PDA

View Full Version : If App St played Michgan's Schedule

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Here's my take, 9-2 with the remaining schedule. Penn St could go either.

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

tsutiger
September 3rd, 2007, 01:01 PM
"It would be hard for us to go do that same thing again next week against, say Ohio State or LSU or Florida," said Moore. "Because we don't have the numbers."

Dude you are smoking crack rock. Don't let that victory fool u.

bshgriz

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

H Oregon L
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State L
A Northwestern L
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue L
A Illinois L
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State L
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

Good job ASU and all but don't get ahead of yourselves guys,and all those wins for them I predicted could easily be losses.

tsutiger
They might win 3 games.

brownbear
September 3rd, 2007, 01:03 PM
ASU is a good team, but even though they beat Michigan, I don't think they could beat an FBS team every week for the next 9 games.

I could see them beating Eastern Michigan and perhaps Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, and Michigan State. Notre Dame had an awful first game and they will probably have a tough time in the beginning of their schedule, but ASU would have an extremely low chance of beating Michigan, Notre Dame, AND Penn State in the SAME SEASON. Not many FBS teams would be able to do that.

Prominentwon
September 3rd, 2007, 01:04 PM

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

I honestly just posted this on another board as a joke.

Wait.....you're not kidding?

You really need to consider what you are thinking before you post something. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

th0m
September 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

Please.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
Dude you are smoking crack rock. Don't let that victory fool u.

I live in Big Ten country and see these teams play every weekend. The Big Ten is a week conference with 3 good teams.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
I honestly just posted this on another board as a joke.

Wait.....you're not kidding?

You really need to consider what you are thinking before you post something. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Then Sir, you don't know the Big Ten :)

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
Please.

That's my confidence level of App St vs these teams.

Mountain Panther
September 3rd, 2007, 01:07 PM

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

They'd win 2 or 3 games tops.

Prominentwon
Then Sir, you don't know the Big Ten

You really are serious aren't you?

App St would be LUCKY to beat NW and the only other team on the schedule they would beat would be E. Michigan.

I can't believe you're trying to say this in a serious manner.

Gil Dobie
ASU is a good team, but even though they beat Michigan, I don't think they could beat an FBS team every week for the next 9 games.

I could see them beating Eastern Michigan and perhaps Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, and Michigan State. Notre Dame had an awful first game and they will probably have a tough time in the beginning of their schedule, but ASU would have an extremely low chance of beating Michigan, Notre Dame, AND Penn State in the SAME SEASON. Not many FBS teams would be able to do that.

Those would be the 3 toughest wins.

bshgriz
September 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
Then Sir, you don't know the Big Ten :)

Are you serious,don't let yourself get Minnesota confused with the big ten.
xthumbsupx

Prominentwon
If App played Michigan next week, They'd get beat by 35 points.

Gil Dobie
You really are serious aren't you?

App St would be LUCKY to beat NW and the only other team on the schedule they would beat would be E. Michigan.

I can't believe you're trying to say this in a serious manner.

Did you see Minnesota losing to Bowling Green, and lower level Mid American Team last year? Minnesota would be a loss.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
If App played Michigan next week, They'd get beat by 35 points.

Depending on if the game was in Michigan or Boone.

Gil Dobie
Are you serious,don't let yourself get Minnesota confused with the big ten.
xthumbsupx

Or Nothwestern, or Illinois, or Purdue, or Michigan St...........

Prominentwon
Did you see Minnesota losing to Bowling Green, and lower level Mid American Team last year? Minnesota would be a loss.

And I seen Va Tech struggling against ECU. So you're saying that App would beat Va Tech also?

You're making me dumber when I read your posts.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 01:10 PM
And I seen Va Tech struggling against ECU. So you're saying that App would beat Va Tech also?

You're making me dumber when I read your posts.

Va Tech would be a top 3 team in the Big Ten, if not Champions.

Prominentwon
September 3rd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Depending on if the game was in Michigan or Boone.

I can't argue with stupidity

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
They'd win 2 or 3 games tops.

Who would beat them?

Gil Dobie
I can't argue with stupidity

Personal attacks would help you arguement xconfusedx

Prominentwon
Who would beat them?

You really don't know football do you? I'm in complete and utter amazment that you're serious about this.

Are you a respected poster here?

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
You really don't know football do you? I'm in complete and utter amazment that you're serious about this.

Are you a respected poster here?

I voted McNeese #10, maybe not. ;)

bshgriz
September 3rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Or Nothwestern, or Illinois, or Purdue, or Michigan St...........

Michigan State beats UAB 55-18(App wouldn't be able to put up 55 on dare I say any team in FBS,maybe Temple)
Northwestern beats NE 27-0(App could match that performance but I see Northwestern improving more in the year)
Illinois lose to Missouri 40-34(App might be able to keep it close but 9 times out of ten Missou would beat them too.And App couldn't contain Juice.)
Purdue beats Toledo 52-24(App wouldn't be able to match that or stop Purdue.)

tsutiger
September 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
Who would beat them?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 3rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
If they could play the games and keep the outcomes secret from the media and the country, they might win all of those. Too many people think they are somehow entitled to a win because their team is bigger and is more well-known.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Michigan State beats UAB 55-18(App wouldn't be able to put up 55 on dare I say any team in FBS,maybe Temple)
Northwestern beats NE 27-0(App could match that performance but I see Northwestern improving more in the year)
Illinois lose to Missouri 40-34(App might be able to keep it close but 9 times out of ten Missou would beat them too.And App couldn't contain Juice.)
Purdue beats Toledo 52-24(App wouldn't be able to match that or stop Purdue.)

All good points. The Purdue game would be in Boone if the Home and Away scenario is the same as Michigan's schedule, as would be Notre Dame, Penn St and Oregon. I put this out there to have a sensible discussion, and on a one game basis, App St would have a good chance or better against most of the teams except Wisconsin or Ohio St, but Any Given Saturday. xthumbsupx

elkmcc
September 3rd, 2007, 01:49 PM

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

Once again we see how NDSU fans don't understand what playing a tough intraconference schedule is all about. The only game that I see that is a gimme for ASU winning would be the Minnesota game.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
Once again we see how NDSU fans don't understand what playing a tough intraconference schedule is all about. The only game that I see that is a gimme for ASU winning would be the Minnesota game.

There's not many gimme's in College football. NDSU gets the Gateway next year, toughest conference in the West. xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
September 3rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
H Oregon - Dont know
H Notre Dame - Winnable
H No. 17 Penn State
A Northwestern - Winnable
H Eastern Michigan - Winnable
H Purdue - Winnable
A Illinois - Winnable
H Minnesota - Winnable
A Michigan State - Dont know
A No. 7 Wisconsin
H No. 11 Ohio State

th0m
September 3rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
All good points. The Purdue game would be in Boone if the Home and Away scenario is the same as Michigan's schedule, as would be Notre Dame, Penn St and Oregon. I put this out there to have a sensible discussion, and on a one game basis, App St would have a good chance or better against most of the teams except Wisconsin or Ohio St, but Any Given Saturday. xthumbsupx

I understand that some of these games have to be played in Boone to make the concept viable, but you have to understand that while ASU would pack as much as they could into Kidd Brewer, they'd probably cap at 30k max (with the grass hill packed, seems like a fair estimate, no?) which with a few dips at some of the lesser schools, mainly Indiana and Northwestern, is not really a large crowd at all.

SoCon48
September 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Who knows, but I sure wouldn't let the same geniuses who predicted a whopping loss by ASU vs the Wolverines be my guide for betting.

Ronbo
September 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
I'll agree with the ESPN announcers that said ASU could compete with the lower half of the Big Ten. And believe it or not that is a huge compliment.

mistersykes
September 3rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Gil, there's little chance that App would be able to compete with FBS competition week in and week out. It's a matter of numbers. Did you see/hear how tired the App players were by the end of the Michigan game? Playing Michigan's schedule would take a huge toll on the players, and they might not be able to keep up with Minnesota or Eastern Michigan either.

If we rule out that situation completly and say that App had the same number of Scholly players, then yes, ASU could be competitive with several of those teams, but I don't believe a 9-2 record would be in order. I agree with what most people on this thread are saying. Thanks for believing in us though!

FargoBison
September 3rd, 2007, 02:29 PM
I'd say App State wins five games with that schedule and honestly that is being kind. The Big Ten is a war week in and week out. Combine that with non-conference games against Norte Dame and Oregon and you'll find a very beaten down App State team by the end of the year. That said put App State in the MAC or Sun Belt and they would be league champs.

BlueHen86
September 3rd, 2007, 02:29 PM

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L
Seeing that App St just beat Mich, all of these games are winable, but I would not count on winning too many of them.
My guess is that App St. would go 3 - 8 with that schedule, which is pretty impressive. Most FCS teams would win 0 to 1 games.

The biggest problem that I think App St. would have with this schedule is that they would get beaten up. I don't know how much depth they have, but I'll assume the Big 10 schools have more depth because they have more scholarships, and they are probably getting better players. As the season goes on teams get worn down and depth becomes more important.

james_lawfirm
September 3rd, 2007, 02:32 PM
I agree w/ Mr. Sykes. If App played Mich.'s schedule, then App gets the extra coach, the 22 extra scholarships, and the extra bazillion dollars in the football budget too. OK, if THAT is the question, then my answer is that App wins most matchups in the Big10, b/c they're (the Big10) still playing old time football w/ big, fatboys.

And, if pigs had wings, they could fly.

What's wrong with App playing App's schedule? The SoCon is going to be enough of a challenge.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 02:34 PM
The biggest problem that I think App St. would have with this schedule is that they would get beaten up. I don't know how much depth they have, but I'll assume the Big 10 schools have more depth because they have more scholarships, and they are probably getting better players. As the season goes on teams get worn down and depth becomes more important.

That's probably true, my W should probably stand for winnable, because not many wins are certain, and you betcha xthumbsupx

DaveK
September 3rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
I'd say App State wins five games with that schedule and honestly that is being kind. The Big Ten is a war week in and week out. Combine that with non-conference games against Norte Dame and Oregon and you'll find a very beaten down App State team by the end of the year. That said put App State in the MAC or Sun Belt and they would be league champs.

I think this is the first time that I have ever been in such total agreement with you. xthumbsupx

BlueHen86
September 3rd, 2007, 02:36 PM
I agree w/ Mr. Sykes. If App played Mich.'s schedule, then App gets the extra coach, the 22 extra scholarships, and the extra bazillion dollars in the football budget too. OK, if THAT is the question, then my answer is that App wins most matchups in the Big10, b/c they're (the Big10) still playing old time football w/ big, fatboys.

What's wrong with App playing App's schedule? The SoCon is going to be enough of a challenge.
Or we could let them arm themselves, like the running back in the movie "The Last Boyscout"xlolx

bshgriz
September 3rd, 2007, 02:47 PM

Wow,you can really see wo lives in the South and believes all that SEC bs. The big fat boys? xcoffeex Team speed is high as hell in the Big10,give an example of who is faster than teams in the Big10 and give me some proof,besides the experts who still think that FCS is D2.

bshgriz
September 3rd, 2007, 02:52 PM

You think they would win the MAc?

Kent State

08/30 at Iowa St W
09/08 at Kentucky L
09/15 Delaware St W
09/22 at Akron
09/29 at Ohio
10/06 Miami (OH)
10/13 at #11 Ohio St L
10/20 BGU
10/27 C Michigan L
11/10 at N Illinois
11/17 at Temple W
11/24 Buffalo

And the others are toss-ups,22 more scholarships and better more talented players overall,they would be under 500 with this schedule.

I'm happy for App and all but they don't have the depth or overall talent to compete week in week out in any FBS conference.

FargoBison
September 3rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
You think they would win the MAc?

Kent State

08/30 at Iowa St W
09/08 at Kentucky L
09/15 Delaware St W
09/22 at Akron
09/29 at Ohio
10/06 Miami (OH)
10/13 at #11 Ohio St L
10/20 BGU
10/27 C Michigan L
11/10 at N Illinois
11/17 at Temple W
11/24 Buffalo

And the others are toss-ups,22 more scholarships and better more talented players overall,they would be under 500 with this schedule.

I'm happy for App and all but they don't have the depth or overall talent to compete week in week out in any FBS conference.

Your giving the MAC way too much credit. The only games I would doubt in the MAC are NIU and Ohio. I don't know why CMU at home is a loss, CMU was just crushed at Kansas. Depth means a lot more in the Big Ten, where there aren't any Temple's, Buffalo's, or Eastern Michigan's.

FargoBison
September 3rd, 2007, 03:01 PM
I think this is the first time that I have ever been in such total agreement with you. xthumbsupx

Shocking, I guess it is possible that a hardcore NDSU fan can agree with a hardcore UND fan. xbeerchugx xbeerchugx

AlphaSigMD
September 3rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Why not???

Lets just put it this way, the same people who say that ASU wouldn't win 2-3 games are the same people who said that ASU wouldn't score a TD on Michigan. Its a pervasive idea, carried by even those that say they are unbiased, that says that ASU is not as good as they played on saturday.

This is plain and simple. ASU is far and away the best team in FCS, with only a handful of teams in the same ballpark.

Now, with all that said, 9-2 is a little much, but i think that 6-5, 7-4 is managable if ASU could limit mistakes and remain healthy.

Keep in mind, anyone posting on this board stating that ASU would hang 34 on michigan's 1ST TEAM DEFENSE would have been called an idiot too. This was not the scrub team we were playing against. This was the pride of the big 10. A team with a lot of senior leadership that was expected to compete for the national championship. This was and is blue-chip offense with talent all over the field. If ASU can do it to top ranked team in the big 10, why listen to the pro-BCS media and sell ASU short. This is not a fluke Michigan might lose 3 more games this season, but i doubt it.

FargoBison
September 3rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
Why not???

Lets just put it this way, the same people who say that ASU wouldn't win 2-3 games are the same people who said that ASU wouldn't score a TD on Michigan. Its a pervasive idea, carried by even those that say they are unbiased, that says that ASU is not as good as they played on saturday.

This is plain and simple. ASU is far and away the best team in FCS, with only a handful of teams in the same ballpark.

Now, with all that said, 9-2 is a little much, but i think that 6-5, 7-4 is managable if ASU could limit mistakes and remain healthy.

Keep in mind, anyone posting on this board stating that ASU would hang 34 on michigan's 1ST TEAM DEFENSE would have been called an idiot too. This was not the scrub team we were playing against. This was the pride of the big 10. A team with a lot of senior leadership that was expected to compete for the national championship. This was and is blue-chip offense with talent all over the field. If ASU can do it to top ranked team in the big 10, why listen to the pro-BCS media and sell ASU short. This is not a fluke Michigan might lose 3 more games this season, but i doubt it.

Selling ASU short? This is Big Ten we are talking about with non-conference games against Norte Dame and Oregon. App State had a great win over Michigan but lets not get carried away. I don't know if you understand just how grueling a schedule like that would be.

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2007, 03:39 PM

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

8000 posts, and I just lost all respect for your football knowledge. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
8000 posts, and I just lost all respect for your football knowledge. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

When did you have any xeyebrowx ;) xlolx

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 03:43 PM

Montana would go 7-4 xthumbsupx

Death Dealer
September 3rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
Why not???

Keep in mind, anyone posting on this board stating that ASU would hang 34 on michigan's 1ST TEAM DEFENSE would have been called an idiot too. This was not the scrub team we were playing against. This was the pride of the big 10. A team with a lot of senior leadership that was expected to compete for the national championship. This was and is blue-chip offense with talent all over the field. If ASU can do it to top ranked team in the big 10, why listen to the pro-BCS media and sell ASU short. This is not a fluke Michigan might lose 3 more games this season, but i doubt it.If you read the Socon week 1 thread, I picked the win for App and missed the score by one point. I had you winning with by one with a late fourth quarter field goal. I had no doubt that crAppy could sneak into the big house and slap a big L on the Wolverines' over-confident, arrogant butts. Could they do it week in and week out? As good as they are, I have to agree with most here, it would catch up with them and depth at key positions would become a huge issue. But with the extra scholarships of an FBS and the same coaches, Appy could be a top 25 team in no time flat. They should and I think almost have to consider going FBS sooner than later (assuming they can continue to attract the same talent they are getting now). JMHO, which is worth absolutely nothing.xlolx

AZGrizFan
September 3rd, 2007, 05:33 PM
Montana would go 7-4 xthumbsupx

Oh, well then never mind. I take it back. ;)

Reed Rothchild
September 3rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
The Big 11 sooooo bad. App would have no trouble with their schedule

ncman071
September 3rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
Ok, this whole "how would app do with UM's schedule" is kind of rediculous anyway. App was awesome on Saturday and will probably continue to be a wonderful FCS team through the remainder of the year. If we played UM's schedule our biggest problem would be the # of scholorships we have right now. The difference between 85 and 63 is huge when your talking about FBS competition. However, lets say we move up to FBS in 4 years and we maintain our coaching staff. I could see us being consistantly very competitive and successful on the FBS level. If we were playing UM's schedule not only would we only have 63 scholorships at this time but if we had a few key players get injured it could be a disaster. It's not quite as big of a deal if an FBS team has a few injuries because they have so much more depth.

proasu89
September 3rd, 2007, 07:29 PM

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

Sincerely, thanks for the compliment. Also, let me know what flavor kool-aid you've been drinkingxlolx xnodx :D :p

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Sincerely, thanks for the compliment. Also, let me know what flavor kool-aid you've been drinkingxlolx xnodx :D :p

I did have some of this last weekend xlolx
http://www.big10restaurant.com/images/Wing%20Sauce/Copy%20of%20WingSauce1.JPG

proasu89
September 3rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
I did have some of this last weekend xlolx
http://www.big10restaurant.com/images/Wing%20Sauce/Copy%20of%20WingSauce1.JPG

Wolverine Wings?

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 07:50 PM
Wolverine Wings?

Michigone Snackers xthumbsupx

65 Pard
September 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
They would win 3-4 games.....Why? because all the other Big 10 coaches saw what happened last week and would prepare the way Michigan did not.....No Way they beat Paterno....

SunCoastBlueHen
September 3rd, 2007, 08:22 PM

H Oregon W
H Notre Dame W
H No. 17 Penn State W
A Northwestern W
H Eastern Michigan W
H Purdue W
A Illinois W
H Minnesota W
A Michigan State W
A No. 7 Wisconsin L
H No. 11 Ohio State L

I'm too lazy (or maybe its too late) to read the rest of this thread, but that might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this board.

ASU's win was a great thing, but it was a case of a great lower division team catching a superior opponent off guard. ASU is lucky to go 2-9 with that schedule.

Matter of fact, I will go out on the line and say they lose two or more games to FCS opponents the rest of the way. xtwocentsx

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2007, 08:39 PM
ASU's win was a great thing, but it was a case of a great lower division team catching a superior opponent off guard. ASU is lucky to go 2-9 with that schedule.

Before the game against Michigan I wouldn't even have said that. I did predict App St winning, and thought App St could win against most of the Big Ten teams prior to the outcome. Ohio St and Wisconsin look to be the best this year in the Big Ten.

SunCoastBlueHen
October 20th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I'm too lazy (or maybe its too late) to read the rest of this thread, but that might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this board.

Matter of fact, I will go out on the line and say they lose two or more games to FCS opponents the rest of the way. xtwocentsx

Amongst the uforia of App. State's win against Michigan, SCBH keeps it real...

FCS Go!
October 20th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Amongst the uforia of App. State's win against Michigan, SCBH keeps it real...

Excellent use of the self-quote. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
October 20th, 2007, 07:07 PM
hey it works...

but lets hope he is right in that we only lose 2 and dont lose another... aka go all the way!

Hammerhead
October 20th, 2007, 07:58 PM
NDSU went undefeated in the toughest conference in the FCS last year.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc06.htm