PDA

View Full Version : AGS Playoff Bracket Challenge - Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
November 14th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Well, we are one week away from knowing who will be playing for a championship, and who will be getting ready for next year.

I thought it would be fun this year to have our own Playoff Bracket Challenge. Heck, if Hero Sports can do it, so can we.

To facilitate this, I am asking anyone who wishes to play to reply to this thread with “I’m in!”.

How to Play the Bracket Challenge

After I see that you are in, and soon after the bracket has been revealed, I will send a PM with a personalized link to a bracket (it is this bracket that needs to be filled out).

To complete the bracket, simply go to the gray boxes and type in scores for each game. Each bracket will autofill with teams as scores are picked, but double-check each line to make sure the team you picked is listed properly.

The deadline is 1 hr before the start of the first playoff game, and at that point, the links to the sheets will no longer be active. Whatever you have entered at that time will be your submission. I will then compile all submissions into a single Google Sheet where scoring will be kept (and updated as game results come in), and everybody’s brackets will be available for viewing.

How the Bracket Challenge will be Scored

As for scoring, there are three criteria that will apply. The first is simply whether or not the correct team was picked. The second is how close your predicted score for each team was to the actual score for each team. The third is how close your predicted margin of victory was from the actual margin of victory.

1. Picking winners (points for correct winner per round):

5 pt (1st Round)
10 pt (2nd round)
15 pt (Quarterfinals)
20 pt (Semifinals)
25 pt (Championship)

2. Score prediction (points per score difference):

1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 pt (depending on round) - within 21-25 points of actual score
2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 pt (depending on round) - within 16-20 points of actual score
3, 6, 9, 12, or 15 pt (depending on round) - within 11-15 points of actual score
4, 8, 12, 16, or 20 pt (depending on round) - within 6-10 points of actual score
5, 10, 15, 20, or 25 pt (depending on round) - within 0-5 points of actual score

3. Margin prediction (points per margin difference):

1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 pt (depending on round) - within 21-25 points of score margin
2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 pt (depending on round) - within 16-20 points of score margin
3, 6, 9, 12, or 15 pt (depending on round) - within 11-15 points of score margin
4, 8, 12, 16, or 20 pt (depending on round) - within 6-10 points of score margin
5, 10, 15, 20, or 25 pt (depending on round) - within 0-5 points of score margin

Thus, the overall winner will be the player with the highest score combination of most accurately picking (1) winners, (2) the game scores, and (3) the score margin for each game. If, for example, if one had predicted the following from the Quarterfinals of the 2019 FCS Bracket...

Prediction: Weber State 31 Montana 38
Actual Result: Weber State 17 Montana 10

Based on the above prediction and game result, this player would have scored 9 points for this game (out of 45 possible):

1. Winner - This individual would have received 0 points (out of 15 possible) for the winner due to an incorrect pick.

2. Score prediction - This individual would have received 0 points (out of 15 possible) for the score prediction, because the score prediction was 42 points off from the actual score (|31-17|+|38-10|=14+28=42).

3. Margin prediction - This individual would have received 9 points, because the margin prediction would have been 14 points off from the actual margin (7 in favor of Montana vs. 7 in favor of Weber State).

Thus, a player can still score points and be in the game, even if their picks go down in the 1st or 2nd round. Likewise, a player can separate themself from the pack by being an accurate score predictor.

Again, if interested, reply in this thread with “I’m in!”, and once the bracket is set, I will send you the link to your individual bracket via PM. Also, be sure that you can receive PM’s (i.e., your inbox/sent items are not full). Good luck and happy picking!

Daytripper
November 14th, 2021, 12:56 PM
I'm in.

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2021, 01:03 PM
I'm in.

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2021, 01:10 PM
In

POD Knows
November 14th, 2021, 01:12 PM
I’m in.

MSUDuo
November 14th, 2021, 01:12 PM
I'm in

SpreadTheWord
November 14th, 2021, 01:15 PM
I'm in.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2021, 01:30 PM
I'm in

GoBlueHens83
November 14th, 2021, 01:33 PM
In

CockyGeek
November 14th, 2021, 02:39 PM
In it to win it

RabidRabbit
November 14th, 2021, 02:52 PM
I'm in

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

grizband
November 14th, 2021, 02:57 PM
I'm in

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HootyHoo
November 14th, 2021, 03:07 PM
I'm in.

NY Crusader 2010
November 14th, 2021, 03:26 PM
In

JacksFan40
November 14th, 2021, 04:29 PM
I’m in

HensRock
November 14th, 2021, 05:01 PM
I'm in

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 14th, 2021, 05:13 PM
I'm in

Chalupa Batman
November 14th, 2021, 06:38 PM
I’m in

MSUWineGuy
November 14th, 2021, 08:10 PM
I. Am in.

mvfcfan
November 14th, 2021, 09:14 PM
I'm in.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2021, 09:36 PM
I'm in

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2021, 09:43 PM
I'm in

wapiti
November 14th, 2021, 09:47 PM
I'm in

bobcathpdevil56
November 14th, 2021, 09:55 PM
I’m in

ming01
November 14th, 2021, 10:33 PM
Im in

ElCid
November 14th, 2021, 10:39 PM
I'm in.

Puddin Tane
November 14th, 2021, 10:45 PM
Im in

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2021, 10:48 PM
I'm in and ready to finish mid-table, like previous iterations.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

taper
November 15th, 2021, 12:09 AM
I'm in.

MTfan4life
November 15th, 2021, 12:40 AM
Ummmmmm????

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?165233-2014-AGS-Bracket-Challenge
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?178383-2015-AGS-Bracket-Challenge
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?189222-2016-AGS-Bracket-Challenge
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?199266-2017-AGS-Playoff-Pick-em-Contest
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?218521-2018-AGS-PLAYOFF-PICK-EM-CONTEST
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?241169-2019-AGS-PLAYOFF-PICK-EM-CONTEST-(Round-1)

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2021, 08:03 AM
In

OhioHen
November 15th, 2021, 08:14 AM
I'm in because every game needs a designated bottom feeder.

dewey
November 15th, 2021, 08:17 AM
I’m in!

Dewey

Preferred Walk-On
November 15th, 2021, 08:20 AM
ROUND ONE PICKS: https://...

It's finally that time of year again! The 2019 FCS Playoffs are upon us. This will once again be a pick'em contest, rather than a one-time bracket submission. Yes, brackets are fun, but they're so very much work on my end. AND, someone can just submit a bracket today, disappear for the month, and still win this contest. We need CLICKS on this website, man! Poor ursus needs a quality shelter for winter hibernation! ;)

However, there will be a slight change this year starting in the round of 8. From that point, you will be predicting not just the quarterfinals, but also the semis and championship.

Here is the link for the picks for Round 1: https://...

I know it has become a staple in my pick'em challenges the last couple years, but there will be no bonus questions. At least not for this week. The scoring margin usage this year should be enough to separate the monarchs from the serfs.

Scoring:
10 points for every correct pick.
Bonus structure:
If less than 1/2 correctly picked game, 2.5 extra points.
If less than 1/3, 5 extra
Less than 1/5, 7.5 extra
Less than 1/10, 10 extra

Deduction structure.
Your score will be deducted by 0.1 for each 1 point your score is off from the predicted margin of victory. That's only if you predict the correct winner. Any incorrect prediction will be worth 0 points.

I apologize if this doesn't make sense. I waited until the very last minute to think this up, haha.

Scoring procedure (Scoring will be different this season. I still need to debate what I want to do. This will be updated before the first game. However, you will be rewarded for picking upsets. (Or at least having correctly picked a game less than 50% picked.) Of course, sometimes there are no upsets. (See the 2nd round last season.) There will be a couple prizes. You get like a banner below your name, and then also something of additional worth. To earn those, you need to be a consistent poster/user on here. I think we've set the minimum at 100 posts in the past. However ANYBODY with a profile can participate. You can still win bragging rights as a prize and nothing chaps the ass of a full year poster quite like a Novemberist coming in and beating them at one of their games! ;) xlolx

GAME ON.

OH I forgot. If you submit picks, please say so in this thread! That will keep this on the front page so every one can see. Also, that will allow me to review who has entered the contest! Thank you!

Thanks for pointing that out. I was aware, as I have participated a couple of times in the past. I had planned on participating in your "Playoff Pick 'Em" this year as well, and I had fully expected you would host one.

The difference (from what I had remembered prior to you posting links to threads) is that yours is a week-to-week "Pick 'Em" (with the quarterfinals->final modification you made in 2019). This one is a "Bracket Challenge" with a submit a complete bracket and see what happens approach (kind of like what you mention above). This would be akin to the two different survival games being hosted this season...same principle, different methodologies.

Not trying to s*** on anyone else's turf here, so if it is helpful, I am happy to bow out and defer to the "Playoff Pick 'Em" game.

BigBlueMU
November 15th, 2021, 09:00 AM
I'm in.

Preferred Walk-On
November 15th, 2021, 09:22 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. I was aware, as I have participated a couple of times in the past. I had planned on participating in your "Playoff Pick 'Em" this year as well, and I had fully expected you would host one.

The difference (from what I had remembered prior to you posting links to threads) is that yours is a week-to-week "Pick 'Em" (with the quarterfinals->final modification you made in 2019). This one is a "Bracket Challenge" with a submit a complete bracket and see what happens approach (kind of like what you mention above). This would be akin to the two different survival games being hosted this season...same principle, different methodologies.

Not trying to s*** on anyone else's turf here, so if it is helpful, I am happy to bow out and defer to the "Playoff Pick 'Em" game.

Actually, it could be real interesting to a player playing both games. They would have submitted a bracket, and I presume would also use that as the basis for picks/scores in the 1st round. Beyond that, it would be interesting to note how (much) their picks/scores change (or do not) for subsequent rounds. Not sure how one would track that exactly, but would be interesting. A summary of each week maybe between the two games. Just a thought.

ST_Lawson
November 15th, 2021, 11:20 AM
I'm in

Catbooster
November 15th, 2021, 11:48 AM
If we do both this bracket and Lance's playoff pick-em, I'll do both. In brackets I'm usually out of the running after the first round anyway xembarrassedx The pick-em would give me something else to keep me busy and try for a mediocre finish xthumbsupx

Pitz
November 15th, 2021, 11:59 AM
I'm in!

atthewbon
November 15th, 2021, 12:35 PM
I’m in

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2021, 12:39 PM
If we do both this bracket and Lance's playoff pick-em, I'll do both. In brackets I'm usually out of the running after the first round anyway xembarrassedx The pick-em would give me something else to keep me busy and try for a mediocre finish xthumbsupx

both for me as well

McNeese75
November 15th, 2021, 01:13 PM
I'm In

Roamingriz
November 15th, 2021, 01:17 PM
I'm in

Carolina010
November 15th, 2021, 11:07 PM
I’m in

MTfan4life
November 16th, 2021, 03:47 AM

The official AGS contest I've run actually was a "Bracket Challenge" from 2011 to 2016. We switched in 2017, because A. It was a **** ton of work. and B. It often eliminated most of the people very quickly. Further explanation from the switch in 2017:
We're trying things a little bit different this season for several reasons. The main reason is that once we get to the last couple weeks, most of the people who entered are out of the running for the top prizes. The bracket is great fun and filling one out just feels right when you're paying attention to some sort of playoff competition. I think a week-by-week contest would provide much more of a battle, though. That way if you pick a major upset early on, you're not completely out of the running.

I get that you're not intending to impede on someone's turf or anything. It just threw me off to see someone post "AGS Playoff Bracket Challenge" 7 days before the bracket is even revealed without even trying to reach out to the people who normally have operated the playoff contests on here. Typically there's been some sort of a pecking order for this sort of thing. If you want to run a bracket challenge without asking, just call it a bracket challenge. All I know is I would probably have preferred some sort of conversation before just blindly doling out the AGS moniker on the contest. We've often had prizes and badges for the official AGS contests. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to do things like this...just make sure to talk to the people in charge before you do so. xtwocentsx

Preferred Walk-On
November 16th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Since I think I figured out how to design a personalized bracket that will autofill with the actual team information on Sunday, I figured I'd start sending out links to the personalized brackets (one less thing to do on Sunday, allows you to verify access, and allows you to play around with it a bit if you like). After the bracket is announced on Sunday, I will fill in the teams/records on a master sheet, and your bracket will update and auto-populate with the actual teams. I expect this to occur sometime within an hour of the completion of the selection show.

This post is just to let you know to expect a PM from me sometime before tomorrow evening, and for those of you interested in playing (and have not already indicated so), just post in this thread with an "I'm in.", and I'll get you a bracket entry.

Disclaimer: The prize for winning this game is pride and the satisfaction of a job well done.

Also, I encourage everyone to be on the lookout for and enter to play the upcoming official 2021 AGS Playoff Pick'Em Contest hosted by MTfan4life.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2021, 04:08 PM
Since I think I figured out how to design a personalized bracket that will autofill with the actual team information on Sunday, I figured I'd start sending out links to the personalized brackets (one less thing to do on Sunday, allows you to verify access, and allows you to play around with it a bit if you like). After the bracket is announced on Sunday, I will fill in the teams/records on a master sheet, and your bracket will update and auto-populate with the actual teams. I expect this to occur sometime within an hour of the completion of the selection show.

This post is just to let you know to expect a PM from me sometime before tomorrow evening, and for those of you interested in playing (and have not already indicated so), just post in this thread with an "I'm in.", and I'll get you a bracket entry.

Disclaimer: The prize for winning this game is pride and the satisfaction of a job well done.

Also, I encourage everyone to be on the lookout for and enter to play the upcoming official 2021 AGS Playoff Pick'Em Contest hosted by MTfan4life.

We will have both versions. MTFan just wanted his pound of flesh, to get his beak wet, to make sure the family order stays well in place. xlolx

We got both so we'll double our fun my man. You will also get a "Playa" badge and a $50 gift card I can purchase online if you win this official AGS contest run by PWO as well as MTFan's pick em' playoff as per the last however many years it has been around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0DRqdFP6rk

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Ummmmmm????

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?165233-2014-AGS-Bracket-Challenge
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?178383-2015-AGS-Bracket-Challenge
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?189222-2016-AGS-Bracket-Challenge
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?199266-2017-AGS-Playoff-Pick-em-Contest
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?218521-2018-AGS-PLAYOFF-PICK-EM-CONTEST
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?241169-2019-AGS-PLAYOFF-PICK-EM-CONTEST-(Round-1)

I actually went down memory lane with a few of those old pick em threads.... good times!

Lots of work

much appreciated

Preferred Walk-On
November 16th, 2021, 05:10 PM
Just a quick note to let everybody know that I have sent out links to personalized brackets for everyone who posted "I'm in." in this thread. This was done through PM.

If you did not receive your bracket, it is likely due to your PM box being full. You can either clean out your PM a bit and send me a message, or if I do not hear from you by later this evening, I will send an email to the address you have listed for AGS.

Currently, the brackets will simply say "Team X"; however, once the official bracket is released, I will update those with actual teams/records. Also, please verify that your link works AND that the bracket is actually yours (i.e., I did not mix it up with another member's bracket).

Preferred Walk-On
November 16th, 2021, 09:55 PM

Tried to send you a link to your bracket, and...

"Catbooster has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Also, you do not have a link to send an email to on AGS, so I cannot send it that way either.

Please let me know a suitable means to privately send you a bracket link.

NOLA
November 16th, 2021, 10:47 PM
Can we still get in? I'm going to lose but it will keep me following all the games.

paward
November 16th, 2021, 10:50 PM
I am in!

bob12
November 16th, 2021, 11:20 PM
I'm in

Karl Havoc
November 17th, 2021, 12:07 AM
I’m in.

Catbooster
November 17th, 2021, 01:16 AM
Tried to send you a link to your bracket, and...

"Catbooster has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Also, you do not have a link to send an email to on AGS, so I cannot send it that way either.

Please let me know a suitable means to privately send you a bracket link.
Cleared out a bunch of PM's. Should be fine now. Thanks

Katfan
November 17th, 2021, 06:29 AM
I’m in

THE DANIMAL
November 17th, 2021, 08:07 AM
I’m in

Mfergy4
November 17th, 2021, 08:58 AM
I'm In

Preferred Walk-On
November 17th, 2021, 09:36 AM
Can we still get in? I'm going to lose but it will keep me following all the games.

Tried to send you a personalized bracket link, but this occurred...

"NOLA has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Please let me know a way to send you the link privately.

crusader11
November 17th, 2021, 10:27 AM
I'm in.

McNeese75
November 17th, 2021, 02:51 PM
In

Preferred Walk-On
November 17th, 2021, 03:28 PM
In

Saw you were "In" previously and sent you a link to your bracket via PM. Please let me know if you did not receive it.

NOLA
November 17th, 2021, 06:36 PM
I turned on the private messages.

bonarae
November 17th, 2021, 09:31 PM
I'm in after I contemplated the past few days...

footballer23
November 17th, 2021, 09:53 PM
I'm in.

Preferred Walk-On
November 18th, 2021, 01:24 PM
Since ursus has given the go-ahead for awarding a prize to the winner of this contest, there are a couple of stipulations that go along with that.

The minimum that has traditionally been put into place for these types of contests is that the participant (1) has been an AGS member for at least one year, (2) is regularly active on the discussion forum, and (3) has 100+ posts. These requirements will be put into place for prize eligibility for this contest.

As for participation itself, any and all AGS members are welcome to play, even if you don’t meet the requirements to be awarded the physical prize. If you win but are not eligible for the prize, you will still have bragging rights over many who are self-proclaimed experts on the FCS xeyebrowx...and there will probably be a small prize coming your way as well.

Finally, I think I have created a bracket and sent the link to everyone that has replied “I’m in.” (or some variation thereof) in this thread. If you cannot access your link for some reason, please let me know. I am able to play IT guy for a bit, but as the submission deadline (1 hr before 1st game on Nov 27) gets closer, it will be more difficult to address any access issues. Please access (and try out) your form earlier rather than later.

MR. CHICKEN
November 18th, 2021, 03:32 PM
AH'M IN

Griz23
November 18th, 2021, 03:37 PM
I'm in.

FCSbuff319
November 20th, 2021, 11:11 PM
I'm in.

mvemjsunpx
November 20th, 2021, 11:27 PM
I'm in

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2021, 11:30 PM
In

MTfan4life
November 21st, 2021, 03:39 AM
I'm in.

katss07
November 21st, 2021, 05:00 AM
I’m in

Preferred Walk-On
November 21st, 2021, 12:02 PM
Bracket is now auto-filled and ready for everyone. If you see any mistakes, please let me know.

If you wish to participate and have not replied "I'm in.", please do so. We currently have 56 players with brackets, and I am happy to accommodate as many as we can get to play.

Finally, the deadline will be 11 AM EST on Nov 27 (brackets will be locked then), as the first game starts at 12 PM. Again, you just need to fill out the scores for each game, and the teams will auto-fill. Thanks for your interest in playing, and if you have any questions, please PM me or post them. Good luck!

KsawOwls
November 21st, 2021, 03:57 PM
I’m in

Preferred Walk-On
November 23rd, 2021, 09:53 AM
I figured I'd bump this, just in case anyone else wanted to play.

Since this is Thanksgiving week and it takes a bit of work on the front end to generate/distribute personalized brackets, I am setting a deadline of Thu, Nov 25 @ 11:59 PM to let me know if you want to play (i.e., reply "I'm in." in this thread). I cannot guarantee I will get to any others after this.

The above deadline is not to be confused with the deadline for having picks selected in your personalized bracket, which is 10 AM CST on Sat, Nov 27 (or one hour before the start of the first playoff game).

We currently have 58 participants, and there is plenty of room for more.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2021, 10:53 AM
Seems like the drop off in the number of participants over the past few years matches up with the drop in the poll voters

Where did everyone go?

TheValleyRaider
November 23rd, 2021, 05:41 PM
I'm in

taper
November 23rd, 2021, 05:50 PM
Seems like the drop off in the number of participants over the past few years matches up with the drop in the poll voters

Where did everyone go?
The Sunbelt.

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 24th, 2021, 07:30 AM
I'm in

Anthony215
November 24th, 2021, 07:54 AM
I'm in

putter
November 24th, 2021, 09:05 AM
In

Preferred Walk-On
November 24th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Just for fun, since we have about 1/2 the picks in, I figured I'd do a little data mining to see the consensus on picks (without identifying who actually made the picks). You can view these by clicking the link below. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tH17cKnvaRtIOggKdlDs73htikgHfdwL5HAPACAazH0/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: This document will also auto-update as more picks come in.

Preferred Walk-On
November 24th, 2021, 02:00 PM
Just so you know that I am receiving data entered from your brackets, the following have entered scores (picks) through the national championship game. NOTE: These are all still completely editable and will be until 10 AM CST on Sat, Nov 27.

atthewbon
BigBlueMU
bobcathpdevil56
bonarae
caribbeanhen
Carolina010
Chalupa Batman
CockyGeek
crusader11
Daytripper
ElCid
Go Lehigh TU owl
GoBlueHens83
HensRock
HootyHoo
Katfan
katss07
ming01
MSUDuo
MSUWineGuy
mvfcfan
OhioHen
paward
Pitz
POD Knows
Preferred Walk-On
Professor Chaos
Puddin Tane
putter
ST_Lawson
taper
TheValleyRaider
wapiti

mvfcfan
November 25th, 2021, 04:20 PM
I think I commented "I am in" already, but I finalized all of my picks today.

Libertine
November 25th, 2021, 07:04 PM
I'm in.

Hambone
November 25th, 2021, 09:05 PM
I'm in if I still can get in.

Catbooster
November 26th, 2021, 01:00 AM
Done

Drblankstare
November 26th, 2021, 06:53 AM
I’m in

dgtw
November 26th, 2021, 07:13 AM
I’m in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSUBobcat
November 26th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Done. And don't feel good about many after the first round. This may get ugly.

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2021, 10:53 AM
Just a quick update. We currently have 66 players, of which 44 have completed their bracket (but can still edit) and of which 3 have incomplete brackets (made some picks, but missing a few).

The 44 completed brackets are from:

atthewbon
BigBlueMU
Bisonator
bobcathpdevil56
bonarae
caribbeanhen
Carolina010
Catbooster
Chalupa Batman
CockyGeek
crusader11
Daytripper
ElCid
footballer23
Go Lehigh TU owl
GoBlueHens83
Griz23
HensRock
HootyHoo
JacksFan40
JSUSoutherner
Katfan
katss07
KsawOwls
Libertine
ming01
MSUBobcat
MSUDuo
MSUWineGuy
mvfcfan
NOLA
OhioHen
paward
Pitz
POD Knows
Preferred Walk-On
Professor Chaos
Puddin Tane
putter
ST_Lawson
taper
THE DANIMAL
TheValleyRaider
wapiti

The 3 incomplete brackets are from (just to remind you to take a look at yours):

Anthony215
Mfergy4
RabidRabbit

Again, the deadline for entering scores/picks is 10 AM on Sat, Nov 27 (tomorrow morning). Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving, and looking forward to the games this weekend.

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2021, 11:35 AM
Since I am running, scoring, and participating in the Playoff Bracket Challenge, I want to make sure it is above board and that there is full transparency for the bracket I have submitted. Therefore, I am posting it below (and you will be able to see this same bracket on the official form when the link to the contest in my signature goes live):

1st Round
Stephen F. Austin 35 @ Incarnate Word 43
Tennessee-Martin 20 @ Missouri State 37
Sacred Heart 27 @ Holy Cross 23
UC Davis 17 @ South Dakota State 42
Florida A&M 27 @ Southeastern Louisiana 52
Northern Iowa 23 @ Eastern Washington 30
Davidson 17 @ Kennesaw State 41
Southern Illinois 31 @ South Dakota 27

2nd Round
Incarnate Word 38 @ Sam Houston 47
Missouri State 28 @ Montana State 17
Sacred Heart 17 @ Villanova 26
South Dakota State 42 @ Sac State 21
Southeastern Louisiana 30 @ James Madison 45
Eastern Washington 31 @ Montana 34
Kennesaw State 17 @ East Tennessee State 21
Southern Illinois 23 @ North Dakota State 34

Quarterfinals
Missouri State 41 @ Sam Houston 38
South Dakota State 42 @ Villanova 17
Montana 27 @ James Madison 24
East Tennessee State 20 @ North Dakota State 31

Semifinals
Missouri State 30 v. South Dakota State 34
Montana 20 @ North Dakota State 38

Championship
South Dakota State 21 v. North Dakota State 31

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Sam Houston’s biggest scare will come against Incarnate Ward and could lose that game

If Nova vs S Dakota st actually happens will be much closer

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2021, 02:28 PM
Sam Houston’s biggest scare will come against Incarnate Ward and could lose that game

If Nova vs S Dakota st actually happens will be much closer

I only put mine up for transparency, but I figured this would likely invite comments. ;) You'll get a chance to see all the brackets a little after the deadline (10 AM CST) tomorrow.

The bracket challenge players do not agree with your Sam Houston take (picks are currently Sam Houston 44 - Incarnate Word 1; see link in post #83). I cannot comment on score differential for a potential Villanova v. South Dakota State as I am not paying attention to others specific picks/scores (only whether they have entered scores/picks); however, the challenge players suggest by a margin of 2-1 that the Jackrabbits will emerge from that game (if that is the matchup). Again, this does not indicate score, simply predicted winner.

dgtw
November 26th, 2021, 02:37 PM
I am tapping on the gray boxes but nothing is happening.

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2021, 03:07 PM
I am tapping on the gray boxes but nothing is happening.

If doing this via iPhone, one needs to have the Google Sheets app. The boxes can be edited from there.

Editing on the computer is easiest, but one can edit on mobile devices...with the free app.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2021, 03:23 PM
I only put mine up for transparency, but I figured this would likely invite comments. ;) You'll get a chance to see all the brackets a little after the deadline (10 AM CST) tomorrow.

The bracket challenge players do not agree with your Sam Houston take (picks are currently Sam Houston 44 - Incarnate Word 1; see link in post #83). I cannot comment on score differential for a potential Villanova v. South Dakota State as I am not paying attention to others specific picks/scores (only whether they have entered scores/picks); however, the challenge players suggest by a margin of 2-1 that the Jackrabbits will emerge from that game (if that is the matchup). Again, this does not indicate score, simply predicted winner.

I said Ward could win that game, doesn’t mean that I took them to win

but they better come out fast in that game because Ward is just that good

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2021, 03:32 PM
I said Ward could win that game, doesn’t mean that I took them to win

but they better come out fast in that game because Ward is just that good

No, didn't figure you picked them. Was just pointing out that they are actually picked as the "least likely" to win their 2nd round game (out of all possible matchups). I think a lot of teams "could" win, but challenge participants think this is the least likely possibility to happen. We'll see. That's why I love the playoffs.

dgtw
November 26th, 2021, 04:18 PM
If doing this via iPhone, one needs to have the Google Sheets app. The boxes can be edited from there.

Editing on the computer is easiest, but one can edit on mobile devices...with the free app.

Got the app but still can’t do it. I’ll just forget about it.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2021, 04:30 PM
No, didn't figure you picked them. Was just pointing out that they are actually picked as the "least likely" to win their 2nd round game (out of all possible matchups). I think a lot of teams "could" win, but challenge participants think this is the least likely possibility to happen. We'll see. That's why I love the playoffs.

it’s a strong could

have you watched Incarnate Word?

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2021, 05:29 PM

Please check your PM inbox.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2021, 05:34 PM

I had same problem but PWO helped me out, you have plenty of time to get it working

Preferred Walk-On
November 26th, 2021, 06:10 PM
it’s a strong could

have you watched Incarnate Word?

Three times. If that is the same Sam you touted last year, and somebody (anybody?) plays some defense against the Word, they will be done. Hell, I think Weber State could give them a run, not because they would outshoot them, but because they would prevent them from scoring 30 pt (see v. EWU game).

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2021, 07:34 PM
AH'M IN

mvfcfan
November 26th, 2021, 07:41 PM
Here's my winners for each round in my bracket:

SFA
MOST
SDSU
HC
USD
KSU
SELA
EWU

SHSU
MTST
SDSU
NOVA
NDSU
ETSU
JMU
MT

SHSU
NOVA
NDSU
JMU

SHSU
NDSU

NDSU

Prime Power
November 27th, 2021, 01:34 AM
I'm in?

Preferred Walk-On
November 27th, 2021, 07:11 AM
I'm in?

PM'ed you.

- - - Updated - - -

A little under three hours until the brackets are frozen and picks are final. Enjoy today's games!

Preferred Walk-On
November 27th, 2021, 10:22 AM
The AGS Playoff Bracket Challenge is now officially closed. We have 53 fully-completed brackets and 4 incomplete brackets out of the 67 that were sent out.

To keep track of your scores, see others' predicted scores and picks, and to see the final breakdown of picks by round, please check out the "2021 (Fall) Playoff Bracket Challenge - Scores and Brackets" link in my signature. If you see anything that is off, please let me know.

The brackets and challenge scores will be updated "live" as the games end (or there might be a delay, depending on when I can enter the actual game results). Enjoy the playoffs, and best of luck to your team...until they play my team. ;)

dewey
November 27th, 2021, 11:19 AM
Bracket done. Thanks for the help PWO.

Dewey

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Busy week. Didnt get in. Good luck to all. See ya next season. Go Nova! xpeacex