PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-30

JALMOND
October 28th, 2021, 12:21 AM
October coming to a close and teams are reaching the homestretch. Heading into the final October weekend, I am at a respectable 50-17 for the year, but still have not had a perfect week. This week only five conference games are on the schedule with Montana State, Eastern Washington and UC Davis are all taking the week off. Here are my predictions for this weekend. All are my opinion only.

CP at PSU---The Mustangs are still struggling in conference play but there were some signs of life last week as they stayed close to UC Davis. But, they have to go on the road to face the Vikings, who had an extra week to prepare. Vikings are harboring faint playoff hopes and need this one...PSU 28, CP 14.

NAU at UI---Both teams coming off some rather embarrassing losses last week. The Lumberjacks did not really show up at Sacramento State last week and the Vandals let a determined Montana team run roughshod over them at home. So, who gets this game? Should we say 0-0?...UI 28, NAU 14.

SAC at UNC---The Hornets are rolling and are still undefeated in conference play. The Bears have shown life at times but still should not be in the same class as the Hornets. But, the Bears are at home and getting any road wins in the conference is always good. Can the Hornets continue winning...SAC 28, UNC 17.

SUU at UM---Have the Thunderbirds already checked out of the conference because they never did look good in a winnable game last week. Now they head out to probably the most difficult place to play against the Grizzlies who jumpstarted their season last week, but they can't stub their toe here...UM 40, SUU 14.

WSU at ISU---The Wildcats have their backs against the wall but they avoided a bullet last week with a win at EWU. Now the Bengals are waiting for them at the big bad Bengal barn. The Wildcats need to keep winning and the Bengals have been tough at home this season... ISU 26, WSU 24.

mvemjsunpx
October 28th, 2021, 01:59 AM
Cal Poly 17-34 Portland St. — PSU's last week of hope before reality kicks in

NAU 24-31 Idaho — The Vandals look like they've given up, but the Lumberjacks have been abysmal outside of Arizona

Weber 27-10 Idaho St. — WEBER xsmileyclapx ALWAYS xsmileyclapx BEATS xsmileyclapx IDAHO xsmileyclapx STATE!!!!!!!

Suutah 10-37 Montana — If the Griz lose this, they might as well forfeit the rest of the season

Sac State 30-10 NoCo — Clearing 17 points gives you a 99% chance of beating the Bears

bonarae
October 28th, 2021, 02:27 AM
Portland State
Idaho
Weber State
Montana
Sac State

MSUBobcat
October 28th, 2021, 09:58 AM
October coming to a close and teams are reaching the homestretch. Heading into the final October weekend, I am at a respectable 50-17 for the year, but still have not had a perfect week. This week only five conference games are on the schedule with Montana State, Eastern Washington and UC Davis are all taking the week off. Here are my predictions for this weekend. All are my opinion only.

CP at PSU---The Mustangs are still struggling in conference play but there were some signs of life last week as they stayed close to UC Davis. But, they have to go on the road to face the Vikings, who had an extra week to prepare. Vikings are harboring faint playoff hopes and need this one...PSU 28, CP 14.

NAU at UI---Both teams coming off some rather embarrassing losses last week. The Lumberjacks did not really show up at Sacramento State last week and the Vandals let a determined Montana team run roughshod over them at home. So, who gets this game? Should we say 0-0?...UI 28, NAU 14.

SAC at UNC---The Hornets are rolling and are still undefeated in conference play. The Bears have shown life at times but still should not be in the same class as the Hornets. But, the Bears are at home and getting any road wins in the conference is always good. Can the Hornets continue winning...SAC 28, UNC 17.

SUU at UM---Have the Thunderbirds already checked out of the conference because they never did look good in a winnable game last week. Now they head out to probably the most difficult place to play against the Grizzlies who jumpstarted their season last week, but they can't stub their toe here...UM 40, SUU 14.

WSU at ISU---The Wildcats have their backs against the wall but they avoided a bullet last week with a win at EWU. Now the Bengals are waiting for them at the big bad Bengal barn. The Wildcats need to keep winning and the Bengals have been tough at home this season... ISU 26, WSU 24.

xeekx Going out pretty far on a limb. I like it! I don't see them upsetting BBQ with their season on the line, but Holt does give people fits so it is definitely not unreasonable.

JALMOND
October 28th, 2021, 10:22 AM
xeekx Going out pretty far on a limb. I like it! I don't see them upsetting BBQ with their season on the line, but Holt does give people fits so it is definitely not unreasonable.

Bengals have been a totally different team at home than on the road where they've been terrible. They've given Davis their only loss there and probably should have beaten Sacramento State there as well. Crazy things happen there usually to the visiting team. xcrazyx

But like mvem said, Weber seems to win there pretty often so we'll see. xlolx

MSUBobcat
October 28th, 2021, 10:26 AM
CP 17 @ PSU 27 - Poly's revamping season struggles continue.
NAU 20 @ UI 27 - Even though Idaho is not good, the home cooking provides just enough of an edge.
Sac 34 @ NoCo 10 - The Bears got 1 more win in 2021 than they did in 12 games in 2019. And that's where they'll stay for the rest of this year...
SUU 17 @ UM 41 - T'Birds ran out of blinker fluid in their last remaining winnable game and will go 0-fer in their last season as Big Sky members.
WSU 30 @ ISU-o 16 - The Bengals defend their home turf well, even when the team is sub-par, but the Wildcats breathed new life into their season by beating EWU on the road. All that is left to become a viable bubble team is to take care of business in games that they are favored to win. I don't see them letting this opportunity to pull their season from the ashes go to waste.

MSUBobcat
October 28th, 2021, 10:27 AM
Bengals have been a totally different team at home than on the road where they've been terrible. They've given Davis their only loss there and probably should have beaten Sacramento State there as well. Crazy things happen there usually to the visiting team. xcrazyx

No disagreement about Holt. I always have an uneasy feeling before games there. You may very well get your perfect week with that upset pick.

wapiti
October 28th, 2021, 02:35 PM
CP 17 @ PSU 27 - Poly's revamping season struggles continue.
NAU 20 @ UI 27 - Even though Idaho is not good, the home cooking provides just enough of an edge.
Sac 34 @ NoCo 10 - The Bears got 1 more win in 2021 than they did in 12 games in 2019. And that's where they'll stay for the rest of this year...
SUU 17 @ UM 41 - T'Birds ran out of blinker fluid in their last remaining winnable game and will go 0-fer in their last season as Big Sky members.
WSU 30 @ ISU-o 16 - The Bengals defend their home turf well, even when the team is sub-par, but the Wildcats breathed new life into their season by beating EWU on the road. All that is left to become a viable bubble team is to take care of business in games that they are favored to win. I don't see them letting this opportunity to pull their season from the ashes go to waste.

What does the -o mean on ISU-o?

bobcathpdevil56
October 28th, 2021, 02:42 PM

Orange

wapiti
October 28th, 2021, 02:45 PM
CP 10 at PSU 27---CP is a bottom dweller this season and PSU had been a middle of the pack team and is at home this weekend.

NAU 17 at UI 21---Idaho had a poor showing againt the Griz in Moscow. NAU has been teribble on the road (except for Arizona). Which NAU and Idaho teams are going to show up for this game? I go with home field cooking.

SAC 32 at UNC 17---The Hornets are doing surpringly well this season. UNC is a bad team but the game is in Greeley and road games can sometimes be tough to win. Since Sac took down the Griz in Missoula they should not have a problem with these bears.

SUU 3 at UM 38---The Griz should have no problem with this game and win walking away. SUU gets a garbage time fieldgoal to avoid a shutout.

WSU 24 at ISU 17---Rivalry game in Pocatello should have BBQ'ed Bengal on the menu.

MSUBobcat
October 28th, 2021, 03:02 PM

Yes, as HP Devil stated it is orange. It's a lazy man's way of distinguishing the ISU's - ISU-o for Idaho State, ISU-r(ed) for Illinois State Redbirds and ISU-b(lue) for Indiana State Sycamores.

mvemjsunpx
October 28th, 2021, 05:03 PM

Weber is 34-3 against Idaho State since 1985.

MSUBobcat
October 28th, 2021, 08:55 PM
Weber is 34-3 against Idaho State since 1985.

xeekxxnutsxxasswhipx

nevadagriz
October 29th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Nau rolls
Sac rolls
ISU pulls of a stunner
Psu fails to stop Poly
Montana pulls off a nailbiter against SUU ( causing much gnashing of the teeth and entertainment on e-griz)

MSUBobcat
October 29th, 2021, 07:18 PM
Nau rolls
Sac rolls
ISU pulls of a stunner
Psu fails to stop Poly
Montana pulls off a nailbiter against SUU ( causing much gnashing of the teeth and entertainment on e-griz)

If the Griz don't roll by 3 scores, the dull roar of grinding teeth will envelope the entire state.

nevadagriz
October 30th, 2021, 04:43 PM
If the Griz don't roll by 3 scores, the dull roar of grinding teeth will envelope the entire state.

Get your ear muffs 20-19 win. 4 turnovers 110+ yards in penalties, just the worst performance in years. But they won and next week they will either get curbstomped or they come together as a team and make a playoff push. Will all the injuries (possibly lost our number 2 WR today) I'm happy with any win in any fashion. Things have to take a turn at some point!
Wait until my prediction for cat/eags game!

Lumberjackfanbefore2012
October 31st, 2021, 12:52 AM
xeekxxnutsxxasswhipx
That is the goat of emojis right there. You won the game.

JALMOND
October 31st, 2021, 12:53 AM

3-2 this week puts me at 53-19 for the year.

MSUBobcat
October 31st, 2021, 10:27 AM
Get your ear muffs 20-19 win. 4 turnovers 110+ yards in penalties, just the worst performance in years. But they won and next week they will either get curbstomped or they come together as a team and make a playoff push. Will all the injuries (possibly lost our number 2 WR today) I'm happy with any win in any fashion. Things have to take a turn at some point!

I was somewhat paying attention before doing some yard work and it wasn'timpressive thru halftime. Then I went outside and I could hear what sounded like rocks going thru a rock crusher even thru the ear buds and Pandora. I checked the score and immediately understood.

uofmman1122
October 31st, 2021, 09:11 PM
This team isn't gonna win pretty for the rest of the season. A 1-point win is just as good as a 30-point win, at this point.

We are who we are, so better pour a stiff drink and buckle up. lol