PDA

View Full Version : The Magic City Classic is back!

ASU33
October 28th, 2021, 02:02 PM
After a year away, the Magic City Classic returns to Birmingham this weekend. Officials are expecting an economic impact North of $23 million dollars and over 65,000 fans in attendance on Saturday plus an additional 30-40,000 that will remain in the tailgate area during the game.

ASU33
October 28th, 2021, 02:05 PM
https://www.wbrc.com/2021/10/27/magic-city-classic-already-making-big-economic-impact-back-birmingham/

Daytripper
October 28th, 2021, 04:37 PM
Very nice.

OhioHen
October 29th, 2021, 07:02 AM
https://www.wbrc.com/2021/10/27/magic-city-classic-already-making-big-economic-impact-back-birmingham/
Nice local interest story, but WBRC forgot to mention ASU and AAMU.

kdinva
October 29th, 2021, 08:06 AM

xslapfightx at the editor's and proofer's desk.

ASU33
October 29th, 2021, 12:07 PM

The local Birmingham media struggles with anything and everyone not named Alabama or Auburn.

POD Knows
October 29th, 2021, 12:13 PM
The local Birmingham media struggles with anything and everyone not named Alabama or Auburn.
I picked you guys in the AGS pick em deal. I am competing against my wife, who knows nothing about FCS football but is beating me in the picks anyway. She has A & M here.

Thoughts.

ASU33
October 29th, 2021, 01:02 PM
I picked you guys in the AGS pick em deal. I am competing against my wife, who knows nothing about FCS football but is beating me in the picks anyway. She has A & M here.

Thoughts.

We will try our best not to disappoint you. Our coach's future is pretty much riding on this one.

CockyGeek
October 29th, 2021, 01:06 PM
Eh. They had a feature on the game and mentioned both teams today on the news when I got home. Also threw in a JSU/Central Ark mention. Everybody knows who's in the Classic at this point. It's the biggest game in the city by far.

ASU33
October 30th, 2021, 05:07 AM

Thoughts.

A&M has an amazing quarterback and offensive skill players but they aren't the strongest on the offensive line. Our defensive line is our strength. If we can get to Aqeel Glass and disrupt their passing game we'll be ok. Glass has been sacked 19 times in their last 3 games. Offensively we'll start a freshman at QB who's been playing very well. The silver lining is that A&Ms defense is horrible. Every team that they've played this season reached a season high in yardage and points the week that they played them and hopefully that trend continues. We need this one. We haven't beaten A&M since the 2017 season and our coach's immediate future is riding on this one.

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2021, 06:17 AM
A&M has an amazing quarterback and offensive skill players but they aren't the strongest on the offensive line. Our defensive line is our strength. If we can get to Aqeel Glass and disrupt their passing game we'll be ok. Glass has been sacked 19 times in their last 3 games. Offensively we'll start a freshman at QB who's been playing very well. The silver lining is that A&Ms defense is horrible. Every team that they've played this season reached a season high in yardage and points the week that they played them and hopefully that trend continues. We need this one. We haven't beaten A&M since the 2017 season and our coach's immediate future is riding on this one.

You mean freshman can start at QB? I like it