PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-6

JALMOND
November 4th, 2021, 12:51 AM
As the calendar turns to November the games start to take on more importance and they become harder to predict. As such, the chance for a perfect week gets tougher to achieve. This week's slate has all the teams playing, thanks to Idaho State's venture into the high FBS ranks with their game against BYU. There are some intriguing matchups, none more important, however, than the one up top. Entering this week, I am at 53-19 and hope to somehow improve on it. Here is this week's attempt at perfection.

CP at SAC---Two teams going in opposite directions. The Mustangs have not won a game since the first week of the season when they took down San Diego, and the Hornets are unbeaten in conference play. The Hornets have an easy run until the last week and shouldn't have any problem here.,.SAC 38, CP 7.

ISU at Brigham Young---Having drawn the short straw this week and taking a break from the conference schedule, the Bengals take a big step up a level into the FBS ranks. A win would definitely trump any other of the four scalps the conference already owns. But that is a tall order...Brigham Young 55, ISU 7.

UM at UNC---Fresh off their strange win at home last week, the Grizzlies head out on the road this time and play another bottom feeder. If they try to play down to the opponent, the Bears, who threw a mild scare at Sacramento State, may steal it. Hopefully, the Grizzlies learned their lesson...UM 31, UNC 21.

MSU at EWU---To call this the game of the week would be putting it mildly. The Bobcats come in off a bye week and has looked strong so far. The Eagles also are coming off a bye week and were flying high until coming up a point short in their last game. Who really wants this game more?...MSU 31, EWU 29.

PSU at WSU---Strange that both these teams come in with identical conference and overall marks, and both need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs. The Vikings have taken advantage of a couple wins over the bottom feeders and the Wildcats have a big win at EWU. Who gets this one...WSU 28, PSU 21.

SUU at UI---All the good matchups in the conference, then there is this one. The Thunderbirds hope their near win last week can give them hope to get a conference win and the Vandals are also hoping for a win after last week's disappointing home loss. Who breaks through in this game...UI 24, SUU 17.

UCD at NAU---The Aggies enter this game coming off a bye and hope for a better result indoors in this game than the last game they played indoors. The Lumberjacks still have slim playoff hopes that were buoyed by a good road win last week. They need to win out for a shot but can they...UCD 28, NAU 20.

mvemjsunpx
November 4th, 2021, 02:41 AM
Montana St. 30-34 EWU — I can't quite see Eastern losing two straight at home

Cal Poly 14-41 Sac State — The 'Stangs take their last lump before closing with two winnable games

Suutah 28-35 Idaho — The "Which Coach Is Gonna Get Fired First" Bowl

Idaho St. 7-59 BYU — Fun Fact!: BYU's win over Virginia last week had 115 total points, 53 more than any other game they've played in this season

Portland St. 14-27 Weber — Not all 4-4 records are created equal

Davis 34-31 NAU — Tough call in Flagstaff, but NAU's kicking game is surprisingly bad

Montana 17-10 NoCo — I was tempted to go with 4-2 xdontknowx

bonarae
November 4th, 2021, 04:09 AM
EWU
Sac State
Idaho
BYU
Weber State
UC Davis
Griz

wapiti
November 4th, 2021, 09:16 AM
Montana 22 @ Northern Colorado 10 --- Since UM took care of Idaho in Moscow then they should not have an issue with UNC in Greeley

UC Davis 24 @ Northern Arizona 22 --- Road games can be challenging, but I see UCD taking the W in a tight game

Portland State 14 @ Weber State 17 --- The BBQ needs to be laser focused on their remaining games to qualify as a bubble team. I think BBQ get an at-large if they win out.

Idaho State 6 @ BYU 52 --- Paycheck games for ISU

Southern Utah 16 @ Idaho 32 --- Cupcake for Idaho in Moscow

Montana State 32 @ Eastern Washington 31 --- This is a tough one to pick. This is a 50/50 game. Both teams will score, EWU defense has been suspect, and their offense is outstanding. MSU offense is decent, but has sputtered on occasion and MSU defense has been consistently good. I go with the better defense taking the W. Plus MSU running game is poised to have a big day, this would help keep the EWU offense on the sideline.

Cal Poly 19 @ Sac State 31 --- Is this considered a rivalry game? Depending on traffic this look to be about a 4.5 hour drive between the 2 schools. CP has struggled this season and Sac state has been winning.

I seem to be going out on a limb with 3 road teams winning this weekend.

MSUBobcat
November 4th, 2021, 10:33 AM
UM 24 @ NoCo 17 - The Bears have been getting better the last couple weeks and the Griz.... worse? Still, they have just enough to swat aside this challenge.
PSU 20 @ WSU 31 - The Grills have no room for error and it's at home. PSU long-shot aspiration of playoff consideration with 6 D-I wins becomes a moot point.
ISU-o 13 @ BYU 45 - Not much explanation needed....
SUU 21 @ UI 30 - Vandals need to continue the Big Sky's punishment of SUU for jumping ship. This is the T'birds last "good" opportunity to not go winless in conference before becoming WAC.
UC-Davis 35 @ NAU 24 - The 'Jack D is faltering lately (36.67ppg over last 3, including 35 to SUU at home). Like PSU, any playoff aspiration go down in flames.
CP 14 @ Sac State 34 - The Hornets continue their march toward a Big Sky conference championship.
MSU 31 @ EWU 28 - A large number of FCS fans will be tuning in to see how this one turns out, especially the ending once the NDSU-SDSU game concludes. Should be a slobberknocker. Immovable object vs unstoppable force cliches and all that. Going with the team with the better kicker.

Apparently given the lack of any mention on AGS whatsoever from what I've seen, the prediction for the Brawl of the Wild getting College Game Day (https://www.montanarightnow.com/missoula/is-espns-college-gameday-headed-to-missoula/article_f7d26b80-3b57-11ec-919d-07bb42cbb48f.html) is "not a snowball's chance in hell", eh? I don't think it's quite that bad, more like "Slim to none and Slim is leaving town". I thought EWU-MSU would have been more likely, but they went with the Tulsa @ Cincy game. Given that they chose that dog**** game (Davis beat Tulsa on their own field) over something Auburn-Texas A&M, it may not be 100% that they chose Michigan State-Ohio State. Just 99.9999997%.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
November 5th, 2021, 04:19 PM
UCD at NAU---The Aggies enter this game coming off a bye and hope for a better result indoors in this game than the last game they played indoors. The Lumberjacks still have slim playoff hopes that were buoyed by a good road win last week. They need to win out for a shot but can they...UCD 28, NAU 20.

Even if NAU wins out, I doubt we'd get in at this point.

JALMOND
November 5th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Even if NAU wins out, I doubt we'd get in at this point.

7 DI wins, one FBS win, wins over Davis and Montana down the stretch. It's worth considering, at least. Better resume than some others out there.

MSUBobcat
November 5th, 2021, 09:18 PM
7 DI wins, one FBS win, wins over Davis and Montana down the stretch. It's worth considering, at least. Better resume than some others out there.

Absolutely in consideration if they would run the table. They just gotta come thru on the IF part.

JALMOND
November 7th, 2021, 03:52 AM
As the calendar turns to November the games start to take on more importance and they become harder to predict. As such, the chance for a perfect week gets tougher to achieve. This week's slate has all the teams playing, thanks to Idaho State's venture into the high FBS ranks with their game against BYU. There are some intriguing matchups, none more important, however, than the one up top. Entering this week, I am at 53-19 and hope to somehow improve on it. Here is this week's attempt at perfection.

CP at SAC---Two teams going in opposite directions. The Mustangs have not won a game since the first week of the season when they took down San Diego, and the Hornets are unbeaten in conference play. The Hornets have an easy run until the last week and shouldn't have any problem here.,.SAC 38, CP 7.

ISU at Brigham Young---Having drawn the short straw this week and taking a break from the conference schedule, the Bengals take a big step up a level into the FBS ranks. A win would definitely trump any other of the four scalps the conference already owns. But that is a tall order...Brigham Young 55, ISU 7.

UM at UNC---Fresh off their strange win at home last week, the Grizzlies head out on the road this time and play another bottom feeder. If they try to play down to the opponent, the Bears, who threw a mild scare at Sacramento State, may steal it. Hopefully, the Grizzlies learned their lesson...UM 31, UNC 21.

MSU at EWU---To call this the game of the week would be putting it mildly. The Bobcats come in off a bye week and has looked strong so far. The Eagles also are coming off a bye week and were flying high until coming up a point short in their last game. Who really wants this game more?...MSU 31, EWU 29.

PSU at WSU---Strange that both these teams come in with identical conference and overall marks, and both need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs. The Vikings have taken advantage of a couple wins over the bottom feeders and the Wildcats have a big win at EWU. Who gets this one...WSU 28, PSU 21.

SUU at UI---All the good matchups in the conference, then there is this one. The Thunderbirds hope their near win last week can give them hope to get a conference win and the Vandals are also hoping for a win after last week's disappointing home loss. Who breaks through in this game...UI 24, SUU 17.

Well, If I had any faith in Portland State, I would have got my perfect week xlolx. 6-1 this week, 59-20 overall.

wapiti
November 7th, 2021, 02:27 PM
Well, If I had any faith in Portland State, I would have got my perfect week xlolx. 6-1 this week, 59-20 overall.

Nice win by PSU. Next 2 games are not any easier with road trip to sac and EWU coming to town.

mvemjsunpx
November 7th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Nice win by PSU. Next 2 games are not any easier with sac coming to town and then on the road to Cheney.

You have the home/road reversed on those two games.

wapiti
November 8th, 2021, 10:06 AM
You have the home/road reversed on those two games.

Bah!!

Fixed.

Thanks.

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
November 8th, 2021, 04:23 PM
Absolutely in consideration if they would run the table. They just gotta come thru on the IF part.

welp… injuries have been a big hamper this year. I feel like every win came with the cost of a slew of injuries. Still, I have to keep reminding myself this is a young team. They’ll be a force next year. True freshman usually don’t come in and run the table.