Colgate - toss-up
Holy Cross

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2021, 10:27 PM
Bucknell (1-8) at Army (5-3), 12:00

Um... wow...

ngineer
November 6th, 2021, 10:54 PM
Optimistic about Lehigh's rejuvenation. At home, the 'Hawks should be juiced after their first win. Lehigh 28 Georgetown 17

Bucknell at Army could be very ugly.....USMA@WP 52 'Nell 6

Raiders at 'Pards could be the tightest game, but I don't know which teams are showing up. I will go with the home team 'Pards, 23-20.

The League's "premier" game of the year, (so far) in the Bronx could be a real shootout. I have to lean toward the Crusaders because of their much better defense. But, the Rams offense is so explosive that I will not be shocked if they are able to pull off the 'upset'. I project Holy Cross 33-27.

Ivytalk
November 7th, 2021, 05:46 AM
What ngineer said.

Fordham
November 7th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Well, this is what we’ve all been waiting for in the Bronx. A chance at the title, a playoff game and revenge against a team that’s had our #. Fully get why we’re underdogs. Injuries have decimated our D and we also lost RB/Captain Sneed for the season. Coaches and players have done an amazing job of “next man up”ing it. Just need one more week of that! Can’t wait, regardless!

Digby
November 7th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Georgetown. Yeah Lehigh should win but …
Army. No FBS / FCS games should be allowed after Week 2.
Colgate. Sorry but Lafayette has too many problems and has not stepped up. And it’s Colgate. They’re not supposed to stink.
Fordham. The talent is learning to play together.

Digby
November 7th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Sagarin: for entertainment only

1: Georgia
61: South Dakota State (highest ranked FCS)
63: North Dakota State
195: UConn
201: UMass (lowest ranked FBS team)
To our New England friends, it’s time to give up the big-time experiment. It’s so much more satisfying to be terrible on a budget.
258th and last: Presbyterian

PL:
161: Holy Cross
179: Fordham
217: Lafayette
239: Colgate
241: Georgetown
243: Lehigh
254: Bucknell
The Bumbling Bison are followed by Wagner, Stetson, Butler and as noted Presbyterian.

Top Ivy: Harvard, 129. Lowest: Brown, 225.

What the heck. I didn’t pick Alabama 43 years ago.

DFW HOYA
November 7th, 2021, 02:13 PM
Will it get better in 2022? No.

crusader11
November 7th, 2021, 02:59 PM
At some point won’t Georgetown get tired of 3-8 (1-5) seasons year after year?

DFW HOYA
November 7th, 2021, 03:02 PM
At some point won’t Georgetown get tired of 3-8 (1-5) seasons year after year?

Yes. 15 years ago.

I'm hard-pressed to find three wins next year.

Digby
November 7th, 2021, 03:26 PM
Georgetown at least had 2011, when the Hoyas were 8-3.
Lafayette hasn’t had a winning full season in more than a decade though it squeaked out a 5-7 league title.
Garrett: 15-31.
Sgarlata: 23-51.

kdinva
November 8th, 2021, 08:51 AM
Georgetown 24; Lehigh 17
Bucknell 6; Army 56
Colgate 21; Lafayette 28
Holy Cross 26; Fordham 23

Pards Rule
November 8th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Um... wow...
How much you think the Bison getting?

Pards Rule
November 8th, 2021, 09:36 AM

To our New England friends, it’s time to give up the big-time experiment. It’s so much more satisfying to be terrible on a budget.

PL:
The Bumbling Bison are followed by Wagner, Stetson, Butler and as noted Presbyterian.

What the heck. I didn’t pick Alabama 43 years ago.

Yeah I followed what UMass did as we played them in Amherst in first round playoff in 2006. 21-14 at half and then the differential came into play 2nd half, final 35-14. Anyways I knew it was a major, major error to go FCS for them. Didnt follow UConn's progression but it certainly appears to be similar to its brethren up I-91

Sader87
November 8th, 2021, 12:04 PM
BC has been and basically still is Massachusetts de facto FBS team. The state really doesn't have the history/culture, resources, fan support etc etc for more than 1 FBS team to follow.

UConn was trying to keep up with Jones of other premier state universities around the country in jumping up to FBS football but when their entry into the ACC went sideways.... they have been spinning out of control football-wise evah since.

Both programs will probably lingah in FBS limbo for a bit and my guess is that both drop football ultimately rather than dropping back down to FCS football.

Digby
November 8th, 2021, 01:44 PM
All football fans now await noon Nov. 20.
Not because of tradition.
Not because of history.
Certainly not for the quality of play.
No, what makes this year’s Lafayette Vs. Lehigh game big is G2.
Garrett versus Gilmore.
Two of the greatest football minds in southern Northampton County going for all the marbles.

BRING IT ON!

The Boogie Down
November 8th, 2021, 03:21 PM

PL:

Not sure anyone mentioned this yet, but America's 239th rated college football team (not counting more than a few D-II's), still has a chance at representing the Patsies at these upcoming playoffs.

Sader87
November 8th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Not sure anyone mentioned this yet, but America's 239th rated college football team (not counting more than a few D-II's), still has a chance at representing the Patsies at these upcoming playoffs.

I guess they technically do but it would take HC losing at Bucknell I believe....highly unlikely.

Colgate TD
November 8th, 2021, 04:54 PM
Well, this is what we’ve all been waiting for in Easton. A chance at revenge against a team that’s had our #. Fully get why we’re underdogs. Injuries have decimated our D and we also lost RB/Captain ___ for the season. Coaches and players have done an amazing job of “next man up”ing it. Just need one more week of that! Can’t wait, regardless!

Yup. Colgate is ready for the Leopards! Game of the Year in the PL...

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2021, 05:49 PM
All football fans now await noon Nov. 20.
Not because of tradition.
Not because of history.
Certainly not for the quality of play.
No, what makes this year’s Lafayette Vs. Lehigh game big is G2.
Garrett versus Gilmore.
Two of the greatest football minds in southern Northampton County going for all the marbles.

BRING IT ON!

Tickets are... ample.

Let's call this the 'Pink Slip' Bowl. Realistically nobody will get fired after November 20. Garrett has the higher probability - but the fire-o-meter would move from 5% to 10%. Gilmore at least has a story to sell.

TheValleyRaider
November 8th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Ho hum, another 3-0. Getting hot as we get to the playoffs. And by "we" I mean...well probably not my team, but maybe they are still alive? Technically, at least? Just two weeks to go, and the League title is on tap this weekend. Even if the game will be taken by a team I do not care for (spoiler: it's both of them ;)), it is always a special time of the year. 32-15 for the season.

Georgetown at Lehigh Lehigh It was 2018 when the Hoyas finally broke through and beat Lehigh in the modern era (I see you, game results from 1901-1925). Up until two weeks ago, I was prepared to make that pick again. Suddenly, though, the Hawks have a pulse, or at least something resembling an offense. Historical results aside, a Georgetown victory would help them finish ahead of Lehigh in the league standings, which is certainly something to play for at this stage. Do they Hoyas have enough players to bring to Bethlehem to win?

Bucknell at Army Army This is a game that will definitely be played. Perhaps it looked better in the conceptual stage, the Bison maybe believing they could lay the groundwork for an improved program. Their run to the title game this spring just might have helped. And then the fall season started. Army looks good, while Bucknell does not. The trees will look nice though, and hopefully Bison fans enjoy pregame on the Plain.

Colgate at Lafayette Colgate Is this a homer pick? Maybe, but Lafayette has scuffled in recent weeks, and the Raiders looked good beating a bad Bucknell behind a big games Brescia. Yes there were quite a few caveats in that last sentence, thank you for noticing. In all seriousness, I am not sure what to make of the Leopards, even at this stage, except to say they are a step behind Fordham and Holy Cross. Does that put them in step with Colgate?

Holy Cross at Fordham Holy Cross The big one. It is always nice to have such a clear-cut title game, even if it would be better to come in the final week (and even better if Colgate were involved, but I digress...). The Crusaders handled their business nicely against Lafayette to set up their end of the bargain, while the Rams pulled away from Georgetown for their sixth in a row. HC is the old hand at this, taking two consecutive titles, while the Rams have been building their way up the standings. Being in the Bronx might give an edge to the Rams, but I'm going to take experience here.

Pard4Life
November 8th, 2021, 06:13 PM
The trees will look nice though, and hopefully Bison fans enjoy pregame on the Plain.

Cannot even get that right this year... fall is done up there.

ngineer
November 8th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Cannot even get that right this year... fall is done up there.

Yep. Leaves are basically done once you hit I-80 going north. The Plain will be plain...

TheValleyRaider
November 9th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Yep. Leaves are basically done once you hit I-80 going north. The Plain will be plain...

Too many years in Texas and I forget how real seasons work!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 9th, 2021, 05:31 PM

I live a bit north of Scranton and the leaves for the most part are gone. However, as you trek out near Bloomsburg there's still some good colors to be had for a few more days. The Lewisburg area was ablaze over the weekend!

West Point could still have some pretty good color given its proximity to NYC and coast (a bit warmer than even 10-15 miles inland).

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2021, 07:39 PM
Our board is shutdown so the rest of you all are going to have to hear this...

I am kind of 'over' Fran O'Hanlon being lauded as this legendary coach. He does not win consistently. This is his 27th year... during 2020-21: first back-to-back winning conference record years since 2012-13. First winning season overall since 2015. Last back-to-back winning years was 1999-2000! And when has had a winning season recently, it's barely over .500.

Longest tenure in the PL - 27th season. Only four other coaches have been with the same team since 1995... three of them have won a national title and the fourth has been to the Elite 8.

How do you tell a good guy to hit the road because he does not deliver? True I acknowledge the school has not exactly been supportive - especially from 2002ish - 2007. But come on, that was awhile ago. Time to go O.

What do I consider success? Winning 20+ games every once in awhile, delivering consistent winning seasons, PL tourney runs, being competitive against top teams... something exciting!

Digby
November 10th, 2021, 07:12 AM
I don’t know how anybody can defend his failed tenure anymore but there are still those who just accept as fact that he’s the John Wooden of College Hill. Didn’t he lose to Lehigh nine, ten straight times not long ago?
A quarter century of losing is in the books.
Remember: “Give O’Hanlon scholarships and he’ll beat anybody!”
That was the rallying cry. It was wrong.

The Boogie Down
November 10th, 2021, 04:39 PM
Awwwhhh.... It's kinda cute to hear fans of other teams complain about 25+ years of hardwood failures.

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2021, 05:35 PM
Awwwhhh.... It's kinda cute to hear fans of other teams complain about 25+ years of hardwood failures.

Yeah, I feel really bad for you guys... Fordham is in the Bronx! Every NYC basketball school has had some success in the past 25 years, even Columbia (ok one or two years there).

PS It is totally appropriate for PL fans to start talking hoops here because football season is mercifully almost over and even Holy Cross rather would be winning at hoops.

The Boogie Down
November 10th, 2021, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I feel really bad for you guys... Fordham is in the Bronx! Every NYC basketball school has had some success in the past 25 years, even Columbia (ok one or two years there).

PS It is totally appropriate for PL fans to start talking hoops here because football season is mercifully almost over and even Holy Cross rather would be winning at hoops.

From St. John's, to Iona, to LIU, to Columbia, every NYC-area hoops team can point to at least some type of achievement over the past 25 years. Everyone except Fordham (in fairness, minnows like Wagner and St. Francis too) that is. But Fordham has been the most successful FCS team over the same timeframe so that's a trade I don't mind making. Especially if it means another 3 weeks to our football season! xthumbsupx

BNiche
November 10th, 2021, 07:12 PM
But hey, it's the Kyle Neptune era! A win. Who knows?

DFW HOYA
November 10th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Fordham basketball is the doppleganger to Georgetown football: Good intentions, but seemingly unable to change course.

Digby
November 10th, 2021, 07:32 PM
Some good Lafayette news: Saturday’s Wall Street Journal notes that author Stephen Crane “dropped out of two good colleges (Lafayette and Syracuse)…”
It’s a step forward. They once published a review of a Marquis de Lafayette biography that did not even mention us.

ngineer
November 10th, 2021, 10:45 PM

We get to talk hoops AND wrestling!xdrunkyx

ngineer
November 10th, 2021, 10:51 PM
From St. John's, to Iona, to LIU, to Columbia, every NYC-area hoops team can point to at least some type of achievement over the past 25 years. Everyone except Fordham (in fairness, minnows like Wagner and St. Francis too) that is. But Fordham has been the most successful FCS team over the same timeframe so that's a trade I don't mind making. Especially if it means another 3 weeks to our football season! xthumbsupx

I assume you mean among NYC FCS schools....

The Boogie Down
November 11th, 2021, 01:20 AM
[/B]
I assume you mean among NYC FCS schools....

NYC-area FCS schools so I'm including Princeton, Monmouth, Marist, Sacred Heart, Yale and Stony Brook too.

Bill
November 11th, 2021, 01:26 PM
Boogie Down,

I lived in Central NJ for decades...and it is a BIG stretch to consider Princeton a NYC area school. In fact, depending on where you are standing on campus, parts of Princeton are closer to Philadelphia.

The Boogie Down
November 11th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Boogie Down,

I lived in Central NJ for decades...and it is a BIG stretch to consider Princeton a NYC area school. In fact, depending on where you are standing on campus, parts of Princeton are closer to Philadelphia.

Ha, maybe I'm reading too much into it but feels like you typed that with at least some bit of pride-lol And yes, can't argue with any of it. Even for me the Metro area ends at New Brunswick. But I recently found that Princeton is actually closer to Fordham's Rose Hill campus than Yale is. And if New Haven is a part of the NYC Metropolitan area, w/daily Metro North service from Grand Central to New Haven's Union Station, then I guess Princeton (only about 50 miles from Manhattan) should also be considered part of the area. To be clear though, I only mean geographically, not culturally!

Digby
November 11th, 2021, 07:30 PM
When you visit Princeton, don’t forget to “grab the Dinky.”
Princeton really is not a distant suburb of either city.

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 07:45 PM

out of nowhere question

back when Chris Mullen was at St Johns, where in NYC did they play home games

Bill
November 11th, 2021, 07:58 PM
out of nowhere question

back when Chris Mullen was at St Johns, where in NYC did they play home games

For the games NOT at MSG, the home games were at (then named) Alumni Hall. It's now called Carnesecca for some reason nowxrolleyesx

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2021, 09:21 PM
For the games NOT at MSG, the home games were at (then named) Alumni Hall. It's now called Carnesecca for some reason nowxrolleyesx

thanks, just curious as to where it was and now I know

BigCat
November 12th, 2021, 08:48 AM
Georgetown
Army
Colgate
Fordham

The Cats
November 12th, 2021, 10:35 AM
Georgetown (2-6) at Lehigh (1-8), 12:00
Colgate (3-6) at Lafayette (3-6), 12:30
Holy Cross (7-2) at Fordham (6-3), 1:00

Leopard Loyalist
November 12th, 2021, 11:06 AM
Georgetown (2-6) at Lehigh (1-8), 12:00
Colgate (3-6) at Lafayette (3-6), 12:30
Holy Cross (7-2) at Fordham (6-3), 1:00

Three not-so-easy calls this week. I'm banking on Holy Cross's defense being as strong as it was last week (albeit against a more potent offense this week) and Fordham's defense being as it has been; Also banking on the Leopards being fired up to atone for last week's pathetic effort in Worcester; Finally, I'm counting on Lehigh being overconfident and looking ahead to #157 LOL.

Sader87
November 12th, 2021, 02:03 PM
Anybody have lines for these games? For entertainment purposes only of course...xdrunkyx

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2021, 05:04 PM
When you visit Princeton, don’t forget to “grab the Dinky.”
Princeton really is not a distant suburb of either city.

Ah yes the Dinky - there is a new train station on campus too. I agree with Bill that Princeton is neither NYC nor Philly - Central Jersey does exist. But many families work in both cities so live in Princeton. I mean it is, but is not, a suburb of NYC... just look at the Princeton Junction train platform on any pre-COVID weekday. Driving - easier to PHL than NYC. Train - easier to NYC than PHL, unless you take Amtrak (which rarely stops at PJCT)

Digby
November 12th, 2021, 08:15 PM
Talking about NJT is more diverting than a discussion of Lafayette basketball.
I’ll be taking the Secaucus/NYPenn route a little after 8 tomorrow. I can’t find odds anywhere.

DFW HOYA
November 12th, 2021, 09:12 PM
You know it's a slow week when the Lehigh message board has one (1) post about Saturday's game.

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2021, 09:15 PM
You know it's a slow week when the Lehigh message board has one (1) post about Saturday's game.

At least they have a message board.

ngineer
November 13th, 2021, 12:15 AM
Weather tomorrow in Bethlehem, PA, is rain starting around 10-11 a.m. and ending around 3 p.m. Doesn't look like a torrential or hard rain, but looks fairly 'steady' on the radar showing the approaching system. Was hoping to take my granddaughters tomorrow, but this will wash that out, though I will be there in my rain suit.

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 07:20 AM
Weather tomorrow in Bethlehem, PA, is rain starting around 10-11 a.m. and ending around 3 p.m. Doesn't look like a torrential or hard rain, but looks fairly 'steady' on the radar showing the approaching system. Was hoping to take my granddaughters tomorrow, but this will wash that out, though I will be there in my rain suit.

A friend of mine, her nephews live in Milford and a few years back we went to a game (they loved) and she suggested today. I looked at weather and said nah BUT we prob could get Lehigh tickets although more expensive.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Army 66 Bucknell 10 - Complete mismatch....hopefully Bucknells enjoys the "history"...
Colgate 27 Lafayette 24 - The Raiders stake their claim as the league's third best team....for whatever that's worth...
Fordham 30 Holy Cross 27 - I believe Fordham is the more talented team; honestly by a decent amount. Can Conlin's team avoid critical mistakes against a sound Chesney prepared Crusader squad?
Lehigh 30 Georgetown 24 -The Mountain Hawks should be able to get their first home win in over 2 years against a Hoya team that is spiraling downward....

crusader11
November 13th, 2021, 09:33 AM
Army 66 Bucknell 10 - Complete mismatch....hopefully Bucknells enjoys the "history"...
Colgate 27 Lafayette 24 - The Raiders stake their claim as the league's third best team....for whatever that's worth...
Fordham 30 Holy Cross 27 - I believe Fordham is the more talented team; honestly by a decent amount. Can Conlin's team avoid critical mistakes against a sound Chesney prepared Crusader squad?
Lehigh 30 Georgetown 24 -The Mountain Hawks should be able to get their first home win in over 2 years against a Hoya team that is spiraling downward....

Fordham is more talented at the most important position, but I fail to see where they are more talented elsewhere, especially with Greenhagen sidelined. For what it's worth, Jake Dobbs is better than Greenhagen anyways.

I actually don't think today's game is all that close. Think the HC defense largely slows down DeMorat.

HC 37 - Fordham 21

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 11:38 AM
Weather app says rain and 50 now at Easton kickoff

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 11:52 AM
What ESPN + channel are Pards on please?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Lehigh has dominated Georgetown but is up "only" 10...

Lehigh 10-0 2:18 2Q

I'll be flipping over to HC-FU at half....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 01:00 PM
Georgetown scores on their opening possession of the end half. Made it look pretty easy...

Lehigh 10-7 8:17 3Q

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 01:06 PM
At half, LC 13 CU 10

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 01:28 PM
Lehigh long snapper sails the ball 10 feet over the punters head for a safety...

Lehigh 13-9 14:38 4Q

Digby
November 13th, 2021, 01:40 PM
I’m in NYC hellacious rain but easing fast.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 01:44 PM
I’m in NYC hellacious rain but easing fast.

It's still pouring at Goodman Stadium although there are hints of sun in the distance...

Lehigh puts together a solid drive that results in a 37 yard FG in brutal conditions. But couldn't kick a 20 yarder against Fordham?...ugh...

Lehigh 16-9 10:48 4Q

Digby
November 13th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Next week L v L is a toss up.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 01:55 PM
Lehigh likely ices this one with a short TD pass that was nearly intercepted...

Lehigh 23-9 6:08 4Q

The Mountain Hawks have dominated the play. Next week will be interesting. The losing coach should resign imo.....

Digby
November 13th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Both.

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 01:56 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;3013845]Lehigh likely ices this one with a short TD pass that was nearly intercepted...

Lehigh 23-9 6:08 4Q

The Mountain Hawks have dominated the play. Next week will be interesting. The losing coach should resign imo.....[/QUOTEI

In rain i hear in Easton tied at 13 after 37 yard FG 13-13

Digby
November 13th, 2021, 02:00 PM
Bucknell at Army delayed too. 42-0.
Just call it.
Laf v Gate 13-all. Any win over Colgate is a good one.
The Hoyas can’t come back.
That leaves the big game.

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 02:05 PM
Sunny now in Easton. LC intercepts in end zone! Offset penalties and LC at 14

DFW HOYA
November 13th, 2021, 02:07 PM
Does Georgetown win a game in 2022?

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 02:14 PM
LC gets an unreturnable 46 yd punt. Tied 13

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 02:15 PM
Cross vs Fordham still delayed. Army 49 Bucknell 0. Lehigh wins

Franks Tanks
November 13th, 2021, 02:18 PM

Sure, you have the Pards on the schedule. 13 yards passing today, really ugly.

DFW HOYA
November 13th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Sure, you have the Pards on the schedule. 13 yards passing today, really ugly.

Hoyas return five starters. Five.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 02:40 PM
TD 'Gate!

Colgate 20-13 1:27 4Q

Franks Tanks
November 13th, 2021, 02:44 PM

TD 'Gate!

Colgate 20-13 1:27 4Q

Pathetic offensive performance by the Leopards today. The season started fairly well but fell apart these last few weeks. This is year 5 for Garrett and a senior laden team. It’s won’t happen, but would be best to move on from Garrett after the season.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 02:44 PM
'Pards on the move....near midfield with 40 seconds left....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 02:50 PM
Colgate holds on as Lafayette's hail mary attempt slipped through a receiver's hands....

Colgate 20-13 Final

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 02:50 PM
Final CU 20- LC 13

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 02:51 PM
Pathetic offensive performance by the Leopards today. The season started fairly well but fell apart these last few weeks. This is year 5 for Garrett and a senior laden team. It’s won’t happen, but would be best to move on from Garrett after the season.

If he doesnt win at LU next week I dont see an extension

Colgate TD
November 13th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Snowing in Central NY at the moment. 'Gate-Leopard game ended just in time, but much rain.

Digby
November 13th, 2021, 04:06 PM
Garrett’s biggest success was Shoemaker.
Then his biggest failure was Shoemaker, who chose to ride the bench elsewhere.
I can’t see any reason to keep him regardless of what happens next week.
The number of QB scholarship years wasted probably tops 20.
Garrett works hard and he appears to be obsessed with football, with knowledge of mechanics that may best be used as a position coach or assistant.
He won about as much with Frank’s guys as he did with his own.

DFW HOYA
November 13th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Garrett, Gilmore, Sgarlata, Cecchini. Not a great year to be a PL coach.

Pard4Life
November 13th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Overlooked that Colgate WR made a WTF catch on third and ten at midfield, on his back looking at the sun at the 15… sealed the game there… our D kinda gave up at that point… our defender was flailing, missed the coverage, never turned to the ball…this was with under 2 minutes to play.

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 05:05 PM
Overlooked that Colgate WR made a WTF catch on third and ten at midfield, on his back looking at the sun at the 15… sealed the game there… our D kinda gave up at that point… our defender was flailing, missed the coverage, never turned to the ball…this was with under 2 minutes to play.

I saw that.Literally caught the ball falling down.

Pards Rule
November 13th, 2021, 05:13 PM
Snowing in Central NY at the moment. 'Gate-Leopard game ended just in time, but much rain.
In Hamilton?? One of the reasons Colgate wasnt on my list list is we visited during the week after election day 1979 (election day was Nov 6th) during NJ teachers convention so it was the 8th and on the 9th it was snowing about 4 inches and windy and cold at Hamilton College! I recall the guide thankfully showing us inside the warm chapel that day as it was warm. And it snowed again 40 years later yesterday in 2019 when I deviated from a biz trip to remember that trip in 1979, thinking about dad who passed in 2013.

ngineer
November 13th, 2021, 06:32 PM
Was at Goodman in the elements to watch our new 'winning streak' be born. :) It rained pretty steady from about second quarter into the fourth and certainly impacted play for both teams. Lehigh has been able to see some new stars on the horizon and they shone today. Perri continues to impress as a walk-on who has taken control of the position. He's learned to throw the ball away and is reading the secondary better, if he gets time. OL held it's own considering it was down a few players today. Third or fourth string TE, O'Connor had some nice catches and a 'TD, which is nice to see. Ever since Snyder went down three weeks ago, the TE role has been non-existent. The WR corps is improving and showing signs of having several threats, despite having lost some excellent talent earlier in the season due to season ending injuries.
Running game has life and soph. DiPietro has the makings of a future start. Very quick and good cutting ability. At 5'10" and 200 lb., with more time to grow he could become a force the next two years. Zaython Hill is also running well. Defense did a very good job giving up on TD on the opening drive of the second half, but other than that, they pretty much contained the Hoyas. G'town's run game was almost non-existent. Lehigh capt. and ILB Haffner had a great day leading in tackles, tackles for loss and a sack as well. Having him back has done wonders. Was also good to see our PK have a good day in lousy conditions. Made a 37 yarder and two others. Game had the makings of an "Oh no, here we go again" start. After an opening 65 yard KO return, Lehigh drove to one and then fumbled as the back tried extending to the goal line and lost the ball before touching the line. Liked the response the team showed in stopping G'town right away and not allow that turnover to effect the game.
Lehigh needed this win going into #157 and now has some mojo going. You can see the team is 'up' on the sideline and now sees the fruits of their labors yielding benefits. Hopefully, the weather cooperates next week. It will be my 51st Rivalry Game.

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2021, 07:56 PM
ngineer, does Gilmore’s job hang in the balance next week?

ngineer
November 13th, 2021, 08:31 PM
Doubtful. I am sure he was given at least a 4 and maybe a five year contract due to the mess he inherited with the demise of our former HC that began in late 2017. Cupboard was not near full and the situation was used against us in recruiting. There were a few stars still left on the squad in 2019, when went 3-8, losing about 5 games by less than a TD, and after that it was very thin. Then COVID hit and while it impacted everyone, it had a double whammy on someone trying to dig out of a hole, as well as putting together a staff. Had the team not improved as it has shown since mid October, then one might think there would be change, but that is not Lehigh's "m.o.". Patience has always been the watchword, and it's not like football is needed to fund other sports programs at the University. I recall Dunlap had a five year contract when he arrived in 1965 and by 1969 he had a season with 4 wins. First winning season was in 1971 when the "Lehigh we have come to expect" took flight. Also, the players seem to have responded to Gilmore's enthusiasm, though he's more of 'task master" type of personality. So even if the Leotards win, I wouldn't expect a change...except, perhaps, at OC, who has been at Lehigh for 8 years and the OC for about 5. We have some very bright stars on the horizon on both Offense and Defense. Our DC is well liked and respected, but I think many feel the OC is out of his element and that we could use a "Quarterback Whisperer" to no only mentor the QBs, but bring a more imaginative offensive scheme, based on the athletes we have. If we have another good recruiting class as we have done the last two years, we could make some noise next year with a lot of experienced youth returning. Not sure who our early season OOC opponents will be next year, but playing some schools that are realistically beatable, early in the season, would help get some momentum going into the heart of the schedule. This year's early lineup was a murderer's row, which didn't help when trying to build a winning psyche. So, I would be surprised if a change were made at the HC position.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Doubtful. I am sure he was given at least a 4 and maybe a five year contract due to the mess he inherited with the demise of our former HC that began in late 2017. Cupboard was not near full and the situation was used against us in recruiting. There were a few stars still left on the squad in 2019, when went 3-8, losing about 5 games by less than a TD, and after that it was very thin. Then COVID hit and while it impacted everyone, it had a double whammy on someone trying to dig out of a hole, as well as putting together a staff. Had the team not improved as it has shown since mid October, then one might think there would be change, but that is not Lehigh's "m.o.". Patience has always been the watchword, and it's not like football is needed to fund other sports programs at the University. I recall Dunlap had a five year contract when he arrived in 1965 and by 1969 he had a season with 4 wins. First winning season was in 1971 when the "Lehigh we have come to expect" took flight. Also, the players seem to have responded to Gilmore's enthusiasm, though he's more of 'task master" type of personality. So even if the Leotards win, I wouldn't expect a change...except, perhaps, at OC, who has been at Lehigh for 8 years and the OC for about 5. We have some very bright stars on the horizon on both Offense and Defense. Our DC is well liked and respected, but I think many feel the OC is out of his element and that we could use a "Quarterback Whisperer" to no only mentor the QBs, but bring a more imaginative offensive scheme, based on the athletes we have. If we have another good recruiting class as we have done the last two years, we could make some noise next year with a lot of experienced youth returning. Not sure who our early season OOC opponents will be next year, but playing some schools that are realistically beatable, early in the season, would help get some momentum going into the heart of the schedule. This year's early lineup was a murderer's row, which didn't help when trying to build a winning psyche. So, I would be surprised if a change were made at the HC position.

A legit, quality coach would have handled and progressed this situation much better than Gilmore. The fact it reached historic ineptitude was made worse by Gilmore's short comings. Beating two horrific programs says nothing. That's not a barometer for success.

My guess is he'll be back next year and he'll be gone after that assuming his contract will have expired. I don't see Gilmore taking this ship beyond a 5-6 type campaign which mercifully should be enough to end his tenure on South Mountain. Granted, if he loses to Lafayette I don't think its a foregone conclusion he'll be back. 2-9 and a loss to a terrible 'Pard team would be inexcusable. As would be 0-3 against them as Lehigh's head coach....

Chesney just clowning the current crop of PL coaches is comical. The fact HC ran Gilmore's sorry behind out of town, hired a proven winner and reaped the rewards almost immediately is a text book example of "doing it right".

IslandPard
November 14th, 2021, 09:51 AM
Congrats to HC, clearly the best team. I hope they represent the PL well in the playoffs.

Garrett sure doesn’t look like a coach whose job is in jeopardy. None of the offensive weapons touched the ball yesterday. Hull, Revere…nothing. If Freeman renews his contract, that shows she is all talk and LC football will officially be in purgatory.

Something is off with this particular LC team. Such promise early in the season only to get shredded at the end. Injuries can’t be the only reason.

Part of me hopes we lose next week. Hanging 3 in a row on doodooo brown sounds great. But not at the cost of a contract renewal for Garrett.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2021, 10:03 AM
Congrats to HC, clearly the best team. I hope they represent the PL well in the playoffs.

Garrett sure doesn’t look like a coach whose job is in jeopardy. None of the offensive weapons touched the ball yesterday. Hull, Revere…nothing. If Freeman renews his contract, that shows she is all talk and LC football will officially be in purgatory.

Something is off with this particular LC team. Such promise early in the season only to get shredded at the end. Injuries can’t be the only reason.

Part of me hopes we lose next week. Hanging 3 in a row on doodooo brown sounds great. But not at the cost of a contract renewal for Garrett.

Do you know the terms of his contract? I think it was only disclosed as 'multi-year' deal... one of the last McCutcheon hires. Seemed like Mike Joseph played a role in the hire too.

IslandPard
November 14th, 2021, 10:10 AM
Do you know the terms of his contract? I think it was only disclosed as 'multi-year' deal... one of the last McCutcheon hires. Seemed like Mike Joseph played a role in the hire too.

No. I thought someone on here or the old board mentioned it was 5 years. ????

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2021, 10:54 AM
No. I thought someone on here or the old board mentioned it was 5 years. ????

*sigh* yes... that was my recollection but not sure if it was ever a confirmed fact. This would be his last season without a renewal. But I have a hard time believing this is the case. Has a football coach simply left because his contract was not renewed or expired? Every coach is either extended early or fired. Having an open-ended renewal is a death knell for recruiting...