PDA

View Full Version : Best 1st round game?

Schism55
November 21st, 2021, 12:07 PM
Who ya got?

UNI at EWU for me.

Daytripper
November 21st, 2021, 12:09 PM
I'm interested in SFA @ UIW. Lots of points.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2021, 12:16 PM
SIU/USD

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2021, 12:36 PM
Who ya got?

UNI at EWU for me.

WIU lost to EWU by 6
WIU lost to UNI by 38

UNI over EWU by 32 confirmed

luckyintheorder
November 21st, 2021, 12:48 PM
Who ya got?

UNI at EWU for me.

Agreed. UNI has a good team.

katss07
November 21st, 2021, 12:48 PM
UNI at Eastern, no question

kalm
November 21st, 2021, 01:33 PM
WIU lost to EWU by 6
WIU lost to UNI by 38

Oh. Damn.

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2021, 01:53 PM
Oh. Damn.
There's already another game involving EWU and WIU that kills that argument, but whatever. lol

putter
November 21st, 2021, 02:20 PM
WIU lost to EWU by 6
WIU lost to UNI by 38

Ha Ha, I wish that logic worked. It would have helped Montana's cause.

I have UNI - Eastern as well

Utgrizfan
November 21st, 2021, 02:36 PM
Going to go with an odd pick:

Davidson @ Kennesaw State

Was Army for 8 years and my dad went to the Naval Academy so I grew up watching Triple Option football. Both of these schools are Triple Option teams and the Service Academy games tend to be a close so there's potential for that occurring here as well. Honestly the best matchup Davidson could have asked for since they don't have to prepare as much as other schools would have. This also helps out ETSU as they now get two weeks to prepare for the Triple Option.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2021, 02:39 PM
Ha Ha, I wish that logic worked. It would have helped Montana's cause.

I have UNI - Eastern as well

Right, transitive property gets WIU (and nearly all MVFC teams, Montana, Eastern Washington, etc.) a win over Ohio State...so obviously that doesn't work. Still funny to consider.
It should be a good game and I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Outsider1
November 21st, 2021, 02:43 PM
SFA vs UIW no doubt. UIW has grown into an offensive beast, but SFA has also steadily grown offensively and defensively. Can SFA halt the UIW passing game. Also, with UIW coming into the WAC, and SFA and old member of the SLC, it will be fun to watch going into the future of the WAC and others as the realignment plays out.

BurialGround
November 21st, 2021, 02:56 PM
Going to go with an odd pick:

Davidson @ Kennesaw State

Was Army for 8 years and my dad went to the Naval Academy so I grew up watching Triple Option football. Both of these schools are Triple Option teams and the Service Academy games tend to be a close so there's potential for that occurring here as well. Honestly the best matchup Davidson could have asked for since they don't have to prepare as much as other schools would have. This also helps out ETSU as they now get two weeks to prepare for the Triple Option.

Well, our playoff games in '18 and '19 against Wofford were close, largely for that reason. Both teams were so familiar with each other's offense that they effectively canceled each other out.

The difference is that those Wofford teams were vastly more talented and battle-tested than this Davidson team, with actual scholarship players and all that noise.

If KSU doesn't win by 5 TDs (and I'd say by even more than that, but this game might not even last long enough for us to score 40), then we might as well not even head over to Johnson City for the second round matchup against ETSU.

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2021, 03:01 PM
SFA vs UIW no doubt. UIW has grown into an offensive beast, but SFA has also steadily grown offensively and defensively. Can SFA halt the UIW passing game. Also, with UIW coming into the WAC, and SFA and old member of the SLC, it will be fun to watch going into the future of the WAC and others as the realignment plays out.

Beware of the Bermuda Triangle. UIW is a different animal at home and weird things happen there. If Cameron Ward is on, get ready for a shootout — he'll make throws you usually see on Sundays. They're much more talented physically than the last time the Lumberjacks played them, and I'm sure vice versa.