PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-13

JALMOND
November 10th, 2021, 11:51 PM
Two weeks left in the season and I am sitting at 59-20 so far. Pretty good for the year but I am still looking for the perfect week, which I would have had last week if I would have shown some faith in my own team. This is the last week before rivalry week and one can pretty much throw everything out during that particular week. As for this week, here are my predictions for the conference slate. As usual, all are my opinion only.

EWU at UCD---The Eagles are currently on a two game slide after starting the year winning their first seven. This week finds them against the upstart Aggies team that has only one loss themselves. The Eagles are trying to get out of this funk before the playoffs and the Aggies want a good win...EWU 45, UCD 42.

UI at MSU---The Vandals are playing out the string and got a nice win at home last week. But the competition is difficult as they head on the road to face the mighty Bobcat team. The Bobcats got a good road win in a hostile place last week. Will the Eagle hangover show up for the Bobcats...MSU 35, UI 10.

ISU at CP---The Bengals return to the FCS level this week as they head out to the Mustangs' lair who are pining for one conference win. Both teams got pasted last week, the Bengals at the FBS level and the Mustangs against one of the conference's biggies. This means nothing except for these two...CP 21, ISU 17.

UM at NAU---The Grizzlies surely looked a whole lot better last week than they have, getting a solid all around effort. The Lumberjacks, however, watched their slim playoff hopes go by the wayside last week. But the Lumberjacks get to play spoiler this week, Can they knock the Grizzlies down...UM 35, NAU 17.

PSU at SAC---This game just got interesting over the week. The Vikings have adopted a just win mentality to make the playoffs, and head down to the Hornet's nest, who are just trying to stay undefeated in the conference. This looked like an easy Hornet win just a couple weeks ago. Now maybe not so easy...SAC 29, PSU 27.

WSU at SUU---The Wildcats look to do everyone else in the conference a favor and send the Thunderbirds away with another conference loss. However, the Thunderbirds have other plans and would love to beat up on their instate brothers and get a final win. Interesting matchup between the two...WSU 28, SUU 14.

bonarae
November 11th, 2021, 12:41 AM
EWU - shootout, toss-up too
MSU
ISU orange
Griz
Sac
Weber

mvemjsunpx
November 11th, 2021, 04:49 AM
Idaho St. 24-28 Cal Poly — Beau Baldwin is 8-0 against the Bengals

EWU 35-37 Davis — The "Resting on Their Laurels" Bowl

Portland St. 21-34 Sac State — PSU got by phase one of their end-season gauntlet, but the Hornets are too hot for the Viks to survive phase two

Weber 20-10 Suutah — On the plus side, SUU's upcoming bye could give Demario Warren a one-week head start on a new job search

Montana 30-21 NAU — The first meeting with no Jerome Souers since 1985

Idaho 7-30 Montana St. — This score IS assuming the Bobcats look ahead to Griz/Cat ;)

mvemjsunpx
November 11th, 2021, 11:40 PM
FIFY

xnonono2x

JALMOND
November 12th, 2021, 12:47 AM
FIFY

Be nice, you two. xpeacex

wapiti
November 12th, 2021, 09:25 AM
EWU 31 at UCD 32--- EWU needs 2 more wins to have 8 Div 1 wins. Even with 7 EWU will probably be in the playoffs, but not a seed. EWU is more desperate for a win, but UCD is hosting.

UI 17 at MSU 35---The Vandals have struggled this season. MSU has not.

ISU 17 at CP 20---Pillow fight of the weak. CP is seeking a conference win and is hosting. ISU appears to be the slightly better team. Will that be enough to overcome the home field advantage CP has?

UM 32 at NAU 24---The Griz appear to have turned a corner last week against UNC, but it was a weak UNC team. NAU is better than UNC, and I see the refs helping the Griz out in this one.

PSU 25 at SAC 32---The Vikings continue to hold on to a slim playoff chance. A win here would help their argument for a spot. Sac has been good at home (Except against UNI).

WSU 28 at SUU 17---The BBQ had a tough schedule this season and the only blowout loss was against a P5 FBS team. They get a chance to take out some frustration against lowly SUU on the road or will they play dejected and get beat again?

uofmman1122
November 12th, 2021, 04:36 PM
UM 32 at NAU 24---The Griz appear to have turned a corner last week against UNC, but it was a weak UNC team. NAU is better than UNC, and I see the refs helping the Griz out in this one.lol

It wouldn't be the predictions thread without your little pot shots at us every week. xthumbsupx

Also it's clear you haven't watched many Griz games this year if you think the refs have been at all helpful to us at any point.

CopperCat
November 12th, 2021, 05:02 PM
lol

It wouldn't be the predictions thread without your little pot shots at us every week. xthumbsupx

Also it's clear you haven't watched many Griz games this year if you think the refs have been at all helpful to us at any point.

Well, there is alot of pot in Missoula.......

uofmman1122
November 12th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Well, there is alot of pot in Missoula.......
Pot shots and pot shops as far as the eye can see. xawesomex

wapiti
November 12th, 2021, 10:14 PM
xthumbsupx

Cat-griz will be here soon.

wapiti
November 13th, 2021, 05:17 PM
lol

3 penalties against the griz
8 against NAU

uofmman1122
November 13th, 2021, 05:26 PM
3 penalties against the griz
8 against NAU
Did you want the refs to not call the three facemasks NAU had? What about the 3 obvious false starts?

They let both teams play in the passing game, so I'm not sure where the bias is supposed to be.

Maybe you should watch the game before making **** up. lol

wapiti
November 13th, 2021, 07:51 PM
Did you want the refs to not call the three facemasks NAU had? What about the 3 obvious false starts?

They let both teams play in the passing game, so I'm not sure where the bias is supposed to be.

Maybe you should watch the game before making **** up. lol

I did not watch the um game. I did not make anything up either. The penalties are listed in the stats.
It was good on the griz to play near penalty free

JALMOND
November 14th, 2021, 05:01 AM
Two weeks left in the season and I am sitting at 59-20 so far. Pretty good for the year but I am still looking for the perfect week, which I would have had last week if I would have shown some faith in my own team. This is the last week before rivalry week and one can pretty much throw everything out during that particular week. As for this week, here are my predictions for the conference slate. As usual, all are my opinion only.

EWU at UCD---The Eagles are currently on a two game slide after starting the year winning their first seven. This week finds them against the upstart Aggies team that has only one loss themselves. The Eagles are trying to get out of this funk before the playoffs and the Aggies want a good win...EWU 45, UCD 42.

UI at MSU---The Vandals are playing out the string and got a nice win at home last week. But the competition is difficult as they head on the road to face the mighty Bobcat team. The Bobcats got a good road win in a hostile place last week. Will the Eagle hangover show up for the Bobcats...MSU 35, UI 10.

ISU at CP---The Bengals return to the FCS level this week as they head out to the Mustangs' lair who are pining for one conference win. Both teams got pasted last week, the Bengals at the FBS level and the Mustangs against one of the conference's biggies. This means nothing except for these two...CP 21, ISU 17.

UM at NAU---The Grizzlies surely looked a whole lot better last week than they have, getting a solid all around effort. The Lumberjacks, however, watched their slim playoff hopes go by the wayside last week. But the Lumberjacks get to play spoiler this week, Can they knock the Grizzlies down...UM 35, NAU 17.

PSU at SAC---This game just got interesting over the week. The Vikings have adopted a just win mentality to make the playoffs, and head down to the Hornet's nest, who are just trying to stay undefeated in the conference. This looked like an easy Hornet win just a couple weeks ago. Now maybe not so easy...SAC 29, PSU 27.

WSU at SUU---The Wildcats look to do everyone else in the conference a favor and send the Thunderbirds away with another conference loss. However, the Thunderbirds have other plans and would love to beat up on their instate brothers and get a final win. Interesting matchup between the two...WSU 28, SUU 14.

Perfect 6-0 week. 65-20 for the year.

Roamingriz
November 14th, 2021, 10:27 AM
Nice work Jalmond, finally got that perfect week! Always enjoy the read

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2021, 10:35 AM
The Fog was so thick at Davis it was hard to see the game

Roamingriz
November 14th, 2021, 11:14 AM
Yeah it was, those guys calling the game gave me a chuckle, couldn't see who or what they were calling sometimes

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
November 15th, 2021, 06:07 PM
I did not watch the um game. I did not make anything up either. The penalties are listed in the stats.
It was good on the griz to play near penalty free

To be fair, the refs didn’t call much that game. Apparently pass interference was not a rule in that game on either side. Also, congratulations on beating our 5th string quarterback. Another season of Lumberjack misery. Maybe one day we’ll get through a whole season.