PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 10

DFW HOYA
October 30th, 2021, 10:02 PM
Saturday's games. The first two games seem obvious.

Lafayette (3-5) at Holy Cross (6-2), 12:30
Fordham (5-3) at Georgetown (2-5), 12:30

Now, the third.

Lehigh (0-8) at Bucknell (1-7), 1:00

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2021, 10:12 PM
The first two games seem obvious.

Silly things might befuddle the Crusaders. They might get a cramp. They might trip and stub their toe. They might stumble into the Hotel Vernon the night before and forget to leave.

It could happen.

A Pard can wish.

bonarae
October 30th, 2021, 10:47 PM
Holy Cross
Fordham
Bucknell

Digby
October 31st, 2021, 06:52 AM
Holy Cross
Fordham
Bucknell.

Why Bucknell? They have a win. They will be home.
And because I believe in Gilmore.

For Halloween horror, watch the fourth quarter of Lehigh versus Harvard. I felt sympathy for Lehigh’s players. Tired, frustrated, still trying but having to carry out poor schemes on both sides of the ball.

Pards Rule
October 31st, 2021, 07:33 AM
Thirty years ago in early Nov 1991 was my only trip to Fitton. It was a 48-14 wipeout.

CHIP72
October 31st, 2021, 07:49 AM
IMO, Bucknell is bad. But Lehigh is worse. Though the Mountain Hawks have shown a pulse the last couple of weeks, I think the Bison win that game. (I also think Lehigh goes winless for the season, but they do have decent chances at Bucknell and vs Georgetown at home. I'd be surprised if they beat Lafayette.)

NY Crusader 2010
October 31st, 2021, 08:27 AM
Lafayette-Holy Cross is by no means a foregone conclusion. If not for a furious late comeback by Fordham in a 42-41 loss, Lafayette would have the leg up in the PL race. Now they're likely playing for a shot at a three-way tie. Only way Lafayette can get the AQ, even with a W in Worcester, would involve Fordham having to lose twice.

For Holy Cross, win or lose next week, it still boils down to BEAT FORDHAM to win the league.

NY Crusader 2010
October 31st, 2021, 08:28 AM
Holy Cross
Fordham
Lehigh

NY Crusader 2010
October 31st, 2021, 08:31 AM
Holy Cross record at Fitton this year is 0-2 with BLOWOUT losses to in-state foes Merrimack and Harvard.

Digby
October 31st, 2021, 08:44 AM
Sagarin:

169: Holy Cross
180: Fordham
214: Lafayette
239: Georgetown
240: Colgate
252: Lehigh
253: Bucknell

Big Lafayette win yesterday, keeping the Pards in it for the league. Lafayette’s best win is over No. 204 Penn. Also over Bucknell and Georgetown.

Others of note:

1: Georgia
62: North Dakota State (highest-ranked FCS team)
196: Connecticut (lowest ranked FBS team,
just below Campbell and just above something called Tarleton State)

The Ivies range from 122, Princeton, to 226, Cornell.

Below Bucknell are Morgan State, Wagner, Butler, Stetson and Presbyterian.

Sader87
October 31st, 2021, 10:52 AM
Holy Cross record at Fitton this year is 0-2 with BLOWOUT losses to in-state foes Merrimack and Harvard.

We beat the Hoyas in Fitton this year.....that 1991 team that digby saw went undefeated (no FBS games) though they won a few very close games. Last team to have schollies (only the Srs), Duffner's last team in Woo.

Pards Rule
October 31st, 2021, 10:58 AM
Thirty years ago in early Nov 1991 was my only trip to Fitton. It was a 48-14 wipeout.

Also was the near end of the schollie phase out as part of the Patriot League admission

Pards Rule
October 31st, 2021, 11:01 AM
We beat the Hoyas in Fitton this year.....that 1991 team that digby saw went undefeated (no FBS games) though they won a few very close games. Last team to have schollies (only the Srs), Duffner's last team in Woo.

Sader, I was the one who saw them. I forgot they were undefeated. It would be nice to see a win at Fitton as Im 0-1 there. Meanwhile Im 1-0 at Andy Kerr (2014). Still need to get to Fordham and Georgetown stadiums.

ngineer
October 31st, 2021, 10:06 PM
'pards will likely give Crusaders a decent game. Their ability to not panic and come back at Georgetown was a good indicator that the players believe in themselves in adversity. Still, HC is too balanced and better coached. Holy Cross, 31-20

Morat is the best QB in the PL and the Rams can light it up quickly. However, their defense is very soft. Lehigh should have put up another 21-28 points. So if we were able to roll up almost 600 yards, Hoyas should be able to move the ball....IF their injuries to their receivers aren't too bad. The smell of the AQ with HC on the horizon should be plenty to keep the Rams focused, winning 45-31.

I am going with the 'good guys' to "break out of Lewisburg" with their first win. Lehigh has certainly shown signs of life the last two weeks and should only be getting hungrier. Their goal to should be to win out for a good springboard to 2022. Hopefully, they can get their running game moving, again, that helps Perri in the passing game. Perri has shown marked improvement the past two weeks. Hafner is now back in ILB to help stiffen the defense. The young secondary is athletic and improving. I think it will be close, but Mountain Hawks will find a way to 'Engineer' a win and end this lousy record. Lehigh 24-17.

TheValleyRaider
November 1st, 2021, 03:37 PM
3-0 this week, a bounce-back from the previous showing. Nice to be rounding into form, even if one game did go down to the wire. Suddenly it's November, and the end is in sight, so let's kick on for a strong finish. 29-15 for the season so far.

Lafayette at Holy Cross Holy Cross So begins the Crusaders' big stretch run, back-to-back against the other two potential contenders. I'd feel better about this pick if the Crusaders performance hadn't been a little sluggish over the last couple of weeks. Maybe they were saving their focus for these two games? Lafayette looks like the softer foe, especially given their struggle to top Georgetown last week. Improved? Perhaps, but not enough to make me think they can pull this one off. Senior Day in Worcester makes for a nice sendoff.

Fordham at Georgetown Fordham Speaking of sluggish, the Rams showed a few cracks last week against Lehigh. It wouldn't surprise me to see Georgetown move the ball, given the Rams defensive weaknesses and the probability they're looking ahead to the big matchup with HC next week. Is this enough for the Hoyas? I doubt it, especially if their depth is getting tested through injury and the long season.

Lehigh at Bucknell Lehigh As critical as I've been about the contenders, Lehigh is showing some life. Have some things finally clicked into place for the Hawks? It is too late in the year to save the season, except for a potential victory over Lafayette at year's end. My overall view of Bucknell is limited, but they were not impressive against a bad Colgate team. For some reason, I feel winless gets one over one-win. The Bison have won the last two against the Hawks, but the streak ends on Saturday.

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2021, 03:48 PM
If you think Georgetown is challenged by depth, wait until 2022. Entering this week, 17 of its 22 starters are seniors or 5th year players.

Who's returning?
QB
One OL
One DL
Two safeties

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2021, 04:00 PM
Crusader fans - should games at the new minor league baseball stadium become a thing?

UNHWildcat18
November 1st, 2021, 04:15 PM
Holy Cross 31-17
Fordham 38-14
Bucknell 13-2

crusader11
November 1st, 2021, 04:15 PM
Crusader fans - should games at the new minor league baseball stadium become a thing?

Most die hard HC fans would tell you that games are better at Fitton due to a "true tailgate," ease of getting in and out, sight lines of the field (probably the biggest), etc.

The Colgate game at Polar Park was good to engage the Worcester community and the casual fan. I wouldn't mind if there was one game a year there, especially if that continues to drum up interest of HC football in Worcester...it seems like Chesney actually gives a ***** about connecting with the city, which is nice for a change.

ngineer
November 1st, 2021, 07:17 PM
In reading some posts elsewhere, I got the impression that it was a 'typical' game for football in baseball stadium. Okay for the uniqueness, but not something to become a regular thing. I can't say that any fottball game in a baseball stadium is 'great'. Fitton reminds me of Lehigh's old Taylor Stadium. Close to the field and great sight lines. Keep it where it belongs.

Ivytalk
November 1st, 2021, 08:46 PM
Holy Cross
Fordham
Lehigh

The Boogie Down
November 2nd, 2021, 01:36 AM
In reading some posts elsewhere, I got the impression that it was a 'typical' game for football in baseball stadium. Okay for the uniqueness, but not something to become a regular thing. I can't say that any fottball game in a baseball stadium is 'great'. Fitton reminds me of Lehigh's old Taylor Stadium. Close to the field and great sight lines. Keep it where it belongs.

Agree to disagree. I only saw part of the HC-Gate game but loved the different angles, nooks and uniqueness. Yeah, I'm sure the sight-lines sucked for those there in person but after going to a few college football games at Yankee Stadium, I've realized that sight-lines are overrated. No, seriously!

Sitting in actual seats (as opposed to aluminum bleachers), having multi-levels to chose from, wide corridors, flatscreens in those corridors, seeing replays off a real scoreboard, hearing the PA guy off a real sound system, having a bunch of different food/drink options (although I do hafta admit that Yankee Stadium has the worst food of any pro-team venue I've ever been in), being somewhere that not only wasn't built on the cheap, but, prolly blew through the economies of some small countries and simply having a fully enclosed stadium to walk around/explore, waaaaay beats the hell out of simply good sight-lines. Unlike Jack Coffey Field (or that thankfully erased Taylor Stadium monstrosity), Fitton actually is a cool venue. And of course Polar Park is no Yankee Stadium. But at $118M, I'm sure it has tons more amenities than Fitton. I'm sure it feels more like a stadium. Not saying HC should abandon campus and play all their games at Polar but doing it once a year would be fun for fans and players (the ESPN+ broadcast even mentioned how one HC player's season highlight was to play at Polar) alike.

Assuming Columbia is no longer terrified of meeting Fordham on the gridiron, bringing back the Liberty Cup, with Yankee Stadium as the annual host would be fun for and players alike too. Liberty Cup at Yankee Stadium could/should be a NYC tradition actually.

Go Green
November 2nd, 2021, 07:10 AM
Assuming Columbia is no longer terrified of meeting Fordham on the gridiron, bringing back the Liberty Cup, with Yankee Stadium as the annual host would be fun for and players alike too. Liberty Cup at Yankee Stadium could/should be a NYC tradition actually.

It's not my impression that Yankee Stadium is having football games in September or early October.

DFW HOYA
November 2nd, 2021, 09:10 AM

The cost to rent Yankee Stadium for a crowd of likely less than 12,000 is not justified.

Fordham
November 2nd, 2021, 02:47 PM
Gtown scares me after seeing what Lehigh did to our D. What are Georgetown's strengths, DFW? Curious how they match up v our D's weaknesses where our DL was manhandled pretty well. Overall this team has taken care of business when needed, though, so it's a mature, seasoned group that I think will be focused enough in this trap game to not look ahead to HC and take care of business.

It's funny that I said at the beginning of the year that the first brutal four game stretch of Nebraska, Monmouth, Fl Int and Stony Brook would either be awesome for us in building confidence for the PL schedule or destroy us through injuries and lack of confidence. It's more of a mixed bag imo as the injuries have really, really taken their toll. That said, we've shown better depth overall than expected, the coaching has been very good imo and we've held up well enough to still have a shot at the title. I'll take it but do wish we had thrown at least one patsy in the mix in those first 4

The Boogie Down
November 2nd, 2021, 03:29 PM
The cost to rent Yankee Stadium for a crowd of likely less than 12,000 is not justified.

I think 12,000 (as a starting point) is a fair assessment. Would probably be a 2 to 1 Fordham crowd. But if the Liberty Cup at Yankee Stadium were to grow interest amongst even just some casual fans, then yeah, it is justified. If it were to grow and become a thing, like the annual Grambling game at Yankee Stadium once was when I was a kid, then that number would easily grow. Grow to at least match what Fordham did against Holy Cross back in 2016, or maybe even what Army did against Rutgers & UConn, before that.

The Boogie Down
November 2nd, 2021, 04:43 PM
Gtown scares me after seeing what Lehigh did to our D. What are Georgetown's strengths, DFW? Curious how they match up v our D's weaknesses where our DL was manhandled pretty well. Overall this team has taken care of business when needed, though, so it's a mature, seasoned group that I think will be focused enough in this trap game to not look ahead to HC and take care of business.

It's funny that I said at the beginning of the year that the first brutal four game stretch of Nebraska, Monmouth, Fl Int and Stony Brook would either be awesome for us in building confidence for the PL schedule or destroy us through injuries and lack of confidence. It's more of a mixed bag imo as the injuries have really, really taken their toll. That said, we've shown better depth overall than expected, the coaching has been very good imo and we've held up well enough to still have a shot at the title. I'll take it but do wish we had thrown at least one patsy in the mix in those first 4

Not gonna repeat my Lehigh mistake and predict "hanging 70 (or even 69) on Georgetown," but not exactly scared of Hoya either. As for the many injuries, Davis, who took a big hit against Nebraska did finally come back for the Lehigh game. He wasn't effective but he was out there. The other "major" ones like Diodato and Greenhagen (Lafayette) as well as El-Zayat and Sneed (Wagner), all came after the brutal four (maybe more like three?) game stretch to start the season. At the time of those injuries Greenhagen led the team in tackles (still does), El-Zayat led the team in receptions, Sneed led the team in rushing yards, while Diodato was the anchor in the middle. So yeah, Fordham took its lumps early on but the major injuries actually happened once the schedule got easier. Either way, this team is indeed deeper than expected. Coach gets full cred for keeping the "Next Man Up" philosophy alive and well.

As for the schedule... Maybe one patsy (like swapping the Monmouth and Wagner home games?) between the big boys woulda been better? But I kinda liked how the early tough part came all at once, thus allowing Fordham to sorta "cruise" into this backstretch.

DFW HOYA
November 2nd, 2021, 07:58 PM

Strengths:
1. Quarterback Pierce Holley. For a junior with no prior college experience heading into this season, he's been surprisingly effective and avoids bad passes. Joe Brunell had the name and the starting nod before injury, but Holley has earned the job.

2. Wide Receivers. Georgetown loses 17 of 22 starters next year, but in 2021 its top three receivers have been solid and can get open across the field.

3. Field Position. Rookie Conor Hunt leads the PL in punting and that has certainly helped the field position game this season.

Weaknesses:

1. Defense. Usually the Hoyas' strength, it isn't there in 2021, especially on the run, allowing 194 yards per game.

2. Rushing: Even with a 225 yard day versus Bucknell, the Hoyas are among the nation's lowest rated rushing attacks at 74 yards per game.

3. Depth: Outside the two-deep, there's 50 freshmen and sophomores on this team who have never seen college action. In key positions, the talent level drops markedly.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 3rd, 2021, 08:53 AM
I'm seriously considering going to the Bucknell-Lehigh game. The 1 PM start allows for the possibility to walk 9 at Bucknell Golf Course (figuring on a frost delay) and make it to CMS for kickoff. I simply love the campus/drive out (about 2 hours from the Scranton area) that the game is secondary. Plus, I'll either see a losing streak end or be justified to boo Gilmore off the field...lol

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 3rd, 2021, 08:56 AM

Which is why Temple has some hard decisions to make. JCF is fine. I know it's far from perfect but given the circumstances I don't see it holding Fordham back. It's good enough for the CAA should the Rams opt for it. Which they won't....

Bogus Megapardus
November 3rd, 2021, 04:33 PM
Read 'em and seed 'em . . .

Princeton (-1.5) at Dartmouth o/u 44.5

Holy Cross (-12.5) vs Lafayette o/u 45.5

Yale (-11.5) at Brown o/u 67

Fordham (-14.5) at Georgetown o/u 64.5

Penn (-7) vs Cornell o/u 42

Lehigh (-1.5) at Bucknell o/u 30.5

Harvard (-9) at Columbia o/u 38.5

Pards Rule
November 4th, 2021, 08:24 AM
Wow Cross favored over Pards by a smidgen less than Fordham over Georgetown...

crusader11
November 4th, 2021, 08:28 AM
Wow Cross favored over Pards by a smidgen less than Fordham over Georgetown...

Not to jump ahead (but to jump ahead), very curious to see what the HC - Fordham line opens at. Best guesses?

I'll say HC -4.5.

Pards Rule
November 4th, 2021, 08:29 AM
I'm seriously considering going to the Bucknell-Lehigh game. The 1 PM start allows for the possibility to walk 9 at Bucknell Golf Course (figuring on a frost delay) and make it to CMS for kickoff. I simply love the campus/drive out (about 2 hours from the Scranton area) that the game is secondary. Plus, I'll either see a losing streak end or be justified to boo Gilmore off the field...lol

Damn thats a great course! My parents '61 and brother '86. We have been going up there forever and summers stay at mods and play BGC. I found my tuxedo male Siete cat (or he found me by mewing as a 6 month old kitten) in a tree at the 150 marker on left side on number 7 (7 = Siete!). See the tree gone there (stump remains) that was the tree. That tree we saw last summer was gone by about 3 foot still stood (windstorm? IDK). I got the groundskeeper to cut it down and save it for me and its on my deck now. Might want to check weather too. We are expecting I just heard this morning at Long Beach Island Wawa a noreaster this weekend (not sure if will extend inland that far?). Good golfing.

kdinva
November 4th, 2021, 09:52 AM
Holy Cross 37; Lafayette 14
Bucknell 17; Lehigh 13
Fordham 33; Geo'town 24

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 4th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Damn thats a great course! My parents '61 and brother '86. We have been going up there forever and summers stay at mods and play BGC. I found my tuxedo male Siete cat (or he found me by mewing as a 6 month old kitten) in a tree at the 150 marker on left side on number 7 (7 = Siete!). See the tree gone there (stump remains) that was the tree. That tree we saw last summer was gone by about 3 foot still stood (windstorm? IDK). I got the groundskeeper to cut it down and save it for me and its on my deck now. Might want to check weather too. We are expecting I just heard this morning at Long Beach Island Wawa a noreaster this weekend (not sure if will extend inland that far?). Good golfing.

I've never played it which if you knew how many courses I've played is shocking. I've made it a point to play college courses when my travels allow. I was in Southwest Virginia over the weekend and had a chance to play the Pete Dye River Course at Virginia Tech (more like at Radford University) which had long been on my bucket list. I found it to be a really fun, but difficult Pete Dye Course; especially with zero local knowledge. I've played The Warren Course (Notre Dame), Kempen and Ackerman-Allen at Purdue (both are awesome!!), both Penn State Courses (both good, not spectacular but good), RTJ Course at Cornell (awesome layout, terrible conditions), Taconic at Williams (absolute gem!!) GC at Yale (historic layout, so-so conditions), Lonnie Poole at NC State (brutally difficult), Oliver Appleton at Saint Lawrence College (really fun course), University Ridge at Wisconsin (Champions Tour Stop, great layout). The Scarlet Course at Ohio State, Donald Ross GC at Michigan, Washington State's, Palouse Ridge at Washington State, Finley at UNC, Duke GC and the Meadows at Grand Valley State are next to be checked off. I might do a little Carolina trip in early December. Tobacco Road and either UNC's or Duke's courses could be on the itinerary. All these courses for the most part are cheap; under $75 for a prime time week day round. VTech's offseason November 1st rate, $49, was a steal; no aerification holes and still green...

I'd love to see how Bucknell stacks up with Seven Oaks at Colgate. Outside of some blah par 3s (Seven Oaks is getting a pretty significant renovation) Seven Oaks is a fantastic track.

Colgate TD
November 4th, 2021, 07:43 PM
Seven Oaks is the bomb. There is no competition. Every other course comes in second.

Fordham
November 5th, 2021, 08:41 AM
Not to jump ahead (but to jump ahead), very curious to see what the HC - Fordham line opens at. Best guesses?

I'll say HC -4.5.

haha, sounds about right i guess but I'm way too chicken to overlook the Hoyas. They play us tough and we looked awful against Lehigh. I'm expecting a battle and hope we come ready to play rather than looking ahead. Would be nice to head home with renewed confidence.

Btw, if I were to burrow deeper into that line I would say the first half is Fordham -7.5 and second half HC -12 if the last few meetings are any indication. Your staff has schooled us with halftime adjustments.

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Seven Oaks is the bomb. There is no competition. Every other course comes in second.
When I went to look at Colgate during the 1979 NJ teachers convention in early Nov I was impressed it had its own golf course! My mother quickly disabused me: "you wont have time for golf"..And yes it snowed a good 4 inches the next day when we were touring Hamilton College. Cold! From south Jersey we werent dressed! Pre Weather Channel!

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2021, 09:25 AM
I've never played it which if you knew how many courses I've played is shocking. I've made it a point to play college courses when my travels allow. I was in Southwest Virginia over the weekend and had a chance to play the Pete Dye River Course at Virginia Tech (more like at Radford University) which had long been on my bucket list. I found it to be a really fun, but difficult Pete Dye Course; especially with zero local knowledge. I've played The Warren Course (Notre Dame), Kempen and Ackerman-Allen at Purdue (both are awesome!!), both Penn State Courses (both good, not spectacular but good), RTJ Course at Cornell (awesome layout, terrible conditions), Taconic at Williams (absolute gem!!) GC at Yale (historic layout, so-so conditions), Lonnie Poole at NC State (brutally difficult), Oliver Appleton at Saint Lawrence College (really fun course), University Ridge at Wisconsin (Champions Tour Stop, great layout). The Scarlet Course at Ohio State, Donald Ross GC at Michigan, Washington State's, Palouse Ridge at Washington State, Finley at UNC, Duke GC and the Meadows at Grand Valley State are next to be checked off. I might do a little Carolina trip in early December. Tobacco Road and either UNC's or Duke's courses could be on the itinerary. All these courses for the most part are cheap; under $75 for a prime time week day round. VTech's offseason November 1st rate, $49, was a steal; no aerification holes and still green...

I'd love to see how Bucknell stacks up with Seven Oaks at Colgate. Outside of some blah par 3s (Seven Oaks is getting a pretty significant renovation) Seven Oaks is a fantastic track.

Let me know how you make out. Number 11 is a tough 4 followed by 12. What it lacks in water they compensate with small greens and heavy rough. And I have never ever parred number 1! Par 70 but very deceiving 70. I think you said you had Dan Quayles handicap - a 5 or 6

crusader11
November 5th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Your staff has schooled us with halftime adjustments.

It does seem like HC teams under Chesney are much better in the second half than first. From what I've gathered, our strength and conditioning coach is tremendous and has made a big difference in the team's overall physicality / stamina.

Fordham has outscored HC by 25 points in the first half in the last three meetings, but HC has won the second half by 61 points.

Leopard Loyalist
November 5th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Lafayette (3-5) at Holy Cross (6-2), 12:30
Fordham (5-3) at Georgetown (2-5), 12:30
Lehigh (0-8) at Bucknell (1-7), 1:00

Pard4Life
November 5th, 2021, 06:03 PM
Good version of Holy Cross 35, Lafayette 21
Lehigh 28, Bucknell 14 - Lehigh seems motivated
Fordham 42, Georgetown 24

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 5th, 2021, 06:31 PM
Fordham 52 Georgetown 31 - The Rams offense shows their prowess. Defense? Not so much...
Holy Cross 27 Lafayette 20 - The Pards go down swinging but the Crusaders make a few more plays in set up the showdown with Fordham...
Lehigh 24 Bucknell 16 - I'm actually going to pick Lehigh. This might be for the first time in over 2 years? This honestly says more about Bucknell than it does Lehigh at this point. I'm still contemplating making the trek out....

IslandPard
November 6th, 2021, 11:51 AM
LC off to a slow start, as usual. HC looks like they will break one any time now.

0-0

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Fordham 6
Georgetown 6
End 1st

Fordham has nine first downs and six points.

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2021, 12:17 PM
HC 7-0 end of 1Q… can anyone see this game?

IslandPard
November 6th, 2021, 12:20 PM
HC 7-0 end of 1Q… can anyone see this game?

Yeah, ESPN+. Effin commentator is calling us Lehigh.

crusader11
November 6th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Some bush league plays by Lafayette. Hope we run up the score on these guys.

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2021, 12:27 PM
Ok… what happened?

crusader11
November 6th, 2021, 12:28 PM
Ok… what happened?

Cheap shot after the play. Second late hit / unsportsmanlike penalty of the day.

14-0 purple.

IslandPard
November 6th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Garrett whiffs on another half of football. God he and his brother are horrible at calling an offense.

14-7 at the half

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2021, 12:57 PM
What else is new. Same problem for four years. I can’t watch but the offensive stats look awful.

Digby
November 6th, 2021, 12:57 PM
Cheap shot after the play. Second late hit / unsportsmanlike penalty of the day.

14-0 purple.

Catholics versus Convicts?

Meanwhile Lehigh and Bucknell have a combined 1 rushing yard after 12 attempts.
This is a battle of the titans.

crusader11
November 6th, 2021, 01:00 PM
Garrett whiffs on another half of football. God he and his brother are horrible at calling an offense.

14-7 at the half

In fairness, the HC defense is the best in the PL. Statistically speaking, HC dominated that first half, but Lafayette is a drive away from tying it. They get the ball to start the second half.

BNiche
November 6th, 2021, 01:09 PM
HT - Fordham 20, Hoyas 6

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Fordham 20
Georgetown 6
Halftime

Should not be this close.

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2021, 01:10 PM
Saders must be quaking in their frocks 🙄

Now cross sports live stats stopped working. Love how tech advances access to LC football gets worse.

BNiche
November 6th, 2021, 01:13 PM
Agreed - DFW. Penalties, missed field goals, fumbles, and 4 down stops, this game has it all!

IslandPard
November 6th, 2021, 01:18 PM
In fairness, the HC defense is the best in the PL. Statistically speaking, HC dominated that first half, but Lafayette is a drive away from tying it. They get the ball to start the second half.

Not trying to take anything away from your D but Garrett is and always been terrible at putting up points regardless of the opponent.

Digby
November 6th, 2021, 01:22 PM
So with JMU out, will the CAA look to the NEC for a team?

crusader11
November 6th, 2021, 01:28 PM
21-7 HC.

Lafayette just can't move the ball on offense.

crusader11
November 6th, 2021, 01:36 PM
28-7.

Rout is on.

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2021, 01:47 PM
Agreed - DFW. Penalties, missed field goals, fumbles, and 4 down stops, this game has it all!

Georgetown has no first downs since the 1st quarter. The 20+ year losing streak continues unabated.

crusader11
November 6th, 2021, 02:04 PM
35-7 HC.

Looking forward to the PLC next weekend in the Bronx.

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2021, 02:31 PM
Fordham 41
Georgetown 20
Final

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Five of the seven PL schools have a combined record of 10-34 (.227)

Arthur Rothkopf would be proud.

Digby
November 6th, 2021, 03:21 PM
“Creating a Championship Culture.”

Lafayette gave us a slogan, but didn’t do anything else.

Pards Rule
November 6th, 2021, 03:37 PM
“Creating a Championship Culture.”

Lafayette gave us a slogan, but didn’t do anything else.
Sad showing today

Digby
November 6th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Stillianos was back on the field today.

Sader87
November 6th, 2021, 04:59 PM
Was at Fitton today...beautiful day for football...the HC D is by far the best unit (O or D) in the PL imo...we'll see just how good they are next week in the Bronx.

The Lafayette O was very ovahmatched today....

crusader11
November 6th, 2021, 06:49 PM
If Lafayette is the third best team in this league, then we really are worse than I thought.

As much as I like their posters around these parts, Lafayette isn’t a good football team.

That was a boring college football game today between HC and Lafayette.

Digby
November 6th, 2021, 06:51 PM
HC dominated in first downs and had a 3-to-1 advantage in yardage.
I expected the Cross to win but today’s performance shows Lafayette is in the league’s bottom rank, not in the middle.

Fordham
November 6th, 2021, 07:13 PM
Well, Lafayette and Lehigh both took us to the brink so I’m guessing we will rightfully be big dogs next week.

Looking forward to it. I’ll be there. Anyone else?

crusader11
November 6th, 2021, 08:14 PM
Well, Lafayette and Lehigh both took us to the brink so I’m guessing we will rightfully be big dogs next week.

Looking forward to it. I’ll be there. Anyone else?

I had HC -4.5 before the weekend. I still don’t think they’ll be favored by more than one score. Fordham’s offense makes me nervous, even with our great defense.

I’m considering making the trek to JCF and extending a work trip an extra day to make it happen.

Does this game have a chance of selling out?

BNiche
November 6th, 2021, 09:02 PM
I had HC -4.5 before the weekend. I still don’t think they’ll be favored by more than one score. Fordham’s offense makes me nervous, even with our great defense.

I’m considering making the trek to JCF and extending a work trip an extra day to make it happen.

Great question - no idea about a possible sell out. Fordham sold out the Lehigh game but it was family weekend, so... no idea.

I will be there with a friend who went to HC. Let's see how it goes...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 6th, 2021, 09:14 PM
Made the trip today to see Lehigh, mercifully, end their school record 15 game losing streak. It was an absolutely stunning early November day in Central Pa. Bucknell's campus and downtown Lewisburg had their best foot forward on this Saturday.

As for the game, it was a great win by Lehigh but Bucknell is completely outmanned and personnel wise looked more like a D2 or D3 team. Some of their players were honestly wearing uniforms that did not fit them. Outside of one terrible INT in the end zone I thought Perri played really well. He's able to throw the ball with anticipation, accuracy and zip. The OL held up pretty well which allowed the running game to get going. Even so, the play calling and lack of imagination is alarming and will not cut it against even "decent" competition. Defensively, Lehigh controlled the game from the start against an overmatched Bison offense. They had very little to threaten the Mountain Hawks. Nick Septemphelter (son of former Lehigh QB great) hung tough but looked undersized and bit overwhelmed out there when he came in to replace the injured starter.

These are two really bad football teams; Bucknell is simply one of the 5 or worst teams in FCS imo. Lehigh has "gotten better" in the context of marginal improvement and diminishing competition. If nothing else, today proved Lehigh's absolute worse will never come close to Bucknell's absolute worse.

Can Lehigh win their next 2 to finish 3-8? I guess. Will they? I have no idea. Does it matter given the competition? That's an interesting question....

Also of note, great job by the Lehigh fans and "athletic culture today"! 0-8 team and there was still a large Lehigh contingent, full band in uniform and full cheerleading squad. The "give a damn" is still there. The results need to be.....

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/254238099_4901623109870081_6203098573056148327_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=JbnuFHfPnzoAX8-NARr&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=7899991c91a7a9a057f20805f3d4b9cd&oe=618BC653

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/254655879_4901622896536769_8024607731352865132_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ZW5gfnI1v4cAX8ASk1i&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=2c4c84909803c19aa0052590e88908e8&oe=618C7623

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/254228666_4901622999870092_1098681255732722279_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Lk8kYWTknCUAX8qzoD4&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=c13f3ac5529f46df61553ff1478e2222&oe=618B8878

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2021, 09:53 PM
As much as I like their posters around these parts, Lafayette isn’t a good football team.

Thanks?

crusader11
November 6th, 2021, 09:56 PM
Thanks?

I had read that Lafayette was turning the corner, just seemed like they’re a rudderless program with Garrett. I was expecting for today’s game to be competitive and it never was, despite a 14-7 halftime score.

I actually think Lehigh is the third best team in the PL, which is wild to think.

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2021, 09:57 PM
I actually think Lehigh is the third best team in the PL, which is wild to think.

Two teams up front and five teams in the back seat. The PL is arguably as poor as it has ever been...which last we looked, was 2019 or 2020.

Pard4Life
November 6th, 2021, 10:01 PM
I had read that Lafayette was turning the corner, just seemed like they’re a rudderless program with Garrett. I was expecting for today’s game to be competitive and it never was, despite a 14-7 halftime score.

Thanks again?

I have not seen us play in person since the Fordham game. We looked pretty good up until that point - even our losses were fairly competitive - but we have been downright abysmal since, even our win at Georgetown (it should not have been that close but a win is a win, even if we were down 17-0).

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 6th, 2021, 10:38 PM

The Lafayette vs Colgate game next week will settle that. If the Raiders win that game I think they cement themselves as the third wheel in the league this year. All things considered, a 5-6 season in Hamilton would be a helluva an accomplishment.

Lehigh honestly has talent except along the OL. They need more size and depth. It's up to the coaches to develop this roster into one that can challenge Fordham and Holy Cross. Which I don't see happening. 3-8 and I guess Gilmore is back? 2-9/1-10 and a loss to Lafayette and his MUST go. Today's game proved nothing more than "levels of awful". Need to beat the sinking ship from Easton.....

ngineer
November 6th, 2021, 10:38 PM
Made the trip to see Lehigh 'break out' at Lewisburg, and they did. Disappointing start with a some dropped passes, and a 50 yard drive yielded zip; but, after a sluggish first quarter, the Lehigh O went to town. I agree with someone's post that Lehigh, right now, is probably the third best team in the PL. Perri has been impressive with his improvement. He has a 'feel' for the game and smartly threw out of bounds several times rather than force something. The running game showed some life and "third string" DiPietro is showing he can be a force in the coming years. Good vision with cutbacks. If he can put on another 10 pounds without losing speed, and can really give the O a nice 1-2 punch next year with Hill. Second game without TE Snyder, but he was on sideline without pads. His presence the next two weeks will help the pass game. Defense was very spirited and except for one or two big pass plays, really shut down Bucknell's O. Lehigh's D had two picks today and blocked two punts, as well has had pressure on the Bucknell QBs. Glad I made the trip out to "The Bubble" as my daughter (a Bucknell grad) always referred to its campus. Seeing the team celebrate was almost like watching someone celebrate the World Series. The guys have continued to play hard and have shown improvement over the last four weeks. To finish out winning November would be a good shot in the arm for 2022.

The Boogie Down
November 7th, 2021, 12:41 AM

Unless you're sitting between the 40's, Fordham's one grandstand is all bleachers. Officially it's listed as 7,000. Probably more like 6,500. But if the fan interest is there, they can pack in as many as 7,500. In fact, there were a couple of games in 2015 when they sold so many tix that they actually had to put some peeps in the baseball stands, about 45-60 yards away from the gridiron! Point is though, if you show up, they'll find a way to squeeze you in.

The Boogie Down
November 7th, 2021, 12:44 AM
Made the trip today to see Lehigh, mercifully, end their school record 15 game losing streak. It was an absolutely stunning early November day in Central Pa. Bucknell's campus and downtown Lewisburg had their best foot forward on this Saturday.

As for the game, it was a great win by Lehigh but Bucknell is completely outmanned and personnel wise looked more like a D2 or D3 team. Some of their players were honestly wearing uniforms that did not fit them. Outside of one terrible INT in the end zone I thought Perri played really well. He's able to throw the ball with anticipation, accuracy and zip. The OL held up pretty well which allowed the running game to get going. Even so, the play calling and lack of imagination is alarming and will not cut it against even "decent" competition. Defensively, Lehigh controlled the game from the start against an overmatched Bison offense. They had very little to threaten the Mountain Hawks. Nick Septemphelter (son of former Lehigh QB great) hung tough but looked undersized and bit overwhelmed out there when he came in to replace the injured starter.

These are two really bad football teams; Bucknell is simply one of the 5 or worst teams in FCS imo. Lehigh has "gotten better" in the context of marginal improvement and diminishing competition. If nothing else, today proved Lehigh's absolute worse will never come close to Bucknell's absolute worse.

Can Lehigh win their next 2 to finish 3-8? I guess. Will they? I have no idea. Does it matter given the competition? That's an interesting question....

Also of note, great job by the Lehigh fans and "athletic culture today"! 0-8 team and there was still a large Lehigh contingent, full band in uniform and full cheerleading squad. The "give a damn" is still there. The results need to be.....

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/254238099_4901623109870081_6203098573056148327_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=JbnuFHfPnzoAX8-NARr&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=7899991c91a7a9a057f20805f3d4b9cd&oe=618BC653

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/254655879_4901622896536769_8024607731352865132_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ZW5gfnI1v4cAX8ASk1i&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=2c4c84909803c19aa0052590e88908e8&oe=618C7623

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/254228666_4901622999870092_1098681255732722279_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Lk8kYWTknCUAX8qzoD4&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=c13f3ac5529f46df61553ff1478e2222&oe=618B8878

Beautiful campus. Beautiful venue. But yeah, Bucky was the single worst team I saw Fordham play so far and we've already had more than our share of Patsies. Damn shame.

The Boogie Down
November 7th, 2021, 12:46 AM
Two teams up front and five teams in the back seat. The PL is arguably as poor as it has ever been...which last we looked, was 2019 or 2020.

Funny, in a sad (as opposed to haha) way.

DFW HOYA
November 7th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Beautiful campus. Beautiful venue. But yeah, Bucky was the single worst team I saw Fordham play so far and we've already had more than our share of Patsies. Damn shame.

This league is going backwards.

And if you think 2021 Bucknell has problems, wait for 2022 Georgetown. Hoyas lose 17 starters from 2021.

Fordham
November 7th, 2021, 02:47 PM

I agree. Something clicked for Lehigh

Lehigh'98
November 7th, 2021, 04:03 PM
I agree. Something clicked for Lehigh

That would be the schedule making that clicking sound.

ngineer
November 7th, 2021, 07:27 PM
That would be the schedule making that clicking sound.

No. The "clicking" started against Fordham. Lehigh beat them everywhere except where it counts; but it showed we can play. Holy Cross game was quite competitive well into the fourth quarter. Bucknell clearly a level below. That leaves the Hoyas and the Leotards. A 3-0 November is quite possible which gives a good shot in the arm for the guys going into 2022. It was great to see them celebrate in Lewisburg. Despite all the criticism they have received, they have hung together and see themselves as the guys who can be remembered as 'turning it around' and restarting the winning tradition. A lot of returning lettermen next year.

Pards Rule
November 8th, 2021, 09:41 AM

But the BIG question is, how did your 9 holes go?

The Boogie Down
November 8th, 2021, 03:44 PM
This league is going backwards.

And if you think 2021 Bucknell has problems, wait for 2022 Georgetown. Hoyas lose 17 starters from 2021.

Aside from Colgate in 2018, this league has been going backwards for about 4/5 years now. Not that we had a high starting point to begin with. So yeah, at the end of the year we're gonna hafta go back to that "PL is Broken" thread b/c things have been particularly Patsy this season. There's a decent shot that a majority of all PL teams will end the year with 3 wins or less.

The good news specifically for Georgetown is they're not losing 17 starters. Last Saturday's ESPN+ announcers even talked about the extra eligibility everyone is getting (everyone not at Bucknell that is) from the NCAA due to the pandemic. They further added how good a grad degree from Georgetown looks. So yeah, expect at least some of those 17 to come back. The bad news for Hoya is, so what? As someone else on another thread asked, how many more 3-8, 1-5 seasons is Georgetown going to put together?

In short I do see many of those starters returning in 2021. I don't see them doing much more than what Georgetown (surprisingly strong 2011 season aside) usually does. And yet, all that said, Hoya is still waaaaaaaay ahead of where Bucky currently stands.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 8th, 2021, 05:51 PM
But the BIG question is, how did your 9 holes go?

I did not play! There was a fairly significant frost delay that pushed the 10:20/:30/:40 tee times back. I knew it was probably an uphill battle given the clear, cold nights we've been having the last week or so.

If nothing else, the first time I play there will be 18 holes. It's open year round so a decent day from now until mid-December and I might make the trek out.