PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fitzpatrick Traded to Bengals

Ivytalk
September 4th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick was traded to Cincinnati by the Rams for a draft pick. He'll take Doug Johnson's spot on the roster as #2 behind Carson Palmer.

OhioHen
September 4th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick was traded to Cincinnati by the Rams for a draft pick. He'll take Doug Johnson's spot on the roster as #2 behind Carson Palmer.

The addition of Fitzpatrick puts three Ivy Leaguers on the Bengals roster.
Also on the team -- RB Clifton Dawson (Harvard) and TE Nate Lawrie (Yale).

And the team president, Mike Brown, played QB at Dartmouth.

From the Cincinnati Enquirer article this morning:
"I couldn't tell you," Fitzpatrick said when asked about the effect three Ivy League alums will have on the Bengals roster. "But I can tell you the Harvard guys are probably smarter than the Yale guy."

brownbear
September 6th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I believe there are only 13 players in the NFL that came out of Ivy League Schools. The Bengals have 3, and the Giants also have 3: Zak DeOssie (LB - Brown), Kevin Boothe (G - Cornell), and Jim Finn (FB - Penn).

Also, it's neat that Dawson and Fitzpatrick are on the same team since they were the QB-RB combo at Harvard for two years. There can't be many former teammates on the same NFL team, and especially coming from schools where few players come from.

Smendy
September 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Finn is IR (he won't play this season), but he's still on the Giants' expanded roster and, more importantly for him, he's getting paid in full this season xpeacex