PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread - NDSU at YSU

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 08:27 AM
The Bison roll into town smarting from a loss. YSU, well, are just losing another one, nothing new there. Both feature a heavy run game. Mercifully it could be a quick game.

Local papers pick the Bison to win, 38-14. I’ll be a little more adventurous picking the Bison by 41-10. I’m expecting the Bison to load the box and shut down YSUs run game since their passing is limited to throwing short to backs and TEs. NDSU may not need to pass. Also the better D team is the Bison, no question.

Regrettably the “crowd” will probably be 2000 or less for Senior Day. Another sign of the depths to which YSU , under their incompetent AD, has fallen.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2021, 09:12 AM
This seems like a real bad matchup for YSU. Their run defense has been bad all season and that's the NDSU offense's strength. I haven't been as critical as the Bison offensive coaches lately but this is a game they have no excuse to not completely control with their run game. I'd assume we'll see a focused NDSU defense after some lapses last week but McLaughlin will still get some yards because he's been probably the best RB in the MVFC this fall outside of Pierre Strong.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 09:50 AM
This seems like a real bad matchup for YSU. Their run defense has been bad all season and that's the NDSU offense's strength. I haven't been as critical as the Bison offensive coaches lately but this is a game they have no excuse to not completely control with their run game. I'd assume we'll see a focused NDSU defense after some lapses last week but McLaughlin will still get some yards because he's been probably the best RB in the MVFC this fall outside of Pierre Strong.

Roehl will over use the RPO running game with our little RBs trying to pound the inside gaps.....

Bison will win in spite of Roehl.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Listened to our OC on the radio.....xsmhxxrolleyesx

The more I listen to him, the more I'm starting to dislike him....and he is an ex-player....

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 10:43 AM
While the Bison make the playoffs, their seed level may be in jeopardy with a poor game today. Accordingly I expect them to steamroll the Guins, making up for last weeks loss. And while YSU has been losing to mid to lower level MVFC teams, this week and next will pit them against the best, the top of the league. The gap should be well exposed.

Frankly, coaching problems for YSU may also be showing again as failure to adjust, personnel use and lack of a passing game becomes difficult to overcome. The mismatch should be glaring. Spotlight will be on YSUs inept OC and DC., not to mention a rookie , limited experienced ( and cheap) HC.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:04 AM
Offense is starting out.

Set the tone for this game. SCORE first!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:12 AM
NDSU's horse Luepke has a 50 yard TD run!!

7-0

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:14 AM
YSU is going to try and run the ball. Stop it. 3 and out would be great!

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 11:14 AM
Ugly.

Bison56
November 13th, 2021, 11:15 AM
Nice to see the I formation and the big backs getting carries early in the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:17 AM
3 and out. Sack on 3rd down. Bison start their 2nd series

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2021, 11:23 AM
I really hate that we are now a shotgun/spread RPO offense. This is not NDSU football and until we get rid of Roehl/Entz, it's going to be a long season.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:25 AM
I really hate that we are now a shotgun/spread RPO offense. This is not NDSU football and until we get rid of Roehl/Entz, it's going to be a long season.

It sucks. Not sure why Roehl loves this crap. Everyone runs it and now we have to....xcoffeex

Missed 4th down conversion. QB run and missed. Bring in QP if youre going to run....

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2021, 11:26 AM
It sucks. Not sure why Roehl loves this crap. Everyone runs it and now we have to....xcoffeexIt's almost as if he forgot what made HIM successful in college. Trams are not adept at stopping power offenses in college.

Of course, on 4th and 2 we run shotgun QB draw. Fire Roehl right now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Fumble.....NDSU got it.

Keep Williams/Luepke running the ball. Keep the scat backs on the sideline.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2021, 11:39 AM
Fumble.....NDSU got it.

Keep Williams/Luepke running the ball. Keep the scat backs on the sideline.It's almost as if running power offense with big backs actually works.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:42 AM
156 to 18 yard advantage for Bison in 1st quarter

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Bison score: 14-0

16 play drive

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:56 AM
Geez....Tampa 2 zone with holes in it...xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 11:58 AM
YSU FG

Bison up 14-3

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 11:59 AM
Guins avoid a shut out. FG is the first points

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 12:04 PM
Bison 71 yard TD pass. Miller to Watson

21-3

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 12:43 PM
2nd half about ready to start

Bison yard advantage in 1st half: 287 to 90

3 and out by YSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Bison 1st play of 2nd half: 51 yard TD run for Williams

28-3

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 12:55 PM
“Yawn”

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2021, 01:00 PM
Wow, 3rd and 5 and they run the damn draw. Fire Roehl and leave him in Youngstown.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Bison score 35-3

TD pass to TE Gindorf

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:15 PM
2 big passes for YSU on prevent zone....xrolleyesx

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 01:16 PM
Lots of holes in the Bison pass D.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:22 PM
2nd team offense in

150 lb RB running power.....xrolleyesx

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 01:24 PM
Hey, my prediction YSU would score 10 holds ! 😎

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Typical NDSU coaching: passive prevent zone getting tore up passing

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Bison secondary getting lit up again. Sort of sleep walking on both sides of the ball

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Bison secondary getting lit up again. Sort of sleep walking on both sides of the ball

Geez.....3rd and 26 and they give up a 25 yard pass....geez....xcoffeexxrolleyesx

Pass interference.....xrolleyesx

TD for YSU on passive defense. CBs are getting lit up by a team that doesn't pass much....xrolleyesx

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 01:37 PM
That was not a catch.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Our secondary ****ing sucks. Truth hurts.

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Wow ! YSU is overachieving. 17 points !

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Our secondary ****ing sucks. Truth hurts.

CBs do not turn around to look where ball is.

Coaching sucks. Take the foot off the pedal on both sides of the ball. Pathetic.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 01:41 PM
Wow ! YSU is overachieving. 17 points !
You got a gift there. No way that is a catch.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 01:41 PM
CBs do not turn around to look where ball is.

Coaching sucks. Take the foot off the pedal on both sides of the ball. Pathetic.
Price needs to stick to punt returns. This secondary is clearly a weak link on this team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:42 PM
geez...false start

- - - Updated - - -

Price needs to stick to punt returns. This secondary is clearly a weak link on this team.

Tutsie has been good this year but our CBs are definitely a weakness

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:45 PM
2 missed FGs for the Bison

- - - Updated - - -

Hey coaches play 4 freaking full quarters....xrolleyesx

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 01:46 PM
JFC. ****ty play calling and then miss a field goal. **** this ****.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:46 PM
JFC. ****ty play calling and then miss a field goal. **** this ****.

Typical coaching for Bison.

Our DC playing prevent so freaking early is BS

** Wow, what a shock.....get out of prevent defense and get a 3 and out......who would have thought that....xrolleyesx

Christiank22
November 13th, 2021, 01:47 PM
Roehl has to be one of the worst OC in all of college football. It’s hard to watch.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 01:49 PM
Roehl has to be one of the worst OC in all of college football. It’s hard to watch.
Those three throw away down were done in order to kick a field goal. They had zero ****ing intention of scoring a TD. And then miss the kick. That is sorry assed ****.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:50 PM

He looks decent today because YSU's defense is not that good. Wait until we face a better defense....xeyebrowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Those three throw away down were done in order to kick a field goal. They had zero ****ing intention of scoring a TD. And then miss the kick. That is sorry assed ****.

You'll probably be pacing down in the corner next week because USD will be in fighting for life mode because they will need to win to get into the playoffs and they have a decent defense. Roehl will more than likely try to put a round peg into a square hole like he has done a lot of the season so far.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 01:54 PM
He looks decent today because YSU's defense is not that good. Wait until we face a better defense....xeyebrowx
We have had a couple running backs come out of big piles for a TD. Not great blocking but great runs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 02:03 PM
5th string RB runs for a 84 yard TD.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 02:05 PM
5th string RB runs for a 84 yard TD.
Yea. He is pretty good outside the tackles. Knows how to bounce it out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 02:06 PM
Final: NDSU 49-17

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Share of the conference title today. Beat South Dakota and win the Valley outright.

10 conference titles in the last 11 years.

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 02:09 PM
49-17. YSU will finish in the basement. As expected!

Congrats to the Bison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Hopefully our OC shifts away from the RPO so much and get back under center more.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 02:20 PM
Hopefully our OC shifts away from the RPO so much and get back under center more.
Agree 1000%.

Christiank22
November 13th, 2021, 02:36 PM

Congrats to the Bison.

Thanks, hope the penguins turn it around soon. One of the few valley teams (outside NDSU obviously) I don’t mind being good.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 02:49 PM

Congrats to the Bison.
You guys should throw up more 50/50 balls. You completed 100% of them today. You have good players at the skill positions on offense but your O Line needs work.

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 03:02 PM
You guys should throw up more 50/50 balls. You completed 100% of them today. You have good players at the skill positions on offense but your O Line needs work.

LOL ! The OL is a raging dumpster fire. Ditto the DL. We have no competent linemen and nothing on the way up. We have no QB. Skill is limited to McLaughlin. He has skill. 😂

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 03:04 PM
LOL ! The OL is a raging dumpster fire. Ditto the DL. We have no competent linemen and nothing on the way up. We have no QB. Skill is limited to McLaughlin. He has skill. 
You have good WR’s. They made some nice plays on some balls today. Pretty good TE and RB’s but with that line you aren’t going to keep a QB alive.

Paladin1aa
November 13th, 2021, 03:11 PM
You have good WR’s. They made some nice plays on some balls today. Pretty good TE and RB’s but with that line you aren’t going to keep a QB alive.

True

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 03:15 PM
True
I missed some of this game today early on. Need to rewatch the first half.

ysubigred
November 13th, 2021, 05:22 PM
I missed some of this game today early on. Need to rewatch the first half.You didn't miss anything.. cold as hell sitting there watching that mess..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 13th, 2021, 05:39 PM
You didn't miss anything.. cold as hell sitting there watching that mess..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I just got done watching the first half. Bison D looked real good in the first half. It is nice to watch the replays on ESPN+. Watched a half in about 40 minutes

dewey
November 13th, 2021, 11:44 PM
Good to see Williams getting more carries. Give Leupke the Week off next week against USeD and make sure he is healthy for a playoff run.

Just keep feeding Williams the ball.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2021, 07:19 AM
Good to see Williams getting more carries. Give Leupke the Week off next week against USeD and make sure he is healthy for a playoff run.

Just keep feeding Williams the ball.

Dewey
Agreed on feeding Williams but I think they'll need Luepke at least for a few carries with no Gonnella and Kobe seeming kind of lost right now. Hopefully they get 25-30 carries out of the big boys (Williams and Luepke) and then 15-20 out of the Kobe/Bussey/Miller trio. USD won't be a pushover, they held down SDSU's running game better than NDSU did (not giving up a 75 yard run to Strong helps - his long was 10 vs USD).

Penguin Nation
November 14th, 2021, 08:16 AM
Paladin, once again Mitch’s stats (way more p yards and 2 vs zero TDs) are far better than Crenshaws. It’s true it’s against subs in garbage time...but shouldn’t a QB be able to make completions on longer routes in D1 FB? I’ve never understood having a QB who can’t pass downfield.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2021, 08:24 AM
Agreed on feeding Williams but I think they'll need Luepke at least for a few carries with no Gonnella and Kobe seeming kind of lost right now. Hopefully they get 25-30 carries out of the big boys (Williams and Luepke) and then 15-20 out of the Kobe/Bussey/Miller trio. USD won't be a pushover, they held down SDSU's running game better than NDSU did (not giving up a 75 yard run to Strong helps - his long was 10 vs USD).

If the Bison run more out of the I formation, they will be fine. If Roehl starts running mostly out of the worthless RPO shotgun formation then that gives the USD LBs plenty of time to scrape and fill holes.

I'm still not sold on this coaching staff. A NFL QB hid a lot of their short comings IMO, plus Coach K's recruits....

POD Knows
November 14th, 2021, 09:39 AM
Paladin, once again Mitch’s stats (way more p yards and 2 vs zero TDs) are far better than Crenshaws. It’s true it’s against subs in garbage time...but shouldn’t a QB be able to make completions on longer routes in D1 FB? I’ve never understood having a QB who can’t pass downfield.
He was throwing TD’s against our first string. The guy that got beat on the two TD passes was the starting corner

Paladin1aa
November 14th, 2021, 11:20 AM

If you are just looking at passing, no question he is better. However the coaches want a dual threat and Crenshaw beats him there. Despite protests here to the contrary, NDSU was openly substituting freely. I suspect it would have been a different D if the game was on the line, which, it wasn’t. All things considered, YSU doesn’t have much for QBs. Look for them to be openly recruiting for both Frosh and transfer QBs. All our QBs have serious flaws and it would keep them from being really good even if they played for NDSU.

Here again, this is another result of an incompetent buffoon at AD who has hired another local boy to be HC who isn’t ready for prime time. Poor players = poor recruiting = poor coaches = poorAD who assembled this entire mess. People think it’s going to change. Why ? Strollo is still here.

My preseason prediction of a 2 win season still looks golden ! 😂

Penguin Nation
November 14th, 2021, 11:25 AM
Interesting.

It became a different game when Mitch took the field. I do not understand why we are staring a QB who can’t pass. It’s like starting a WR who can’t catch.

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2021, 11:26 AM
If the Bison run more out of the I formation, they will be fine. If Roehl starts running mostly out of the worthless RPO shotgun formation then that gives the USD LBs plenty of time to scrape and fill holes.

I'm still not sold on this coaching staff. A NFL QB hid a lot of their short comings IMO, plus Coach K's recruits....

One honest Bison

but it’s always one special player that gets you over the hump

POD Knows
November 14th, 2021, 11:28 AM
If you are just looking at passing, no question he is better. However the coaches want a dual threat and Crenshaw beats him there. Despite protests here to the contrary, NDSU was openly substituting freely. I suspect it would have been a different D if the game was on the line, which, it wasn’t. All things considered, YSU doesn’t have much for QBs. Look for them to be openly recruiting for both Frosh and transfer QBs. All our QBs have serious flaws and it would keep them from being really good even if they played for NDSU.

Here again, this is another result of an incompetent buffoon at AD who has hired another local boy to be HC who isn’t ready for prime time. Poor players = poor recruiting = poor coaches = poorAD who assembled this entire mess. People think it’s going to change. Why ? Strollo is still here.

My preseason prediction of a 2 win season still looks golden ! 
The Bison substitute freely on D a lot particularly with the front 7 but those two TD drives for YSU were done primarily against the starting D. The two TD passes were thrown against our starting CB who is also our punt returner. NDSU rotates guys on D a lot. It is SOP

Paladin1aa
November 14th, 2021, 11:50 AM
Interesting.

It became a different game when Mitch took the field. I do not understand why we are staring a QB who can’t pass. It’s like starting a WR who can’t catch.

Davidson isn’t mobile. Doesn’t run the option and doesn’t have pocket presence to avoid sacks. No running ability. His advantage is he is taller so he can see over the line, throws a more accurate pass and doesn’t lock on a target giving the D an edge.

Id like to see him start the upcoming SIU game. Won’t change the outcome but would showcase his flaws that aren’t noticeable in limited play. Down after down, series after series and quarter after quarter the eyes won’t lie. And ,of course, he removes a running threat , which Crenshaw provides, that allows the D to zero in on McLaughlin. It is what it is.