PDA

View Full Version : What's a Hen fan to do?

LBPop
August 29th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Wondering what games our Blue Hen members will be watching this Saturday. I would imagine that much of the coaching staff will be in Bethlehem checking out the Mountain Hawks, but how 'bout the fans? Anyone traveling, or just sitting in front of the tube? :rolleyes:

GannonFan
August 29th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Not sure how much use going to watch Lehigh dismantle Monmouth will be - if they can get up there for an intrasquad scrimmage that'll be a lot more useful. This Hen fan has every intention of sitting on my couch and watching as much football as possible, even starting Thursday. As most of my weekends are devoted to travelling to Newark or wherever else the Hens may be, I'm actually looking forward to a day of college football TV watching (and score checking as well - have to get my top 25 picked out for voting that night!).

FightinBluHen51
August 29th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Not sure how much use going to watch Lehigh dismantle Monmouth will be - if they can get up there for an intrasquad scrimmage that'll be a lot more useful. This Hen fan has every intention of sitting on my couch and watching as much football as possible, even starting Thursday. As most of my weekends are devoted to travelling to Newark or wherever else the Hens may be, I'm actually looking forward to a day of college football TV watching (and score checking as well - have to get my top 25 picked out for voting that night!).
Ditto that!

ngineer
August 29th, 2005, 04:52 PM
I thought scouting in person was verbotten, now. Maybe that's only a PL policy; but my recall was that to save costs, NCAA agreed to stop scouting but require an exchange of game tapes?
Not that this should matter. I'm sure UD has seen Lehigh's O many times--it hasn't changed much in 15 years. Plus, I would think Lembo will hold some things back from view--unless Monmouth rises to the occasion and makes things dicey. They are not to be belittled. They have the type of team that could hang around and then with a break or two knock your block. Sort of like boxing. As long as the other guy is still punching, it only takes one to make a sudden change. They have several quality skill athletes that can cause trouble.

LBPop
August 29th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I thought scouting in person was verbotten, now.

It may well be--just another example of the slope of my learning curve. Regardless, I think the previous comments about the value of watching Lehigh vs. Monmouth were probably accurate. Delaware will have the films...and at least they will be 2005 films.

ChickenMan
August 29th, 2005, 05:38 PM
GSU @ N'eastern... CN8

MR. CHICKEN
August 29th, 2005, 07:49 PM
GSU @ NOR'EASTER......CN8.....JES' LIKE DUH CHICKENMAN!..............AWK!

ROOTIN' FO' DUH HUSKIES....AS ALL O' DUH A-10'ers!:hyped::hurray::hyped: