PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-20

JALMOND
November 18th, 2021, 12:39 AM
Final week and Rivalry Week. Time to throw out all the records and just play the game. The conference still has two teams that are undefeated and both teams play their fierce rivals on the road so some excellent matchups out there. Anything can happen which is why I was glad to get a perfect week last week because I don't think I can do it this week. I am at 65-20 for the year, but anything goes this weekend. Here are the predictions. Have fun.

EWU at PSU---The Dam Cup. Both the Eagles and the Vikings have a couple high powered offenses and both have some suspect defenses. The Eagles are hoping for a good win to get a possible seed. The Vikings are just playing spoiler after losing last week. Can they spoil the Eagles chance? Oh, what the hell..PSU 48, EWU 46.

UI at ISU---The Battle of the Domes. This has no bearing on the playoffs as both the Vandals and the Bengals are playing for sport. The Vandals gave a good game to Montana State last week and the Bengals beat UC Divis in their barn earlier in the year. Not much to play for, but still a good rivalry game...ISU 23, UI 21.

MSU at UM---The Brawl of the Wild. Bragging rights up for grabs in the state of Montana. The Bobcats would love to finish off an undefeated year and the Grizzlies would love to give them their only loss. The Grizzlies have looked strong the last two games, but the Bobcats have looked strong all year...MSU 21, UM 18.

NAU at CP---The Mustangs finally broke through and put together a great game last week at home. They get one more game at home against a reeling Lumberjacks team that hasn't looked good the last two games since having their playoff chances squashed. But the Lumberjacks should get this one, right?...CP 24, NAU 21.

UNC at WSU---The Bears had an extra week to prepare for this one and done game. The Wildcats released some frustration last week on the road after having the door close on their playoff chances. Did the Bears stay focused on the one game left or did they check out? Wildcats get to release more frustration...WSU 45, UNC 17.

SAC at UCD---The Causeway Classic. So much riding on this fierce rivalry game as the Hornets are looking to remain undefeated in conference and the Aggies would love to finish the season strong. The Aggies have been the forgotten team in the conference but that might change here,,,UCD 25, SAC 23.

Good luck to all teams this final week. Give them a good show. xthumbsupx

mvemjsunpx
November 18th, 2021, 01:20 AM
EWU 38-28 Portland St. — The Eags looked rejuvenated in the second half against Davis

NAU 28-20 Cal Poly — NAU is the better team, but I have no idea which of their QBs are going to play

Sac State 37-27 Davis — The Aggies are probably a lock for the playoffs (destination, Missoula?), but I'm not sure they should be

Idalol 24-27 Idalol St. — Will Idaho finally let Paul Petrino die?

NoCo 3-20 Weber — Weber can't finish 0-5 at home, can they?

Montana St. 20-10 Montana — The Griz have played worse in each successive home game xdontknowx

bonarae
November 18th, 2021, 01:49 AM
EWU
CP
Sac
Vandals
Weber State
Montana State

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2021, 03:27 AM
EWU - They're finally back to rolling on offense after their OC g̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶ resigned.
NAU - No real reason, I think both of these teams are bad.
Sac State - I don't think Davis is all that good and have been inflated in the rankings all season. Sac, meanwhile, has been underrated all season.
Idaho - See my reasoning for the 2nd game.
Weber - They suck at home, but come on, it's UNCO.
msu - Montana has lost to the only teams with a winning record we've faced this season, our offense has been dog**** for 75% of the season, we're still on our 4th string RB, and MSU is a matchup nightmare for us.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2021, 03:38 AM
EWU - They're finally back to rolling on offense after their OC g̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶ resigned.
NAU - No real reason, I think both of these teams are bad.
Sac State - I don't think Davis is all that good and have been inflated in the rankings all season. Sac, meanwhile, has been underrated all season.
Idaho - See my reasoning for the 2nd game.
Weber - They suck at home, but come on, it's UNCO.
msu - Montana has lost to the only teams with a winning record we've faced this season, our offense has been dog**** for 75% of the season, we're still on our 4th string RB, and MSU is a matchup nightmare for us.

i think you see UC Davis for what they are

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2021, 03:41 AM
i think you see UC Davis for what they are
Yeah, they got smoked by the only decent FCS team they've played so far this season, and haven't played another conference team with a winning record.

Iridebikes
November 18th, 2021, 08:22 AM
Its been a great season. There are a lot of really good teams in the Big sky this year.

EWU got back on track last week on both sides of the ball. EWU 48 - PSU 17.
Idaho State will beat Idaho. It seems that the Vandals play to the level of their competition.
Montana State will beat Montana.
Cal Poly beats Northern Arizona. They know what winning feels like now and will want some more of it.
Weber State beats Northern Colorado.
UCD will beat Sac State. Home field for the Aggies and Sac State has had such a soft schedule who knows how good they may be.

wapiti
November 18th, 2021, 10:06 AM
Montana State 28 @ Montana 17 --- Cat/Griz The Griz struggled for wins in their last 2 home games against weak opponents, but then easily took the W on 2 road games. Which Griz team is going to show up??? The Cat's have been fairly consistent this season, but struggled for a W at home last weekend. If the Cat's play up to their potential it will not matter which Griz team shows up.

Idaho 17 @ Idaho State 14 --- Another in-state rival game. The weaker team is hosting and Idaho has yet to win a road game this season.

Northern Colorado 13 @ Weber State 42 The BBQ should have another win this weekend to get them to the 6 win level.

Sac State 32 @ UC Davis 28 --- The Causeway Classic. Less than a 30 minute drive between these 2 schools. Two top teams going at it.

Eastern Washington 38 @ Portland State 24 --- Portland state playing for pride. EWU playing for a seed. I see PSU struggling to hold back EWU's offense.

Northern Arizona 21 @ Cal Poly 24 --- Who will be playing QB for NAU?? If it is their 3rd string then CP will be the favorite.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2021, 06:03 PM
Yeah, they got smoked by the only decent FCS team they've played so far this season, and haven't played another conference team with a winning record.

Yep, UC Davis is no good

BlueGoldAg
November 20th, 2021, 10:00 PM
Yep, UC Davis is no good

Hmmm...8-3 overall with loses to AGS #5 EWU and today against AGS #13 Sac State who has been wildly underrated all season, just won the Big Sky title outright and may well be the best team in the Big Sky...not too shabby really...