PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference Week #11 Pick 'em (with poll)

McCowboys
November 9th, 2021, 06:12 AM
Southland Conference Week #11 Pick 'em (with poll)

Southland Conference Week #11 Pick 'em (with poll)

No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners.

There is a poll (scroll up) to make choosing your winners easier. Home teams are on the bottom.

Two out of three ain't bad, but those who participated in last week's poll didn't even meet that criteria. According to that poll, most of you expected wins by SLU over UIW and McNeese over Nicholls, but it didn't happen. SLU and UIW engaged in a defensive struggle as neither team scored 60 points. ;-) It was an entertaining contest and a heartbreaker for the Lions. McNeese and Nicholls had pretty even stats, except in penalty yards which was won by the Cowboys who completely imploded in the 4th quarter. NSU Demons won for the second time this season with both wins coming over HBU.

This week, SLU hosts Northwestern State; McNeese travels to Houston to take on HBU; and UIW travels to the bayou to take on Nicholls in what is probably the only game of real interest this week. As for winless HBU, this may be the last chance for them to pick up a victory on the season this week, as they finish the season next week at UIW.

BEAR
November 9th, 2021, 08:14 AM
I picked all the ones I figured would be the underdogs. xlolx Hey, there's only two teams on the field at a time...and crazier things have happened@!

McCowboys
November 9th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Suggestion for McNeese fans: Wear GOLD to the game at HBU Saturday. The Husky fans wear blue to their home games. We want to stand out. Geaux Pokes!
P.S. I am hearing from a couple of sources that McNeese has said no to the WAC and will stay with the SLC for now. I am looking for further substantiation of this.

NOLA
November 10th, 2021, 09:11 PM
Hoping the Colonels can pull it off to set up another River Bell Classic classic. Can't see SELA losing to the Demons at home. Maybe in Natchitoches but definitely not at Strawberry Field. McNeese should beat Houston Baptist. Huskies need some turnovers, maybe even one for a score to have any chance.

The Cats
November 12th, 2021, 10:37 AM
done