PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Fall Playoffs Round 2: Kennesaw State @ #7 East Tennessee State

Pages : 1 2 [3]

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2021, 02:10 PM
The Bison don’t need to worry about the Bucs passing game unless it is Holmes out of the backfield. Find #1, put two guys on him. Get pressure on the QB and he’s useless. Basically don’t sit back and play prevent cover 3 and the Bison will win by 50. Frankly, it’s embarassing the Owls couldn’t execute that simple of a game plan.

100% agreed on the FG decision. As an option team, we learned a painful lesson. Georgia Southern would have gone for it. KSU needs to get that killer mentality this offseason.

Yep, Bohanon was sighted at a Interstate Waffle House about an hour ago asking for directions to Newark, Delaware but state PD has orders to turn him around at state line

WeAreThePride
December 5th, 2021, 02:14 PM
Luck. That’s how it happens. Watch the game. The Owls dominated the second half. Scored 3 TDs and a FG on their 4 second half possessions. Quay Holmes is legit, but the Owls held him to under 100 yards rushing. He did kill us receiving out the backfield. All respect to Holmes. He’s a pro player.

KSU outgained the Bucs by 139 yards. 457-308.
Owls held the ball for 10 more minutes. 35-25
More first downs 23-19.

But…
we lost the turnover battle and penalties. 3-1 and 7-3. The Owls were punished for their lack of fundamentals. To quote Dennis Green and the greatest press conference of all time:

“They are who we thought they were. If you want to crown their asses, crown him. But we had them, and we let em off the hook.”
Maybe next time your team will focus on the game at hand, rather than booking their private booth at The Northern.

HootyHoo
December 5th, 2021, 02:16 PM
Yep, Bohanon was sighted at a Interstate Waffle House about an hour ago asking for directions to Newark, Delaware but state PD has orders to turn him around at state line

Frankly Delaware is a step down from KSU at this point. Unfortunate for such a proud program but two trips to the postseason in a decade isn’t going to get it done. No one cares about what you did 50 years ago.

HootyHoo
December 5th, 2021, 02:33 PM
I'd be interested to see the stats on the worst comeback loss NDSU has faced. To my memory, nearly all of our losses of the last decade did not involve a team surging back down multiple scores to beat us in the fourth quarter. Maybe South Dakota back when Carson got hurt in '15?

No, usually if we get beat, we get beat all game long. We dig ourselves a hole, and can't dig out of it.

Same with the Owls. Before yesterday the Owls were 59-1 when having a lead at the end of the 3rd quarter.

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2021, 03:20 PM
Quay Holmes is legit, but the Owls held him to under 100 yards rushing.The only thing that held Holmes down yesterday was the ETSU PlayCalling. To open the 2nd half, his number was called and he ripped off 4 runs averaging 13 yard a pop & scored the TD that put the Bucs ahead by 2 scores.

Then ETSU, apparently, forgot about him. He never carried the ball again and didn’t get even touch it until less than 5 minutes remained in the game, when, suddenly, ETSU’s Coaches remembered the SoCon OPOY was standing on their sidelines and hadn’t touched the ball in over 20 minutes of clock time. So, they threw it to him 5 times, including what became the game-winning TD.

The owlet D had nothing to do with containing Holmes. That’s all on ETSU’s Coaching Staff.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 5th, 2021, 03:30 PM
The only thing that held Holmes down yesterday was the ETSU PlayCalling. To open the 2nd half, his number was called and he ripped off 4 runs averaging 13 yard a pop & scored the TD that put the Bucs ahead by 2 scores.

Then ETSU, apparently, forgot about him. He never carried the ball again and didn’t get even touch it until less than 5 minutes remained in the game, when, suddenly, ETSU’s Coaches remembered the SoCon OPOY was standing on their sidelines and hadn’t touched the ball in over 20 minutes of clock time. So, they threw it to him 5 times, including what became the game-winning TD.

The owlet D had nothing to do with containing Holmes. That’s all on ETSU’s Coaching Staff.

Well if they're going to beat North Dakota State, a team I would consider to be FCS royalty, Holmes needs to be in every play the offense is on the field.

HootyHoo
December 5th, 2021, 03:45 PM
The only thing that held Holmes down yesterday was the ETSU PlayCalling. To open the 2nd half, his number was called and he ripped off 4 runs averaging 13 yard a pop & scored the TD that put the Bucs ahead by 2 scores.

Sorry Fubear, let me formally apologize. I forgot that KSU never does anything well such as “make adjustments” or “take away the opponent’s best player”.

Remember folks:
If KSU makes a good play. It’s the other team making an obvious mistake and no credit whatsoever is to be bestowed upon the Owls.

If the opponent makes a bad play against KSU. It is due to a coaching error, mental mistake by a player, or Mercury being in retrograde. Again, the Owls being on the field at the time of the mistake is just coincidence.

And if the Owls ever do manage to win a football game ever again. There will be several hypothetical situations that could’ve happened during the game which would have resulted in an Owl’s loss.

Do I have it right Fubear?

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2021, 03:50 PM
Frankly Delaware is a step down from KSU at this point. Unfortunate for such a proud program but two trips to the postseason in a decade isn’t going to get it done. No one cares about what you did 50 years ago.

CH will not forget this

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2021, 03:52 PM

xlolx Aren't you guys in the Big South or something?

HootyHoo
December 5th, 2021, 03:54 PM
CH will not forget this

Sorry Hen. Hooty’s in his feelings today. I like the Blue Hens. Just don’t take my coach.

HootyHoo
December 5th, 2021, 03:56 PM

We were. Now KSU is a member of the ASUN. It will be interesting to see how this new conference develops. Hopefully SLU can join the party.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2021, 03:58 PM
We were. Now KSU is a member of the ASUN. It will be interesting to see how this new conference develops. Hopefully SLU can join the party.

Gonna have to with the "good" teams already leaving.

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Sorry Fubear, let me formally apologize. I forgot that KSU never does anything well such as “make adjustments” or “take away the opponent’s best player”.

Remember folks:
If KSU makes a good play. It’s the other team making an obvious mistake and no credit whatsoever is to be bestowed upon the Owls.

If the opponent makes a bad play against KSU. It is due to a coaching error, mental mistake by a player, or Mercury being in retrograde. Again, the Owls being on the field at the time of the mistake is just coincidence.

And if the Owls ever do manage to win a football game ever again. There will be several hypothetical situations that could’ve happened during the game which would have resulted in an Owl’s loss.

Do I have it right Fubear?Unless KSU has successfully mastered Vulcan Mind Control, you are kinda right with regard to whether or not KSU ‘held down’ Holmes. There’s no other way to give the KSU D ‘credit’ for ETSU choosing not to hand / pitch him the ball ever again after he totally gashed the owlet D on that 1st drive of the 2nd half.

https://twitter.com/etsufootball/status/1467235346974969860
”Get off me, little bird!”

To opine otherwise is just an extension of the same delusory mindset that had you booking your flights, hotel rooms, and avian hookers in Fargo to watch the RafterRosters dominate the bizuns.

HootyHoo
December 5th, 2021, 04:08 PM
Unless KSU has successfully mastered Vulcan Mind Control, you are kinda right with regard to whether or not KSU ‘held down’ Holmes. There’s no other way to give the KSU D ‘credit’ for ETSU choosing not to hand / pitch him the ball ever again after he totally gashed them on that 1st drive of the 2nd half.

To opine otherwise is just an extension of the same delusory mindset that had you booking your flights, hotel rooms, and avian hookers in Fargo to watch the RafterRosters dominate the bizuns.

AVIAN HOOKERS 😂😂😂 thank you Fubear, Hooty needed that. I agree that ETSU should’ve fed Holmes toss sweeps all day. But KSU did a great job in the 2nd half of not letting the Bucs get in a rhythm on offense. We held the ball, limited their opportunities, and pressured the QB into bad decisions (I.e not throwing Holmes). Why did KSU go prevent the last 5 minutes? Hooty will never know.

POD Knows
December 5th, 2021, 04:15 PM
They have the best defense in the FCS. Fact and everybody knows and acknowledges it

ElCid
December 5th, 2021, 04:17 PM
LMFAO. listening to the announcers after the game. “#1 defense in the FCS they have proven that in how they performed and how they are viewed”. Oh please. How they are viewed? Anybody out there in AGS land view or fear that defense as #1.

Most of these announcers are idiots who like to hear themselves talk.