PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 9, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
October 25th, 2021, 11:57 AM
With five teams in the AGS Top 25 on bye this week, and many, many lopsided (record-wise) matchups this week, the following were selected as potential GOTWs based on either records, conference impact, or intrigue. Enjoy!

#3 Southern Illinois @ #15 Northern Iowa

#27 William & Mary @ #4 Villanova

Elon Phoenix @ #6 James Madison

McNeese @ #7 Southeastern Louisiana

#31 North Dakota @ #17 Missouri State

#32 Dartmouth @ #24 Harvard

Furman @ #25 Chattanooga

#35 Columbia @ Yale

Davidson @ Morehead State

MSUBobcat
October 25th, 2021, 12:24 PM
I chose the Salukis at UNI, not just for being the highest rated matchup but also because this is likely the most difficult game remaining for SIU (Misery State is currently ranked slightly lower, but more importantly that is a home game vs. this one being a road game).

It's not on the menu, but since we've been discussing the transitive property of scores and the usefulness in predicting outcomes, I'm curious to see how EWU does vs. Bye relative to how MSU does vs. Bye... xcoffeex

dewey
October 25th, 2021, 12:57 PM
SIU at UNI for me. IIRC this is a big rivalry game. Especially after UNI's big win at SDSU last weekend

Dewey

Houndawg
October 25th, 2021, 01:39 PM
SIU at UNI for me. IIRC this is a big rivalry game. Especially after UNI's big win at SDSU last weekend

Dewey

They had some barnburners in the Jerry Kill days where the clock read 00:00 and the game was still in doubt. Now lets hope they have a letdown after their big win.

POD Knows
October 25th, 2021, 01:44 PM
SIU v UNI is the only choice here

hoidOfYolen
October 25th, 2021, 03:38 PM
How is Elon v. JMU not higher? Elon upset JMU in 2018 at Bridgeforth when they were #2, and now they're #6 after a loss to Villanova. Davis Cheek is playing better than he ever has and could be the best QB in the FCS right now. JMU looks vulnerable and I think this will be the best game of the week. I do think #3 Southern Illinois @ #15 Northern Iowa will be thrilling too, but given the storyline of 2018's upset I feel like Elon v JMU at Bridgeforth is just too good.

taper
October 25th, 2021, 04:04 PM
SIU/UNI is very likely a play-in game for the post season. Not the only important game this week, but easily the most important.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 25th, 2021, 04:09 PM
I went with North Dakota at Missouri State....survival game...

katss07
October 25th, 2021, 04:48 PM
SIU/UNI is very likely a play-in game for the post season. Not the only important game this week, but easily the most important.
It’s important, no doubt, but play-in? SIU is 4-0 in the Valley, 6-1 overall with their only loss coming at Kansas State (a game in which they had the lead at half iirc). Even if they drop this one to UNI and lose to MSU next week, I think they’re a safe bet for the playoffs.

If by “play-in” you mean elimination game for UNI, then I think you’re spot on.

atthewbon
October 26th, 2021, 09:39 AM
It’s important, no doubt, but play-in? SIU is 4-0 in the Valley, 6-1 overall with their only loss coming at Kansas State (a game in which they had the lead at half iirc). Even if they drop this one to UNI and lose to MSU next week, I think they’re a safe bet for the playoffs.

If by “play-in” you mean elimination game for UNI, then I think you’re spot on.

I wouldn't even say it's an elimination game for UNI, if they drop one more game and win out they will be 7-4 (with an FBS loss to Iowa st) and almost definitely make it.

MR. CHICKEN
October 26th, 2021, 09:42 AM
I chose the Salukis at UNI, not just for being the highest rated matchup but also because this is likely the most difficult game remaining for SIU (Misery State is currently ranked slightly lower, but more importantly that is a home game vs. this one being a road game).

It's not on the menu, but since we've been discussing the transitive property of scores and the usefulness in predicting outcomes, I'm curious to see how EWU does vs. Bye relative to how MSU does vs. Bye... xcoffeex

....DAT SHOOD BE DETERMINED....IN NEXT GAME AFTER DUH BYE.....xwavex.....BYE!

MSUBobcat
October 26th, 2021, 09:49 AM
....DAT SHOOD BE DETERMINED....IN NEXT GAME AFTER DUH BYE.....xwavex.....BYE!

That upcoming game on Nov. 6th is what I was referring to. If EWU thumps Bye, but MSU is slow out the gate like they have been and only beats Bye by 18... it's a bad omen for the 6th! Common opponent transitive property never fails!

MR. CHICKEN
October 26th, 2021, 10:22 AM
That upcoming game on Nov. 6th is what I was referring to. If EWU thumps Bye, but MSU is slow out the gate like they have been and only beats Bye by 18... it's a bad omen for the 6th! Common opponent transitive property never fails!

.......UMMM.......ME TOO.......xsighxxsighx........BRAWK!

skinny_uncle
October 27th, 2021, 03:19 PM
This week wad a no-brainer.