennesaw State - game day stuff…parking, tickets, policies, broadcasts, etc.

ScrappytheOwl
December 2nd, 2021, 04:24 PM
Yes…yes it was quite nice…

Saturday, October 30, 2021 - Football

Away
Home

Some SoCon Team 41
https://soconsports.com/images/2019/9/23/logo_wofford.png?width=30Wofford (http://woffordterriers.com/)21

https://soconsports.com/images/2019/9/23/logo_mercer.png?width=30Mercer (http://www.mercerbears.com/)34
https://soconsports.com/images/2019/9/23/logo_citadel.png?width=30The Citadel (http://www.citadelsports.com/)7

I did not know this thread was about the irrelevance of the SOCON. I thought it was about a football game being played this saturday. My mistake.

WeAreThePride
December 2nd, 2021, 04:53 PM
How many times will KSU have to beat a SOCON team before you take the hint? KSU is better than any program in the SOCON. Holmes will not rush for 100 yards. I honestly feel bad for the SOCON fans. You guys used to be good. But App St and GA Southern left and you decided to replace them with Mercer and ETSU instead of KSU. I want you to think about that when KSU has the backup QB in in the 4th up 20.
Hey buddy. Wanna hear a secret?

Nobody's impressed with your record against the SOCON. December is all that matters if you want to prove yourself in the FCS.

ksu_owls
December 2nd, 2021, 04:53 PM

If you watched the game it was 0-20 and their offense had yet to get a first down. They ran two counters to the house from like 80 and 85. Over 80% of their rushing performance was at a point when we were on pace to score 80. Because none of your hypothetical situations actually took place, at no point where we concerned with losing.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 04:57 PM
I did not know this thread was about the SOCON. I thought it was about a football game being played this saturday. My mistake.Oh, sorry. Thought y’all might want another data point for the detailed analysis of the Kenny Saw vs. Wofford vs. ETSU score comparison one of y’all experts conjured up.

Y’all kinda got that Jan Brady thing going on, “Wofford, Wofford, Wofford,” with the AnkleBiters anyway. Just tryin’ to please the crowd.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 05:06 PM
They ran two to the house from like 80 and 85.
Got it.

A Non-Scholarship PFL Team, almost all of whom would sure rather post their SAT scores than their 40 times, outran the BarnBuzzards’ Starting Defense taking huge explosion plays home for 2 TD’s in the 1st half.

No worries. FUBeAR is positive Holmes & Saylor are both WAY slower than those non-scholarship Davidson RB’s.

ksu_owls
December 2nd, 2021, 05:08 PM
Oh, sorry. Thought y’all might want another data point for the detailed analysis of the Kenny Saw vs. Wofford vs. ETSU score comparison one of y’all experts conjured up.

Y’all kinda got that Jan Brady thing going on, “Wofford, Wofford, Wofford,” with the AnkleBiters anyway. Just tryin’ to please the crowd.

FUBeAR, I know you aren’t critiquing my criss-cross-matchup-math lol you literally made up a scenario where our defense wasn’t good/allowed a TD so you could further your still unproven point that ETSU is going to easily beat us(?).

You’re usually better at this!

ksu_owls
December 2nd, 2021, 05:09 PM
Got it.

A Non-Scholarship PFL Team, almost all of whom would sure rather post their SAT scores than their 40 times, outran the BarnBuzzards’ Starting Defense taking huge explosion plays home for 2 TD’s in the 1st half.

No worries. FUBeAR is positive Holmes & Saylor are both WAY slower than those non-scholarship Davidson RB’s.
The point in question is if the game was a lock or not. Don’t be like other posters. I can tell you are capable of reading!

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 05:10 PM
your still unproven point that ETSU is going to easily beat usLink or Post #, please?

ksu_owls
December 2nd, 2021, 05:21 PM
Link or Post #, please? you left out my (?)

My assumption is that’s what you’re trying to prove. Could you clarify?

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 05:23 PM
The point in question is if the game was a lock or not.
If you thought that game was “on-lock” before that KSU interception in the KSU Endzone with less than a minute to play in the 1st half & the owlets subsequent long INT return & TD, you’ve either watched too much Owls vs. Big South Football over the years or you’re a delusional fan…or both.

Don’t you live in ATL? Does 28-3 mean nothing to you?

EDIT - just remembered- LOL - FUBeAR once played in a game AGAINST Davidson where he (and his Paladins) trailed 35-7 in the 1st half. We won 63-55. Set an NCAA record (at the time) for Points Scored by both Teams. I guess Davidson’s Players & Coaches must’ve thought they had us “on lock.”

ksu_owls
December 2nd, 2021, 05:50 PM
If you thought that game was “on-lock” before that KSU interception in the KSU Endzone with less than a minute to play in the 1st half & the owlets subsequent long INT return & TD, you’ve either watched too much Owls vs. Big South Football over the years or you’re a delusional fan…or both.

Don’t you live in ATL? Does 28-3 mean nothing to you?

EDIT - just remembered- LOL - FUBeAR once played in a game AGAINST Davidson where he (and his Paladins) trailed 35-7 in the 1st half. We won 63-55. Set an NCAA record (at the time) for Points Scored by both Teams. I guess Davidson’s Players & Coaches must’ve thought they had us “on lock.”

Davidson at no point was a serious threat. We probably won’t agree on this, but I’m pretty sure others who watched the game would.

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2021, 06:57 PM
Yeah but I think Hooty and the gang are closer to being Chattownmocs than they are to being me.
Jesus. Maybe we should resurrect the thread prior to the JSU/NDSU natty game. 😀

wcugrad95
December 2nd, 2021, 07:18 PM
I could come up with all kinds of data points about semi-common opponents, close games, or what teams did against other teams who had a cousin that was related to a fan that used to go to games at ETSU or KSU. WCU played ETSU, and we had certain But fans say that we got woodshedded when in reality we failed to score twice inside the 5 yard line in the second half of what turned into a 21-point ETSU win - the game could have been within 1 possession with around 5 minutes to go if we don't throw an INT in the endzone. Several weeks earlier, WCU played one of their worst games of the year and lost to Gardner Webb. Because we played ETSU relatively close, but lost to GWU after we found our way and started playing better, I am not sure how that has anything to do with what will happen this weekend.

I thought MilkTruck was spot on with his analysis. If ETSU does good things early with their run game, and they can control the line of scrimmage on D, they win. If KSU controls the ball and doesn't turn it over, they win. None of that is rocket science. This is 2 very good football teams who have double-digits wins, and the 2nd round and later of the FCS playoffs should mean 2 stout squads battling it out in close contests. When good teams play each other, the team with the fewest mistakes stands the best chance to win. ETSU is extremely well coached and has a veteran squad, so I give them the advantage at home but this is the epitome of a toss-up.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 07:52 PM
WCU played ETSU, and we had certain Buc fans say that we got woodshedded when in reality we failed to score twice inside the 5 yard line in the second half of what turned into a 21-point ETSU win - the game could have been within 1 possession with around 5 minutes to go if we don't throw an INT in the endzone.

I thought MilkTruck was spot on with his analysis. If ETSU does good things early with their run game, and they can control the line of scrimmage on D, they win. If KSU controls the ball and doesn't turn it over, they win. None of that is rocket science. This is 2 very good football teams who have double-digits wins, and the 2nd round and later of the FCS playoffs should mean 2 stout squads battling it out in close contests. When good teams play each other, the team with the fewest mistakes stands the best chance to win. ETSU is extremely well coached and has a veteran squad, so I give them the advantage at home but this is the epitome of a toss-up.

Yep….and if FUBeAR recalls correctly, that/those Bucs Fans, not too dissimilar from these KSU experts, were using their ‘perceived’ “woodshedding” of WCU the prior week as definitive evidence that their unstoppable & impenetrable Bucs were going to curb stomp Mercer….which obviously did not happen.

As you wisely pointed out, the tiniest of mistakes can change the outcome of a game when 2 Teams are fairly evenly matched as Mercer & ETSU were and ETSU & KSU are.

In the Mercer @ ETSU game, Mercer was driving the field, as they had most of the 2nd half, putting up 4 scores…8 plays and about 60 yards later, it was looking like they were going to drive for the likely game-clinching TD - which would have put them 10-12 (depending on the XP decision/success) points ahead with only a few minutes to play. Then a WR slipped & fell coming out of his break & the QB threw behind him to the waiting DB…

2nd and 10 at ETSU25
pass intercepted by Alijah Huzzie at the ETSU14, Alijah Huzzie return 51 yards to the MER35 (John Thomas).

…and the game turned. That doesn’t even consider the missed Mercer FG that would have sent it to OT. Otherwise, we might be talking about the KSU @ Mercer matchup in Macon this week.

But…I digress….

The point you made is spot, spot, spot on. We have 2 really, really good Football Teams that know how to win facing off Saturday and, unless something completely unexpected (unexpected by those who aren’t doting cyber-fanboys) happens, 1 or 2 key mistakes, most likely late in the game, will decide the outcome.

Cannot wait to watch it!

HootyHoo
December 2nd, 2021, 08:32 PM
Hey buddy. Wanna hear a secret?

Nobody's impressed with your record against the SOCON. December is all that matters if you want to prove yourself in the FCS.

We’ve played in December the last 4 seasons in a row. You don’t need to educate me on FCS. You better hope the Bison have more respect for KSU than you do or the Owls will come up to Fargo and end your season.

FUBeAR
December 2nd, 2021, 08:43 PM
We’ve played in December the last 4 seasons in a row. You don’t need to educate me on FCS. You better hope the Bison have more respect for KSU than you do or the Owls will come up to Fargo and end your season.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/08/13/05/0813051e1d11806e2bdc5ee0322d4d1f.gif

WeAreThePride
December 3rd, 2021, 05:01 AM
I suggest your Owls have more respect for ETSU than you do, or you'll never make it up here.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2021, 07:53 AM

I don't care who you are, this is hilarious. I'm speechless.

MSUBobcat
December 3rd, 2021, 10:02 AM

xoutofrepx

ksu_owls
December 3rd, 2021, 11:36 AM
I haven’t been this excited for a football game in a while. Not like a cocky excited lol I’ve given ETSU credit on being a great team! We just don’t regularly get to play great teams.

Do I hate they have a bye week? Yep. But they earned it and if we’re half as good as the KSU fan consensus then it won’t be an issue.

I think we see KSU struggle early in the run and then open things up by finding success through the air.

To FUBeAR’s credit, we will have to play great defense but defense is the one part of the team I’ve been confident in for “big” games.

My final prediction is 34-24 Owls.

Either way the team that wins gets to be humbled 7 days later OR… hear me out… they shock the world lol

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 11:59 AM
My final prediction is 34-24 Owls.
FUBeAR will take the Bucs +10 for an Avatar bet. You down?

ksu_owls
December 3rd, 2021, 12:35 PM
FUBeAR will take the Bucs +10 for an Avatar bet. You down?

I’m interested… can I change it on my phone? I can’t remember my password and my phone is just logged in. I’ll fixed it one day.

Anyway, what are your terms? Do we get to see the proposed avatar before the official bet?

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 12:52 PM
I’m interested… can I change it on my phone? I can’t remember my password and my phone is just logged in. I’ll fixed it one day.

Anyway, what are your terms? Do we get to see the proposed avatar before the official bet?pretty sure you can switch to “full site” AGS on your phone and change your Avatar…or just give Ol’ FUBeAR your password, SSN, birthdate, and Mother’s maiden name…and he’ll handle everything for you.

You pick FUBeAR’s new Avatar if KSU wins by 11 or more points. FUBeAR picks your new Avatar if KSU wins by 9 or fewer points or ETSU wins. If KSU wins by 10, it’s a ‘push’ and no Avatar changes req’d by/for either.

No Avatar preview req’d…can do so if either or both want to. No right of rejection unless obscene / political / not allowed by AGS.

Term - not really meaningful unless it includes a Football Season…so how ‘bout from 12/5/21 until next FCS Playoff Selection Day date? Will need to be supporting my Paladins & Bears in next year’s Playoffs and wouldn’t want you not to have your pic of KSU’s uncharacteristically occupied Stadium for Owlet Equipment Turn-In Day 2022.

ksu_owls
December 3rd, 2021, 01:48 PM
pretty sure you can switch to “full site” AGS on your phone and change your Avatar…or just give Ol’ FUBeAR your password, SSN, birthdate, and Mother’s maiden name…and he’ll handle everything for you.

You pick FUBeAR’s new Avatar if KSU wins by 11 or more points. FUBeAR picks your new Avatar if KSU wins by 9 or fewer points or ETSU wins. If KSU wins by 10, it’s a ‘push’ and no Avatar changes req’d by/for either.

No Avatar preview req’d…can do so if either or both want to. No right of rejection unless obscene / political / not allowed by AGS.

Term - not really meaningful unless it includes a Football Season…so how ‘bout from 12/5/21 until next FCS Playoff Selection Day date? Will need to be supporting my Paladins & Bears in next year’s Playoffs and wouldn’t want you not to have your pic of KSU’s uncharacteristically occupied Stadium for Owlet Equipment Turn-In Day 2022.

Got it…. thought you meant ETSU to win by +10. Care to make it straight up? Fair if not, I misunderstood your first reply.

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 02:09 PM
Got it…. thought you meant ETSU to win by +10. Care to make it straight up? Fair if not, I misunderstood your first reply.
So…you’re not willing to stand behind your owlets and your 10-point win prediction with even an Avatar bet?

FUBeAR is not even an ETSU fan and he’s willing to bet on the Bucs over a KSU cyber-fan’s prognostication.

You sure that mascot of yours isn’t just a spindly-necked yardbird?

ElCid
December 3rd, 2021, 03:05 PM

Anybody see goalposts moving around here? LOL.

It'll be a good game. I need to go down and load up on some wings in the morning. Thought about driving that 100 miles to Johnson City just because I can, but nah, I'll enjoy from my comfy den and see multiple games.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2021, 04:13 PM

It'll be a good game. I need to go down and load up on some wings in the morning. Thought about driving that 100 miles to Johnson City just because I can, but nah, I'll enjoy from my comfy den and see multiple games.

Macca & Wings and a mountain road. Heaven on earth

Chicken Wings are getting kind of expensive

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 04:18 PM
Macca & Wings and a mountain road. Heaven on earth

Chicken Wings are getting kind of expensive
Let’s get back to the game…

You talkin’ about them yardbird wings or are you talkin’ about them ksu_owls (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?42932-ksu_owls) wings?

Oh heck…seems as if they may be the same things.

ksu_owls
December 3rd, 2021, 04:22 PM

I thought he was offering KSU 10 points! I’d be happy to take that bet with anyone lol

If suggesting a monetary wager isn’t against the rules (?), I would put $100 on KSU -9.5 for fun with FUBeAR. The market is only asking -3, so this is not an open bet to anyone.

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 05:36 PM
I thought he was offering KSU 10 points! I’d be happy to take that bet with anyone lol

If suggesting a monetary wager isn’t against the rules (?), I would put $100 on KSU -9.5 for fun with FUBeAR. The market is only asking -3, so this is not an open bet to anyone.

1) gambling on sports ain’t legal in Georgia…far as I know
2) doubtful that AGS approves of wagering $’s on the site
3) You would give me ETSU +9.5 for $100, but not for an Avatar bet?

Not sure if these gamblin’ terms are confusing or you’re haggling over 1/2 a point.

I’ll take ETSU +9.5 or you’re taking KSU and giving me 9.5 (however you prefer to express it) for an avatar bet as previously outlined @ +10. That, basically, eliminates the push on your 10 point KSU to win prediction. You win if you’re level of confidence is warranted. Fair enough.

BTW - If betting were legal in GA, FUBeAR would go pretty large on FCS games all season and would have pocketed a good bit of kwan in that process over the years...but, y’know, it’s not…so he doesn’t. And he would sure never bet $’s with people he doesn’t know on a message board.

ksu_owls
December 3rd, 2021, 07:01 PM
1) gambling on sports ain’t legal in Georgia…far as I know
2) doubtful that AGS approves of wagering $’s on the site
3) You would give me ETSU +9.5 for $100, but not for an Avatar bet?

Not sure if these gamblin’ terms are confusing or you’re haggling over 1/2 a point.

I’ll take ETSU +9.5 or you’re taking KSU and giving me 9.5 (however you prefer to express it) for an avatar bet as previously outlined @ +10. That, basically, eliminates the push on your 10 point KSU to win prediction. You win if you’re level of confidence is warranted. Fair enough.

BTW - If betting were legal in GA, FUBeAR would go pretty large on FCS games all season and would have pocketed a good bit of kwan in that process over the years...but, y’know, it’s not…so he doesn’t. And he would sure never bet $’s with people he doesn’t know on a message board.

In summary, KSU -9.5, new avatar must be changed within 48 hours of receiving it and cannot be changed until *after* selection Sunday 2022.

If we’re on the same page then you’ve got yourself a deal!

[in the event of a season-canceling-pandemic, is 12 months a suitable time alternative?]

Hope we keep the ball off the ground! Go Owls!

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 07:31 PM
In summary, KSU -9.5, new avatar must be changed within 48 hours of receiving it and cannot be changed until *after* selection Sunday 2022.

If we’re on the same page then you’ve got yourself a deal!

[in the event of a season-canceling-pandemic, is 12 months a suitable time alternative?]

Hope we keep the ball off the ground! Go Owls!we good

i think (hope) you understand that KSU has to win by at least 10 points for you to win this friendly avatar wager.

Another Football cancelling ‘epidemic’ & FUBeAR will die leading the revolution to overthrow the gov’t and the NCAA….so no worries ‘bout that.

ksu_owls
December 3rd, 2021, 07:42 PM
we good

i think (hope) you understand that KSU has to win by at least 10 points for you to win this friendly avatar wager.

Another Football cancelling ‘epidemic’ & FUBeAR will die leading the revolution to overthrow the gov’t and the NCAA….so no worries ‘bout that.

Yes, if my prediction, or any result with the same margin of victory for the Owls, happens then you get to sport the “KSU SoCon Champs” avatar I’ll be working on soon ;)

FUBeAR
December 3rd, 2021, 07:58 PM
Yes, if my prediction, or any result with the same margin of victory for the Owls, happens then you get to sport the “KSU SoCon Champs” avatar I’ll be working on soon ;)
I like your creativity!

*same (10 point) or greater margin of victory for the Owls & FUBeAR’s Avatar will be your choice. Anything less & FUBeAR picks yours. Was gonna be simple and nice & just go with the cute baby owlet, but guess will have to up my game.

ksu_owls
December 3rd, 2021, 08:13 PM
I like your creativity!

*same (10 point) or greater margin of victory for the Owls & FUBeAR’s Avatar will be your choice. Anything less & FUBeAR picks yours. Was gonna be simple and nice & just go with the cute baby owlet, but guess will have to up my game.

Either way we’re in for some good football tomorrow!

ElCid
December 3rd, 2021, 08:21 PM

I just love this and needed to bump it.

BurialGround
December 4th, 2021, 06:27 AM
Good luck to both teams today. It's great to see the strides ETSU have made under Sanders, and it's even better that our two programs will meet again for the first time since 2016 to see which one has come the furthest since our building years. This will be KSU's biggest challenge from the SoCon to date, I believe even a tougher task than the one we faced against Wofford in 2018, especially considering the extra week they've had to prepare for our offense. A tall task for sure. We're gonna have to play our best game of the season to win this one. Much respect to the ETSU program, and I'm very excited to see some good football... definitely the most excited I've been for a game this season. The next several hours are gonna be quite anxious!

On a side note, I liked the good ole days when KSU was the complete underdog and taking teams by surprise. I find the trash talking cringy af lol.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 06:33 AM
I have mixed emotions on this game, something tells me it will be a really good one, I think ETSU is too solid to lose but the thought of Kennesaw going to Fargo has me in the closet for the Owls.....

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2021, 08:44 AM
I have mixed emotions on this game, something tells me it will be a really good one, I think ETSU is too solid to lose but the thought of Kennesaw going to Fargo has me in the closet for the Owls.....

I knew we would be friends one day!

GAME DAY PEOPLE! We play a real team today to see if we are actually good or not. Best time of the year for the Owls!

Milktruck74
December 4th, 2021, 09:42 AM
It is a great day for football up here in the JC!!!! Overcast and 60...but no chance of rain...perfect fall afternoon!!!!!

FUBeAR
December 4th, 2021, 10:00 AM
It is a great day for football up here in the JC!!!! Overcast and 60...but no chance of rain...perfect fall afternoon!!!!!
Dang…sure wish we had the 3 or 4 other SoCon Teams, including your Mocs, who are all likely just as good as ETSU, playing today. But those Teams fell just short of taking the decision out of the Selection Committee’s circular-logic-filled minds…either on the field and/or via failure to schedule with the Selection Committee’s affinity for padded resumes with wins over non-schollie & D2 transitioning Teams in mind.

DOUBLE DANG IT!

Oh well…today we are all ETSU BUCS FANS!

May the wind be at your back, you land-locked ship of Mountain Pirates!!

Chalupa Batman
December 4th, 2021, 10:04 AM
This is the game I've been looking forward to most all week besides my teams game. Is this one going to be over in 2 and a half hours?

FUBeAR
December 4th, 2021, 10:23 AM
This is the game I've been looking forward to most all week besides my teams game. Is this one going to be over in 2 and a half hours?
Maybe…but ETSU’s QB threw it 29 times in the SoCon Championship Game vs. Mercer…but he completed 26 (89.7%) of those…so not sure that stopped the clock as much as we often see with Teams that chunk it over 30x/game and complete around 60%.

Looks like the owlets only throw it about 10x/game … and that includes the games against 4-7/2-5 Gardner-Webb and 3-8/2-4 North Alabama….when KSU had to come from behind in the final seconds to squeak by with wins over those 2 Big South bottom-feeders.

so….it’ll probably go 3 hours.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 11:15 AM
Dang…sure wish we had the 3 or 4 other SoCon Teams, including your Mocs, who are all likely just as good as ETSU, playing today. But those Teams fell just short of taking the decision out of the Selection Committee’s circular-logic-filled minds…either on the field and/or via failure to schedule with the Selection Committee in mind. DOUBLE DANG IT!

Oh well…today we are all ETSU BUCS FANS!

May the wind be at your back, you land-locked ship of Mountain Pirates!!

Fair winds and following seas

splice the mainbrace

FUBeAR
December 4th, 2021, 11:22 AM
Fair winds and following seas

splice the mainbraceYou should adopt a Mr. Chicken-like persona & only post in Nautical-Speak.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2021, 11:27 AM
You should adopt a Mr. Chicken-like persona & only post in Nautical-Speak.

lol

only one Mr Chicken but I do get all of his jokes and understand his accent

POD Knows
December 4th, 2021, 11:47 AM
I am telling you. If KSU comes to Fargo and both teams are running the ball well, this game will be over in and hour and 45 minutes. It will be the polar opposite of EWU and Montana. That game seemed like it took 5 hours to play.

ElCid
December 4th, 2021, 12:04 PM

I can't believe how nice the weather has been. It's been gorgeous in the mountains!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 4th, 2021, 12:30 PM
Whoever wins this game is capable of being a 4 quarter headache for NDSU. Really interested in this battle...

ETSU is located in one of my favorite parts of the country!

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2021, 01:14 PM
Do we have a dual threat QB? Yes. Do we have a dual threat line? No. Can’t get behind the sticks with penalties. Felt like we had momentum until the chop block.

Let’s go defense!!

ElCid
December 4th, 2021, 01:14 PM
ETSU locking down KSU early. Bucs D was ready.

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2021, 01:24 PM
KSU defense holds the Bucs. Gota see more out of the Owls on this drive.

MR. CHICKEN
December 4th, 2021, 01:26 PM
ETSU locking down KSU early. Bucs D was ready.

.....DOESN'T HURT...DEY'VE PLAYED THE CITADEL.......BAWK!

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2021, 01:28 PM
Fumbles not lost also suck. Bucs looking good on defense!

CobbFC09
December 4th, 2021, 01:29 PM
What an ugly second drive by the Owls.

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Defensive battle on our hands. Who gets the big play first??

ElCid
December 4th, 2021, 01:31 PM
All Defense so far.

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2021, 01:34 PM
X is shaken up…. Effing *****

wcugrad95
December 4th, 2021, 01:34 PM
Pretty fast 1st quarter. Big plays and mistakes will be the difference in this one.

Milktruck74
December 4th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Milktruck's Keys

for ETSU:

74 has to reestablish the LOS and push back the Owls C.
31 has to play downhill
1 and 8 need to find room early.

For KSU:

Win the LOS.
Keep ETSU's O off the field...Long Sustainsd Drives.

First Quarter update....

74 is blowing it up.
31 is on fire
1 & 8 are warming up...a bit slower start than I figured.

OwLs are not winning the LOS battle
Owls have been able to eat the clock.

Given these keys so far, I would have expected to see the Mountain Pirates up and starting to take early control.....but at 0-0 after 15...it's anybody's game.

CobbFC09
December 4th, 2021, 01:37 PM
Some notes thus far:

- Bit surprising to see a scoreless first quarter.
- ETSU band is loud and proud. Wonder how well it's picked up by the broadcast.
- X looks to have some kind of ankle knock. Good to see him walk off, but this isn't good.

FUBeAR
December 4th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Some notes thus far:

- X looks to have some kind of ankle knock. Good to see him walk off, but this isn't good.The band is RIDICULOUSLY LOUD on the broadcast. Can barely hear Announcers. Ambient mics need to be turned down or reduced in volume level.

Band sounds GREAT, but it’s ruining the broadcast.

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2021, 01:41 PM
Some notes thus far:

- X looks to have some kind of ankle knock. Good to see him walk off, but this isn't good.
Is the Owl band there? Just heard the chant on TV and was shocked to hear “Owls” instead of Bucs…. Those darn directional mics…

Murphy led us to our playoff win over Wofford. He’s the best backup we could ask for! Hope X is able to come back and do his thing, but I think Murphy settles in and gets us going!

Milktruck74
December 4th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Oh, I almost forgot the most important update on this game...after 15 mins of play

FuBear 9.5

Ksu_Owls 0

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Oh, I almost forgot the most important update on this game...after 15 mins of play

FuBear 9.5

Ksu_Owls 0
I think the first team to 10 wins lol FUbEAR is not rookie

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2021, 01:47 PM
If the Owls didn’t pick that ball off then blah blah

Now do we see how crazy hypothetical situations are? Hoping Murphy can find a grove and doesn’t make any dumb passes

BurialGround
Terrible throw by ETSU.

FUBeAR
Doubtful Owl band is there unless NCAA rules require Home Team to allow/accommodate such. ETSU would not allow Mercer’s full band to come and would not allow the Spirit Band to bring their instruments into the Stadium.

CobbFC09
December 4th, 2021, 01:49 PM
Is the Owl band there? Just heard the chant on TV and was shocked to hear “Owls” instead of Bucs…. Those darn directional mics…

Murphy led us to our playoff win over Wofford. He’s the best backup we could ask for! Hope X is able to come back and do his thing, but I think Murphy settles in and gets us going!
Yes, some (or all?) of the band is on the visitor side near the end zone where the INT just took place.